PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan and Hibs

MyJo
17-02-2018, 04:42 PM
It just works......all is forgiven.........please stay!

Northernhibee
17-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Won't ever forgive him for the way he tried to leave the first time around.

More performances like today and I'll be happy to forget, though. Top drawer performance.

SirDavidsNapper
17-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Some players suit certain clubs. He now knows that more than anyone. Cant wait for the derby.

calumhibee1
17-02-2018, 04:52 PM

More performances like today and I'll be happy to forget, though. Top drawer performance.

Ridiculous. What a ****ing player he is.

JimboHibs
17-02-2018, 04:54 PM

Ok

jeffers
17-02-2018, 04:56 PM
The guy is class. What a player.

calumhibee1
On that form he should be starting for Scotland. Exceptional.

Diclonius

Ok.

We should be opening talks with Allan and Celtic NOW.

hibsbollah
17-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Scott Allan and Hibs...go together like a pie and a pint. Whisky and cigar. Wine and cheese. Levein and suppositories.

Happy days.

YehButNoBut

Life's too short mate the boy is class, we need to offer him a long term deal if we can sort something out with Celtic, he's made such a difference already in 2 games, beating The Rangers & Aberdeen.

Allan & Hibs just seem to go well together

murray26
He could be the difference this season.. what a player.. as the OP said all is forgiven just a joy to watch

AgentDaleCooper
17-02-2018, 05:00 PM
He is genuinely a wee bit of a genius. Benefit of doubt given to him in a heartbeat for me. Hope he plays here for another 5 years.

IWasThere2016
17-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Top top player.. love watching him.

Allant1981
17-02-2018, 05:01 PM
was excellent today, the 3 in the middle are only going to get better as well

Heisenberg
17-02-2018, 05:02 PM
We have to do everything we can to get him in the summer. Brilliant player.

Jack Hackett
17-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Scott Allan and Hibs...go together like a pie and a pint. Whisky and cigar. Wine and cheese. Levein and suppositories.

Happy days.

:top marks

... especially the last bit :faf:

hibee_girl
17-02-2018, 05:03 PM
He was outstanding today.

Sometimes clubs just suit players, he seems genuinely happy to be back.

Jack Hackett
17-02-2018, 05:04 PM
... and all because Plooky hurt himself :greengrin

IGRIGI
17-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Lennon has done fantastic in January, Stokes out and Allan in has changed us.

murray26
17-02-2018, 05:06 PM
I also think mcginn looks a lot better with him there.. they two in the middle for Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 if they continue or even improve on this form.. long may it continue

Mr White
... and all because Plooky hurt himself :greengrin

Or because Efe smashed him? Depends how you view it :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
He isn't far off the most naturally gifted player in the league. Makes the game look effortless at times. Hibs are definitely his club.

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2018, 05:07 PM
We've been crying out for a very long time, probably since he left for a player who can pick out a forward pass.

He was fantastic today, only behind John McGinn who was sensational all game. :top marks

Northernhibee
17-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Ok.

We should be opening talks with Allan and Celtic NOW.

Tbh - if he can keep this up consistently then we should defo consider it.

Thecat23
17-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Best player on the pitch by a mile today for me. Dylan and John both unreal as well.

Jack Hackett
17-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Or because Efe smashed him? Depends how you view it :greengrin

:whistle:

murray26
17-02-2018, 05:18 PM
We’ve got to attempt some sort of deal with Celtic regarding next season.. time for Lennon to cash in some favours..

SChibs
17-02-2018, 05:21 PM
We’ve got to attempt some sort of deal with Celtic regarding next season.. time for Lennon to cash in some favours..

Don't want to put a negative spin on things but the better he plays for hibs the more chance Celtic might want to keep him. But hopefully we can get him on a deal similar to mcginn. 4 years would be nice. I'm sure Scott Allan has eyes on the back of his head he just seems to know exactly where everyone is

Silversand
17-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Great performance, what a player [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
17-02-2018, 05:24 PM

Absolutely. He’d be a fantastic signing. I’m sure he’d be delighted to stay with us as well.

Hibs4185
17-02-2018, 05:28 PM
Scott Allan was the link we have been missing all year. Dominating teams but a lack of end product.

Absolutely class and I hope we can get a deal done for him.

WhileTheChief..
17-02-2018, 05:30 PM
Nothing to forgive him for.

Outstanding in every way. Hopefully he signs for us for a good few years.

HibeeHibernian4
17-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Some of those through balls are just orgasmic, there’s no other word for it. I’ll hold my hands up, I didn’t like him one bit for what he did to us and wasn’t overjoyed at him coming back, but I take it all back now. Some player. Get him signed permanently in the summer, he just fits this club so well.

Oscar T Grouch
17-02-2018, 05:37 PM
The amount of space his passes made today was unbelievable, we took Aberdeen apart in the 2nd half. He is the final piece in the jigsaw and gives us the best midfield in the country and all of them are Scottish. I remembered today why I loved Scott in his first spell at the club, I hope we can negotiate a deal with celtic to sign him, he must be able to see we are the best match for him.

SChibs
17-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Can't blame him for wanting to leave for more money to be honest. We can only pay him so much and it's not enough for how good he is! Doesn't mean we won't sign him tho

Itsnoteasy
17-02-2018, 05:39 PM

McGinn will go to Celtic & we'll get cash plus Allan

Hibeesmad
17-02-2018, 05:41 PM
One of the most talented players we have had in the last decade. Get him on a permanent asap

hibeemikey21
17-02-2018, 05:50 PM

It’s an absolute certainty I reckon

Bob Box Fish
17-02-2018, 05:51 PM
What a difference he’s made trying to put positive forward play into the team.

Diclonius
17-02-2018, 05:53 PM

I'm fine with this.

CMurdoch
17-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Allan is a good player in a good team.
Not the guy for a poor under pressure team e.g. Dundee and Rotherham.

The final piece in the Hibs midfield jigsaw...............until summer.

YehButNoBut
17-02-2018, 05:54 PM

I'm fine with this.

Keep Dylan and get Hendo back and that would still leave a cracking midfield.

Joe Baker2
17-02-2018, 05:55 PM
quality player. I wasn't expecting to be as fit as he was today. Earned his wages today.

Keith_M
17-02-2018, 05:57 PM
We'd never be able to match his current wages, so best just to enjoy it while he's here.

SChibs
17-02-2018, 05:58 PM
Imo Allan is good when there's good players round him. When there's nobody moving or willing to take a pass he not gonna look very good is He?

HoboHarry
17-02-2018, 05:59 PM
Imo Allan is good when there's good players round him. When there's nobody moving or willing to take a pass he not gonna look very good is He?

Neither would Messi in that scenario so not sure what your point is to be honest.

thebausburst
17-02-2018, 06:01 PM
It’s an absolute certainty I reckon

I really don’t think they want him, it’s only our own fans and media that keep going on about it, not happening

lord bunberry
17-02-2018, 06:01 PM
He’s the difference between us being a good team and a very good team.

WhileTheChief..
17-02-2018, 06:02 PM
What a difference he’s made trying to put positive forward play into the team.

:agree: Every time he gets the ball his first thought is to get forward. I wish McGinn and McGeough would do the same.

As as you say, he’s made a huge difference and links the play brilliantly with the front two. Some of his little passes into them were amazing.

PPZPOL
17-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Keep it up Scott, loved it. I was excited going to ER today to watch that midfield 3 in particular. Surpassed how I thought they'd play.

The Leith Dutch
17-02-2018, 06:06 PM
Lennon has done fantastic in January, Stokes out and Allan in has changed us.

Completely agree. Weird bit is that we seemed to be trying to get Stokes to play the role Allan plays which is odd as I don't think it's Stokes' game.

Allan is the sort of player we've been crying out for - ran the show today.

One of his biggest assets is between his ability to pick a pass and the attention he draws from the opposition he gives all your other players 10%+ on their games.

How he left before is gone.
I was genuinely excited coming to the game today by the prospect of seeing Scott Allan in a Hibs jersey and it did not disappoint.

Thought Boyle was class second half too.

There was a bit on 90 minutes and he was chasing down and harrying their defenders with the kind of energy players normally only have in the first 10 minutes of a game.

WhileTheChief..
17-02-2018, 06:08 PM
Is it right that he wasn’t getting a game at Dundee??

Wtf was McCann thinking about letting him leave. Sackable offence right there!

HoboHarry
17-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Is it right that he wasn’t getting a game at Dundee??

Wtf was McCann thinking about letting him leave. Sackable offence right there!

I think Scott made it clear he wanted to return to Hibs and left McCann with no option.

SChibs
17-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Neither would Messi in that scenario so not sure what your point is to be honest.

Messi would stand out in any team. Scott Allan didn't stand out at Dundee but he's stepped up a level at hibs and he stands out.

Mr White
17-02-2018, 06:11 PM
I think Scott made it clear he wanted to return to Hibs and left McCann with no option.

Given Celtc wanted Bain and could have recalled Allan I doubt McCann had any say in it whatsoever.

He's probably happy enough given Simon Murray's double today.

BoomtownHibees
17-02-2018, 06:12 PM

Load o *****

CathroMustStay
17-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Scotty Allan is fantastic.

I'm confident Celtic will let us sign him in the summer.

wookie70
17-02-2018, 06:14 PM
Thought he played well and his work rate is miles better than last time. He is still guilty of playing the harder pass when an easier one could have been at least as advantageous. I wasn't sure about him resigning given his form for Dundee but he has been very good both games. He has undoubted quality but perhaps most importantly we look like a team with a shape now. We have struggled away despite our lack of shape at times but even though the personnel changed today we looked to have players in comfortable positions for them and in good areas for us. The running the front two did today also gave Scott a chance to find some good passes.

SChibs
17-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Load o *****

I don't know if you have misunderstood what I mean. I'm trying to explain why a guy who can hardly get a game for Dundee is now a standout player for hibs. I think he's great, I'm not slagging the guy...

TelaStella
17-02-2018, 06:16 PM
The effect he's had on mcginn has been sensational too. It's like getting two new players at once and I felt they were both the worthiest for motm this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
17-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Never mind and just Hibs, am I way out of touch in thinking if he keeps these kinds of performances up that he should be given his first cap for Scotland at some point? I’m a big fan of the midfield we have to choose from for the national team but Allan surely won’t get over looked if he keeps his Ibrox/today’s performance levels up!

Jack Hackett
17-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Thought he played well and his work rate is miles better than last time. He is still guilty of playing the harder pass when an easier one could have been at least as advantageous. I wasn't sure about him resigning given his form for Dundee but he has been very good both games. He has undoubted quality but perhaps most importantly we look like a team with a shape now. We have struggled away despite our lack of shape at times but even though the personnel changed today we looked to have players in comfortable positions for them and in good areas for us. The running the front two did today also gave Scott a chance to find some good passes.

But this is what makes him the player he is... and the one I want to watch.

Shrekko
17-02-2018, 06:28 PM
Won't ever forgive him for the way he tried to leave the first time around

That’s twice you’ve said that in the past week. I will NEVER forgive you for this!

JimBHibees
17-02-2018, 06:32 PM

Happy days.

:not worth:faf::faf:

Northernhibee
17-02-2018, 06:35 PM
That’s twice you’ve said that in the past week. I will NEVER forgive you for this!

I was actually giving him credit in that moving on and forgetting about it may be a good thing to do, but on you go :aok:

hibbyfraelibby
17-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Scotty and Hibs are made for each other...

wookie70
17-02-2018, 07:03 PM
But this is what makes him the player he is... and the one I want to watch.

I get that and I'm not saying he should play it safe. There was one break today where he could have rolled in Boyle for a shot on goal and he chose to play a reverse ball and we lost possession. It's probably a goal if his pass finds the target but it wasn't the right ball as it had such a small chance of success against the almost guaranteed shot on goal from the simpler ball.

It's a balancing act and he got it right far more often that he got it wrong today. He is a very good passer of the ball and some of the two and three yard balls he plays are terrific. He is more than capable of opening up teams with the easier to play balls.

He was been very good in both games so far and he looks like he will be a very good signing. I was very critical of his work rate in his last spell but I have been impressed by the way he has applied himself. Those "woe is me" moments when he lost the ball are completely gone and he is really working hard when he does make a mistake.

IGRIGI
17-02-2018, 07:05 PM
From Scott Allan's first interview with Hibs TV he seemed to already be looking to stay at Hibs long term when the subject of returning to Celtic came up.

With age has probably came the realisation that ER is the best place for him for his career.

Jack Hackett
17-02-2018, 07:07 PM
I get that and I'm not saying he should play it safe. There was one break today where he could have rolled in Boyle for a shot on goal and he chose to play a reverse ball and we lost possession. It's probably a goal if his pass finds the target but it wasn't the right ball as it had such a small chance of success against the almost guaranteed shot on goal from the simpler ball.

It's a balancing act and he got it right far more often that he got it wrong today. He is a very good passer of the ball and some of the two and three yard balls he plays are terrific. He is more than capable of opening up teams with the easier to play balls.

He was been very good in both games so far and he looks like he will be a very good signing. I was very critical of his work rate in his last spell but I have been impressed by the way he has applied himself. Those "woe is me" moments when he lost the ball are completely gone and he is really working hard when he does make a mistake.

can't argue with any of that... but you can't fault a trier and I look forward to more of the unexpected :wink:

kaimendhibs
17-02-2018, 07:14 PM

More performances like today and I'll be happy to forget, though. Top drawer performance.Don't tell him. He will be gutted. Excellent player

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

The Leith Dutch
17-02-2018, 07:24 PM
can't argue with any of that... but you can't fault a trier and I look forward to more of the unexpected :wink:

:agree:

I think it's one of the things that makes him so tricky to play against - you're never quite sure what he's going to do.

Today he was playing folk in down the channels, floating balls in, reverse balls, dinks, driven passes.
And the best bit is it looks like he and the rest of the team are working hard in training to make sure it isn't unexpected to the other guys in Hibs jerseys.

SuperAllyMcleod
17-02-2018, 07:27 PM
From Scott Allan's first interview with Hibs TV he seemed to already be looking to stay at Hibs long term when the subject of returning to Celtic came up.

With age has probably came the realisation that ER is the best place for him for his career.

What did he say exactly?

Thecat23
17-02-2018, 07:28 PM
I don't know if you have misunderstood what I mean. I'm trying to explain why a guy who can hardly get a game for Dundee is now a standout player for hibs. I think he's great, I'm not slagging the guy...

Check Dundee forums, they said he was their best player!

stokesmessiah
17-02-2018, 07:35 PM
What we have been missing, the ability to unlock a defence with one pass!

poolman
17-02-2018, 07:44 PM

Dearie me 😑

Vault Boy
17-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Allan heavily involved in the creation of both our goals today. In other news, water is wet.

Sammy7nil
17-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Absolutely. He’d be a fantastic signing.I’m sure he’d be delighted to stay with us as well.

LOL just like last time :greengrin He will go where the money is.

marleyhib
17-02-2018, 08:08 PM
The missing link, sublime. The balance in midfield since he has come back is so evident.

I don't care how he left, he got offered a lot more cash. I only care that he's back, we should do everything we can to keep him.

EVENTUALLY
17-02-2018, 08:12 PM
LOL just like last time :greengrin He will go where the money is.

I agree with this statement wholeheartiedly, however I abolsutebly adore Scott. He is the epitome of the type of player I wish to see in a Hibs strip, I think he is terrific and is a joy to watch. Complete footballing genious. Skill kills.

Thecat23
17-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Allan done what anyone would have done at the time. His boyhood hero’s came in for him he wanted to go triple his wage and sadly it went a bit sour.

Nothing to forgive for me, and he’s the best player at Hibs. His pace and drive when he has the ball along with his vision is incredible.

kaimendhibs
17-02-2018, 08:19 PM
LOL just like last time :greengrin He will go where the money is.Like every other player. And same as every job. Get offered loads more elsewhere, who wouldn't be off

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
17-02-2018, 08:21 PM
We look a more balanced team and more threatening up front since Stokesy left and Allan came in.

EVENTUALLY
17-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Super Super Player that is a joy to watch and see in a Hibs jersey. Forget everything in the past, the guy is playing for us and he is is brilliant, take it, appreciate it and enjoy. There is no subsitute for skill.

Jim44
17-02-2018, 08:26 PM
I felt the same as everyone when Scott Allan left the way he did. I was indifferent to his coming back but I’ve no problem in eating a wee portion of humble pie. I think we’re good for him and there’s no question he’s good for us. He was outstanding today, surrounded by good players, allowing him to express himself. I’ll back him all the way till the end of the season and, who knows, he might become a Hib’s legend.

H18 SFR
17-02-2018, 08:27 PM
If you were an EFL championship bottom half manager watching him over the last two games you'd be signing him. Pure and simples.

Kato
17-02-2018, 08:36 PM
I felt the same as everyone when Scott Allan left the way he did. I was indifferent to his coming back but I’ve no problem in eating a wee portion of humble pie. I think we’re good for him and there’s no question he’s good for us. He was outstanding today, surrounded by good players, allowing him to express himself. I’ll back him all the way till the end of the season and, who knows, he might become a Hib’s legend.

Hibs fans are good for him, mate. We're open to his type of football and are patient enough to realise some of his passes won't come off but we still admire the vision. It depresses me how many Scottish clubs just want to see the ball punted forward.

Have forgotten all the politics from his last stint. Hope he stays. Some jaw dropping stuff from him today.

Greentinted
17-02-2018, 08:37 PM
Will never be able to forgive him for...that 90s boy-band barnet.
Apart from that, all good. As many have said Hibs and him just seem to fit and long may that continue.

Famous Fiver
17-02-2018, 08:51 PM
Scott Allan, what a player.!

Him, McGinn and McGeouch will pack Easter Road out for the rest of the season. An absolute joy to watch.

Up there with Sauzee, Latapy, The Tornadoes but still got a bit to do to emulate the Famous Five but, boy, they don't half entertain us.

Aberdeen had 20 fouls awarded against them, it was more like 30 with the ones not given, and they should have had at least two (Christie and McLean) off. Opposition's only answer is to stop our players by illegal means.

We'll just have to enjoy it while it lasts. I know I will

hibby6270
17-02-2018, 08:59 PM
His ability has never been in doubt. A class act.
What he needs to decide is what is more important.
Money? He stays at Celtic.
Being happy playing in a free flowing football team and fans that adore him? He stays with us via transfer.

Come on Scotty. You know it makes sense!!

ronaldo7
17-02-2018, 09:04 PM
I'd pay double the cash to watch Scott Allan in that form. The feel good factor is back.

SquashedFrogg
17-02-2018, 09:06 PM

Him, McGinn and McGeouch will pack Easter Road out for the rest of the season. An absolute joy to watch.

Up there with Sauzee, Latapy, The Tornadoes but still got a bit to do to emulate the Famous Five but, boy, they don't half entertain us.

Aberdeen had 20 fouls awarded against them, it was more like 30 with the ones not given, and they should have had at least two (Christie and McLean) off. Opposition's only answer is to stop our players by illegal means.

Bravo. Agree 100%

AlbertK86
17-02-2018, 10:34 PM
Absolutely outstanding again. A player that genuinely has you on the she of your seat every time he gets the ball

Michael
17-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Happy to say I was wrong about Allan. It's like he never left.

Hannah_hfc
18-02-2018, 12:07 AM
Allan was outstanding, that individual performance today reminded me of the 4 nil v Huns game at ER where he ran them riot

Lancs Harp
18-02-2018, 12:10 AM
Have to admit I was a little concerned he wouldnt be the player that left us, but so far so good :thumbsup:

Captain Trips
18-02-2018, 01:11 AM
His short passes in and around box are as good as anyone in league.

southsider
18-02-2018, 04:55 AM
He could be the difference this season.. what a player.. as the OP said all is forgiven just a joy to watch

He has one turn in the 2nd half was like watching Mess It Took my breath away, Their player had to buy a ticket to get back in, Give McInnes his due he said his side were hammered & got of lightly at 2-0.

Bam
18-02-2018, 05:13 AM
Maybe it's just because I'm steaming watching the game for the first time on Alba but Scotty's play could actual make me greet at times

Please get him signed on a permanent deal

:not worth

allezsauzee
18-02-2018, 10:05 AM
I think he could be even better this time round as the tempo of our play is quicker under Lenny and we have more runners for him to hit with passes. I think we should enjoy Scotty, Dylan and SJM playing together while we can. If we could keep 2 out of those 3 next season I'd be delighted.

wandering_hibee
18-02-2018, 10:48 AM
I think he could be even better this time round as the tempo of our play is quicker under Lenny and we have more runners for him to hit with passes. I think we should enjoy Scotty, Dylan and SJM playing together while we can. If we could keep 2 out of those 3 next season I'd be delighted.
I will be amazed if we can achieve that but as one who has followed the team since the early 60's, like others I thought the second half yesterday was one of the most masterful displays from a Hibs midfield. They totally bossed Aberdeen and we really should have had more goals and Aberdeen should have had less players on the pitch by the end.
I think having seen that display then we have the team that could deliver second place but it will mean that we need to improve our consistency.
I will be overseas on business for the next few weeks which means that I will unfortunately miss the next 4 games but really looking forward to the end of season.

Lee Marvin
18-02-2018, 10:59 AM

I'd be delighted if we could keep even 1. Sadly, its looking ever more likely at least dylan and mcginn will be away.

hibsbollah
18-02-2018, 11:05 AM
I'd be delighted if we could keep even 1. Sadly, its looking ever more likely at least dylan and mcginn will be away.

I think it's way too early to tell one way or another. I also guess no ones really in the ITK because there's nothing TO know.

Lee Marvin
18-02-2018, 11:13 AM
I think it's way too early to tell one way or another. I also guess no ones really in the ITK because there's nothing TO know.

It is of course too early to tell for sure, however I'd suggest it looks more likely dylan will leave the longer it goes without him signing one of the numerous deals he has been offered recently.

McGinn is almost certainly going to go in the summer, let's be realistic about that.

I'm hopeful allan may be back on loan however

hibsbollah
18-02-2018, 11:22 AM
It is of course too early to tell for sure, however I'd suggest it looks more likely dylan will leave the longer it goes without him signing one of the numerous deals he has been offered recently.

McGinn is almost certainly going to go in the summer, let's be realistic about that.

It also depends on how we finish (if you were DM wouldn't you want a shot at a wee European run, especially if JM and SA also want to stay another year as a threesome in that potentially explosive midfield?) , what they get offered from other clubs, how settled they are with their personal circumstances, how impressed they are with Leeann and Neil etc etc.

I know what you're saying about being realistic, but I also read on here it was a certainty SJM had played his last game in a Hibs shirt in December. Football has a habit of surprising us. #glasshalf full

ToffeeCabbage
18-02-2018, 11:22 AM
I am delighted to have Allan back despite how he left. You won't catch me booing him like some have. I hope we can work something permanent out in the summer especially with Mcginn and possibly Mcgeouch moving on.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

keep the faith
18-02-2018, 11:41 AM

We need to use some money to sign him permanently. He fits hibs like a glove so is worth the effort and cash.

iwasthere1972
18-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Brilliant display and he looks like he's over the moon to be back at Easter Road.

Jack Hackett
18-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Brilliant display and he looks like he's over the moon to be back at Easter Road.

The wee head to head with Lenny as he came off looked very positive. He's good for us, and we're good for him. He knows this now.

SonOfDavidFrancey
18-02-2018, 11:52 AM
I’m 100% convinced the man is a footballing genius. Less convinced he has the ability to make the right decisions about his future but perhaps NL is the man to give him the tough love/ guidance he needs. Even then there is a difficult negotiation with Celtic who may want a decent sum especially if he plays brilliantly for the remainder of the season.

Keyser Sauzee
18-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Hes our best player right now, I really can’t see us keeping him at the end of the season so just going to enjoy him while he’s here. I think he’s the closest we’ve had to wee Russell since the genius left us.

Bostonhibby
18-02-2018, 12:33 PM
The boys a player, just hope it all comes together to make him want to stay with us where he seems to thrive.

Onion
18-02-2018, 12:40 PM
Brilliant performance and effort by SA yesterday. Our midfield trio are as good as anything we've had since Sauzee & Latas.

Hibs and the players around him suit SA well but suspect he'll leave us at end of season. Would not be surprised to see the Huns come back in for him - its what they do.

Sauzee16
18-02-2018, 12:43 PM
Please get him signed up Ms Dempster.:top marks

Mr_F
18-02-2018, 12:57 PM
What a player.

He’ll be at ER permanently next season with SJM going the other way

WhileTheChief..
18-02-2018, 01:01 PM
What a player.

He’ll be at ER permanently next season with SJM going the other way

With Leigh :cb

hibsbollah
18-02-2018, 01:17 PM
With Leigh :cb

:hyper

Ray_
18-02-2018, 01:18 PM

I was delighted when Scott Allan signed again and I would love him to stay. It is superb watch those three fantastic players combine, but comparing them to the TT's, Stanton, Edwards & Cropley, apart from everything else, check out the individual goals those three would get in a season.

banarc7062
18-02-2018, 01:19 PM

Apart fro Season ticket purchases and match attendances should the Club consider asking fans for a contrbution to help in the purchase of
players who improve our performances?

WhileTheChief..
18-02-2018, 01:25 PM
^^Nope.

Finish 2nd and we get £2m prize money.

Wages for Allan and Griffiths :greengrin

Pretty Boy
18-02-2018, 01:26 PM
I was desperate for Allan to come back all season and said as much several times. He's exactly what we have been missing and if I could see it then I'm not at all surprised Neil Lennon coul as well. Football fans are fickle and I was always sure after a couple of decent performances people would get right behind him and so it has proved.

I'd go as far as to say Allan is one of the most technically gifted players to have played for us in my lifetime.

Pretty Boy
18-02-2018, 01:28 PM
Apart fro Season ticket purchases and match attendances should the Club consider asking fans for a contrbution to help in the purchase of
players who improve our performances?

http://www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

NAE NOOKIE
18-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Its all been said really .... But how can anybody deny that some players find a club where it seems to work for them and for Scott Allan that club is clearly Hibs. If anybody who still cant forgive him for the Sevco fiasco is in any doubt that they are in the minority just look at the rousing reception he got when he was subbed, and no wonder after a performance like that.

I have to admit after two Hibs performances like the first half at Ibrox and the second half yesterday I'm already feeling a wee bit depressed that its long odds I'll be able to watch that midfield play together for more than another 11 games or so .... imagine what they would be like after half a season together? :boo hoo:

As it is we have McGeouch and McGinn in doubt because they will get offers. Allan, like 99% of players, unfortunately likes to follow the money and we cant match his Celtic wages and we have Kamberi and MacLaren both on loan, one of them who will obviously be on far more money than the likes of Hibs can pay.

That's half of yesterday's team .... where the hell is that Billionaire FFS

YehButNoBut
19-02-2018, 11:47 PM
Cracking piece on Scott Allan in todays Sun, I know a lot don't like clicking on their site so have pasted in here.

CALL ME A LUXURY
When I go to watch a match I want a player who’ll get me off my feet.. that’s exactly who I want to be, says Hibs ace Scott Allan

The midfielder has dazzled on his return to Easter Road after joining on loan from Celtic and says he doesn't mind being a luxury

SOME players would take the huff if you called them a luxury.

Scott Allan takes it as a compliment.

For him, the game’s all about edge-of-the-seat players. It’s about off-the-cuff players. It’s about risk-taking players.
Here, he was all of the above and then some. The best of a very, very good Hibees bunch who’ve begun to believe second place is a genuine possibility.
Playing at the apex of a midfield triangle with John McGinn and Dylan McGeouch that had absolutely everything, the 26-year-old was impossible for a disjointed Dons side to control.
First half, they tried to man-mark him and he kept slipping the shackles. Second half, they took it in turns to bump and barge him, but he just kept getting up and doing his stuff.

At which point, it’s probably fair to put the brakes on all this praise and remind ourselves that there’s another description of Allan that he needs to get shot of before he becomes everything he’s always promised to be.

A baffling player.

From Dundee United to West Brom to Celtic, to Hibs on loan the first time, to Dundee and now back to Easter Road, there’s always been a nagging fear that, despite all this talents, he’s as capable of unbalancing a side as he is of masterminding it.

It might take six, ten, 20 performances like these to bin that perception for good. It’ll definitely take a permanent decision on what dressing room his shirt’s going to be hanging in.
But all I can say as a neutral is, here’s hoping that decision’s the right one and he does find a manager who backs him to the hilt long-term. Because when he’s on this form, he’s an absolutely joy.

Martin Boyle and Florian Kamberi got the goals in a thrilling second-half team performance littered with as many terrific individual contributions in green as there were rank-rotten ones in red.
At the heart of everything, however, was Allan; an Artful Dodger of a player, finding time and space like a pickpocket operating in a crowded High Street.

And even if four out of every ten tricks he pulled didn’t quite come off, enough did to make him worth the admission money on his own.

Told afterwards that gaffer Neil Lennon said he’d worried about him turning into ‘a Boy Band player’, Allan smiled: “Does he mean because I’ve got long hair? Maybe I should get a skinhead!
“If it means I’m a luxury? Well, people like watching that kind of player.
I know when I go to a game, I want someone who’ll get me off my seat. That’s the guy I want to be.

“When you play in that No 10 role, some things won’t come off, but it only needs one of them to work and it can change the whole game.
“There are players behind me here who I know will release me quickly, boys like John and Dylan who give me the freedom to create things.
“The balance is perfect — the three of us bounce off each other, we’re all comfortable on the ball and we all have our own strengths.
“I just want to enjoy football and that’s happening here. It’s nice, it feels like I’ve just slotted back in.
“It’s all about games and more games. That’s all I’ve always wanted. I’ve got a manager here who lets me play my game, who doesn’t over-complicate things or cloud your vision and I’ve got team-mates who support me.

The Celtic loanee also helped his side to a 2-1 win at Ibrox

“There’s no doubt I’m a better player for what I’ve been through. I’ve learned through disappointment. It makes you more hungry for success and I think that’s shown in the past two games against Rangers and Aberdeen, teams who are supposed to be better than us — but who on these results definitely aren’t.

“We dominated Aberdeen completely in the second half and it could have been three or four. We were miles the better team.”
In the end, with the board up for three added minutes, Allan was given a little luxury of his own, the personal ovation afforded by being subbed.

Off he came, milking the moment as 17,000 home fans rose to him as one. This was all part of what his vision of football is about, being loved for doing what he’s so good at.
He said: “That’s what you play football for.
“I’d say the fans were maybe 50-50 about me coming back here, so I want to excite them and get them all onside.

“I believe in myself. Aberdeen had a guy following me about the park for the first 45 minutes and I still made things happen. That’s my game and I can play it as well as anybody.
“The manager makes everything simple, black and white.
Allan has heaped praise on Lennon
“You just play your game, be free. It was like that under Alan Stubbs as well and it suits me fine.
“As for what happens at Celtic after this, whether the door can open for me, that’s something you’d need to ask the manager there. I just want to focus on what happens at Hibs until the end of the season then take it from there.”

Me? I’d say he’s better off out of Parkhead and playing somewhere he’s — and I mean this in the most positive way possible — indulged.
By this I mean you can’t stick Scott Allan out wide and hope he makes a contribution.
He’s not a cog in a machine. You have to do what Lennon did with him here, make him the hub of the wheel.

He’ll have days when it doesn’t work, no doubt, days when you’re as well hooking him after half an hour. But when he has full 90s as good as this . . . well, there are few better.
With McGinn ratting and enforcing, with McGeough probing and linking, with Boyle electric down the right and Lewis Stevenson brimming with desire down the left, with Darren McGregor and Paul Hanlon solid at centre-back, with Swiss signing Kamberi clever and mobile up front, with Jamie Maclaren busy — if wasteful — beside him and, yes, even with Efe Ambrose giving his manager a coronary by trying nutmegs on the edge of his own box, Hibs were rightly roared to the rafters when the job was done here.

Most of these guys, Lennon can rely on to be seven out of tens most weeks of the season.
But Allan offers eights and nines when he’s in this mood, he has the potential to lift this side above the Dons and Rangers down the final stretch.

A luxury? Every team would bite your hand off for one like him.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-02-2018, 01:59 AM
Cracking piece on Scott Allan in todays Sun, I know a lot don't like clicking on their site so have pasted in here.

CALL ME A LUXURY
When I go to watch a match I want a player who’ll get me off my feet.. that’s exactly who I want to be, says Hibs ace Scott Allan

The midfielder has dazzled on his return to Easter Road after joining on loan from Celtic and says he doesn't mind being a luxury

SOME players would take the huff if you called them a luxury.

Scott Allan takes it as a compliment.

For him, the game’s all about edge-of-the-seat players. It’s about off-the-cuff players. It’s about risk-taking players.
Here, he was all of the above and then some. The best of a very, very good Hibees bunch who’ve begun to believe second place is a genuine possibility.
Playing at the apex of a midfield triangle with John McGinn and Dylan McGeouch that had absolutely everything, the 26-year-old was impossible for a disjointed Dons side to control.
First half, they tried to man-mark him and he kept slipping the shackles. Second half, they took it in turns to bump and barge him, but he just kept getting up and doing his stuff.

At which point, it’s probably fair to put the brakes on all this praise and remind ourselves that there’s another description of Allan that he needs to get shot of before he becomes everything he’s always promised to be.

A baffling player.

From Dundee United to West Brom to Celtic, to Hibs on loan the first time, to Dundee and now back to Easter Road, there’s always been a nagging fear that, despite all this talents, he’s as capable of unbalancing a side as he is of masterminding it.

It might take six, ten, 20 performances like these to bin that perception for good. It’ll definitely take a permanent decision on what dressing room his shirt’s going to be hanging in.
But all I can say as a neutral is, here’s hoping that decision’s the right one and he does find a manager who backs him to the hilt long-term. Because when he’s on this form, he’s an absolutely joy.

Martin Boyle and Florian Kamberi got the goals in a thrilling second-half team performance littered with as many terrific individual contributions in green as there were rank-rotten ones in red.
At the heart of everything, however, was Allan; an Artful Dodger of a player, finding time and space like a pickpocket operating in a crowded High Street.

And even if four out of every ten tricks he pulled didn’t quite come off, enough did to make him worth the admission money on his own.

Told afterwards that gaffer Neil Lennon said he’d worried about him turning into ‘a Boy Band player’, Allan smiled: “Does he mean because I’ve got long hair? Maybe I should get a skinhead!
“If it means I’m a luxury? Well, people like watching that kind of player.
I know when I go to a game, I want someone who’ll get me off my seat. That’s the guy I want to be.

“When you play in that No 10 role, some things won’t come off, but it only needs one of them to work and it can change the whole game.
“There are players behind me here who I know will release me quickly, boys like John and Dylan who give me the freedom to create things.
“The balance is perfect — the three of us bounce off each other, we’re all comfortable on the ball and we all have our own strengths.
“I just want to enjoy football and that’s happening here. It’s nice, it feels like I’ve just slotted back in.
“It’s all about games and more games. That’s all I’ve always wanted. I’ve got a manager here who lets me play my game, who doesn’t over-complicate things or cloud your vision and I’ve got team-mates who support me.

The Celtic loanee also helped his side to a 2-1 win at Ibrox

“There’s no doubt I’m a better player for what I’ve been through. I’ve learned through disappointment. It makes you more hungry for success and I think that’s shown in the past two games against Rangers and Aberdeen, teams who are supposed to be better than us — but who on these results definitely aren’t.

“We dominated Aberdeen completely in the second half and it could have been three or four. We were miles the better team.”
In the end, with the board up for three added minutes, Allan was given a little luxury of his own, the personal ovation afforded by being subbed.

Off he came, milking the moment as 17,000 home fans rose to him as one. This was all part of what his vision of football is about, being loved for doing what he’s so good at.
He said: “That’s what you play football for.
“I’d say the fans were maybe 50-50 about me coming back here, so I want to excite them and get them all onside.

“I believe in myself. Aberdeen had a guy following me about the park for the first 45 minutes and I still made things happen. That’s my game and I can play it as well as anybody.
“The manager makes everything simple, black and white.
Allan has heaped praise on Lennon
“You just play your game, be free. It was like that under Alan Stubbs as well and it suits me fine.
“As for what happens at Celtic after this, whether the door can open for me, that’s something you’d need to ask the manager there. I just want to focus on what happens at Hibs until the end of the season then take it from there.”

Me? I’d say he’s better off out of Parkhead and playing somewhere he’s — and I mean this in the most positive way possible — indulged.
By this I mean you can’t stick Scott Allan out wide and hope he makes a contribution.
He’s not a cog in a machine. You have to do what Lennon did with him here, make him the hub of the wheel.

He’ll have days when it doesn’t work, no doubt, days when you’re as well hooking him after half an hour. But when he has full 90s as good as this . . . well, there are few better.
With McGinn ratting and enforcing, with McGeough probing and linking, with Boyle electric down the right and Lewis Stevenson brimming with desire down the left, with Darren McGregor and Paul Hanlon solid at centre-back, with Swiss signing Kamberi clever and mobile up front, with Jamie Maclaren busy — if wasteful — beside him and, yes, even with Efe Ambrose giving his manager a coronary by trying nutmegs on the edge of his own box, Hibs were rightly roared to the rafters when the job was done here.

Most of these guys, Lennon can rely on to be seven out of tens most weeks of the season.
But Allan offers eights and nines when he’s in this mood, he has the potential to lift this side above the Dons and Rangers down the final stretch.

A luxury? Every team would bite your hand off for one like him.

Bill Leckie.

ozwoody
20-02-2018, 03:33 AM
With Allan ,this time around , he is in the centre of a “st Andrews cross” of intelligent, skilful players ( McGinn and Dylan behind, McClaren and Flo in front) that move the ball quickly and open up space in front of him.
This, added to his undoubted ability , turns defence into attack very quickly and has opposition changing game plan.
Watching the last couple of games , this has let JM and DM play their strongest games too as they know they have a quality number 10 looking to receive the ball from them.
Having a manager that trusts your game and just tells you to go out and play must be music to his ears ,and I would suggest only Stubbs and Lennon have not restricted his game style to suit the team, but used it to their advantage.
As in all careers, you can work with different employers and not enjoy your job , then you find one that’s beneficial to you both and it’s the right place for you.I feel that’s where SA and Hibs are.

weecounty hibby
20-02-2018, 07:32 AM
I'm a very fickle football fan and I hated the way he messed us about last time and always said he could GTF and never come back. I was wrong, he is the last piece in the jigsaw for this season, he was superb on Saturday and I now want him on an extended contract. He fits well at Hibs

headshrinker
20-02-2018, 09:17 AM
From Dundee United to West Brom to Celtic, to Hibs on loan the first time, to Dundee and now back to Easter Road???

This is is the second reference I have seen that has said Scott Allan was on loan to us twice. Did we not sign him on a contract the first time?

Jack Hackett
20-02-2018, 09:45 AM
From Dundee United to West Brom to Celtic, to Hibs on loan the first time, to Dundee and now back to Easter Road???

This is is the second reference I have seen that has said Scott Allan was on loan to us twice. Did we not sign him on a contract the first time?

You can't sell a player who doesn't belong to you... so I have no idea why the zombies kept trying to buy him from us :greengrin

Peevemor
20-02-2018, 10:00 AM
He signed a 2 year contract with us in July 2014.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/28473569

heretoday
20-02-2018, 10:55 AM
I'm a very fickle football fan and I hated the way he messed us about last time and always said he could GTF and never come back. I was wrong, he is the last piece in the jigsaw for this season, he was superb on Saturday and I now want him on an extended contract. He fits well at Hibs

I've given up expecting undying loyalty or even common decency from footballers and their agents.
He's playing well for us and Lennon did wonders getting him in. End of story.

MoscowHibs
20-02-2018, 11:49 AM
Brilliant performance and effort by SA yesterday. Our midfield trio are as good as anything we've had since Sauzee & Latas.

Hibs and the players around him suit SA well but suspect he'll leave us at end of season. Would not be surprised to see the Huns come back in for him - its what they do.

Somehow I can't see the huns coming in for him seeing as Celtic would need a fee. I guess they wont accept monthly payments.

Aim Here
20-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Somehow I can't see the huns coming in for him seeing as Celtic would need a fee. I guess they wont accept monthly payments.

On the other hand, I can see Rangers asking us for him to reassure the staunch and true that they really do have money, honest, while ensuring they don't actually have to follow through with a real offer.

Pagan Hibernia
20-02-2018, 05:37 PM
Let’s just enjoy the next few months of watching this wonderful sublime midfield. Looks likely at least one of them will be gone next season, a shame really as given time they really could see us challenge for silverware but there you go. If we tear apart the jambos and claim a top 3 spot we’ll have some great memories to keep.

Vini1875
20-02-2018, 05:55 PM
Let’s just enjoy the next few months of watching this wonderful sublime midfield. Looks likely at least one of them will be gone next season, a shame really as given time they really could see us challenge for silverware but there you go. If we tear apart the jambos and claim a top 3 spot we’ll have some great memories to keep.

My thinking exactly. We have to enjoy this moment, because could easily lose Allan, McGinn, McGeouch, Maclaren and Kamberi by the time June has ended and the first qualifying rounds of the Europa begin. I am hoping Hibs are on top of things in terms of being able to put together a package for the players we want. If they produce as we hope they will shifting STs would hardly be an issue. For now it is a case of one game at a time and thumping Killie.

mjhibby
20-02-2018, 06:47 PM
My thinking exactly. We have to enjoy this moment, because could easily lose Allan, McGinn, McGeouch, Maclaren and Kamberi by the time June has ended and the first qualifying rounds of the Europa begin. I am hoping Hibs are on top of things in terms of being able to put together a package for the players we want. If they produce as we hope they will shifting STs would hardly be an issue. For now it is a case of one game at a time and thumping Killie.

I don't know why we fret so much change about transfers. Lenny has proved with his January dealings that he can wheel and deal in the transfer market. I personally think if mcgeoch doesn't sign then hibs will keep mcginn till January and I'm convinced Allan will be at er next season. Plus we have an option on kamberi. I think efe will be away for a hefty fee and Lenny then will strengthen the team with guys like mallan. I'd just enjoy the end to the season and then look forward to the summer with expectation rather than fear. Our most important asset is the manager and as long as he's here I'd say we will be challenging at the top end of the table plus we can bring along the likes of Shaw and Porteous as they have big futures at hibs imho.

Deansy
20-02-2018, 06:49 PM

Then again, with SA's arrival, Dylan and SJM might just be persuaded to stay a wee bit longer - it's obvious from their play and interviews that they're all thoroughly enjoying playing together right now !. You never know ...........

mjhibby
20-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Didn't a lot of fans think we couldn't afford to lose stokes. Just saying.

Onceinawhile
20-02-2018, 10:35 PM
Must admit I thought he was a step back given that he didn't set the world on fire at dundee, but even just based on the Aberdeen game it's been worth it.

He was the absolute difference between the last home game v Aberdeen and this one. I also felt he let John mcginn play his natural game and that made us so much better.

In short Scott Allan is great.

CRAZYHIBBY
20-02-2018, 10:47 PM
Great player but can't see him being here next season....its looking like mcgeouch and mcginn will be off as well

Col2
20-02-2018, 10:49 PM
If we sell McGinn I am certain we will look to secure him in perm deal.

This is his club this is where he belongs.

Unseen work
21-02-2018, 02:12 AM
Personally don’t think Celtic will go anywhere near Mcginn, so a swap deal is off the table imo.

Can see a low fee being agreed.

Stumbling block could be wages.

NZ Green
21-02-2018, 02:51 AM
I dont really care how he left us, not every one who plays for us is going to be Hibernian through and through, players are going to put their own career before the club sometimes - I don't mind disagreements if it doesn't ruin the club (which it hasn't). As long as he plays well and enjoys doing so both parties win. Giving him pelters isn't going to help anyone.
We're fortunate to have such a solid team just now, enjoy it while it lasts because we all know, in football, it never does.

mjhibby
21-02-2018, 03:00 AM
Great player but can't see him being here next season....its looking like mcgeouch and mcginn will be off as well

I can see mcginn going but where would mcgeoch go. If, as we hope will happen, we finish very near the dons if he went there he wouldn't be moving up. He won't go to celtic or rangers as he wouldn't be a certain starter. If it's all about wages then I'm sure an ambitious English championship will give him a very large wage packet. I can see him staying along with Allan being signed and the money from the sale of mcginn and possibly efe giving us funds to secure two very good replacements. I'm more worried about the forward situation as kamberi I would love to see be at hibs longer. He's the type of striker we've been needing for ages.

houstonhibbee
21-02-2018, 03:26 AM

success breeds success........we may all be pleasantly surprised if we continue to win games

monktonharp
22-02-2018, 09:01 PM
I hate that Rag the Sun and thank you, to the poster that showed the comments about Allan, as I would never have read it. It was a great report from Bill Leckie ( ? ). my favourite football reporter btw. loved his description of Scott Allan being the Artful Dodger. certainly capable of picking pockets of good players, never mind average players. you have to be impressed by any player who can actually coerce with, encourage, nay force Dylan McGeoch to take a shot at goal:greengrin 2 games in and he is already clicking with his midfield buddies and they are all on the same level as far as quality. some of his stuff on Saturday made me think of his performance against The Rangers 4 nil game. good to have him back, even short term.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Scott Allan is a real quality player. His ability has never been his weakness. I just hope that he can see what we see in that he seems to be a natural fit with us.

monktonharp
22-02-2018, 10:13 PM
Scott Allan is a real quality player. His ability has never been his weakness. I just hope that he can see what we see in that he seems to be a natural fit with us.:agree: I also hope that in the event of him being kept on the bench for whatever reason....he understands if Fagin (Lennon) shoves him on, and says right Dodger, get out there and pick a pocket or 2.

Keyser Sauzee
22-02-2018, 10:50 PM
He’ll surely get a call up to the next Scotland squad, more than capable at international level.

Redford Raj
22-02-2018, 10:55 PM
:agree: I also hope that in the event of him being kept on the bench for whatever reason....he understands if Fagin (Lennon) shoves him on, and says right Dodger, get out there and pick a pocket or 2.

I was at Dumbarton when Scott played his previous last game for Hibs. I left this match knowing that Scott had played his last game for Hibs. The introduction of John McGinn in the second half. Alll the Hibs Supporters knew that Hibs were going forwards to greater things. I was disappointed with Scott's conduct at this time but forgive him as he plays football like everyone wishes they could play.
I hope the Artful Dogger will stay with the Hibees for another couple of seasons and entertain all of us.

Thecat23
22-02-2018, 10:56 PM

Why do you think we won’t have Allan or McGeough? McGinn I think will be away but I think we’ll get Allan long term and Mcgeouch will sign as well.

1875godsgift
22-02-2018, 11:21 PM
I was at Dumbarton when Scott played his previous last game for Hibs. I left this match knowing that Scott had played his last game for Hibs. The introduction of John McGinn in the second half. Alll the Hibs Supporters knew that Hibs were going forwards to greater things. I was disappointed with Scott's conduct at this time but forgive him as he plays football like everyone wishes they could play.
I hope the Artful Dogger will stay with the Hibees for another couple of seasons and entertain all of us.

Now that would be entertaining!:woohoo:

Unseen work
23-02-2018, 12:06 AM
I also don’t blame Scotty for always taking an early move to a bigger team.

I play at a much much lower level however when you perform well for your team, you start wanting to push yourself and see what you can accomplish.

You also have the desire to prove a lot of people wrong and show them that you’re capable of playing at a big level.

When another team is interested in you from your form and think you could do a job it is hard to turn down.

Now obviously Scott has jumped ship far too often in his career and has failed to settle, but people need to be realistic.

I for one hope he stays at Hibs and is a key player for us. But if he gets an offer from a good championship team, could he turn it down?

Sauzee16
23-02-2018, 12:31 AM
I also don’t blame Scotty for always taking an early move to a bigger team.

I play at a much much lower level however when you perform well for your team, you start wanting to push yourself and see what you can accomplish.

You also have the desire to prove a lot of people wrong and show them that you’re capable of playing at a big level.

When another team is interested in you from your form and think you could do a job it is hard to turn down.

Now obviously Scott has jumped ship far too often in his career and has failed to settle, but people need to be realistic.

I for one hope he stays at Hibs and is a key player for us. But if he gets an offer from a good championship team, could he turn it down?

We have rejuvenated his career twice no it seems. His attitude first time round wasn't to move to a higher level either, it was the same league. When it became apparent we wouldn't sell to them he never had an alternative but to go to Celtic. He's a class player and works at us but there's no point in re-writing history. We got Henderson on loan and Dylan on a perm regardless so I'm delighted how it turned out and delighted he's back hungry but I have no doubt he will have no hesitation in bolting again.

Phil MaGlass
23-02-2018, 06:30 AM
IMO he needs tae get his heid doon and work hard, anyone can see he is a good fit at ER, I hope he sees it himself and has also come to the same conclusion as me, money isnae everything in fitba, enjoyment and playing regularly in a good atmosphere. It´s why many players in the past have stayed most of their lives at one club. Hopefully he continues to play well and stays a few years longer. Playing for Scotland should also now be back on his list.

weecounty hibby
23-02-2018, 07:18 AM
Why do you think we won’t have Allan or McGeough? McGinn I think will be away but I think we’ll get Allan long term and Mcgeouch will sign as well.

I would take that. We really do have the makings of a very very good team. If we can keep them and replace SJM with someone decent then next season should be an exciting one. Early ST sales could be key.

Hibbyradge
23-02-2018, 08:30 AM
He’ll surely get a call up to the next Scotland squad, more than capable at international level.

On the basis of one decent performance on Saturday? I think you might be getting carried away! He's got the potential to be a fine player, but if he was more than capable at international level, he'd have had more game time at Celtic.

I forecast that, before the end of the season, after a less than outstanding performance, there will be people saying that they don't care if he leaves.

Harbouring hope for the player is understandable, but forecasts of future greatness are unrealistic, imo.

Allant1981
23-02-2018, 09:11 AM
On the basis of one decent performance on Saturday? I think you might be getting carried away! He's got the potential to be a fine player, but if he was more than capable at international level, he'd have had more game time at Celtic.

I forecast that, before the end of the season, after a less than outstanding performance, there will be people saying that they don't care if he leaves.

Harbouring hope for the player is understandable, but forecasts of future greatness are unrealistic, imo.

sorry but thats just wrong, griffiths hardly gets a look in at celtic when dembele is fit but has shown he can cut it at international level

Hibbyradge
23-02-2018, 09:21 AM
sorry but thats just wrong, griffiths hardly gets a look in at celtic when dembele is fit but has shown he can cut it at international level

Which part is wrong?

Edit: I understand your point.

WeeRussell
23-02-2018, 12:26 PM
We have rejuvenated his career twice no it seems. His attitude first time round wasn't to move to a higher level either, it was the same league. When it became apparent we wouldn't sell to them he never had an alternative but to go to Celtic. He's a class player and works at us but there's no point in re-writing history. We got Henderson on loan and Dylan on a perm regardless so I'm delighted how it turned out and delighted he's back hungry but I have no doubt he will have no hesitation in bolting again.

Oh come on. He's played 2 games in his second spell and already he's due us the world TWICE for rejuvenating his career. Never get this argument that because he was in such great form at us, he's due us extra because we "saved his career" and all this.... no mention of the fact that we got the player of the championship as part of the deal, and (in my opinion) this time round we will have the best player in our squad.

He's entitled to move on like every other player in the world. Hopefully it isn't any time soon from our point of view.

WeeRussell
23-02-2018, 12:29 PM

I'll be surprised if he does (next squad)... but will be even more surprised if he isn't eventually involved.

lucky
23-02-2018, 01:03 PM
SA is a professional footballer who will play for whoever pays him the most. As fans we don’t like that but most players are interested in cash