PDA

View Full Version : Fans have done wonders for this club

matty_f
19-02-2018, 01:14 PM
Reflecting on the thread about the players having done wonders for the club (which they undoubtedly have) I think it's important to also acknowledge the wonders done by the fans as well.

For all there are gripes about uber fans and part timers etc, the facts are that we are now enjoying the highest crowds at Easter Road in generations. We have come from a point where some people thought that building the East was a waste of time and money, to having to open up the South stand to accomodate the home fans as the 'sold out' signs are put up around the ground.

We've taken tens of thousands to Hampden on a regular basis, and even when criticised for not selling out the last time, our gate was still only marginally lower than the semi final the following day.

The support has been magnificent - season ticket sales are up, HSL contributions continue to back the club, and I would imagine that the merchandising sales are very healthy as well.

The team have done well and we have responded, and the more frequently we respond in numbers the better the chances of the on the pitch success being repeated - it's the upward cycle that Mowbray talked about when he came.

Easter Road was rocking on Saturday, coming away from the game and leaving into a big crowd of happy Hibee punters was fantastic, as it has been on a number of occassions over the last few years. The players, management, and board etc all deserve plenty plaudits and thanks for the change in the club, but so too do the supporters who have come flooding back, as well as those that never left.

GGTTH

hibsbollah
19-02-2018, 01:21 PM
:agree:

I've been unable to attend as often as I'd like to this season, but when I have been along, the contrast with the dark days of the Hamilton play-off, relegation and 7000 attendances at home league games, seem a lifetime ago. Its like a different club. I really ought to get me and the boy a season ticket for next season, whether I make all the games or not...

lapsedhibee
19-02-2018, 01:25 PM
Reflecting on the thread about the players having done wonders for the club (which they undoubtedly have) I think it's important to also acknowledge the wonders done by the fans as well.

For all there are gripes about uber fans and part timers etc, the facts are that we are now enjoying the highest crowds at Easter Road in generations. We have come from a point where some people thought that building the East was a waste of time and money, to having to open up the South stand to accomodate the home fans as the 'sold out' signs are put up around the ground.

We've taken tens of thousands to Hampden on a regular basis, and even when criticised for not selling out the last time, our gate was still only marginally lower than the semi final the following day.

The support has been magnificent - season ticket sales are up, HSL contributions continue to back the club, and I would imagine that the merchandising sales are very healthy as well.

The team have done well and we have responded, and the more frequently we respond in numbers the better the chances of the on the pitch success being repeated - it's the upward cycle that Mowbray talked about when he came.

Easter Road was rocking on Saturday, coming away from the game and leaving into a big crowd of happy Hibee punters was fantastic, as it has been on a number of occassions over the last few years. The players, management, and board etc all deserve plenty plaudits and thanks for the change in the club, but so too do the supporters who have come flooding back, as well as those that never left.

GGTTH

On yer bike.

It was an upward spiral that Mowbray talked about.

Agree with the rest but. :greengrin

Keith_M
19-02-2018, 01:31 PM
As somebody that started attending regularly at the beginning of the 80s, with a core home support of only about 5,000, I'm amazed at the size of the crowds we've been having in the last two seasons.

When I was a kid, I felt like ER was a lonely place, a massive, nearly empty stadium with only lingering memories of the glory days. It feels so different now that it's hard to put into words.

I have to laugh when the only thing we've got to 'complain' about are the empty seats in the FF Lower and the location of the Singing Section.

p.s. Wikipedia has our average home league attendance at 17,990 (taking into account saturday's attendance, not yet posted).

calumhibee1
19-02-2018, 01:53 PM
As somebody that started attending regularly at the beginning of the 80s, with a core home support of only about 5,000, I'm amazed at the size of the crowds we've been having in the last two seasons.

When I was a kid, I felt like ER was a lonely place, a massive, nearly empty stadium with only lingering memories of the glory days. It feels so different now that it's hard to put into words.

I have to laugh when the only thing we've got to 'complain' about are the empty seats in the FF Lower and the location of the Singing Section.

p.s. Wikipedia has our average home league attendance at 17,990 (taking into account saturday's attendance, not yet posted).

Average attendances larger than the stadiums capacity with the old east stand if that’s the case.

Hibbyradge
19-02-2018, 01:54 PM
The fans have responded to the team's performances and results, but spectacularly so.

I now genuinely think Hibs have a chance of winning every game, and I almost expect them to do so. Previously, I obviously hoped we'd win, but a loss wasn't a surprise. It is now.

I'm traveling up for the game again on Wednesday and staying overnight, plus I'll be there against hearts making it 3 home games in a row. I don't think I'd have gone to those lengths before so that tells you something about the match day experience these days.

Hibbyradge
19-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Average attendances larger than the stadiums capacity with the old east stand if that’s the case.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

Stevie Reid
19-02-2018, 02:16 PM

GGTTH

Well said, Matty - seasons like this are what makes going through all the tough times worthwhile.

Remember how the Jambos used to drone about "they'll never fill that stand" - have they managed to fill theirs yet?

I'm pretty sure a poster on here referred to the new East as a White Elephant more than once - building it, and for the price we did, has been brilliant for us. And might help nudge us ahead of Aberdeen when they have to start building their new stadium.

MB62
19-02-2018, 02:26 PM
http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

According to those stats, we are now not a kick in the backside off being double of what we were only TWO seasons ago :thumbsup:

MB62
19-02-2018, 02:30 PM
We were discussing in the pub after the game on Saturday, Rod is going to have a BIG decision to make pretty soon, given the number of fans attending Easter Road.
Do we go for filling in the corners, or should we be looking at building another tier on top of the stand already there? :wink: :thumbsup:

Jack
19-02-2018, 02:31 PM

GGTTH

Good post.

Is hope as the bigger crowds get more accustomed to being there your rocking will really step up a gear or three at it will be really rocking! I think we've got a lot of decibels to come :-)

SRHibs
19-02-2018, 02:33 PM
We were discussing in the pub after the game on Saturday, Rod is going to have a BIG decision to make pretty soon, given the number of fans attending Easter Road.
Do we go for filling in the corners, or should we be looking at building another tier on top of the stand already there? :wink: :thumbsup:

Think how good the place would look (and sound) with the corners filled in!

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
19-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Theae crowds are ace, but im against money being spent on any non essential infrastructure, probably until suxh times as our repayments to STF stop.

All money into the team, its time to try and build on solid foundations we have.

jacomo
19-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Good thread. Well done us :greengrin

Stevie Reid
19-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Theae crowds are ace, but im against money being spent on any non essential infrastructure, probably until suxh times as our repayments to STF stop.

All money into the team, its time to try and build on solid foundations we have.

Too right Keith, we'd need to have a full stadium for years to even think about building more space - and the only way that will happen is if the money being spent by fans is then spent on the team.

BSEJVT
19-02-2018, 04:14 PM
I don't know but rather suspect that the costs of building further onto ER would be incredibly expensive as whatever is required would need to be somehow joined onto the existing structures.

Even as a regular supporter of infrastructure projects and taking the long view, I would find it hard to support that at this time, unless we had a Tarquin Primrose or the like picking up the entire tab.

We need to provide the full size Indoor Training Pitch required for EM first anyway :-)

We should only ever IMO think about expansion of ER when we are sold out every game for 2 or 3 seasons consistently and with a waiting list for season tickets.

It would be interesting to see what happened to attendance numbers if we had a mediocre / poor season, but I will happily wait a long long time to have that question answered :-)

IGRIGI
19-02-2018, 04:20 PM
Need the corners built pronto for the Europa League group games followed by Champions League qualifiers with the rate of this upward spiral.

Johnny Clash
19-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Need the corners built pronto for the Europa League group games followed by Champions League qualifiers with the rate of this upward spiral.

Even just fill in the corner between the FF and the East. Could give you a decent safe standing area. Can’t imagine it would be hugely expensive and I’m sure it would prove to be very popular.

andybev1
19-02-2018, 05:12 PM
Think how good the place would look (and sound) with the corners filled in!

And it would not be so cold in the depths of winter with that wind (in the middle of the lower east anyway).

superfurryhibby
19-02-2018, 05:33 PM
The feelgood factor amongst the fans was brilliant after the game on Saturday. We've backed the club all the way and should be very proud of that.

As for filling in bits of the stadium etc, maybe for the future. Just now we still aren't able to match the Sheep and Hearts for wages, lets carry n invsting in the team and consider stadium expansion if we sustain these crowds over the next 5 years?

Islington Hibs
19-02-2018, 05:37 PM

That's my vintage to. At times it seemed the club was dying with poor crowds, no atmosphere and often a very negative vibe. The support has been astonishing. The cup win clearly, but other factors too, have re-kindled our belief and now,while, outside the big games, Easter Road can remain quiet, the degree of positivity and support has transformed the experience. The team has responded as others have said. These guys look like they really want the best for the club. We have had continuity of players (I think before relegation we had churned 100 journey men in just a few seasons) - who would have believed McGinn would still be here, for example, 3 years later, (previous Boards just took the money and ran) and a team who can pass, have grit and put proper effort in. No longer will prospective players think twice before joining the Hibs given all the failures and recriminations- they know we have a very large, positive support.

weecounty hibby
19-02-2018, 08:50 PM
It's ****ing rubbish. Took me an hour and a half to get home to the Wee *****y on Saturday after the game. Too many folk making the roads too busy. I long for those 7/8000 crowds. Seriously though, I am actually trying to manage my sons expectations that 20000 crowds and being serious contenders at the top of the league and for the cups may not be the norm. I really hope that it's not a false dawn but truly is just the upward spiral that we all want. In 45 years of following Hibs I have never experienced the levels of support, expectancy, enthusiasm, belonging, togetherness and excitement about the club. Long may it continue, it's a great time to be a Hibby

Danderhall Hibs
19-02-2018, 09:00 PM
It's ****ing rubbish. Took me an hour and a half to get home to the Wee *****y on Saturday after the game. Too many folk making the roads too busy. I long for those 7/8000 crowds. Seriously though, I am actually trying to manage my sons expectations that 20000 crowds and being serious contenders at the top of the league and for the cups may not be the norm. I really hope that it's not a false dawn but truly is just the upward spiral that we all want. In 45 years of following Hibs I have never experienced the levels of support, expectancy, enthusiasm, belonging, togetherness and excitement about the club. Long may it continue, it's a great time to be a Hibby

:agree: my youngest is 8 later this year and thinks this is the norm. Couldn’t believe we’d lost the last derby cos that’s not what we do.

poolman
19-02-2018, 10:46 PM

GGTTH

It must give the players a huge lift as well running out to these crowds compared to a few seasons ago

Hi Heid Yin
20-02-2018, 01:19 AM

GGTTH

:agree::agree::agree:

El Gubbz
20-02-2018, 05:09 AM

I’m no architect or surveyor but would it be possible to sink the pitch and add more rows at the front of the current stands? Seem to have loads of space between the stands and the pitch

El Gubbz
20-02-2018, 05:22 AM

Also, the population of Edinburgh is expected to grow by 120k by 2037 - they’re all gonna need somewhere to watch the football!

If we are getting crowds of 20k just now and the population of Edinburgh is 500k we are getting around 4% of Edinburgh into ER.

If we are to maintain that figure in 2037 we’ll need a 25k seater stadium.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-02-2018, 06:00 AM
Could you foresee a positions where the big games are played at Murrayfield for both Hearts and Hibs?

The precedent has kinda been set already - not like it’s going into the unknown.’if folks seem to be favouring at as a replacement for Hampden then why not consider it?

T He alternative is postential lost revenue - Hearts must have been the only club to actually generate more revenue (gate receipts) whilst their new stand was built.

Hiber-nation
20-02-2018, 06:14 AM
Could you foresee a positions where the big games are played at Murrayfield for both Hearts and Hibs?

No!

MB62
20-02-2018, 07:33 AM
I’m no architect or surveyor but would it be possible to sink the pitch and add more rows at the front of the current stands? Seem to have loads of space between the stands and the pitch

Also, the population of Edinburgh is expected to grow by 120k by 2037 - they’re all gonna need somewhere to watch the football!

If we are getting crowds of 20k just now and the population of Edinburgh is 500k we are getting around 4% of Edinburgh into ER.

If we are to maintain that figure in 2037 we’ll need a 25k seater stadium.

It's certainly going to be a problem that Rod is going to have to attend to in the not to distant future. Whilst the 'Wee team in Gorgie' are struggling to attract their 14,000, we really need to be looking at how we are going to fit every Hibs fan in to the ground. :greengrin

Greenworld
20-02-2018, 07:40 AM
I’m no architect or surveyor but would it be possible to sink the pitch and add more rows at the front of the current stands? Seem to have loads of space between the stands and the pitchDoubt it think it's space required for uefa compliance.
Now we will be in europe regularly.
It's my understanding that the club have looked at various options for the corners at the famous 5 end.
Hotels and the like have been spoken about.
standing areas at the two corners would be fantastic and are very nearly a requirement as the stadiam is running close to capacity

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Gatecrasher
20-02-2018, 08:15 AM
its been a fantastic effort by all to turn this club around, I hope we can continue the momentum into next season. A place in Europe would help.

Since90+2
20-02-2018, 08:31 AM
I'd be amazed if the club invested in stadium infrastructure to increase capacity at this time , possibly if crowds are holding up over the next 2 or 3 seasons they might look at it then.

Purely from a selfish point of view I think the corner of the East and FF filled in with safe standing and a supporters bar behind it would be incredible but I cant see it happening.

Johnny Clash
20-02-2018, 09:01 AM
... I think the corner of the East and FF filled in with safe standing and a supporters bar behind it would be incredible but I cant see it happening.

Looks like the corner between the FF and East has the most space too. The corner between FF and West is very limited so makes sense to keep the ‘pop up’ tv studio there.

Another additional benefit would be to stop the gusts of wind from the Firth of Forth funnelling in through that corner!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180220/c582df6f5ba5105831c16d9ffe8b1eca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacorosssco
20-02-2018, 09:48 AM
Great point/post.

I take my hat off to the younger support who grew up with little to cheer about but seem to turn out in droves. They also drive the atmosphere. If more generations continue the trend we will still grow in numbers and the club further benefits. Its great to sit in a big crowd at ER on match day and there is a real buzz around the stadium on match days now with bigger turn outs.Long may it continue. Scottish football is put down to easily. It is well supported for a country of our size.

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2018, 10:50 AM
We cant get complacent about our current attendances .... what we get just now to long suffering folk like me who have followed the club through thick and thin since the mid 70s isn't an upsurge .... its a bloody miracle :greengrin

The big question isn't how can we fit them all in? Its, how do we keep them coming if and when we hit a rocky patch? What we need to get to is a situation where we go from good 12,000 crowds dropping to 7 or 8,000 when we go through a rough patch to good 17,000 crowds dropping to 12 or 13,000 when the going gets tough.

That's how you build support for a club and make it more sustainable. Somebody has already made the point on here, and I've done it myself on other threads. The population of Edinburgh is set to grow considerably over the next few years and we have to be proactive in ensuring all these new people become good little Hibbies and are left in no doubt that being a Yam makes you smelly and unacceptable to any civilised society and looking west to the Ugly Sisters makes you 'lower than a snake's belly' as my dear old mum used to say.

When the feelgood factor of winning the cup and getting promoted wear off and the novelty of being back in the premiership wears off too ..... Then we will see exactly where we stand .... The uptake of season tickets for the 18/19 season will be a reasonable barometer of exactly where we actually do stand at the moment.

pacoluna
20-02-2018, 10:56 AM
Meanwhile hearts fans are struggling to sell out away allocation for 9th march. Took us 20 minutes.

CapitalGreen
20-02-2018, 11:01 AM

That would be awful.

Carheenlea
20-02-2018, 11:01 AM
Great point/post.

I take my hat off to the younger support who grew up with little to cheer about but seem to turn out in droves. They also drive the atmosphere. If more generations continue the trend we will still grow in numbers and the club further benefits. Its great to sit in a big crowd at ER on match day and there is a real buzz around the stadium on match days now with bigger turn outs.Long may it continue. Scottish football is put down to easily. It is well supported for a country of our size.

For the younger fans, I get the impression Hibs are the more fashionable of the two clubs to support. Nothing to do with success or whatnot, simply just the cooler of the two.

Sammy7nil
20-02-2018, 11:02 AM
I'd be amazed if the club invested in stadium infrastructure to increase capacity at this time , possibly if crowds are holding up over the next 2 or 3 seasons they might look at it then.

Purely from a selfish point of view I think the corner of the East and FF filled in with safe standing and a supporters bar behind it would be incredible but I cant see it happening.

Agree we have invested in the stadium and the training ground now is the time to concentrate fully on the pitch. If we do we will sell out and in time we can reinvest further on facilities but now it must be the team and nothing but the team :greengrin

Bostonhibby
20-02-2018, 11:08 AM

GGTTH

:top marks

Really encouraging signs, when we were up for the Motherwell game it was great to see the place really busy and for me more significantly my cousin who is a hun lite is going to ER and taking his daughters and my Sister in law who is a die hard hibby has her young daughter hooked which is infinitely more enjoyable as her husband is the family yam :greengrin

pacorosssco
20-02-2018, 11:09 AM
For the younger fans, I get the impression Hibs are the more fashionable of the two clubs to support. Nothing to do with success or whatnot, simply just the cooler of the two.

but Hibs have always been cool thats not a new thing:)

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2018, 11:25 AM
Looks like the corner between the FF and East has the most space too. The corner between FF and West is very limited so makes sense to keep the ‘pop up’ tv studio there.

Another additional benefit would be to stop the gusts of wind from the Firth of Forth funnelling in through that corner!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180220/c582df6f5ba5105831c16d9ffe8b1eca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its simple .. and I've told you all before so I don't get why this is even being discussed :greengrin

We extend the FF stand to meet the east and extend the lower deck of the south to do the same, that should add about 1000 to the capacity. We build a supporters bar in the FF / east corner to fill the gap and another building in the south / west corner, possibly with a dedicated TV studio. In the east / south corner we have a big TV screen and the same in the west / FF corner. We then extend the roofs of the FF and south out towards the byline.

And the East roof to meet the touchline if I had my way.

Roberts your uncle ... a 21,500 capacity stadium fully enclosed and as good as anything in the UK for its size. The whole lot shouldn't cost more than 10 million :greengrin

pacorosssco
20-02-2018, 11:34 AM
Its simple .. and I've told you all before so I don't get why this is even being discussed :greengrin

We extend the FF stand to meet the east and extend the lower deck of the south to do the same, that should add about 1000 to the capacity. We build a supporters bar in the FF / east corner to fill the gap and another building in the south / west corner, possibly with a dedicated TV studio. In the east / south corner we have a big TV screen and the same in the west / FF corner. We then extend the roofs of the FF and south out towards the byline.

Roberts your uncle ... a 21,500 capacity stadium fully enclosed and as good as anything in the UK for its size. The whole lot shouldn't cost more than 10 million :greengrin

you forgot 250,000k for famous five statue

NAE NOOKIE
20-02-2018, 11:38 AM
you forgot 250,000k for famous five statue

I will leave that to St Pats branch or the Hibs historical trust mate :greengrin IMO the best tribute we could pay to the Famous Five is to have the best medium sized stadium in the UK and if we could get all the stands joined up in the way I've outlined we wouldn't be far off that.

jacomo
20-02-2018, 11:48 AM

I mean, obvs.

Forcing your kid to wear maroon is abuse.

matty_f
20-02-2018, 12:13 PM
I wonder if the price point of the season tickets is also a factor in the big uptake. I think Hibs got it bang on this season, and it looks like lots of people feel the season tickets are value for money.

Deansy
20-02-2018, 12:18 PM

Younger fans won't support a club that has the fashion, elan and panache of a cardigan .......................

Bostonhibby
20-02-2018, 02:30 PM
Younger fans won't support a club that has the fashion, elan and panache of a cardigan .......................You'd think the string backed faux leather driving gloves and bingo night at the bowling club might win a few over though?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

WhileTheChief..
20-02-2018, 05:23 PM
I wonder if the price point of the season tickets is also a factor in the big uptake. I think Hibs got it bang on this season, and it looks like lots of people feel the season tickets are value for money.

Could be but I think it’s more to do with it being less hassle if you buy a ST instead of taking your chances on a game by game basis.

I’d imagine ST sales will be up next season for the same reason. Take the Aberdeen game as an example, a good few thousand walk ups that might decide to buy a ST next year.

I can’t see many ST holders not renewing either.

Could we hit 14-15k ST holders next year? I think we will.

matty_f
20-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Could be but I think it’s more to do with it being less hassle if you buy a ST instead of taking your chances on a game by game basis.

I’d imagine ST sales will be up next season for the same reason. Take the Aberdeen game as an example, a good few thousand walk ups that might decide to buy a ST next year.

I hope so, that would be fantastic.

hibsbollah
20-02-2018, 06:36 PM

Im in that boat. Will be getting a ST next season just on the basis that I can't stand missing out, particularly on derby tickets. Three seasons ago I thought I'd always get a good three seats together for most games just by walking up no problem. Now I know I have no choice but to buy one and I'm sure others will be the same.

Eyrie
20-02-2018, 07:51 PM

It's got to the stage that I'm considering a season ticket for the first time in almost twenty years, yet will probably only make 6-10 games.

inglisavhibs
22-02-2018, 10:48 PM
Agree we have invested in the stadium and the training ground now is the time to concentrate fully on the pitch. If we do we will sell out and in time we can reinvest further on facilities but now it must be the team and nothing but the team :greengrin

The mortgage payable to Tom Farmer still has a number of years to run (i think we still have around 6 years at £500k per annum). I wonder if we could set up a fans donation fund to pay at least a decent portion of this amount which would mean the income from our very healthy crowds would all be available for the team and running costs. I know that many fans can't afford any more payments after paying for a season ticket but given the current feel good factor, now would be a good time to give it a try. The saving would allow us to sign an additional 5 players on £2k per week.

bigwheel
23-02-2018, 02:49 AM
The mortgage payable to Tom Farmer still has a number of years to run (i think we still have around 6 years at £500k per annum). I wonder if we could set up a fans donation fund to pay at least a decent portion of this amount which would mean the income from our very healthy crowds would all be available for the team and running costs. I know that many fans can't afford any more payments after paying for a season ticket but given the current feel good factor, now would be a good time to give it a try. The saving would allow us to sign an additional 5 players on £2k per week.

We have it..it's called HSL.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

inglisavhibs
23-02-2018, 07:51 AM
We have it..it's called HSL.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is that specifically for reducing the mortgage or is it used for other running costs?

bigwheel
23-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Is that specifically for reducing the mortgage or is it used for other running costs?

no it isn't..but I believe (perhaps someone can confirm) that all goes to Hibs for player related investment..freeing up other funds for other costs...so has the same affect

Bostonhibby
23-02-2018, 08:08 AM
no it isn't..but I believe (perhaps someone can confirm) that all goes to Hibs for player related investment..freeing up other funds for other costs...so has the same affectCorrect

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

TObeachesHibby
23-02-2018, 08:10 AM
this is a great thread.:not worth
It is wonderful how the team and the fanbase has developed
We are coming over in late August to see what it is all about.
Been a wee while...:agree::wink:

Tha Cabbage Kid
23-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Do we go for filling in the corners, or should we be looking at building another tier on top of the stand already there? :wink: [emoji106]I think for me, we need to focus on keeping Lennon and all money goes to him. If mcginn goes, Dylan doesnt sign, Allan, kamberi, McLaren all go back we need to invest all what we will get for SJM back into the team!

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

JDHibs
23-02-2018, 02:28 PM
Wouldnt bother doing anything to the stadium until we are selling out every week, Hibs will have the same thoughts. No point, just a waste of money. Plus it wont be done until we are consistently selling out for 3 or 4 seasons.

For the next few years we should focus all attention on the pitch and consolidate where we are. Challenging for 2nd in the league whilst bringing through promising youngsters.

Eyrie
23-02-2018, 05:40 PM

no it isn't..but I believe (perhaps someone can confirm) that all goes to Hibs for player related investment..freeing up other funds for other costs...so has the same affect

We have to repay Farmer £500k (interest free) every year and that will be part of the club's budget. The money received from HSL is a bonus, so goes straight to the player funds.

23-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Hibs fans have been put through a lot. Finally we are starting to see better years and God knows we deserve it.

matty_f
23-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Hibs fans have been put through a lot. Finally we are starting to see better years and God knows we deserve it.

Would also be a good thread to recognise the part that those who participate in the Working Together groups have played. That level of engagement between the support and the Club has had a far more significant part to play in things than most would give them credit for.

jacomo
23-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Would also be a good thread to recognise the part that those who participate in the Working Together groups have played. That level of engagement between the support and the Club has had a far more significant part to play in things than most would give them credit for.

All those who give up their time for free to try and improve things at Hibs deserve thanks from the wider Hibs family.

I’ve never been able to attend a Working Together event but I’m full of admiration for those who do and follow the outcomes with interest.

WhileTheChief..
24-02-2018, 07:03 AM
The wider Hibs family probably doesn’t know that the Working Together group exists!

I’ve heard them mentioned on here but have absolutely no idea who they are or what they do / have done.

Happy to thank them for, erm, whatever though. Keep it up :not worth