PDA

View Full Version : 6 Cup Finals

Hibernian Verse
22-02-2018, 03:02 PM
The next six games could all be cup finals for us. Win 5 or 6 of them and we will surely be guaranteed to finish above Hearts which could in turn guarantee European football before the split even if we have a fairly poor run in after it.

Killie Away
Hamilton Home
Hearts Home
St. Johnstone Away
Partick Home
County Away

All winnable!

stonewaller1875
22-02-2018, 03:22 PM
The next six games could all be cup finals for us. Win 5 or 6 of them and we will surely be guaranteed to finish above Hearts which could in turn guarantee European football before the split even if we have a fairly poor run in after it.

Killie Away
Hamilton Home
Hearts Home
St. Johnstone Away
Partick Home
County Away

All winnable!Win 5 or 6 and we are looking at 2nd!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
22-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Win 5 or 6 and we are looking at 2nd!!

Sent from my HTC 10 using TapatalkI don't think Rangers will slip up to be honest but we will see.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TRC
22-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Even after the split it doesn't look to daunting
Celtic p 4 w0d2l2
Rangers p3 w2d0l1 (should have had a pen)
Aberdeen p3 w1d0l2
Hearts p3 w1d1l1
Killie p2 w1d1l0

stonewaller1875
22-02-2018, 03:29 PM
I don't think Rangers will slip up to be honest but we will see.

Sent from my SM-G950F using TapatalkIf you look at the teams we are playing all lower league which means Celtic, dons and Sevco will have the better teams to play, but your right we will see

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Franck Stanton
22-02-2018, 04:16 PM
Before anyone gets to carried away, remember we seem to drop points to so-called "smaller" teams on a fairly regular basis. Not saying we will, but let's stick to the old adage & take one game at a time shall we.

The_Horde
22-02-2018, 04:27 PM
Killie away probably the hardest of the games. And it's the next one

Liberal Hibby
22-02-2018, 05:07 PM
Even after the split it doesn't look to daunting
Celtic p 4 w0d2l2
Rangers p3 w2d0l1 (should have had a pen)
Aberdeen p3 w1d0l2
Hearts p3 w1d1l1
Killie p2 w1d1l0

Hearts is surely P2 W1 D1?

lucky
22-02-2018, 05:44 PM

Killie Away
Hamilton Home
Hearts Home
St. Johnstone Away
Partick Home
County Away

All winnable!

They are important games but unlike cup finals we will have other chances to finish 4th and qualify for Europe

danhibees1875
22-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Hearts is surely P2 W1 D1?

Hearts and Celtic cup games have been included.

Tug Wilson
22-02-2018, 06:21 PM
The old adage of one game at a time.

This Saturday at Killie is huge. Win that and we start to close the door on Killie catching us.

It will also put immense pressure on both Huns and Diet Huns in their game. One needs to win or we are just 2 points behind them. The other could find themselves 12 points adrift. Neither would be particularly palatable to their fans. A draw would potentially be the worst of both for them. No matter what, if we win at Killie then we really apply the pressure.

Similarly the Sheep could find themselves having to beat Smeltic to maintain the 5 point gap.

Happily take us only being 2 points behind 2nd and 3rd even if it only means a 9 point gap to Them. I do not consider them a real threat and we can easily finish any delusions they have of catching us by beating them at Easter Road. Have to beat Hamilton first though.

If we do go 3 wins out of 3 then we will pretty much be guaranteed 4th and probably 3rd or even 2nd.

We should not underestimate this Hibs team.

Ozyhibby
22-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Before anyone gets to carried away, remember we seem to drop points to so-called "smaller" teams on a fairly regular basis. Not saying we will, but let's stick to the old adage & take one game at a time shall we.

The reason for that has been our inability to turn our dominance into goals. I’m optimistic that the signing of Allan, Kamberri and Maclaren will change our fortunes on that front.
I think we have a better team than Aberdeen and Sevco but lack of goals has held us back. Hopefully about to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onion
22-02-2018, 06:58 PM
If we were at the other end of the table or higher up, then they'd be cup finals. IMO, these are free shots. There is zero pressure on Hibs in this first season back - all the risk was on the upside.

4td, 3rd or 2nd... NEXT season is the acid test for Lennon and Hibs. That's what's been so impressive about Aberdeen and McInnes, they've managed to keep it going years after year.

WhileTheChief..
22-02-2018, 07:19 PM
Have we ever won 6 games on the trot in the league?

monktonharp
22-02-2018, 07:21 PM
is it not possible to finish 4th, yet miss out in the Euro spot if one of those not in the top 4, wins the S.Cup?

Billy Whizz
22-02-2018, 07:24 PM
is it not possible to finish 4th, yet miss out in the Euro spot if one of those not in the top 4, wins the S.Cup?

Yes, only top 3 get Euro places, plus Scottish Cupnwinners
If one of Top 3 win the cup, 4th place would get the extra spot

Bristolhibby
22-02-2018, 07:25 PM

True

Liberal Hibby
22-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Hearts and Celtic cup games have been included.

Why it's about the league surely? Didn't notice the Celtc additional game though.

danhibees1875
22-02-2018, 08:30 PM
Why it's about the league surely? Didn't notice the Celtc additional game though.

It's just about how we've done against the other top 6 teams this season. :dunno:

monktonharp
22-02-2018, 08:57 PM
Yes, only top 3 get Euro places, plus Scottish Cupnwinners
If one of Top 3 win the cup, 4th place would get the extra spotas it should be, unless it's changed in just a couple of years:wink: