PDA

View Full Version : John McGinn to Wigan

hibeelovin90
15-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Was speaking to Leam Richardson (Wigan assistant manager) last night at a function down south. Theyre interested in john and thinking theyd be willing to offer north of 5 mil

easty
15-02-2018, 04:06 PM
The Wigan assistant manager actually told you they'd pay more than £5m for him...did that actually happen or did you have a few too many beverages and possibly imagined it?

Oscar T Grouch
15-02-2018, 04:08 PM
Looking good for auto promotion to the Championship, have a good manager in charge. Could be a good move for him but I think he could do better. They are still owned by Dave Whelan so not short of a bob or two

hibeelovin90
15-02-2018, 04:09 PM
The Wigan assistant manager actually told you they'd pay more than £5m for him...did that actually happen or did you have a few too many beverages and possibly imagined it?
Wigan are receiving heavy investment mate, that's gonna mean a lot of money - guessing about 5 mil

truehibernian
15-02-2018, 04:10 PM

If SJM keeps adding goals to his overall game, the way he is doing this year already, he will go to a better side than Wigan.

I still maintain we'll get good money from an EPL side in summer, with West Ham leading the chase amongst others. Would not surprise me if there is strong interest from abroad too :agree:

Hibby soldier
15-02-2018, 04:22 PM
He is set for celtic, even more so after they get humped in Europe tonight......

jacomo
If SJM keeps adding goals to his overall game, the way he is doing this year already, he will go to a better side than Wigan.

I still maintain we'll get good money from an EPL side in summer, with West Ham leading the chase amongst others. Would not surprise me if there is strong interest from abroad too :agree:

David Moyes needs to get his own contract at West Ham sorted first before he can worry about signing players.

Diclonius
North of £5M? Is he mad?

Future17
Wigan are receiving heavy investment mate, that's gonna mean a lot of money - guessing about 5 mil

So he didn't mention £5m?

Allant1981

so to start with you said north of £5m now guessing about £5m,so this conversation didnt really take place

Pete
15-02-2018, 04:25 PM
He is set for celtic, even more so after they get humped in Europe tonight......

I’d rather we sell to Wigan than one of our rivals, if anyone at all.

That’s the thing about Scotland, decent players at provincial clubs are always “set” for a Glasgow club.

Since90+2
15-02-2018, 04:25 PM
£5 million aye? We wont even get half that.

truehibernian
15-02-2018, 04:26 PM
Looking good for auto promotion to the Championship, have a good manager in charge. Could be a good move for him but I think he could do better. They are still owned by Dave Whelan so not short of a bob or two

Is it not Dave Whelan's grandson now in charge ? I thought during a recent FA Cup game they implied he was in talks to sell the club too ?

bawheid
15-02-2018, 04:28 PM
I’d keep him next season, enjoy this once in a generation player for one more year, watch him bag the league and Scottish Cup double, and then thank him for everything he’s done and wish him well on his way.

Screw yer £5m. You can’t buy memories.

hibeelovin90
15-02-2018, 04:30 PM
so to start with you said north of £5m now guessing about £5m,so this conversation didnt really take place
Mate, the guy said they were interested in john. I said to him we'd take 5mil and he said john could go for more :flag::flag:

Sammy7nil
15-02-2018, 04:31 PM

I am guessing £35 million with add on's :wink:

HibsNutter
15-02-2018, 04:34 PM
The only way we would get £5m would be if he signs a new contract. As he goes into his last year, so much power transfers to the buyer.

GreenNWhiteArmy
15-02-2018, 04:39 PM
If we get £2M with a sell on clause then we're doing well imo.

12 months to go on his contract come the summer and free to talk to clubs in January. Any chance of a "big" bid ended when the window shut

guthrie01
15-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Mate, the guy said they were interested in john. I said to him we'd take 5mil and he said john could go for more :flag::flag:

Think he was just being nice to you, no chance they will offer over £5 million for John sorry to say

LancsHibs
15-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Assume this will be reliant on Wigan getting promoted to the championship this season, otherwise there is no chance Wigan could pay £5mil for anybody. Even with promotion I doubt it!

oneone73
15-02-2018, 04:43 PM

That’s the thing about Scotland, decent players at provincial clubs are always “set” for a Glasgow club.

What provincial club would that be? Not one from the capital, surely?

Pete
15-02-2018, 04:44 PM
What provincial club would that be? Not one from the capital, surely?

Sorry, I should’ve said “non old-firm club”.

Greenworld
15-02-2018, 04:48 PM
Is it not Dave Whelan's grandson now in charge ? I thought during a recent FA Cup game they implied he was in talks to sell the club too ?Wigan have agreed a deal in principle to sell to Hong Kong based company. So big money may be coming

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

oneone73
15-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Sorry, I should’ve said “non old-firm club”.

Agreed. Sorry to be arsey, but it annoys me when the Glasgow media call us that.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Wigan for decent cash with a sell on fee might be a good move for him and us. Regular football, make the headlines and then move on for big money. Whether he an do better doesn't factor in. What is best for us does.

Carheenlea
15-02-2018, 05:13 PM
£5M - excellent. We might then be able to table a bid to sign superstar Harry Cochrane.

Pretty Boy
15-02-2018, 05:22 PM
No one is paying £5M for a Scottish Premiership player with a year left on their contract.

Perd Hapley
15-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Obvious examples of good players have gone to Wigan and gone on to do well. On the other hand there's Fraser Fyvie.

I can see any deal Hibs negotiate when McGinn inevitably moves on relying heavily on a sell-on value rather than transfer fee - with the possible exception of Celtic where the precedent of Scott Brown suggests McGinn could settle. As someone said previously, no club is likely to pay a serious fee for a player in this league in the last year of his contract. In a way it's convenient that the bump up in price we might demand of Celtic given the impact of selling to a direct competitor and the aforementioned unlikelihood of a future sell-on fee surely bumps up the asking price in Celtic's budget, which is meagre compared to some of the clubs down south might offer.

I still reckon McGinn could survive in the lower half of the premiership and get the experience needed to move onto bigger things, a la Robertson. Time will tell.

Captain Trips
15-02-2018, 05:35 PM
Anything under £5m for a player of this talent and still potential is IMO robbery.

Yeah will we get offered less? Probably

Will we take less?
Probably

In this day and age with the way fees are going then £5m is a total bargain.

Greenworld
15-02-2018, 05:55 PM
We don't half under sell ourselves if clubs like him and want in the summer then I think having a year left is fine rember 5 million is peanuts down there some of us might think it a lot but they get one he'll of a pro

Allant1981
15-02-2018, 05:57 PM

thats not what you said in your post though, they might well be intetested but it wont be anywhere near £5m

Smartie
15-02-2018, 06:01 PM
I don't think having a year left on his contract will affect anything.

It's basic supply and demand - if we can drum up enough interest in him we'll get top dollar.

He's an Internationalist who has 2 winners medals, hundreds of senior appearances and has scored some cracking goals at Ibrox and Parkhead this season.

John McGinn is one of Scottish football's hottest properties.

If he is to leave us, I hope his agent does his job, drums up as much interest as possible and gets as many clubs interested as possible. That way he/ we can play the clubs off against each other to ensure we cash in on our greatest asset.

We win, McGinn wins - and the buying club will be a few quid down but will have themselves a good lad, a top professional and a superb player.

£5m isn't close to being unreasonable when you hear some of the stories about what clubs like Sunderland have pissed away on players.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Paul Cook the Wigan manager is a big Liverpool fan, has a box at Anfield.
£5m would be unbelievable money for McGinn

WoreTheGreen
15-02-2018, 06:04 PM
Me thinks a coach / assistant manager would reveal future signings and transfer fees to a mate is highly unlikely

3pm
15-02-2018, 06:19 PM
Paul Cook the Wigan manager is a big Liverpool fan, has a box at Anfield.
£5m would be unbelievable money for McGinn

Yep - not believable in the slightest.

Hi Heid Yin
15-02-2018, 06:20 PM
I think that too many up here in Scotland under-value our product and our players, also it's in the interests of clubs down south to talk-down Scottish football in the hope of snatching an absolute bargain.
John McGinn ( A Scottish Internationalist), if playing for a Leeds United-type team down south, would be talked about in terms of £10 million by other English clubs.
I shake my head at those who think he's not worth £5 million.
Anyhow, I trust our commanders in chief at Easter Road to strike a healthy deal for our club when negotiating with Wigan or any other club south of the border, indeed, with Celtic up here too.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2018, 06:23 PM
I think that too many up here in Scotland under-value our product and our players, also it's in the interests of clubs down south to talk-down Scottish football in the hope of snatching an absolute bargain.
John McGinn ( A Scottish Internationalist), if playing for a Leeds United-type team down south, would be talked about in terms of £10 million by other English clubs.
I shake my head at those who think he's not worth £5 million.
Anyhow, I trust our commanders in chief at Easter Road to strike a healthy deal for our club when negotiating with Wigan or any other club south of the border, indeed, with Celtic up here too.

You can shake your head all you like but the fact remains that whether we think he is worth it or not, an English club won't pay us £5m for him.

SunshineOnLeith
15-02-2018, 06:35 PM
That's nothing. I had coffee with Zinedine Zidane earlier and he told me Real Madrid are willing to pay €10million for him.

Your move, Wigan's assistant manager.

Planet Hibs
15-02-2018, 06:36 PM
It won’t matter if he only has 1 year left, so long as there are at least two clubs serious about getting him

Michael
15-02-2018, 06:46 PM
You can shake your head all you like but the fact remains that whether we think he is worth it or not, an English club won't pay us £5m for him.

Weirder things have happened in recent history. I'd never have thought that the Neymar trans would happen. Probably more 2-3 million though.

WoreTheGreen
15-02-2018, 06:48 PM
That's nothing. I had coffee with Zinedine Zidane earlier and he told me Real Madrid are willing to pay €10million for him.

Your move, Wigan's assistant manager.

Nonsense he doesn’t like coffee

lord bunberry
15-02-2018, 07:10 PM
£5m isn’t out of the question imo. If there’s a few clubs interested, then that’s going to push up the price. It’s still peanuts to teams down south.

MWHIBBIES
15-02-2018, 07:20 PM
It won’t matter if he only has 1 year left, so long as there are at least two clubs serious about getting himOr they just both offer 2.5 million and we accept both?

Hibbyradge
15-02-2018, 07:20 PM
Was speaking to Leam Richardson (Wigan assistant manager) last night at a function down south. Theyre interested in john and thinking theyd be willing to offer north of 5 mil

That sort of thing happens to me all the time.

I was on the coastliner, (Yorkshire equivalent of the number 26) when the Leeds assistant manager got on and sat beside me.

We got chatting, as you do, and he told me that Leeds were going to make a bid of around £2.75 million for Tyler Roberts.

He also said something about a new badge, but I didn't believe him.

RyeSloan
15-02-2018, 07:22 PM
£5m isn’t out of the question imo. If there’s a few clubs interested, then that’s going to push up the price. It’s still peanuts to teams down south.

Exactly. Number and calibre of teams that take a serous interest will clearly impact the sell price.

If only one club of the likes of Wigan come in for him then £5m is a pipe dream. If 3 or 4 clubs come in for him, one being the likes of a West Ham then £5m might well be achievable.

Sure the 1 year thing is an issue but again it’s mitigated somewhat if there is a number of offers tabled.

Either way I hope we get a nice sell on clause and the boy goes onto to be a top top player. Safe in the knowledge we sadly won’t see him at Hibs next year it would be brilliant to see him playing and succeeding in the EPL next season

Hi Heid Yin
15-02-2018, 07:40 PM

Exactly, and for the reason I mentioned.

chrisski33
15-02-2018, 08:06 PM

sniff sniff

matty_f
15-02-2018, 08:39 PM

:agree:

Pocket change to most of the clubs there. When you see what some players go for, players who are no more than squad fillers, then £5m isn't as crazy as it sounds.

allezsauzee
15-02-2018, 08:46 PM
I'd be surprised if a championship team would pay £5m for a player playing in Scotland when they could probably sign players who have played in the division for a similar amount.

Thecat23
15-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Absolutely no chance Hibs will get £5m for him. In this current market we should get it, but the Scottish game is very undervalued and in all honesty I would put money on us getting around £2.5 max.

Lennon though is making all the right noises, by saying that’s another million added after we played The Rangers. We’ll not be bullied but hibs will accept anything around £2.5m imo. Really hope I’m wrong though and he goes for £10m 😁

Smartie
15-02-2018, 08:59 PM
I'd be surprised if a championship team would pay £5m for a player playing in Scotland when they could probably sign players who have played in the division for a similar amount.

There are a lot of very average players there.

John McGinn got the better of Didier N'Dong in our friendly against Sunderland. N'Dong cost £13m, barely kicked a ball for them in the Championship and moved on loan to Watford in January.

Jack Rodwell cost them £10m, and his starting salary there was £60k per week. It is thought to rise by 10% every year and the contract didn't have a relegation clause written into it, so he is probably picking up North of £70k per week at the moment. He has made 2 appearances this season, picks up mystery injuries every Friday to avoid playing at the weekend, refuses to play midfield (where he has played his entire career) etc etc.

Sunderland are 2nd bottom of the league.

There is an awful lot of money being spent on crocks, wasters, talentless grafters and all sorts else in that league.

Granted, there are also some good players.

Teams dropping out of the Premier League will often have pots of cash and a desperation to get back amongst the big boys again.

Leaving aside football ability and achievements in his career so far, McGinn is known to be a good lad, a solid pro with an excellent attitude. I don't think it is at all crazy to think that a club down there would be prepared to part with a significant amount of money for a player who has so many attributes.

You can also point at a good few players who well knew were good players up here but didn't necessarily seem destined for greatness who became very solid Championship players - Kevin McNaughton, Callum Paterson, Jonny Russell, Scott Arfield etc.

£5m for McGinn isn't unrealistic but tbh much depends on the way that Hibs, McGinn and his agent play it.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2018, 09:08 PM

Wigan aren't in the championship,they are in league one.

CiscoKid
15-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Wigan aren't in the championship,they are in league one.

Looking at Wigan's recent transfer history they are not paying £5million for anyone, he's more likely on their list of good players approaching the last year of their current contract.

Drumlanrig
15-02-2018, 09:23 PM

Provincial = from the Provinces!
Hibs and Yams are the capital clubs all others are “provincial”
Sorry for being a pedant !!

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Looking at Wigan's recent transfer history they are not paying £5million for anyone, he's more likely on their list of good players approaching the last year of their current contract.

Agree

Stevie Reid
15-02-2018, 09:27 PM
I think we'll be lucky to get more than a million for McGinn, as good a player as he is.

Keyser Sauzee
15-02-2018, 09:59 PM
I think he’ll go for around 1.5mil in the summer or stay next season and go for free the summer after. We’re not getting 5mil for him or anywhere near that and folk who think we will, or even should for that matter, are delusional.

Scouse Hibee
15-02-2018, 10:10 PM
deleted

Take it easy mate, we all want the same thing.

RossScott1991
15-02-2018, 10:11 PM
I reckon we will get about 2.5million for Mcginn with a sell on clause put in place.

We got 2million for Thomson from rangers, can see it being similar with Mcginn. I reckon that is a very reasonable offer, if we can somehow rinse a english club for more be brilliant, but Hibs will accept a bid in region of 2mil + and will definitely insert a future sell on clause for sure.

majorhibs
15-02-2018, 10:27 PM
Wow! I mean wow! OK 5 million!:flag:

Captain Trips
15-02-2018, 11:00 PM
I reckon we will get about 2.5million for Mcginn with a sell on clause put in place.

We got 2million for Thomson from rangers, can see it being similar with Mcginn. I reckon that is a very reasonable offer, if we can somehow rinse a english club for more be brilliant, but Hibs will accept a bid in region of 2mil + and will definitely insert a future sell on clause for sure.

That £2m was over 10yrs ago. We deserve a minimum of £5m, St Mirren deserve their % and SJM deserves his % as well. As I said any less is a total bargain.

Brightside
15-02-2018, 11:59 PM
Never happened.

Brightside
16-02-2018, 12:01 AM
That £2m was over 10yrs ago. We deserve a minimum of £5m, St Mirren deserve their % and SJM deserves his % as well. As I said any less is a total bargain.

We deserve nothing....we will get whatever the biggest offer is....if its £2m we will whip their hands off. Talk of £5m is mental not matter what players are going for down south.

Captain Trips
16-02-2018, 01:52 AM
We deserve nothing....we will get whatever the biggest offer is....if its £2m we will whip their hands off. Talk of £5m is mental not matter what players are going for down south.

Its not mental its my opinion under £5m for me is cheap, maybe not for you or not for the club or many on here but it is for me. I base it on ability not the league he is playing but on him. If he was on a longer contract I would put his value at nearer £10m.

What I want or I think is irrelevant as is what you think as we are not going to be bidding or accepting or refusing offers.

FilipinoHibs
16-02-2018, 02:17 AM

You do get some p**h on here!

The Leith Dutch
16-02-2018, 09:08 AM
Its not mental its my opinion under £5m for me is cheap, maybe not for you or not for the club or many on here but it is for me. I base it on ability not the league he is playing but on him. If he was on a longer contract I would put his value at nearer £10m.

What I want or I think is irrelevant as is what you think as we are not going to be bidding or accepting or refusing offers.

The problem with the bit in bold is that it makes it sound like there's going to be something unusual in the bidding that changes the norm in the same way that the Neymar transfer moved transfers to the next level.

I seriously doubt there will be partly because, much as I like McGinn and as good as he's been for us, I don't think he's exceptional enough to generate that type of fevered interest and partly because no matter what he's worth there is a level of a player's value that gets set not by the player's talent but by the level of his current club and the league they play in.

Celtic will get more than us for an equivalent player and also less than a lot of clubs in England.
For example I seriously doubt that Liverpool would have payed £75 million for van Dijk from Celtic.
And that's nothing to do with how good or bad any of us think van Dijk is.

The money in football may be silly right now but it's not equal opportunities silly.
I'd be surprised if we even get £2 million for McGinn although I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Personally I think the sell on clause is probably what the club will be more focussed on - I can see McGinn having the kind of lower / mid table Premiership career Fletcher had and it wouldn't surprise me if we got at least as much from his first transfer after us as we get for selling him in the first place.

Souter96Mac
16-02-2018, 09:12 AM
If McGinn was English he'd be worth about £25 million. Just goes to show how they overate their own and they'll low ball us for our talented players knowing that we don't have the same kind of money. I think we should be getting around 5 mill for him, but unfortunately can't see it.

Since90+2
16-02-2018, 09:13 AM
We wont get anything like £5 million for him ffs. Absolutely mental people even think thats a possibility.

Sweet Left Peg
16-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Once upon a time, I told a jambo at school that they had signed Roberto Donadoni on account of him being good pals with Pasquale Bruno. "If you don't believe me, it's in tonight's Evening News", I said. Which of course they rushed out to buy in excitement, only to find out it was pish.

When I hear rumours like this online I wonder if it is that same jambo paying me back. Like all rumours, I'll believe it when I see it. For now, I'll enjoy watching McGinn play for Hibs because we won't have many like him that often.

CRAZYHIBBY
16-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Hilarious thread.... sounds like absolute drivel to me...

Captain Trips
16-02-2018, 09:46 AM
We wont get anything like £5 million for him ffs. Absolutely mental people even think thats a possibility.

I mentioned £5m I also said we won't be offered that. I think he is worth at least that but we won't in all probability get it.

SirDavidsNapper
16-02-2018, 10:14 AM
We'll get more from a sell on for McGinn than we will for a transfer fee

allezsauzee
16-02-2018, 11:26 AM
There are a lot of very average players there.

John McGinn got the better of Didier N'Dong in our friendly against Sunderland. N'Dong cost £13m, barely kicked a ball for them in the Championship and moved on loan to Watford in January.

Jack Rodwell cost them £10m, and his starting salary there was £60k per week. It is thought to rise by 10% every year and the contract didn't have a relegation clause written into it, so he is probably picking up North of £70k per week at the moment. He has made 2 appearances this season, picks up mystery injuries every Friday to avoid playing at the weekend, refuses to play midfield (where he has played his entire career) etc etc.

Sunderland are 2nd bottom of the league.

There is an awful lot of money being spent on crocks, wasters, talentless grafters and all sorts else in that league.

Granted, there are also some good players.

Teams dropping out of the Premier League will often have pots of cash and a desperation to get back amongst the big boys again.

Leaving aside football ability and achievements in his career so far, McGinn is known to be a good lad, a solid pro with an excellent attitude. I don't think it is at all crazy to think that a club down there would be prepared to part with a significant amount of money for a player who has so many attributes.

You can also point at a good few players who well knew were good players up here but didn't necessarily seem destined for greatness who became very solid Championship players - Kevin McNaughton, Callum Paterson, Jonny Russell, Scott Arfield etc.

£5m for McGinn isn't unrealistic but tbh much depends on the way that Hibs, McGinn and his agent play it.

I'm not for one minute saying that SJM isn't better than most of the midfielders in the championship. What I'm saying is that he hasn't proven this yet and until he does, he'll not command anything like the fees that players that have played in the division.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-02-2018, 11:26 AM
St Mirren get 33% of the transfer fee.

Smartie
16-02-2018, 11:59 AM
I'm not for one minute saying that SJM isn't better than most of the midfielders in the championship. What I'm saying is that he hasn't proven this yet and until he does, he'll not command anything like the fees that players that have played in the division.

But what does a proven Championship midfielder go for? Probably £10m - £15m.

I don't think it is unreasonable for us to expect a half or a third of what a proven player (and that is proven - not superb, or excellent) would go for.

There are a lot of clubs with pots of cash who have absolutely no idea how to spend it properly. We have a hot property on our hands and should be able to capitalise.

We are in a strong position in that we are in decent health financially. We have Rod Petrie on our side, who is well known for being able to squeeze money out of clubs when they want one of our assets. Neil Lennon will work to our advantage - he's a fairly high-profile figure down South whose opinion of one of his own players may hold a bit of weight.

We could easily have 5 or 6 interested parties, in which case the price goes up.

How much exactly is a parachute payment? Is it not about £45m or something? Is there not £5m in there for a player with McGinn's CV?

Stevie Reid
16-02-2018, 12:07 PM
I was thinking that perhaps people were getting carried away with their perceived transfer dealings of Championship clubs in England, so I had a look at this:

https://talksport.com/football/championship-transfers-11-most-expensive-deals-division-all-time-170710246052?p=10

As of last summer, only 8 players had been signed for £10M or more, with £15.8M being the most expensive.

It has zero bearing on McGinn's move from us in any case, and as I said before, I think (and very much hope I'm wrong) we're unlikely to get any more than £1M for him.

IWasThere2016
16-02-2018, 12:17 PM
The Arabs have very successfully sold and benefited from sell on clauses - and we should be doing similar.

The fee for Cummings was farcical and with 40% of SJM's fee going to St Midden and the player, we must be seeking £2m (min) + sell-on %

Stevie Reid
16-02-2018, 12:19 PM
The Arabs have very successfully sold and benefited from sell on clauses - and we should be doing similar.

The fee for Cummings was farcical and with 40% of SJM's fee going to St Midden and the player, we must be seeking £2m (min) + sell-on %

Can't see any way that anyone would pay such a large fee and then agree a sell on for someone with one year left on their contract - and who could sign a pre-contract in the January to prompt an earlier move.

Other clubs won't care how much we need to pay St. Mirren - and nor should they. We got that in the original deal to ensure we paid less up front - if we agree a sell on, it will be to the detriment of an up front fee.

rodhibs55
16-02-2018, 12:35 PM

Don' worry, Rod has the "sell on" clauses sorted. I believe we benefited from 2 sell on clauses with Fletch.

wpj
16-02-2018, 01:15 PM
Had this conversation been overheard in Greggs or come directly from the fish delivery man I would be more inclined to believe it

BoltonHibee
16-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Wigan don’t have the money to buy McGinn. The only way this would happen is if they sold Powell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Spartacus
16-02-2018, 01:54 PM

LOL - it happened - it didn't happen - I just thought it might have happened.

Remember when we thought we couldn't live without Scott Allan, we actually played better without him, now I'm not claiming that to be the case with JMcG, but £1M+ please. £5M+ is laughable. Nobody outside Celtic is worth that INCLUDING all the Daily Record valuations of the SevCo team.

Captain Trips
16-02-2018, 03:53 PM
LOL - it happened - it didn't happen - I just thought it might have happened.

Remember when we thought we couldn't live without Scott Allan, we actually played better without him, now I'm not claiming that to be the case with JMcG, but £1M+ please. £5M+ is laughable. Nobody outside Celtic is worth that INCLUDING all the Daily Record valuations of the SevCo team.

Opinions opinions 1m+ so £1.25m say for a young double trophy winner whom won these not playing for OF. A guy who is now an international. £5m is a very very good price £1.25m would be the laughable figure

greenflyer
16-02-2018, 05:30 PM
I would not like any of these amateur speculators to do a valuation of anything I possess (frugal as that may be).

Like all goods that have a variable cost footballers are priced by quality and demand. If managed sensibly SJM can achieve a valuation that benefits both him and his club. Many things are possible but cheap talk is pointless nonsense.
:paid:

Onion
16-02-2018, 05:42 PM
Unless SJM signs a new deal, Hibs will be forced to sell him on the cheap in the summer. £5m is laughable. £1.5 - £2m more likely, but we'll probably not hear what the final figure is as it will be much less than the £5-6m Lennon's been banging on about.

SJM's form dropped at the worse time for Hibs, just before the Jan window, when there was still a chance that one or two suitors paying big for him.

majorhibs
16-02-2018, 11:03 PM
I was thinking that perhaps people were getting carried away with their perceived transfer dealings of Championship clubs in England, so I had a look at this:

https://talksport.com/football/championship-transfers-11-most-expensive-deals-division-all-time-170710246052?p=10

As of last summer, only 8 players had been signed for £10M or more, with £15.8M being the most expensive.

It has zero bearing on McGinn's move from us in any case, and as I said before, I think (and very much hope I'm wrong) we're unlikely to get any more than £1M for him.
U
Your what’s wrong, sorry, that’s foolish! (we're unlikely to get any more than £1M for him) go support the charity thieves if you think SJM is worth 1M. That, sorry, is not a position a Hibs supporter should be anywhere near. Dunno what you are.

Keyser Sauzee
16-02-2018, 11:36 PM
U
Your what’s wrong, sorry, that’s foolish! (we're unlikely to get any more than £1M for him) go support the charity thieves if you think SJM is worth 1M. That, sorry, is not a position a Hibs supporter should be anywhere near. Dunno what you are.

U seem to think that the opinions ur reading on a football forum will have any bearing on Mcginns transfer if/when it happens which is bizarre, not sure why u have taken so much offence to it tbh. I would love McGinn to go for the figures mentioned here of £5m + but they’re ludicrous and we’ll probs end up with £1.5m for him, that’s the reality I’m afraid

SON OF PADDY
16-02-2018, 11:49 PM
I’d keep him next season, enjoy this once in a generation player for one more year, watch him bag the league and Scottish Cup double, and then thank him for everything he’s done and wish him well on his way.

Screw yer £5m. You can’t buy memories.

That would be the dream outcome !

Tornadoes70
16-02-2018, 11:58 PM
U

SJM is easily the best young midfielder in Scotland. I totally agree with you. If his value truly is only £1 million then I'd far rather we seen his outstanding performances at ER until his contract runs out. He's a class player allied with a professional attitude and always gives 100% work-rate. Some folk are always keener to look down rather than up. I'd love to keep this young man at ER rather then give him away on the cheap which would be crazy and disrespectful to Super John.

mon the cabbage!!!

lord bunberry
17-02-2018, 12:13 AM
What would sjm wear if he was signing for a top English team? I think he’d wear the burden of a Scottish record transfer. And he’d absolutely smash it.

Stevie Reid
17-02-2018, 01:06 AM
U

Sound. There's a space on the bus tae Dingwall the day if ye fancy it?

We're leaving early doors, mind. Should maybe get tae yer bed.

Allant1981
17-02-2018, 08:01 AM
U

a bit over dramatic?

Thecat23
17-02-2018, 08:59 AM
U

Just absolute anger all over this post! He gave his thoughts on what may happen and btw it could happen, and you have lost it for some strange reason. We all want the best for Hibs, and we’d all love the £5m some folk think he’d go for. I still think the best we’d get is around £2.5m and that’s the very most. Hopefully we have more than one team who comes in and they can compete with the bidding.

Captain Trips
17-02-2018, 09:09 AM
Just absolute anger all over this post! He gave his thoughts on what may happen and btw it could happen, and you have lost it for some strange reason. We all want the best for Hibs, and we’d all love the £5m some folk think he’d go for. I still think the best we’d get is around £2.5m and that’s the very most. Hopefully we have more than one team who comes in and they can compete with the bidding.

Indeed.

I honestly think he is worth as a player about £10m that is my opinion. We will not get offered that due to circumstances that everyone knows Scottish clubs need to sell and cannot knock back offers to often in case interest is lost. So unfortunately we will likely get what you suggest Cat which for me is beyond a bargain.

Heisenberg
17-02-2018, 09:11 AM
When did someone outside the OF last sell a player for 5 million? Scottish football isn’t thought of highly enough in the football world for it to happen. We’ll get a couple of million for SJM. I hope he stays though.

Diclonius
17-02-2018, 10:26 AM
Great article about McGinn.

http://bit.ly/2o6qhzH

blackpoolhibs
17-02-2018, 10:31 AM
We in our country from the top down, seem to do our best to belittle our game. We seem to talk down anything that's good about it and highlight the bad.

Pundits, papers even supporters, yes it's because we live next door to our cash rich neighbours, but it really needs to stop.

There are some great games every week, and some poor, just like in England. We have some terrific players too, in every team, and crowds are actually rising.

Yes England has all the exposure they want, but lets not keep talking our game down, and lets start promoting it better starting with our own fans.

And let's stop comparing our game with them, we won't have any teams that can compete, but we do have players who can play in their top league in my opinion.

John McGinn in my opinion could play in an Everton or a West Ham, will he, we will need to wait and see.

The Spaceman
17-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Great article about McGinn.

http://bit.ly/2o6qhzH

Great article from John. When he does move on, he will go with the best of wishes and will never be forgotten - modern day club legend who was instrumental in bringing us the cup.

matty_f
17-02-2018, 10:43 AM
We in our country from the top down, seem to do our best to belittle our game. We seem to talk down anything that's good about it and highlight the bad.

Pundits, papers even supporters, yes it's because we live next door to our cash rich neighbours, but it really needs to stop.

There are some great games every week, and some poor, just like in England. We have some terrific players too, in every team, and crowds are actually rising.

Yes England has all the exposure they want, but lets not keep talking our game down, and lets start promoting it better starting with our own fans.

And let's stop comparing our game with them, we won't have any teams that can compete, but we do have players who can play in their top league in my opinion.

John McGinn in my opinion could play in an Everton or a West Ham, will he, we will need to wait and see.

Brilliant post. :agree:

Captain Trips
17-02-2018, 11:09 AM

Good shout

StevieCowan
18-02-2018, 06:41 AM
Sunday Mail reporting that West Ham are back in for McGinn.

That should guarentee a fee north of £3.5m

Libby Hibby
18-02-2018, 07:00 AM

Shock horror!!! Media already trying to break up our fantastic 3 of a midfield less than 24hours after the game.

Lee Marvin
18-02-2018, 09:14 AM
Shock horror!!! Media already trying to break up our fantastic 3 of a midfield less than 24hours after the game.

Unfortunately it's looking like we will be lucky to be able to watch even one of those 3 in a hibs short next season.

Greenworld
18-02-2018, 10:05 AM
Shock horror!!! Media already trying to break up our fantastic 3 of a midfield less than 24hours after the game.I will amazed if there is not lot more interest drive the price up

Captain Trips
18-02-2018, 12:48 PM

Well they can't break it up this season so let's do The Rangers and Aberdeen while all here

Lago
18-02-2018, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately it's looking like we will be lucky to be able to watch even one of those 3 in a hibs short next season.
Thats my worry, we could realistically lose all 3 in the summer.

Captain Trips
18-02-2018, 06:10 PM

Good. Glad its a top tier club can only be a good thing as he was always leaving either that last window or the summer one. Hopefully get a decent fee to retain players and add.

majorhibs
18-02-2018, 06:21 PM

Good. Glad its a top tier club can only be a good thing as he was always leaving either that last window or the summer one. Hopefully get a decent fee to retain players and add.

But but but we will be lucky to get over 2M, it’s obvious, it’s what happens, we’re only Hibs & we’re only in Scotland, but but but

Lancs Harp
18-02-2018, 09:16 PM
John wont get much game time at West Ham or any other EPL team for that matter, much better he signs for a Championship side if he moves down south. Obviously from our point of view it would probably mean less money, so it depends on how you are looking at it.

B.H.F.C
18-02-2018, 09:29 PM
John wont get much game time at West Ham or any other EPL team for that matter, much better he signs for a Championship side if he moves down south. Obviously from our point of view it would probably mean less money, so it depends on how you are looking at it.

If he gets the chance to move to a decent sized team in the Premier League he should take it. Worst case scenario he’d end up out at a Championship team on loan anyway.

It’s all about being in the right place at the right time. The EPL is littered with midfield players who are completely average, play a hundred passes a game without actually doing anything. He could absolutely handle it if he got a chance.

Allant1981
18-02-2018, 09:31 PM
But but but we will be lucky to get over 2M, it’s obvious, it’s what happens, we’re only Hibs & we’re only in Scotland, but but but

there have been no bids made so we might not get anywhere near the reported fee

Lancs Harp
18-02-2018, 09:34 PM
If he gets the chance to move to a decent sized team in the Premier League he should take it. Worst case scenario he’d end up out at a Championship team on loan anyway.

It’s all about being in the right place at the right time. The EPL is littered with midfield players who are completely average, play a hundred passes a game without actually doing anything. He could absolutely handle it if he got a chance.

Its popular to knock the EPL but i'll put my tin hat on here, love him as much as I do SJM isnt good enough for a regular berth in an EPL side. He'll go the same way as Jaseif he signs for the wrong club. He wont get a regular start at West Ham.

Time will tell.

proud_and_green
18-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Provincial = from the Provinces!
Hibs and Yams are the capital clubs all others are “provincial”
Sorry for being a pedant !!Glad you made that point! Saved me doing it!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

majorhibs
18-02-2018, 09:43 PM
there have been no bids made so we might not get anywhere near the reported fee

Forgive me. I forgot to attend my anger management class, & also have not had even 1 pessimism pill today! Hopefully the morn I’ll be back on track, where Hibs deserve nowt & the Scottish league is so far below everything that decent transfer fees are absolute pie in the sky, then I can rejoin all you happy bunnies, I really want to get back on your John McGinn is worth peanuts bandwagon again so much!

blackpoolhibs
18-02-2018, 09:45 PM
Its popular to knock the EPL but i'll put my tin hat on here, love him as much as I do SJM isnt good enough for a regular berth in an EPL side. He'll go the same way as Jaseif he signs for the wrong club. He wont get a regular start at West Ham.

Time will tell.

I disagree, i think he could get plenty of game time at a club like West Ham, in fact i think he could force his way into many of the teams at the bottom 10 clubs in the EPL.

B.H.F.C
18-02-2018, 09:45 PM

Time will tell.

Right at this moment he might not be.

But the only way he is going to become good enough is if he gets the chance to develop at that level. There are a hell of a lot of players who have played well in the EPL having previously played at lower levels. Look at some of the players that play at Burnley for instance. Or the majority of the Bournemouth team who were playing in League One a few years ago.

There are plenty who could go in and develop in to good players at that level and I think McGinn is one of who has the attributes to do it. Andy Robertson is the prime example. It’s just about getting the chance.

Keyser Sauzee
18-02-2018, 09:49 PM
Forgive me. I forgot to attend my anger management class, & also have not had even 1 pessimism pill today! Hopefully the morn I’ll be back on track, where Hibs deserve nowt & the Scottish league is so far below everything that decent transfer fees are absolute pie in the sky, then I can rejoin all you happy bunnies, I really want to get back on your John McGinn is worth peanuts bandwagon again so much!

What are u on about??? Peoples opinions on a football forum will have zero relevance to McGinns value at the time of his transfer if/when it comes, don’t know why it upsets u so much.

Lancs Harp
18-02-2018, 09:50 PM
Right at this moment he might not be.

But the only way he is going to become good enough is if he gets the chance to develop at that level. There are a hell of a lot of players who have played well in the EPL having previously played at lower levels. Look at some of the players that play at Burnley for instance. Or the majority of the Bournemouth team who were playing in League One a few years ago.

There are plenty who could go in and develop in to good players at that level and I think McGinn is one of who has the attributes to do it. Andy Robertson is the prime example. It’s just about getting the chance.

A lot of truth in there mate, especially about Andy Robertson who has been superb since moving South and really grown beyond all recognition as a player. Im still not sure about John in the EPL though, I think he would be better served signing for a championship club where i feel he would get game time.

Lancs Harp
18-02-2018, 09:51 PM
I disagree, i think he could get plenty of game time at a club like West Ham, in fact i think he could force his way into many of the teams at the bottom 10 clubs in the EPL.

Time will tell mate but I have to say I disagree.

B.H.F.C
18-02-2018, 09:56 PM
A lot of truth in there mate, especially about Andy Robertson who has been superb since moving South and really grown beyond all recognition as a player. Im still not sure about John in the EPL though, I think he would be better served signing for a championship club where i feel he would get game time.

I’d just say that if he gets a chance to go to a Premier League side he should take it as it might not come up again. If it doesn’t work out he’d get his move to the Championship anyway, purely on the basis that he is a Premier League player. If he has 4 good games they’ll be talking about him being worth 30 million as that’s generally what happens down there.

majorhibs
18-02-2018, 09:57 PM
What are u on about??? Peoples opinions on a football forum will have zero relevance to McGinns value at the time of his transfer if/when it comes, don’t know why it upsets u so much.

My my my, & I thought I was the angry one? (see that, managed tae only use ONE question mark) who’s upset here, big boy?

Tornadoes70
18-02-2018, 09:59 PM

Why does it upset you so much? The majors merely talking up an extremely talented and very hard working Hibernian player who might be transferred in the summer. He's keen to see our club land as much as we can and I agree with him that SJM is worth much more than than some of the doom and gloom merchants are predicting.

mon the cabbage!!!

Keyser Sauzee
18-02-2018, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=lgnsh70;5320237]Why does it upset you so much? The majors merely talking up an extremely talented and very hard working Hibernian player who might be transferred in the summer. He's keen to see our club land as much as we can and I agree with him that SJM is worth much more than than some of the doom and gloom merchants are predicting.

It doesn’t upset me, force of habit when using punctuation unfortunately. The point I was making is that no1s opinion here will have any bearing on any transfer so why did it upset the poster to see people give their opinion which is obviously lower than his/hers, previous post on this thread show Major to be upset about it.

Lago
18-02-2018, 10:18 PM
Ah the happy clappers v the doom and gloom merchants, what fun. Lets be honest no one knows what he will go for.

majorhibs
18-02-2018, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=lgnsh70;5320237]Why does it upset you so much? The majors merely talking up an extremely talented and very hard working Hibernian player who might be transferred in the summer. He's keen to see our club land as much as we can and I agree with him that SJM is worth much more than than some of the doom and gloom merchants are predicting.

It doesn’t upset me, force of habit when using punctuation unfortunately. The point I was making is that no1s opinion here will have any bearing on any transfer so why did it upset the poster to see people give their opinion which is obviously lower than his/hers, previous post on this thread show Major to be upset about it.

Upset? Nah! Inebriated? Possibility.

Thecat23
18-02-2018, 10:39 PM

No one is saying he’s not worth £5m, folk are pointing out with what’s left of his contract be very surprising if we got more than half that. McGinn is a cracking player who I think would do well down south including West Ham “if” that’s where he ended up. Really don’t get why you got so angry though?

Thecat23
18-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Ah the happy clappers v the doom and gloom merchants, what fun. Lets be honest no one knows what he will go for.

Exactly, it’s pure guesswork from everyone including me. No one has a clue if he will go for millions but we can debate it. Well some can 😁

Lancs Harp
18-02-2018, 10:42 PM
Wigan ??

I didnt even know he could play rugby league.

majorhibs
18-02-2018, 10:43 PM
No one is saying he’s not worth £5m, folk are pointing out with what’s left of his contract be very surprising if we got more than half that. McGinn is a cracking player who I think would do well down south including West Ham “if” that’s where he ended up. Really don’t get why you got so angry though?

As my young son always texts hahaha. Where indeed are ye’se all getting this “anger” from. As anybody left who doesnae have me on ignore on here kens, there’s not a lot serious posted, & depending on the day & time, there’s sober posts, & the opposite. But seriously, where are ye getting the anger from?

Keyser Sauzee
18-02-2018, 10:45 PM
As my young son always texts hahaha. Where indeed are ye’se all getting this “anger” from. As anybody left who doesnae have me on ignore on here kens, there’s not a lot serious posted, & depending on the day & time, there’s sober posts, & the opposite. But seriously, where are ye getting the anger from?

Post number 86 on this thread, that’s where.

majorhibs
18-02-2018, 10:57 PM
Post number 86 on this thread, that’s where.

Ok, you’se are touchy on that one, & I probs could’ve chosen my words better, but IMO underselling or talking about underselling John McGinn really isnae in Hibs best interests, but as someone else alll in Green sometimes says, “you don’t want to see me angry”. Just my opinion, but loose talk even on a Hibs website, about how little our possibly most valuable asset, who will be getting sold soon, as we all know, really does NO favours for Hibs. But this is a website, which doesnae really make me angry. Sorry.

Thecat23
18-02-2018, 10:57 PM

It was from that post from earlier on, really did seem you were going off on one. If not then apologies, but the way you were having a go at guys who were just giving their opinion on what he may go for seemed a bit strong.

Thing is I think most would agree with you that he’s worth a good few million in this market. What makes it crap is his contract is running down and like it or not even though I think the Scottish game is hugely underrated and under valued we won’t get what we should or would if we were an English club.

majorhibs
18-02-2018, 11:24 PM
It was from that post from earlier on, really did seem you were going off on one. If not then apologies, but the way you were having a go at guys who were just giving their opinion on what he may go for seemed a bit strong.

Thing is I think most would agree with you that he’s worth a good few million in this market. What makes it crap is his contract is running down and like it or not even though I think the Scottish game is hugely underrated and under valued we won’t get what we should or would if we were an English club.

I ken aw that, Cat, but when ye flog yer car, dae ye go on about the fact it’s been run in Scotland where salt every winter leads tae rapid corrosion compared tae Spain? (Sellin my bike soon, zero corrosion, minimal rain, only run in Spain, interested?) I just dinnae see the sense in talkin somethin V. good, (Jonn McGinn, Honda Fireblade) doon when ye want tae sell, unless ye just want tae lose money!

Lancs Harp
18-02-2018, 11:29 PM
I ken aw that, Cat, but when ye flog yer car, dae ye go on about the fact it’s been run in Scotland where salt every winter leads tae rapid corrosion compared tae Spain? (Sellin my bike soon, zero corrosion, minimal rain, only run in Spain, interested?) I just dinnae see the sense in talkin somethin V. good, (Jonn McGinn, Honda Fireblade) doon when ye want tae sell, unless ye just want tae lose money!

Major you do realise Hibs have a decent size fanbase in England? Could you possibly write in an english we might understand. Thank you :greengrin:wink:

Thecat23
18-02-2018, 11:37 PM

Haha I get what your saying I really do. Fair dos for what I’ll say is “passion” for the Scottish game. We can talk it up though but it won’t change what he goes for. Although it’s it only £4m I think you can come back on and run everyone’s nose in it 😁

jgl07
19-02-2018, 01:30 AM
Assuming that Wigan could afford McGinn, why would he want to sign for the Pie Munchers?

They had a decent spell in the Premier League up to 2013 but are probably a natural third tier team. They have been relegated three times since their Cup win in 2013 and promoted once. They seem to be yo-yo-ing between Championship and League One. Even assuming they make promotion this year, they will be a fair bet to go down again.

Their usual home attendance seems to be around 8,000 who a rattling around in a 25,000 capacity stadium, whose main purpose is Rugby League. That should make for a great playing surface now that the Super League season has started at least once Wigan Warriors come back from Australia.

FilipinoHibs
19-02-2018, 01:49 AM

yes lets stop stressing and enjoy our magnificient midfield for the rest of the season.

heretoday
19-02-2018, 05:37 AM
Major you do realise Hibs have a decent size fanbase in England? Could you possibly write in an english we might understand. Thank you :greengrin:wink:

Is Irvine Welsh on here?

Captain Trips
19-02-2018, 09:24 AM
Unfortunately for us to continue as we are as like all clubs players come and go and as much as I would love SJM to stay the money we get will be vital to keep the club heading in right direction.

Money used to retain and recruit.

timewilltell
19-02-2018, 09:40 AM

Goodness... what language is this written in... ?

pacoluna
19-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Goodness... what language is this written in... ?

Leith

banchoryhibs
19-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Just arrived in Wigan, changing trains on the way to Salford, and I've been very un-reliably informed by a jackey on the platform that SJM is a huge northern soul fan and was spotted house hunting just off Wigan High Street....

I, for one, am happy to trust Leeann, George and Neil to do the absolute best for us between now and whatever date SJM departs to a bigger club and better wages.

Greenworld
19-02-2018, 09:47 AM
I must be in the minority who think that having 1 year left on your contract is fine and a good time to sell.
There are teams out there who do not want to wait 6 months or another year to get their player.
John mcginn is a different kind of midfielder to most we see offers so much and can only see his value increase not go down if hibs finish strongly as we all hope.
I still think Celtic will come in for him ..West ham are clearly interested and I would be astonished if one or two others from EPL were not sniffing around .
Lennon was not daft quoting 5 million he never plucked the figure out of the air personally I think it bang on the money but 4.5 m would seal the deal .

I'm Spartacus
19-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Opinions opinions 1m+ so £1.25m say for a young double trophy winner whom won these not playing for OF. A guy who is now an international. £5m is a very very good price £1.25m would be the laughable figure

As far as I know, the transfer fee relates to contract length and the package he's on. Go back to 'THAT' Craig Gordon transfer (and I pick that as it's been the most ridiculous for me in recent years), he only left them for £9M because he was on £15k p/w and had 3 years left on the contract, on his previous package he would have left for £1M.

For an international, 2 cups in 5 years, and the pin in the middle of a top 4 team, I'd hope we could scoop £2M ... gutted that 30% heads to St Mirren.

Anyway, no matter who offers what, he needs to want to go.

Michael
19-02-2018, 12:26 PM
As far as I know, the transfer fee relates to contract length and the package he's on. Go back to 'THAT' Craig Gordon transfer (and I pick that as it's been the most ridiculous for me in recent years), he only left them for £9M because he was on £15k p/w and had 3 years left on the contract, on his previous package he would have left for £1M.

For an international, 2 cups in 5 years, and the pin in the middle of a top 4 team, I'd hope we could scoop £2M ... gutted that 30% heads to St Mirren.

Anyway, no matter who offers what, he needs to want to go.

Contact length is a big influence, but it's only part of the equation. He's worth whatever someone is willing to pay and if there are multiple clubs involved in the bidding process then we'll get a very decent fee.

Lago
19-02-2018, 12:38 PM
Pure guess work on my part, but I think his ambition far exceeds going to Wigan.

Captain Trips
19-02-2018, 12:38 PM
He isn't worth what anyone will pay for him or we would have sold him to Notts Forest. The club have a value that needs matched at least. He is worth what Hibs think is right not buying club.

So Paul Hanlon is say wanted by a club and they offer 100k is that his worth?

Michael
19-02-2018, 12:45 PM
He isn't worth what anyone will pay for him or we would have sold him to Notts Forest. The club have a value that needs matched at least. He is worth what Hibs think is right not buying club.

If he's worth more to us than 100k then he's worth more than 100k. It's not very complicated.

One Day Soon
19-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Exactly, it’s pure guesswork from everyone including me. No one has a clue if he will go for millions but we can debate it. Well some can 😁

I do. I have the number written on a piece of paper in a locked drawer in my desk.

JimBHibees
19-02-2018, 01:10 PM
I do. I have the number written on a piece of paper in a locked drawer in my desk.

ala Alex Cameron of the Record was it, kept coming out with I have the name of the next Rangers manager locked in my office drawer. Dear oh dear appalling journalism isnt a new invention. :greengrin

Sauzee16
19-02-2018, 01:12 PM
I don't think he will go for millions with a year left and St Mirren due a cut. Scott Allan and a percentage will do fine although better going south maybe because he may do a Brown and stay at Celtic forever.

Hibbyradge
19-02-2018, 01:13 PM

I think he'd easily hold his own in any of the bottom 14 teams.

Sammy7nil
19-02-2018, 01:14 PM
I don't think he will go for millions with a year left and St Mirren due a cut. Scott Allan and a percentage will do fine although better going south maybe because he may do a Brown and stay at Celtic forever.

If he did go to Celtic he will stay there forever I have no doubt. Personally I hope he goes south.

I'm Spartacus
19-02-2018, 01:16 PM

If nobody else offers money for him, he doesn't sign a new contract and walks out the door for free ... then yes. But I get what you're saying.

The value of the offer may well be exceeded by the potential benefit of the player staying and helping secure a higher league placing.

Sauzee16
19-02-2018, 01:17 PM
If he did go to Celtic he will stay there forever I have no doubt. Personally I hope he goes south.
True :agree::agree:

One Day Soon
19-02-2018, 01:25 PM
ala Alex Cameron of the Record was it, kept coming out with I have the name of the next Rangers manager locked in my office drawer. Dear oh dear appalling journalism isnt a new invention. :greengrin

Correct. I 'm glad there's at least one other old munter able to recognise the reference. Although in my head it was the next Scotland team he had in his desk.

CropleyWasGod
19-02-2018, 01:27 PM
Correct. I 'm glad there's at least one other old munter able to recognise the reference. Although in my head it was the next Scotland team he had in his desk.

Nah. It was the name of the horse that kicked him....:greengrin

One Day Soon
19-02-2018, 01:33 PM
Nah. It was the name of the horse that kicked him....:greengrin

To be fair I think it gave him a good doing with its right ar5e cheek rather than kicked him.