PDA

View Full Version : Never a penalty in a million years

SouthMoroccoStu
24-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Terrible decision

Ryan is turning his back and it hits the under side of his arm, well under shoulder height

No intention, not a clear goal saving block or no swipe action to make contact

Considering we didn’t get a penalty vs therangers at Easter Road pre Christmas when the defender dipped down to bat it away with his arm

Shocking inconsistency from our favourite morons at the sfa

Lennon was correct in his reaction

FinnMacCool
24-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Terrible decision

Ryan is turning his back and it hits the under side of his arm, well under shoulder height

Considering we didn’t get a penalty vs therangers at Easter Road pre Christmas when the defender dipped down to bat it away with his arm

Lennon was correct in his reactionClancy was itching to give decisions against us and not for the first time.

Daydreamer
24-02-2018, 02:08 PM
What bothers me more is how the F..k could Clancy and the linesman give a corner before the first when after watching the replays no one could tell if the ball was out and that clown Walkers comments nearly had me throwing some'n at the telly.

A Hi-Bee
24-02-2018, 02:23 PM
What bothers me more is how the F..k could Clancy and the linesman give a corner before the first when after watching the replays no one could tell if the ball was out and that clown Walkers comments nearly had me throwing some'n at the telly.

we really should not be surprised.

One Day Soon
24-02-2018, 02:28 PM

Goat ownership appears to bring psychic powers.

Newcastlehibby
24-02-2018, 02:32 PM
I like to think that I can remain objective where Hibs are concerned. Watched on Sky and saw the replay several times. Porteous was clearly turning away from the ball. Whilst there camn be no dispute that it hit his hand, he did not deliberately handle the ball. No penalty.

Oh and Walker is a complete idiot. He actually makes things up as he commentates.

ben johnson
24-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Terrible decision

As has been mentioned Clancy was also the ref for the stonewaller at ER.

hibby6270
24-02-2018, 02:37 PM
For the hand it hit, wasn’t a pen. Shot was off target. Porteous had his back to the ball. Didn’t “attempt” to play ball, it just hit his hand in the act of putting in the block - not deliberate. No pen.

Sky commentators later said “maybe Clancy saw it as hitting the hand above Porteous’ head”.:confused:
If that WAS the case, then Clancy needs an urgent trip to his employers sponsors - Specsavers.

Joe6-2
24-02-2018, 02:39 PM
As has been mentioned Clancy was also the ref for the stonewaller at ER.

Cheat?

Callum_62
24-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Andy Walker said it was a pen because his hands were high

Nothing said to correct it when replays shown

The only decision ive ever seen him disagree with was Bates non pen at ER - it was THAT blatent

SouthMoroccoStu
24-02-2018, 02:42 PM
For the hand it hit, wasn’t a pen. Shot was off target. Porteous had his back to the ball. Didn’t “attempt” to play ball, it just hit his hand in the act of putting in the block - not deliberate. No pen.

Sky commentators later said “maybe Clancy saw it as hitting the hand above Porteous’ head”.:confused:
If that WAS the case, then Clancy needs an urgent trip to his employers sponsors - Specsavers.

Andy Walker thought it was a penalty

Tells you all you need to know

Waxy
24-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Worst refereeing performance i’ve seen for a while.

vanNISHtelroy
24-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Wasn't sure if it was a penalty at the game (and not seen highlights) but think they need to go back to either handball/not handball rather than accidental etc

Refs do seem to be guessing more....like the penalty Dundee got against us at Rugby Park that he gave despite having the players body blocking the view and it hitting Dicker on his chest/shoulder

lucky
24-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Never a penalty. Clancy should be dropped down a league or two for his performance. Walker should just be dropped by sky permanently as he talks crap and clearly lacks any objectivity.

Borderhibbie76
24-02-2018, 03:06 PM
Never a penalty. Clancy should be dropped down a league or two for his performance. Walker should just be dropped by sky permanently as he talks crap and clearly lacks any objectivity.As well as the female presenter and I have to say Kris Commons too...both bloody brutal to watch and both tripping over their words left right and centre. I felt sorry for James McFadden seemed like the only one of the 3 who could speak English

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mikey09
24-02-2018, 03:07 PM
To be a penalty it must be deemed deliberate. This decision is quite incredible. Walker saying none of the Hibs players were arguing about it... Probably because they were in utter disbelief!! Outrageous decision from a totally incompetent official.

Boyle89
24-02-2018, 03:11 PM
That's twice Clancy has humped us. Complete joke of a ref who needs his baws booted by his superiors.
We were garbage for the second half but if he doesn't give that pen we might have won.

Sweet Left Peg
24-02-2018, 03:23 PM

I happened to be at the game in the Killie end. We were sat exactly in line with that incident and I can honestly say that there was no way in the world that either the linesman on the far side or the ref could have a clear view of the ball and whether it was over the line or not. Rocky's body, two posts and the net would have obscured the linesman's view. And the ref can't give it from his angle.

For what it's worth, I don't think the whole ball was over the line and my view was unobscured, straight down the line. It was a home town decision based on crowd and player reaction, not on facts.

Stevie Reid
24-02-2018, 03:32 PM
Shocking decision, and cost us the game. Yes Killie had much of the game after we went 2 up, but that is to be expected of an in form team, at home, with nothing to lose.

For all that they were very good at winning the ball back and had lots of territory, the game was always played in front of our back four - they weren't turned, Killie weren't cutting through us or getting in behind us. They hit the post with a deflected shot, and Boyd had a decent chance from a header.

Second half the pattern is the same, but they score a peach of a goal from outside the box - more pressure but we were dealing with it. Then the penalty is awarded - which was Rocky's first save to make.

Killie didn't half turn the screw at 2-2, and then Marciano made some superb saves. But the penalty decision is pivotal, no escaping that.

Sammy7nil
24-02-2018, 03:33 PM
For the record I don't think it was a pen.

However if we were playing at ER and an opponent blocked the ball like that the whole home support would be screaming pen, if it was not awarded many on here would be calling the ref a cheat.

hibbysam
24-02-2018, 03:40 PM
For the record I don't think it was a pen.

However if we were playing at ER and an opponent blocked the ball like that the whole home support would be screaming pen, if it was not awarded many on here would be calling the ref a cheat.

IF it hit the hand that was in the air I’d agree. It never though, it hit he arm that was tucked in to his body, where it should be.

SmashinGlass
24-02-2018, 04:31 PM
I happened to be at the game in the Killie end. We were sat exactly in line with that incident and I can honestly say that there was no way in the world that either the linesman on the far side or the ref could have a clear view of the ball and whether it was over the line or not. Rocky's body, two posts and the net would have obscured the linesman's view. And the ref can't give it from his angle.

For what it's worth, I don't think the whole ball was over the line and my view was unobscured, straight down the line. It was a home town decision based on crowd and player reaction, not on facts.

I was watching on sky. Clancy was about 8 yards away and didn’t give it. It was the lino. Absolute farcical decision and, for what it’s worth, even tv replays were inconclusive

Keith_M
24-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Wasn't sure if it was a penalty at the game (and not seen highlights) but think they need to go back to either handball/not handball rather than accidental etc

Refs do seem to be guessing more....like the penalty Dundee got against us at Rugby Park that he gave despite having the players body blocking the view and it hitting Dicker on his chest/shoulder

Yeah, it should be more clearcut, so no decision to make by the Ref as to whether or not he thinks it was intentional. They can't read people's minds.

As an aside, your team were very good for most of the game game and really deserved the three points. Hibs were awful for nearly an hour but that shouldn't take anything away from how well Killie played.

staunchhibby
24-02-2018, 04:33 PM
A pity some refs can not be done under the trades description act.Masquerading as competent officials

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2018, 04:45 PM
where on earth could porteous have possibly put his arm, he had it down by his side freakin ridiculous decision by the referee

sauzee6_2
24-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Never a penalty, however Porteous turned his back on the shot.

If he doesn’t turn his back on the shot his body is not in that position.

A Hi-Bee
24-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Never a penalty, however Porteous turned his back on the shot.

If he doesn’t turn his back on the shot his body is not in that position.

Thought he turned more sideways than turned his back, never a pen.

CorrieHibs
24-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Never a penalty. Clancy should be dropped down a league or two for his performance. Walker should just be dropped by sky permanently as he talks crap and clearly lacks any objectivity.

Walker was claiming our first goal was offside and had to watch it 3 or 4 times. Even though the ball came off 2 Killie players and Kamberi pounced.
He was desperate it call it a wrong decision.

As for Clancy; blantant cheating once again. Couldn't wait to point to the spot.

SingaporeHibs
24-02-2018, 06:53 PM
I don't think it was a penalty BUT for a player to turn his back on the ball coming at him is not on. The world may well have changed in the last 30 years but maybe the world is getting too soft. When I was playing U12s if any of us turned our backs to the ball our coach would go nuts. Push ups as a punishment. A professional should never turn his back to the ball coming at him. Take it square in the face, chest, whatever, just be in front of it. These guys are well paid pros, no excuse giving the ref a decision imo

Eyrie
24-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Walker is massively anti-Hibs. He was despondent when discussing our goals (trying to disallow the first) and delighted by theirs.

As regards the refereeing, I'd have claimed for that as a penalty if I was at the game but not watching on TV. Clancy clearly got it wrong as Porteous' arm was next to his body, unlike at Easter Road where the Sevco player actually reached out for the ball.

And on the subject of linesmen guessing, why do they guess in favour of the defence when Shaw puts the ball over the line and in favour of the attacker when Marciano stops the ball?

Hmmm, I sound like a Celtc supporter after typing that so I'm going to hold a bar of soap for the rest of the evening.

SideBurns
24-02-2018, 07:00 PM
Terrible decision

I disagree with your post only in terms of the length of time it is never a penalty. I'd say nearer 10 million years.

Clancy's face seconds after he gave it betrayed him. He's not a cheat, imo, but is a referee who gives decisions on impulse and then regrets them.

ozwoody
24-02-2018, 10:44 PM
A handball should not be awarded if a player is ruled to have handled the ball accidentally. This refers to a player either attempting to protect himself from injury, for example by placing the hands in front of the face and then being hit by the ball, or a player being hit on the arm by the ball without moving towards the ball and without being able to move out of the way. An example might be a snap shot hitting the arm of a defender at point-blank range. However, if a player’s arm is in an unnatural position, for example outstretched or above their head, then a foul should be awarded whether accidental or not.....FIFA definition of a not awardable penalty.
Ryans arm was by his side, not in an unnatural position, nor was he moving towards the ball and could not get out of the way.So going by the laws of the game, that should never have been awarded.

Tornadoes70
24-02-2018, 11:00 PM
Walker is massively anti-Hibs. He was despondent when discussing our goals (trying to disallow the first) and delighted by theirs.

As regards the refereeing, I'd have claimed for that as a penalty if I was at the game but not watching on TV. Clancy clearly got it wrong as Porteous' arm was next to his body, unlike at Easter Road where the Sevco player actually reached out for the ball.

And on the subject of linesmen guessing, why do they guess in favour of the defence when Shaw puts the ball over the line and in favour of the attacker when Marciano stops the ball?

Hmmm, I sound like a Celtc supporter after typing that so I'm going to hold a bar of soap for the rest of the evening.

Just call it as you see it and give your opinion in absence of wrongfully worrying about how your'e portrayed by some. If you're giving an honest opinion don't give a flying ruck if anyone might think you sound like a Sellick fan or a fan of any other club for that matter. The protected elite just love nothing more than their plans being dismissed as 'conspiracy theories'.

mon the cabbage!!!

Eyrie
24-02-2018, 11:08 PM
Just call it as you see it and give your opinion in absence of wrongfully worrying about how your'e portrayed by some. If you're giving an honest opinion don't give a flying ruck if anyone might think you sound like a Sellick fan or a fan of any other club for that matter. The protected elite just love nothing more than their plans being dismissed as 'conspiracy theories'.

mon the cabbage!!!

Cheers - it was intended as a dig at Celtc.

I've had almost fifty years of being a Hibs fan, so I'm not going to be affected by what anyone on the internet says about me :duck:

Tornadoes70
24-02-2018, 11:12 PM
Cheers - it was intended as a dig at Celtc.

I've had almost fifty years of being a Hibs fan, so I'm not going to be affected by what anyone on the internet says about me :duck:

:top marks

mon the cabbage!!!

stoneyburn hibs
24-02-2018, 11:16 PM
Ball to man, Clancy is an arshole.

weecounty hibby
25-02-2018, 08:23 AM
Some of the more tech savvy posters will no doubt be able to link clips of yesterday's decision and the rangers one at ER and the pose the question. "Which one did the same referee deem as intentional and award a penalty and which one did he ignore and give nothing?" Clancy is a ****ing cheat as well as a dreadful ref. A bad combination when put together

matty_f
25-02-2018, 09:09 AM
The frustrating thing for me is how the officials are prepared to guess about the ball crossing the line when it's against us but not when it's in our favour at Tiny.

The penalty was a shocker. It's just guesswork from Clancy again, imho. If he's seen that properly then there's no way he'd give the penalty. Or at least you'd think there's no way he'd give the penalty given that he saw the The Rangers handball against us and decided that wasn't a penalty.

Clancy is a horrendous referee, hee never looks confident in his decisions and seems to know he's made the wrong call but just goes with it anyway.

snooky
25-02-2018, 09:10 AM
Ball to man, Clancy is an arshole.

Not an asshole as it was job done. It keeps us off The Rangers tail.
There's no point in playing when the dice is loaded, IMO.

jax67
25-02-2018, 09:15 AM

The only way that corner could have been given,
would have been if the lino had X-ray vision.
Shocking amount of guesswork by Clancy and his cohorts.