PDA

View Full Version : Hyped.up performances

eastcoasthibby
25-02-2018, 07:24 AM
A question ....does anyone else think that players get caught up in the hype and at times over hyped up performances, that then results in poor performances the next game(s).

Forza Fred
25-02-2018, 07:26 AM
A question ....does anyone else think that players get caught up in the hype and at times over hyped up performances, that then results in poor performances the next game(s).

Rarely.

Fans on the other hand...........

eastcoasthibby
25-02-2018, 07:35 AM
Rarely.

I agree were are prone to that 😁 so where do the drop in performances come from great praise for previous 2 games for certain individuals ...is casualness, complacency something that comes from thinking you dont need.to put same.effort in all and every game ?

bod
25-02-2018, 07:43 AM
Lennon said when he arrived that hibs of old would play great & beat a top three team then get beat from a bottom 3 club the next week, now I know that Killie aren’t bottom 3 & are a form team of the moment but seems he’s not succeeded in eradicating the problem

Heisenberg
25-02-2018, 07:52 AM
Rarely.

Spot on. This was evident after our run of four wins on the bounce in Nov/Dec time. We then went on a bit of a poor run after that and some folk wanted Lennon punted. Seems there’s been a big overreaction to a lot of games this season when we haven’t won.

Blaster
25-02-2018, 08:01 AM
Lennon said when he arrived that hibs of old would play great & beat a top three team then get beat from a bottom 3 club the next week, now I know that Killie aren’t bottom 3 & are a form team of the moment but seems he’s not succeeded in eradicating the problem

You mean like beating Aberdeen after beating Rangers?

Keith_M
25-02-2018, 08:11 AM

Surely that's the point, though. Killie really are the form team, had the advantage of playing on their own plastic pitch and benefited from some refereeing blunders.

While I thought Hibs were poor for a large part of the game, and didn't deserve a won, you can't really argue that we were turned over by a bottom of the league side.

bod
25-02-2018, 08:47 AM
You mean like beating Aberdeen after beating Rangers?

More about performance especially the 2nd half

Shrekko
25-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Only 7 points from Rangers away, Aberdeen at home and Killie away... I can understand why our ‘hyped up’ players have been getting it in the neck....

Still a fair proportion of our fans who’re always looking to have a pop.

It’s maybe just me but maybe we should take into account we played a very good team on a terrible pitch and had a terrible ref... and still got a point. Just how bad were we?

weecounty hibby
25-02-2018, 08:53 AM
More about performance especially the 2nd half

Kilmarnock are the form team in the country at the moment and over the last 10 games have picked up more points than anyone else. We have just beaten rangers away, Aberdeen at home and are the only team in the last 8 games at rugby park to pick up any points. I think NL has it pretty much all going in the right direction

Pretty Boy
25-02-2018, 09:05 AM
We need to calm down a bit.

I was furious after the Hearts games because it was a crap result and a crap performance that came after a relatively poor run of results and some poor performances. Whilst the last 60 minutes yesterday was disappointing there are mitigating circumstances. It was also a point that is a continuation of an excellent run of form against the top and/or form teams in the league. 3 points on Wednesday and yesterday will look like a very good point indeed going into the derby.

Wee Effen Bee
25-02-2018, 09:06 AM
Rarely.

100% this!
Only team to take points off Killie at Rugby Park in last 8 games, just beat 2nd and 3rd in the league, including away at Ibrox, but people still having a go! This place is mental at times. Lennon even being questioned for not eradicating something that didn’t actually happen (beating big team then losing to a poor bottom 6 team). Killie were very good in the second half but I didn’t fear losing or even drawing at half time. They had hit the post and put a header over the bar in the first half by what saves did Rocky have to make? They got a lift and we all know the phrase that 2-0 is a hard score to enjoy. In saying that, two dodgy decisions undone us - not a conspiracy but more inconsistency - a very human trait.

ancient hibee
25-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Lots of fans change their minds like the weather.Many remind me of the Daily Express headlines in the 60s.Wednesday day of I nternational at Hampden “Law is King”,Thursday “Law must Go.”