PDA

View Full Version : Players have done wonders for this club.

matty_f
18-02-2018, 12:56 PM
"I think some of these players who have been here for two or three years have done wonders for this club" - Neil Lennon speaking to the BBC yesterday.

I would have to agree. McGregor, Bartley, SJM, Sir David Gray, Boyle, McGeouch.. along with Hanlon and Stevenson who have obviously been here much longer, have stuck thousands on the gate and given people pride in their club again.

yonder1875
18-02-2018, 01:16 PM
Definitely.

Dempster, Stubbs, Lennon etc get a lot of credit (rightly so) for the rebuilding of this club following relegation but the individual players are not singled out anywhere near enough, all very likeable too.

1van Sprou7e
18-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Yup, we're going to have very fond memories of this team when all is said and done

Jack
18-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Hopefully these players will be spoken of as just the start of the revolution.

poolman
18-02-2018, 07:40 PM
"I think some of these players who have been here for two or three years have done wonders for this club" - Neil Lennon speaking to the BBC yesterday.

I would have to agree. McGregor, Bartley, SJM, Sir David Gray, Boyle, McGeouch.. along with Hanlon and Stevenson who have obviously been here much longer, have stuck thousands on the gate and given people pride in their club again.

You'll get no arguement from me about that :agree:

Baader
18-02-2018, 07:45 PM

To a man those guys have been outstanding servants. Deserve to be mentioned in the esteemed company of our greatest sides and our favourite sons.

Sammy7nil
18-02-2018, 07:50 PM
I think you have to throw in Jason, Stokes,vConrad and Stubbs all played a huge part in the cup win and with out that win make no mistake we would be nowhere near where we are now. The cup win was the catalyst that let us build. We would probably not had the money or the foundations to attract Lennon and may well have struggled in the championship on far smaller crowds following the crushing disappointment of losing two cup finals and missing out on promotion.

Sauzee16
18-02-2018, 07:51 PM
Scott Bain, without him no SA and of course Big Effe and Rocky:not worth

Sauzee16
18-02-2018, 07:52 PM
To a man those guys have been outstanding servants. Deserve to be mentioned in the esteemed company of our greatest sides and our favourite sons.
As does Jason Cummings. Legend. :agree::agree:

SirDavidsNapper
18-02-2018, 07:57 PM
Yup. They've given us our pride back again and for that I'll be eternally gratefull. We'll be supporters of this club once they're long gone but they've left a huge positive mark on our history.

Thecat23
18-02-2018, 08:00 PM

It’s been great having players who care for the club. It’s now showing weekly that the fans are coming back to show their support for these players as well. Long may it continue.

Pretty Boy
18-02-2018, 08:02 PM
I got quite maudlin in January because I realised for various reasons; injury, age or being coveted by other clubs that a few of our squad of the last few years won’t be around for that much longer. That speaks volumes for them because a hell of a lot of the players we have had in the last decade have been instantly forgettable or are remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Every single one of the guys named have given their all for us in their time with us and have given us not only trophies and a promotion but our pride back. If you had said to me in the aftermath of the Hamilton game that in 3 years we would have won the Scottish Cup, been promoted, be sitting 4th in the top flight, have went 9 games unbeaten v Hearts and be pulling in our biggest crowds in decades I would have thought you were mad. For all the praise given to the board room and managers without the players doing their part none of it would have happened.

Hibs legends.

Northernhibee
18-02-2018, 08:05 PM
21st of May gave this club its belief back. I've not known a cup win to do as much for a club anywhere in the world as it did for us.

2-1 down in the dying minutes to win 3-2 and end the hoodoo of all hoodoos. Doubled our attendances. Feel good factor. Amazing.

IGRIGI
18-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Huge credit also to Terry Butcher who got the ball rolling.

:greengrin

Sammy7nil
18-02-2018, 08:08 PM
21st of May gave this club its belief back. I've not known a cup win to do as much for a club anywhere in the world as it did for us.

2-1 down in the dying minutes to win 3-2 and end the hoodoo of all hoodoos. Doubled our attendances. Feel good factor. Amazing.

:top marks

Lancs Harp
18-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Andy Halliday :greengrin

Baker9
18-02-2018, 08:23 PM
Hopefully these players will be spoken of as just the start of the revolution.

This. :agree:

One Day Soon
18-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Having been ended as a football club I must say the afterlife is everything it's cracked up to be.

Northernhibee
18-02-2018, 08:39 PM
The whole build up to that goal summed up what this team is about. Lewis Stevenson gets a belter of a head knock but is back up and back on before you know it. Sevco push forward for what in previous years would have been a winning goal but hard work, closing down and determination pushes them back before David Gray robs them. Push forward, a save, a corner and Liam Henderson was the calmest man in that stadium to deliver an absolute millimetre perfect cross.

Hard work, determination, belief, graft, ability, bravery, resilience in the space of five minutes. Words I'd use to describe this team of the last 2-3 years. Hibsing it for me now means not knowing when you're beaten and fighting till the bitter end to get what you want.

Lancs Harp
18-02-2018, 08:42 PM
The whole build up to that goal summed up what this team is about. Lewis Stevenson gets a belter of a head knock but is back up and back on before you know it. Sevco push forward for what in previous years would have been a winning goal but hard work, closing down and determination pushes them back before David Gray robs them. Push forward, a save, a corner and Liam Henderson was the calmest man in that stadium to deliver an absolute millimetre perfect cross.

Hard work, determination, belief, graft, ability, bravery, resilience in the space of five minutes. Words I'd use to describe this team of the last 2-3 years. Hibsing it for me now means not knowing when you're beaten and fighting till the bitter end to get what you want.

Spot on fella. The new Hibs.

jacomo
18-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Liam Fontaine too.

Recruiting and keeping a good group of players is what it’s all about really.

We should think of them in the same light as previous great teams - the Heroes.

calumhibee1
18-02-2018, 09:15 PM

Throw in JC, Keatings, Fonts, Hendo, Stokes, Fyvie and Logan etc. We've been VERY lucky that you could probably argue we've had about 15 players over the last 3 years or so who have been outstanding servants to our club and a lot of other very decent ones to go along with them.

Forza Fred
18-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Dinnae forget Conrad ...in the semi

superfurryhibby
18-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Having been ended as a football club I must say the afterlife is everything it's cracked up to be.

Funny, because The Rangers have found reincarnation a bit tricky.

There is an opportunity build on what's been achieved. This club is on an upward trajectory.

The Spaceman
18-02-2018, 10:09 PM
We have so many likeable and talented players in our squad (with a number of long-standing servants as well). Definitely have felt more of a connection with the Hibs team of the past 3 years than any other. Legends.

Bay Area Hibees
19-02-2018, 03:17 AM
We have so many likeable and talented players in our squad (with a number of long-standing servants as well). Definitely have felt more of a connection with the Hibs team of the past 3 years than any other. Legends.

Wonderful thread. Spot on. Top down the club is in great health.

houstonhibbee
19-02-2018, 04:41 AM
Wonderful thread. Spot on. Top down the club is in great health.
where about in the bay area are you?
Im in Santa Clara currently

heretoday
19-02-2018, 05:40 AM
I hope we can play like this for the rest of the season.

But hey! We're Hibs! Swings and roundabouts.

Col2
19-02-2018, 06:48 AM

Truly the greatest moment for any football club at any level in terms of impact. EVERYTHING changed from that moment.

hibsbollah
19-02-2018, 07:57 AM
Funny, because The Rangers have found reincarnation a bit tricky.

There is an opportunity build on what's been achieved. This club is on an upward trajectory.

I didn't pay much attention in RE at school but I think you could say 'the thes' are currently in purgatory, way before reincarnation. Then again, the protestants didn't believe in all that...

SouthMoroccoStu
19-02-2018, 08:54 AM
I got quite maudlin in January because I realised for various reasons; injury, age or being coveted by other clubs that a few of our squad of the last few years won’t be around for that much longer. That speaks volumes for them because a hell of a lot of the players we have had in the last decade have been instantly forgettable or are remembered for all the wrong reasons.

Every single one of the guys named have given their all for us in their time with us and have given us not only trophies and a promotion but our pride back. If you had said to me in the aftermath of the Hamilton game that in 3 years we would have won the Scottish Cup, been promoted, be sitting 4th in the top flight, have went 9 games unbeaten v Hearts and be pulling in our biggest crowds in decades I would have thought you were mad. For all the praise given to the board room and managers without the players doing their part none of it would have happened.

Hibs legends.

Sums it up perfectly for me

We've seen many team across the UK get relegated and still haven't recovered - Ipswich have spent 16 years in the English championship

Big change (on and off the pitch) was need at the club and that's exactly what we got

19-02-2018, 12:33 PM
Liam Fontaine too.

Recruiting and keeping a good group of players is what it’s all about really.

We should think of them in the same light as previous great teams - the Heroes.

The Hampden Heroes.

jacomo
19-02-2018, 02:12 PM
The Hampden Heroes.

:thumbsup: