View Full Version : The young team and their song book

Weststand
24-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Take a bow lads absolutely brilliant. The new additions today were awesome "Kamberi" and "that's entertainment" :top marks

Undoubtedly we are top of the pops in the spfl charts :aok:

24-02-2018, 07:59 PM
What's the words to the mind the gap song? Got a feeling they might come in handy in a couple weeks

24-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Take a bow lads absolutely brilliant. The new additions today were awesome "Kamberi" and "that's entertainment" :top marks

Undoubtedly we are top of the pops in the spfl charts :aok:

And you’re Porteous, I’d do anything for you

24-02-2018, 08:03 PM
What's the words to the mind the gap song? Got a feeling they might come in handy in a couple weeks

Mind the gap mind the gap jambo b******s
Mind the gap mind the gap I say
It's getting bigger every flippin day

24-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Disappointed that the high noted "lalalala la" of "That's Entertainment" was omitted from an otherwise fine chant. C'mon young team, shape up or ship out..

Weststand
24-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Forgot about mind the gap another belter lol

24-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Apart from the unfortunate inclusion of the Anne Budge and the Forever and ever songs (which were sung by a small minority) it was a great effort today.

I liked the new songs even although I couldn't make out every word and despite the noise from our end tailing off in the second half as the performance on the pitch deteriorated, the first half atmosphere was brilliant.

24-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Apart from the unfortunate inclusion of the Anne Budge and the Forever and ever songs (which were sung by a small minority) it was a great effort today.

I liked the new songs even although I couldn't make out every word and despite the noise from our end tailing off in the second half as the performance on the pitch deteriorated, the first half atmosphere was brilliant.

Whats wrong with the forever and ever song?

24-02-2018, 08:27 PM

Presumably the referencing of ‘orange *******s’ and ‘**** the queen’ ... things that probably don’t need to be sung when we have a songbook which is outstanding otherwise.

24-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Presumably the referencing of ‘orange *******s’ and ‘**** the queen’ ... things that probably don’t need to be sung when we have a songbook which is outstanding otherwise.

Maybe those singing it genuinely don't care for sectarian organisations and oppose inherited privilege?:greengrin

24-02-2018, 08:35 PM

Nowt wrong wi hating the queen but I think it's the tim malloys line that's deemed most offensive.

24-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Maybe those singing it genuinely don't care for sectarian organisations and oppose inherited privilege?

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, was merely answering the question posed and feel that we don’t even need them in our repetoire. We are quick to have a go at those singing **** the pope and such like that id rather we had none of those add ons and stuck to our football chants which are outstanding.

24-02-2018, 08:36 PM

I see

24-02-2018, 08:37 PM

Aye, we don't go down that road these days and the modern Hibby songbook is as good as it's ever been, I'd suggest. Although "The Edinburgh Hibees....The Tim Malloys..." line assists my argument on another thread so I'm gonnae take the liberty here! Otherwise - let's enjoy singing about the present, and recent legendary, side, and their achievements, and allow the club name, colours, and badge say it all about our roots.

24-02-2018, 08:39 PM
I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, was merely answering the question posed and feel that we don’t even need them in our repetoire. We are quick to have a go at those singing **** the pope and such like that id rather we had none of those add ons and stuck to our football chants which are outstanding.

The other three or four songs I heard today were very good, nothing controversial and were actually quite clever.

I think we have one of the best songbooks in the country, there's no need at all for that other nonsense.

24-02-2018, 08:40 PM

I was only joking.

24-02-2018, 08:41 PM
I was only joking.

No worries. Always hard to tell on subjects like this.

24-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Marvin Bartley
Dylan McGeouch
Craig Levein has got a wee cock

24-02-2018, 08:46 PM

What's the tune?

24-02-2018, 08:48 PM
What's the tune?

https://youtu.be/GCnWEPIdKLw

I'd guess.

24-02-2018, 08:48 PM
What's the tune?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5SC4VnYNbw

24-02-2018, 09:11 PM

No lover of the Queen but I can't say I've heard reference to her being ****ed in any line of that Forever and Ever song in my puff. What am I missing?

And Pretty Boy is right, even if he was joking. Football isn't a bad place to remind your oppressors they can do one.

24-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Marvin Bartley
Dylan McGeouch

Magic! Didnae think we could top the auld “Tony Mowbray, Marky Venus” but that’s a challenger!
(Falkirk hibby nae matter how much you want it II can’t see Hibs ever comin out wi a chant incorporatin come into the body of the Kirk, just not suited to Hibs)

24-02-2018, 09:23 PM
No lover of the Queen but I can't say I've heard reference to her being ****ed in any line of that Forever and Ever song in my puff. What am I missing?

Forever and ever
We'll follow the boys
The Ed'nburgh Hi-bees
The Timalloys / The Turnbulloys (depending on your vintage)

So bring on the Hearts, the Celts, the Rangers
Bring on the Spaniards by the score
And the whole of Real Madrid
.... the Queen for half a Quid.

alihibs1
24-02-2018, 09:24 PM
What's the Kamberi lyrics

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

24-02-2018, 09:25 PM

And Pretty Boy is right, even if he was joking. Football isn't a bad place to remind your oppressors they can do one.

Then who knows what you listen to as it’s clear as day. Barcelona Real Madrid...

24-02-2018, 09:29 PM
Forever and ever
We'll follow the boys
The Ed'nburgh Hi-bees

For we will be mastered.
By no Orange *******s.
We'll keep the green flag
Flying high.

You're still hungover obviously so I've finished the first one for you.
Two different songs in my considered vintage, albeit often concurrent use but not essential!
And you missed out Barcelona with your Real Madrid improvisation.....

24-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Then who knows what you listen to as it’s clear as day. Barcelona Real Madrid...

Phrasing.

Weststand
24-02-2018, 09:32 PM
Kamberi is a slant on the famous benteke song.:aok:

24-02-2018, 09:41 PM

Tune?

24-02-2018, 09:44 PM
Tune?

Check Sir David Grays link above

24-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Forever and ever
We'll follow the boys
The Ed'nburgh Hi-bees

No need. So many great songs to belt out. Just no need to join others in the gutter. We should be better than that

24-02-2018, 09:54 PM
My laddie is 16, follows a few of these boys on instagram etc. Idolises them, we need a young team open day for the quieter potential future young team members to enrol. Young teams aren't built over night.

24-02-2018, 09:58 PM
What's the words to the Kamberi song?

24-02-2018, 09:59 PM

Kamberi Kamberi Kamberi Kamberi

Manage that Haymaker🤣

24-02-2018, 10:05 PM

In the jungle
The mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
Kamberi, Kamberi, Kamberi, Kamberi...

Deek01
24-02-2018, 10:08 PM
There is a striker, a big Swiss striker
Called Florian Kamberi
Brought in by Lennon
To give some venom
And play the Hibees way
Oh Kamberi, Kamberi, Kamberi...

24-02-2018, 10:13 PM
Kamberi Kamberi Kamberi Kamberi

Manage that Haymaker🤣

Too much for me likes.

HibeeHibernian4
24-02-2018, 10:20 PM

I think the Forever and ever one, dodgy though it is, might be slightly related to the fact that we're (fingers crossed) heading into European football. Not defending it, just my thoughts on possibly why it was sung today.

As you say, atmosphere was good in the first half and understandably petered out in the second once Killie got right back in the game. The That's Entertainment one is my particular favourite, just got to make sure we keep Barker next season so the song can still work.

Ayrshire Hibbie
24-02-2018, 10:39 PM
I think the Forever and ever one, dodgy though it is, might be slightly related to the fact that we're (fingers crossed) heading into European football. Not defending it, just my thoughts on possibly why it was sung today.

As you say, atmosphere was good in the first half and understandably petered out in the second once Killie got right back in the game. The That's Entertainment one is my particular favourite, just got to make sure we keep Barker next season so the song can still work.
Wish they would drop the Mercer song

24-02-2018, 11:08 PM

He was a good guy, right enough.

DavidDavidGray
24-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Thought the Marciano song was class aswell. Come up with a few really good ones lately

Austinho
24-02-2018, 11:19 PM
I heard a song on the TV along the lines of ‘This is how it feels’.
What are the words to that?

24-02-2018, 11:23 PM
I heard a song on the TV along the lines of ‘This is how it feels’.
What are the words to that?

This is how it feels to be Hibees
This is it how it feels to be small
You signed Callachan
We signed Efe Ambrose
Efe Ambrose

That's been sung for a couple of months now.

24-02-2018, 11:24 PM
Marvin Bartley
Dylan McGeouch

That’s superb! Hopefully it gets belted out in the derby!

24-02-2018, 11:28 PM

I don’t have a major issue with the Mercer song, though I cringe when I hear it. The other ones about his family are very distasteful though.

25-02-2018, 12:14 AM
I liked a song I heard some Hibees singing up in Aberdeen the night before the 4–1 game but haven’t heard it since. Was based on an old Liverpool song apparently...

to the tune tune of the Mercer song

woah woah woah
We’ve got the best defence in the world
We’ve got Gray and Paul Hanlon
Lewis Stevenson
McGregor and Efe Ambrose oh oh oh...

come to think of it, after the defensive performance the next day there’s no wonder it wasn’t heard! Still think it would be a good one for the singing section boys to give a go

Austinho
25-02-2018, 12:15 AM
This is how it feels to be Hibees
This is it how it feels to be small
You signed Callachan
We signed Efe Ambrose
Efe Ambrose

That's been sung for a couple of months now.Wish I had never asked - that’s awful! ;)

Tornadoes70
25-02-2018, 12:31 AM

Aye a real good un. A Psychotic asset stripper living life only for the good of himself and the illusion of his own kind who obtain wealth and power from acts against humanity by walking all over others and taking delight from it in their own perverse obscene processes. A real good un right enough. A ****bag of the worst kind.

mon the cabbage!!!

25-02-2018, 01:51 AM

Aye a real good un. A Psychotic asset stripper living life only for the good of himself and the illusion of his own kind who obtain wealth and power from acts against humanity by walking all over others and taking delight from it in their own perverse obscene processes. A real good un right enough. A ****bag of the worst kind.

mon the cabbage!!!

Tory can’t

sean04
25-02-2018, 02:09 AM
Neil lennon and Gary Parker, Martin Boyle and Brandon barker, that's entertainment

25-02-2018, 02:10 AM
Wish I had never asked - that’s awful! ;)

Lthf

25-02-2018, 04:39 AM

I don't.......he tried to kill us so is fair game IMHO. I rejoice every day that the **** is deed and we are more alive than ever.

**** Mercer, he's deed!

25-02-2018, 07:49 AM
I don't.......he tried to kill us so is fair game IMHO. I rejoice every day that the **** is deed and we are more alive than ever.

**** Mercer, he's deed!

"He's just a fat tory bas***d"

25-02-2018, 08:06 AM
I liked a song I heard some Hibees singing up in Aberdeen the night before the 4–1 game but haven’t heard it since. Was based on an old Liverpool song apparently...

to the tune tune of the Mercer song

woah woah woah
Lewis Stevenson

come to think of it, after the defensive performance the next day there’s no wonder it wasn’t heard! Still think it would be a good one for the singing section boys to give a go

Your attention seeking posts are getting quite boring. Just saying, likes.

25-02-2018, 09:16 AM

You're not alone, trust me.

25-02-2018, 09:32 AM
I've sung songs about Mercer, more so in the pub before derbies rather than in the ground, and accept they are pretty tasteless, but I'd rather not dictate to the singing section what they can and can't sing. Join in if you like it, sit it out if you don't. Wasn't many joining in with the isolated Mercer songs which tells it's own story. Atmosphere was cracking for first half.

Roxyhibee
25-02-2018, 09:44 AM
From one of the older fans who knew all the songs from the late 60’s onwards, I think the stuff the singing section boys belt out now are much better. Funnier and far more inventive.

The young team and their songbook are fantastic - get quite proud of them when they’re in full voice. Keep up the great work guys - one of the many great things happening down ER now.

25-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Paid Mercer a visit in the dead of night during his takeover. Plastered his house with Hands of Hibs posters. Were a baw-hair from torching his maroon Jag. He later phoned the Hibs club and said " call off your dogs I am packing it in." After his funeral I waited until everyone had left and had a dance at his grave. May he rot in hell.

25-02-2018, 10:57 AM
Are you having a laugh? Either that or you’ve picked up the wrong end of the stick.

I thought it was a class song. Sounded great and full of support for the players but just noted the irony that the only time I’ve hear it aired was the night before our worst and (maybe only really bad) defensive performance of the season

25-02-2018, 11:01 AM
Are you having a laugh?

You can’t deny that you love to make a post that incites a reaction from the easily baited (myself included).

25-02-2018, 11:10 AM
You can’t deny that you love to make a post that incites a reaction from the easily baited (myself included).
The very purpose of an online message board as a form of interactive media is to encourage reactions and interactions. If not then we’d just be writing our thoughts in a private journal.

That song I heard was literally singing the praises of our defence who have been great this season, last season and even further. I think it would be a good one to hear more regularly.

25-02-2018, 11:43 AM
The very purpose of an online message board as a form of interactive media is to encourage reactions and interactions. If not then we’d just be writing our thoughts in a private journal.

That song I heard was literally singing the praises of our defence who have been great this season, last season and even further. I think it would be a good one to hear more regularly.

I wasn’t specifically talking about this thread, more just in general. And message board users should incite discussion by encouraging thought-provoking arguments, and not by throwing out a sarcastic/satirical post and hoping someone will bite.

Not saying you don’t make quality posts, but you’re also guilty of being a bit of a wind-up merchant at times.

hibsboy07
25-02-2018, 11:45 AM
What's the tune?

Try singing it to yourself it's not hard lol

25-02-2018, 11:49 AM
Try singing it to yourself it's not hard lol

It is if you don't know the tune.

25-02-2018, 11:56 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5SC4VnYNbw

Known to be as Sing Hosanna

Anti-hoofbaw
25-02-2018, 12:04 PM
"Who let the Hertz out
Hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof
Who let the Hertz out
Hertz pitch is sh*te, it's f****n boggin
Ah yepee ah yo
And every Jambo's hoofin the ball
Yepee ah yo
They tell the Hibee's stop the name callin'
Yepee ah yo
Then them Hibs respond to the call
I hear the Hibee's shout outâ?¦
Who let the Hertz out
Hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof."

DavidDavidGray
25-02-2018, 12:08 PM
"Who let the Hertz out
Who let the Hertz out
Who let the Heetz out
Who let the Hertz out
Hertz pitch is *****, in fact its boggin
Ah yepee ah yo
Yepee ah yo
Yepee ah yo
Who let the Hertz out
Who let the Hertzs out
Who let the Hertz out
Hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof."

Oh no

beensaidbefore
25-02-2018, 12:15 PM

Harsh. No need

25-02-2018, 12:18 PM
I wasn’t specifically talking about this thread, more just in general. And message board users should incite discussion by encouraging thought-provoking arguments, and not by throwing out a sarcastic/satirical post and hoping someone will bite.

Not saying you don’t make quality posts, but you’re also guilty of being a bit of a wind-up merchant at times.
Not sure I’d agree with all that (especially the quality posts line) but this is a good, positive thread about good, positive lads doing good, positive things for the club so it’s probably best to nip this in the bud before it goes way off topic.

Dunbar Hibee, sorry if you picked me up wrong. Here’s the song again withoit reference to the sheep game

woah woah woah
Lewis Stevenson

edit: just occurred to me that you might have been one of the lads singing it and thought I was slagging you off. If so that wasn’t the case, I thought it sounded great

25-02-2018, 12:19 PM
"Who let the Hertz out
Who let the Hertz out
Hertz pitch is sh*te, it's f****n boggin
Ah yepee ah yo
Yepee ah yo
Yepee ah yo
Who let the Hertz out
Who let the Hertzs out
Who let the Hertz out
Hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof."

😂

Anti-hoofbaw
25-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Oh no

25-02-2018, 12:26 PM
Posted on another thread.

Away doon in Gorgie
On the dark side of toun
There's a rusty bus shelter
That's painted maroon
It smells like a toilet and the rats are a plague
And the whole thing was paid for by the good Lady Haig

T-H-I---E-V-E-S and if you cannae spell it then here's what it says

THIEVES THIEVES scoundrels and thieves
They've stole from the half of the toun
Their fans are a blight and the fitba team's *****
And the whole thing will surely fall doon

This is their story, this is their song
No matter what Hearts do, they'll still do it wrong
Their sister's their aunty and their brother's a thief
And will always be mastered by the boys from down Leith.

Anti-hoofbaw
25-02-2018, 12:31 PM

Away doon in Gorgie
On the dark side of toun
That's painted maroon

Superb :hilarious

25-02-2018, 12:32 PM
Forever and ever
We'll follow the boys
The Ed'nburgh Hi-bees

Always thought it was "Barcelona, Real Madrid" before the rather unsavoury line referencing the Queen

beensaidbefore
25-02-2018, 12:37 PM
Do we still sing, he's gay he's bent his arse is up for rent? 😱

HibeeHibernian4
25-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Always thought it was "Barcelona, Real Madrid" before the rather unsavoury line referencing the Queen

It is

25-02-2018, 12:45 PM
Do we still sing, he's gay he's bent his arse is up for rent? 😱

Only when talking about the aforementioned 'Orange barstewards, when they are all dolled up with their baton ready for twirling and a right good marching is on the cards.

Anti-hoofbaw
25-02-2018, 12:48 PM
Do we still sing, he's gay he's bent his arse is up for rent? ��

"He's no gay, he's no bent but yer arse is still gettin fingert
Marvin Bartley, Marvin Bartley"

HibeeHibernian4
25-02-2018, 12:50 PM
Could easily change the lyrics of Forever and ever to something for the whole fanbase, IMO

Leeds United's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Y0cfDXUSA

Forever and ever,
We'll follow our team,
The Edinburgh Hibees,
The boys in green

Not sure how you get around the orange bit though :greengrin

beensaidbefore
25-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Only when talking about the aforementioned 'Orange barstewards, when they are all dolled up with their baton ready for twirling and a right good marching is on the cards.

Lol

beensaidbefore
25-02-2018, 01:06 PM

😂😂

25-02-2018, 01:57 PM
Thought the Marciano song was class aswell. Come up with a few really good ones lately

I’ve forgotten it from yesterday, was it the “Magic” song?

25-02-2018, 02:11 PM

Away doon in Gorgie
On the dark side of toun
That's painted maroon

And will always be mastered by the boys from down Leith.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

25-02-2018, 02:51 PM
I’ve forgotten it from yesterday, was it the “Magic” song?

Aye.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MzlK0OGpIRs

25-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Aye.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MzlK0OGpIRs

Old football song from the 70’s

25-02-2018, 03:53 PM

Away doon in Gorgie
On the dark side of toun
That's painted maroon

That's brilliant. Shame thieves has one more letter than Hearts so it doesn't quite scan but still, deffo would sing.

25-02-2018, 04:05 PM

Yeh, that's probably true. Mind you, when the 4,000 Hibbies at Bolton a few years ago started chanting '**** the queen' the reaction it provoked was hilarious, there were Bolton fans going apoplectic :greengrin

25-02-2018, 04:18 PM

You're probably right, but some people do actually sing my version.

25-02-2018, 04:38 PM
i'd like the 'we hate jam tarts and we hate dundee' line changed to >>

'we hate jam tarts and we hate cold tea' :agree: considering Dundee gave us "sir albert of kidd" it's a tad harsh singing we hate them :confused: shirly

25-02-2018, 04:41 PM
i'd like the 'we hate jam tarts and we hate dundee' line changed to >>

'we hate jam tarts and we hate cold tea' :agree: considering Dundee gave us "sir albert of kidd" it's a tad harsh singing we hate them :confused: shirly

But you think it's alright to sing, "we will fight, wherever we may be"?

25-02-2018, 05:01 PM

Whats tha craic with Bartley and his finger? I kinda remember something on Twitter ages back but not sure :confused:

25-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Whats tha craic with Bartley and his finger? I kinda remember something on Twitter ages back but not sure :confused:

He was pictured in a tangle last season with a Raith Rovers players with his finger up the Raith Rovers' player's backside.

Anti-hoofbaw
25-02-2018, 05:16 PM

https://youtu.be/D7jkYd8n5IQ

25-02-2018, 05:58 PM
He was pictured in a tangle last season with a Raith Rovers players with his finger up the Raith Rovers' player's backside.

Think it was this season away to Dundee. Was either Deacon or Kamara that got fingered. Still dunno how he got away with that!

25-02-2018, 07:19 PM
Think it was this season away to Dundee. Was either Deacon or Kamara that got fingered. Still dunno how he got away with that!

Never thought id read that on a football forum 🤣

25-02-2018, 07:44 PM
Never thought id read that on a football forum 🤣

I read someone talk of rimming yesterday. It's all gone a bit Broughton Street if you ask me.

25-02-2018, 07:51 PM

You are indeed correct.

I knew it was an away match against a team in blue but I thought it was longer than just this season but I have just read an article about it and you are spot on. :aok:

25-02-2018, 07:57 PM
https://youtu.be/D7jkYd8n5IQ

Am I the only one that finds this hilarious ?

Anti-hoofbaw
25-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Am I the only one that finds this hilarious ?

Nope :hilarious

18Hibee75
25-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Could easily change the lyrics of Forever and ever to something for the whole fanbase, IMO

Leeds United's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5Y0cfDXUSA

Forever and ever,
We'll follow our team,
The Edinburgh Hibees,
The boys in green

Not sure how you get around the orange bit though :greengrinForever and ever
We'll follow the boys
The Edinburgh Hibees
Making the noise
So Bring on the Glasgow Celtic, Rangers
Bring on the tramps from Gorgie way
Barcelona, Real Madrid
Levein can't deal with Albert Kidd
And we'll dispatch of every team that we may play.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

26-02-2018, 01:56 AM
Harsh. No need

Aye, you're probably right. We are all Hibees after all. My wife camille - I apologise. I'm a right grumpy ******* after a night on the peeve!😂

TorMTH
07-03-2018, 04:21 AM
Neil lennon and Gary Parker, Martin Boyle and Brandon barker, that's entertainment

Verse 2?

Craig Levein, Austin McPhee
Clogger Cochrane and Laffertee
That's pub team hoofball

Sent from my P12 using Tapatalk

08-03-2018, 06:44 PM
A great result and performance tomorrow, and we’ll be singing Kamberi Kamberi, Thats entertainment, and Mind the gap