PDA

View Full Version : Dreadful refereeing decisions against Hibs

ekhibee
27-02-2018, 04:42 PM
IMO these are two of the worst in recent times, but I'm sure there's plenty more that people can come up with. I've tried to get footage of the Falkirk hand ball in the play off but no luck so far. On the positive side, we are 4th in the league in our first season back in the top league. Great stuff, onwards and upwards. Where are Falkirk again....

https://youtu.be/eB7_hI3eU4k

https://youtu.be/Pvl17Ob9yx0

snooky
27-02-2018, 05:08 PM
IMO these are two of the worst in recent times, but I'm sure there's plenty more that people can come up with. I've tried to get footage of the Falkirk hand ball in the play off but no luck so far. On the positive side, we are 4th in the league in our first season back in the top league. Great stuff, onwards and upwards. Where are Falkirk again....

Dreadful refereeing decisions against Hibs
This could beat the calendar thread. :cool2:

wearethehibs
27-02-2018, 05:12 PM
Fosters equaliser at tynie in the “relegation party” derby. Guy was 4 or 5 yards onside. A point there may have saved us from relegation.

But suppose looking back, relegation was probably good for us.

maturehibby
27-02-2018, 05:23 PM
At ER several feet over the line

guthrie01
27-02-2018, 05:31 PM

The handball in the playoff

https://youtu.be/dzGCyKKyb6A?t=56s

Really reinforces Lennon's saying that a blatant mistake like that potentially cost us another season in the Championship costing us thousands and no repercussions against the ref where taken

we are hibs
27-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Falkirk semi final. Tim Clancy denied the biggest stonewaller ever seen.

overdrive
27-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Another one that crossed the line but wasn’t given...

https://youtu.be/2RcTIfdFR4g

Pete
27-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Ten pager

Kato
27-02-2018, 05:37 PM
All the retrospective red cards doled out to Hearts thugs over the last decade, lost count.

guthrie01
27-02-2018, 05:38 PM

How can 1 team have so many goals over the line cancelled out by refs, it's staggering

Monts
27-02-2018, 05:47 PM

Im not convinced that one actually did cross the line

snooky
27-02-2018, 05:50 PM
How can 1 team have so many goals over the line cancelled out by refs, it's staggering

Easy question to answer. :coffee:

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Kenny Miller goal at ER after Hanlon assaulted by Wallace

Griffiths goal in the Falkirk semi miles onside to make it 4-3

guthrie01
27-02-2018, 06:07 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sykD8VT.jpg

Really ?

hibeejeebies
27-02-2018, 06:08 PM
Anyone else remember:

Malonga turning inside Lee McCulloch in one of our wins at Ibrox, McCulloch scoops the ball out of play with his hand, ref gives a corner...

Hamilton away under Hughes, Hamilton player handballs on the line to prevent a Hibs goal, melee ensues, ref awards the penalty but can't identify the Hamilton defender anymore so doesn't send anybody off (Hibs miss penalty) :(

we are hibs
27-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Kris Boyd assaulting Zemmama at Ibrox, Forster being headbutted by a Hun player (Boyd again possibly?) at Ibrox, black not being sent off at the cup final, handling being sent off for a similar challenge at Ibrox that a Rangers player commited moments earlier and didn't even have a foul given against him.

Hiber-nation
27-02-2018, 06:12 PM
Bobo Balde elbows Paul Fenwick in the face - play on. Oh yeah he got a retrospective ban :rolleyes:

Uli Laursen handball while lying on his back facing away from the ball v the huns.

1979 Cup Final v the huns - McCloy takes out Campbell - no pen

Cheating hun John "Polaris" MacDonald dive for a pen 1973 at ER

Monts
27-02-2018, 06:12 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sykD8VT.jpg

Really ?

Yes

The whole of the ball has to cross the whole of the line. Im not convinced that is the case.

murray26
27-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Yes

The whole of the ball has to cross the whole of the line. Im not convinced that is the case.

Your at it👍

Monts
27-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Your at it��

In what way am I at it? Just because you can see a sliver of green between the ball and the line, doesn't mean the ball isn't still overhanging the line.

Kato
27-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Bert Konterman punching the ball out of play off Mixu's napper, denying a chance at goal. Ref gave Hibs a corner, which he probably thought twice about.

Game against St Johnstone(?) - foul to Hibs and the wall is about 5 yards away. Ref walks the ten yards from where the wall is set-up and makes Hibs take the foul further away from where the foul was committed. Never seen that before or since.

guthrie01
27-02-2018, 06:24 PM
In what way am I at it? Just because you can see a sliver of green between the ball and the line, doesn't mean the ball isn't still overhanging the line.

I've watched the clip about 5 times in slow motion and the ball is over, no debate

Monts
27-02-2018, 06:27 PM
I've watched the clip about 5 times in slow motion and the ball is over, no debate

You cant tell that for definite from that camera angle.

There are plenty other more blatantly wrong refereeing decisions to choose from. This one was too close to call.

My_Wife_Camille
27-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Obvious one but not been mentioned yet - Rangers handball at ER in December not given

Boozy sent off for being shoved over by Boyd

Barltey winning a free kick at Raith and being sent off for it.

John McGinn denied a blatant penalty up in Falkirk in 2015/16

John McGinn wrongly sent off against Falkirk in 2015/16

No penalty when Morton player Mark Russell hand balled in the box away to Morton last season

Darren McGregor sent of for being head butted by a Morton player

snooky
27-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Bert Konterman punching the ball out of play off Mixu's napper, denying a chance at goal. Ref gave Hibs a corner, which he probably thought twice about.

Game against St Johnstone(?) - foul to Hibs and the wall is about 5 yards away. Ref walks the ten yards from where the wall is set-up and makes Hibs take the foul further away from where the foul was committed. Never seen that before or since.

:crazy: That's like watching a cartoon of the idiot sitting on the tree limb and sawing it off at the trunk. Looney cartoons indeed.

Mr White
27-02-2018, 06:31 PM

I was in line with the 6 yard box in the west upper that day and the whole ball did cross the line IMO.

Monts
27-02-2018, 06:35 PM
I was in line with the 6 yard box in the west upper that day and the whole ball did cross the line IMO.

Fair enough.

heretoday
27-02-2018, 06:37 PM
It's a conspiracy!

majorhibs
27-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Bobo Balde elbows Paul Fenwick in the face - play on. Oh yeah he got a retrospective ban :rolleyes:

Uli Laursen handball while lying on his back facing away from the ball v the huns.

1979 Cup Final v the huns - McCloy takes out Campbell - no pen

Cheating hun John "Polaris" MacDonald dive for a pen 1973 at ER

Uli Laursen was only down & out because while running back & watching the ball a hun, mebbes laudrup? put 2 hands into his back & pushed him from behind, sending him sprawling & completely unaware how he had even got there, on our goal line, as he pushed himself from the floor back up a shot came in, in fact the shot might have been laudrup, but Uli was trying to get up & not even facing play when shot came in along deck & struck one of his arms, “ref” immediately blows & awards penalty to Huns. Game was 0-0 at time far as I recall. Pretty sure Uli got a red for it too. Game ends 0-1. Job well & truly done, “ref”. Anybody got footage of that?

brog
27-02-2018, 06:39 PM

There's plenty debate. When I took my ref's badge they gave us all a test in training. We stood in line with the penalty spot & the ref placed a ball in the goal with all of the ball touching the grass behind the line. All 6 of us said it was a goal, it wasn't. When we walked up & stood in line with it we saw a small part of the ball was overhanging the line. That may or may not have happened with the Malonga pen, it looks like a goal but it's impossible to be certain from that angle. FWIW I think it's the most common mistake in football, officials & commentators calling a ball out which isn't. Now that's a mistake which cost us a goal on Saturday!

murray26
27-02-2018, 06:41 PM
That penalty given against Lewis Stevenson at east end park still annoys me..

theonlywayisup
27-02-2018, 07:13 PM
I could be wrong but were we not denied our own penalty in the game Dunfermline beat us in the second semi at Hampden

Sammy7nil
27-02-2018, 07:18 PM

Shoulda gone to Spec savers:aok:

Monts
27-02-2018, 07:20 PM
Shoulda gone to Spec savers:aok:

My eyesight is fine thanks :nerd:

Kato
27-02-2018, 07:22 PM
I could be wrong but were we not denied our own penalty in the game Dunfermline beat us in the second semi at Hampden

Sheils fouled in the box seconds before they were given a pen. Guess the ref?

overdrive
27-02-2018, 07:26 PM
Not really in recent times but I remember being at a match away against St Johnstone under McLeish. I think it was one of Freddy Arpinon’s first matches.

Hibs got a free kick on the edge of the box. St Johnstone set up their wall and Arpinon took the free kick and it hit a player in the wall square in the puss. Arpinon got booked for it.

Glory Lurker
27-02-2018, 07:31 PM
Even in the Tennents Sixes - that time Celtc got a free kick because we wouldn't give them the ball.

CentreLine
27-02-2018, 07:37 PM
All these incidents. I wish someone, with the technical know how, would put together a montage of all of these incidents and put it on line, asking the question, “how may times can it be human error against one team?”

Skol
27-02-2018, 08:25 PM
The Uli Laursen one was the worst decision I have ever seen. The shot was from Ricksen and actually knocked Laursens arm so hard he fell back down.
I cant recall who the ref was but wouldnt be surprised if it was Dallas. Is there footage of this ?

There was a worse one not in a hibs game when dundee utd scored a goal and the ball bounced back out off the stanchion. The partick centre half picked the ball up and handed it to the keeper who blootered the ball up the park. Les Mottram, who we sent to the world cup, missed it all and waved play on.

Kato
27-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Hibs v Rangers Scottish Cup - Paco Luna has a header at goal from a fierce crossball which comes of his hand and into the net. Red card from Dallas and Hibs out the cup.

Kato
27-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Les Mottram, who we sent to the world cup, missed it all and waved play on.

I reckon the only reason Mottram got a a gig as a ref with the SFA was that he had his own flute and drum. Absolute roaster.

Skol
27-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Cant find footage but here is the BBC report in a very different format to todays BBC. Mike McCurry the ref and I forgot that Mcmanus got sent off as well

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/1729193.stm

Rangers news report it as a deliberate handball, Unsurprisingly.

southsider
27-02-2018, 08:38 PM
Dreadful refereeing decisions against Hibs
This could beat the calendar thread. :cool2:

Tommy McLean who was 8 yards offside at IPod. Peter McCoy when he asulted Colin Campbell in the last minute of the Cup Final. No penalty ! Even 40 years o our players still talk about the injustice.

hibby6270
27-02-2018, 08:48 PM
For those of a squeamish disposition. Sorry to mention it. 2012 Cup Final.

The Painter’s assault on Leigh midway through first half. No red. Not even a yellow. In fact not a foul according to CT.

Pujabi’s foul for their pen. Yards outside the box but hey, CT still sees it as in the box somehow.

majorhibs
27-02-2018, 09:32 PM
Cant find footage but here is the BBC report in a very different format to todays BBC. Mike McCurry the ref and I forgot that Mcmanus got sent off as well

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/1729193.stm

Rangers news report it as a deliberate handball, Unsurprisingly.

Mccurry! Swear word! If there was footage of that incident they’d probably have had it destroyed. Absolute incontrovertible evidence of total cheating in the Scottish game by “refs” & the team that existed before the current zombies!

bawheid
27-02-2018, 09:51 PM
Mind Laudrup being allowed to retake a penalty about six times at Easter Road. Leighton kept saving them though!

Paul McStay diving outside the box at Ibrox in a cup semi final. Penalty. (Leighton saved)

Brebner being sent off in a derby by Stuart Dougal for absolutely nothing. Fletcher being sent off in a derby for catching the brown trout. Various Hearts players not being sent off in derbies only to be summoned and banned afterwards.

Agree with the previous posters though, the Ulrik Laursen incident took things to another level.

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Even in the Tennents Sixes - that time Celtc got a free kick because we wouldn't give them the ball.

That was literally incredible. Free kick against us for time wasting as we passed the ball around with the Celtic players standing off us. Lost us the final [emoji35]

NadeAteMyLunch!
27-02-2018, 10:27 PM
It stinks. Not even borderline decisions either. Completely blatant most of them

1875godsgift
27-02-2018, 10:49 PM
Mind Laudrup being allowed to retake a penalty about six times at Easter Road. Leighton kept saving them though!

Paul McStay diving outside the box at Ibrox in a cup semi final. Penalty. (Leighton saved)

Brebner being sent off in a derby by Stuart Dougal for absolutely nothing. Fletcher being sent off in a derby for catching the brown trout. Various Hearts players not being sent off in derbies only to be summoned and banned afterwards.

Agree with the previous posters though, the Ulrik Laursen incident took things to another level.

Pretty sure Craig 'Impartial' Thomson was the ref for that one.

majorhibs
27-02-2018, 10:54 PM
It's a conspiracy!

It’s **** always been a conspiracy mate, never stray from reality & pretend otherwise: Glasgow’s winning everything. SFA & SPFL want it so it’s happening, luckily enough all the weedgie fanboy current refs are onboard, so this is achievable.

Mibbes Aye
27-02-2018, 11:43 PM

One of my favourite ever games at ER.

Rangers were incredibly strong in those days but we always used to give them a game. Albertz opened the scoring with his trademark piledriver of a free kick but we came back into it with a Jackson-ah pen and an unlikely but welcome goal from Graeme Donald.

Laudrup’s pens were a rollercoaster. I remember being outraged at the original decision at the time, but having seen the highlights then it was probably fair.

Given he he was one of the best players in Europe then, it seemed certain he would score and there was a certain amount of resignation to our fate. But he hit the crossbar or something and we were absolutely jubilant.

Only to be brought crashing back down to earth because the ref ordered a retake. At the time we were livid but having seen the replays it’s clear Andy Millen was almost further forward than Laudrup when he struck the ball.

Take two, and in the East we are very crestfallen - we had our break with Laudrup hitting the woodwork first time, there’s no way a player of his calibre is going to **** it up twice.

And he runs up and shoots and Leighton palms it away!!! Cue mass hysteria in the terrace and on the pitch. McGinlay, IIRC, smothers Leighton who has to fight him off because the ball is still in play.

One of those moments where the emotions are actually better than us scoring a goal.

Sauzee16
27-02-2018, 11:47 PM
Ricksen not getting sent off for elbowing Riordan was actual plain cheating. We won on pens though mind.
Another was Balde on a yellow right through the back of Scott Brown then again on Goc both gotten away with then I think Samaras on loan from Man City scored. Was raging.

JimBHibees
28-02-2018, 06:46 AM
The Uli Laursen one was the worst decision I have ever seen. The shot was from Ricksen and actually knocked Laursens arm so hard he fell back down.
I cant recall who the ref was but wouldnt be surprised if it was Dallas. Is there footage of this ?

There was a worse one not in a hibs game when dundee utd scored a goal and the ball bounced back out off the stanchion. The partick centre half picked the ball up and handed it to the keeper who blootered the ball up the park. Les Mottram, who we sent to the world cup, missed it all and waved play on.

Mike mccurry was the ref. Corrupt.

Just Jimmy
28-02-2018, 08:04 AM
Mike mccurry was the ref. Corrupt.it was a boxing day game. maybe 2002? wee tam slapped the ref and got sent off.

Griffiths free-kick is the worst.

hearts have scored loads of goals from set pieces and free kicks that never were against us too.

I'm passed caring if it's crap or corrupt, we have the means to fix it now and it should be installed right away.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hibbychick1
28-02-2018, 11:40 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiGQY6gotK4