PDA

View Full Version : Last half hour of games

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Have we got a fitness issue.? Aberdeen aside we have struggled for a long time after 55 to 60 mins.

Thoughts please?

MWHIBBIES
26-02-2018, 04:36 PM
Not in the slightest, scored so many goals after 60 minutes this season

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Plus Thought we were the comeback kings coming back to win from losing positions were we not top in the Spfl?

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Aberdeen apart we have struggled the last 30! The last time apart from Aberdeen was Rangers where we still couldn't score. Just a minor concern of mines.

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Plus Thought we were the comeback kings coming back to win from losing positions were we not top in the Spfl?

When was the last time that happened?

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2018, 05:36 PM
I can see that positivity is going to be a work in progress.

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 05:39 PM
I can see that positivity is going to be a work in progress.

I'm not sure what you are getting at! We play good stuff on the main but the enegery doesn't seem to spread to the final quarterbof games.

Geo_1875
26-02-2018, 05:51 PM
I'm not sure what you are getting at! We play good stuff on the main but the enegery doesn't seem to spread to the final quarterbof games.

Except it did in the Aberdeen game so we didn't have a fitness issue for that game. Don't see how that works.

My_Wife_Camille
26-02-2018, 05:53 PM
Not in the slightest, scored so many goals after 60 minutes this season
We concede just as many

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Except it did in the Aberdeen game so we didn't have a fitness issue for that game. Don't see how that works.

I did say Aberdeen aside. That's a one off f

Bostonhibby
26-02-2018, 06:02 PM
I can see that positivity is going to be a work in progress.Gullane it is then, unless lennon can find a ploughed field somewhere for the players to run up and down for 90 minutes?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

we are hibs
26-02-2018, 06:36 PM
We seem to score two at home and that's us. How many home games have we scored 2 in this season as it feels like it's been almost every other home game has been a 2-1 win

Aim Here
26-02-2018, 06:36 PM
I was sceptical but I fired up the spreadsheets and I think there might be an issue.
So far this season, we score fewer goals as the game half wears on. Hibs scores fewest goals in the last 15 minutes of either half, while other teams seem to score more. I'd be wary of singling out fitness as the only possible culprit, though. It could be just statistical chance, it could be that the players are as fit as other teams, but they run around and tire themselves out quicker, or it could be that Hibs substitutions are less effective than other teams.

https://i.imgur.com/H2NLc0b.png

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Stats at 9th Jan

most points won from losing position Hibernian 14.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/68-key-statistics-from-the-scottish-premiership-season-so-far-1-4657351

Aim Here
26-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Stats at 9th Jan

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/68-key-statistics-from-the-scottish-premiership-season-so-far-1-4657351

For the record, 7 of those points were won in the last half hour.

Borderhibbie76
26-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Never fails on here we fail to.win 1 match and in this case it's not even a defeat and we get these ridiculous posts...a fitness issue...really??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2018, 07:25 PM
Never fails on here we fail to.win 1 match and in this case it's not even a defeat and we get these ridiculous posts...a fitness issue...really??

Only asking a question tbf

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 07:47 PM

Calm yourself down merely a general observation. :aok:

Can an you explain the ridiculous part ? Fancy telling me games recently we haven't found ourselves on the back foot Towards the end of games Aberdeen apart? Motherwell Killie Rangers Dundee Hearts off the top of my head have been on top latter stags of games.

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Only asking a question tbf

Keith_M
26-02-2018, 07:55 PM
I think more pertinent is why we can't play on a plastic pitch.

Borderhibbie76
26-02-2018, 07:57 PM

Can an you explain the ridiculous part ? Fancy telling me games recently we haven't found ourselves on the back foot Towards the end of games Aberdeen apart? Motherwell Killie Rangers Dundee Hearts off the top of my head have been on top latter stags of games.Am perfectly calm thanks and enjoying the great season our team is enjoying...don't see the need to pick fault like some.

As for your question there are a whole number of reasons why we could be on the back foot towards end of games...most of them you list we were protecting a lead for a start...like it or not teams wont just sit back and let us collect 3 points...we ain't in the championship now. It's perfectly reasonable in games where we have dominated possession and chances for the first 60 or so mins that teams are going to come back at us at some stage in the game. A lot of these games we have started really well and got ourselves into winning positions...fwiw I don't recall being under that much pressure in either Dundee or Well games but maybe my memory is not serving me well. As for Rangers away...we were on our feet after playing was it 5 games in 13 days?? Not to mention we were missing a back 4. Hearts in cup we were dreadful most of the match and had a real off day. Killie on Sat were 2 down and always going to go for broke, Lennon could have handled the situation better imo by introducing Bartley at half time. Add to that the pitch issues and a dodgy ref

Ryan69
26-02-2018, 08:42 PM
Have we got a fitness issue.? Aberdeen aside we have struggled for a long time after 55 to 60 mins.

Thoughts please?

Celtic game at ER

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Celtic game at ER

That was the start of December.!

lord bunberry
26-02-2018, 08:47 PM

Can an you explain the ridiculous part ? Fancy telling me games recently we haven't found ourselves on the back foot Towards the end of games Aberdeen apart? Motherwell Killie Rangers Dundee Hearts off the top of my head have been on top latter stags of games.
I would say it’s more down to the fact that we have failed to finish teams off. We rarely seem to enter the final 15 minutes of a game leading by 2 goals. It’s only natural that the other team is going to put pressure on us at the end of a game.

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 08:50 PM
Am perfectly calm thanks and enjoying the great season our team is enjoying...don't see the need to pick fault like some.

As for your question there are a whole number of reasons why we could be on the back foot towards end of games...most of them you list we were protecting a lead for a start...like it or not teams wont just sit back and let us collect 3 points...we ain't in the championship now. It's perfectly reasonable in games where we have dominated possession and chances for the first 60 or so mins that teams are going to come back at us at some stage in the game. A lot of these games we have started really well and got ourselves into winning positions...fwiw I don't recall being under that much pressure in either Dundee or Well games but maybe my memory is not serving me well. As for Rangers away...we were on our feet after playing was it 5 games in 13 days?? Not to mention we were missing a back 4. Hearts in cup we were dreadful most of the match and had a real off day. Killie on Sat were 2 down and always going to go for broke, Lennon could have handled the situation better imo by introducing Bartley at half time. Add to that the pitch issues and a dodgy ref

Thanks for the reply with only a hint of patronising insults. Protecting a lead i get completely by the way but we struggle a lot of the time towards the end of games. I'm enjoying this season immensely too FYI. It wasn't intended to be massively negative my thread merely a think out load on a new football message board to me.

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 08:51 PM
I would say it’s more down to the fact that we have failed to finish teams off. We rarely seem to enter the final 15 minutes of a game leading by 2 goals. It’s only natural that the other team is going to put pressure on us at the end of a game.

True that. Thanks

Borderhibbie76
26-02-2018, 08:53 PM
I would say it’s more down to the fact that we have failed to finish teams off. We rarely seem to enter the final 15 minutes of a game leading by 2 goals. It’s only natural that the other team is going to put pressure on us at the end of a game.Agreed - if we have an issue it's not fitness it's finishing teams off as you say

Borderhibbie76
26-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the reply with only a hint of patronising insults. Protecting a lead i get completely by the way but we struggle a lot of the time towards the end of games. I'm enjoying this season immensely too FYI. It wasn't intended to be massively negative my thread merely a think out load on a new football message board to me.Apologies if I took your comments negatively - you will learn on here there seems to be a lot of knee jerk reactions after a poor or negative result ie Hibs not winning a game. I thought this was perhaps another. As another poster has stated if there an issue it's not putting teams to the sword when we have the ascendancy imo

Clerie Green
26-02-2018, 09:00 PM
What if we play the last 30 mins first ? :thumbsup:

Ryan69
26-02-2018, 09:30 PM
That was the start of December.!

And?

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 09:50 PM
Apologies if I took your comments negatively - you will learn on here there seems to be a lot of knee jerk reactions after a poor or negative result ie Hibs not winning a game. I thought this was perhaps another. As another poster has stated if there an issue it's not putting teams to the sword when we have the ascendancy imo

No worries buddy and thanks.

Sauzee16
26-02-2018, 09:54 PM
And?

A match almost 3 months ago. We still looked toothless at Parkhead chasing it the last match too. Hearts in the league hey finished stronger too. I cots not a criticism as our start to medium parts of games are fantastic which was usually the opposite of us in general of my time watching us when we usually finish stronger it's not even a complaint either.

Sir David Gray
26-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Stats at 9th Jan

It's still 14 points.

How that compares with the rest of the Premiership;

Aberdeen - 13
Celtic - 6
Dundee - 6
Hamilton - 10
Hearts - 1
Kilmarnock - 12
Motherwell - 10
Partick Thistle - 5
Rangers - 16
Ross County - 6
St Johnstone - 6

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2018, 10:11 PM
It's still 14 points.

Aberdeen - 13
Celtic - 6
Dundee - 6
Hamilton - 10
Hearts - 1
Kilmarnock - 12
Motherwell - 10
Partick Thistle - 5
Rangers - 16
Ross County - 6

Thanks for that. Maybe teams getting more into their stride - The Gers for example (or refs helping)

jacomo
26-02-2018, 10:53 PM
Gullane it is then, unless lennon can find a ploughed field somewhere for the players to run up and down for 90 minutes?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Levein will never do us a favour.

Could just don hi vis and wander in one week day though?

Given the chaotic nature of their ongoing construction project, I doubt it would be difficult.

The_Horde
26-02-2018, 11:33 PM
I know (friend of a friend) the head of fitness at east mains and I can assure you, he would not allow the fitness of the players to be low for a second.

hhibs
27-02-2018, 12:10 AM
Maybe NL 's use or in some cases non use of substitutes till late into games ?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-02-2018, 12:12 AM
It's still 14 points.

Aberdeen - 13
Celtic - 6
Dundee - 6
Hamilton - 10
Hearts - 1
Kilmarnock - 12
Motherwell - 10
Partick Thistle - 5
Rangers - 16
Ross County - 6

Thanks for that. Maybe teams getting more into their stride - The Gers for example (or refs helping)

The_Exile
27-02-2018, 12:31 AM
Each game has a different dynamic heading into the closing stages. Lennon likes the opposition manager to show his hand before he reacts, whether that be formation change coupled with subs or purely personnel change. He done this as Celtic manager too and it seems to work well for him. It’s not really as simple as looking at one stat and thinking there’s an issue, you need to dig a bit deeper to spot both positive and negative trends within each match, and in this case, there isn’t one.