PDA

View Full Version : Yams Yams v Killie

theonlywayisup
24-02-2018, 06:43 PM
How do you think it will go?

Killie are a very good team IMO. Am I correct in saying that only Aberdeen (twice) and Hibs (once) have beaten them since Clarke became manager, beating both Celtic and Rangers at home and drawing with both away.

Hertz are difficult team to play against. Anti-football and they do ground out results.

A Killie win on Tuesday will put them one point above the Hertz, with two games in hand.

What do you think the result will be?

danhibees1875
24-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Hopefully a draw, but I can see Killie sneaking it.

we are hibs
24-02-2018, 07:02 PM

Draw? Surely a killie win? Don't think killie will catch us and a killie win puts them above hearts (?). I'm also assuming we do the business on Wednesday night

Hermit Crab
24-02-2018, 07:03 PM
See what odds killy are and some money on them on Tuesday.

murray26
24-02-2018, 07:03 PM
If killie perform how they did today they will win comfortably

danhibees1875
24-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Draw? Surely a killie win? Don't think killie will catch us and a killie win puts them above hearts (?). I'm also assuming we do the business on Wednesday night

They win their games in hand and they are 6 behind us, and if they keep that anywhere near as good they'll not be far off us. I'd rather they only got 1 point on Tuesday.

Weststand
24-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Both got the cup at the weekend so be interesting to see their respective line ups. Actually think Killies squad is quite impressive and they may be able to make a few more decent changes than the yams. Not a game I'd like to bet on mind.

SirDavidsNapper
24-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Killie are better. Simple as that.

Hibeewilly
24-02-2018, 07:22 PM
If killie perform how they did today they will win comfortably
Killie had us under the cosh today apart from the first half hour but the pitch had an awful lot to do with it. Its a shocking surface and should be banned from the SPL. They will find it a lot tougher at Tynecastle on Tuesday and it wouldn't surprise me if Hearts win it

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-02-2018, 07:33 PM

Tie me kangaroo down sport, tie me kangaroo down!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-02-2018, 07:34 PM
No really, tie his kangaroo down.

Bostonhibby
24-02-2018, 07:41 PM
The yam will hack their way to a 1-0 win.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
24-02-2018, 07:45 PM
Levein shat it (par for the course for him) at Ibrox today. If he does the same and plays not to lose v Killie they'll get done.

As crap as it was the way we stopped playing today some credit has to go to Kilmarnock. They are a very decent team and Clarke has them playing good football. I fancy them to beat Hearts.

chrisski33
24-02-2018, 07:57 PM
Hope they hump hearts always want hearts beat!

Borderhibbie76
25-02-2018, 05:32 AM
Killie had us under the cosh today apart from the first half hour but the pitch had an awful lot to do with it. Its a shocking surface and should be banned from the SPL. They will find it a lot tougher at Tynecastle on Tuesday and it wouldn't surprise me if Hearts win itYeah i agree...Killie werent that great at ER before the winter break...yeah they got a draw but that was down to us not turning our domination into goals. Not so sure they will find it easy going on the tiny tattie field. A 1 1 or such like would be ideal for us

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
25-02-2018, 06:17 AM
If killie play like they did yesterday then they will hump the yams.

Scooter
25-02-2018, 06:18 AM
Depending on results they could be bottom 6 by close of play Wednesday

Hermit Crab
25-02-2018, 07:03 AM
Yams must only be a few bookings away from a suspension or two as well.

Bostonhibby
25-02-2018, 09:20 AM
Levein shat it (par for the course for him) at Ibrox today. If he does the same and plays not to lose v Killie they'll get done.

As crap as it was the way we stopped playing today some credit has to go to Kilmarnock. They are a very decent team and Clarke has them playing good football. I fancy them to beat Hearts.Joking aside, my gambling money will be on Killie. Some bookies tend to price the thieves as bigger favourites than they should be.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Steve20
25-02-2018, 09:32 AM
Killie weren’t as good as people make out. If it wasn’t for a cheat ref, they wouldn’t have got anything yesterday.

Overhyped team.

The_Horde
25-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Not as clear cut as some may think. Two hammer throwing teams might cancel each other out.

Phil MaGlass
25-02-2018, 09:41 AM
Not as clear cut as some may think. Two hammer throwing teams might cancel each other out.

Never saw many hammer throwers yesterday, saw us getting our ***** royally whipped though

Hibs1969
25-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Killie weren’t as good as people make out. If it wasn’t for a cheat ref, they wouldn’t have got anything yesterday.

Overhyped team.

Nope, they totally pummelled us in the second half and if Rocky hadn't been on top form we would have got a real doing. I agree the ref was poor, but they were well worth a point yesterday.

Bostonhibby
Never saw many hammer throwers yesterday, saw us getting our ***** royally whipped though

:agree: Killie played well, hard to tell how off the boil we were after we went in front by 2, and how much advantage Killie get from a farcical pitch. They undoubtedly got an advantage on the day from officials who made some unusual decisions against Hibs, again.

The_Horde

You kidding me? Foul after foul unpunished and the ball was in the air more than a Boeing 747. Pure falkirk ball but they did play some decent stuff off the scraps, but they certainly never played football from the back.

villahibs
25-02-2018, 10:12 AM
The penalty that shouldn't have been yesterday will even itself up on Tuesday with Hearts winning 1-0!

Kilmarnock over ran is in the second half, Hearts probably won't let them do that so much, purely down to their inability to play any other way rather than a tactical Levein master stroke...
They'll probably sneak it. They always seem to sneak games like this.

seanshow
25-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Stats Anorak on, In the league hertz last 5 homes W3D2L0, killie away W2D3L1.

The runes say a hard fought draw.....so ill go for an away win :)

Iggy Pope
25-02-2018, 05:54 PM

Royally whipped to a 2-2 draw? Slavering of Jim Jeffries proportion there.

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2018, 06:00 PM
Hearts dull but (yawn) organized and workmanlike. We sliced Killies rearguard open at will early on but failed to turn the screw as at 2-0 our midfield seemed to believe they could coast and avoid injury on that pitch. On a real surface we would have been comfortable winners. I could see Hearts do a 0-0 or 1-0 here but would fancy Killie to be 6th.

lapsedhibee
25-02-2018, 06:08 PM
Hearts dull but (yawn) organized and workmanlike. We sliced Killies rearguard open at will early on but failed to turn the screw as at 2-0 our midfield seemed to believe they could coast and avoid injury on that pitch. On a real surface we would have been comfortable winners. I could see Hearts do a 0-0 or 1-0 here but would fancy Killie to be 6th.

Fancy the Mothers for 6th, one place behind Killiemarnock.

iwasthere1972
25-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Killie Pies please. A right doing as well.

Hibeewilly
25-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Killie Pies please. A right doing as well.
Killie pies sold out right at the start of half time yesterday:grr: In saying that their scotch pies were only £1.50 and were better than ours

Keith_M
25-02-2018, 07:17 PM

A draw would suit me, followed by a Hibs win against Hamilton.

Killie only need to win one of their games in hand to overtake Hearts.

Billy Whizz
25-02-2018, 07:26 PM

They’ll go above Hearts if they beat them on Tuesday

Keith_M
25-02-2018, 07:31 PM
They’ll go above Hearts if they beat them on Tuesday

I know, but I don't want them winning too many games. Just in case they started challenging for 4th.

danhibees1875
25-02-2018, 07:40 PM
I know, but I don't want them winning too many games. Just in case they started challenging for 4th.

:agree:

You would assume they'll take at least the 2 points required to leapfrog Hearts from their 2 games in hand - that makes them the most likely candidate to take 4th from us. I don't want them to win - even against them.

greenlex
25-02-2018, 07:55 PM
If they challenge for 4th it will be because we haven’t won enough. I hope they win at The rust bowl.

Dashing Bob S
26-02-2018, 01:22 AM
Would rather have Hearts top six as it’s pretty much points in the bag, but would be better to starve them of funds denying them games against the bigger clubs. However I’m sure there would be a ‘cup tie’ atmosphere in some of their games against the comparable sides in the bottom six.

Hi Heid Yin
26-02-2018, 02:54 AM
Killie are definitely a better footballing team and offer more of a threat up front than The Jambos, but Levein is the Master of Bore-ball and Anti-Football and grinding out results.
Hearts have home advantage and a tiny excuse of a pitch too. So, I say a one goal win to our maroon chums.

SirDavidsNapper
26-02-2018, 05:13 AM
Hearts will probably suck the life out of Killie with their negative traditional Hearts style of anti football.

ajf
26-02-2018, 09:06 AM
Hearts to be in the bottom six and out the cup come Sunday night@gdown:@gdown:

MrSmith
26-02-2018, 01:16 PM
hoofball win for me! Sorry chaps but that lot can fall into manure and come out smelling of manure with rose petals attached!

givescotlandfreedom
26-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Both teams will score. Hopefully killie will nick it.

theonlywayisup
27-02-2018, 06:51 PM
C'mon Killie

Big_Franck
27-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Mon the killie! The beasts down to 6th tonight if they lose this.

H18 SFR
27-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Killie winning 1-0

erin go bragh
27-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Killie are more of a threat to us in 4th than that lot . But ,, cmon the Killie :)
We have enough about us to finnish at least 4th .

mutley
27-02-2018, 07:29 PM
1-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SouthMoroccoStu
27-02-2018, 07:29 PM
1-1 best result for us

MrSmith
27-02-2018, 08:24 PM
The jumbos will get a dodgy decision ...

HibbyAndy
27-02-2018, 08:40 PM
The jumbos will get a dodgy decision ...

How did you know ? :rolleyes:

Hearts in my whole life have been the luckiest barstewards in the world ! I honestly believe that ..Time and time and time again they get all the ****ing luck in the world going for them ! Luckily enough justice was done tonight , Spawny spawny ****s !!

MrSmith
27-02-2018, 08:43 PM
How did you know ? :rolleyes:

Hearts in my whole life have been the luckiest barstewards in the world ! I honestly believe that ..Time and time and time again they get all the ****ing luck in the world going for them ! Luckily enough justice was done tonight , Spawny spawny ****s !!

They just do! I don’t know how or why but they just do. Irritates me beyond reasonable levels.

RossScott1991
27-02-2018, 08:43 PM
The perfect result.

InchHibby
27-02-2018, 08:49 PM
They murdered Hertz in the second half and it was never a penalty in its life, absolute shocking decision.
Well done the goalie.

Thecat23
27-02-2018, 08:52 PM
They murdered Hertz in the second half and it was never a penalty in its life, absolute shocking decision.
Well done the goalie.

Looked a pen for me, he went down pretty easy though but he was bundled.

Hearts really are ***** though.

theonlywayisup
28-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Attendance 15,862

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43122596

Never!!!!

Hearts manager Craig Levein:*"I'm not happy with the point. I wouldn't have been happy with a point before the game and I'm not happy with it now.

"We started the game really poorly and we gave Kilmarnock a bit of hope. All credit to the players, they fought their way back into the match and I thought the second half was much better. To get a chance like that, a last-minute penalty, I felt the game was won.

"Our defence was not as solid as it has been; we got caught on the counter a few times.

"Tonight the overriding feeling is of disappointment that we didn't take three points when they looked like they were in the bank."

adhibs
28-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Attendance 15,862

Never!!!!

Hearts manager Craig Levein:*"I'm not happy with the point. I wouldn't have been happy with a point before the game and I'm not happy with it now.

"We started the game really poorly and we gave Kilmarnock a bit of hope. All credit to the players, they fought their way back into the match and I thought the second half was much better. To get a chance like that, a last-minute penalty, I felt the game was won.

"Our defence was not as solid as it has been; we got caught on the counter a few times.

"Tonight the overriding feeling is of disappointment that we didn't take three points when they looked like they were in the bank."

I watched the game, if that second half pleased levein, he has very low expectations. They had a ten minute spell where they looked good without creating much, killie then dominated and shouldve won it

Keith_M
28-02-2018, 07:17 PM

It's not often I get what I want, so that makes a pleasant change

:greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
28-02-2018, 07:30 PM
Looked a pen for me, he went down pretty easy though but he was bundled.

Hearts really are ***** though.

Have you seen this again today Cat? Nobody bundles him, in fact nobody even remotely touches him. It was a horrendous dive.

snooky
28-02-2018, 07:33 PM
I watched part of the game on ALBA last night. Dire stuff. Both teams looked as if they were scared to lose.
Killie's left winger Jones, who scored a cracking goal against us last week, had two or three similar opportunities last night and fluffed every one. Just our luck.

murray26
28-02-2018, 07:34 PM
It was a professional dive.. Lafferty puts his big lanky leg into the Kilmarnock players.. another poor decision benefiting them..

Keith_M
01-03-2018, 10:37 AM
Attendance 15,862

Never!!!!

Having seen photos from the game, I'd be surprised if the actual attendance was even half that.

Not surprising, in the circumstances, and anybody that actually went deserves praise for supporting their side in such dire weather, but it makes a farce of describing tickets sold as 'attendance'.

lapsedhibee
01-03-2018, 11:21 AM
Having seen photos from the game, I'd be surprised if the actual attendance was even half that.

Not surprising, in the circumstances, and anybody that actually went deserves praise for supporting their side in such dire weather, but it makes a farce of describing tickets sold as 'attendance'.

:agree: We should stop doing that, and especially if the reason we're doing it is just to keep up with the big team.

jgl07
01-03-2018, 11:55 AM
It was a professional dive.. Lafferty puts his big lanky leg into the Kilmarnock players.. another poor decision benefiting them..
Except that the decision did not benefit them!

Tee hee.