PDA

View Full Version : South stand

zitelli62
16-02-2018, 08:21 PM
I'm going to the south stand tomorrow what is the best way to get there as I have never been in the south before can I get there via the east or by the main stand.

Aim Here
16-02-2018, 08:24 PM
I'm going to the south stand tomorrow what is the best way to get there as I have never been in the south before can I get there via the east or by the main stand.

Easiest way is to turn off Easter Road to Bothwell Street instead of Albion Road (there's little blue signs on ER telling you which turning to take to get to the appropriate stand). You could just follow all the guys wearing the red scarves until you see the appropriate turnstile.

iwasthere1972
16-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Over the Crawford Bridge with the sheep or cut through the West Stand car park.

hibee62
16-02-2018, 08:26 PM
I think they usually bring home fans in round the back of the east when in the south stand. There’s a gate at the south end of east stand turnstiles. This was the case for the st mirren trophy game last season but I haven’t been in there this year.

Rocky
16-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Easiest way is to turn off Easter Road to Bothwell Street instead of Albion Road (there's little blue signs on ER telling you which turning to take to get to the appropriate stand). You could just follow all the guys wearing the red scarves until you see the appropriate turnstile.

Is that definitely right? I assumed home support would enter via back of the East. I assume exit must be via back of East as the police barrier will be up I'd imagine

Aim Here
16-02-2018, 08:35 PM
Is that definitely right? I assumed home support would enter via back of the East. I assume exit must be via back of East as the police barrier will be up I'd imagine

They generally won't have an impassable police barrier before the game starts, since fans from either team will be incoming from various directions - and the home crowd will be going up Bothwell Street to get to the West Stand too.

Keith_M
16-02-2018, 08:43 PM

Usually only after the game.

Onceinawhile
16-02-2018, 09:09 PM
I think they usually bring home fans in round the back of the east when in the south stand. There’s a gate at the south end of east stand turnstiles. This was the case for the st mirren trophy game last season but I haven’t been in there this year.

Qots trophy game?

JimBHibees
16-02-2018, 09:11 PM

Also via a path from meadowbank retail park

zitelli62
16-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the replies I will chance going via the east.

Ringothedog
16-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the replies I will chance going via the east.

That’s the best and most sensible way

hibee62
16-02-2018, 10:43 PM
Qots trophy game?

We won the league against QOTS but got presented with the trophy against St Mirren on the last day.

Eyrie
17-02-2018, 12:18 AM
Also via a path from meadowbank retail park

There was talk that the path behind Sainsburys would be closed at some point. Take it it's still open for tomorrow?

NorthRoadHibee
17-02-2018, 12:27 AM
There was talk that the path behind Sainsburys would be closed at some point. Take it it's still open for tomorrow?

Heard that it’s going to be kept open permanently now. Great news if true but not 100% sure it is 😂

Eyrie
17-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Heard that it’s going to be kept open permanently now. Great news if true but not 100% sure it is ��

Cheers - fingers crossed then.

Note to self - leave plenty of time and blame DH if I have to go through Lochend Park instead :gun:

monktonharp
17-02-2018, 12:36 AM
Over the Crawford Bridge with the sheep or cut through the West Stand car park.all very well, but depends on where you are coming from Bob:wink: the Dunbar End is best accessed from Lochend/East stand for Hibbies.wont have to mix with sheep or follow like sheep:wink:

hibbyfraelibby
17-02-2018, 08:25 AM

You go up the ramp to the back of the East along the back and enter the South from there.