PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen v Celtic

PatHead
25-02-2018, 01:49 PM
So Andy walker says it is not a penalty because he didn’t mean to handle the ball.

PatHead
25-02-2018, 01:50 PM
By the way Celtic should be a couple up by now.

Halmyre Hibee
25-02-2018, 01:51 PM
Andy Walkers an erse. Would Clancy give it? I bet not.

PatHead
25-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Aberdeen coming into this

Borderhibbie76
25-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Poor match so far on a dreadful pitch and a library like atmosphere

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PatHead
25-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Poor match so far on a dreadful pitch and a library like atmosphere

Think a lot of that is because Aberdeen gets so deep when Celtic have the ball.

PatHead
25-02-2018, 02:06 PM
1 0 Celtic

makaveli1875
25-02-2018, 02:07 PM
1-0 celtic

bod
25-02-2018, 02:07 PM
What’s the keeper up to ?

PatHead
25-02-2018, 02:09 PM
Doesn’t look good at crosses. Was desperate when the corner hit the bar.

Pete
25-02-2018, 02:11 PM
Aberdeen are flat-track bullies who haven’t given any Glasgow side a game for years. Bottle merchants who also shat it for years against Hearts.

If we’re within striking distance of them going into the split we’ll overhaul them.

Onion
25-02-2018, 02:13 PM
What’s the keeper up to ?

Mirror image of the goal Gary O scored against the Huns in the 0-3 cup demolition, from an Ivan cross :thumbsup:

Onion
25-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Aberdeen are flat-track bullies who haven’t given any Glasgow side a game for years. Bottle merchants who also shat it for years against Hearts.

If we’re within striking distance of them going into the split we’ll overhaul them.

Thrown in the towel. Saving themselves for the bigger game against Well.

Iggy Pope
25-02-2018, 02:17 PM
We'd all be better off ignoring Andy Walker and he will go the same road as erstwhile TV tit Craig Burley.

Borderhibbie76
25-02-2018, 02:19 PM

If we’re within striking distance of them going into the split we’ll overhaul them.They absolutely are...sh## their pants against both cheeks...haven't even beat the Yams this year neither. Thankfully we finally beat them last week

Billy Whizz
25-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Aberdeen playing Celtic exactly how we did against them at home in December
Sitting in and trying to hit on the break. We managed a 2-2 draw, with a late equaliser

hibee_girl
25-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Lustic sent off, Celtic down to ten men

Ronniekirk
25-02-2018, 03:07 PM
Lustic sent off, Celtic down to ten men

Its been coming ,he is a Liability and has been for a few games in a row of late

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatHead
25-02-2018, 03:09 PM
2 0

hibee_girl
25-02-2018, 03:09 PM
2-0 Celtic

Michael
25-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Lolberdeen

lord bunberry
25-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Keeper needs to have a word with himself there.

hibee_girl
25-02-2018, 03:11 PM
It’s all kicking off now

Aberdeen down to ten men too

weecounty hibby
25-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Aberdeen are the biggest bottle merchants going. Pumped time after time after time by OF

IGRIGI
Dons'ed it.

Stevie Reid
Good weekend. Draw at Ibrox would've been perfect, but this will do nicely.

Diclonius
Another quiet afternoon at the library.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Aberdeen are utter Leveins.

Playing a tired Celtic team who took a beating in midweek who were reduced to 10 men and this is the performace they put in. Richard Gordon loved pushing the 'Hibsed it' agenda. He should look a bit closer to home.

Stevie Reid
25-02-2018, 03:15 PM
18 points surrendered to the OF in their six matches.

GlesgaeHibby
Aberdeen are the biggest bottle merchants going. Pumped time after time after time by OF

This :agree:

For all McInnes has done a good job up there, his record against the OF can't be ignored.

SirDavidsNapper
The sheep are actually embarrassing

we are hibs
25-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Brown celebrating Infront of the Aberdeen fans after getting the ball booted at his head :hilarious

scottish football is some laugh

Diclonius
25-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Celtic fans singing about McInnes being an "orange *******". Surely not, I thought they weren't sectarian and were only guilty by association?

The Harp Awakes
25-02-2018, 03:17 PM
We're sitting in a very good position to overhaul Aberdeen now. I think they'll struggle to beat Murderwell midweek. No reason we cannot finish 3rd if not 2nd.

Iggy Pope
25-02-2018, 03:18 PM
Aberdeen are utter Leveins.

Playing a tired Celtic team who took a beating in midweek who were reduced to 10 men and this is the performace they put in. Richard Gordon loved pushing the 'Hibsed it' agenda. He should look a bit closer to home.

Would only take a phone call to one of the trumpets on Off The Ball. If we can stop them talking about St Johnstone or Motherwell's result that day.

Stevie Reid
25-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Kenny McLean is a wee tit. Delighted he'll not be around next season.

NAE NOOKIE
25-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Lets hope two defeats in a row makes the sheep start to wobble ..... of all the teams in Scotland they should be best equipped to give Celtic a game and they bottle it every time, even against a Celtic team coming off the back of a trip to Russia in midweek .... Chuck in the fact that they couldn't even beat a Sevco team we have beaten twice away and comprehensively outplayed even when they did steal a win at ER and its safe to say Aberdeen deserve their growing reputation as big game bottlers.

Onion
25-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Time for McInness to move on while his stock is still ok. These regular pumping by Celtic and Sevco - and in future Hibs will destroy much of the good work he's done in the last few years.

Iggy Pope
Kenny McLean is a wee tit. Delighted he'll not be around next season.

Agreed. A proper sort.

Billy Whizz
Think that’s Hibs title hopes gone today😄, but plenty to play for!

Captain Trips
Lets hope two defeats in a row makes the sheep start to wobble ..... of all the teams in Scotland they should be best equipped to give Celtic a game and they bottle it every time, even against a Celtic team coming off the back of a trip to Russia in midweek .... Chuck in the fact that they couldn't even beat a Sevco team we have beaten twice away and comprehensively outplayed even when they did steal a win at ER and its safe to say Aberdeen deserve their growing reputation as big game bottlers.

Yeah it seems they bottle it almost every time, perhaps they have donsdit.

Iggy Pope
25-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Time for McInness to move on while his stock is still ok. These regular pumping by Celtic and Sevco - and in future Hibs will destroy much of the good work he's done in the last few years.

There's not really much evidence of that good work. If he'd taken the Sunderland gig he'd probably be out by now. Over rated gang leader.

Elephant Stone
25-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Celtic fans singing about McInnes being an "orange *******". Surely not, I thought they weren't sectarian and were only guilty by association?

Calling someone associated with Rangers Orange is not sectarian. I am surprised at how difficult it is for some people to see this.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-02-2018, 03:25 PM
Aberdeen walk on to the park against the OF knowing that they beaten.

tamig
25-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Calling someone associated with Rangers Orange is not sectarian. I am surprised at how difficult it is for some people to see this.

Obviously in reference to his love of a tan. Pre-requisite of getting the Aberdeen job.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2018, 03:27 PM

The pub doesnae stock popcorn but, here we go again! :-)

Elephant Stone
25-02-2018, 03:30 PM
The pub doesnae stock popcorn but, here we go again! :-)

:greengrin:cb

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2018, 03:32 PM
Attendance:17,206

is that all

:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
25-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Aberdeens there for the taking.

Thecat23
25-02-2018, 03:34 PM
Dons don’t have the mentality to win big games.

superfurryhibby
25-02-2018, 03:35 PM
There's not really much evidence of that good work. If he'd taken the Sunderland gig he'd probably be out by now. Over rated gang leader.

I think a League Cup win, three consecutive second places and a losing Scottish Cup final says he's done not too badly.

Record v Huns and Celtic isn't too good though.

Just Jimmy
25-02-2018, 03:46 PM
I think a League Cup win, three consecutive second places and a losing Scottish Cup final says he's done not too badly.

Record v Huns and Celtic isn't too good though.when there was no Hibs Hearts or Sevco one year and no Hibs or sevco the next.

he's not all that at all.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Michael
25-02-2018, 03:53 PM
when there was no Hibs Hearts or Sevco one year and no Hibs or sevco the next.

Where were Aberdeen before McInnes? He's completely transformed them.

superfurryhibby
25-02-2018, 03:55 PM
when there was no Hibs Hearts or Sevco one year and no Hibs or sevco the next.

Have you heard the phrase you can only beat what's front of you? No great fan of McInnes or Aberdeen, but he's done well enough and it's plain daft not to accept that.

Betty Boop
25-02-2018, 04:00 PM

Its bigotry though.

Bostonhibby
25-02-2018, 04:02 PM
Calling someone associated with Rangers Orange is not sectarian. I am surprised at how difficult it is for some people to see this.Yep, there's a whole range of fruit that fits them well. Plums, lemons, kumquats. Stick barstewards before or after and it's still not sectarian. Hun works just as well .

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-02-2018, 04:03 PM

Ex Wales manager has not exactly set them alight.

Sir David Gray
25-02-2018, 04:13 PM

Sectarian or not, surely it's not difficult to understand why it would be considered offensive.

Just Jimmy
25-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Have you heard the phrase you can only beat what's front of you? No great fan of McInnes or Aberdeen, but he's done well enough and it's plain daft not to accept that.well enough yes. but hardly the second coming of Sir Alex some go on like.

let's see how he fairs in the next few years, now it's not just a 2 team league.

who knows, he might even beat rangers eventually?

Thecat23
25-02-2018, 04:15 PM
Anyone see the footage on twitter of the Celtic fans standing on the sheds that the disabled fans use at Pittodrie. Police and stewards just standing watching them letting them bounce on the roof, unreal!

lyonhibs
25-02-2018, 04:15 PM
well enough yes. but hardly the second coming of Sir Alex some go on like.

let's see how he fairs in the next few years, now it's not just a 2 team league.

Did they not beat Rangers at Ibrox for the first time in 25+ years errrrr, just last season??

superfurryhibby
25-02-2018, 04:28 PM
well enough yes. but hardly the second coming of Sir Alex some go on like.

Almost fair enough. I agree that he's not the second coming and the media do tend towards a wee bit of an excessive love in with McInnes.

He did finish second last season and that was my point, in response to another poster saying there wasn't much evidence of good work.

The Sheep had a run of ten consecutive wins and some good European results in his tenure. They may well still finish second this year too.

Hibrandenburg
25-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Anyone see the footage on twitter of the Celtic fans standing on the sheds that the disabled fans use at Pittodrie. Police and stewards just standing watching them letting them bounce on the roof, unreal!

Careful now, you're not allowed to criticise Celtic fans behaviour on here. :tsk tsk:

Just Jimmy
25-02-2018, 04:59 PM
Did they not beat Rangers at Ibrox for the first time in 25+ years errrrr, just last season??duno, maybe. his record is still honking against them though.

He can come back when he's won there twice in the same season. Like Lennon [emoji6]

Just Jimmy
25-02-2018, 05:02 PM
in all seriousness. he's been decent for them. I just don't think he's all that. his record v the OF is crap and it has been a 2 horse race for most of his time there. all he's won in that time is a league cup, and lost another final. in the same time we've won the Scottish and lost the league cup final.

a few 2nd places is decent but they were the only team in it most of the time. as I said, let's see how it goes this year and the next few.

Aberdeen fans don't think he's the best ever.

hibsbollah
25-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Careful now, you're not allowed to criticise Celtic fans behaviour on here. :tsk tsk:

'Two cheeks' cliché approaching over the horizon....

Ronniekirk
25-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Willie Miller praised him today but also made it clear Aberdeen need to be judged against the Old Firm
He wasn't happy The Manager was talking down Aberdeens chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
25-02-2018, 05:34 PM
'Two cheeks' cliché approaching over the horizon....They're different cheeks of the same erse ☺

Iggy Pope
25-02-2018, 05:51 PM

Record v Huns and Celtic isn't too good though.

Pat Fenlon lost two Scottish Cup finals.
Second place finishes with little competition, two seasons minus Rangers hardly shouts medals.
A single league cup win ranks him alongside Ally McLeod in the Aberdeen hall of fame and behind Alex Smith.

Billy Whizz
25-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Pat Fenlon lost two Scottish Cup finals.
Second place finishes with little competition, two seasons minus Rangers hardly shouts medals.
A single league cup win ranks him alongside Ally McLeod in the Aberdeen hall of fame and behind Alex Smith.

I agree
And when Aberdeen’s challengers, Hibs, Hearts and Rangers, were in the championship, and in a bit of a mess

hibsbollah
25-02-2018, 06:36 PM
They're different cheeks of the same erse ☺

Same cheeks of different erses would definitely be a metaphor too far.

Bostonhibby
25-02-2018, 06:38 PM
Same cheeks of different erses would definitely be a metaphor too far.Half typed that as the alternative then thought better of it[emoji6]

SRHibs
25-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Aberdeen are a bunch of *****bags.

Smartie
25-02-2018, 06:54 PM
They were consistently second for a few years.

This is a bit of a transitional season for them - Hayes was a massive player for them and they've had to change their team around.

Next season they'll be without McLean, will probably not have Christie back.

They're in the hunt for second again though - and with a fair bit more competition. Rangers are better than they've been, we're back up there, Hearts are doing their "difficult to beat" thing, Killie have come onto a game.

It's hardly disastrous stuff for them.

TBH they really impressed me in our first 2 games against them. They were, er, streetwise against us in getting their win at ER and they beat us comprehensively at Pittodrie. We pumped them the other week though.

I'm not writing them off yet.

The Harp
25-02-2018, 11:11 PM

Oh dear. Any need?

Hibrandenburg
25-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Oh dear. Any need?

Apparently yes, there's some on here who can see no wrong in what they do.

Hibbyradge
26-02-2018, 12:20 AM

Are there really? I haven't ever noticed that.

I know some folk dislike Celtic less than the Huns, but I don't think anyone sticks up for them.

Having said that, I was wrong once before, so ...

The Harp
26-02-2018, 12:50 AM

No time for either of them personally. Just don't see the need to have a go at fellow Hibees.

SJNB Hibby
26-02-2018, 02:40 PM
18 points surrendered to the OF in their six matches.

And only 1 goal scored

Elephant Stone
26-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Sectarian or not, surely it's not difficult to understand why it would be considered offensive.

It's very difficult to understand. Would calling a member of the Orange Order 'Orange' be offensive?

Sir David Gray
26-02-2018, 08:12 PM
It's very difficult to understand. Would calling a member of the Orange Order 'Orange' be offensive?

When did Derek McInnes join the Orange Order?

Elephant Stone
26-02-2018, 08:21 PM
When did Derek McInnes join the Orange Order?

I didn't say that he did. Why did you not answer the question?

Kavinho
26-02-2018, 08:43 PM
And we're off...

For what it's worth, my opinion is they've gone backwards since last season,as have Celtic, while sevco somehow look to be more cohesive since Jan.

Celtic and the Dons should both be further ahead than they are, and it'll be a travesty if sevco manage to finish 2nd and strengthen properly on the back of European cash. That'll be the end of this wee spell when a good tilt at the SC was possible for all non-firm teams.

Sir David Gray
26-02-2018, 08:52 PM

I didn't say that he did. Why did you not answer the question?

It will be offensive to a member of the Orange Order if you add the word "*******" at the end.

Elephant Stone
26-02-2018, 08:59 PM
It will be offensive to a member of the Orange Order if you add the word "*******" at the end.

In the same way that calling a racist a "racist *******" is offensive to a racist.

It's not offensive to ordinary, decent members of society. Nor is it intended to be.

hibbysam
26-02-2018, 09:43 PM
And we're off...

For what it's worth, my opinion is they've gone backwards since last season,as have Celtic, while sevco somehow look to be more cohesive since Jan.

Celtic and the Dons should both be further ahead than they are, and it'll be a travesty if sevco manage to finish 2nd and strengthen properly on the back of European cash. That'll be the end of this wee spell when a good tilt at the SC was possible for all non-firm teams.

They get European cash for third as well, and probably 4th...

Stuart93
26-02-2018, 09:56 PM
And we're off...

Tbf though, the huns have strengthened well in January and I think they'll be well ahead in 2nd come the end of the season, unfortunately. But with the amount of wages they're probably paying alongside the money they've spent on players last summer, probably shouldn't be much of a surprise. Money talks.

Sir David Gray
26-02-2018, 10:07 PM
In the same way that calling a racist a "racist *******" is offensive to a racist.

It's not offensive to ordinary, decent members of society. Nor is it intended to be.

You're spectacularly missing my point but never mind.

Elephant Stone
26-02-2018, 10:21 PM
You're spectacularly missing my point but never mind.

Your point is that McInnes hasn't done anything to merit being called 'Orange'?

I would say that, barring the actual Orange Order, Rangers Football Club (past and present) is one of the most orange organisations on the plant.

Hibrandenburg
26-02-2018, 11:13 PM
No time for either of them personally. Just don't see the need to have a go at fellow Hibees.

It was just last week that some on here called me out for suggesting that not only Rangers have a bigoted following but Celtic too. They're a small minority but there are some on here who feel that Celtic are kindred brethren and above criticism, I feel no shame in showing them the error of their ways.