PDA

View Full Version : Derek McInnes

Carheenlea
17-02-2018, 05:28 PM
That's a classy interview. Levein take note.

essexhibee
17-02-2018, 05:33 PM
What did he say?

Sir David Gray
17-02-2018, 05:35 PM
What did he say?

Gave us a lot of praise, said they were lucky to lose 2-0 and we completely deserved the win.

Mr Grieves
17-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Very honest and complimentary about us. He was spot on

DavidDavidGray
17-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Classy interview and quite refreshing.

Mr White
17-02-2018, 05:41 PM
Quite refreshing but it'll have been given for tactical reasons as much as bona fide congratulations.

SouthMoroccoStu
Levein would never be that honest

It goes against his inbred Jambo instincts

Jim44
He said “we murdered them in the second half.”

YehButNoBut
17-02-2018, 05:45 PM
What did he say?

Posted at 17:30
Hibs 'murdered' Dons - McInnesFT: Hibernian 2-0 Aberdeen

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes tells BBC Scotland: "Even though the score was 2-0, I thought we got murdered today.
"The player who took responsibility was in a green and white shirt. They won more tackles, they were brighter, had a better appetite than us.
"You can sometimes accept when you haven't played well but you still see us taking responsibility for it.
"I didn't think we did that enough, which is unusual for us. We were lucky to get away with two.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Fair play to McInnes.

The Leith Dutch
17-02-2018, 05:52 PM
Posted at17:30
Hibs 'murdered' Dons - McInnes

FT: Hibernian 2-0 Aberdeen

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes tells BBC Scotland: "Even though the score was 2-0, I thought we got murdered today.
"The player who took responsibility was in a green and white shirt. They won more tackles, they were brighter, had a better appetite than us.
"You can sometimes accept when you haven't played well but you still see us taking responsibility for it.
"I didn't think we did that enough, which is unusual for us. We were lucky to get away with two.

It's an interesting one. While he's not being disrespectful he's pointing the finger at his own players.

Now I actually think Aberdeen played pretty well which is why I rate our performance today so highly - we beat a very good team without needing to catch them on an off day.

Joe Baker2
17-02-2018, 05:59 PM
He paid great respect to Hibs in that interview. So respect to him.

Levein pay attention you C ** nt

B.H.F.C
17-02-2018, 06:03 PM
It's an interesting one. While he's not being disrespectful he's pointing the finger at his own players.

Now I actually think Aberdeen played pretty well which is why I rate our performance today so highly - we beat a very good team without needing to catch them on an off day.

I thought Aberdeen were garbage.

For all we were good, they didn’t really offer anything at all.

SChibs
17-02-2018, 06:07 PM
I thought Aberdeen were garbage.

For all we were good, they didn’t really offer anything at all.

Fwiw I could see they were a could team but it just wasn't their day if you know what I mean

Hibbyradge
17-02-2018, 06:09 PM
Hibs made Aberdeen look average.

wookie70
17-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Called it how it was. Not much else he could say to be fair as it was so comprehensive.

Dashing Bob S
17-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Not really much between us Adeen and the Huns. They’ve been better at grinding out results against the sides outside the big four.

eastcoasthibby
17-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Well done McInnes great integrity and honesty in his summation of the game thats the way to do an interview.

Gatecrasher
17-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Too bad he wasn't asked why as soon as they went a goal down they started kicking us all over the place. They got about 5 or 6 bookings and it should have been more.

Not In The Know
17-02-2018, 06:30 PM
Aberdeen are a lot more defensive than us. When we got the first goal they had no answer. Plus the majority of their midfield all ended up on yellows (due to being dirty bassas) and were feared to put a tackle in.

Saying that we must be the most fouled team in the league.

HoboHarry
18-02-2018, 05:00 AM
Called it how it was. Not much else he could say to be fair as it was so comprehensive.

He did call it as it was but if you look at classless c***s like Craig Levein, they wouldn't tell a truth like that unless you were pulling their toenails out with a pair of pliers. Refreshing honesty from Derek McInnes and fair play to him for that.

Cabbage East
18-02-2018, 07:40 AM
Too bad he wasn't asked why as soon as they went a goal down they started kicking us all over the place. They got about 5 or 6 bookings and it should have been more.

That’s football. When it’s not your day you get more physical to try to get back into it. I didn’t think they were ‘dirty’.

allezsauzee
18-02-2018, 09:38 AM
That’s football. When it’s not your day you get more physical to try to get back into it. I didn’t think they were ‘dirty’.

I'd agree with that. They certainly were more physical in the 2nd half as they tried to assert themselves but not a dirty team. I thought the ref was a bit card happy. Never a 7 booking game.