PDA

View Full Version : It's all going well

21sMay
24-02-2018, 09:48 PM
After today it's clear to see us fans expect alot from this team, which is a good sign. Our first season back in the league and we are having a very good season, so far we are at the end of February and we have only been beaten 6 times and to be honest we didn't deserve half of the defeats. I'm very confident we will continue our good form and have a good finish to the season .

we are in a very good place just now

HFC_NYC
24-02-2018, 10:42 PM
That was a very measured post. Typically, the newly promoted team are the fall guys, and let’s not forget, we’ve been playing numpy teams for 3 years. We are in an excellent position, and long may it continue.

Hi Heid Yin
24-02-2018, 10:53 PM
I agree that our season is going well in the league. Our cup runs were disappointing, but on the flip side this has enabled us to focus purely on the league.
Replacing our two top scorers (Stokes and Murray) appears to have been a master stroke by Neil Lennon - albeit in unfortunate circumstances re Stokesy.
Kamberi has slotted in well and Maclaren to a lesser degree (fingers crossed he gets that elusive first goal from open play)but the most significant capture has been that of Scott Allan.
He appears to be that missing link. The team now looks full of goals and is certainly more balanced. We are without doubt playing as a more cohesive and dangerous unit.
I for one am more than pleased at this stage with how things are shaping up for the run in.

Stevie Reid
24-02-2018, 10:58 PM
I agree that our season is going well in the league. Our cup runs were disappointing, but on the flip side this has enabled us to focus purely on the league.
Replacing our two top scorers (Stokes and Murray) appears to have been a master stroke by Neil Lennon - albeit in unfortunate circumstances re Stokesy.
Kamberi has slotted in well and Maclaren to a lesser degree (fingers crossed he gets that elusive first goal from open play)but the most significant capture has been that of Scott Allan.
He appears to be that missing link. The team now looks full of goals and is certainly more balanced. We are without doubt playing as a more cohesive and dangerous unit.
I for one am more than pleased at this stage with how things are shaping up for the run in.

Agree with your post apart from the cup runs - getting to the semi final of the league cup (and losing to Celtic) was disappointing? We scored a tonne of goals in that tournament too.

Hi Heid Yin
24-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Agree with your post apart from the cup runs - getting to the semi final of the league cup (and losing to Celtic) was disappointing? We scored a tonne of goals in that tournament too.

I take your point, but yes, I felt disappointed that we got so close and failed to get to another cup final.

Borderhibbie76
24-02-2018, 11:18 PM
I take your point, but yes, I felt disappointed that we got so close and failed to get to another cup final.Don't see what's disappointing about the league cup to be honest?? At the time Celtic were unbeaten domestically in nearly 60 games and flying so think you are being a tad harsh.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
24-02-2018, 11:29 PM
Don't see what's disappointing about the league cup to be honest?? At the time Celtic were unbeaten domestically in nearly 60 games and flying so think you are being a tad harsh.

Not harsh, maybe spoilt by all our recent cup final appearances. I was disappointed that we missed out on another opportunity to win silverware - knowing that The jambos would be beside themselves with grief again.

we are hibs
25-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Don't see what's disappointing about the league cup to be honest?? At the time Celtic were unbeaten domestically in nearly 60 games and flying so think you are being a tad harsh.

They were there for the taking that day. Our goalie badly let us down