PDA

View Full Version : Var

overdrive
17-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Anyone watching the Huddersfield vs Man Utd match? What a farce with the wobbly lines on the VAR.

Benny Brazil
17-02-2018, 05:31 PM
Was strange - they've just had clarification that the VAR ref had a different view and had straight lines on it.
Still don't think it was offside though

Time For Heroes
17-02-2018, 05:32 PM
Really strange. It's actually laughable that they were using wiggly lines.

Northernhibee
17-02-2018, 05:33 PM
This is why video technology in football is an awful idea - controversy is part of football (moaning in the staff canteen on Monday morning about dodgy decisions) and video technology slows things down and still doesn't fix half of the problems.

murray26
17-02-2018, 06:02 PM
There’s nothing wrong with VAR it’s the idiots in charge of it that’s the problem

overdrive
17-02-2018, 06:07 PM
There’s nothing wrong with VAR it’s the idiots in charge of it that’s the problem

In this case there was something wrong with the VAR. The software wasn’t working.

Northernhibee
17-02-2018, 06:11 PM
In this case there was something wrong with the VAR. The software wasn’t working.

Herein lies the problem with VAR. What's more interesting to rant about in the pub afterwards?

"That ref is a disgrace, he's on the take from the other side, guaranteed"

"The software wasn't working, someone needs to update Adobe Flash".

cleanyman
17-02-2018, 06:15 PM
VAR is woeful

Hopeless in Italy and Germany as well. I'm avid anti-VAR . Get this nonsense out of the game.

HibbyDave
17-02-2018, 07:15 PM
VAR is woeful

Hopeless in Italy and Germany as well. I'm avid anti-VAR . Get this nonsense out of the game.

I like it especially in rugby where the players give the officials respect. Its needed in football if only to make the incompetent officials think twice before awarding a dodgy penalty (Craig Thomson take note)!

worcesterhibby
17-02-2018, 07:41 PM
VAR is bollocks (I realise that will get starred out, but it's the only word).

Edit..Hey I never realised we could say bollocks on Hibs.net !

cleanyman
17-02-2018, 07:46 PM
I like it especially in rugby where the players give the officials respect. Its needed in football if only to make the incompetent officials think twice before awarding a dodgy penalty (Craig Thomson take note)!

That's one of the problems for me though.

The culture of the games are entirely different. In rugby the referee is shown total respect. That just doesn't happen in football and means VAR is open to abuse. Look at what happened in the Liverpool game where the referee wasn't even going to look at it until a crowd of Liverpool players swarmed him

Just a terrible idea. I'm cool with goal like technology.