PDA

View Full Version : 6 Games before the Split

BegbieHSC
19-02-2018, 05:13 PM
3 at home (Hamilton, Hearts and Partick)
3 Away (Killie, St Johnstone and Ross County)

How many points will we take?

Given our current form, I'm really hoping for c.15/18, given outside of Killie it's really the dross of the league we're playing. Would put us in really good stead for a Top 3 finish!

Jim44
19-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Hamilton - 3 pts
Hearts - 1pt
Partick - 3 pts
Killie - 1pt
St Johnstone - 3 pts
Ross County - 3 pts

ahibby
19-02-2018, 05:25 PM

Given our current form, I'm really hoping for c.15/18, given outside of Killie it's really the dross of the league we're playing. Would put us in really good stead for a Top 3 finish!

It's hard to say, I'd rather predict 6 points in the last five games than how many in the next six, but as you've asked I'll say a minimum of six and maximum twelve in the next six (being pessimistic).

mim
19-02-2018, 05:26 PM
18 :flag:

AgentDaleCooper
19-02-2018, 05:27 PM
No idea about the killie game, but i think we'll win the rest barring st johnstone.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Minimum of 12 points but we really ought to be looking at around 14 or 15 points.

BegbieHSC
19-02-2018, 05:29 PM
I'm personally saying 15.

We'll win them all, apart from maybe Killie this weekend, or St Johnstone.

If we win 6/6 I think that'll be some sort of record in recent times - 9 wins in a row? Ooft!

Wilson
19-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Hamilton - 3 pts
Hearts - 1 pt
Partick - 3 pts
Killie - 1 pt
St Johnstone - 1 pt
Ross County - 3 pts

stoneyburn hibs
19-02-2018, 05:33 PM
I'd be happy with no less than twelve, fourteen is realistically achievable.
That said, if we can replicate the 2nd half against Aberdeen for the next six games it would see us win them all.

Tug Wilson
19-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Last 2 games have set the benchmark.

I do not expect us to lose any of the games.

All 3 home fixtures should be wins.

Would be looking for at least 1 away win with 2 draws.

Therefore minimum 14 points.

If we want to challenge for 2nd then this is the least we need. Even if we get 18 points then it will come down to beating The Rangers and Aberdeen post split.

Hibbyradge
19-02-2018, 05:36 PM
We'll win 3, draw 2, and lose 1.

11 points.

flash
19-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Less than 90% of the predictions on here most likely.

guthrie01
19-02-2018, 05:45 PM
No chance we will let Hearts take points off us. I predict a comfortable 16 after drawing with Killie.

Greencore
19-02-2018, 05:46 PM
Hamilton - 3 pts
Hearts - 3pts
Partick - 3 pts
Killie - 0pt
St Johnstone - 3 pts
Ross County - 3 pts

we are hibs
19-02-2018, 05:50 PM
Killie 1
hamilton 3
hearts 3
st,johnstone 1
partick 3
ross county 3

14 points out of 18

RossScott1991
19-02-2018, 05:54 PM

Kilmarnock - 1pt
St Johnstone - 1pt
Ross County - 3pt

Hamilton - 3pt
Hearts - 3pt
Partick - 3pt

Fully expecting to win the 3 home games. And 2 out the 3 away games are probably 2 of the more ideal away games you could ask for at this stage of season, two struggling outfits.

SirDavidsNapper
19-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Hamilton - 3 pts
Hearts - 3pts
Partick - 3 pts
Killie - 0pt
St Johnstone - 3 pts
Ross County - 3 pts

Yup

B.H.F.C
19-02-2018, 06:00 PM
We’ll more than likely drop points somewhere along the line.

Anything less than 12 would be pretty disappointing IMO. We’re capable of getting 18 but it’s unlikely. I think it’ll be somewhere in between.

MacGruber
19-02-2018, 06:06 PM
Most predicted we'd struggle to pick up points over the previous games including Aberdeen, The Rangers and Celtic. We have exceeded expectation for most

Most are now predicting we will take loads of the next set of fixtures.... why do I have that sinking feeling lol

For what it's worth I'll say 12

Captain Trips
19-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Looking up table as we should be:

Sevco Next 6

H Hearts
A St Jonstone
H Celtic
H Killie
A Motherwell
H Dundee

Aberdeen:

H Celtic
A Motherwell
A Thistle
H Dundee
H St Johnstone
A Hearts

hibby rae
19-02-2018, 06:24 PM
If we can keep our form before the split then post-split is probably the real opportunity to leapfrog Aberdeen. Given how poor their results have been up to this point against the teams around them, aside from the first two games against us. I don't see them picking up many then.However, more often than not, we have risen to the occasion.

BegbieHSC
19-02-2018, 06:32 PM
Is it too optimistic to suggest we have the potential to achieve the same points tally that won us the Championship (71)? We get 15/18 here that puts us on 63 points pre-split...

Captain Trips
19-02-2018, 06:50 PM
Simon Murray can really do us a turn v Aberdeen and Sevco.

JohnMcM
19-02-2018, 07:24 PM

Oh! Good God Almighty!

I said in a previous thread about "when we expect good things from our team we get smacked in the mouth" (or words to that effect).

So, learning from many, many years of following this wonderful football club, I will be cautious and say ....................... 16points, with Killie being a 2-2 draw.

:flag:

Sammy7nil
19-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Strange I missed it when Killie turned in to Man City why does hardly any one fancy us to win there ?
Having g said that I will go for 10 -12 points :greengrin

SuperAllyMcleod
19-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Can anyone tell me why both Hibs and Hertz are both away from home this week?

Given that they switched to Murrayfield in order to play the Huns last time I thought they were all caught up with their mad fixture list?

southern hibby
19-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Right going to predict that Hibs will score at least 2 goals in each of the games before the split and think we’ll score 3 against Killie.

We really have an attacking team now with the jan signings. If we get a run of games with the starting 11 the same the team will bed in and actually do good.

GGTTH

Is It On....
19-02-2018, 09:43 PM

If the holy Trinity play every game I think we can finish second !!

SChibs
19-02-2018, 10:47 PM
I'll say 9, which means hearts would need to win all their games to catch us going into the split. Which I can't see happening

Sir David Gray
19-02-2018, 11:19 PM
I'll say 9, which means hearts would need to win all their games to catch us going into the split. Which I can't see happening

It's worth noting that if we do get 9 points from our next 6 matches and those points include a win or a draw against Hearts, we'll still be above them going into the split, even if they win all of their other matches.

So we can afford to lose as many as 3 of our next 6 games and still be guaranteed to be above Hearts! :greengrin

hibbysam
19-02-2018, 11:22 PM
It's worth noting that if we do get 9 points from our next 6 matches and those points include a win or a draw against Hearts, we'll still be above them going into the split, even if they win all of their other matches.

So we can afford to lose as many as 3 of our next 6 games and still be guaranteed to be above Hearts! :greengrin

Bugger that! We better be at least 15 clear as I’ve a decent wager on with a jambo pal that is looking rosy at this stage.

monktonharp
19-02-2018, 11:48 PM
most on here seem to expect us not to beat Killie. If we perform for 45mins , like we did last week in the second half, we will beat them well. I expect to win most of the rest, maybe a couple of draws

Nicho87
19-02-2018, 11:51 PM
We have in the main always pulled off big results against bigger teams. It's this set of fixtures upcoming which will really see how close we can push for second.

On current form a point at Killie wouldn't be the worst. Provided we follow it up with 2 home wins.

If we can get wins away at saints and county it could be special.

hibbysam
19-02-2018, 11:52 PM
most on here seem to expect us not to beat Killie. If we perform for 45mins , like we did last week in the second half, we will beat them well. I expect to win most of the rest, maybe a couple of draws

Of similar opinion. Hopefully first half though as it’ll knock the stuffing out of them, if they are solid for the first half they will grow in confidence. I also think they e played more games recently as they had Scottish cup and a rearranged league game and steve Clarke mentioned they were tired on Saturday. So blow them away early and watch them fade late on.

We will throw in a daft result, probably Home to Hamilton as usual.

The_Horde
20-02-2018, 12:43 AM
I'm personally saying 15.

We'll win them all, apart from maybe Killie this weekend, or St Johnstone.

If we win 6/6 I think that'll be some sort of record in recent times - 9 wins in a row? Ooft!

It's decent but it's not as good as 7 clean sheets. That wins you world cups.

monktonharp
20-02-2018, 01:09 AM
Of similar opinion. Hopefully first half though as it’ll knock the stuffing out of them, if they are solid for the first half they will grow in confidence. I also think they e played more games recently as they had Scottish cup and a rearranged league game and steve Clarke mentioned they were tired on Saturday. So blow them away early and watch them fade late on.

We will throw in a daft result, probably Home to Hamilton as usual.yes. that's what I am hoping for in the first half on Saturday:aok:

frazeHFC
20-02-2018, 07:57 AM
Hearts at home on a decent pitch and with Allan and Kamberi in the team, we'll have no trouble beating them.

ian cruise
20-02-2018, 08:02 AM
I think minimum I'd be happy with is ten points out of 6 games.

On paper we should beat all these teams but all it takes is for us not to turn up, someone like Hamilton or St Johnstone to raise their game (as they have a tendency to do, we're still seem as a big scalp and it's arguable we're the form team just now) or a flukey goal and then a frustrating day watching 11 men behind the ball. I'm expecting at least two draws.

HibeeHibernian4
20-02-2018, 08:40 AM
I really hope it's not the case, but people seem to forget that we have (both historically and recently) dropped silly points just when we least expect it. After our 4 games on the bounce in late October/early November this season, we then lost 2-1 at home to St Johnstone and drew 1-1 at Hamilton Accies, and went on to only win 2 out of our next 9.

The optimist in me hopes for 14, 15 or 16 points, obviously.

The realist thinks it'll be more like 11 or 12.

The worst scenario for me is that we fail to pick up more than about 6, and allowing Hearts to win at Easter Road.

I think we'll end up with about 11 out of 18, but I hope it's more. Just don't be surprised if a side like Thistle come to Easter Road and bowl us over when we least expect it.

SeanWilson
20-02-2018, 08:55 AM
Killie is dodgy as they've that horrendous pitch and no idea who starts for us. Saying that, we've the strength in depth to cope. Not sure the players will forget that Saturday feeling any time soon... beat Killie and absolutely no reason we don't take maximum. Bring it on!

GGTTH

SeanWilson
20-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Hearts at home on a decent pitch and with Allan and Kamberi in the team, we'll have no trouble beating them.

Personally think Alan is the key to us finally putting them to the sword. Just gotta try and ensure Levein doesn't have his legs broken in the first 5.

EH54
20-02-2018, 11:10 AM
Hamilton - 3 pts
Hearts - 3 pt
Partick - 3 pts
Killie - 0 pt
St Johnstone - 3 pt
Ross County - 1 pts

Just Jimmy
20-02-2018, 11:20 AM
maximum points. we are better than all of these sides.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
20-02-2018, 12:41 PM
Is it too optimistic to suggest we have the potential to achieve the same points tally that won us the Championship (71)? We get 15/18 here that puts us on 63 points pre-split...That really would be some achievement in our 1st season back up...wherever it sees us finish

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
20-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Strange I missed it when Killie turned in to Man City why does hardly any one fancy us to win there ?
Having g said that I will go for 10 -12 points :greengrinYup it's like the previous thread where absolutely nobody gave us a snowball's chance in hell of taking anything off Aberdeen at home

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1875M
20-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Kilmarnock - 3
St Johnstone - 1
Ross County - 1

Hamilton - 3
Hearts - 3
Partick - 3

Hibee87
20-02-2018, 12:48 PM
I think one of our biggest weaknesses against the smaller teams has been trying to break them down when up against a solid 9 men behind the ball, hopefully Allan keeps playing well and is that difference to opening up a tight unit as apposed to another draw where we dominate the ball.
Add in that kamberi and MacLaren have had postive starts I dont see why we cant go at least unbeaten till the split.

hibbysam
20-02-2018, 02:01 PM
12 including 3 against both hearts and Kilmarnock and we’ll be basically guaranteed 4th spot at worst. It would also leave us within touching distance of Aberdeen and rangers going into the split.

lyonhibs
20-02-2018, 02:05 PM
Minimum of 10, maximum of 13 points for me.

basehibby
20-02-2018, 02:41 PM
All these games are absolutely winnable - that said, football is rarely as true to form as all that - there are always usually upsets and unforseen dips.

So - I'll predict an upsurge in home form seeing 9 points out of 9 won from Hamilton, Hearts and Partick.

From the away games I'll predict a loss away to resurgent Killie, a win at St Johnstone and and a draw away to a Ross County fighting for their survival.

That would make 13 points out of 18. Would obviously love to see an 18 point haul which would probably move us into 2nd, but that would mean a run of wins such as I have never seen in all my time supporting Hibs (9 on the trot) and, much as I rate this team, I just can't see that happening (please prove me wrong!)

Geo_1875
20-02-2018, 02:55 PM
All these games are absolutely winnable - that said, football is rarely as true to form as all that - there are always usually upsets and unforseen dips.

So - I'll predict an upsurge in home form seeing 9 points out of 9 won from Hamilton, Hearts and Partick.

From the away games I'll predict a loss away to resurgent Killie, a win at St Johnstone and and a draw away to a Ross County fighting for their survival.

That would make 13 points out of 18. Would obviously love to see an 18 point haul which would probably move us into 2nd, but that would mean a run of wins such as I have never seen in all my time supporting Hibs (9 on the trot) and, much as I rate this team, I just can't see that happening (please prove me wrong!)

I agree all 3 home games should be wins.

If we play to our potential we're more than capable of winning the 3 away games. I think our midfield and forwards will be suited to playing on Killie's plastic pitch. As long as the defenders don't do anything stupid we should be able to take care of them. St Johnstone haven't been great recently apart from beating The Rangers and drawing with Celtc. We should take the points. Ross County has always been a difficult place to travel to but with this team I'll be disappointed if we can't tuck them away.

18 points.

danhibees1875
20-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Our points total in 04/05 was 61 when we finished 3rd. Presumably that's our best tally in the top league (it was only 2pts per win before 1994).

With 14 points to go, I'd fancy us for that which is a great achievement. :thumbsup:

In 04/05 we recorded 9 away wins, so far we've recorded 7. Again, a good chance to break what I'm assuming is a record, starting with a win on Saturday. :aok:

My_Wife_Camille
20-02-2018, 03:16 PM
Our points total in 04/05 was 61 when we finished 3rd. Presumably that's our best tally in the top league (it was only 2pts per win before 1994).

With 14 points to go, I'd fancy us for that which is a great achievement. :thumbsup:

In 04/05 we recorded 9 away wins, so far we've recorded 7. Again, a good chance to break what I'm assuming is a record, starting with a win on Saturday. :aok:
66 points in 00/01. Think it would take something special to top that!

danhibees1875
20-02-2018, 03:22 PM
66 points in 00/01. Think it would take something special to top that!

I forgot to check that year! Thanks for the correction.

:aok:

dp00
20-02-2018, 03:23 PM

18 points please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monts
20-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Interesting, that if the results turn out as predicted below (not exactly unreasonable);

Hibs pre split fixtures
Kilmarnock (A) - Draw
Hamilton (H) - Hibs Win
Hearts (H) - Hibs Win
St Johnstone (A) - Draw
Partick (H) - Hibs Win
Ross County (A) - Hibs Win

Hearts pre split fixtures
Rangers (A) - Hearts Loss
Kimarnock (H) - Draw
Hibernian (A) - Loss
Partick (H) - Hearts Win
Dundee (A) - Hearts win
Aberdeen (H) - Hearts Loss

Kilmarnock pre split fixtures
Hibernian (H) - Draw
Hearts (A) - Draw
St Johnstone (H) - Draw
Ross County (H) - Kilmarnock Win
Hamilton (A) - Kilmarnock Win
Rangers (A) - Kilmarnock Loss
Hamilton (H) - Kilmarnock Win
Partick (A) - Draw

The table would look like this by the split

Hibs - 61 pts
Kilmarnock - 48 pts
Hearts - 45 pts

We would be Guaranteed to finish above hearts regardless of split fixtures, and would only need 3 points after the split to guarantee 4th.

hibbysam
20-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Interesting, that if the results turn out as predicted below (not exactly unreasonable);

Hibs pre split fixtures
Kilmarnock (A) - Draw
Hamilton (H) - Hibs Win
Hearts (H) - Hibs Win
St Johnstone (A) - Draw
Partick (H) - Hibs Win
Ross County (A) - Hibs Win

Hearts pre split fixtures
Rangers (A) - Hearts Loss
Kimarnock (H) - Draw
Hibernian (A) - Loss
Partick (H) - Hearts Win
Dundee (A) - Hearts win
Aberdeen (H) - Hearts Loss

Kilmarnock pre split fixtures
Hibernian (H) - Kilmarnock Loss
Hearts (A) - Draw
St Johnstone (H) - Draw
Ross County (H) - Kilmarnock Win
Hamilton (A) - Kilmarnock Win
Rangers (A) - Kilmarnock Loss
Hamilton (H) - Kilmarnock Win
Partick (A) - Draw

The table would look like this by the split

Hibs - 61 pts
Kilmarnock - 47 pts
Hearts - 45 pts

We would be Guaranteed to finish above hearts regardless of split fixtures, and would only need 3 points after the split to guarantee 4th.

We would actually only need 1 point if it was against Killie.

Monts
20-02-2018, 03:36 PM
We would actually only need 1 point if it was against Killie.

Fair point :agree:

PatHead
20-02-2018, 03:47 PM
We are 15 points ahead of Motherwell and 20 ahead of St Johnstone (who have 2 games in hand).

Therefore if we win on Saturday we will be guaranteed a top 6 finish if my arithmetic is correct.

When you think this was a lot of fans target this season. Always wanted 4th at worst myself.

danhibees1875
20-02-2018, 03:51 PM
We are 15 points ahead of Motherwell and 20 ahead of St Johnstone (who have 2 games in hand).

Therefore if we win on Saturday we will be guaranteed a top 6 finish if my arithmetic is correct.

When you think this was a lot of fans target this season. Always wanted 4th at worst myself.

I think st js would still be able to catch us by winning all of their games and we lose all after Saturday.

PatHead
20-02-2018, 04:04 PM
I think st js would still be able to catch us by winning all of their games and we lose all after Saturday.

Let's just hope they don't win on Saturday then.:wink:

Brightside
20-02-2018, 04:08 PM
10 pts

hibbyfraelibby
20-02-2018, 04:11 PM
One game at a time please. We are currently cruising along nicely under everyones radar closing gaps ahead and putting clear water behind us. Lets just keep it cool and dont heap unnecessay pressure on the boys.

Oscar T Grouch
20-02-2018, 04:32 PM
While the puddledrinkers on kickback seem to be confident of beating us on 9th March their ticket sales would suggest otherwise. Today they lowered the loyalty points threshold from 65 to 50 for tickets to the derby :greengrin it seems the most loyal jambos dinae actually want to come and see their team getting severely humped under the lights at Easter Road, I am sure they will sell out, but it could go to a public sale :faf::faf:

Captain Trips
20-02-2018, 06:35 PM
Out of interest why can the fixtures during split not just be a continuation of Home Away ie we have been to Ibrox twice so game in split should be at ER or is it to do with equal amounts of Home Away matches?

Sir David Gray
20-02-2018, 06:39 PM
Out of interest why can the fixtures during split not just be a continuation of Home Away ie we have been to Ibrox twice so game in split should be at ER or is it to do with equal amounts of Home Away matches?

That's exactly why it is. Rangers should have every one of the teams which currently make up the top six away from home after the split so obviously that's not going to happen.

The preference is for each club to have 19 home and 19 away games. With the way the split works, it won't always be possible to play every team twice at home and twice away.

Keith_M
20-02-2018, 07:45 PM
4 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat

13 points.

Brooster
20-02-2018, 07:47 PM
Its nice to speculate but lets take 1 game at a time. We can do it.

BegbieHSC
20-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Speaking of the split, apparently due to the ranking system the SPFL adopt for this, we would only have 2 home games out of 5 - those being Sellic and Killie.

Apparently, using the formula, and the teams currently within the top 6, we would in turn be back to Ibrox, Pittodrie and Tiny.

And this is regardless of order pre-split between the top 6. Us and Killie are the lowest seeded, as it takes the ranking from last year - the other 3 have 3 home games.

Seems strange, but i'm more than up for rattling the huns for a third time at Ibrox.

Eyrie
20-02-2018, 11:26 PM
Speaking of the split, apparently due to the ranking system the SPFL adopt for this, we would only have 2 home games out of 5 - those being Sellic and Killie.

Apparently, using the formula, and the teams currently within the top 6, we would in turn be back to Ibrox, Pittodrie and Tiny.

And this is regardless of order pre-split between the top 6. Us and Killie are the lowest seeded, as it takes the ranking from last year - the other 3 have 3 home games.

Seems strange, but i'm more than up for rattling the huns for a third time at Ibrox.
Any idea how that would be affected by us only having 16 home games before the split?

Austinho
21-02-2018, 12:33 AM
Kilmarnock (Away) 1pt
Hamilton (Home) 3pts
Hearts (Home) 1pt
St Johnstone (Away) 1pt
Partick (Home) 3pts
Ross County (Away) 1pt

Think we have what it takes to remain unbeaten until the split, but can see a few potential banana skin results in there. It is the Hibs way after all! Kilmarnock are one of the form teams, so a point at Rugby Park wouldn’t be too bad. Think we’ll win our home games against Hamilton and Partick, but think this Hearts team will be set up with the directive to just ‘don’t lose at all costs’ by Levein. It will be a negative, scrappy, anti football affair from them and will end up frustrating us with a 0-0 draw. As struggling relegation candidates scrapping it out to avoid the drop, St Johnstone and Ross County are the type of games I can see us dropping points away from home.

Hope I’m wrong and we pick up a few more wins! We’re certainly capable of it ability wise.

Hibrandenburg
21-02-2018, 11:34 AM
On paper we could expect 18 pts, realistically I'll be surprised if we don't lose at least 1 game and draw 2.

patlowe
22-02-2018, 12:52 PM
While it's always fun to speculate, one thing that supporting Hibs has taught me is that events never turn out how we might be inclined to expect when looking ahead to fixtures in this way. Who would have predicted anything close to our points haul since the turn of the year after we were knocked out of the cup by Hearts? Conversely, after our first win at Ibrox we all looked to the upcoming fixtures and thought we would go on a winning run. What happened? Brought back down to earth with a bang by Hamilton. It's football - anything can happen.

Having said that, I will partake anyway :greengrin I would suggest Killie, Hearts and St Johnstone will be tough nuts to crack. All are likely to defend for their lives and could nick a point/win against us. Ross County away also jumps out to me as a potential banana skin if they are still in touch at the bottom. Hamilton and Partick should really be home wins, all things being well, but you just never know.

I'll go for:

Kilmarnock (Away) 3pts
Hamilton (Home) 3pts
Hearts (Home) 1pt
St Johnstone (Away) 0pts (reckon we're bound to lose unexpectedly somewere along the line)
Partick (Home) 3pts
Ross County (Away) 3pts

= 13 points

Wilson
24-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Having g said that I will go for 10 -12 points :greengrin

Killie ain't Man City. However, we are still hibs!

JohnMcM
24-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Oh! Good God Almighty!

I said in a previous thread about "when we expect good things from our team we get smacked in the mouth" (or words to that effect).

So, learning from many, many years of following this wonderful football club, I will be cautious and say ....................... 16points, with Killie being a 2-2 draw.

:flag:

Well, at least I got today's game right.