PDA

View Full Version : West Brom Training camp incident - makes ours look a bit tame!

BlackSheep
16-02-2018, 06:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43089347

Stole a taxi....!!! Wonder if anyone will get the sack....? If all Stokes did was chase a player with a fire extinguisher and break curfew and he got the boot then it looks pale in comparison.

BlackSheep
16-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Admins feel free to merge with the thread that was simultaneously posted.

Winston Ingram
16-02-2018, 06:57 PM

Stole a taxi....!!! Wonder if anyone will get the sack....? If all Stokes did was chase a player with a fire extinguisher and break curfew and he got the boot then it looks pale in comparison.

It was Gareth Barry, Jonny Evans, Boaz Myhill & Jake Livermore.

They’re senior players and should be setting an example particularly in the situation they are in.

If they are the leaders of the team, no wonder they are ****ed.

WoreTheGreen
16-02-2018, 06:57 PM

Stokes was the driver says DR ha ha

Baader
16-02-2018, 07:04 PM
3 of their better players as well. Evans probably the best at the club and in demand. So they won't be getting sacked then!

hibsbollah
16-02-2018, 07:06 PM
I think that's hilarious.

Billy Whizz
16-02-2018, 07:09 PM
I think that's hilarious.

Me too

KWJ
16-02-2018, 07:12 PM
Yeah, not us so funny as ****.

Smartie
16-02-2018, 07:25 PM

I like the way the article carefully doesn't mention the players' names, then the quote from the journo below talks about Pardew being unable to control his most experienced players.

Hi Heid Yin
16-02-2018, 07:53 PM
The West Brom players merely inconvenienced a taxi-driver.
Our lot inconvenienced an entire hotel - with fire alarms and extinguishers going off, and with an evacuation into the dead of night by pyjama-clad guests, including our very own Leeann Dempster.
The West Brom high-jinks was light weight in comparison.

dp00
16-02-2018, 07:55 PM
I’m guessing none of them are on final warnings either like stokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
16-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Our lot inconvenienced an entire hotel - with fire alarms and extinguishers going off, and with an evacuation into the dead of night by pyjama-clad guests, including our very own Leeann Dempster.
But it was 5.30am in the morning

HoboHarry
16-02-2018, 08:00 PM
You seriously believe that 4 stone cold sober senior players stole a taxi? I'm struggling to believe they were anything other than blootered.

jacomo
16-02-2018, 08:00 PM
The players have just released A STATEMENT.

Maybe Stokesy should have thought of that. A bit of public contrition can go a long way.

Hi Heid Yin
16-02-2018, 08:05 PM
But it was 5.30am in the morning

Still at a deathly early time in the a.m., when most people are enjoying deep sleep.

sauzee6_2
16-02-2018, 08:10 PM
I’m afraid I can’t have any sympathy for a club managed by Alan Pardew.

He is an absolute slaver of a man that makes a great living moving from club to club, yet consistently leaving them in a worse place from when he took over.

Deansy
16-02-2018, 08:12 PM
Modern-day footballers sticking two-fingers up to the fans who spend a large % of their income and time supporting their bottom-of-the-league club - nothing new !

JimBHibees
16-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Modern-day footballers sticking two-fingers up to the fans who spend a large % of their income and time supporting their bottom-of-the-league club - nothing new !

Especially from their most experienced players. Hugely dangerous behaviour given you must assume they were hammered at the time.

majorhibs
16-02-2018, 10:00 PM
4 young guys on holiday! Defo not even 1 possible sober! Here says so! Hang em!

Swedish hibee
16-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Nothing good comes of a Winter break in the sun.

And who goes to Barcelona and eats a McDonalds!!! All that truly lovely food- and they have a big mac.

staunchhibby
16-02-2018, 10:09 PM
As far as i am aware it was only the hibs team staying in the hotel at time of the incident.

Haymaker
17-02-2018, 12:27 AM

Young? One's like 36!

monktonharp
17-02-2018, 12:58 AM
quite a sad situation for the Baggies fans. they must be livid after hearing of this. WBA were my favourite English team almost 20 years ago as I worked directly opposite the stadium for a few months and went to midweek games. the fans were superb, despite my obvious Scottish accent.Also, a former schoolmate and a boy brought up in my village signed for them aged 16 . added to the recent passing of one of their most famous heroes Cyril Regis the fans must be totally pissed off and raging that their bloody well paid modern day experienced players have made almost a 2 fingered gesture to the club's instructions.

PatHead
17-02-2018, 07:18 AM

Means that at least one of them is guilty of drink driving. That makes it not so funny. Apart from the theft aspect. In a normal job you would likely be sacked for gross misconduct. Says a lot for the way Hibs dealt with Stokes who was arguably our star player.

Allant1981
17-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Young? One's like 36!

36 is still young😁