PDA

View Full Version : Clarke's post match comments

ekhibee
24-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Now I wasn't at the game, but Steve Clarke said several times during the interview that Kilmarnock dominated the whole game. In the first half we were 2-0 up and missed a couple of chances to put it to bed, it sounds like he's talking ***** but as I say, I wasn't actually at the game. Surprised me a bit, didn't think he was like that.

Beefster
24-02-2018, 04:24 PM
He’s mostly right. They pretty much controlled two thirds of the game.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 04:27 PM
From 30 mins they controlled the game.

Baldy Foghorn

Yip 25-30 minutes was fine, then over run....

Ozyhibby
I’d say first 30 mins we were better but after that they were better. Happy with the draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rattler

I’d agree with this. We were in control for the first 20-25 minutes, then stopped trying for some unknown reason.

Sir David Gray
24-02-2018, 04:28 PM
From about the 25-30th minute onwards, they were in complete control of almost every aspect of the game.

If I was him, I would have been annoyed at not winning as well.

Keith_M
24-02-2018, 04:34 PM
TBH, they deserved the three points.

As other have said, aside from the first 25-30 minutes, they were easily the better side. I was honestly surprised by how badly Hibs played, especially after last week's display.

SirDavidsNapper
24-02-2018, 04:36 PM
He's mostly right. We were lucky ti get the point in the end. Could be a huge point mind you.

K.Marx
24-02-2018, 04:37 PM
I was honestly surprised by how badly Hibs played, especially after last week's display.

It’s why we’ll likely finish 4th, still just lacking those consistently good performances week after week. That being said, a point at Killie isn’t a bad result given their form. They battered us second half.

greenlex
24-02-2018, 04:44 PM
Rocky .(officially) didn’t have a save to make first half. There’s obviously different kinds of domination. I’ll give him the second 45.

Crab apple
24-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Rocky .(officially) didn’t have a save to make first half. There’s obviously different kinds of domination. I’ll give him the second 45.

Most of the radio pundits saw it this way too and couldn't understand where Clarke was coming from in his assessment.

Vini1875
24-02-2018, 04:56 PM
There is having a lot of the ball and there is creating chances. They created a couple of chances in the first half none on target as I recall. We seemed to be playing a counter attacking game which allowed them a lot of the ball. Second half they created more. We were wasteful in possesion. I think the game could've gone either way and they got very lucky with the penalty, from getting it to netting the rebound.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2018, 04:56 PM

How many times have we complained that Hibs have dominated games without creating chances?

Having said that, they did hit the post from a deflected shot which was goal bound.

Carheenlea
24-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Michael Stewart probably summed it up best on radio after the game - Hibs dominated the first half and Kilmarnock dominated the second, but with Kilmarnock dominating the second half more than we dominated the first, so they slightly edged it but draw was right result.

A Hi-Bee
24-02-2018, 05:02 PM
There is having a lot of the ball and there is creating chances. They created a couple of chances in the first half none on target as I recall. We seemed to be playing a counter attacking game which allowed them a lot of the ball. Second half they created more. We were wasteful in possesion. I think the game could've gone either way and they got very lucky with the penalty, from getting it to netting the rebound.

The fat boydman interviewed right after the game said they dominated the game from the tenth min on, just seems to be a different take on things out that way, Hibs first half, Kilie much more dominant second half with great assistance from the ref and *****y pitch.

greenlex
24-02-2018, 05:24 PM
How many times have we complained that Hibs have dominated games without creating chances?

Having said that, they did hit the post from a deflected shot which was goal bound.
Not many. We usually create the chances but fail to score.

Hi Heid Yin
24-02-2018, 05:41 PM
Michael Stewart probably summed it up best on radio after the game - Hibs dominated the first half and Kilmarnock dominated the second, but with Kilmarnock dominating the second half more than we dominated the first, so they slightly edged it but draw was right result.

Spot on. Hibs had the lions share of the 1st half and Killie a lions share of the 2nd.
Hibs could have been 4 or 5 nil up before Killie came into the game. So, a draw is satisfying.

Hi Heid Yin
24-02-2018, 05:49 PM
Most of the radio pundits saw it this way too and couldn't understand where Clarke was coming from in his assessment.

The radio pundits were blown away by how much Hibs were dominating Killie and they were struggling to think of how Killie would get into the game.
These neutral punters tend to be more balanced in how they see a game. They are not as emotionally charged up/connected to either team. Some of the live match posts by one or two fellow Hibbies are completely O.T.T. and paint a picture of utter despair and doom and gloom. For all of Killies efforts, our boys stuck at it, defended superbly and walked away, heads held high with a well-deserved point to put 10 points between ourselves and The Jambos.

Waxy
24-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Killie were lucky they scored with an absolute cracking strike. They were huffing and puffing before it.They were clearly lifted by that but were still fortunate to get the penalty.

AZhibee
24-02-2018, 06:07 PM
From about the 25-30th minute onwards, they were in complete control of almost every aspect of the game.

If I was him, I would have been annoyed at not winning as well.

Indeed, once I heard Cliff Pike say the game stats at about the 80th minute I realized that a draw was a fortunate result. 1 point for Ofir.

AZhibee
24-02-2018, 06:08 PM
Killie were lucky they scored with an absolute cracking strike. They were huffing and puffing before it.They were clearly lifted by that but were still fortunate to get the penalty.

They could have had 5 without the penalty.

we are hibs
24-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Killie were more dominant in the second half than we were for the first half an hour. We looked good on the counter the first 30 whereas they were battering us at times second half

BS44
24-02-2018, 06:32 PM
TBH, they deserved the three points.

As other have said, aside from the first 25-30 minutes, they were easily the better side. I was honestly surprised by how badly Hibs played, especially after last week's display.

Hibs weren't that bad, Killie are clearly much more comfortable on the plastic pitch. Kamberi makes it 3 0 and it's game finished.

Killie play really nice football and deserved the draw

theonlywayisup
24-02-2018, 06:35 PM
I'm going to disagree with many on this post to say that the Killie team were the dominant team from not long after the 10th minute. Yes, we had the better chances to score up to the 30th minute, but from the 10th minute we started to have much less possession.

It was almost as if we said "we're two nil up, you now try and break us down and we'll try and hit you on the break".

I felt that we should have continued with our high intensity start and we could have had more goals.

In the end, we were lucky to get a point. Killie did really well to become the dominant team for most of the game, but we let them be that team.

Rocky
24-02-2018, 06:40 PM
I got home from my son's game about half an hour into game and put it on tv - I barely saw the ball in their half from then until half time. We were completely on the back foot in that period - moreso than in the second half I thought

SingaporeHibs
24-02-2018, 06:41 PM
I'm going to disagree with many on this post to say that the Killie team were the dominant team from not long after the 10th minute. Yes, we had the better chances to score up to the 30th minute, but from the 10th minute we started to have much less possession.

It was almost as if we said "we're two nil up, you now try and break us down and we'll try and hit you on the break".

I felt that we should have continued with our high intensity start and we could have had more goals.

In the end, we were lucky to get a point. Killie did really well to become the dominant team for most of the game, but we let them be that team.

Totally agree. We needed HT to regroup after 15 mins because we totally lost our way. It just never happened. We were lucky to hang on, Rocky made a couple of great saves. That aside I think that was the worst I have seen us play since Aberdeen away.

Velma Dinkley
24-02-2018, 06:42 PM
They could have had 5 without the penalty.

They would need to be good enough to score from five chances. They weren't so they couldn't have had five.

mim
24-02-2018, 06:50 PM

That saves ne a bit of typing. Totally agree with you. Some of our players thought the game was over after 10 minutes.

cmcd
24-02-2018, 07:00 PM
That saves ne a bit of typing. Totally agree with you. Some of our players thought the game was over after 10 minutes.

I agree with NL. The pitch is a big advantage to them

MGmick
24-02-2018, 10:15 PM

Totally agree. That's the game I saw.

Hi Heid Yin
24-02-2018, 10:34 PM
Steve Clark has gone down in my estimation after his post-match comments.
Not a shred of praise for a slick Hibs team that got off to a flyer and played their team off the park for most of the first half, and then defended resolutely in the 2nd half to deny his lot. A decent manager would have at least been magnanimous and said that a draw was a fair result. Killie could have easily been 4 down in the first 30 minutes.
His comments that Killie dominated the whole match were disrespectful and innacurate in the extreme.
No class Clark reminds me of a certain Mr Houston.

SeanWilson
24-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Now I wasn't at the game, but Steve Clarke said several times during the interview that Kilmarnock dominated the whole game. In the first half we were 2-0 up and missed a couple of chances to put it to bed, it sounds like he's talking ***** but as I say, I wasn't actually at the game. Surprised me a bit, didn't think he was like that.

Seriously? From where I was sat, we were struggling from about 25-30 mins in and never looked liked getting back in to it. I said somewhere else, we needed some sort of tactical change (way over my head) but somethinghad to give. Was very similar to us against sheep last week, we were bang on the money against them for the most part, today Killie got it right. A good point overall.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2018, 10:40 PM

I agree.

pacorosssco
24-02-2018, 10:47 PM
I agree with NL. The pitch is a big advantage to them

Yes but then surely a disadvantage when away equally? Rocky ssaved us a doing.

BS44
24-02-2018, 10:51 PM

Kamberi's miss saved them a doing

SRHibs
24-02-2018, 10:59 PM
Steve Clark has gone down in my estimation after his post-match comments. Not a shred of praise for a slick Hibs team that got off to a flyer, and played their team off the park for most of the first half, and then defended resolutely in the 2nd half to deny his lot. A decent manager would have at least been magnanimous and said that a draw was a fair result. Killie could have easily been 4 or 5 down in the first 30 minutes. His comments suggested that his team dominated the whole match and that hibs were gifted two easy scoring opportunities.

You have to be joking here. Lennon blamed the pitch and claimed it was responsible for their good form, then attacked (justifiably) the referee. Allow the man to have a little bias towards his club eh.

Hi Heid Yin
25-02-2018, 12:11 AM
You have to be joking here. Lennon blamed the pitch and claimed it was responsible for their good form, then attacked (justifiably) the referee. Allow the man to have a little bias towards his club eh.

Eh? My post referred to Steve Clark and his take on the game. A manager can be biased towards his team but still be magnanimous and credit the opposition. Steve Clark was not magnanimous, nor did he credit Hibs for taking his team apart in the first 30minutes - thus my post.

majorhibs
25-02-2018, 12:24 AM

You ever played football?

Babyshamble
25-02-2018, 12:28 AM
Now I wasn't at the game, but Steve Clarke said several times during the interview that Kilmarnock dominated the whole game. In the first half we were 2-0 up and missed a couple of chances to put it to bed, it sounds like he's talking ***** but as I say, I wasn't actually at the game. Surprised me a bit, didn't think he was like that.ridiculous when a manager sticks up for his team eh ?

ekhibee
25-02-2018, 12:57 AM
ridiculous when a manager sticks up for his team eh ?
It surprised me because after the last game against Killie at Easter Road he thought Hibs were well on top and that his team had got off lightly. Kilmarnock were clearly the better side in the 2nd half, nobody can debate that, but they certainly didn't dominate the 1st half. I can only go with the commentary that I was listening to, and the comments on here, as I said, I wasn't at the game.

Dashing Bob S
25-02-2018, 01:28 AM
Steve Clark has gone down in my estimation after his post-match comments. Not a shred of praise for a slick Hibs team that got off to a flyer, and played their team off the park for most of the first half, and then defended resolutely in the 2nd half to deny his lot. A decent manager would have at least been magnanimous and said that a draw was a fair result. Killie could have easily been 4 or 5 down in the first 30 minutes. His comments suggested that his team dominated the whole match and that hibs were gifted two easy scoring opportunities.

I disagree. I think Clarke was spot on. Comparing him to Houston is like comparing Bill Clinton (dodgy) to Donald Trump (off the scale ******** and headbanger).

That said I like ‘No Class Clarke’ as a nickname (probably due to its very unfairness) and I hope it sticks.

cad
25-02-2018, 04:15 AM
Way I saw it Hibs had 2 good chances to make it 3 before half time , then it goes into the was it wasnt scenario,was it a corner they scored their first then we had was it wasnt it a penalty and they kicked on for the rest of the 2nd half Rocky had some brilliant saves one a worldy class tip over the bar ,TBH I thought a draw was a fare enough result, they had us on the ropes a wee bit at the end but we hung on. If `s to easy a word to use in football but if we score number 3 the games over and Lennons not in the stand ,yeah it's a big if.

Dunbar Hibee
25-02-2018, 07:23 AM

Who actually gives a **** if another manager of an opposing team gives Hibs credit or not? We are there to win. Not to gain praise from Steve Clarke. I personally couldn't give 2 hoots what he, or any other manager has to say!

erin go bragh
25-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Yes it’s a funny old game . We’re winning 2-0 and unlucky not to increase our lead but credit to Killie on their second half performance,albeit helped by some dodgy referee decisions. Killie had won the last seven games on the bounce at home . Yes the pitch has been a big help to them in that run .
Now we focus on getting three points against Hamilton on Wed evening. Mon the cabbage.

SRHibs
25-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Eh? My post referred to Steve Clark and his take on the game. A manager can be biased towards his team but still be magnanimous and credit the opposition. Steve Clark was not magnanimous, nor did he credit Hibs for taking his team apart in the first 30minutes - thus my post.

My point is if Steve Clarke’s post-game interview lacks class then how would you describe Lennon’s?

weecounty hibby
25-02-2018, 08:45 AM
My point is if Steve Clarke’s post-game interview lacks class then how would you describe Lennon’s?

Telling the truth about decisions that ultimately cost Hibs the game. Poor decisions by the officials directly contributed to both Kilmarnock goals. Hibs weren't playing well second half but we may not have lost any goals but for poor or inept or cheating officials. Take your pick on what word you would use to describe them

SRHibs
25-02-2018, 08:48 AM
Telling the truth about decisions that ultimately cost Hibs the game. Poor decisions by the officials directly contributed to both Kilmarnock goals. Hibs weren't playing well second half but we may not have lost any goals but for poor or inept or cheating officials. Take your pick on what word you would use to describe them

The post I’m quoting was about Clarke not giving Hibs any credit and comparing him to Houston. However Lennon himself, quite the opposite of giving credit, attributed Killie’s run of form to their pitch. Just saying it’s unfair on Clarke, that’s all.

lucky
25-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Hibs played well for 20 minutes, Killie played well for 70 minutes, had more shots, corners and possession but the only stat that counts is goals.

southern hibby
25-02-2018, 09:10 AM
Totally agree. That's the game I saw.

I saw this too. Our midfield was overran time and time again. Tin hat firmly on here. I also so our manager do nothing to change our shape or personnel to combat this until it was too late.

Not saying changing anything would have had a different result but Kilmarnock had numerous chances 5-6 that Rocky saved to score on top of the two that they did and we did absolutely nothing tactically to change this.

Blame the pitch, blame the players blame the ref too, I give NL praise when the team does well and this game for me the tactical change in manpower or tactics was not there when needed.

GGTTH

mcfly
25-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Kamberi missed a great chance to make it 3-0.

No way they would have come back from that

basehibby
25-02-2018, 11:29 AM
First 15 minutes or so Hibs looked capable of scoring every time we broke forward - which was very often! At that stage Hibs were totally dominant and perhaps should have scored one or two more. So, even if for the large chunks of the game Killie went on to be totally dominant and thoroughly deserved to score their way back into the game, you've got to say that Clark's comments are factually incorrect. Killie categorically did NOT dominate the whole game and, considering what an utter shambles they were in the opening period, a draw was a fair enough result.

Lago
25-02-2018, 12:25 PM
I’d agree with this. We were in control for the first 20-25 minutes, then stopped trying for some unknown reason.
I would guess the hibs players started to pat themselves on the back for a job well done, need to be reminded its a 90 min game.