PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Dallas

Jim44
18-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Amid the euphoria of yesterday’s result, it’s easy to ignore the not so satisfying aspects of the game. Dallas’ decision not to give Kenny McLean a second card was a classic example of serious incompetence or wilfulness.

WhileTheChief..
18-02-2018, 12:08 PM
Man, we almost got by without a thread about the ref!!

I guess there will be one about Sportscene too now :na na:

J-C
18-02-2018, 12:10 PM
Amid the euphoria of yesterday’s result, it’s easy to ignore the not so satisfying aspects of the game. Dallas’ decision not to give Kenny McLean a second card was a classic example of serious incompetence or wilfulness.

An absolutely shocking ref and a bottle merchant into the bargain. Gave McLean 2 warnings and booked him on his 5th foul, then should have sent him off, Allan got booked giving away his 1st foul WTF?

cleanyman
18-02-2018, 12:14 PM
I thought he was having an excellent game up until he bottled the big game decision.

He let play flow.

overdrive
18-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Other than the lack of sending off and that horrendous corner decision, I didn’t think he was *that* bad. That maybe indicates in itself how bad refereeing is in this country though.

Jim44
18-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Man, we almost got by without a thread about the ref!!

I guess there will be one about Sportscene too now :na na:

If we had lost, this thread would be a four pager. Kinda my point, I suppose.

banana1875
18-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Just watched the reply of the game on alba. It shows that Nwakali got booked for the tackle on SJM in the 33rd minute then the ref shows him a yellow for the tackle on Bolye in the 52nd minute. Not sure if this is Alba mistake you don’t see the red showing him a yellow in the 33rd minute but it flashes at the bottom of the screen he was booked.

Northernhibee
18-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Worst referee in the league who would be refereeing Sunday league if it wasn't for his last name.

FitbaFolkKen
18-02-2018, 12:37 PM
I thought he was having an excellent game up until he bottled the big game decision.

He let play flow.

I would agree with this, after we scored our first Aberdeen committed a series of fouls to break play up and he was very quick to book a number of them. No doubt McLean should have seen red though and that was a pretty serious error.

Thecat23
18-02-2018, 12:43 PM
Bar what should have been a clear second yellow I thought he done well.

lapsedhibee
18-02-2018, 01:05 PM
I would agree with this, after we scored our first Aberdeen committed a series of fouls to break play up and he was very quick to book a number of them.

If whoever is ref issues a similar spate of bookings reasonably early in the match, we will run riot against Rotational Foulers R Us on the 9th.

NRW_Hibbie
18-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Just watched the reply of the game on alba. It shows that Nwakali got booked for the tackle on SJM in the 33rd minute then the ref shows him a yellow for the tackle on Bolye in the 52nd minute. Not sure if this is Alba mistake you don’t see the red showing him a yellow in the 33rd minute but it flashes at the bottom of the screen he was booked.
No, he wasn’t booked for the first incident. Alba mistake.

Deansy
18-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Dallas actually gave us fouls when they were fouls, unlike most other weeks when, due to the normal mixture of 'human-error/bias', referees let teams boot our players up and down the park with little or no action taken !. Thought the only mistake he made yesterday was bottling sending McLean off !

SirDavidsNapper
18-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Glad he didnt send him off. Stopped any potential Aberdeen excuses.

ehf
18-02-2018, 01:21 PM

Was thinking the same; the headlines would have been "Hibs beat 10 man Aberdeen", which would have detracted from the achievement.

That said, it was an absolutely appalling decision for which there can be no legitimate justification. There was no scope for doubt or subjective judgement. Dallas had to know it was a yellow card (verging on a straight red, arguably) but for some reason didn't want to give it.

O'Rourke3
18-02-2018, 02:06 PM

At the time I also thought he was booking him as he "went to a pocket" walking over to the incident - however he took out the disappearing spray to mark the line.

Billy Whizz
18-02-2018, 02:08 PM

I didn’t think it was a booking at the time, but when I watched it back on Alba later, it was a really bad one
Thought the booking Allan got was very soft

Lago
18-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Other than the lack of sending off and that horrendous corner decision, I didn’t think he was *that* bad. That maybe indicates in itself how bad refereeing is in this country though.
Agree

Smartie
18-02-2018, 02:14 PM
I thought he did ok.

A few mistakes, but that is forgivable.

When games like get physical like that one did in the second half, it becomes tough to referee and get all the calls right.

It was significant that he was getting the yellow card out, and it helped us a great deal. When we lost to Aberdeen earlier this season, they chopped us as soon as we created any space, and were allowed to do so by a ridiculously lenient ref. Dallas punished the cynical fouls.

He got the McLean one wrong though.

maturehibby
18-02-2018, 03:31 PM
Bottle merchant

weecounty hibby
18-02-2018, 08:59 PM
Thought he was ok and other than McLeans non 2nd yellow, Allan's card and the goal kick he gave when the keeper saved it I think he got all the decisions right. In a match where he probably made dozens of decisions three wrong is not too bad. The McLean one was a poor decision though.

wookie70
18-02-2018, 09:04 PM
As said the corner that their keeper saved and McLean not being sent off were his only big errors. I wish we had someone that flashed the cards as readily in a few games this season. I thought he got our bookings right too.

Jonnyboy
18-02-2018, 09:10 PM

He let play flow.

Wouldn't go as far as to say excellent :greengrin Otherwise, I agree:agree:

hibbysam
18-02-2018, 09:23 PM
He was fortunate we scored soon after. At 1-0 that had the potential to be a game changer by giving Aberdeen a big lift and us feeling aggrieved. You could tell by the way he tried to play advantage that he didn’t want to give the decision. McLean actually lies on the ground thinking he knows he’s a goner, only for Dallas to bottle it.

Winston Ingram
18-02-2018, 09:25 PM
Bar what should have been a clear second yellow I thought he done well.

I’d agree with this.

That decision however was an absolute shocker.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-02-2018, 09:26 PM
Thought he was ok. Personally I don't mind when refs get the 50-50's wrong now and again as that is human error but not giving McDirty a second yellow was a howler. When I saw it back on ALBA, no wonder the players get frustrated.