PDA

View Full Version : Kilmarnock game

Monts
18-02-2018, 02:25 PM
This is now massive. The two form teams battling it out. Killie looking to catch hearts, us looking to catch rangers. And it just so happens hearts play rangers later the same day. Not only that but Aberdeen face Celtic on the Sunday.

A great chance to make our break for second spot. But it won't be easy. Steve Clark has transformed Killie, and has won more games in the 5 months he's been there than they did in the previous 14.

If we play how we did yesterday, we should win. And we have a good record on the road this season.

Things could be about to get interesting!

jimhfc1
18-02-2018, 02:50 PM
Have we sold out our allocation?

Albanian Hibs
18-02-2018, 02:50 PM

No

RoxburghHibs
18-02-2018, 02:51 PM

Doubt it as stadium is 18000 capacity and they only get 4-5000 home fans. So plenty seats for away support.

Halmyre Hibee
18-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Yesterday was our biggest game of the season and we came through that with some of the best football I have seen for ages.

I expect a really difficult game against Killie who are much improved and if we show the same desire and take our chances then I expect 3 points.

Great time to be a Hibby and I am looking forward to every game these days.:flag:

calumhibee1
18-02-2018, 02:56 PM
I presume from the KO time this is on the tv next week?

Monts
18-02-2018, 02:57 PM

Sky

Future17
18-02-2018, 02:57 PM

Yeah, Sky.

Just Alf
18-02-2018, 02:58 PM
I presume from the KO time this is on the tv next week?Yup.. On Sky

http://www.live-footballontv.com

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz

Sky. 3 out of our next 4 games are on TV

Ozyhibby
The important thing now is that we look a lot more likely to score with Allan, Kamberri and McLaren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
18-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Point wouldn’t be a disaster in this game. But given our form we need to really go and look to win the game. No cup distractions or fixture backlogs this year so we should be good to go every game.

Killie have been going well but we are still a better team than them and we need to go out and prove it next week.

With Aberdeen playing Celtic it’s a real opportunity for us.

Monts
18-02-2018, 04:05 PM
The important thing now is that we look a lot more likely to score with Allan, Kamberri and McLaren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was impressed with the movement of McLaren yesterday, and thought he deserved a goal. Hopefully he gets it next week.

we are hibs
18-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Would be nice to get a crowd similar to the quarter final a few years back. Great support that day and stunning performance from Griffiths

Monts
18-02-2018, 04:07 PM
Would be nice to get a crowd similar to the quarter final a few years back. Great support that day and stunning performance from Griffiths

One of my favourite away games :agree:

MaxPower75
18-02-2018, 04:13 PM
A win for us, a draw for them and Aberdeen to get humped would be ideal. Would put us 12 in front of Hearts and 3 off 2nd. But Kilmarnock will be a tough game so here's hoping.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

hibbysam
18-02-2018, 04:14 PM
A win for us, a draw for them and Aberdeen to get humped would be ideal. Would put us 12 in front of Hearts and 3 off 2nd. But Kilmarnock will be a tough game so here's hoping.

9+2 isn’t 12.

WhileTheChief..
18-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Hibs, Celtic & Hearts wins would do nicely.

Finishing in 2nd spot is well within our reach.

MaxPower75
18-02-2018, 04:20 PM
9+2 isn’t 12.oops 11 I should say. Maths never was my strong point

Billy Whizz
18-02-2018, 04:23 PM

Would be, think we’d have taken over 2,000 if it wasn’t on TV. We’ll still take a decent sized support though

Carheenlea
18-02-2018, 04:32 PM
Watching Hibs is so enjoyable right now a week feeks like an eternity having to wait to go and see Hibs again.

Hermit Crab
18-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Definitely not an easy game game, Killy are doing very well under new management. 0-3 Hibs the last time was robbery. Should be a good match, my concern is that stupid plastic pitch.

Monts
19-02-2018, 05:41 PM
Definitely not an easy game game, Killy are doing very well under new management. 0-3 Hibs the last time was robbery. Should be a good match, my concern is that stupid plastic pitch.

Rocky made a couple of outstanding saves in that game iirc.

My_Wife_Camille
19-02-2018, 05:45 PM
3-0 was maybe a little heavier than Killie deserved but in absolutely no way was it anything close to robbery

We were deserved winners. Killie were unlucky not to score a consolation or two but that’s about it.

BegbieHSC
19-02-2018, 05:46 PM
Hibs, Celtic & Hearts wins would do nicely.

Finishing in 2nd spot is well within our reach.

We're in a bizarre situation where a Hibs win is the outcome best for Hertz, and a Hertz win is the best outcome for Hibs. (Albeit in a Hertz-Hun game I somehow always want both teams to lose, with 5 red cards each, and the other 12 players injured.)

Mon the ****bos this weekend though ! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
19-02-2018, 06:16 PM
We're in a bizarre situation where a Hibs win is the outcome best for Hertz, and a Hertz win is the best outcome for Hibs. (Albeit in a Hertz-Hun game I somehow always want both teams to lose, with 5 red cards each, and the other 12 players injured.)

Mon the ****bos this weekend though ! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Killy have 2 games in hand. One is away to Hamilton and they play Hearts on the 27th at Tynecastle as well.

Sir David Gray
19-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Killy have 2 games in hand. One is away to Hamilton and they play Hearts on the 27th at Tynecastle as well.

The game v Hearts isn't a game in hand. Their games in hand are on 7th March at home to St Johnstone and away to Hamilton on 13th March.

JimBHibees
20-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Point wouldn’t be a disaster in this game. But given our form we need to really go and look to win the game. No cup distractions or fixture backlogs this year so we should be good to go every game.

Killie have been going well but we are still a better team than them and we need to go out and prove it next week.

With Aberdeen playing Celtic it’s a real opportunity for us.

Also Rangers and Hearts huge opportunity to put pressure on by winning before these games take place.

Monts
20-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Interesting, that if the results turn out as predicted below (not exactly unreasonable);

Hibs pre split fixtures
Kilmarnock (A) - Draw
Hamilton (H) - Hibs Win
Hearts (H) - Hibs Win
St Johnstone (A) - Draw
Partick (H) - Hibs Win
Ross County (A) - Hibs Win

Hearts pre split fixtures
Rangers (A) - Hearts Loss
Kimarnock (H) - Draw
Hibernian (A) - Loss
Partick (H) - Hearts Win
Dundee (A) - Hearts win
Aberdeen (H) - Hearts Loss

Kilmarnock pre split fixtures
Hibernian (H) - Draw
Hearts (A) - Draw
St Johnstone (H) - Draw
Ross County (H) - Kilmarnock Win
Hamilton (A) - Kilmarnock Win
Rangers (A) - Kilmarnock Loss
Hamilton (H) - Kilmarnock Win
Partick (A) - Draw

The table would look like this by the split

Hibs - 61 pts
Kilmarnock - 48 pts
Hearts - 45 pts

We would be Guaranteed to finish above hearts regardless of split fixtures, and would only need 3 points after the split to guarantee 4th.

IFONLY
20-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Interesting, that if the results turn out as predicted below (not exactly unreasonable);

Hibs pre split fixtures
Kilmarnock (A) - Draw
Hamilton (H) - Hibs Win
Hearts (H) - Hibs Win
St Johnstone (A) - Draw
Partick (H) - Hibs Win
Ross County (A) - Hibs Win

Hearts pre split fixtures
Rangers (A) - Hearts Loss
Kimarnock (H) - Draw
Hibernian (A) - Loss
Partick (H) - Hearts Win
Dundee (A) - Hearts win
Aberdeen (H) - Hearts Loss

Kilmarnock pre split fixtures
Hibernian (H) - Kilmarnock Loss
Hearts (A) - Draw
St Johnstone (H) - Draw
Ross County (H) - Kilmarnock Win
Hamilton (A) - Kilmarnock Win
Rangers (A) - Kilmarnock Loss
Hamilton (H) - Kilmarnock Win
Partick (A) - Draw

The table would look like this by the split

Hibs - 61 pts
Kilmarnock - 47 pts
Hearts - 45 pts

We would be Guaranteed to finish above hearts regardless of split fixtures, and would only need 3 points after the split to guarantee 4th.

Wish it was as easy as that!!!!!

My_Wife_Camille
20-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Wish it was as easy as that!!!!!
Not sure I like the look of us only getting a draw against Kilmarnock while they get a defeat though

Monts
20-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Not sure I like the look of us only getting a draw against Kilmarnock while they get a defeat though

Good spot :greengrin