PDA

View Full Version : Singing section

17-02-2018, 11:16 PM
Back to the east asap please if the FF lower isn’t available.

The current set up is not working in terms of atmosphere.

Nameless
17-02-2018, 11:23 PM
They were awfully quiet in the first half, but louder when we were winning. Surely their role is to be loud when we are having to dig in - not criticising them, as I think they are a boon, but they were off it today.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Zondervan
18-02-2018, 12:00 AM
They were awfully quiet in the first half, but louder when we were winning. Surely their role is to be loud when we are having to dig in - not criticising them, as I think they are a boon, but they were off it today.

Sounded loud enough to me in West Upper, South. For the whole game. Even when we were drawing.

Alexander O’Neil is out in force, regardless, when in comes to the signing section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nameless
18-02-2018, 12:06 AM
Sounded loud enough to me in West Upper, South. For the whole game. Even when we were drawing.

Alexander O’Neil is out in force, regardless, when in comes to the signing section.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI was in the FF lower, directly below them. Maybe the acoustics are crap where I was.

SChibs
18-02-2018, 12:44 AM
Sounded great to me

yonder1875
18-02-2018, 01:15 AM
I sit in section 43 and while I could see them bounce in the second half, most of the time the East is signing a different song.

My opinion is that they work best up the back of section 43.

MaxPower75
18-02-2018, 01:22 AM
I was in the FF lower, directly below them. Maybe the acoustics are crap where I was.

Sent from my D5503 using TapatalkI'm up in the FF upper away from the singing section, doesn't sound great from there to be honest. Not terrible but not the same as the east

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

seanshow
18-02-2018, 01:37 AM
Here's an idea, why don't we have 2 singing sections :)

...or one big one, ie everybody

:flag:

MaxPower75
18-02-2018, 01:46 AM
Here's an idea, why don't we have 2 singing sections :)

...or one big one, ie everybody

:flag:How often does the whole stadium *Hibs fans actually all sing?. After a derby win maybe?.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

BlackSheep
18-02-2018, 05:38 AM
My ST is in the East on the halfway line and usually the singing section seems quiet, but today I was in the West Upper on the halfway line and it sounded much better... I really do think it’s the acoustics... all of the singing section noise seems to be reflected off the FF Upper wall and back towards the West and South Stands.

It’s the same for the tannoys... much better in the West than the East and I think that’s to do with acoustics of the direction of the speakers in the east in comparison to the west.

Would be great of if any audio experts who know a little about acoustics could help have bs out with these issues.

The Singing section only needs moved out of the FF Upper concerned to a more central section the FF, away from the wall that seems to steal any sound away from travelling over to the East stand, it doesn’t have to be in the lower tier and I suspect the sound would travel better from the Upper.

Hibs53
18-02-2018, 07:04 AM
Watching the highlights,there seems to be plenty of available seats Ff lower.

Ronniekirk
18-02-2018, 07:49 AM
I sit in section 43 and while I could see them bounce in the second half, most of the time the East is signing a different song.

My opinion is that they work best up the back of section 43.

Agree but they then can't stop the few idiots that join in and misbehave Thats what got them moved to the foot of Section 43 and it didnt work the same there
Agree it isn't loud enough to get the whole stadium joining in where it currently is So either they try and get more people and extend it next Season to double its size at least or its back to the Drawing board

Chuck Rhoades
18-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Agree but they then can't stop the few idiots that join in and misbehave Thats what got them moved to the foot of Section 43 and it didnt work the same there
Agree it isn't loud enough to get the whole stadium joining in where it currently is So either they try and get more people and extend it next Season to double its size at least or its back to the Drawing board

To be clear, we’ve never been moved anywhere. We’ve driven and hosen both moves. FF hasn’t worked as planned - but we perserve and keep going. No more moves will be happening unless to FF Lower in Safe Standing, which is our next objective to drive with the club.

For starters, if the 300 supporters in S25 all sang it would make a hell of a difference, never mind the rest of the support. People would rather sit on their phones the whole match it seems.

Ronniekirk
18-02-2018, 08:05 AM
To be clear, we’ve never been moved anywhere. We’ve driven and hosen both moves. FF hasn’t worked as planned - but we perserve and keep going. No more moves will be happening unless to FF Lower in Safe Standing, which is our next objective to drive with the club.

For starters, if the 300 supporters in S25 all sang it would make a hell of a difference, never mind the rest of the support. People would rather sit on their phones the whole match it seems.

I thought people had opted to sit in Section 25 to be part of the Singing Section Bit disappointed folk aren't then joining in
I was up out my seat do many times in the second half due to the excitement of the quality of our play Folk kept telling me to sit down
If there was a Safe Standing Section where Singing Section was i would opt to go there , but where it is just now doesn't appeal to me

theonlywayisup
18-02-2018, 09:06 AM
Watching the highlights,there seems to be plenty of available seats Ff lower.

Not this again!!

Loads of empty seats in the East sections closest to the FF too.

theonlywayisup
18-02-2018, 09:10 AM
No more moves will be happening unless to FF Lower in Safe Standing, which is our next objective to drive with the club.

And if that was to happen if would be financial suicide for the football club. But, hey ho, the atmosphere will allegedly be better.

If anyone doubts the financial suicide, please refer to the countless other threads we've had on this subject.

Carheenlea
18-02-2018, 09:13 AM
Atmosphere was great yesterday. Lots of noise all round the stadium. It's not all about singing.

Chuck Rhoades
18-02-2018, 09:47 AM
And if that was to happen if would be financial suicide for the football club. But, hey ho, the atmosphere will allegedly be better.

If anyone doubts the financial suicide, please refer to the countless other threads we've had on this subject.

Financial suicide - are you referring to the cost of integrating? If so, would your opinion change if it was fully funded by the support?

Austinho
18-02-2018, 09:59 AM
I think there are a number of problems with the location.

1. The club (or was it Section 43 who requested the move?) were obviously inspired by the singing section at Brondby where they were up in the corner. That worked more successfully because the stadium has the corners filled in and the noise can spread. Our singing section is stuck next to a giant perspex wall, so the noise doesn’t travel anywhere.
2. Having a singing section only works if the sections next to them also join in and spread the atmosphere. The fans who are in the east seemed more engaged in the singing that the ones in the FF. The reason for this is anyone’s guess. Perhaps because the old east was our traditional noisy place, and that’s where the fans who enjoy a sing song migrated to when the stand was rebuilt. May take a few years to change that if we plan to persevere with the current location.
3. The two tiered stands aren’t quite as good for generating an atmosphere, at least not compared to the East.
4. The singing section is way too far away from the away end. We’ve lost the camaraderie and intense atmosphere between the opposition fans. This is a big factor in creating atmosphere. The singing section can’t hear the away fans, and the away fans can’t hear the singing section.

Keith_M
18-02-2018, 10:00 AM
I was in the West Upper and thought the East Stand, Section 43, sounded louder from there. This is purely by shear weight of numbers, as when we were winning, the rest of the East tended to join in, whereas that's not so true about the FF.

Maybe it's a good thing having two singing sections.

:dunno:

Baldy Foghorn
18-02-2018, 10:12 AM
Folks can choose to sing, or choose not to. The boys in signing section are trying to add atmosphere, and shouldn't be knocked for it....

Keith_M
18-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Folks can choose to sing, or choose not to. The boys in signing section are trying to add atmosphere, and shouldn't be knocked for it....

Naw, the West Stand folks are boring and need slagged off about it.

RyeSloan
18-02-2018, 10:24 AM

Who’s knocking them for it?

It’s blindingly obvious that the move has resulted in a poorer atmosphere.

It’s a shame as last season S43 and the East were really starting to make a consistent and loud contribution to the game but this season that’s just not happened as often or as effectively.

Even bigger shame to hear S43 have no plans to move back to the East. I appreciate that such a move would be complex esp. after it was S43 that pushed for the original move to the FF but none the less I think it’s pretty clear that’s what should happen.

Keith_M
18-02-2018, 10:27 AM
As the Singing Section(s) are consistently outsung by the away support, maybe they should all move to the South Stand.

:duck:

kaimendhibs
18-02-2018, 10:30 AM
I sit in next section to them. They do a great job but have no chance if others won't join in.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Baldy Foghorn
18-02-2018, 10:30 AM

I'm in West, certainly not boring :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
18-02-2018, 10:31 AM
Who’s knocking them for it?

It’s blindingly obvious that the move has resulted in a poorer atmosphere.

It’s a shame as last season S43 and the East were really starting to make a consistent and loud contribution to the game but this season that’s just not happened as often or as effectively.

Even bigger shame to hear S43 have no plans to move back to the East. I appreciate that such a move would be complex esp. after it was S43 that pushed for the original move to the FF but none the less I think it’s pretty clear that’s what should happen.

Maybe others should join in?

wookie70
18-02-2018, 10:40 AM
My seat is in the west upper front row at the 18 yard line Dunbar End. Section 43 is pretty much opposite and of it wasn't for the drums I'd presume the singing section was still in S43 as that is where most of the noise comes from, at least from where I am sitting. It's also where most of the noise has came from for the last 40 years so not surprising.

The atmosphere was decent in the second half but very quiet in the first.

we are hibs
18-02-2018, 10:45 AM
I sit in next section to them. They do a great job but have no chance if others won't join in.

Its hard to join in something you can't hear tbf. I was in 38 of the east stand yesterday and could hear the drum and that was it.

wearethehibs
18-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Im in the section and it amazes me how many people do not join in and at times, look at the guys in the front rows like they are idiots, for trying to get an atmosphere going.

Why buy a ticket there if you have no interest in singing??

Jack Hackett
18-02-2018, 10:54 AM
I have a feeling that the problem is the acoustics inside the stadium, because the singing came over loud and clear on the telly, and was quite impressive

RyeSloan
18-02-2018, 11:02 AM
Maybe others should join in?

Jeeez, nae need to be quite as deliberately obtuse on a Sunday morning [emoji57]

The main ‘support actor’ to S43 is/was the East. They can’t be heard there so how on earth can people join in to something the struggle to hear?

If we are waiting for the FF or the West to do what the East and S43 do with the songs then we will be waiting a long time. That’s no slight on anyone for ‘not joining in’ just the way it is.

O'Rourke3
18-02-2018, 11:02 AM

It's not good form to sing with your mouth full of prawn, just saying.....

wookie70
18-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Im in the section and it amazes me how many people do not join in and at times, look at the guys in the front rows like they are idiots, for trying to get an atmosphere going.

Why buy a ticket there if you have no interest in singing??

Because the front row of an upper stand has more leg room and a great view of the pitch. Were they there before the singing section or did fans just take advantage of other fans moving out to get really good seats, not many top seats left for STs these days. They may just like listening of course. Not sure how many are in the singing section but it's not enough for the noise you generate to kick the atmosphere off stadium wide. No idea why you moved there as S43 was by far the most sensible place for a singing section imo

Lee Marvin
18-02-2018, 11:15 AM
Not the boys fault, but the move has been a massive failure. That's almost not even debatable.

I'd be gutted if it remains there next season. Come back over to the East lads!!!

18-02-2018, 11:18 AM
Even moving them to the other side of the FF upper would be preferable as the sound would travel to the east

SirDavidsNapper
18-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Pretty sure it'll move next season. Worth the experiment but just doesn't work.

Elephant Stone
18-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Centre, back of the East would be best for atmosphere spreading.

percy veer
18-02-2018, 11:26 AM
Not the boys fault, but the move has been a massive failure. That's almost not even debatable.

I'd be gutted if it remains there next season. Come back over to the East lads!!!

Massive failure, was it not them that organised the display before the hearts game, you sit in the east you thought the atmosphere was better when they were in the east, I sit in the famous 5 I think the atmosphere is better now , go figure, or just try a sing song yourself.

RoscoHibby
18-02-2018, 11:38 AM
I sit in 43 and you can hardly hear the singing section at all. Sometimes if there is no other noise going on.
There is a group of guys at the back of 43 where the original sect 43 were based that try and get songs going, would be amazing if the drum and all moved close to them, as the 2 of them starting songs, would result in a big noise and the rest of the east joining in...makes sense to me..

K.Marx
18-02-2018, 11:38 AM
Pretty sure it'll move next season. Worth the experiment but just doesn't work.

Already been confirmed on this thread that it won’t be moving

Thecat23
18-02-2018, 11:39 AM
Massive failure, was it not them that organised the display before the hearts game, you sit in the east you thought the atmosphere was better when they were in the east, I sit in the famous 5 I think the atmosphere is better now , go figure, or just try a sing song yourself.

I don’t think anyone can honestly say it’s better now than the east. When in the east you could hear it clear as day with more folk joining in. Stuck up in the FF corner was a huge mistake. The boys are still doing a good job trying to get an atmosphere but I sit in the West lower and it’s a muffled sound.

Johnny Clash
18-02-2018, 11:58 AM
The move resulted in hundreds more supporters buying tickets to sit in the singing section. It’s more than weird if many of them don’t join in with the singing. I don’t think anyone saw that coming!

It turns out the acoustics don’t work in that corner. That’s despite the first few rows trying their level best to generate noise and boost the atmosphere. There will be no mass exodus soon so some ideas on this thread worth building on. Like maybe a dum at the back of section 43 ? Try it out for the hearts game to see what difference that makes?

thebakerboy
18-02-2018, 12:03 PM
I sit in the FF upper and found it strange that at times I could hear The Dons fans and the fans in the East above the singing section just along from my seat.

Aim Here
18-02-2018, 12:07 PM
I sit in the FF upper and found it strange that at times I could hear The Dons fans and the fans in the East above the singing section just along from my seat.

I wonder if the acoustics work the other way and the centre/east half of the South Stand can hear the home singing section louder than the away fans.

wearethehibs
18-02-2018, 12:15 PM
End of the day, we are there to create an atmosphere to urge on the players. Can all the acustics experts confirm if the players can hear the singing section fine?

kaimendhibs
18-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Its hard to join in something you can't hear tbf. I was in 38 of the east stand yesterday and could hear the drum and that was it.Sorry, meant FF should join in then that would hopefully spread to other stands

ToffeeCabbage
18-02-2018, 12:25 PM
Can't fault the guys for effort but I think most recognise a move to FF lower or back to the east would be better. Selfishly I'd like it back in the east so I can get involved but I think FF lower would look absolutely brilliant, especially on highlights when we score down that end.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

K.Marx
18-02-2018, 12:29 PM
I think FF lower would look absolutely brilliant, especially on highlights when we score down that end.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

A last minute winner against hearts with all our bams behind the goals would be a sight to behold 😎

Onceinawhile
18-02-2018, 12:48 PM
It worked well on the first day v partick thistle but imo that's because the ff lower joined in.

I reckon my son and I are the only two people who sing in our entire block. Thankfully I'm not bothered when folk look at me like I'm a dafty.

Tom Hart RIP
18-02-2018, 01:09 PM
I thought they were a bit subdued yesterday, particularly before the game started. The guys seemed to take their seats just before kick off. I actually wondered if there had been some problem I wasn't aware of but when the game started they seemed to perk up.I'm in West Upper and hear them well. Keep up the good work

Robinho08
18-02-2018, 01:18 PM
I've only been to ER a few times this season, but totally agree they need to be back in the East.

WhileTheChief..
18-02-2018, 01:36 PM
I sit in the West upper and could hear plenty noise from the East yesterday.

It’s so much better when it just happens instead of trying to orchestrate things. This whole singing section thing just feels a bit fake. The only thing that makes it a singing section is a drum!

The East has always been the loudest of the stands, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

If the lads in the singing section want to stick together they should take the whole of section 45 as there’s plenty seats available. Just take the drum there!

We can’t keep getting folk to change seats just because the singing section want a better part of the stadium.

Keith_M
18-02-2018, 02:11 PM
I'm in West, certainly not boring :greengrin

Im normally in the West, and aye it is :-P

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2018, 02:24 PM
I sit in the West upper and could hear plenty noise from the East yesterday.

It’s so much better when it just happens instead of trying to orchestrate things. This whole singing section thing just feels a bit fake. The only thing that makes it a singing section is a drum!

The East has always been the loudest of the stands, I don’t see it changing anytime soon.

If the lads in the singing section want to stick together they should take the whole of section 45 as there’s plenty seats available. Just take the drum there!

We can’t keep getting folk to change seats just because the singing section want a better part of the stadium.

Not when i was growing up, it was always behind the goal where all the noise came from, plus a few foot stamps of Hibees Hibees from the north stand.

heretoday
18-02-2018, 02:44 PM
Not when i was growing up, it was always behind the goal where all the noise came from, plus a few foot stamps of Hibees Hibees from the north stand.

Great days! When the stand started up it was a magic sound. The sound of victory!

WhileTheChief..
18-02-2018, 02:54 PM
plus a few foot stamps of Hibees Hibees from the north stand.

:agree: Also remember the wee pie stall in the old stand. Changed days!

Thinking about it it was the old west upper we did the foot stamp thing.

HibeeHibernian4
18-02-2018, 03:59 PM
First half yesterday was fairly quiet in the section. As others have already said, there seem to be a fair few who stand there on their phones and don't really want to sing, which seems a bit odd if you've bought your season ticket in the singing section. Similar happens at Celtic come to think of it, the top half of their standing section don't seem that interested compared to the bottom half.

Feel for the first 3 or 4 rows, who try to keep things going. It definitely fell a bit flat towards the end of the first half, but in the second half it was much, much better. To those in the East who couldn't hear it, watch it back on Alba, it comes across just fine. It's definitely the acoustics rather than a lack of effort. It's also been good to hear the East, at times, starting up chants of their own. Two stands signing can be no bad thing. Personally think we should look into crowd funding safe standing and get the lower turned into a proper place for Hibs fans to sing, I think at that point people would be more tempted to move from the East.

Johnny Clash
18-02-2018, 04:31 PM
. Personally think we should look into crowd funding safe standing and get the lower turned into a proper place for Hibs fans to sing, I think at that point people would be more tempted to move from the East.

Better still - fill in the corner between the FF and the East. Make it safe standing. Ideal home for the singing section . Build a bar in the space behind it. Bingo!!

WhileTheChief..
18-02-2018, 04:33 PM
:agree: Would be ideal.

Use the McGinn cash for it :offski: