PDA

View Full Version : Top 6 split

Doh Rae Me
21-02-2018, 01:53 PM
The Rangers have played all current other top 6 sides twice at Ibrox. Now our record is fine there but what do think the odds are that Celtic would be drawn, in this unbiased completely random draw, would be drawn there to play 3 times in a season?

grammyb111
21-02-2018, 02:14 PM
If Kilmarnock and Hearts both play at Ibrox 3 times you get every team with an even number of home and away games. That'll be what it works out as, we'll play the games we're meant to play (Killie, Rangers, Celtic at home, Hearts and Aberdeen away).

SouthMoroccoStu
21-02-2018, 02:27 PM
You can guarantee that the old firm game won't be held at an uneven number for the host stadium

MB62
21-02-2018, 02:40 PM
If memory serves well (and really, there's very little chance of that actually being the case) I'm sure when newco was still oldco, it was decided that the ONLY clubs that would always meet each other for definite home and away twice each, was those two, everybody else was just all your luck.
Given the battle for 2nd, 3rd & 4th, you can bet yer boots both Hibs & Aberdeen will be at Ipox.

Geo_1875
21-02-2018, 03:18 PM
If memory serves well (and really, there's very little chance of that actually being the case) I'm sure when newco was still oldco, it was decided that the ONLY clubs that would always meet each other for definite home and away twice each, was those two, everybody else was just all your luck.
Given the battle for 2nd, 3rd & 4th, you can bet yer boots both Hibs & Aberdeen will be at Ipox.

I'll be very surprised if we don't get Celtc and 6th place at home and 3 away games against Big Huns, Little Huns and The Sheep.

Nutmegged
21-02-2018, 03:21 PM
The Rangers have played all current other top 6 sides twice at Ibrox. Now our record is fine there but what do think the odds are that Celtic would be drawn, in this unbiased completely random draw, would be drawn there to play 3 times in a season?

it isn't a random draw, its based on last seasons seedings, Celtic are top seeeds so wouldn't be chosen, we're 13th so more than likely would be.

grammyb111
21-02-2018, 03:32 PM
If Kilmarnock and Hearts both play at Ibrox 3 times you get every team with an even number of home and away games. That'll be what it works out as, we'll play the games we're meant to play (Killie, Rangers, Celtic at home, Hearts and Aberdeen away).

Scratch that, one team will play one more home game, one will play one more away game.

Pre Split Home Pre Split Away
Hibs 16 17
Celtic 16 17
Rangers 17 16
Hearts 16 17
Aberdeen 16 17
Kilmarnock 17 16

Hibs due to play at home: Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock. Hibs due to play away: Aberdeen, Hearts
Celtic due to play at home: Rangers, Kilmarnock, Aberdeen. Celtic due to play away: Hibs, Hearts
Rangers due to play at home: None. Rangers due to play away: Hibs, Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock
Hearts due to play at home: Rangers, Hibs, Celtic. Hearts due to play away: Kilmarnock, Aberdeen
Aberdeen due to play at home: Rangers, Hibs, Hearts. Aberdeen due to play away: Celtic, Kilmarnock
Kilmarnock due to play at home: Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts. Kilmarnock due to play away: Celtic, Hibs

Following the above this would be the split of home/away games as it 'should' happen, but of course it needs to be evened out:

Home Away
Hibs 19 19
Celtic 19 19
Rangers 17 21
Hearts 19 19
Aberdeen 19 19
Kilmarnock 20 18

So from there it's obvious that Kilmarnock will go to Ibrox twice, making the table:

Home Away
Hibs 19 19
Celtic 19 19
Rangers 18 20
Hearts 19 19
Aberdeen 19 19
Kilmarnock 19 19

But no team as far as I can see has been given 1 post split game at home and 4 away (or vice versa), so Rangers will be changed and one more team (other than Kilmarnock) will have to visit Ibrox twice. Likely to be us or Hearts - SPL could use the stadium as a (poor) excuse.

Danderhall Hibs
21-02-2018, 03:37 PM
If we only get 18 home games (and 20 away) how is this valued vs season ticket prices?

GoalsMcGinley
21-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Based on the current top 6 we would play Sevco 2012 at Ibrox post split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BroxburnHibee
21-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Exactly why the whole split idea is ridiculous!

Mikey
21-02-2018, 03:45 PM
If Hibs, Aberdeen and The Rangers are fighting it out for second the team that plays an extra away game should be either Kilmarnock or Hearts as they're not going to improve much on where they are anyway.

Michael
21-02-2018, 03:57 PM
Exactly why the whole split idea is ridiculous!

Exactly, it's flawed and usually unfair on someone. Why do we still have it after all these years?

Just increase the number of teams and play each other twice as everyone wants.

lyonhibs
21-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Exactly, it's flawed and usually unfair on someone. Why do we still have it after all these years?

Except the TV companies and smaller clubs for whom 3 and potentially 4 home games against the OF are financially vital sadly.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2018, 04:16 PM

I want it and I'm sure the majority of supporters want it as well but ask BT Sport and Sky Sports and also the board of directors of Kilmarnock, St Johnstone, Hamilton etc who would be losing out on a guaranteed sold out away end against Rangers and Celtic on at least one and possibly two occasions per season would disagree.

Sadly that argument will always prevail.

brog
21-02-2018, 04:24 PM
it isn't a random draw, its based on last seasons seedings, Celtic are top seeeds so wouldn't be chosen, we're 13th so more than likely would be.

The fixtures pre season were based on last year's seedings The post split fixtures don't need to be. If the top 6 stay as they are then it would be logical for Yams & Killie to have to visit Sevco one additional time. Can't believe I just used the word logical!

BoomtownHibees
21-02-2018, 04:29 PM
Based on the current top 6 we would play Sevco 2012 at Ibrox post split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why??

Michael
21-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Except the TV companies and smaller clubs for whom 3 and potentially 4 home games against the OF are financially vital sadly.

Then spread out the prize money more to help them. Every other country gets by without 2 home games against the old firm and I don't believe we're the exception.

grammyb111
21-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Have a top league of 14, after playing each other twice have a top 6 split and a bottom 8. Play each team in your split league twice too. Bottom 8 teams play 40 games and top 6 36. The extra home game covers for 'only' playing the old firm once at home for the bottom 8. The top 6 are the teams likely to be further in cups etc so playing two less games not such an issue. Seems sensible enough to me. 26 games is still plenty games before a split so can't complain about 'false' positions. Bigot brothers also get their four derbies.

Carheenlea
21-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Mickey Mouse.

The league split has the feel of a social club dominoes flyer draw. When discussing the practicality of a league split, when they got to the bit where clubs might play away at one team three times and home the once, that should have been as far as any discussion went. When they then realised the team in 7th or 8th would have a good chance of a higher points total than 6th then everyone should have been laughing their way out the room.

Billy Whizz
21-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Isn’t it nice to be moaning about being in the top 6 again, and comfortably😄

BoomtownHibees
21-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Mickey Mouse.

The league split has the feel of a social club dominoes flyer draw. When discussing the practicality of a league split, when they got to the bit where clubs might play away at one team three times and home the once, that should have been as far as any discussion went. When they then realised the team in 7th or 8th would have a good chance of a higher points total than 6th then everyone should have been laughing their way out the room.

The bit about the 7th placed team having more points doesn’t bother me as the league, in effect, splits in to 2. The bit about playing more away games than Home and the potential of having to go to your nearest rivals 3 times and only playing them once at home is madness.

Ryan69
21-02-2018, 04:58 PM
The bit about the 7th placed team having more points doesn’t bother me as the league, in effect, splits in to 2. The bit about playing more away games than Home and the potential of having to go to your nearest rivals 3 times and only playing them once at home is madness.

No matter what reasoning you use....Its very convenient that The Rangers play their nearest rivals at home in the run in.

Nothing short of a fix.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Mickey Mouse.

They don't really though.

The 6th placed team is effectively playing in a different league from the teams in 7th and 8th for the final five matches of the season.

I don't like the split but it's more for the reasons that you have stated at the start of your post regarding an uneven balance of home and away fixtures against certain clubs.

The fact that we could potentially be forced to play at Ibrox for a 3rd time this season, when we're currently in a battle to try and finish 2nd alongside Rangers and Aberdeen is a farce.

League expansion is the way forward but it won't happen for reasons I have explained in a previous post.

Nicho87
21-02-2018, 05:11 PM
Least playing at Ibrox guarantees us 3 points

WhileTheChief..
21-02-2018, 05:21 PM

Eh? Who wants that?

I like four games against hearts and the old firm. Much rather be playing them than Livingston and Morton or whoever.

I also like the break, keeps everything exciting towards the end of the season.

Not bothered in the slightest if we have an extra away game.

NRW_Hibbie
21-02-2018, 05:23 PM
If we do have to go to Ibrox again, and end up with fewer home games as a consequence, do we get any financial compensation? 4000 Huns at ER is a fair old wedge to surrender.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2018, 05:31 PM
If we do have to go to Ibrox again, and end up with fewer home games as a consequence, do we get any financial compensation? 4000 Huns at ER is a fair old wedge to surrender.

I take it you mean fewer home games v Rangers?

We'll still end up with an even split of home and away fixtures overall.

It's a fair point though. We should be playing them at Easter Road after the split but then, if the current top six stays the same, Rangers should be playing all these teams away from home after the split so something's got to give.

Baldy Foghorn
21-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Mickey Mouse.

Agree, really does nothing for the game IMO

Carheenlea
21-02-2018, 06:07 PM
The Team who finishes 2nd and the team who finishes 8th are finishing 2nd and 8th in the same league, The Ladbrokes Premiership. If everyone was to start on a clean slate after the split then you would have two leagues, but not if everyone is starting on different points.
A team finishing on more points than a team above them in a league is just laughable. The prize money is distributed in order of position, and last season you had Hearts in 5th place on 46, Partick 6th on 41 and Ross County 7th on 46. Circus.

Michael
21-02-2018, 06:20 PM
I take it you mean fewer home games v Rangers?

We'll still end up with an even split of home and away fixtures overall.

It's a fair point though. We should be playing them at Easter Road after the split but then, if the current top six stays the same, Rangers should be playing all these teams away from home after the split so something's got to give.

I think one club will play one game less? Could be us.

Argylehibby
21-02-2018, 06:32 PM
The split is based on last years league placings so Killie and us were not expected to be top 6 this season. That is why I reckon those will be the teams that go to Ibrox again.

calumhibee1
21-02-2018, 06:33 PM
Surely if one team is having to play more away games than home games it should be Rangers? They're getting the benefit of having played all the top half at home twice and a couple of them 3 times, they can surely then be the one to play more away games than home games to even that out..

lord bunberry
21-02-2018, 06:44 PM
The split is based on last years league placings so Killie and us were not expected to be top 6 this season. That is why I reckon those will be the teams that go to Ibrox again.
If that happened another team would have to come to Easter Road three times.

mcfly
21-02-2018, 06:48 PM
Will we def get 19 home games?

danhibees1875
21-02-2018, 06:49 PM
If that happened another team would have to come to Easter Road three times.

Which could only be hearts or Aberdeen. :dunno:

lord bunberry
21-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Surely we must get 19 home games. I’m not sure what the income for 1 game is, but if you take an average of around 18000 fans, it must be a right few quid we’d lose by only playing 18 games. They’d have to offer a refund for season ticket holders and hospitality.

lord bunberry
21-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Which could only be hearts or Aberdeen. :dunno:
Both of whom wouldn’t be happy about coming to Easter Road three times.

calumhibee1
21-02-2018, 07:06 PM
Surely we must get 19 home games. I’m not sure what the income for 1 game is, but if you take an average of around 18000 fans, it must be a right few quid we’d lose by only playing 18 games. They’d have to offer a refund for season ticket holders and hospitality.

They wouldn’t have sold hospitality and I doubt they’d refund ST.

weecounty hibby
21-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Why would Hibs "have to" offer a refund on STs? This is not of Hibs doing. Personally I wouldn't want a refund, I didn't buy a ST as any kind of saving and have already missed two home matches anyway

Sir David Gray
21-02-2018, 07:43 PM
I think one club will play one game less? Could be us.

I've just looked at it and it looks like you're correct. These are the fixtures that every team would be due post-split, if the top six remains as it is, to ensure all teams finish with 19 home and 19 away matches. In brackets, these are the fixtures which should take place to allow all teams to have an even split of home and away fixtures against the other teams in the top six;

Celtic - 3 home and 2 away (H - Rangers, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock) (A-Hibs, Hearts)
Rangers - 2 home and 3 away (H - None) (A - Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Kilmarnock)
Aberdeen - 3 home and 2 away (H - Rangers, Hibs, Hearts) (A - Celtic, Kilmarnock)
Hibs - 3 home and 2 away (H - Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock) (A - Aberdeen, Hearts)
Hearts - 3 home and 2 away (H - Celtic, Rangers, Hibs (A - Aberdeen, Kilmarnock)
Kilmarnock - 2 home and 3 away (H - Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts) (A - Celtic, Hibs)

Fairest way;

Celtic

Home

Rangers
Aberdeen
Kilmarnock

Away

Hibs
Hearts

Rangers

Home

Hearts
Kilmarnock

Away

Celtic
Aberdeen
Hibs

Aberdeen

Home

Rangers
Hibs
Hearts

Away

Celtic
Kilmarnock

Hibs

Home

Celtic
Rangers
Kilmarnock

Away

Aberdeen
Hearts

Hearts

Home

Celtic
Hibs

Away

Aberdeen
Rangers
Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock

Home

Aberdeen
Hearts

Away

Celtic
Rangers
Hibs

As you can see, Hearts are the team that's missed out on the extra home game but the two games they will have at home will be "Category A" fixtures so that should make up for it. The only home fixture they're missing out on is at home to Rangers but that's evened out by the fact that they benefitted from a game against Rangers at Murrayfield earlier in the season, when they got an attendance that was well in excess of the number that could have attended, had it been at Tynecastle.

Assuming the top six stays at it is, that's how I would arrange the fixtures.

lord bunberry
21-02-2018, 07:44 PM
Why would Hibs "have to" offer a refund on STs? This is not of Hibs doing. Personally I wouldn't want a refund, I didn't buy a ST as any kind of saving and have already missed two home matches anyway
I wouldn’t want a refund either, but legally I would imagine they would have to. You can’t sell tickets for something and then not put the event on. I agree completely that it’s not our fault, but even without refunding season tickets, it would cost us the sort of money that could mean the difference between signing a decent player and not signing one. Between 6 and 7k paying punters adds up to an amount we’d miss badly.

lord bunberry
21-02-2018, 07:46 PM
They wouldn’t have sold hospitality and I doubt they’d refund ST.
Sorry I meant to say the loss of hospitality revenue.

PatHead
21-02-2018, 07:55 PM
I wouldn’t want a refund either, but legally I would imagine they would have to. You can’t sell tickets for something and then not put the event on. I agree completely that it’s not our fault, but even without refunding season tickets, it would cost us the sort of money that could mean the difference between signing a decent player and not signing one. Between 6 and 7k paying punters adds up to an amount we’d miss badly.

Doubt Hibs would offer a refund as it is likely we buy a season ticket for all home league games without a specified number.

PatHead
21-02-2018, 07:57 PM
By the way can anyone say if it would make a difference if Motherwell pipped Hearts or Killie?

Mr White
21-02-2018, 07:59 PM
By the way can anyone say if it would make a difference if Motherwell pipped Hearts or Killie?

There'd be less songs about fenian blood :dunno:

weecounty hibby
21-02-2018, 07:59 PM
I don't remember when I got my ST that it guaranteed X amount of games. I could be wrong, as is often the case, but I don't think any number was mentioned.

Sir David Gray
21-02-2018, 08:03 PM

Just talking about it from our own point of view, we would be due to play Motherwell away as opposed to Kilmarnock who we would be due to play at home.

Leith Green
21-02-2018, 08:06 PM
A complete farce of a set up. Why dont we just play each other 4 times a season , two home and away games against each team , or expand the league and play every team once home and away. Its a completely needless gimmick that actually achieves nothing.

mjhibby
22-02-2018, 07:59 AM
If Hibs, Aberdeen and The Rangers are fighting it out for second the team that plays an extra away game should be either Kilmarnock or Hearts as they're not going to improve much on where they are anyway.

That's the way it will pan out I think but it shouldn't come to that. If they make us go to ibrox again there will be one hell of a rammie and I'm sure super Rod will make sure it won't happen. The financial aspect is huge as well with the TV money and of course a place in Europe up for grabs. There is no easy solution to this problem. I wonder who exactly they thought would be the top six. The top five at the moment surely aren't unexpected so surely only maybe St Johnstone would have been down to be there. They will pick the fixture which will cause the least amount of grief I'm sure.

Lewiehas2
22-02-2018, 08:07 AM
There'd be less songs about fenian blood :dunno:

:faf:

green day
22-02-2018, 08:32 AM
As has been said earlier, these post split matches are scheduled largely down to "expected position" based on last years top league finishes.

As such, Killie and ourselves didnt have a top 6 finish, and therefore our fixtures will be skewed.

Which is why the ugly sisters will have an even number of visits to each other, and Hibs/Killie will have to suck it up and visit Ibrox (for example) once again.

So, its not designed to help Sevco, its a stupid design flaw, and shows the split up for the mess it always has been.

BlackSheep
22-02-2018, 08:34 AM
I've just looked at it and it looks like you're correct. These are the fixtures that every team would be due post-split, if the top six remains as it is, to ensure all teams finish with 19 home and 19 away matches. In brackets, these are the fixtures which should take place to allow all teams to have an even split of home and away fixtures against the other teams in the top six;

Celtic - 3 home and 2 away (H - Rangers, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock) (A-Hibs, Hearts)
Rangers - 2 home and 3 away (H - None) (A - Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts, Kilmarnock)
Aberdeen - 3 home and 2 away (H - Rangers, Hibs, Hearts) (A - Celtic, Kilmarnock)
Hibs - 3 home and 2 away (H - Celtic, Rangers, Kilmarnock) (A - Aberdeen, Hearts)
Hearts - 3 home and 2 away (H - Celtic, Rangers, Hibs (A - Aberdeen, Kilmarnock)
Kilmarnock - 2 home and 3 away (H - Rangers, Aberdeen, Hearts) (A - Celtic, Hibs)

Fairest way;

Celtic

Home

Rangers
Aberdeen
Kilmarnock

Away

Hibs
Hearts

Rangers

Home

Hearts
Kilmarnock

Away

Celtic
Aberdeen
Hibs

Aberdeen

Home

Rangers
Hibs
Hearts

Away

Celtic
Kilmarnock

Hibs

Home

Celtic
Rangers
Kilmarnock

Away

Aberdeen
Hearts

Hearts

Home

Celtic
Hibs

Away

Aberdeen
Rangers
Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock

Home

Aberdeen
Hearts

Away

Celtic
Rangers
Hibs

As you can see, Hearts are the team that's missed out on the extra home game but the two games they will have at home will be "Category A" fixtures so that should make up for it. The only home fixture they're missing out on is at home to Rangers but that's evened out by the fact that they benefitted from a game against Rangers at Murrayfield earlier in the season, when they got an attendance that was well in excess of the number that could have attended, had it been at Tynecastle.

Assuming the top six stays at it is, that's how I would arrange the fixtures.

Get this sent out to everyone, SFA, SPFL, the press and the clubs.... if this much logic is public knowledge surely they would find it hard to mess up the fixture arrangement themselves.

Tynie01011973
22-02-2018, 08:41 AM

Bet your bottom dollar that Sevco were never seeded 13th when they were promoted the Season before 🤔

KWJ
22-02-2018, 08:53 AM
The split's not perfect for sure and I would prefer a larger league but overall I'd say it's been a success.

It generally results in more exciting games towards the end of the season for either the title, euro places or relegation, it gives teams something to aim for (mind when Dundee celebrated at Aberdeen when they first made the T6?) and occasionally all 3 of these things can be in play at once.

It makes the end of the season far more exciting than the English Premiership where usually over half the clubs have nothing to play for beyond prize money.

The positive of a larger league though is freshness of opponent and, more importantly, it means having an outside winner like Leicester is more likely as they only have to play the top, wealthy teams twice a season so it's easier to put long runs together and get momentum building up points.

Geo_1875
22-02-2018, 09:07 AM
Celtc and Killie at Home.

Big Huns, Little Huns and Sheep Away.

Guaran****ingteed.

lord bunberry
22-02-2018, 09:50 AM
Did we not have 20 home games a few seasons back?

Billy Whizz
22-02-2018, 10:32 AM

We should be due 3 at home and 2 away after the he split. If they send us to Ibrox fine, but as long as we get the 3 at home, I’m ok

Col2
22-02-2018, 10:35 AM
We should be due 3 at home and 2 away after the he split. If they send us to Ibrox fine, but as long as we get the 3 at home, I’m ok

That’s doesn’t look like it’s happening given the so called rules. Common sense would suggest it should but we are going to lose one home game and be at Ibrox for 3rd time.

The game at home to Rangers give the cup final, dislike and recent results is one I look forward to as much as a derby. So gutted.

Aim Here
22-02-2018, 10:43 AM

It's not a given that we'll get them. If the top 6 stays as-is, there will be four teams in that situation and so one team is going to have to suck up an extra away game.

Onion
22-02-2018, 02:38 PM

Which begs the obvious question... why ? At the beginning of the season, many would have had Celtic, Aberdeen, Sevco, Hearts, probably Hibs and perhaps Killie as potential top 6 teams - so it was ALWAYS going to end with Sevco getting an unfair advantage post split.

Very much smacks of giving Sevco a leg up financially - allowing them to play the best (and biggest attending) teams at Ibrox twice - as well as a sporting advantage.

Onion
22-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Celtc and Killie at Home.

Big Huns, Little Huns and Sheep Away.

Guaran****ingteed.

If so, it's the toughest draw you could come up with !

Onion
22-02-2018, 02:43 PM
As has been said earlier, these post split matches are scheduled largely down to "expected position" based on last years top league finishes.

As such, Killie and ourselves didnt have a top 6 finish, and therefore our fixtures will be skewed.

Which is why the ugly sisters will have an even number of visits to each other, and Hibs/Killie will have to suck it up and visit Ibrox (for example) once again.

So, its not designed to help Sevco, its a stupid design flaw, and shows the split up for the mess it always has been.

Which is effectively the OF, Hearts and Dons being "seeded". Not a term that used freely within the SPFL, but that's what it amounts to.

brog
22-02-2018, 03:43 PM

You're correct about the 1st part but the seedings don't continue to apply once we're into the season. ( There's nothing to say they do. ), The case can equally be made, & forcibly I hope by Hibs, that performances should count now & in that case,if the 6 remain the same, then it should be the 5th & 6th teams, or possibly only the 6th team that should be disadvantaged. Given that Sevco could possibly be in direct opposition to any 2 from the top 4 for a European spot, then I think SPFL will go for the 5th & 6th spot solution. In fact I suspect Killie may already know this hence their objections.

greenlex
22-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Said on another thread it’s a shambles. Just like to repeat on here. ****ing farce.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-02-2018, 07:45 PM
At the start of the season I would have been happy to be in the position of having to have a discussion about the top six games. Other than Aberdeen, we have nothing to fear from playing anyone away from home .

Bristolhibby
22-02-2018, 08:18 PM

Correct.

We had our chance to shake up the system when the zombies went bust. And suddenly the veto went.

Nothing changed.

J

Big L
22-02-2018, 09:22 PM
The rangers have had the massive advantage of playing the other top 5 teams twice at home and it could be argued that they woukd not be in that position if they hadn't. They should now be made to play all these teams away, it's only fair. You also have to consider the money, Hibs missing out on a full house st ER.

My_Wife_Camille
22-02-2018, 09:41 PM
The rangers have had the massive advantage of playing the other top 5 teams twice at home and it could be argued that they woukd not be in that position if they hadn't. They should now be made to play all these teams away, it's only fair. You also have to consider the money, Hibs missing out on a full house st ER.
This is true but then Rangers would end up playing 17 at home and 21 away Which wouldn’t be fair either. And while we’d be missing out on a sell out crowd Rangers would also be missing out on either 2 or three sell out crowds of their own through no fault of their own.

An idea would be leaving it as it is but maybe the league compensating the team who are missing out on valuable revenue or even a requirement that revenue earned through a 3rd home game has to be split the same as it would if it was a cup or something.

Just an an idea and probably one with holes but while we operate with a split there’s always going to be someone who suffers in this way