PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Stewart

snooky
26-02-2018, 12:05 AM
The only pundit that tells it like it is.
Give him the SFA job.

SirDavidsNapper
26-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Give him the SFA job.

He's very good. The SFA job is a poisoned chalice for anyone though.

BILLYHIBS
26-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Is he a jambo or a hibby? Still cannae make up ma mind.

DarlingtonHibee
26-02-2018, 10:24 AM
Jambos

Callum_62
26-02-2018, 10:25 AM
what did he say?

HibsNutter
26-02-2018, 10:41 AM
Being able to analyse decisions made by directors, managers or players in hindsight is one thing. He can do that.

It doesn't mean he will be able to take better decisions himself. See Gary Neville. Great at criticising managers, a **** manager.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2018, 11:03 AM

Dunno but he gave the best form of his career to the Hibs.

California-Hibs
26-02-2018, 12:42 PM

He’s usually very complementary to us on SportSound. I like him, talks sense, has passion, and it’s clearly an intellectual chap. Gives nice little digs here and there to the Jambos too

Joe6-2
26-02-2018, 12:47 PM
Being able to analyse decisions made by directors, managers or players in hindsight is one thing. He can do that.

It doesn't mean he will be able to take better decisions himself. See Gary Neville. Great at criticising managers, a **** manager.

I hate Gary Neville

Hibernian Verse
26-02-2018, 12:55 PM
He’s usually very complementary to us on SportSound. I like him, talks sense, has passion, and it’s clearly an intellectual chap. Gives nice little digs here and there to the Jambos too

He really seems to have it in for the Jambos. I find it a bit odd considering they paid his wages for a good few years? Usually footballers speak fondly of former clubs.

Jim44
26-02-2018, 12:59 PM
Is there not a personal thing between him and Potter, giving the impression of a falling out of love with them?

Not In The Know
26-02-2018, 01:00 PM
He really seems to have it in for the Jambos. I find it a bit odd considering they paid his wages for a good few years? Usually footballers speak fondly of former clubs.

He is still a big jambo. Hates Potter.

California-Hibs
26-02-2018, 01:14 PM

The way he talks about Hibs certainly doesn’t lead me to believe he’s a ‘big Jambo’...

Lago
26-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Whats that got to do with the OP suggestion??

lord bunberry
26-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Whats that got to do with the OP suggestion??
Well you wouldn’t want a Jambo with his finger on the button.

tamig
26-02-2018, 01:21 PM

He can’t stand Levein. That comes through loud and clear on Sportsound.

Hibs Class
26-02-2018, 01:24 PM
He can’t stand Levein. That comes through loud and clear on Sportsound.

He is pretty objective about levein though, and can quite easily justify his opinions. Levein's moaning that MS has an agenda against him is just deflection.

Deansy
26-02-2018, 01:40 PM

Andy Walker played for us and it's glaringly obvious he hates us !. Also, for an ex Septic-player, he's the most rabid Hun going !

Agree about Mickey Stewart though, I think he's the best pundit there's been for some time. Talks a lot of sense, knows the game well and never shows any bias towards any team - tbh, I thought that trait would go against him as the rest of them struggle to hide their bias/allegiance (think Chic's hilarious 'I support St.Mirren' story !) but he's still there and I hope he is for some time !. His non-bias though, will probably rule him out of the SFA job - unless he suddenly starts to favour either half of the 'Old ****' then he's no chance !

snooky
26-02-2018, 01:50 PM

He's 100% a jammer I'm sure however, like Bill MacLaren did in rugby commentaries, he doesn't let his affiliation to the Hearts blind him when analysing games. He usually calls it as most fair punters would. A rarity in pundits these days.
Also, he obviously has a higher IQ than your average player. :wink: :tin hat:

Is It On....
26-02-2018, 01:50 PM
Give him the SFA job.

I like him as a pundit but he has no experience (to my knowledge) of managing a commercial Enterprise. Scottish football needs a professional chief executive that can take our game forward (and thankfully the obvious candidate has ruled herself out). I also think that the appointment of the chief executive should have taken place before the manager was appointed. The fact they have done it the other way around tells you everything you need to know about how the SFA view the importance of chief executive position.

HoboHarry
26-02-2018, 01:57 PM
He's 100% a jammer I'm sure however, like Bill MacLaren did in rugby commentaries, he doesn't let his affiliation to the Hearts blind him when analysing games. He usually calls it as most fair punters would. A rarity in pundits these days.
Also, he obviously has a higher IQ than your average player. :wink: :tin hat:
Only my personal experience of course but I find that the English ex-players that we get to listen to here show no bias and call it as it is regardless of who is playing. The Scottish ex players are the worst by a country mile......

eastmainsmsh
26-02-2018, 02:09 PM

was a mascot for hibs cant remember who against tho

Geo_1875
26-02-2018, 02:11 PM
Only my personal experience of course but I find that the English ex-players that we get to listen to here show no bias and call it as it is regardless of who is playing. The Scottish ex players are the worst by a country mile......

I think the punditry in Scotland is generally poor, including the English and Irish former pros who are either just as biased as Scots or deliberately being controversial. Stewart and Hartson are the only two worth listening to in my opinion. As far as the rest go I'd rather watch games on BBC Alba.

SaulGoodman
26-02-2018, 02:12 PM
He's a bit of a steamboat willy if you ask me

snooky
26-02-2018, 02:49 PM

Anybody confirm this?
Not calling you a fibber Eastmainsmsh however, I would be truly (pleasantly) surprised if true.

overdrive
26-02-2018, 04:14 PM

I thought that had been proved to be another ginger Michael Stewart. IIRC the ages didn’t tally either.

mjhibby
26-02-2018, 04:23 PM
He is pretty objective about levein though, and can quite easily justify his opinions. Levein's moaning that MS has an agenda against him is just deflection.

He called the hertz game perfectly. Hertz defended the whole game and had the keeper to thank for not getting a hiding. It must be murder watching them. Funny how he said about lenny overreacting on Saturday after his famous kick and miss after being sent off. Does call it correctly virtually every time. BTW I thought everbody hated Potter. I read Mark Wilson saying he never spoke to him after missing a Scotland friendly when Potter was the Scots boss. A classless git if ever there was one

Is It On....
26-02-2018, 04:28 PM

I think Martin Keown and "Lauro" are truly awful and are the equal to any of our worst pundits.

snooky
26-02-2018, 04:48 PM
I think Martin Keown and "Lauro" are truly awful and are the equal to any of our worst pundits.

There's something about Mark Lawrenson that just doesn't ring true.
He makes me squirm for some unknown reason. :ill:

Thecat23
26-02-2018, 04:57 PM
There's something about Mark Lawrenson that just not ring true.

This 👍🏼

Deansy
26-02-2018, 05:59 PM

The problem with the Scottish ex-players now pundits is that 99.9% of them are either ex-Septic/Hun - the recent emergence of Kris Boyd - as someone who's job is allegedly to deliver well-reasoned, carefully considered and thought-out analysis of a game - is yet another example that the Scottish Football Media (or 'Level 5' as it's known today) think that the nation prefers it's pundits to be pot-bellied, illiterate, ignoramuses - so bone-****ing-idle that the effort and hassle of moving it's lower-jaw that would enable it to speak clearly enough to be understood, is just a step too far for it !

Is It On....
26-02-2018, 06:56 PM

Totally agree. He offers little or no insight and his whining voice gives me "the dry boak". To use "modern" terminology, he is a grade A roaster.

eezyrider
26-02-2018, 07:11 PM
I don't like Michael Stewart but can't deny he sometimes talks a lot of sense.

Can't see what skills he would bring to the sfa job though.

EZ

crewetollhibee
26-02-2018, 07:18 PM

Willie Miller is Coco the Clown compared to Lawrenson. A more miserable soor-faced man you’ll never see or hear on the telly.

lapsedhibee
26-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Willie Miller is Coco the Clown compared to Lawrenson. A more miserable soor-faced man you’ll never see or hear on the telly.
Potter and Moronho are on nearly every week!

snooky
26-02-2018, 08:20 PM
I don't like Michael Stewart but can't deny he sometimes talks a lot of sense.

Can't see what skills he would bring to the sfa job though.

EZ

I raise you a Regan and a donkey.

HoboHarry
27-02-2018, 03:17 AM

I'm not sure I've ever heard either of those two over here. There are different ex players but Lee Dixon and and Graeme Le Saux (or however his bloody name is spelled) are the two I hear the most. Always enjoy their commentary.

heretoday
27-02-2018, 06:51 AM
Totally agree. He offers little or no insight and his whining voice gives me "the dry boak". To use "modern" terminology, he is a grade A roaster.

He's the classic example of a numpty BBC pundit who gets to keep his job year on year.
Another is Danny Murphy.

One Day
27-02-2018, 07:46 AM

I quite like him too, generally says it as it is and hates Levine which is a bonus