PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STEVENSON DONATES SIGNIFICANT SUM TO CRY

RSS Bot
15-02-2018, 02:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8418)

Hi Heid Yin
15-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Bless this wonderful, selfless player we are privileged to have on our books.
Thank you Lewis Stevenson.

Tinribs
15-02-2018, 07:03 PM
Bless this wonderful, selfless player we are privileged to have on our books.
Thank you Lewis Stevenson.

Totally agree mate, I don't think a lot of players inherently deserve a role at a club post retirement, but when Lewis hangs his boots up we would do well to keep him around the place.

Top professional and even better bloke 👍

Northernhibee
15-02-2018, 07:14 PM
I'd love us to name something at the club after him. Part of the training ground, something to do with our youth development - something that each and every player in the future who pulls on the shirt in the future can gain inspiration from. If every player we sign in the future has the attitude and application of Lewis Stevenson we'll have both Champions League trophies and Nobel Prizes in the Easter Road trophy cabinet :greengrin

I'll be surprised - very pleasantly - if we see another player like Lewis Stevenson pull on the shirt again once his career winds up in a few years time.

Clerie Green
15-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Neil Lennon didn’t need to make Louie feel like a giant , when he asked him to play centre half .
He already is !

:top marks

WestStandMoaner
15-02-2018, 09:04 PM
I'd love us to name something at the club after him. Part of the training ground, something to do with our youth development - something that each and every player in the future who pulls on the shirt in the future can gain inspiration from. If every player we sign in the future has the attitude and application of Lewis Stevenson we'll have both Champions League trophies and Nobel Prizes in the Easter Road trophy cabinet :greengrin

I'll be surprised - very pleasantly - if we see another player like Lewis Stevenson pull on the shirt again once his career winds up in a few years time.

The man is just simply different class

Scott Allan Key
15-02-2018, 10:29 PM
There are a few who are being are already molded into the role of ambassador in recent years, but Stevenson has been with us early on through peaks, trough after trough after trough to the higher echelons again over more than a decade. He’s never given up- he’s one of our own.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-02-2018, 10:35 PM

Isn’t there already some holiday training sessions for kids he’s put his name to?

Viva_Palmeiras
15-02-2018, 10:40 PM
I thought I’d misread when I saw that Fowler bloke on Twitter - I’d read another article and read it as £4K.

£40k sum is staggering - phenomenal.

Lewis is the epitome personification of #persevered. Out of all the stories around that great day his stands up there.

FilipinoHibs
16-02-2018, 01:22 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8418)

What a person. Remember when he got pelters on here!

Viva_Palmeiras
16-02-2018, 02:26 AM
What a person. Remember when he got pelters on here!

Off-piste...

BSEJVT
16-02-2018, 03:58 AM
Absolutely wonderful gesture from a genuinely nice man.

Says everything there is to say about the guy.

We are very lucky to have people like Lewis at the club not just because of his ability but because of the class with which he conducts himself.

Makes me very proud (again) to be a Hibby

Bukta#8
16-02-2018, 06:23 AM
Wonderful gesture
An absolute club legend and the best club ambassador we have ever had