PDA

View Full Version : Funniest fan shouts

hughio
19-02-2018, 01:19 PM
On another thread someone suggested Fan Shouts should get its own thread.

Last season at Dumbarton a refined Irish voice boomed out behind me to everyone's amusement
"Come on Hibernian..this is MEDIOCHRE"

Sauzee16
19-02-2018, 01:23 PM
I remember about 15 years ago at Rugby Park we went 1-0 up and about 10 mins later some elderly chap arose and randomly shouted "you're no laughing now Killie crowd"

Maybe you had to be there :greengrin:greengrin

Coults1875
19-02-2018, 01:36 PM
Was at a local Accies match back in the day (free match tickets with school)

An older guy sitting right at the front shouts at the top of his voice "C'mon the real hoops!" Made me laugh and i can still remember it 10+ years later :greengrin

A more recent-ish one was when i was sitting at the East during the butcher era. It was close to our relegation when a guy throws his season ticket and scarf pitch-wards then shouts "there's only 1 Kevin Thomson" but in the middle he loses his voice and squeaks out the shout :faf:

overdrive
19-02-2018, 01:41 PM
At the match on Saturday, Scott Allan comes over to take a corner. "Brilliant, Scotty", "Welcome back", etc. He takes the corner - "Well done.... JUDAS" in a jokey way though :greengrin

Bostonhibby
19-02-2018, 01:42 PM
I remember us playing someone in the late 70's or early 80's an away game. Their sponsor was Tractor Shovels, when their name was announced a couple of guys in front of us instantly started singing you can stick you tractor shovels up your erse. I think we were at tiny.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

LEaston87
19-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Back in 1999/2000 I remember a Hibs v Dundee game at Easter Road, someone in the East behind me shouted at Willie Falconer, "Falconer, you're a bird". It was funny at the time.

superbam
19-02-2018, 01:46 PM
"Alex Cleland, I can see your pants!"

:dunno:

Greentinted
19-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Game at Brockville, mid-80s and some bloke was giving the linesman absolute pelters (bearing in mind the enclosure was very close to the pitch, almost touching distance). On and on the grief was relentlessly dished out, until thankfully (for the linesman) half-time was welcomed.
Into the second half and almost immediately the same linesman flags for an obvious offside and the angry voice erupted again, “Hoi, Linesman...” the offending official turned with a puzzled look on his face, the tone of the abuser changed to frivolous benevolence, “you’re doing much better now!”

LustForLeith
19-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Hibs v West Ham when one of my mates shouted “Hartson ya English c***!”

For a brief moment everyone who heard it in the East Terracing thought my mate knew something that no one else knew. Then a chorus of folk pointed out my mates mistake

Peevemor
19-02-2018, 01:59 PM
I remember being in the old North enclosure for an incredibly dull league cup group match in the early 80s. Hibs had already used both subs when Arthur Duncan took a knock to an ankle with about 15 minutes left. The physio strapped it up (over sock & boot) and left Arthur to limp around for the remainder of the game. The bandage eventually came undone and a guy behind me shouted "Duncan, you're hobbling aboot there like the f***in' Andrex puppy". Given that there were only about 3k in the ground and Arthur was about 5 yards away he couldn't help but hear.

hughio
19-02-2018, 02:01 PM
"Come on Hibernian ..show some GUMPTION"

The lady with loudest voice in lower West.

:aok:

matty_f
19-02-2018, 02:03 PM
There's an old boy that sits at the back of the West upper (between hospitality and the FF end) who shouts every match at the referee but with truly awful insults. Things like "learn the rules" etc. They're funny for being so bad.

At my old seat in the West Lower, there was a great shout at the linesman (decked in red) who was having a howler. "Linesman, stand still - you're more use as a postbox!". :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
19-02-2018, 02:10 PM
Fat bald guy that sits a few seats along from me was giving a tirade of abuse to the ref shortly before we got relegated. The guy got himself into such a tizz over the decision and got his words mixed up shouted “AWAY AND GET **** TAE YERSEL”

You had to be there...

JDHibs
19-02-2018, 02:11 PM
Guy at Dunfermline away last year continued the same shout every time the ball was in the air -

"come on Hibs, 1st ball, 2nd ball, 3rd ball, 4th ball, 5th ball"

Then proceeded to shout -

"come on you with the ginger hair" (Fyvie) Figured he was a top fan after that..

Hibbyradge
19-02-2018, 02:12 PM
A Hibs player, the identity of whom I can't remember, had the ball in the middle of the park, but there wasn't much movement up ahead so he accelerated a bit and clearly intended to go for goal.

I shouted, "Oh Dinny f***ing shoot...GOAL!"

:faf:

matty_f
19-02-2018, 02:17 PM
A Hibs player, the identity of whom I can't remember, had the ball in the middle of the park, but there wasn't much movement up ahead so he accelerated a bit and clearly intended to go for goal.

That happened in pre-season at East End Park. Boy behind me started having a go at Boyle for taking a touch in the box, just as Boyle slips the ball past the keeper to score.

In fairness to the guy he said "What do I know?" and had a laugh about it. Couldn't have timed it better.

Mick O'Rourke
19-02-2018, 02:21 PM
No so much funny shouts but some memory recall and a memorable character
Back in the 60s, i mind a great character called Willie.
Came fae Pilton/Muirhouse area.
Older Gunner guys will mind him.
You heard Willie before you seen him,Hibs daft.
Its all he spoke about .....The Hibs !
He had an alsatian dog named "Rebel"
I think he used to take it to some home games!
Barking mad... Willie, no the dug!
Anyway ,Willie's shouts included

"Come on the Hibernian FC Football Club!"

"Cmon the colour of the grass"

Some other shouts,though "funny" in that era,unprintable today.
I think even Rebel cringed !

Another one, that wisnae exclusive tae Willie,was being critical of any particular striker who was having a "bad game"

"Away ye go[players name].Ye couldnae score in a brothel wae a handfae o fivers and a doctors certificate".

Back in the sixties at the Holy Ground, it still being a big stadium with the huge main terracing, it wisnae unknown for there to be crowds as low as 3/4 thousand.
You could hear every shout.
The ground then could be like an echo chamber.
The players could certainly hear the critics as well.

One story goes that when Bertie Auld played wae Hibs, he was recovering from an injury and was in a game for the reserve team at home.
A guy in the old enclosure was continually giving Bertie dogs abuse for some reason.
Bertie heard every comment,as this guys verbals could be heard all around
He eventually went over (or maybe jumped over) the enclosure wall and said tae the guy (wae a smile)
"Me and you outside efter the game,pal.!

headshrinker
19-02-2018, 02:22 PM
A good few years back, sitting behind the goals at Tanadice, a guy shouts “Get back to the hills have eyes ya baldy barsteward” at the referee John Rowbotham. Laughed so much I missed a few minutes of the game with the tears in my eyes.

SirDavidsNapper
19-02-2018, 02:22 PM
i remember someone in the opposition team got a yellow card. From where i was sitting in the old east, in the low sun it looked like a red. I was the only one who over celebrated the yellow card. Very embarrassing and got some strange looks.

calumhibee1
19-02-2018, 02:31 PM
Guy was getting searched outside the East Stand a few seasons ago. He asked the steward why and he said “it’s for flares”. The boy replied instantly “Flair? There’s been nae flair doon this way for years.”

The_Horde
19-02-2018, 02:33 PM
Not especially funny but there's a bunch of guys behind me in the west that always do what appears to me as some outdated Michael Jackson Impressions. There was a balding ginger guy with them last season who was the worst culprit but he appears to have disappeared this season, overheard a conversation between them about court so maybe he's in jail.

They also appear to dislike the west stand which I find odd.

tam4hibs
19-02-2018, 02:37 PM
I had a rant about short corners at the Scotland v Ireland game a couple of years ago. I shouted to the high heavens to stick it in the box as short corners were rotten; only for us to score one the the best short corner routines I've ever seen.

Took some stick afterwards

Hibbyradge
19-02-2018, 02:40 PM
Does anyone remember the guy who used to continually tell all the passengers upstairs on the number 1 bus that "I'm a Hibby"?

This wasn't on match days. :hilarious

Mainstandman
19-02-2018, 02:48 PM
I'm sure it was an old BP youth cup game and john rowbottom game running over to the east terrace. To run the line. 'Its beaker from the muppets' came the shout.

BegbieHSC
19-02-2018, 02:50 PM
THe other week: Kamberi gets tackled, I hear behind be '**** SAKE STOKES!!!'

hibernia_inn
19-02-2018, 03:25 PM

Another one, that wisnae exclusive tae Willie,was being critical of any particular striker who was having a "bad game"

"Away ye go[players name].Ye couldnae score in a brothel wae a handfae o fivers and a doctors certificate".

Back in the sixties at the Holy Ground, it still being a big stadium with the huge main terracing, it wisnae unknown for there to be crowds as low as 3/4 thousand.

One story goes that when Bertie Auld played wae Hibs, he was recovering from an injury and was in a game for the reserve team at home.
A guy in the old enclosure was continually giving Bertie dogs abuse for some reason.
He eventually went over (or maybe jumped over) the enclosure wall and said tae the guy (wae a smile)

I'm sure Wullie Grady had a dug named Rebel.

SRHibs
19-02-2018, 03:29 PM

I’ve got a habit of doing this. The first time must’ve been when Townsley played for us. I’d brought my school mate along for the first time and was in the process of telling him Townsley was a complete donkey, he then proceeds to score from about 25 yards.

I should just keep my mouth shut at the football!

WoreTheGreen
19-02-2018, 03:32 PM
Heard “ Malonga you couldn’t control your your your emotions

Aim Here
19-02-2018, 03:34 PM
I’ve got a habit of doing this. The first time must’ve been when Townsley played for us. I’d brought my school mate along for the first time and was in the process of telling him Townsley was a complete donkey, he then proceeds to score from about 25 yards.

If there's a correlation between you badmouthing Hibs players and them scoring immediately afterwards, I recommend you keep doing it.

Mick O'Rourke
19-02-2018, 03:42 PM

The very man
Ma cousin Tommy Flynn (originally fae The'Market)used tae drink wae Willie and his brother John in the Gunner and The Doocot
I knew them both well too.
Comical trio they were over a game of dominoes!
Hibernians to a man!

Cabbage East
19-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Boy behind me in the east a few years back. Opposition player going OTT with the shirt pulling on one of our players, guy shouts out, "ref, he's trying to get his hands on the famous green and white jersey!"

Doesn't sound that funny written out but the boys delivery was bang on and everyone was pissing themselves.

kevo1875
19-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Hibs v barcelona at murrayfield and Messi puts a shot over the bar and a voice behind me shouts " you should practise your finishing wee man "

bigwheel
19-02-2018, 03:49 PM
Years ago....think it would be around 83/84...Scotland were playing Holland in a friendly at Hampden. Iirc it was the time of the emergent of Guillit and Van Basten Et al....I was in , what was then the traditional Rangers end....and early in the game we were under a bit of an early assault from the Dutch team....one of the locals in the terracing, forgetting where he , referring to the colour of their shirts, shouted.."c'mon Scotland, get in to these Orange *******s....". Then quickly added to those around him, currently glaring at him..."sorry, boys....".. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

seanshow
19-02-2018, 03:55 PM
I'l go for one from the Nineties "Your effin s***e Hateley ya long haried baldy B*****D!" @ Mark Hateley v Rangers at Easter Road.

HibsNutter
19-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Hibs v barcelona at murrayfield and Messi puts a shot over the bar and a voice behind me shouts " you should practise your finishing wee man "

We are so lucky to have seen the wee man play against us. Will never forget that.

Not a hibs fan, but the funniest I've seen was the famous 'same old alloa, always cheating' from the Rangers fan on posted on Twitter.

B.H.F.C
19-02-2018, 04:12 PM
Alloa away a couple of years back and the guy along from us shouts ‘Come on Hibs, get in to these Clackmannanshire B******s’.

Found that a pretty random shout.

Alfiembra
19-02-2018, 04:12 PM
Heard a story on the radio years ago it was an Italian restaurant owner in Glasgow had friends and family over from Italy for a Scotland v Italy match at Hampden. This took place around the time when John Greig & Billy McNeill were playing.

For those that don't go that far back they were both grade A cloggers took/ball player and all every tackle.

After several meaty challenges from the Scotland players the Italians were getting agitated at the rough treatment and all started shouting and complaining, shouting in Italian "Animali, Animali"

There was no segregation and the restaurant owner told his friends to calm it down what they were saying was almost the same in English and all the bears around them could understand.

His friends all nodded and next dirty challenge they all jumped up shouting "B@$$tardi, B@$$tardi"

Mick O'Rourke
19-02-2018, 04:17 PM

I know the feeling
After the 0-7 game,our next fixture against the not so noisy and famous neighbours was the following season in Sept at tiny
I went along with 2 cousins (Hibs Fans) who were back home in Edinburgh for a holiday.having emigrated to the US many years before.
I was waxing lyrical about The Tornadoes and what we were going to do to hertz that day.
We got beat 4-1 and i was left speechless for the rest of the night.
I had no excuses to come up with for the performance.
(not a mean feat for me )
Another one
I took an older Hibernian who had not been to Easter Road for many years (mobility issues) to the Malmo game
My friend was in Middletons before half time.
I think he moved quicker than the Hibs team did that night and he was in his late 70s
He said tae me "thanks for the invite Michael. Dinnae ask me again !
Only positive that night was....
We stayed in Middletons till shutting time and he paid for a taxi back tae Clerry.

WoreTheGreen
19-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Semi at tiny Murphy lines up a free kick “Ffs dinny let him take it———/goal

Nakedmanoncrack
19-02-2018, 04:24 PM
"Come on Hibernian ..show some GUMPTION"

The lady with loudest voice in lower West.

:aok:

:agree:

That's the favourite one I think, though she's got a few others - miss sitting near her in the West now that I've migrated to the FF Lower, sadly she is now out of earshot.

Hibby70
19-02-2018, 04:25 PM
Coming out of Tannadice quite a few years ago.

Guy shouts '**** off ya Fife *******s" to some Utd fans.

???

CropleyWasGod
19-02-2018, 04:30 PM
:agree:

That's the favourite one I think, though she's got a few others - miss sitting near her in the West now that I've migrated to the FF Lower, sadly she is now out of earshot.

Think I know her.

She's the politest fan in ER. When the rest of us are singing "Hi-bernian, F O Midlothian...", she'll be singing "Go away Midlothian".

:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
19-02-2018, 04:34 PM
The one I remember is from the old North Stand years ago.

The guys there were notoriously hard to please. One game, their negativity p'd off one guy so much that he stood up, and roundly addressed the rest of the crowd...

"Yiz are aw nihilists!!!"

greenginger
19-02-2018, 04:44 PM
One from an away match against St Mirren at the old Love street back in the 70's.

Not much action from either team in the first 20 minutes and an old local belts out,

" Com'on Saints, I've seen more life in a lodgin' Hoose blanket "

WoreTheGreen
19-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Against killie? Ball goes into the crowd a boy throws the ball back to the guy waiting to take the throw in he misses his catch someone says “ youll never get a game in any basketball team” just as 7ft sub runs past almost everyone said “ he would “

CockneyRebel
19-02-2018, 04:58 PM
On another thread someone suggested Fan Shouts should get its own thread.

Last season at Dumbarton a refined Irish voice boomed out behind me to everyone's amusement
"Come on Hibernian..this is MEDIOCHRE"

At Berwick Rangers for a New Year match during one of our earlier relegation episodes a hibby supporter was very loudly swearing at the ref - " referee you effin barsteward". A polis came over and told him to stop swearing or he'd be thrown out. Minutes later it came again "referee you effin barsteward", then as the polis strode menacingly toward him again he shouted out "sorry officer - he's just an ordinary barsteward". The polis joined in the laughter and the hibby got away with it.

Speedway
19-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Fir Park 1991

Billy ‘the fish’ Thompson is in nets for the mothers at the Hibs end.

He goes to take a goal kick and the shout comes out ‘Billy Thompson - Scotland’s number....TWENTY’ which got a laugh.

Easter Road 1989 or 1990

Alan ‘the model’ Sneddon had uncharacterisically scored twice in a league cup game against Alloa or someone the previous match and when he received the ball, no matter where on the pitch, the shout went up ‘SHOOT!’

That lasted the entire ‘90 minutes.

snedzuk
19-02-2018, 05:06 PM
In the old enclosure - shed end -under whats now the west upper big glaswegian hibby who stood behind me (Alistair something) shouted out - just at the exact moment the fan noise died down - 'its amazimg what the sight of a mutton bayonet will do to a woman' - why he did that - (shout out that is) I have no idea!

Hibbyradge
19-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Against killie? Ball goes into the crowd a boy throws the ball back to the guy waiting to take the throw in he misses his catch someone says “ youll never get a game in any basketball team” just as 7ft sub runs past almost everyone said “ he would “

:hilarious

Sexton
19-02-2018, 05:11 PM
Rougier! Git back tae China!

Hibbyradge
19-02-2018, 05:11 PM
In the old enclosure - shed end -under whats now the west upper big glaswegian hibby who stood behind me (Alistair something) shouted out - just at the exact moment the fan noise died down - 'its amazimg what the sight of a mutton bayonet will do to a woman' - why he did that - (shout out that is) I have no idea!

WoreTheGreen
19-02-2018, 05:16 PM
“Hey you(opposition player) 100,000 wouldney buy you and i’am one o them” stolen from Shankley but still funny

Lester B
19-02-2018, 05:22 PM
Aberdeen game when Mowbray was in charge. Won 2-1 with a cracking Glass goal. We scored first. When they equalised one of their players leapt up and swung on the crossbar. Guy behind me shouts "Aye you swing on the bar, you bar swinging *******"

hibby6270
19-02-2018, 05:22 PM
OK - not an individual fan shout - but “booked for being ugly, you got booked for being ugly” song that rang out from The East shortly after Steve Fulton got a yellow card still lives in the memory. :greengrin

brianmc
19-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Warning: 18 Certificate 😉

Old East, around 2007, during the pre match warm up v St Mirren.

Saints player Will Haining had just married former (ahem) page 3 "Glamour Model Michelle Marsh....

Shout from the East: Haw Haining! Av c*m on yer wife's t***

He wisnae best pleased 🤣

Brunswickbill
19-02-2018, 05:31 PM
I remember back in the 70’s a chap standing next to me was a bit disgruntled with Willie Murray who was a bit tardy in beating his man. The fella was complaining shouting repeatedly “Murray - will ye quit stalling!.” After this having had no effect, exasperated he appealed to the crowd
shouting “I I cannae stand guffies that winnae quit
stallin’.” I sort of agreed with him.

Kato
19-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Years ago....think it would be around 83/84...Scotland were playing Holland in a friendly at Hampden. Iirc it was the time of the emergent of Guillit and Van Basten Et al....I was in , what was then the traditional Rangers end....and early in the game we were under a bit of an early assault from the Dutch team....one of the locals in the terracing, forgetting where he , referring to the colour of their shirts, shouted.."c'mon Scotland, get in to these Orange *******s....". Then quickly added to those around him, currently glaring at him..."sorry, boys....".. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me and a pal were at Scotland v Peru, maybe a wee bit earlier than the above fixture. Davie Cooper was have a mare and after, another, misplaced pass we both shouted reasonably mild abuse, simultaneously at him. Cue about 15 huns surrounding us, kicking, punching in the ribs and telling us in no uncertain terms that, paraphrasing here, Cooper was "a fine British fellow who played for a great team supported by HM The Queen." A little funny but no really as we took a pasting before managing to extricate ourselves.

beensaidbefore
19-02-2018, 05:43 PM
When he was taking a throw-in in front of east, some delightful chap m shouted from about 2 feet 'Michael Mols, your wife looks like a ****ing elephant!' Not exactly pleasant, but hilarious at the time.

Golden Bear
19-02-2018, 05:46 PM

I seem to remember this guy. Did he used to wear a huge grey raincoat/overcoat? You often heard him before you seen him!

hfc rd
19-02-2018, 05:48 PM
We were playing Maribor at ER in the EL and were getting outclassed and losing. Some guy behind me stands up and screams... “Come on Hibs, they’re f****** s****”. What game was he watching? The old guy in front of me couldn’t stop laughing 😂

Golden Bear
19-02-2018, 05:50 PM
A Hibs player was having difficulties with his corner kicks, and a fellow Hibs fan bellowed out "Away ya c*** you couldnae cross the effin road."

And one from East End Park from a rather inebriated Hibby "Come on Hibs, get intae they Fifers ----------------- frae Fife!

:greengrin

James70
19-02-2018, 06:02 PM
George Best's first game at ER, he puts in a great cross which leads to nothing. Cue the shout, hey George, that's Tony Higgins your passing to, no Denis Law.

Hermit Crab
19-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Someone posted a beauty a while back about a shout regarding a players rather dubious haircut - possibly a perm or mullet, it was a belter but I cant remember what they posted, perhaps they can remind us?

Mick O'Rourke
19-02-2018, 06:11 PM
I seem to remember this guy. Did he used to wear a huge grey raincoat/overcoat? You often heard him before you seen him!

Thats the very man.
It might have been one of those army/navy store numbers people wore back then.
Seems a few remember Willy.
Willy liked everbody,as long as they supported Hibernian.
Willie could come oot wae some crackers and one liners,intentional or otherwise.

His brother Johnny was a decent amateur boxer.
He had a boxers nose.
Willy had an republican alsatian !
Although the dug was likely named in deference to Eric Stevenson.

One time at Kimarnock
He (Willie, no the dug) got lifted/thrown oot for chanting "Harry Roberts Harry Roberts oi oi oi" tae the polis in Rugby Park.
Many others were chanting it.
The polis maybe thought Willie, being much older,must have been the ringleader of the "singing section";-)
Older Hibernians will know the relevence of the Harry Roberts shout back then to get at the polis.
If anyone doesn't. Google the name.

Kilmarnock back then was one of the worst away grounds to visit for Hibernians
Buses aye goat tanned doon there.

ancient hibee
19-02-2018, 06:16 PM
This one is funny peculiar rather than funny haha.A cup replay against Raith in the fifties(lost).Queuing for the train home and the team arrives and a fan shouts “Shaw you couldnae pick a team of ostriches “.Helped pass the time as we debated what he meant.

My favourite at ER was after Baker(Joe) and McLeod (Johnny) were re placed by Baker(Gerry)and McLeod (Ally,known as Ali the wicked).After Gerry put one over the bar from 18 inches and lay beating the turf with his fists in frustration,a frequent occurrence, a guy near me shoute”hey Gerry will it help if we call you Joe “.

ChicoM1875
19-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Can't remember the team we played. Possibly St Mirren. They had a player with the surname Allison come over to take a throw in right in front of the old East stand.

Went quiet and some fella shouted loudly "Allison's a girl's name". Childish but effective.

Skol
19-02-2018, 07:14 PM
My mate was trying to describe an incident in the pub from the previosu weeks game and was getting a bit worked up while explaining. He tried to say the incident was 'No holds barred' but instead blurted out ' No Whore's Bald'

Fife-Hibee
19-02-2018, 07:17 PM

Hey mick ‘ some good memories there. John was my uncle great guy and Willie his brother was some character as you say Hibs daft! Remember when the gunner bus was heading to Wembley in 1979 Willie just happened to be passing when they all shouted “ WILLIE GET IN !! And he duly did! He then turned round to Rebel and said “ GO TO UNCLE JOHN’S
And he duly did ! 😂 there was so many story’s ! Willie was some man ! One of the finest characters down there back in the day ! Everybody knew him ! God bless them both and Rebel 😉

JohnMcM
19-02-2018, 07:39 PM
In the Shed, versus Smeltic, Yogi Hughes piles into Bobby Duncan, Bobby gets stretcheted off.

A very memorable long serving Hibby, who was usually filled with about 10 pints of heavy, turns to look upwards back up to us in the shed and at the top of his very slurred voice, shouts.............................

The fu@@ing fu@@er has fu@@ing fu@@ked the fu@@ers leg!

He was correct! Hughes broke Bobby Duncan's leg.

Fife-Hibee
19-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Always like the line ( couldnae trap a bag o cement ) 🤣

gordonced18
19-02-2018, 07:57 PM
I remember being in the old North stand, Hibs v Motherwell, John Cusack misses a decent chance for them followed by the shout «Cusack..... mare like Coo *****» made us all laugh

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
19-02-2018, 08:06 PM
The one I remember is from the old North Stand years ago.

The guys there were notoriously hard to please. One game, their negativity p'd off one guy so much that he stood up, and roundly addressed the rest of the crowd...

"Yiz are aw nihilists!!!"

...and we have a winner😁
Mine was at Perth a couple of years ago: the game was abandoned at half time due to heavy snow. During the first half blizzard, the ball was blootered high up into the air and, quick as a flash, a wee gadgey shouted out, “ ... that’s gonnae come doon wi snaw oan it!” Everyone around him creased themselves. Like some others, maybe you had to be there.

highland hibbee
19-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Aye it’s Anne you’re on about.
shes originally from a wee place called Kinlochiel.
married to a very well known vehicle upholsterer.
cut them and they will bleed green and white.
great friends of mine.

CropleyWasGod
19-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Aye it’s Anne you’re on about.
shes originally from a wee place called Kinlochiel.
married to a very well known vehicle upholsterer.
cut them and they will bleed green and white.
great friends of mine.Know them well [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

WoreTheGreen
19-02-2018, 08:20 PM
To a fullback “you wouldny make the back of a waistcoat “

highland hibbee
19-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Aye mate, for some reason I can’t reply with quote.
i had found a duffel coat in the cupboard that I hadn’t worn for years, wore it to a midweek, midwinter 98/99 away game against Morton, we won 3 zip, anyway I bumped into Anne and Billy before the game, and quick as a flash she says “ crikey it’s Terry Christie’s on a spying mission “ those older readers will know the connection between TC and the duffel coat

madsen5
19-02-2018, 08:34 PM
Aye mate, for some reason I can’t reply with quote.
i had found a duffel coat in the cupboard that I hadn’t worn for years, wore it to a midweek, midwinter 98/99 away game against Morton, we won 3 zip, anyway I bumped into Anne and Billy before the game, and quick as a flash she says “ crikey it’s Terry Christie’s on a spying mission “ those older readers will know the connection between TC and the duffel coat
Heard someone shout to Tony Higgins gies
Some o yer magic Tony disappear.

ancient hibee
19-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Couldnae tackle a fish supper.

chinaman
19-02-2018, 08:58 PM
guy in the east on saturday kept calling mackay-stevens a lesbian

Fanforlife
19-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Think I may take the prize for the stupidest one,playing Aberdeen back in the day when my dulcet tones erupted with Mcleish your a useless ******.Mate I was with tapped me on the back and said you do realise your names Mcleish anaw!!!!😂

Is It On....
19-02-2018, 09:10 PM
"Houchen your'e sh#te" at Fir Park..standing beside mesh on the half way line separating Hibs and Motherwell fans. Don't remember the score but the guy that shouted it was 100% on the money!!

rodhibs55
19-02-2018, 09:10 PM
I recall when Andy Goram was reported as having physiological issue. The shout was
There's only 2 Andy Gorams

Off the bar
19-02-2018, 09:11 PM
When he was taking a throw-in in front of east, some delightful chap m shouted from about 2 feet 'Michael Mols, your wife looks like a ****ing elephant!' Not exactly pleasant, but hilarious at the time.

The Aberdeen fans used to sing 'I'd rather **** a sheep than Mrs Mols'

Bristolhibby
19-02-2018, 09:25 PM

Or keep talking please.

J

No.10
19-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Someone in the old East to Paul Kane on his return to ER as an Aberdeen player - f!*^ off Kano ya Hibby b*****d.

West Upper
19-02-2018, 09:39 PM
At Alloa a couple of years ago, Hibs are defending a corner and the linesman says into his microphone to the ref “Watch the Hibs Number 5 for Holding” that’s when the guy next to shouts “Shut Up you F*****g grass”

Wee Effen Bee
19-02-2018, 09:43 PM
The Aberdeen fans used to sing 'I'd rather **** a sheep than Mrs Mols'

...GMS is a lesbian.
Warning: sad, boring and moaning auld git alert...
Neither of which are particularly funny 😶. I remember being in the pub before a Hibs game when some fans were slagging Mols’ wife who was on a news report. They were calling her a dog and fat orangutan or ‘orange utan’ As one wag guffawed! When comments like these arise, I always wonder what the females in our support are thinking. Overweight, balding toothless, under-educated drunk guys slagging off a female because of her perceived looks. Mental! I personally like comments which are quick and funny in their own right and don’t rely on slagging people off for the sake of it. I feel the same frustration when Hibbies give their own players dogs abuse, especially if it’s on a personal level. Rant over - more funny quips required now I’ve put everyone on a downer 😁

Irish_Steve
19-02-2018, 10:12 PM
I cant remember the game or the Hibs player but who-ever it was, did the seemingly impossible and missed from a yard out. Bloke sitting in front of me got up and shouted Oi, you could have f**cking farted that into the net!

hibsbollah
19-02-2018, 10:33 PM
Heard “ Malonga you couldn’t control your your your emotions

That's bonkers :faf:

The_Horde
19-02-2018, 11:05 PM
Fat bald guy that sits a few seats along from me was giving a tirade of abuse to the ref shortly before we got relegated. The guy got himself into such a tizz over the decision and got his words mixed up shouted “AWAY AND GET **** TAE YERSEL”

You had to be there...

You just reminded me of a shout from a game a couple of years ago. Hibs were winning by one goal and starting to lose momentum in the game. Big guy sitting behind me shouts "come on hibs let's put this bed tae nonsense"

jabis
19-02-2018, 11:16 PM
"Houchen your'e sh#te" at Fir Park..standing beside mesh on the half way line separating Hibs and Motherwell fans. Don't remember the score but the guy that shouted it was 100% on the money!!

"Houchen,if you had six free shots at John Lennon,he'd still be alive"

Mikey09
19-02-2018, 11:30 PM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

Mikey09
19-02-2018, 11:33 PM
Wasn't a funny shout but I always remember a guy who sat right at the back of the old East stand who had the loudest voice ever. His war cry was "Come on ma Bonnie boys!!!"

Loved that.

Greenfly
20-02-2018, 12:09 AM
The legendary terracing cry referring to Enrico Annoni (late 90s Celtic defender) coming on as sub - "Aw naw, Annoni's oan an'aw noo!" (best read quickly!)

Also loved the Queen's Park fans singing at the Rangers fans in the 3rd division / League 2 - "There's only one team in Glasgow".

Guy at Hampden (North Stand) SF against Dundee Utd 2 years ago clapping eyes on the bulk of Conrad Logan for first time - "Tom Farmer can sort out yer spare tyre, Logan"

bronca
20-02-2018, 12:15 AM
Easter Road at one of my earliest games, can't remember who against. Joe T didn't control what looked like an easy ball and it went out - some guy in the old east shouts "Tortolano - call yersel Italian? you could'nae cook a f****** chip!"

Didn't really get it then as I was only 10 but remembered it for some reason and makes me laugh now!

tomf
20-02-2018, 12:45 AM
There's an old boy that sits at the back of the West upper (between hospitality and the FF end) who shouts every match at the referee but with truly awful insults. Things like "learn the rules" etc. They're funny for being so bad.

At my old seat in the West Lower, there was a great shout at the linesman (decked in red) who was having a howler. "Linesman, stand still - you're more use as a postbox!". :greengrin

Not a shout but the guy sitting next to me in the West Stand had been giving Boyle a bit of a hard time for a few misplaced balls on Saturday; then Boyle scored and he said..."Thank Christ it didn't go to his feet." It still makes me laugh so I thought I would share it.

#persevered
20-02-2018, 12:49 AM
There was an old guy in front of me in the old east stand used to shout "I know yer Da!" at every player who made a mistake.
Always made me laugh

monktonharp
20-02-2018, 01:06 AM
guy shouting at Ally McLeod, see you McLeod, yer runnin' aboot as if yuv got a nail up yer fit! good goalscorer, but he did run a wee bit funny.:greengrin

hibbiedon
20-02-2018, 06:17 AM
One from the late 60’s that always made me smile, that was shouted to one of our players

“come up here and watch how bad you are” the one that shocked me that was shouted at the ref at the Hibs v Leeds game
“ if you were my Da I would stab you in your sleep

Hermit Crab
20-02-2018, 06:54 AM
One from the late 60’s that always made me smile, that was shouted to one of our players

“come up here and watch how bad you are” the one that shocked me that was shouted at the ref at the Hibs v Leeds game
“ if you were my Da I would stab you in your sleep

Harsh!!

JimBHibees
20-02-2018, 06:59 AM

Thats brilliant. :greengrin

Eaststand
20-02-2018, 08:20 AM
Wasn't a funny shout but I always remember a guy who sat right at the back of the old East stand who had the loudest voice ever. His war cry was "Come on ma Bonnie boys!!!"

Loved that.

Funny, i was just telling my laddie about him on Saturday cos the same fella used to do loud Baaaaaaaa noises when we were playing against the sheep :-)

GGTTH

hibbyfraelibby
20-02-2018, 08:35 AM
At Tynecastle back in the day when the fans stood together for a New Years day game and One of the Hearts players drew criticism for his lack of athleticism... "Come on Busby I've see mulk turn quicker"

Hiber-nation
20-02-2018, 08:48 AM

Classic...I heard that and Jim Blair was the said striker on that occasion. I've told that one many a time.

Arch Stanton
20-02-2018, 09:27 AM
These days you get fans shouting out all kinds of "technical" advice - probably learned from watching the TV pundits.

A lot simpler back in the day though. An old guy sat near me used to shout out at most every game (regardless of the opposition) - "C'mon Hibs, get intae them . theyr'e sh*te".

Scouse Hibee
20-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Have heard a few over the years....
"(Insert players name) you're effin hopeless" Named player isn't even on the pitch, tbe abuser has his players mixed up.

Jones28
20-02-2018, 10:09 AM
Rab Douglas retrieves the ball from the west stand

"**** off Douglas, you'll scare the bairns!"

1875STEVE
20-02-2018, 10:12 AM
I remember a while back, we played Colchester in a pre-season friendly.

It was the old east stand.

Colin Nish was having a bad day, and there was this big lad, who sat a few seats behind us, must have been his season ticket seat I think, huge booming voice.

"FFS Nish try ya lazy C***"

Colin Nish:

"F*** Off ya fat C***"

Everyone around the bloke was in stitches.

Itsnoteasy
20-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Not funny quote.
But many moons ago at Douglas Park, Andy Goram shouts over to me while warming up, who won the 2.30 at Ayr.

ajf
20-02-2018, 10:29 AM
Derek Townsley dribbles round two Motherwell (iirc) defenders draws the goalie and skips round him, empty net, misses the ball falls on his arse and the whole ground burst out laughing

hstn747
20-02-2018, 11:09 AM

That the old boy with the rug on his head?

18Hibee75
20-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Against aberdeen on Saturday Aberdeen fans singing "can you hear the Hibees sing". Few minutes later we score. Putting on an American accent a boy comes out with "over there it's so quiet, over here it's a riot", amused me at the time, maybe you had to be there!

CMurdoch
20-02-2018, 12:13 PM
I remember a while back, we played Colchester in a pre-season friendly.

It was the old east stand.

Colin Nish was having a bad day, and there was this big lad, who sat a few seats behind us, must have been his season ticket seat I think, huge booming voice.

"FFS Nish try ya lazy C***"

Colin Nish:

"F*** Off ya fat C***"

Everyone around the bloke was in stitches.

That I like a lot

aljo7-0
20-02-2018, 12:35 PM
Against Aberdeen, back in the 80s, my mate and I were in the enclosure in front of the main stand. Alex McLeish comes over to take a throw in. General abuse at him and he just smiles and blows a kiss at the fans. This enrages my mate who shouts "F*** Off McLeish ya big red skitter" Fair play to McLeish I think he laughed the loudest!

Leith's finest
20-02-2018, 01:04 PM

He did

jgl07
20-02-2018, 01:14 PM
There was a call for handball against a visiting player.

"Ref, fingerprint that ball" came a voice from the crowd.

JimBHibees
20-02-2018, 01:18 PM
Have heard a few over the years....
"(Insert players name) you're effin hopeless" Named player isn't even on the pitch, tbe abuser has his players mixed up.

Yep was there not a story of a fan having a go at John Collins in the Main Stand for missing a pass only for the fan to get a tap on the shoulder from John was was out injured at the time and sitting behind him.:greengrin

matty_f
20-02-2018, 02:21 PM
That the old boy with the rug on his head?

For want of a better description, aye! :greengrin

Franck Stanton
20-02-2018, 02:41 PM
Auld guy used to sit in east, near front at half way line, every time an opposition player "stole" a few yards at a throw in shouted " hey ref get him telt, it's a throw in no' a sponsored walk"

Hermit Crab
20-02-2018, 02:57 PM
Auld guy used to sit in east, near front at half way line, every time an opposition player "stole" a few yards at a throw in shouted " hey ref get him telt, it's a throw in no' a sponsored walk"

Hermit Crab
20-02-2018, 03:00 PM
There used to be an old guy that sat in front of us when I was in the FFL circa 95/96 and he used to shout randomly winning or losing "get yer finger oot" or "get intae that bugger". The shouts were usually accompanied with him spitting his false teeth out at the same time. :greengrin

cheltenhamhibee
20-02-2018, 03:07 PM
Not a Hibs one, was watching Cheltenham v Shrewsbury a few years ago, fan shouts ''your a w****r ref'' ref turns round and replies '' it's a shame your father wasn't ''

pacorosssco
20-02-2018, 03:08 PM
An old friend of mine said he seen a guy burst into go grease lighting at Super Joe. Also 6-2 game guy was chanting we want 8

SON OF PADDY
20-02-2018, 03:20 PM
Many moons ago in the old east during a Celtic game !
My mate runs to the front and shouts at Roy Aitken who was about to take a throw in !
" Aitken you're a Orange ******* "
The look on Aitken's face was PRICELESS.😂🤣😆

Ps you know who you are !!😉😉

JDHibs
20-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Guy in the east on Saturday shouted the following to GMS -

"Youre getting subbed in the 2nd half so you dont get sunburnt you wee albino B******d"

I laughed...

Also the lad in front of us usually screams "RELLLLAX" at the top of his voice in the most un relaxed fashion possible...

green day
20-02-2018, 04:45 PM
According to The Terrace podcast, someone shouted to Kris Boyd "Boyd, I've ****ged your missus" to which KB shouted "who hasnae?"

😆😆

KingFranck
20-02-2018, 07:12 PM
I was at a Newcastle v West Ham match a number of years back and one of the lads had one or two many shandies pre match.
So the West Ham team emerge to boos right round the stadium. Newcastle come out and my mate shouts
“Cmon Newcastle get intae these English Bs”
Lucky for us most of the Gallowgate that day were Scottish 😀

DickieDastardly
20-02-2018, 11:53 PM
Skol cup win 1991, as Alex Miller is being carried on Budgie’s shoulders behind the goals fella behind us shouts “f##k off Miller your still a blue nosed B####rd”.

No pleasing some people http://www.hibs.net/webkit-fake-url://8e8288f0-6332-4af6-b016-d4e8fc2ff672/imagegif

pacoluna
21-02-2018, 07:30 AM
Not funny quote.
But many moons ago at Douglas Park, Andy Goram shouts over to me while warming up, who won the 2.30 at Ayr.

Goram used to phone the bookies at HT asking how his horses had got on 😂

JimBHibees
21-02-2018, 07:36 AM
Not a Hibs one, was watching Cheltenham v Shrewsbury a few years ago, fan shouts ''your a w****r ref'' ref turns round and replies '' it's a shame your father wasn't ''

Superb riposte by the ref. :greengrin

Salisbury Hibby
21-02-2018, 10:30 AM

:faf:Gary Deegan?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Iceman1875
21-02-2018, 11:19 AM
St Mirren away couple of seasons ago - aimed at a ball boy ‘I’ve seen better hair cuts on a fanny!’ [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EH6 Hibby
21-02-2018, 12:43 PM
Guy in the east on Saturday shouted the following to GMS -

"Youre getting subbed in the 2nd half so you dont get sunburnt you wee albino B******d"

I laughed...

Also the lad in front of us usually screams "RELLLLAX" at the top of his voice in the most un relaxed fashion possible...

Someone behind us shouted “May, your hair is very 1985”. :greengrin

SRHibs
21-02-2018, 01:10 PM
St Mirren away couple of seasons ago - aimed at a ball boy ‘I’ve seen better hair cuts on a fanny!’ [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs a fanny’s hat!

sleeping giant
21-02-2018, 02:28 PM

Doyle against Falkirk ?

HUTCHYHIBBY
21-02-2018, 02:31 PM
I think this thread shows the Hibs support is bereft of comedians.

Is It On....
21-02-2018, 03:16 PM
"Davie Dodds, the elephant man"

"McGarvey, yer wife's a mattress"

"Souness Souness where's yet wife... she's getting sh#gged by a [not sure if I am allowed to use the five letter word beginning with "D" these days for Spanish gentleman that was sung in the 80s] Spaniard.

Salisbury Hibby
21-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Henry Smith's wife must have been very promiscuous going on the number of fans that used to shout they'd been with her the previous night.

Deansy
21-02-2018, 04:23 PM
Henry Smith's wife must have been very promiscuous going on the number of fans that used to shout they'd been with her the previous night.

Not true - I worked beside her and her only shame was her god-awful choice for a husband - lovely woman !

MM19
21-02-2018, 04:41 PM

I think it might have been Gary Deegan. I was the same shouting what the ****** are you daeing when it sailed into the net. Everybody round about said that's what he's daeing.

Jim Herriot
21-02-2018, 04:59 PM
If memory serves me right, there was a Hibs v Chelsea friendly soon after Gordon Durie had moved there. A Spanish Chelsea player was sent off, and the chant of "Cheerio, Cheerio, Cheerio" was soon replaced by "Adios, Adios, Adios".

Speedway
21-02-2018, 06:02 PM
My favourite fan shout of all time isn’t a Hibs one but can be found from 4:15-4:25 here on this NSFW clip.

https://youtu.be/SQIKktogb3o

The whole thing is worth a watch.

Hibbyradge
21-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Doyle against Falkirk ?

It might well have been that, now you remind me.

Good shout.

Is It On....
21-02-2018, 07:49 PM
Skol cup win 1991, as Alex Miller is being carried on Budgie’s shoulders behind the goals fella behind us shouts “f##k off Miller your still a blue nosed B####rd”.

No pleasing some people http://www.hibs.net/webkit-fake-url://8e8288f0-6332-4af6-b016-d4e8fc2ff672/imagegif

He was / is though...

WoreTheGreen
21-02-2018, 07:58 PM
We’ve got a player here. Sadly it was A O B

KNBE
21-02-2018, 08:04 PM

Loved that.

Does anyone know if that guy is still about? Him shouting that is about all my wife remembers of her first Hibs game in 2000. I sometimes think that would look great written on the side of the stadium somewhere.

sleeping giant
21-02-2018, 08:19 PM
It might well have been that, now you remind me.

Good shout.

I done exactly the same :-)

Don't Effin shoot from there gooooaaaal

RoscoHibby
21-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Does anyone know if that guy is still about? Him shouting that is about all my wife remembers of her first Hibs game in 2000. I sometimes think that would look great written on the side of the stadium somewhere.

I was sat row in front of this fella next home game after the 6-2. Must've been singing 'we only won 6-2' for about 70mins of the game. Only really stopped at half time to break out his bonnie boys ditty!!

I'm_cabbaged
21-02-2018, 08:24 PM

Sits in section 42 👍

HibbyAndy
21-02-2018, 08:24 PM
I done exactly the same :-)

Don't Effin shoot from there gooooaaaal

Cue absolute carnage on the terracing coming back from 3-0 doon.

KNBE
21-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Sits in section 42 [emoji106]Still shouting it out? I'm the West but am surprised I can't hear him from there!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
21-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Auld guy in the FF lower infront of me always shouts 'BARABARABERNIANNNN' Or something like that :greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-02-2018, 09:44 PM

He had an opera stye signing voice, last time I seen or heard him was at Hamilton away pre relegation, Riordans 2nd debut 0-1. Not heard him since.

Pescarese
21-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Mid 1980s, up the Clock End at Highbury, an old guy shouts out “Cahm ahn Arsenal, break wind”. Followed by “0K, ah meant sweat”.

:rolleyes:

Nakedmanoncrack
21-02-2018, 10:41 PM
Many moons ago in the old east during a Celtic game !
My mate runs to the front and shouts at Roy Aitken who was about to take a throw in !
" Aitken you're a Orange ******* "
The look on Aitken's face was PRICELESS.😂🤣😆

Ps you know who you are !!😉😉

This is bizarre, I know of somebody who did exactly the same to Danny McGrain, I wonder if it's the same person!

SON OF PADDY
21-02-2018, 11:09 PM
This is bizarre, I know of somebody who did exactly the same to Danny McGrain, I wonder if it's the same person!

Guys name is Steven !
I'll leave it at that...😉

southsider
21-02-2018, 11:13 PM

Don't know but Danny was a Prod. Not every Prod is an Orange B.

One Day Soon
21-02-2018, 11:15 PM
For three unfortunate seasons we were seated in the West Stand Upper. The guy next to us began every single game by shouting "C'mon Hibs, get into this pish." Didn't matter who we were playing, you could have set your clock by him.

We ended up moving back to the east for two reasons. Firstly we missed the much better atmosphere there and secondly the three guys directly in front took turns every game to go out at least five minutes before every half time to harvest, pies, bovril and just about anything else the obese pheqers could find to eat. Then they would turn the immediate area into an unbreatheable noxious zone for ages afterwards with the satanic gases they emitted. They also shouted the most ill-informed pi5h about the game I have ever heard in nearly 40 years of following Hibs.

Liberal Hibby
21-02-2018, 11:30 PM
When AFC Wimbledon emerged from the wreckage of the the MK Dons saga and started off in the Seagrave Haulage Combined Counties League - England's 9th tier (I think) they played a variety of extremely posh Surrey and Hampshire village teams.

I went to Kingsmeadow the day they were playing Chipstead FC - an extremely posh village in the north Downs. As they got a corner in front of where I was standing I started singing 'In your Chipstead slums.' Imagine my horror when it was taken up by the boistrous AFC fans and the whole ground eventually joined in to much laughter (from the Chipstead players).

Hibbyradge
22-02-2018, 10:06 AM
When AFC Wimbledon emerged from the wreckage of the the MK Dons saga and started off in the Seagrave Haulage Combined Counties League - England's 9th tier (I think) they played a variety of extremely posh Surrey and Hampshire village teams.

I went to Kingsmeadow the day they were playing Chipstead FC - an extremely posh village in the north Downs. As they got a corner in front of where I was standing I started singing 'In your Chipstead slums.' Imagine my horror when it was taken up by the boistrous AFC fans and the whole ground eventually joined in to much laughter (from the Chipstead players).

Brilliant :thumbsup:

Kato
22-02-2018, 10:43 AM
He was / is though...

We went on a stadium tour after we won the LC in 1991 and Dougie Cromb was showing us around. As we walked past Miller's office Dougie pointed out the door had a combination lock so no-one could snoop. My mate tried "1690" as we passed the door. Stayed locked btw.

Hibbyradge
22-02-2018, 11:50 AM
I was told this one by a Celtic fan that i met on holiday a few years back.
Celtic had an Italian player called Enrico Anonni, who wasn't popular with most Celtic supporters.

Annoni was a sub, then brought on late in a game. A guy next to my mate came out with,

Aw naw, Annoni's on anaw noo

Only in Glesga eh !!

GGTTH

See above :wink:

Eaststand
22-02-2018, 12:04 PM
See above :wink:

Ta, i hadn't noticed that. It took me ages typing that post too !!

GGTTH

speedy_gonzales
22-02-2018, 12:06 PM
Don't know but Danny was a Prod. Not every Prod is an Orange B.

Off topic, but Danny's wife worked as a PA for a manager in my work, first time I met her she was introduced as Danny McGrains wife,,,,I honestly thought I was getting my leg pulled as the woman in front of me I knew to be "Laraine", not Lorraine.
Turns out it was true, Laraine McGrain!!!

JK Rolling
22-02-2018, 08:24 PM

I feel it would've taken less time if we'd just watched the film ourselves. :wink:

Future17
22-02-2018, 09:50 PM
My favourite fan shout of all time isn’t a Hibs one but can be found from 4:15-4:25 here on this NSFW clip.

That's genius.

Babyshamble
22-02-2018, 10:10 PM
In the toilets at Cowdenbeath away.2-0 after 50 mins.rain was pissing down.boy came in.soaked to the bone..said this was *** butchers fault.haha 😆

Renfrew_Hibby
22-02-2018, 10:23 PM

Brilliant 😂

Zazu62
22-02-2018, 10:24 PM
At the match on Saturday, Scott Allan comes over to take a corner. "Brilliant, Scotty", "Welcome back", etc. He takes the corner - "Well done.... JUDAS" in a jokey way though :greengrin

Not getting this one like 🤷*♂️

hughio
23-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Scotland v Italy
Ibrox 1990s

My pal corrects a hun behind who shouted "Mon Scotland get into these fenian b's" by saying

"I think you'll find they are Italian"

"Same ffing difference" responds the moron.

I despair of our country sometimes.

basehibby
23-02-2018, 12:28 PM

Great thread this and have a had a great laugh reading it - but even 25 years after the fact that one just makes me despair. I'll wager that whoever that ******** was he was a pure part timer/glory hunter - pathetic ****er :fuming: