PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh council and Hertz.

vuefrom1875
16-02-2018, 12:44 AM
Was the debt of £93,347.37 owed by Hertz to the council, written of and passed on to the local populist or airbrushed? Forever morally bankrupt, and in our shadow.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2018, 01:39 AM
I doubt they repaid any of it. But in all honesty its time to put this stuff on the back burner because whatever we have to say about it is pretty well irrelevant now.

More pertinent to the Yams dealings with the council are the favouritism they appear to show them over us. The Lochend Butterfly was a case in point. Then there was having H & S inspectors on site at their half built stand practically 24/7 as they struggled to open it, not to mention the huge leeway they must have been given for years to keep the old one open.

Then there was us being denied an early licence for BTG at one point because the council 'wanted to give the local population a break' in spite of the fact that AFAIK there had never been a single recorded incidence of trouble, noise, or any type of anti social behaviour connected to BTG.

This is undoubtedly why the East Stand was built when it was ..... with the planning consent running out Hibs must have been extremely worried that it would be denied 2nd time around, not just because of the flats, but because we couldn't guarantee that ECC wouldn't take delight in using the flats as a convenient excuse to deny us planning permission because it was us.

If we ever get the money together to fill in the corners just watch the struggle we have trying to get planning permission, and at the same time look at the Gorgie stand at the PBS and its proximity to houses which were there long before it was built.

fat freddy
16-02-2018, 03:49 AM
As the Edinburgh establishment club it wasn't necessary to repay this debt as they 'owed it to themselves'

Several years on from bumping multi millions from numerous local companies I have yet to hear a single word of remorse from Hearts fans, quite the opposite in fact, many gloat that they got away with it.

A despicable racist support and a morally bankrupt club, they know no shame and the council that enables their disregard of rules and procedures are complicit in many of their crimes against the local populace and indeed, humanity as a whole.

They are a stain upon the sporting world and a menace to society.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2018, 03:56 AM
They’re getting away with it
All messed up
Getting away with it
All messed up
That's the Jambos

- James

jijihibby
16-02-2018, 04:26 AM
Hey guys - are we not forgetting the ''natural order of things'' in our capital city?

Bostonhibby
16-02-2018, 08:29 AM
Was the debt of £93,347.37 owed by Hertz to the council, written of and passed on to the local populist or airbrushed? Forever morally bankrupt, and in our shadow.Putting themselves into administration shortly after declaring themselves self sufficient enabled them to avoid this debt and hundreds of others.

But it's not as if the council bust a gut to diligently pursue this long outstanding debt like it would do other hard pressed business tax payers.

As pointed out above it's still very much business as usual as far as the relationship between the charity thieves and your city council is concerned.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
16-02-2018, 08:41 AM
Did they ever pay the rent they were due to Heriot Watt ?

If a Jambo or anyone has the evidence it would be great to see.

Thanks

Spike Mandela
16-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Did they ever pay the rent they were due to Heriot Watt ?

If a Jambo or anyone has the evidence it would be great to see.

Thanks

No, they didn’t. In fact the doormats at HW allowed them to renegotiate cheaper future payments for use of their facilities.

GreenCastle
16-02-2018, 08:56 AM
No, they didn’t. In fact the doormats at HW allowed them to renegotiate cheaper future payments for use of their facilities.

Screw HW out ot £££ then somehow manage to agree a rent so that you can continue to use the new facilities and claim they are your own ??

The club with no shame...doesn’t make HW look too clever either.

InchHibby
16-02-2018, 08:58 AM
Never forgive them when we applied to build a new East along with a bunch of flats on the butterfly site, I’m sure one of the reasons for knocking it back was, it’s not suitable for housing, you couldn’t squeeze another house in there now if you tried. Council then as it most probably is now, full of hertz sxxxx.
GGTTH

WhileTheChief..
16-02-2018, 08:59 AM
Dunno why this keeps coming up. It’s been almost 5 years and folk still don’t know how administration works despite the massive threads on here to do with Hearts and Rangers!

If I take over the pub down the road that has gone out of business it’s not up to me to pay off any suppliers that the previous owners bumped. No one in their right mind would.

Similarly, it’s not up to Budge to pay off any of the creditors that Romanov screwed over.

Peevemor
16-02-2018, 09:17 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/news/sir-tom-s-fury-over-butterfly-land-wrangle-1-888787

Top secret - https://www.scotsman.com/news/hibs-owner-in-demand-for-answers-to-land-sale-1-1337248

greenginger
16-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Dunno why this keeps coming up. It’s been almost 5 years and folk still don’t know how administration works despite the massive threads on here to do with Hearts and Rangers!

If I take over the pub down the road that has gone out of business it’s not up to me to pay off any suppliers that the previous owners bumped. No one in their right mind would.

Similarly, it’s not up to Budge to pay off any of the creditors that Romanov screwed over.

Fair enough, but its still going on.

Hearts still haven't paid a penny for the Council land the new stand is built on, or their self-named Foundation Plaza they've been creaming themselves over.

Budge also announced a few months ago, she was expecting a payment of around £ 300,000 from the Council as part of the deal to house the new nursery school under her folly.

lucky
16-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Hearts didn’t have to pay any of their debts bar the football ones as part of their administration settlement. Lots of business lost out but £93k is nothing compared to the Lithuanian tax payers loses

Bostonhibby
16-02-2018, 09:46 AM

Similarly, it’s not up to Budge to pay off any of the creditors that Romanov screwed over.Some people choose to let them forget, others don't, others might back out when the situation looks less crooked to them.

The more they try to distance themselves from a shameful and shameless recent past whilst still claiming special relationships with the very people they bumped the easier it is to see why some choose to parody them.

horseflesh
16-02-2018, 09:55 AM
It is a massive stain on the history of their club, one that may get diluted over the mists of time. I would say it is up to us to remind our dishonest neighbours from to time #infamous #poppythieves

MB62
16-02-2018, 11:32 AM

They didn't go out of business though, they went in to administration. Unlike rangers, HoMFC are still the same company just under different ownership, so when agreeing a deal with Mad Vlad to buy the company, she Shirley buys the debt too? Totally different if it was liquidation like Oldco?
BTW, I don't know, this is just the way I believe their situation should work out.

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2018, 11:34 AM
They didn't go out of business though, they went in to administration. Unlike rangers, HoMFC are still the same company just under different ownership, so when agreeing a deal with Mad Vlad to buy the company, she Shirley buys the debt too? Totally different if it was liquidation like Oldco?
BTW, I don't know, this is just the way I believe their situation should work out.

No she doesn't.

She didn't come to a deal with Romanov; he got none of the money. She came to a deal with the administrator, who distributed the cash between the secured creditor, the football creditors and themselves.

GreenCastle
16-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Has the great community club sorted the nursery yet ?

Kids been moved about but more important to half finish the main stand.

They are a shambles and you have to be thick not to see it.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2018, 11:54 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/news/sir-tom-s-fury-over-butterfly-land-wrangle-1-888787

Top secret - https://www.scotsman.com/news/hibs-owner-in-demand-for-answers-to-land-sale-1-1337248

Fair enough, but its still going on.

Hearts still haven't paid a penny for the Council land the new stand is built on, or their self-named Foundation Plaza they've been creaming themselves over.

Budge also announced a few months ago, she was expecting a payment of around £ 300,000 from the Council as part of the deal to house the new nursery school under her folly.

What a contrast which shows the clear disparity between EEC's dealings with us and the Yams.

At the end of the day the failure of STF's consortium to win the Lochend Butterfly bid ( in the dodgiest circumstances possible it seems to me ) has cost Hibs around three million quid. If its true that a new east stand was part of the application and would have been part of the overall process without Hibs as a club having to find the money for it. Because that didn't happen Hibs had to find the money themselves.

Meanwhile, after being stung for thousands of pounds of taxpayers money by Hearts ( no matter who owned them ) the council sell them land for the Mega Truss Stand project and don't seem in the least bit bothered that a year later they still haven't been paid for it. And to compound the felony the Yams are about to receive a large sum of money the council are due for their part of the bargain.

Of the many ridiculous claims Yams make about their club it cant be denied that 'Hearts are the establishment club' isn't amongst them .... that ladies and gentlemen appears to be a fact.

greenginger
16-02-2018, 11:59 AM
No she doesn't.

She didn't come to a deal with Romanov; he got none of the money. She came to a deal with the administrator, who distributed the cash between the secured creditor, the football creditors and themselves.

I think it was just the secured creditor Ukio Bankas who got Budge's cash, although they passed on £200 k to the administrator of UBIG to get them to pass over their shareholding.

The football creditors got paid out by Foundation of Hearts.

I think BDO got their fees by trading the football club to the end of the administration process.

They're still tax dodging bassas by the way ! :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2018, 02:28 PM
I think it was just the secured creditor Ukio Bankas who got Budge's cash, although they passed on £200 k to the administrator of UBIG to get them to pass over their shareholding.

The football creditors got paid out by Foundation of Hearts.

I think BDO got their fees by trading the football club to the end of the administration process.

They're still tax dodging bassas by the way ! :greengrin

You're right about who actually paid what, of course.

The point, though, was that the notion that a new owner should pay all the debts of a company in administration is a non-starter IMO.

Keith_M
16-02-2018, 02:36 PM
You're right about who actually paid what, of course.

The point, though, was that the notion that a new owner should pay all the debts of a company in administration is a non-starter IMO.

Very true, but as they love to remind everyone of their history, we're within our rights to remind them of the unacceptable side of it, like stealing pensioners savings and charity money to pay for players they obviously couldn't afford.

andybev1
16-02-2018, 03:05 PM
Maybe a question to the Scottish parliament might at least embarrass those involved.

I think unlike the UK parliament you do not need a petition although 10,000 will get a response in the UK parliament - I found this: How petitions work

You create a petition. Only British citizens and UK residents can create or sign a petition.
You get 5 people to support your petition. We’ll tell you how to do this when you’ve created your petition.
We check your petition, then publish it. We only reject petitions that don’t meet the standards for petitions.
The Petitions Committee reviews all petitions we publish. They select petitions of interest to find out more about the issues raised. They have the power to press for action from government or Parliament.
At 10,000 signatures you get a response from the government.
At 100,000 signatures your petition will be considered for a debate in Parliament.

This leaflet describes how to petition the scottish parliament if anyone is interested: https://www.parliament.scot/PublicInformationdocuments/HTSAPP-190712.pdf

Tricla
16-02-2018, 03:55 PM

Does that make it OK that everyone got bumped?

Never let them forget.

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Maybe a question to the Scottish parliament might at least embarrass those involved.

I think unlike the UK parliament you do not need a petition although 10,000 will get a response in the UK parliament - I found this: How petitions work

You create a petition. Only British citizens and UK residents can create or sign a petition.
You get 5 people to support your petition. We’ll tell you how to do this when you’ve created your petition.
We check your petition, then publish it. We only reject petitions that don’t meet the standards for petitions.
The Petitions Committee reviews all petitions we publish. They select petitions of interest to find out more about the issues raised. They have the power to press for action from government or Parliament.
At 10,000 signatures you get a response from the government.
At 100,000 signatures your petition will be considered for a debate in Parliament.

This leaflet describes how to petition the scottish parliament if anyone is interested: https://www.parliament.scot/PublicInformationdocuments/HTSAPP-190712.pdf

Pretty sure its 100,000 mate.

I don't want us getting involved in petitions and all that. I'm all for public accountability and transparency regarding how public funds are handled, but not when the motivation is getting one over a fitba rival and especially when there is no chance anything will be achieved by it anyway .... This incarnation of Hertz cannot be held liable for council tax owed by the last one. That doesn't mean to say questions shouldn't be asked of ECC who must have known the writing was on the wall at Hertz and didn't act quickly to try and recover that money before the **** hit the fan.

The BBC did a pretty good documentary exposing how Hibs were used as a money making tool by a nefarious Monaco based shyster and how he did it. I would love to see another BBC or even better Channel 4 team investigating the Lochend Butterfly fiasco, specifically:

To find out why a proposal which was far more civic minded than the one which was chosen wasn't given preference.

To find out if at the end of the day STF's proposal would have been of far greater benefit to Edinburgh from a financial point of view than the one which was eventually chosen.

To find out how council officials managed to mislead the STF consortium about what type of proposals would be considered .. a fact freely admitted by council officials according to the Scotsman report.

To find out Why ECC didn't extend the deadline for bids when by their own admission the original STF bid wasn't accepted and never could have been due to an alleged 'error' by the council's own staff.

And finally .... To find out once and for all if the fact that Hibs were involved in the bid was indeed a factor in it being a) handled so badly by ECC ... and b) turned down.

Of itself a pretty minor land development deal would be of little interest to folk outwith Edinburgh ... but if it could be linked to bias against one of the bids because a specific football club was involved, that would make it an interesting programme for folk outside of the capital IMO.

EastCalderHibby
16-02-2018, 06:36 PM
Does that make it OK that everyone got bumped?

Never let them forget.

a banner with the words HMFC ROBBING CHARITY'S SINCE 1874 on it would remember them and all the tv viewers hanging from ff upper

Fife-Hibee
16-02-2018, 06:40 PM
a banner with the words HMFC ROBBING CHARITY'S SINCE 1874 on it would remember them and all the tv viewers hanging from ff upper

Lovely!

CropleyWasGod
16-02-2018, 06:43 PM
a banner with the words HMFC ROBBING CHARITY'S SINCE 1874 on it would remember them and all the tv viewers hanging from ff upperMake sure it's spelt rite tho [emoji851]

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
16-02-2018, 06:46 PM

Charity's what?

lapsedhibee
16-02-2018, 07:15 PM
And finally .... To find out once and for all if the fact that Hibs were involved in the bid was indeed a factor in it being a) handled so badly by ECC ... and b) turned down.

Of itself a pretty minor land development deal would be of little interest to folk outwith Edinburgh ... but if it could be linked to bias against one of the bids because a specific football club was involved, that would make it an interesting programme for folk outside of the capital IMO.

Didn't some American (? non-native anyway) bloke walk out of local government here a few years ago, giving as a specific reason that he was weary of council decisions being affected or even determined by the footballing affiliations of its members? Can't remember his name but since he stated that publicly there's never really been any doubt that the council's corrupt. All that farce with certificates for The Eighth Wonder merely confirms it.

kaimendhibs
16-02-2018, 07:31 PM
Never ever let them forget. Next time you hit a pothole in Edinburgh just imagine how many that cash would fix

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

majorhibs
16-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Some people choose to let them forget, others don't, others might back out when the situation looks less crooked to them.

The more they try to distance themselves from a shameful and shameless recent past whilst still claiming special relationships with the very people they bumped the easier it is to see why some choose to parody them.

Exactly!

WhileTheChief..
16-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Thread on Kickback in response to this. Some interesting theories on Hibs finances!

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/175442-the-council-and-hertz/

Crab apple
16-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Didn't some American (? non-native anyway) bloke walk out of local government here a few years ago, giving as a specific reason that he was weary of council decisions being affected or even determined by the footballing affiliations of its members? Can't remember his name but since he stated that publicly there's never really been any doubt that the council's corrupt. All that farce with certificates for The Eighth Wonder merely confirms it.

Paul Lowenberg. However it was the jambo Cllrs and senior officials from the former Lothian Regional Council who pulled the strings on the Lochend Butterfly site. The decision was 100% manipulated. The current council might be incompetent but they wouldn’t get away with what happened back then.

matty_f
16-02-2018, 10:14 PM
They’re getting away with it
All messed up
Getting away with it
All messed up
That's the Jambos

- James
Shouldn't that be:

Getting away with it
No League Cup...

NAE NOOKIE
16-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Thread on Kickback in response to this. Some interesting theories on Hibs finances!

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/175442-the-council-and-hertz/

Admins ... can you please delete my posts from this thread, I have now been put straight and realise that something called 5 - 1 has changed me into something called a 'bitter Hobo' It turns out there's nothing to see here :greengrin

BTW .... Did we really save 4 million quid on the BOS deal ...... fantastic :aok:

tamig
16-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Admins ... can you please delete my posts from this thread, I have now been put straight and realise that something called 5 - 1 has changed me into something called a 'bitter Hobo' It turns out there's nothing to see here :greengrin

BTW .... Did we really save 4 million quid on the BOS deal ...... fantastic :aok:
The terms of that deal have never been publicised so where that character got that from who knows? They make it up as they go along. Erses.

brog
16-02-2018, 11:07 PM
I'm afraid I'm firmly in the never forgive them & never let them forget camp. Yams performance off the field in recent years pretty much mirrors their on field efforts. ie, cheat, lie, foul, disrupt play to the extent that the original intent is forgotten. Then there's the propaganda. I'm well aware that Budge et al have absolutely no responsibility to help creditors who were shafted by Yams. However it must stick in their craws ( the creditors that is ) every time another sycophantic article about Yams appears in the MSM. Then there's Dundee, wrongly relegated because self sufficient Yams astonishingly went into admin just after the end of the season. Never let them forget their shame.