PDA

View Full Version : McGeouch and McGinn

madhatter
24-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Possibly the worst performance by them. Barely able to pass, about 5 yards off their oppositions as well.

Have no idea why we started hoofing it in the 2nd half...

K.Marx
24-02-2018, 01:27 PM
Even at 2-0 up their touch was horrendous. I know the pitch plays a part but they were both awful today

Jim_in_Canada
24-02-2018, 01:28 PM
Even at 2-0 up their touch was horrendous. I know the pitch plays a part but they were both awful today

Boyle, too !

we are hibs
24-02-2018, 01:31 PM
Whole midfield 3 could be dropped on Wednesday and have no complaints. Bullied and outplayed in the middle. A reality check for a lot of them.

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2018, 01:31 PM
we had to start hoofing it, couldn't pass water and absolutely nothing sticking when a pass did find a player in the same team, scotlands best midfield didn't quite live up to that tag today

bingo70
24-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Absolutely dreadful today. I don’t think any of them felt comfortable on the pitch and the nervousness grew from there.

Still got a draw though so not the end of the world, move on now and hopefully they play with a point to prove on Wednesday.

B.H.F.C
24-02-2018, 01:48 PM
McGeough gave the ball away about 3 times in the first 10 minutes completely needlessly. And got worse.

McGinn was never in the game.

Dreadful.

Tony Bobulinski
24-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Difficult to watch. Have to wonder where their heads were today.

Nicho87
24-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Mulumbu was fantastic

bigwheel
24-02-2018, 02:25 PM
Mulumbu was fantastic

Was he? I thought he Huffed and puffed in first 45... got better as game went on..ended strongly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

johnbc70
24-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Best midfield in Scotland I thought... They had an off day today.

Captain Trips
24-02-2018, 02:32 PM
Bad mistakes at the back cost points I know he scored but that miss from Kamberi was very costly at 2-0. That should have been scored.

K.Marx
24-02-2018, 02:36 PM
Bad mistakes at the back cost points I know he scored but that miss from Kamberi was very costly at 2-0. That should have been scored.

If Kamberi scored every chance he gets then he wouldn’t be playing at hibs. He’s been superb since he’s come in.

Captain Trips
24-02-2018, 02:55 PM
If Kamberi scored every chance he gets then he wouldn’t be playing at hibs. He’s been superb since he’s come in.

I never said he should score every chance but misses cost points also not just keeper errors or defensive lapses.

bingo70
24-02-2018, 02:58 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-slaughters-amateur-kevin-12081307

Lennons comments on the pitch make interesting reading and may go some way to explaining the poor performance of our football players.

K.Marx
24-02-2018, 03:03 PM
I never said he should score every chance but misses cost points also not just keeper errors or defensive lapses.

He had 2 chances today and scored 1. What cost us points today was a non existent midfield

heretoday
24-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Best midfield in Scotland I thought... They had an off day today.

Don't believe the hype!

Captain Trips
24-02-2018, 03:07 PM
He had 2 chances today and scored 1. What cost us points today was a non existent midfield

No a bit of everything did.

heretoday
24-02-2018, 03:07 PM
If we find it hard to cope with the bounce on these types of pitches, can I suggest we practise a lot on them instead of moaning after the event? They're not going to go away.

LancsHibs
24-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Mulumbu was fantastic

Yes would have him & Jones in our team:agree:

Borderhibbie76
24-02-2018, 03:09 PM
McGeough gave the ball away about 3 times in the first 10 minutes completely needlessly. And got worse.

Dreadful.Sums it up for me...Dylan continued to give the ball away cheaply the following 80 mins and McGinn went into hiding

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

basehibby
24-02-2018, 03:14 PM
I thought credit to Killie who outworked us all over the pitch - never gave us the space to get into our usual passing game barring (thank f...) the first 10 minutes. This allied to their enterprise when in posession explains their excellent form of late.

Our side didn't perhaps play to their best but give credit to the other eleven men on the pitch for not letting them. A great point at the end which was as much as I was expecting from today tbh.

Phil MaGlass
24-02-2018, 03:16 PM
WhyTF is McGinn taking penalties, he´s ***** at it.

bingo70
24-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Don't believe the hype!

If we don’t have the best midfield in Scotland Celtic definitely do and Celtic got beat at Kille.

Footballers can’t play on that pitch. Killie have managed to find a way of playing on it but I assume they train on it as well so there’s no doubt they have a clear advantage.

hibbyfraelibby
24-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Why oh why to we allow John McGinn to take corners. Absolutely weakest part of his game.

The Modfather
24-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Hopefully the scouts were watching today, more chance of getting both to sign exstensions 😀

hhibs
24-02-2018, 03:40 PM

Corners you mean ?

danhibees1875
24-02-2018, 06:44 PM

The worst thing is moving from the penalty spot right into the corner with them - gives him no chance and just showing off. :rules:

IGRIGI
24-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Yes would have him & Jones in our team:agree:

Agree, those two ran the show.

theonlywayisup
24-02-2018, 06:49 PM

Did we have a penalty? Missed that one!

Pretty Boy
24-02-2018, 06:50 PM
I say it quite often and get shot down every time but.....

If we are keeping up the pretension that John McGinn is good enough to star in the EPL or the Champions League for Celtic then he needs to improve his consistency and level of performance considerably.

Weststand
24-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Whole team were honking today apart from Kamberi Imo and having witnessed it live and seen how bad it was I'm prepared to give the players the benefit of the doubt and say the pitch was to blame for today's effort.

Iggy Pope
24-02-2018, 07:34 PM
If we find it hard to cope with the bounce on these types of pitches, can I suggest we practise a lot on them instead of moaning after the event? They're not going to go away.

If a side promoted out of the National League in England to League 2 came with that surface they'd be swiftly demoted. That's a fact. Sutton United may even test this regulation soon.

Time these standard of pitches did indeed go away. Horrible. And it's not only about bounce. The ball doesn't even roll properly.
Looks like playing on a flat green bouncy castle to me.

hibbysam
24-02-2018, 07:38 PM
If a side promoted out of the National League in England to League 2 came with that surface they'd be swiftly demoted. That's a fact. Sutton United may even test this regulation soon.

Time these standard of pitches did indeed go away. Horrible. And it's not only about bounce. The ball doesn't even roll properly.
Looks like playing on a flat green bouncy castle to me.

I don’t overly mind them if they are wet, not soaking but a bit of rain helps. When they are dry and sticky like that today then they are a total nightmare.

Iggy Pope
24-02-2018, 07:42 PM
I don’t overly mind them if they are wet, not soaking but a bit of rain helps. When they are dry and sticky like that today then they are a total nightmare.

Neil Lennon on BBC today (maybe not word for word)...."I'm not surprised Steve and his team do so well on this pitch. They don't even water it".

It's ****ing awful.

horseflesh
24-02-2018, 07:45 PM

Sick of people saying this pish

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-02-2018, 07:48 PM

Dreadful.

Which is most unlike them... I think the pitch had an affect on that. Not an excuse, but possibly an explanation.

hibbysam
24-02-2018, 07:55 PM
Neil Lennon on BBC today (maybe not word for word)...."I'm not surprised Steve and his team do so well on this pitch. They don't even water it".

It's ****ing awful.

That much was clear, the ball spinning backwards, not rolling true, huge bounces. It’s also very dangerous for burns and things if not watered properly.

inglisavhibs
24-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Wouldn't be so sure. Killie are considering going back to grass. if all our football was played on these pitches i wouldn't attend. It's a different game and one I can't stand watching. In Jamie Vardy's book he sums it up quite well, how can you play football on a surface when you can't run full speed? Add to that the problem of turning quickly and the slow surface making it a bit of a farce. I understand the need for them at lower levels but not on the SPL.

DFG
24-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Possibly the worst performance by them. Barely able to pass, about 5 yards off their oppositions as well.

Have no idea why we started hoofing it in the 2nd half...

They probably had their worst game because they were constantly put under pressure by a good midfield. I was very impressed with Mulumbu and Jones. Killie were the hungrier if the 2 teams and were first to the majority of the second balls. Throw in the poor quality pitch and it’s not surprising there weren’t too many good performances.

Borderhibbie76
25-02-2018, 05:27 AM
Why oh why to we allow John McGinn to take corners. Absolutely weakest part of his game.Should not be anywhere near a set piece...ever

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
25-02-2018, 05:39 AM
CORNERS, FFS:greengrin

Ozyhibby
25-02-2018, 07:25 AM

Killie talking about going back to grass next season.
The pitch was dreadful today and Killie made it worse by not watering it. The ball was sticking all the time and players were losing their footing a lot. Killie players play on it every week so it a considerable advantage. Like playing the yams at Tynie, it’s difficult because their players are used to a 5 a side pitch. The game has to be played slightly differently.
A draw was a decent result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onion
25-02-2018, 07:38 AM

:agree: You cannot blame a striker for not winning a match when 2-0 up. Problem lies elsewhere.

eastcoasthibby
25-02-2018, 08:06 AM

They do and have cost us dear for a few years now, so far Kamberi's.conversion rate has been good ! Cummings , Stokes, Si Murray, in particular over the past year have been much worse !! But it is a key point that we.do need to be more clinical ...as well as at times switching off at the back ..then we will head up the league ...😁🍺

Nicho87
25-02-2018, 10:05 AM
The thing I like about kamberi and McLaren is that they stay close to each other and always in the box. Too often Murray and stokes would be miles apart and one would be left isolated. Much prefer the new system, granted Lennon should have changed it imo. Easy to say now. But 2-0 up we should have replace McLaren earlier for Bartley really and just gave Allan a free role. We got battered in midfield. It was wave after wave of attack at one point. Stevie Clarke has got them playing great stuff