PDA

View Full Version : Ofir Marciano

Northernhibee
17-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Contender for the best keeper active in the league just now IMO. Little bit of a shaky start this season but has really found his form again and his shot stopping is fantastic.

Hi Heid Yin
17-02-2018, 05:29 PM
Contender for the best keeper active in the league just now IMO. Little bit of a shaky start this season but has really found his form again and his shot stopping is fantastic.

:agree::agree:

Jack Hackett
17-02-2018, 05:29 PM

No argument from me

GlesgaeHibby
17-02-2018, 05:49 PM

He's been in great form recently, and long may it continue. Been impressed with his distribution lately in addition to his excellent shot stopping ability.

Pains me to say it, but the best keeper in the league this season has been Jon McLaughlin at Hearts - glad he's heading back down south next season.

SChibs
17-02-2018, 05:51 PM
He's been in great form recently, and long may it continue. Been impressed with his distribution lately in addition to his excellent shot stopping ability.

Pains me to say it, but the best keeper in the league this season has been Jon McLaughlin at Hearts - glad he's heading back down south next season.

Seen some stats earlier that backs up what you said. But it also says hearts have faced more shots on target this season than hibs so maybe we have a better defence!

greenlex
17-02-2018, 07:09 PM
That save he made from McLean. I’ll be honest if he hadn’t got it it would have been in the howler category. Settled into a steady keeper tho.

Sir David Gray
17-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Very good goalkeeper. Obviously has flaws or he wouldn't be playing for Hibs but he is extremely reliable.

hibbysam
17-02-2018, 07:11 PM
That save he made from McLean. I’ll be honest if he hadn’t got it it would have been in the howler category. Settled into a steady keeper tho.

Eh? He made it look outstanding but it was still a very good save. ‘Steady’ is understatement of the year. Gained us plenty of points in 2018 alone already. World class stop after world class stop game after game.

thebakerboy
17-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Think maybe earlier in the season his mind might of been elsewhere a bit with the birth of his first child and the health problems with the child may have been a distraction , but a recent visit back to Isreal and the good health now of the baby maybe he is back to his best.

Sammy7nil
17-02-2018, 07:13 PM

He had little to do today and other than a save for the cameras he was shaky, he missed a cross and fumbled a shot. Having said that he has been great for weeks but today is not the day to start a Rocky thread imho

greenlex
17-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Eh? He made it look outstanding but it was still a very good save. ‘Steady’ is understatement of the year. Gained us plenty of points in 2018 alone already. World class stop after world class stop game after game.

Just watched it on the telly box. It would have been poor if he hadn’t stopped it. A howler is maybe a bit strong but he would have got pelters. .

scotia44
17-02-2018, 09:40 PM
He had little to do today and other than a save for the cameras he was shaky, he missed a cross and fumbled a shot. Having said that he has been great for weeks but today is not the day to start a Rocky thread imho

That ball moved wickedly, granted would probably liked to have held it but stopped it from going in which he is paid for I don't ask painter how he painted a door I just admire the finished article

Sammy7nil
17-02-2018, 09:43 PM
That ball moved wickedly, granted would probably liked to have held it but stopped it from going in which he is paid for I don't ask painter how he painted a door I just admire the finished article

If the painter did a great job on the door but spilt the paint all over your floor you might mention it :wink:

BigT-Hibeez
17-02-2018, 09:57 PM

Still think it's his weakest strength.. Thought his long distribution was pretty poor today..

scotia44
17-02-2018, 10:18 PM
If the painter did a great job on the door but spilt the paint all over your floor you might mention it :wink:

If it's cleaned up like today then no harm done 😜

Danderhall Hibs
17-02-2018, 10:27 PM
Still think it's his weakest strength.. Thought his long distribution was pretty poor today..

I love the use of “weakest strength” mate. Think I’ll start using that one. 👍

hibsbollah
17-02-2018, 10:34 PM
I love the use of “weakest strength” mate. Think I’ll start using that one. 👍

It's his strongest weakness :agree:

hibbysam
17-02-2018, 10:39 PM

Really? I thought he targeted GMS playing left wing back against Boyle and found Boyle time and again.

Danderhall Hibs
17-02-2018, 10:42 PM
It's his strongest weakness :agree:

Aye but that sounds negative in comparison to weakest strength.

superfurryhibby
17-02-2018, 10:49 PM

His distribution was excellent today. He found his man more often than not and have to say he 's a better passer of the ball than Darren. Very good today, should have held that shot second half, but that aside, he was class.

truehibernian
17-02-2018, 10:54 PM
It's weird, but with the furore around McGinn and his supposed valuation, and players like Dylan and contract negotiations - I genuinely think that Ofir is the kind of player who we would get a huge fee for if and when the time comes. Wouldn't want to lose him of course, but I think many many clubs would and will be watching him. Good keepers are a rare breed. We happen to have a very very good one.

neil7908
17-02-2018, 11:32 PM
I was delighted to when we signed him permanently and apart from from a small spell where he lost a bit of confidence he's been brilliant