PDA

View Full Version : Neil Lennon.

Pages : [1] 2 3

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 12:57 PM
His actions today could cost us dearly. He’ll face a huge ban given his previous history! What example does it set to the players.

SlickShoes
24-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Well it shouldn't have been a penalty so he was right to feel that way.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 01:02 PM

He’s the manager doesn’t matter if it was or wasn’t you can’t act like that.

Joe6-2

Agree, he’s only human

pacoluna
Pathetic post,you pounced on Lennon almost if you were wanting it to happen.

ArmadaleHibs
I agree but my god it is crazy how bad some if not ALL referees are at the moment. This clown today again makes it hard to not get frustrated. Neil wears his heart on his sleeve. Silly, yes, but I get it

Dashing Bob S
I like a bit of passion in a Hibs boss.

hibee
I don’t blame him, he was right, the referee should be the one facing a huge ban.

I’ve never understood why the fourth official can report a manager for shouting and get him sent off.

Callum_62
24-02-2018, 01:03 PM
He showed more passion in 10 secs than players showed 2 nd half

Hes right too - 1st came from an an absolute guess that ball was out- seen thro the post and marcianos body

The 2nd the ball was blasted towards the corner flag hit player stomach height. Absolute bull****

Think i seen him mouth “joke” at the ref - hes spot on at they decisions

Where was the guess at tynecastle in our favour or the bates juggling act?

Its surely no surprise to anyone what team will benefit from hibs dropping points

Lets see if celtic get any dodges or Sunday

Or anything at Ibrox....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
24-02-2018, 01:05 PM
It’ll show the players he’s got their backs when needed, that’s no bad thing.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 01:06 PM
It’ll show the players he’s got their backs when needed, that’s no bad thing.

That’s the problem he’s not now though as he’ll be banned. It’ll cost us big time! Massive blow if we lose him from the dugout for a run of games.

Elephant Stone
24-02-2018, 01:10 PM
Dominique Malonga cares more about the Rangers than I do about Neil Lennon's temper

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 01:11 PM
The ref is pish, you’ve completely missed my point that as a manager he has to keep the head for the sake of the team. What “pish” have I spouted by stating he now faces a long ban? Is it ok becaause he shouted at the ref and showed passion??

He should know better because he’ll be a huge loss from the dugout.

Joe6-2
24-02-2018, 01:26 PM
That was some look Petrie gave him!

lord bunberry
24-02-2018, 01:27 PM
I’m glad he did what he did. That ref had a shocker. The ball wasn’t over the line for the corner, and it wasn’t a penalty. Lennon isn’t at fault for today’s result.

Thecat23

Was laughing away watching that. If looks could kill!!

I'm Spartacus
We all like passion BUT the Manager should always set the standard for behaviour. Aggression like that from your figurehead, no matter the circumstances, isn’t acceptable.

His behaviour was an complete embarrassment. He always talks about his Mental Health issues too, he needs to curb his aggression first.

He’ll be given a lengthy ban and it hurts us at a crucial time of the season.

guthrie01
24-02-2018, 01:28 PM
The ref is pish, you’ve completely missed my point that as a manager he has to keep the head for the sake of the team. What “pish” have I spouted by stating he now faces a long ban? Is it ok becaause he shouted at the ref and showed passion??

He should know better because he’ll be a huge loss from the dugout.

Agreed, there is showing passion and then there is screaming right into a refs face which will get him into serious bother.

I can understand if this was Lennon's first incident but it's becoming a common problem which can affect our results without him in the dugout.

The_Exile

Epic daggers from Rod :greengrin

norhfc
Disappointed in Lennon today, just when the team needed leadership he was up in the stand.
The players need to have a look at themselves too, Rocky got us a point today, our motm.

The Modfather
24-02-2018, 01:29 PM
No matter how poor the ref was there’s no excusing Lennons reaction. It’s one thing to get sent to the stand, but his reaction in the referees face was a disgrace. He’s been great for us, but in this instance he’s let himself and us down.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 01:29 PM
We all like passion BUT the Manager should always set the standard for behaviour. Aggression like that from your figurehead, no matter the circumstances, isn’t acceptable.

His behaviour was an complete embarrassment. He always talks about his Mental Health issues too, he needs to curb his aggression first.

Finally someone who sees it as it is. My post isn’t a dig at the manager it’s about setting examples more so after the Stokes crap. He’s a brilliant manager and we will suffer without him being in the dugout.

SirDavidsNapper
24-02-2018, 01:30 PM
He'll get a better view from the stand anyway 😉 for what its worth id rather he showed his frustration at incompetence rather than accepting it. Like a previous poster said it shows he has the players backs.

KWJ
24-02-2018, 01:31 PM
He was over the top and I'd imagine he'll apologise.

Aggrieved as he was.

we are hibs
24-02-2018, 01:32 PM
He's a complete man child at times. About time he grew up as acting like a Fanny on the touchline benefits absolutely no on at hibs.

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2018, 01:33 PM
The players will love it, no question about that.

Doubt he’ll face any kind of ban at all.

Stevie Reid
24-02-2018, 01:33 PM
Was an awful decision, can understand his frustration. Love his passion for Hibs.

Callum_62
24-02-2018, 01:34 PM
He reacted after being sent off...never said a word before it that camera showed

So why was he sent off?

That pen decision is an absolute joke btw

pacoluna
24-02-2018, 01:36 PM

Don't know what relevance his "mental health issues" has to do with this. He was angry (rightly so) and got sent off, he isn't the first and won't be the last.

Hibbyradge
24-02-2018, 01:36 PM
What example does this outburst set to other posters?

:faf:

Ray_
24-02-2018, 01:37 PM
He'll get a better view from the stand anyway 😉 for what its worth id rather he showed his frustration at incompetence rather than accepting it. Like a previous poster said it shows he has the players backs.

Very true, won't even need to get a phone installed in the stand like Ned had to!

Thecat23
You need sent to the stand. :whistle:

I’m here already 😁

Hibbyradge
The players will love it, no question about that.

Doubt he’ll face any kind of ban at all.

He'll get 10 weeks, imo.

CropleyWasGod

He really doesn't. Others do, though. :cb

pacoluna
He reacted after being sent off...never said a word before it that camera showed

So why was he sent off?

He clapped His hand and said well ****ing done in a sarcastic tone. Crime of the century according to some.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 01:38 PM
What example does this outburst set to other posters?

Very true, I’ll take it back. Although I’m not in charge of the posters on Hibs.net 😉

The Modfather
24-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Would folk be as understanding and enjoy the passion shown if Porteous, for example, had reacted the same way in the referees face when the penalty was given against him and got himself a second yellow card?

Callum_62
24-02-2018, 01:39 PM
He clapped His hand and said well ****ing done in a sarcastic tone. Crime of the century according to some.

That was after the ref sent him off

What did he do before that

Hibbyradge
24-02-2018, 01:40 PM

He was in the referee's face, aggressive and swearing.

I admire your loyalty, but he shouldn't behave like that.

we are hibs
24-02-2018, 01:40 PM
Would folk be as understanding and enjoy the passion shown if Porteous, for example, had reacted the same way in the referees face when the penalty was given against him and got himself a second yellow card?

Exactly. He's the manager of the team. He shouldn't be behaving like that.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 01:41 PM

You aren’t grasping this. Watch it again, he gets in the refs face, swears at him, continues to swear at him, sarcastically claps in his face. You do know that will contribute to a huge ban? That’s not us saying crime of the century it’s the laws of the game.

I’d be raging as well, but as the manager you just can’t do that.

I take back my comment btw calling you an idiot, no need for that so I apologise.

guthrie01
24-02-2018, 01:41 PM
https://twitter.com/talkingbaws/status/967406022259339264

The incident for those who haven't seen it

Borderhibbie76
24-02-2018, 01:45 PM
That’s the problem he’s not now though as he’ll be banned. It’ll cost us big time! Massive blow if we lose him from the dugout for a run of games.I don't think so TC to be fair we have an able assistant - it was never a penalty having seen the replay so he shouldn't have reacted the way he did but totally understandable imo

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2018, 01:45 PM
Just gave his after match thoughts. Agree with every word he said.

A living legend :thumbsup:

Benny Brazil
24-02-2018, 01:46 PM
He shows the passion you want from any connected to our club - I'll not be criticising him for that - was never a penalty and he was right to show his anger in my opinion

pacoluna

"Why what did I do?" "Your a ****ing joke" in the referees face.😱😱😱😱

Thecat23
I don't think so TC to be fair we have an able assistant - it was never a penalty having seen the replay so he shouldn't have reacted the way he did but totally understandable imo

Never underestimate what having a manager like Lennon in the dugout has on players mate. Parker I agree is a great number 2. But no you can’t act like he did no matter how bad the ref is.

California-Hibs
24-02-2018, 01:48 PM

Missed about 24 ‘F*** You’ before that clip. For what it’s worth I have no issues with a Hibs manager showing some passion. It was never a penalty. I don’t think it’s nearly as big a deal as some are making out that he’ll be in the stands. With the communication these days and the advantage of the better view to see the game, coupled with Parker being down there anyway. I certainly won’t be losing any sleep over it. Not nearly as big a deal as people are saying. If anything it’ll galvanize the players seeing how much he has their backs.

Borderhibbie76
Never underestimate what having a manager like Lennon in the dugout has on players mate. Parker I agree is a great number 2. But no you can’t act like he did no matter how bad the ref is.I disagree that ref has cost us points over the course of this season...no wonder he's angry

Captain Trips
The whole incident need not of occurred if Efe hadn't gave away very cheap ball.

FinnMacCool
He shows the passion you want from any connected to our club - I'll not be criticising him for that - was never a penalty and he was right to show his anger in my opinionTotally agree. Not heard is after match thoughts but I'll bet he hasn't missed anybody and called it like it was.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 01:51 PM
I disagree that ref has cost us points over the course of this season...no wonder he's angry

The standard of refs is brutal it really is. I also agree they have cost us points this season. But today let’s not make any excuses here. Hibs were battered and I mean battered. A draw was the very least Killie deserved. Players had a mare today they cost us the points.

Benny Brazil
24-02-2018, 01:53 PM
The standard of refs is brutal it really is. I also agree they have cost us points this season. But today let’s not make any excuses here. Hibs were battered and I mean battered. A draw was the very least Killie deserved. Players had a mare today they cost us the points.

Which makes Lennons reaction more understandable as we didn't need the ref helping them out even more

ArmadaleHibs
24-02-2018, 01:54 PM
This is not the first time this clown of a referee has upset Neil with his pathetic decisions and calamitous refereeing. It was only a matter of time before he lost it with him. Unprofessional, yes of course but sometimes the moment takes you

hibbyfraelibby
Just listened to the Gaffer's post match interview on Sportsound and he did not miss Clancy. In fact he gave him both barrels and more bringing up his previous performances this season. Aimed a cracker at SFA too "referees should be sent to stand too".

5 match bans worth but reckon he's said enough to have Clancy off the A list for the nect few weeks.

Pretty Boy
Whether it was a penalty or not is irrelevant. Of course there's a natural reaction but you just can't go getting in referees faces and screaming at them. He'll get the book thrown at him which is no good for him or us. Daft behaviour and his emotive post match interview hasn't helped matters.

hibbysam
24-02-2018, 01:55 PM

If they don’t stick the ball in the net then they wouldn’t deserve anything. Giving a corner and a non existent penalty certainly helps their cause.

inglisavhibs
His actions today could cost us dearly. He’ll face a huge ban given his previous history! What example does it set to the players.
Depends on whether you think having the manager on the touchline helps or hinders any team. Given that there is permanent contact between the bench and a manager in the stand i would suggest it makes no difference to a team's performance. We all know Lennon has anger issues but that goes with the excellent manager that he has become with Hibs. On a dreadful astro pitch the result was very good even though we were under heavy pressure in the 2nd half, and having seen Celtic barely have an effort on goal recently at rugby park we should be happy with our overall performance.

Borderhibbie76
The standard of refs is brutal it really is. I also agree they have cost us points this season. But today let’s not make any excuses here. Hibs were battered and I mean battered. A draw was the very least Killie deserved. Players had a mare today they cost us the points.Agreed...the much heralded trio on midfield were anonymous...possibly both McGinn and Dylan worst games in a hibs jersey. Efe was again at his bombscare best and Boyle also had a shocker. Thankfully Rocky dug us out A hole...what a save that was in the 2nd half...unbelievable

Dinkydoo
That’s the problem he’s not now though as he’ll be banned. It’ll cost us big time! Massive blow if we lose him from the dugout for a run of games.Banned for the outburst after being sent to the stand? Because that's what happened.

I've watched it again and it's not as bad as it first looked on sky in real time.

Was his initial 'word with the linesman' caught on camera? I can't find it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
24-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Whether it was a penalty or not is irrelevant. Of course there's a natural reaction but you just can't go getting in referees faces and screaming at them. He'll get the book thrown at him which is no good for him or us. Daft behaviour.

Lennon was already ordered to the stand before he got in Clancy's face. No-one knows why he was sent off but it certainly wasn't for what went on between him and serial cheat Clancy.

One Day Soon
24-02-2018, 01:56 PM
"Why what did I do?" "Your a ****ing joke" in the referees face.😱😱😱😱

Well done Neil, about time we had a manager that gives it tight to joke refereeing.

I suspect that Neil is only too well aware of which referees have agendas and this one has now revealed his hand very clearly in two of our games this season. Not with minor decisions either but with game changing ones.

Not only do I think he was right to give it him tight, I think he should also make a point of singling this guy out for criticism in post match comment. It is the only way we have any chance of him being sufficiently in the spotlight in future games that he thinks twice about throwing decisions to the opposition. Other managers routinely play the referees this way and if others are doing it so should we.

Whether that referee is just crap or something far more sinister where we are concerned it needs to be highlighted.

BTW, why was the referee over at our technical area in the first place?

Pedantic_Hibee
24-02-2018, 01:57 PM
I love Neil Lennon and I love the fact Neil Lennon loves Hibs and the players that play for Hibs.

Embarrassed? Not me. And neither should he be.

About f******g time we had a manager who fiercely defends our club and everything it stands for.

WhileTheChief..
Every week we have threads on here complaining about the ref yet never a peep from the club.

If it takes Lennon calling them out like he did today to get folk to take a look at things then it’s well worth it.

Make no mistake, this will be a huge talking point now and every ref from now on at our games will be under the spotlight.

Yet another sign of us toughening up as a club and that we are to be taken seriously. Brilliant.

Borderhibbie76
Whether it was a penalty or not is irrelevant. Of course there's a natural reaction but you just can't go getting in referees faces and screaming at them. He'll get the book thrown at him which is no good for him or us. Daft behaviour and his emotive post match interview hasn't helped matters.But he only did that because he was sent to the stand...he's already been sent off when this happened hence his reaction

Pretty Boy
24-02-2018, 01:58 PM
Lennon was already ordered to the stand before he got in Clancy's face. No-one knows why he was sent off but it certainly wasn't for what went on between him and serial cheat Clancy.

I've no idea what he said to get sent to the stand. The entire incident will be in the refs report though and the afters and the interview won't make good reading.

Stevie Reid
24-02-2018, 01:59 PM
I love Neil Lennon and I love the fact Neil Lennon loves Hibs and the players that play for Hibs.

About f******g time we had a manager who fiercely defends our club and everything it stands for.

Well said.

LithgaeHibby
24-02-2018, 01:59 PM
What bothers me is that Lennon seems to be aiming all his rage at the referee when most of it should be reserved for his players after that performance. Agreed, both Killie goals were from dubious decisions but they could easily have scored any number of their other chances. For that we've got Marciano to thank. I like the passion Neil Lennon shows but it will affect us if he spends an extended period sitting in the stand.

ArmadaleHibs
24-02-2018, 02:00 PM
No one ever highlights the piss poor weekly performances from Scottish refs in EVERY game. They answer to no one. They are literally untouchable behind closed doors. The frustration from managers at times is understandable. There’s no pressure on fans as we love our teams and say what we want and get away with it. Managers on the other hand have mountains of pressure and mistakes constantly from inadequate refs are going to get to you. He was sent to the stand for swearing at the fourth official. The managers are always swearing. Not really a crime. Sent to the stand for showing passion. The ref came over not to talk to him but to send him to the stand. No need really. Then obviously the reaction is where the issue is. I’d rather see that reaction tbh. I’d have probably done the same

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 02:01 PM
What bothers me is that Lennon seems to be aiming all his rage at the referee when most of it should be reserved for his players after that performance. Agreed, both Killie goals were from dubious decisions but they could easily have scored any number of their other chances. For that we've got Marciano to thank. I like the passion Neil Lennon shows but it will affect us if he spends an extended period sitting in the stand.

Well said 👍🏼

JJP
I for one am backing the manager. He was right to be furious.

FinnMacCool
Well done Neil, about time we had a manager that gives it tight to joke refereeing.

I suspect that Neil is only too well aware of which referees have agendas and this one has now revealed his hand very clearly in two of our games this season. Not with minor decisions either but with game changing ones.

Not only do I think he was right to give it him tight, I think he should also make a point of singling this guy out for criticism in post match comment. It is the only way we have any chance of him being sufficiently in the spotlight in future games that he thinks twice about throwing decisions to the opposition. Other managers routinely play the referees this way and if others are doing it so should we.

Whether that referee is just crap or something far more sinister where we are concerned it needs to be highlighted.

BTW, why was the referee over at our technical area in the first place?Totally agree with this, not the 1st incident with that ref and Hibs. I haven't heard Lennon's post match interview, hopefully someone will put up a link.

Dinkydoo
What bothers me is that Lennon seems to be aiming all his rage at the referee when most of it should be reserved for his players after that performance. Agreed, both Killie goals were from dubious decisions but they could easily have scored any number of their other chances. For that we've got Marciano to thank. I like the passion Neil Lennon shows but it will affect us if he spends an extended period sitting in the stand.He screamed "****ing cut it out Efe" in the first half, which I had a wee laugh about

ChicoM1875
24-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Was never a penalty - id also be going ape ****

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 02:02 PM
I for one am backing the manager. He was right to be furious.

I think we all agree with the manager, it’s his actions that I don’t agree with! He’s the manager, because he’s got previous he may now face a long ban which could then have an effect on the rest of our season.

I’m sure we all felt pissed off, but you simply can’t scream in the refs face. They seem to hate us as it is I think the refs report won’t be great reading to be honest.

bigwheel
24-02-2018, 02:03 PM
There’s a few sensitive souls on here today - Lennon
Overreacted after being sent off, but he was right to stand up for us and react to
An appalling decision - frankly no one on here knows when tee he should have been sent off or not. I thought his interview was good - he will get fined and likely banned but that shouldn’t make a big impact on us ...good to see him standing up for him and his team

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 02:03 PM
He screamed "****ing cut it out Efe" in the first half, which I had a wee laugh about

😂 You usually hear that every week at ER. Also makes me chuckle.

Lago
24-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Finally someone who sees it as it is. My post isn’t a dig at the manager it’s about setting examples more so after the Stokes crap. He’s a brilliant manager and we will suffer without him being in the dugout.
TC your correct in that he should show more decorum in the face of provocation. Saying that I really some times feel the Officials can't wait to pounce on the slightest hint of decent.

18Craig75
24-02-2018, 02:04 PM

You sound glad. First opportunity to slag Lennon since the derby.

What was he sent off for?

One Day Soon
24-02-2018, 02:06 PM

Sorry but that's bollocks. I'm pretty confident he's capable of hammering the referee as he did AND the players in the dressing room afterward.

They COULD have scored any number of other goals but they didn't - they needed the referee's very obvious help to score the two that they got. No wonder Neil that joke of a ref have it. And twats like him get paid for that kind of dubious performance. No wonder people think referees are bent.

shetlandhibee
24-02-2018, 02:07 PM
:top marks
Overreacted after being sent off, but he was right to stand up for us and react to
An appalling decision - frankly no one on here knows when tee he should have been sent off or not. I thought his interview was good - he will get fined and likely banned but that shouldn’t make a big impact on us ...good to see him standing up for him and his team
:top marks

Stevie Reid
24-02-2018, 02:07 PM

All of those chances come after 2-2 though. For all Killie's pressure, they scored a great goal from outside the box and that was it. The penalty save was literally Ricky's first one. Weather that storm and who knows what happens?

At 2-0 and nothing to lose, Killie were always going to have pressure. Yes we dropped off in terms of midfield and attack, but the penalty has cost us the win.

EVENTUALLY
24-02-2018, 02:08 PM
Agreed...the much heralded trio on midfield were anonymous...possibly both McGinn and Dylan worst games in a hibs jersey. Efe was again at his bombscare best and Boyle also had a shocker. Thankfully Rocky dug us out A hole...what a save that was in the 2nd half...unbelievable

Spot on. Been reading their own press.

Should have been out of sight if Kamberi and McLaren had finished better at 0:2. I did think the pitch was a big factor which the Killie players are well used to, the ball runs so slow on it and it creates increased backwards and side spin which you don't get on grass. Thought Porteous, McGregor and Kamberi did well and Rocky saved well for the point and he didn't deserve to lose the game. Should have won though and Lennon made great points on his BBC radio interview.

Thecat23

I don’t think some are understanding this. Not a dig at you btw, but read the posts again. Myself and couple others saying he can’t act the way he did that’s a fact. I don’t make the rules but Lennon broke them the way he acted. I love a manager who sticks up for the team it’s refreshing but do it in a way that won’t harm us or find himself with a ban.

It’s fine saying “he’s only sticking up for us” but he bigger picture is he’ll be missed in the dugout which is the last thing we need.

As for refs we say it every week, something must be done as they seem to be getting worse and it’s not just our games either it’s games all over Scotland it’s beyond bad.

JimboHibs

That don't make sense ? So Steve Clarke must be raging at his players as they never scored from all their numerous chances out with the two dubious goals they scored (your words)

Mikey09
24-02-2018, 02:09 PM

Are you for real? What's his mental health got to do with a heat of the moment outburst?! I actually give up.

Thecat23
All of those chances come after 2-2 though. For all Killie's pressure, they scored a great goal from outside the box and that was it. The penalty save was literally Ricky's first one. Weather that storm and who knows what happens?

At 2-0 and nothing to lose, Killie were always going to have pressure. Yes we dropped off in terms of midfield and attack, but the penalty has cost us the win.

Rocky saved us today, that was the difference from 1 point and 0 points.

FinnMacCool
Sorry but that's bollocks. I'm pretty confident he's capable of hammering the referee as he did AND the players in the dressing room afterward.

They COULD have scored any number of other goals but they didn't - they needed the referee's very obvious help to score the two that they got. No wonder Neil that joke of a ref have it. And twats like him get paid for that kind of dubious performance. No wonder people think referees are bent.Spot on, could have, should have, would have gets you nothing. What they did get came with the help of a referee who not for the 1st time has cost us points. Little wonder Lennon was angry and I fully back him.

bigwheel
24-02-2018, 02:12 PM
I don’t think some are understanding this. Not a dig at you btw, but read the posts again. Myself and couple others saying he can’t act the way he did that’s a fact. I don’t make the rules but Lennon broke them the way he acted. I love a manager who sticks up for the team it’s refreshing but do it in a way that won’t harm us or find himself with a ban.

It’s fine saying “he’s only sticking up for us” but he bigger picture is he’ll be missed in the dugout which is the last thing we need.

As for refs we say it every week, something must be done as they seem to be getting worse and it’s not just our games either it’s games all over Scotland it’s beyond bad.

TC. He overreacted after being sent off - that’s him as a man - passionate , emotional

But no ones knows whether he should be sent off....as we don’t know what happened

the ref has given a pen wrongly, his second big call against us this season. I don’t mind Lennon getting angry about it

He will take his deserved Punishment , yet the ref gets away with big errors each week

A Hi-Bee
24-02-2018, 02:12 PM

BTW, why was the referee over at our technical area in the first place?

Cause he is yet another cheating hun ****, we still allow to dictate our games.

A Hi-Bee
24-02-2018, 02:14 PM
TC. He overreacted after being sent off - that’s him as a man - passionate , emotional

But no ones knows whether he should be sent off....as we don’t know what happened

the ref has given a pen wrongly, his second big call against us this season. I don’t mind Lennon getting angry about it

He will take his deserved Punishment , yet the ref gets away with big errors each week

All them so called errors mount up and cost us point and lost revenue far to much to just be down to poor ref's?

Stevie Reid
Rocky saved us today, that was the difference from 1 point and 0 points.

No, incorrect penalty denies us a win. Rocky doing what he's paid to (very well). Referee the opposite.

poolman

I'll tell you what example it sets to the players

HE CARES

And I'm sure that runs of on the players

danderchook
Basically Lennons asking how Glancy doesn’t give us a blatant pen v The Rangers yet gives that one today and we get a perfectly good goal ruled out at Tynecastle but the linesman guesses that the ball is out for a corner today , unless he can see through Rocky of course !!!

One Day Soon

I'm sorry but I really don't think this is the bigger picture.

Firstly he can manage perfectly well from the stand - some other managers have actually done that by choice.

Secondly the bigger picture is refereeing that is either incompetent or corrupt and the only way to really make an issue of that kind of thing is by doing exactly what Neil did. Comments afterwards in the interview or whatever are what every manager does - that's routine and makes no difference whatsoever. By making a very big deal of this in the way that he has he's made it far more visible, put the referee in question under the spotlight and made clear that whatever else happens he and Hibs are not going to meekly be the whipping boys of joke referees and their sanctioned, routine exercising of wee-man syndrome on the pitch. That's if it is wee-man syndrome rather than something far worse...

Beefster
It must be exhausting constantly flip-flopping between one extreme and the other.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 02:16 PM

That’s the thing, he will be punished and I’m gutted because we are stronger with him in our dugout. Wish he kept his head and spoke to the ref in his office after the game.

bigwheel
24-02-2018, 02:16 PM
That’s the thing, he will be punished and I’m gutted because we are stronger with him in our dugout. Wish he kept his head and spoke to the ref in his office after the game.

Think we are lucky he didn’t hook him ! [emoji2]

One Day Soon
24-02-2018, 02:17 PM
It must be exhausting constantly flip-flopping between one extreme and the other.

I'm a fan Beefster but that's too gnomic even for me. Give us a clue here...

staunchhibby
24-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Does any body feed back on a referees performance.Bring back the Maltese and show our incompetent so called refs how it should be done.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 02:19 PM
Think we are lucky he didn’t hook him ! [emoji2]

I actually thought it was coming, was thinking please don’t smash him!

The sad thing about it all is nothing will be done to the ref, we can moan all we won’t but for some reason they just get away with murder.

Beefster
24-02-2018, 02:19 PM
I'm a fan Beefster but that's too gnomic even for me. Give us a clue here...

A few weeks back, he was useless. Then we won and he was the messiah. We’ve now drawn so time to start putting the boot in again.

Ps I’m a secret fan of yours too. Mrs Beefster isn’t keen on the bedroom poster though.

One Day Soon
24-02-2018, 02:22 PM
A few weeks back, he was useless. Then we won and he was the messiah. We’ve drawn so time to start putting the boot in again.

Ah, got it!

Not for me, he's been great for us from day one. One possible down side, I feel one or two referees genuinely do have Neil Lennon issues. **** them.

That's awkward, just don't let her know about your subscription to ODS Monthly magazine.

KWJ
24-02-2018, 02:25 PM
He was over the top and I'd imagine he'll apologise.

Aggrieved as he was.

I was wrong 😂

emerald green
24-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Neil Lennon, being the type of person he is, I'm not in the slightest bit surprised he got in Clancy's face and told him straight. Most Hibs managers in the past would have just rolled over and accepted anything these clowns did.

I'm sick and tired of certain referees f***ing Hibs over. When does so-called "incompetence" spill over into something else?

Swedish hibee
24-02-2018, 02:28 PM

Ranting & Raving against officials and being an aggressive manager doesn't mean you love a club more. I don't get all the macho nonsense being posted on here. He'll have to accept the punishment- I'm more concerned with our second half performance.

lord bunberry
24-02-2018, 02:29 PM
I wish he had smacked the referee in the face.

chrisski33
24-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Whilst he should be setting an example im not sure him not being in the dugout will be as bad as its being made out. So if he gets a ban and we lose it will be lennons fault for not being in the dugout? Dont think so.

chrisski33
24-02-2018, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry but I really don't think this is the bigger picture.

Firstly he can manage perfectly well from the stand - some other managers have actually done that by choice.

Secondly the bigger picture is refereeing that is either incompetent or corrupt and the only way to really make an issue of that kind of thing is by doing exactly what Neil did. Comments afterwards in the interview or whatever are what every manager does - that's routine and makes no difference whatsoever. By making a very big deal of this in the way that he has he's made it far more visible, put the referee in question under the spotlight and made clear that whatever else happens he and Hibs are not going to meekly be the whipping boys of joke referees and their sanctioned, routine exercising of wee-man syndrome on the pitch. That's if it is wee-man syndrome rather than something far worse...
Hear hear

One Day Soon
24-02-2018, 02:35 PM
Ranting & Raving against officials and being an aggressive manager doesn't mean you love a club more. I don't get all the macho nonsense being posted on here. He'll have to accept the punishment- I'm more concerned with our second half performance.

Try harder then.

It's not about macho nonsense, it's about the only point of intervention at which any manager can hope to have an impact on either the standard of refereeing or the dubiety of the referee's intentions full stop. If it isn't confronted at that precise point it is never confronted at all. That's not Neil Lennon's fault, it's how the SFA and the referees force it to be because they allow for zero accountability, zero transparency and zero questioning of referees in any other context. They have literally brought it upon themselves.

You realise it is possible to be concerned with both team performance and dodgy refereeing?

A Hi-Bee
24-02-2018, 02:37 PM
Try harder then.

It's not about macho nonsense, it's about the only point of intervention at which any manager can hope to have an impact on either the standard of refereeing or the dubiety of the referee's intentions full stop. If it isn't confronted at that precise point it is never confronted at all. That's not Neil Lennon's fault, it's how the SFA and the referees force it to be because they allow for zero accountability, zero transparency and zero questioning of referees in any other context. They have literally brought it upon themselves.

You realise it is possible to be concerned with both team performance and dodgy refereeing?

Hear,hear, have to agree, been going on as long as I can remember watching Hibs over 50 cheating years it just dont change.

Bostonhibby
24-02-2018, 02:40 PM
I’m glad he did what he did. That ref had a shocker. The ball wasn’t over the line for the corner, and it wasn’t a penalty. Lennon isn’t at fault for today’s result.This is what I think too. If we just lie down and say nothing it'll get worse.

It's a thin line but sometimes you've got to cross it when the refs this bad/biased for whatever reason.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Johnny Clash
24-02-2018, 02:43 PM
Lennon’s probably correctly complained to the4tj official about a howling penalty decision and that’s been reported to the referee. The red then overreacts and sends him to the stand - so no wonder Lenny went radge.

The biggest disappointment for me was the lack of reaction from our players to that rotten decision. Great to see Lenny has passion for our club

Joe6-2
24-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Hear,hear, have to agree, been going on as long as I can remember watching Hibs over 50 cheating years it just dont change.

I was shot down in flames on here a while back for saying referees are cheats as opposed to incompetent.
Just don’t see it any other way, and it’s an absolute disgrace they are untouchable!

Swedish hibee
24-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Try harder then.

We shall have to disagree. He's fighting a loosing battle- refs are protected and that will never change. Not in any of the biggest leagues in the world, and certainly not in Scotland.
I'm not saying he should say nothing- far from it. But aggression gets you nowhere and his behaviour got him sent to the stands. That ref will still be on a pitch next week, where as Lennon won't.

emerald green
24-02-2018, 02:48 PM
That ref will still be on a pitch next week, where as Lennon won't.

Why should Neil Lennon be held accountable for his actions, but referees aren't?

Joe6-2
24-02-2018, 02:49 PM
Why should Neil Lennon be held accountable for his actions, but referees aren't?

This

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 02:53 PM

That sadly is the biggest problem. No matter what refs get it way to easy and the fact they never get punished makes them worse as they know nothing happens to them.

lucky
24-02-2018, 02:53 PM
Lenny’s behaviour will highlight how incompetent Clancy was. I like his passion even if he gets a touch line ban. I’d rather have him going mental than a clown like Calderwood who couldn’t be arsed to even stand up. It’s about time Hibs stood up to officialdom as we always seem to be on the wrong end of decisions.

hibby6270
24-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Yes - he maybe shouldn’t have done what he did - BUT - I can fully understand his frustration at what happened.

Was it a corner? Probably not - BUT - we still had the chance to defend it. We didn’t and allowed the laddie Jones to get in a position to unleash a wonder strike. A wonder strike that Ricky almost got a hand to. Jeez he got a hand to 3 or 4 certain goals for Killie. So not pointing blame at him. Defence had 2 arttempts to tackle Jones before he got his shot away.

As for the pen, never a pen. Ball blasted straight at Porteous. Wasn’t on target. Hit his hand against his chest on the way past him. How can that be ‘deliberate’?

Today’s decisions against us, coupled with other dubious ones that have gone against us this season, are the reason NL ‘exploded’ today. I feel for him. He shows passion and regrettably has taken it too far today. Given the choice though, I’d happily back him to do the same again in the same circumstances - even if he shouldn’t.:rolleyes:

H18S NX
24-02-2018, 02:54 PM
We shall have to disagree. He's fighting a loosing battle- refs are protected and that will never change. Not in any of the biggest leagues in the world, and certainly not in Scotland.
I'm not saying he should say nothing- far from it. But aggression gets you nowhere and his behaviour got him sent to the stands.That ref wil l still be on a pitch next week, where as Lennon won't....Therein lies the problem m8

The Modfather
24-02-2018, 02:56 PM
I asked earlier, would folk be as understanding and enjoy the passion shown if Porteous, for example, had reacted the same way in the referees face when the penalty was given against him and got himself a second yellow card?

Lago
24-02-2018, 02:57 PM
I wish he had smacked the referee in the face.
Now your just being silly.

givescotlandfreedom
24-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Lennon has watched that same ref probably cost us a point at ER for his refusal to give a penalty at ER then probably cost us two for a nonsense decision today, who can blame him for being raging?

hibbysam
24-02-2018, 03:03 PM
I asked earlier, would folk be as understanding and enjoy the passion shown if Porteous, for example, had reacted the same way in the referees face when the penalty was given against him and got himself a second yellow card?

Missing a coach who can still make decisions or playing with a disadvantage of a man down? Crazy statement.

One Day Soon
24-02-2018, 03:08 PM

Manager to stand or team down to 10 men are entirely different consequences and not really comparable.

Phil MaGlass
24-02-2018, 03:12 PM
WELL DONE LENNON

The cans been well and truly opened now, mair scrutiny for refs widnae go amiss

TRC
24-02-2018, 03:12 PM

Well if it was a pen (deliberate hand ball) that means it is a second yellow, ryan should have been off
So Clancy has thought it wasn't a yellow but a pen just that is inconsistent. The standard of refing in this country is abysmal(or cheating) has been for along time. The fact of the matter is we have been done by refing again people say this should even out over a season, I can't remember the last time we got away with a dodgy call in a match??

Heisenberg
24-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Do Scottish refs get any sort of demotion/punishment for poor performances?

WoreTheGreen
24-02-2018, 03:20 PM
Yes promotion to grandmaster

The Modfather
24-02-2018, 03:20 PM
Manager to stand or team down to 10 men are entirely different consequences and not really comparable.

I’m not comparing a manger sent to the stands versus a player sent off and how those would impact the result.

I was merely asking, as a lot of posters have said they understood Lennons reaction and were pleased that it showed passion. Would there be the same undestanding and praise for the passion shown if a player had reacted in the same manner? I just wonder if there are different standards for a player to adhere to than a manager.

IGRIGI
24-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Referees hardly ever have to answer for bad performances, well done Lennon for getting him telt.

eastcoasthibby
24-02-2018, 03:29 PM
Double whammy from today Referee got a bonus made fe££ing awful decision with the penalty cost us the 3 points and gets that reaction from NL, gave him opportunity to put the boot in further send him off and will get him a touchline ban ..he will be the main man with his fellow twisted /corrupt/inept colleagues and the followers of his teams of.preference, not too mention his bosses at SFA ...and the collection of woeful, wrong, corrupt decisions will continue again from wednesday onwards ...can anyone make a video of all the nonsense decisions made this season so far for SFA first and if no joy with them, fire it onto you tube !!😁 emarrass the refs and SFA

Kato
24-02-2018, 03:33 PM
I was shot down in flames on here a while back for saying referees are cheats as opposed to incompetent.
Just don’t see it any other way, and it’s an absolute disgrace they are untouchable!
Cheats bud, apart from anything else look at Dylan's booking. Debatable whether it was even a foul.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 03:37 PM
Cheats bud, apart from anything else look at Dylan's booking. Debatable whether it was even a foul.

I was also shot down for saying refs cheat. I’m convinced they have cheated Hibs on many occasions this season. Most are bad some are cheats it’s easy to see.

24-02-2018, 03:37 PM

Jesus Christ. Your hibs info can be quite good but you conflate it with this type of unhinged drivel.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Jesus Christ. Your hibs info can be quite good but you conflate it with this type of unhinged drivel.

Unhinged drivel? Because I think we could suffer with him getting a ban?

ekhibee
24-02-2018, 03:56 PM
You aren’t grasping this. Watch it again, he gets in the refs face, swears at him, continues to swear at him, sarcastically claps in his face. You do know that will contribute to a huge ban? That’s not us saying crime of the century it’s the laws of the game.

I’d be raging as well, but as the manager you just can’t do that.

I take back my comment btw calling you an idiot, no need for that so I apologise.
You keep on going on about that but that was after he had been sent off, do you know what he was actually sent off for?

Joe Baker2
24-02-2018, 03:59 PM
is this a wind up?

Joe Baker2
24-02-2018, 04:01 PM
Well done Neil Lennon. At least there's someone on here standing up for the club.

keep the faith
24-02-2018, 04:02 PM

That's harsh mate. The cat makes a reasonable point. Lennon has on the whole been fantastic for us but if that was another clubs manager behaving like that we would think he had lost the plot and be slating him. It does make it difficult for the manager to ask for discipline from the team when acting like that on the touchline.
I really like Lennon's passion, but think the reaction on this thread to TC pointing out that it's not brilliant for a manager to act like that is a bit extreme and unfair.

SeanWilson
24-02-2018, 04:02 PM

Pffft. Get a grip.

Joe Baker2
24-02-2018, 04:04 PM
I'll tell you what example it sets to the players

HE CARES

And I'm sure that runs of on the players

:thumbsup:

Baldy Foghorn
24-02-2018, 04:05 PM

Cheap shot, but he doesn't always talk about issues. Poor post

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 04:06 PM
is this a wind up?

No why?

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 04:08 PM
You keep on going on about that but that was after he had been sent off, do you know what he was actually sent off for?

That’s what I’m talking about, he’s already sent to the stand and then completely loses it. That’s why I said he’ll face a long ban. He’s been going on about how he wants his players to behave on and off the pitch he also has to keep the cool.

Kato
24-02-2018, 04:08 PM
I was also shot down for saying refs cheat. I’m convinced they have cheated Hibs on many occasions this season. Most are bad some are cheats it’s easy to see.

This year is my 50th watching Hibs, enough time to make up my own mind. Some refs are fair, some incompetent, some inconsistent and some cheat. If people want to argue against that, fair enough but it'll take a lot to convince me the latter doesn't happen.

Oranje39
24-02-2018, 04:09 PM
He acted terribly and he should be embarrassed. He should apologize to the fans, players and the official. I think it was a penalty, even it shouldn't have been, he shouldn't have reacted in that way.

Pretty Boy
24-02-2018, 04:09 PM
Do people really believe Lennons rant will make any difference? He sparked a full blown strike whilst at Celtic, has the standard of refereeing improved since?

There will be a few comments in the paper, Lennon will be the bad guy and we'll carry on as usual. He'd have been better served getting on with it even if that would have earned him less plaudita from the 'showing his passion' brigade.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 04:14 PM
Do people really believe Lennons rant will make any difference? He sparked a full blown strike whilst at Celtic, has the standard of refereeing improved since?

There will be a few comments in the paper, Lennon will be the bad guy and we'll carry on as usual. He'd have been better served getting on with it even if that would have earned him less plaudita from the 'showing his passion' brigade.

I think having him in the dugout is a huge influence on the players yes. Will it cost us, well that remains to be seen but Lennon isn’t a sit in the stand kind of manager and having him there can be the difference for me.

I may be wrong and we could win all the games he gets banned for. Just how I see it!

FinnMacCool
24-02-2018, 04:14 PM
His behaviour was an complete embarrassment. Didn't embarrass me, I thought he was perfectly right to have a go at that ref, not the first time his 'bad decisions' have cost us

He always talks about his Mental Health issues too, he needs to curb his aggression firstCheap shot

He’ll be given a lengthy ban and it hurts us at a crucial time of the season.Nonsense IMO, he'll do the work needing done on the training pitch and manage from the stand, other managers choose do it.

Pretty Boy
24-02-2018, 04:18 PM
I think having him in the dugout is a huge influence on the players yes. Will it cost us, well that remains to be seen but Lennon isn’t a sit in the stand kind of manager and having him there can be the difference for me.

I may be wrong and we could win all the games he gets banned for. Just how I see it!

I meant do they think it will make any difference to the standard of refereeing? There's seems a suggestion it will spark some soul searching debate within the Scottish game. I have to say as a long time supporter of Scottish football that I'm sceptical.

Oranje39
24-02-2018, 04:21 PM
Didn't embarrass me, I thought he was perfectly right to have a go at that ref, not the first time his 'bad decisions' have cost us

No, he embarrassed himself.

It's one thing to disappointed with a decision but to be up in the officials face like that is unacceptable.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 04:21 PM
I meant do they think it will make any difference to the standard of refereeing? There's seems a suggestion it will spark some soul searching debate within the Scottish game. I have to say as a long time supporter of Scottish football that I'm sceptical.

Ah right, sadly nothing anyone does or say will change it I don’t think.

CathroMustStay
24-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Lennon was absolutely spot on.

Ignore the sweetie wives.

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2018, 04:28 PM

It's one thing to disappointed with a decision but to be up in the officials face like that is unacceptable.

He didn’t sound embarrassed at all when interviewed. More like you’re embarrassed by him today no?

sahpaton
24-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Huge fan of Lennon but found his actions a bit embarrassing today. Just back now and seen the TV replays, just don't see the point in it. Sarcastically clapping the referee is always stupid in my eyes, but what bugs me most is seeing players/managers go irate like that about a decision that can't be reversed. We'd just been pegged back to 2-2, clapping in Clancy's face was never going to make him blow the whistle and say "Sorry my bad, it's 2-1 again." All for a bit of passion on the touchlines but Lennon showed a complete lack of composure and it resonated in his team's performance. At 2-2 we needed to calm the F*** down and get control of the ball then force our way back into the game, but you can't expect the players to show such composure when their manager is stupidly getting himself sent to the stands, again.

Will keep supporting Lenny of course, man has done wonders for our club. Maybe a good thing he will be able to avoid Levein's nonsense on the touchline in a few weeks.

Oranje39
24-02-2018, 04:33 PM
He didn’t sound embarrassed at all when interviewed. More like you’re embarrassed by him today no?

I'm suggesting he should be embarrassed. I never saw the interview after. I was hoping he would have apologized then, I take it he didn't?

I'm not embarrassed at all, I didn't do anything wrong.

A Hi-Bee
24-02-2018, 04:34 PM
In his after match comments could not agree more with the manager, as he said we should be able to send referees off, clancy is a hun and by definition a cheat. Along with his take on the micky mouse playing surface.

Just Jimmy
24-02-2018, 04:36 PM
it's them against us

I'm glad Lennon is in our corner cos he won't back down to anyone

**** them

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 04:37 PM
Huge fan of Lennon but found his actions a bit embarrassing today. Just back now and seen the TV replays, just don't see the point in it. Sarcastically clapping the referee is always stupid in my eyes, but what bugs me most is seeing players/managers go irate like that about a decision that can't be reversed. We'd just been pegged back to 2-2, clapping in Clancy's face was never going to make him blow the whistle and say "Sorry my bad, it's 2-1 again." All for a bit of passion on the touchlines but Lennon showed a complete lack of composure and it resonated in his team's performance. At 2-2 we needed to calm the F*** down and get control of the ball then force our way back into the game, but you can't expect the players to show such composure when their manager is stupidly getting himself sent to the stands, again.

Will keep supporting Lenny of course, man has done wonders for our club. Maybe a good thing he will be able to avoid Levein's nonsense on the touchline in a few weeks.

Great post, what we needed was someone to calm the game down and get on the ball. We were all over the place and the manager losing it just makes it worse.

But like you, I’m fully behind him he’s a great manager and we wouldn’t be where we are without him. Just wish he’d kept the head today!

One Day Soon
24-02-2018, 04:37 PM

No. He took the only meaningful opportunity he has to stand up and and make an issue of referee incompetence/questionable motive. I think Clancy has a Neil Lennon 'issue'.

gazzag70
24-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Whilst the result of Neil Lennons actions won’t be great,give me a manager with his passion and will to win over a Colin Calderwood any day of the week. The man is a winner!!!!!!

Last Minute
24-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Neil was spot on, this ref is a joke and cost us and the club as a whole. I love Lennon’s passion and if I was a player I would that is the manager I would want to work with. The guy is showing the players he is a winner and is speaking up for us fans. These ref’s are a joke and get away with murder every week and get paid for it and answer to no one. We are so lucky to have a manager in Lennon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oranje39
24-02-2018, 04:42 PM
No. He took the only meaningful opportunity he has to stand up and and make an issue of referee incompetence/questionable motive. I think Clancy has a Neil Lennon 'issue'.

Getting up into the referees face and getting sent to the stands?

I'm struggling to see how that is meaningful.

Crab apple
24-02-2018, 04:45 PM

Maybe Lennon feels calling Clancy out for his poor decision making in two big games for us this season will at least make him think again next time he handles our game.

Kato
24-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Getting up into the referees face and getting sent to the stands?

I'm struggling to see how that is meaningful.

More meaningful than standing back and saying nowt, which we've done for decades and which has never worked.

FinnMacCool
24-02-2018, 04:53 PM

it's them against us

I'm glad Lennon is in our corner cos he won't back down to anyone

**** them

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

More meaningful than standing back and saying nowt, which we've done for decades and which has never worked.well said folks, agree with all of this

Oranje39
24-02-2018, 04:54 PM
More meaningful than standing back and saying nowt, which we've done for decades and which has never worked.

I disagree, he could have complained after the game.

For what it's worth, I think it was a penalty. If it was for us, I think everyone would be looking at it differently.

Carheenlea
24-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Loved his interview after the game on radio - I haven't seen the penalty again since the game but suspect I'll be raging too when I see TV pictures. The fact it was the 4th official who's effectively got him sent off you have to ask what purpose they serve? Strutting about like school masters ordering managers about and getting to hold up a board occasionally. That roaster probably just fancied getting a bit of attention himself, but unfortunately at our expense.
Neil Lennon will have to face the consequences whatever they me be, but I'm behind him 100% and so should our board of directors.

FinnMacCool
24-02-2018, 04:55 PM

For what it's worth, I think it was a penalty. If it was for us, I think everyone would be looking at it differently.Then you're wrong

Albanian Hibs
24-02-2018, 04:56 PM
I love Neil Lennon.

Crab apple
24-02-2018, 04:57 PM

Absolutely. Lennon was also correct to highlight the unfairness of the post split fixtures should the big huns get more home games. Give them something to think about and we won’t just take things lying down like we’ve sometimes done in the past.

Albanian Hibs
24-02-2018, 04:57 PM

For what it's worth, I think it was a penalty. If it was for us, I think everyone would be looking at it differently.

No it wasnt

Speedway
24-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Lennon was spot on today. Not enough violence in today’s game.

I wouldn’t be averse to him smashing Cochrane’s face into a wall at ER next time the yams come calling. You know, teach him some manners.

Whae’s In cherge here?

Proper fitba.

Football is 50% psychology, 50% ability and 10% luck anyway.

Lennon’s Just winning the mind games battle, more power to him.

Oranje39
24-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Then you're wrong

I'm not actually, penalty was given. Porteous wasn't that close to the kicker of the ball. If you take the green specs off you can see why the penalty was given.

Stantons Angel
24-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Loved his interview after the game on radio - I haven't seen the penalty again since the game but suspect I'll be raging too when I see TV pictures. The fact it was the 4th official who's effectively got him sent off you have to ask what purpose they serve? Strutting about like school masters ordering managers about and getting to hold up a board occasionally. That roaster probably just fancied getting a bit of attention himself, but unfortunately at our expense.
Neil Lennon will have to face the consequences whatever they me be, but I'm behind him 100% and so should our board of directors.

ive watched the replay several times and in my opinion it was NOT an "intentional hand ball" that a penalty is usually given for. It was NOT a hand ball either it hit his elbow!

Dont forget that it was this ref who didnt give a penalty against Rangers earlier in the season too. So its little wonder Lennon seen red!

but with the forthcoming games before the split Lennon might have shot himself in the foot. He is correct though in saying these incompetent referees are costing us points to get into Europe and subsequently costing the club money if not qualifying.

The beaks will make an example of him thats a cert and he might lose his seat in the dugout for an important end to the season.

No matter what happens we will all have to get behind the team and make sure they dont falter

Borderhibbie76
24-02-2018, 05:09 PM
He acted terribly and he should be embarrassed. He should apologize to the fans, players and the official. I think it was a penalty, even it shouldn't have been, he shouldn't have reacted in that way.You think that was a pen?? Ru serious??

Kato
24-02-2018, 05:13 PM

If Porteous deliberately handled that he has better reactions than anyone else on planet.

Oranje39
24-02-2018, 05:13 PM
You think that was a pen?? Ru serious??

Yeah, I think it was a penalty.

As I have said, if it was for us, we'd be looking for the penalty.

Borderhibbie76
24-02-2018, 05:14 PM

As I have said, if it was for us, we'd be looking for the penalty.Never should have been a pen...it hits his elbow which is in a natural position by his side...was a shocker of a decision

Kato
24-02-2018, 05:16 PM

I think in situations like this it's better if you speak for yourself.

Hi Heid Yin
24-02-2018, 05:17 PM

And Hibs battered Killie in the first half. A draw is the very least that Hibs deserved too.
A cracking game for the neutrals.

Oranje39
24-02-2018, 05:19 PM
I think in situations like this it's better if you speak for yourself.

Us (Hibs)

Are you suggesting if it was for us, you wouldn't be looking for a penalty?

brianmc
24-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Surely the highlight of the whole incident was when Lenny took his seat in the stand?
Right next to Rod Petrie 🤣
You could tell by the amused look on Petrie's face he was dying to say something to Lennon - but (wisely!) decided against it 👍

Hi Heid Yin
24-02-2018, 05:24 PM
I’m not comparing a manger sent to the stands versus a player sent off and how those would impact the result.

I was merely asking, as a lot of posters have said they understood Lennons reaction and were pleased that it showed passion. Would there be the same undestanding and praise for the passion shown if a player had reacted in the same manner? I just wonder if there are different standards for a player to adhere to than a manager.

A player getting sent off will impact a game far, far more than a manager getting sent to the stands.
So, a player must be that bit more disciplined than the manager. If this equates to a "different standard" then so be it.
I don't think for a second that Lennon's outburst will serve to make any of our players complacent and/or wreckless or more inclined to rage at a ref.

Kato
24-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Us (Hibs)

Are you suggesting if it was for us, you wouldn't be looking for a penalty?

Yup, at the game I'd shout for it. But I would totally understand if it wasn't given and, post-game, I wouldn't be claiming what was a basic ball to hand should have been given.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 05:26 PM
And Hibs battered Killie in the first half. A draw is the very least that Hibs deserved too.

For 25/30 defo. Last 15 of the first half Killie dominated then the whole second half. Personally thought we got very lucky with a point and Rocky saved us today.

Oranje39
24-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Yup, at the game I'd shout for it. But I would totally understand if it wasn't given and, post-game, I wouldn't be claiming what was a basic ball to hand should have been given.

And if it was given? Would you be saying it shouldn't be penalty?

Kato
24-02-2018, 05:32 PM
And if it was given? Would you be saying it shouldn't be penalty?

Do you understand the psyche of football fans?

I'd be delighted to have been given a penalty that should never have been given and would say so. Hibs get very few breaks from refs as evidenced by the stick on pen Clancy denied us at ER v's the stickys, so I'll take anything going.

gazzag70
24-02-2018, 05:34 PM
For too long this club has been a soft touch and I mean way too long. I love the fact we now have a manager that will get in peoples faces when injustices have been made. Viva Neil Lennon, our club has needed someone like you for decades. Lennon is the man to take us to the next level. I absolutely love the job he is doing!! It is onwards and upwards with him at the helm.GGTTH!!!

FinnMacCool
24-02-2018, 05:37 PM

As I have said, if it was for us, we'd be looking for the penalty.Perhaps you should join Clancy in learning the rules then because he's either incompetent and doesn't know them or maybe he does and it's not incompetence. Can you explain why you think it was a penalty, what did you see that nobody else did (or that Clancy made up), when the rules are

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement
• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement
• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement”

Football’s rules don’t consider the contact of the ball with a player’s arm or hand as illegal, the keyword here is deliberate. What deliberate movement with his arm did you see towards the ball, I'd be interested to know. Fans shouting for it doesn't make it a penalty.

Hi Heid Yin
24-02-2018, 05:37 PM
For 25/30 defo. Last 15 of the first half Killie dominated then the whole second half. Personally thought we got very lucky with a point and Rocky saved us today.

Luck is that mysterious thing that played its part for and against both teams today. McClaren hit the woodwork and Boyle missed an absolute sitter. Hibs could have been 4 or 5 up before Killie rallied.

As for Rocky: He has been a collosus for us for weeks. Today he earned his corn, as did his opposite number in the Killie goals.

Oranje39
24-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Perhaps you should join Clancy in learning the rules then because he's either incompetent and doesn't know them or maybe he does and it's not incompetence. Can you explain why you think it was a penalty, what did you see that nobody else did (or that Clancy made up), when the rules are

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with his hand or arm. The referee must take the following into consideration:
• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement
• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement
• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) counts as an infringement”

Football’s rules don’t consider the contact of the ball with a player’s arm or hand as illegal, the keyword here is deliberate. What deliberate movement with his arm did you see towards the ball, I'd be interested to know. Fans shouting for it doesn't make it a penalty.

From where the ref was and in full speed on the Tele it looked like the ball had came off his other hand which was above his head.

None of the players complained either, they seemed to have thought it was the correct decision.

Juice-Terry
24-02-2018, 05:49 PM

So why was he sent off?

Correct. Ref's an erse.

One Day Soon
24-02-2018, 05:52 PM

You're just plain wrong then.

mutley
24-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Just seen Lennons interview with BBC, not holding back about refs and Clancy costing us points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One Day Soon
24-02-2018, 05:57 PM

Oh FFS why not just go the whole hog and suggest an open letter or go the full The Rangers and issue a statement?

Or maybe a reasonable word with the very unbiased and competent ref in private where no-one would see or hear it so that it an be completely disregarded? "I say referee old chap, not sure I agreed with your call today". "Sorry about that Neil, I'll try to make sure it doesn't happen again, give my goat a nudge away from the door there would you?".

ancient hibee
24-02-2018, 06:01 PM

I would consider it that we defended well and they needed a dubiously awarded penalty to get a draw.In other words we made our own luck.As you know there are many different ways to take a point.I would like McLaren to steady up in front of goal.

MrRobot
24-02-2018, 06:03 PM

He embarrassed himself? Have a word.

CMac1988
24-02-2018, 06:05 PM

Seen folk say this a few times today. After the 20 minute mark there was only 1 team in it. We might have had 2 goals but they were the better team throughout the majority of the 1st half and the whole of the 2nd.

WoreTheGreen
24-02-2018, 06:06 PM
He embarrassed himself? Have a word.

Don’t take the bait windup ——

AZhibee
24-02-2018, 06:10 PM

Though that may be correct the eam was fortunate to escape with a point and was outplayed, he needs to address his team more than Clancy.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Well done Lennon, you let that cheat know the truth. Will get a ban, but its not the end of the world, his last ban we won away in Bronby.

I'd have stuck the nut on that ****in cheat, both goals were because of officials incompetence at best, but cheating at worst.

Linesman guessed and got it wrong, and Clancy couldn't wait to give the penalty.

Its about time we had someone who is not afraid to have a go at the refs and linesmen, the bigots have been doing it for years and we've all seen the benefits of it.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2018, 06:13 PM

I'm not, yes we played poor, but we've over the course of this season played very well, and i expect that to continue, unless that cheat today is our ref every week.

JimBHibees
24-02-2018, 06:14 PM

He had every right to be that angry given the farcical corner decision leading to the first goal and the second joke penalty from the same ref that didn't give a pen when a rangers player was juggling with the ball at er. How that can be a sending off is a joke?

JimBHibees
24-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Well done Lennon, you let that cheat know the truth. Will get a ban, but its not the end of the world, his last ban we won away in Bronby.

I'd have stuck the nut on that ****in cheat, both goals were because of officials incompetence at best, but cheating at worst.

Linesman guessed and got it wrong, and Clancy couldn't wait to give the penalty.

Its about time we had someone who is not afraid to have a go at the refs and linesmen, the bigots have been doing it for years and we've all seen the benefits of it.

Nail on head again. No harm in calling them out for the cheating. Ref was gagging on giving them something today.

AZhibee
His post match comments should be praising Marciano.

Borderhibbie76

Its about time we had someone who is not afraid to have a go at the refs and linesmen, the bigots have been doing it for years and we've all seen the benefits of it.[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

guthrie01
24-02-2018, 06:17 PM

Was Lennons last ban not after the Morton “encounter” with Duffy, which was 2 or 3 games if I remember correctly. Could be looking at the same or even more games this time unfortunately.

JimBHibees
24-02-2018, 06:24 PM
From where the ref was and in full speed on the Tele it looked like the ball had came off his other hand which was above his head.

None of the players complained either, they seemed to have thought it was the correct decision.

They definitely complained Porteous was bewildered by the decision. Andy walker is clueless we were done over never a pen in a million years.

FinnMacCool
24-02-2018, 06:26 PM

None of the players complained either, they seemed to have thought it was the correct decision.Funny he saw that as a penalty and not this, what did he think this came off, his head? and I don't believe he never saw it, he's a liar, he was looking right at it and it was as deliberate as could have been. If he saw a penalty today and didn't see one at ER (and he did see it) then he's a cheat, plain and simple. The assistant admitted he actually saw it too and said it wasn't a penalty, he was definitely a cheat, nobody could have seen that a thought it not a penalty by any stretch of the imagination.

1 minute 40 ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=117&v=y867uKt-o6A

FinnMacCool
24-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Nailed it

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43183716

Swedish hibee
24-02-2018, 06:33 PM
Well done Neil Lennon. At least there's someone on here standing up for the club.

Em.. What about Leanne?

Iggy Pope
24-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Em.. What about Leanne?

What has she had to say about refereeing?

Callum_62
24-02-2018, 06:37 PM
its never a pen in a million years - where is his arm meant to be?

Its in the exact position youd want your defender to have his arm for the very reason it may strike it - against your body

Gmack7
24-02-2018, 06:37 PM
Nailed it

great interview

pacoluna
24-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Just seen Lennons interview with BBC, not holding back about refs and Clancy costing us points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He's correct clancy should be demoted for his performance, infact we need an overhaul of referees because every single one of them are pish poor, standard of refereeing in spfl is no better than leafa Sunday league refereeing.

Vini1875
24-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Glad Neil Lennon is unrepentant and putting pressure on refs. We often just mutter under our breaths about various injustices against our team, Lennie gets raging and I support that.

Babyshamble
24-02-2018, 06:55 PM

Stupid post get tae **** you hearts ****

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 06:59 PM

😂😂

Listen young lady, don’t take that tone with me.

blackpoolhibs
24-02-2018, 06:59 PM

:faf: Some folk cant wait to stick the boot in.

cabbageandribs1875
24-02-2018, 07:00 PM
its never a pen in a million years - where is his arm meant to be?

Its in the exact position youd want your defender to have his arm for the very reason it may strike it - against your body

this :agree:

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 07:01 PM
:faf: Some folk cant wait to stick the boot in.

Think you’ll find I’m a huge fan of Lennon. But no like you to be rimming someone who goes against me 😂

murray26
24-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Lennons absolutely bang on we’ve been the victim for to long I’m delighted he’s speaking up for us so loudly.. hopefully it will benefit us eventually.. I would love to hear why Clancy thought that was a penalty today but the one v Sevco wasn’t..?

Pete
24-02-2018, 07:03 PM
If Neil Lennon was reading this thread he’d probably be thinking folk should calm down and stop being so aggressive.

One Day
24-02-2018, 07:04 PM

So why was he sent off?

My thoughts too. What did he do or say that merited him being sent to the stand, he seemed calm enough til the ref said something.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 07:04 PM
Lennons absolutely bang on we’ve been the victim for to long I’m delighted he’s speaking up for us so loudly.. hopefully it will benefit us eventually.. I would love to hear why Clancy thought that was a penalty today but the one v Sevco wasn’t..?

He is bang on in his interview, loads of us have mentioned it through the season that refs have been horrible.

SideBurns
24-02-2018, 07:10 PM
I'm right behind Lennon on this one. We were ***** in the 2nd half but another shocking decision has cost us two points. Not so long he was being accused by the odd (very odd) poster on here that he didn't care about Hibs. Now it seems he cares too much. Unprofessional? Aye, but fitba is all about passion - the best managers the world has ever seen would have acted in a similar fashion (maybe no Shanks mind - Scouse, what dae ye reckon?).

Arch Stanton
24-02-2018, 07:14 PM
My thoughts too. What did he do or say that merited him being sent to the stand, he seemed calm enough til the ref said something.

That's what I wonder as well. I'm guessing he was saying bad things about the ref, but because the ref was out of earshot the 4th official passed the information on (abuse by proxy I guess you could call it).

Thing is, if he is sitting in the stand and the 4th official hears him giving the ref dog's abuse would he still report him? And if not, why not? I mean, he is still the Hibs manager and abusing the ref, so what do the rules say about that, if anything?

SideBurns
24-02-2018, 07:18 PM
I couldnae gie a monkey's what he said to Clancy, or the example he sets the players. As far as I'm concerned, there are different levels of discipline required of the management and playing staff. Lennon getting sent to the stand doesn't reduce our numbers on the field. He was rightly raging.

theonlywayisup
24-02-2018, 07:20 PM
Nailed it

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause::applause::applause:

WoreTheGreen
24-02-2018, 07:20 PM
So you get the long haired tramp wrestling a player to the floor and no action taken.

staunchhibby
24-02-2018, 07:37 PM
About time someone took a stance against the sub standard referee we had today.Not the first time he has ripped us off.

majorhibs
24-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Here we go again! Last week on here saying McGinn is worth sweeties, this week we should expect our mgr to be getting a long ban! Never occurred that the chat might go “their own fans think he’s worth sweeties/deserves a long ban”
let’s just on a Hibs website put the boot into our own, cos we know well that those with their agendas will never use it against Hibs!

majorhibs
24-02-2018, 07:38 PM
So you get the long haired tramp wrestling a player to the floor and no action taken.

Did Potter no “sarcastically clap” as well?

Steve20
24-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Lennon was spot on. The refereeing in this league is corrupt. I don’t see these decisions going regularly against Hearts or Rangers. The ref would have been as well putting a Killie top on today.

Lennon’s interview was bang on but the club won’t follow up because Petrie won’t want to upset his cushy number at the SFA.

hibbysam
24-02-2018, 07:51 PM

But it DID NOT hit that hand, it hit the elbow that was tucked into his chest. What might or might not have happened is irrelevant, the actions that took place was in no way shape or form a deliberate action to handle the ball and therefore was not a penalty.

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Rangers and Hearts fans agreeing with Lennon and yet some on here still think he was out of a order!

hibbyfraelibby
24-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Was Lennons last ban not after the Morton “encounter” with Duffy, which was 2 or 3 games if I remember correctly. Could be looking at the same or even more games this time unfortunately.

Significantly the suspended ban on part of his bust up with Duffy lapsed a few weeks ago...he's held is tongue well in face of some pretty woeful refereeing and can now afford to let rip once again knowing his previous cannot be held against him.

Kato
24-02-2018, 08:07 PM

You're making huge leaps to defend the ref here, talking nonsense in the process.

BenjiOscar
24-02-2018, 08:08 PM
Excellent, honest comments from Neil Lennon and everyone at the club have to back him here. Referee was woeful and we have suffered again due to total incompetence. It’s already beyond coincidence the number of decisions that either go against us or we don’t get.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Rangers and Hearts fans agreeing with Lennon and yet some on here still think he was out of a order!

I think you’ll find everyone agrees what Lennon thinks and says. It’s the manner in which he done it. I don’t see what is that hard to grasp or why folk feel the need to take it out of context to start an argument. Lennon was daft to blow up like that, was he right though in what he said after it.. Yes!

If he’d just kept the head and went right into Clancy’s office he could have put across his point in private rather than in front of the cameras where the media will have a field day. Right after him saying about the way players have to conduct themselves on and off the park.

Hope this helps for those who think myself and others are putting the boot in. I’m one of Lennons biggest fans and still think he’s the best manager we’ve had In many years.

SideBurns
24-02-2018, 08:19 PM
I think you’ll find everyone agrees what Lennon thinks and says. It’s the manner in which he done it. I don’t see what is that hard to grasp or why folk feel the need to take it out of context to start an argument. Lennon was daft to blow up like that, was he right though in what he said after it.. Yes!

If he’d just kept the head and went right into Clancy’s office he could have put across his point in private rather than in front of the cameras where the media will have a field day. Right after him saying about the way players have to conduct themselves on and off the park.

Hope this helps for those who think myself and others are putting the boot in. I’m one of Lennons biggest fans and still think he’s the best manager we’ve had In many years.

I don't think you're sinking the welly intae Lennon TC and know exactly what you're saying. The media will inevitably give him a hard time, and the authorities will reward him with a lengthy ban. So be it. But the players are adults, and I don't think it's unreasonable for the manager to say: "I can go radio rental at the ref- but you better no!" as the consequences are different.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 08:26 PM
I don't think you're sinking the welly intae Lennon TC and know exactly what you're saying. The media will inevitably give him a hard time, and the authorities will reward him with a lengthy ban. So be it. But the players are adults, and I don't think it's unreasonable for the manager to say: "I can go radio rental at the ref- but you better no!" as the consequences are different.

Some are adults some are giant kids 😁 it just makes it a little more difficult for him when trying to tell players to keep cool. One positive is they did and no one was sent off today as Clancy’s performance could have seen more tempers boil over.

pacoluna
24-02-2018, 08:28 PM

It's the only chance us the fans get to see the referee get a rite rollicking,regardless of the punishment the referee deserved to know how much of disgrace he was rite at that moment in time in front of our support. Much rather that than a quiet word in the office, referees always scurry away like little rats and never seem to have a case to answer, when they should!

majorhibs
24-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Aw put the bottle doon ya ****ing slaver !!

Mate, your very reasoned & thought out reply here, reminds me of a lot of people in Scotland’s perception of our manager. Pre-conceived & pretty biased. I suggest you put the bottle down, you effing slaver!

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Everyone discussing it Off The Ball agreed with Lennon. The papers tomorrow will as well.

A quiet word in the refs office gets us nowhere.

He absolutely did the right thing by addressing it in the manner he did.

Going by this thread the vast majority of us agree with him yet we’re the ones looking for an argument?! :confused:

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 08:32 PM
It's the only chance us the fans get to see the referee get a rite rollicking,regardless of the punishment the referee deserved to know how much of disgrace he was rite at that moment in time in front of our support. Much rather that than a quiet word in the office, referees always scurry away like little rats and never seem to have a case to answer, when they should!

It pisses me off as well that they seem to get away with it. Managers do go through them though behind closed doors. Some still get done right enough! Clancy shouldn’t ref another Hibs game again but I bet he does as no one will bother.

Thecat23
24-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Everyone discussing it Off The Ball agreed with Lennon. The papers tomorrow will as well.

A quiet word in the refs office gets us nowhere.

He absolutely did the right thing by addressing it in the manner he did.

Going by this thread the vast majority of us agree with him yet we’re the ones looking for an argument?! :confused:

Are they agreeing in the manner he done it screaming in the refs face? Or are they agreeing about what he said in the interview which I think all are agreeing with him.

There is a difference in the two.