PDA

View Full Version : Radio ENRG

Babyshamble
20-02-2018, 10:45 PM
My son(me & him are both st holders) is doing an honours degree in journalism at Napier.him & 2 of his mates have started their own radio show talking all things football on a Tuesday nite.its called weekly kickback (horrific name I know) please have a listen to it if youse can spare the time.cheers guys.

Sauzee16
20-02-2018, 11:40 PM
My son(me & him are both st holders) is doing an honours degree in journalism at Napier.him & 2 of his mates have started their own radio show talking all things football on a Tuesday nite.its called weekly kickback (horrific name I know) please have a listen to it if youse can spare the time.cheers guys.
That name is going to kill the show Hibs wise tbh. That needs a re-think.

Babyshamble
20-02-2018, 11:40 PM
What time is it on?

He records it on a Tuesday.you will get a link on his fb page.Grant Barnes.or google radio ENRG.

Babyshamble
20-02-2018, 11:53 PM
That name is going to kill the show Hibs wise tbh. That needs a re-think.
Name was picked by his producer.hope folk wont be put off.its an excellent listen.

Sauzee16
20-02-2018, 11:59 PM
Name was picked by his producer.hope folk wont be put off.its an excellent listen.

If you have a link at some point I'll have a listen mate but I'll be honest it will probably put people off unfortunately.

Babyshamble
21-02-2018, 12:15 AM
Thing is its 2 Hibs fans & an Aberdeen fan.nothing do to with Hearts.

green day
21-02-2018, 07:40 AM

You mention that the producer came up with the name - he should admit it was wrong and change it.

I am sure it was done with the best intentions, but it was a schoolboy error - no different if he called the show "The Bears Den" and you were punting it on a celtic fans site :greengrin

Jim44
21-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Silly choice of name. It will certainly influence media-savvy Hibbys, whether that’s petty or not.

Tinribs
21-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Wouldn't worry too much about the name, as the OP said, it's about all things football so not a Hibs radio spot. Good luck to them, just hope they give their AFC mate it tight :)

Since90+2
21-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Any name that has instant connotations with a specific team will alienate potential listeners. Probably best to change the name before it gets going!

hhibs
21-02-2018, 01:43 PM

So the two Hibs fans said nothing ?

Or is the Producer just a ......?

Lesson 1 ,do nothing to alienate your potential audience and that would include if they had used a title referencing anything Hibs.

Change title.

SaulGoodman
21-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Apart from the fact that kickback is the name of an unofficial Hearts fans forum what does it have to do with hearts?

If that's going to put a Hibs fan off from listening then some folk need to get a grip.

Nameless
22-02-2018, 06:14 AM
If that's going to put a Hibs fan off from listening then some folk need to get a grip.

It's the most basic part of being a supporter - tribalism. If you think it's not going to put some folk off, you're being naive.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Dalianwanda
22-02-2018, 07:39 AM
Apart from the fact that kickback is the name of an unofficial Hearts fans forum what does it have to do with hearts?

I know it’s kinda petty but when i hear the word kickback i associate it with Hearts. As I’ve heard about it hear I’ll give it a listen, if i hadn’t I give it a wide berth.

CentreLine
22-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Lots of talk of it being a poor choice of name. How about we think of a few neutral but catchy names the boys might consider as an alternative? Something not already in use elsewhere 🤔

Talking Balls 🤨
Penalty Shootout 😖

Okay maybe not but c’mon Hibs.net we can be more positive for the boys

WeeRussell
22-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Lots of talk of it being a poor choice of name. How about we think of a few neutral but catchy names the boys might consider as an alternative? Something not already in use elsewhere 🤔

Talking Balls 🤨
Penalty Shootout 😖

Okay maybe not but c’mon Hibs.net we can be more positive for the boys

Fitba' FM
Soccer FM
The Sound of Soccer
Weekly Kick-off
The Weekly nutmeg
Keep your ears on the ball

Maybe not for me either... :greengrin