PDA

View Full Version : Is big Darren McGregor ok?

Ilovehibs
17-02-2018, 09:59 PM
Just finished watching the game on Alba- near the end big Daz is seen grimacing to himself when not involved in the play. Hadn't seen this at the actual game.
He appeared ok when applauding the fans today after the final whistle but now wondering if he was feeling his hammy again. Really hope not. Any word?

Bob Box Fish
17-02-2018, 10:07 PM
Hope so him and Hanlon were phenomenal today. Big effe too

truehibernian
17-02-2018, 10:13 PM
What I loved was seeing May (or maybe it was Christie) trying to square up to him briefly second half after a challenge and him totally bricking it when Darren loomed over him :greengrin when you look at the centre halves we have had these last few years, like Stephens, Dickoh and O'Hanlon :rolleyes: and you see what we have in big Darren, the lord make us truly thankful as they say........brilliant player to have at the club :aok:

StevieT
17-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Certainly seemed to be ok in hospitality after the game

greenlex
17-02-2018, 10:14 PM
Just finished watching the game on Alba- near the end big Daz is seen grimacing to himself when not involved in the play. Hadn't seen this at the actual game.
He appeared ok when applauding the fans today after the final whistle but now wondering if he was feeling his hammy again. Really hope not. Any word?
He had got clattered late on in the game. I’m sure it’s nothin to do with his hamstring injury.

IGRIGI
17-02-2018, 10:19 PM
when you look at the centre halves we have had these last few years, like Stephens, Dickoh and O'Hanlon :rolleyes:

There should be a warning in place before names like that are mentioned 😣

Ilovehibs
17-02-2018, 10:26 PM

That is brilliant to hear thanks. Big Darren is an absolute King. Love the boy.

Ilovehibs
17-02-2018, 10:27 PM
What I loved was seeing May (or maybe it was Christie) trying to square up to him briefly second half after a challenge and him totally bricking it when Darren loomed over him :greengrin when you look at the centre halves we have had these last few years, like Stephens, Dickoh and O'Hanlon :rolleyes: and you see what we have in big Darren, the lord make us truly thankful as they say........brilliant player to have at the club :aok:

Hear hear!

truehibernian
17-02-2018, 10:32 PM
There should be a warning in place before names like that are mentioned 😣

David Stephens is by far and away the worst defender I have ever laid eyes on at Hibs..........closely followed by Michael Hart :agree: sorry if that made you shudder further :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
18-02-2018, 12:22 AM
David Stephens is by far and away the worst defender I have ever laid eyes on at Hibs..........closely followed by Michael Hart :agree: sorry if that made you shudder further :greengrinNames like these make you realise how lucky we are with the current team/squad at our disposal. Add to them the likes of McGivern and Tim Clancy
....some real imposters

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

truehibernian
18-02-2018, 12:31 AM
Names like these make you realise how lucky we are with the current team/squad at our disposal. Add to them the likes of McGivern and Tim Clancy
....some real imposters

Won't see a bigger one at any football club in my opinion BH :aok::agree: talked a good game, never played a good game, full of mince :agree::agree:

Borderhibbie76
18-02-2018, 12:34 AM
Won't see a bigger one at any football club in my opinion BH :aok::agree: talked a good game, never played a good game, full of mince :agree::agree:Complete wage thief - however those dark times make the current team and last few seasons all the sweeter

truehibernian
18-02-2018, 12:40 AM
Complete wage thief - however those dark times make the current team and last few seasons all the sweeter

If a pro footballer put in as much effort on the pitch and on the training field as Tim did on Twitter then we'd have had a Dani Alves on our hands.............sadly for Hibs we had a guy who had zero interest in getting fit and for me an absolute chancer - thankfully found out :agree:

stoneyburn hibs
18-02-2018, 12:48 AM
If a pro footballer put in as much effort on the pitch and on the training field as Tim did on Twitter then we'd have had a Dani Alves on our hands.............sadly for Hibs we had a guy who had zero interest in getting fit and for me an absolute chancer - thankfully found out :agree:

Imposter , just over 100 appearances for Killie, Motherwell and us in 7 years. Now manager of Drogheda.

HoboHarry
18-02-2018, 05:20 AM
David Stephens is by far and away the worst defender I have ever laid eyes on at Hibs..........closely followed by Michael Hart :agree: sorry if that made you shudder further :greengrin

You are too young to remember Klaus Dietrich aren't you?

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2018, 06:18 AM

Michael Hart is the answer to question ‘does anybody think he can still do a job for us?’ We bought him about half a decade too late.

brog
18-02-2018, 09:08 AM

Agreed, he was Wee Pat's 2nd most baffling selection. Started every pre season game & 1st game at Tannadice. Got released a few days later. Truly bizarre.

H18 SFR
18-02-2018, 12:18 PM

I first read that as he certainly seemed ok in hospital after the game. Phew!

Iain G
18-02-2018, 01:23 PM

I see your Michael Hart and raise you a Jamie McQuilken...

FitbaFolkKen
18-02-2018, 01:47 PM
Agreed, he was Wee Pat's 2nd most baffling selection. Started every pre season game & 1st game at Tannadice. Got released a few days later. Truly bizarre.

He was released on the last day of the January window with Sodje, played a few games that season but we had Francomb, Doherty and Towell who could play there..... what a grim time!

The_Horde
18-02-2018, 01:58 PM

Dickoh was decent imo.

SirDavidsNapper
18-02-2018, 01:59 PM

German Miller signing? Remember being excited we signed a foreigner!

oldbutdim
18-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Derek Anderson.

There,

You made me say it.

ToffeeCabbage
19-02-2018, 12:13 AM
Dickoh was decent imo.I didn't mind Dickoh either. Scoring at Ibrox in that 3-0 game nobody saw coming under Calderwood probably helped

jgl07
19-02-2018, 01:13 AM
You mean the guy who made one appearance for Hibs and was subbed and emptied the next week?

One of McLeish's signings in his 'revolver door' phase.

Bayern Bru
19-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Thread turns into a crap defenders discussion and yet no one has seen fit to mention Daniel Boateng?

Sakes. :bitchy:

Lester B
19-02-2018, 07:02 PM
Thread turns into a crap defenders discussion and yet no one has seen fit to mention Daniel Boateng?

Sakes. :bitchy:

Or Colin Murdock??

Bayern Bru
19-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Or Colin Murdock??

At least big PC scored a penalty to get us into a cup final... (about which the less said the better)

:rolleyes:

Lester B
19-02-2018, 07:07 PM
At least big PC scored a penalty to get us into a cup final... (about which the less said the better)

:rolleyes:

True. He had one great moment. It wasn't in open play though.He found that errr more difficult!! :wink:

jacomo
19-02-2018, 07:14 PM
I love the docile expression on big Daz’s face whenever he’s been involved in a confrontation. He just looks like a peace-loving bystander, albeit one built like an oak tree.