PDA

View Full Version : Lewis Stevenson

calumhibee1
15-02-2018, 08:13 AM
In the Evening News today that he has donated £40000 of his testimonial funds in David’s Paul’s memory. A class act and the biggest Hibernian legend in my lifetime.

TRC
15-02-2018, 08:29 AM
That's an amazing amount of money for someone who, while being paid well won't be earning an astronomical amount. Well done Lewis

AllyT
15-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Top man

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2018, 09:04 AM
Well done Lewis, what a guy. :top marks

Monts
15-02-2018, 09:05 AM
I love Lewis

kaimendhibs
15-02-2018, 09:22 AM
Absolutely outstanding. Well done Lewis, complete legend.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
15-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Top man. Could easily see him still being at the club in some capacity after another 10 years time.

Stevie Reid
15-02-2018, 09:37 AM
Just when you thought that you couldn't love him more... :not worth

rotherhamrob
15-02-2018, 09:39 AM
1st class on and off the pitch.

Nicho87
15-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Amazing

J-C
15-02-2018, 10:11 AM
Just read about it, a great gesture, well done Lewis, Hibs class through and through :thumbsup:

fat freddy
15-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Club Legend. Many players have written books about their time at the club, hopefully when Lewis has finished playing he will document his illustrious career. No player has served under as many managers as Lewis has at Hibs, he has seen it all, 2 cup winning sides, numerous Hampden appearances, relegation misery, promotion, Butcher, Hughes, Mowbray, Calderwood, Collins, Mixu, Stubbs, Lennon, Fenlon, Williamson, what a story the boy has to tell.

banarc7062
15-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Just read about it, a great gesture, well done Lewis, Hibs class through and through :thumbsup:

Yes, totally agree. Genuine Hibs class. GGTTH

Nameless
15-02-2018, 10:23 AM
It is poetic that a man who can be described as having both the heart of a lion, and a golden heart, has donated to such a worthy cause.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
15-02-2018, 10:31 AM
Great stuff from the wee man.

Northernhibee
15-02-2018, 10:32 AM
He's 30 now - enjoy the remainder of his career whilst he's still here. The sort of player he still is that might be another 4-5 seasons, it might be 2-3, but we'll never have another like him wearing the shirt for decades, that's for certain.

People will talk about him in decades time.

Since90+2
15-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Without knowing exactly what he earns I would imagine that is around 6 months salary for a player like Stevenson. An unbelievable gesture from a top man.

18Hibee75
15-02-2018, 10:44 AM
That's amazing! People might think it's easy for him because he's on a footballers wage, but that's still about a whole 3 months pay for him, class act.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-02-2018, 10:48 AM
Absolute star :agree:

Northernhibee
15-02-2018, 10:51 AM
I'd like the club to name something at the training centre after him once he retires from playing - something there to remind youngsters coming through the ranks what they can achieve at the club. I can't think of a player in football who's a better role model than him and every single player who signs for us or comes through the youth teams should know about his attitude, his love for the club and his achievements for years to come.

He's a leviathan of the club.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-02-2018, 10:52 AM
The word legend is overused these days.

Not in oor Lewis’ case. Superb gesture from an all round classy guy.

We’re lucky to have him.

ian cruise
15-02-2018, 10:54 AM
Club Legend. Many players have written books about their time at the club, hopefully when Lewis has finished playing he will document his illustrious career. No player has served under as many managers as Lewis has at Hibs, he has seen it all, 2 cup winning sides, numerous Hampden appearances, relegation misery, promotion, Butcher, Hughes, Mowbray, Calderwood, Collins, Mixu, Stubbs, Lennon, Fenlon, Williamson, what a story the boy has to tell.

Quite a remarkable career when you see it all written down. I hope that he does tell his story, as you say it would be quite the read.

Hopefully he continues with the club in some capacity once he decides to hang up his boots.

bawheid
15-02-2018, 11:01 AM
One of the Hibernian greats. Groves, Smith, Reilly, Baker, Stanton, O’Rourke, Sauzee, Stevenson.

danhibees1875
15-02-2018, 11:02 AM
That's amazing! People might think it's easy for him because he's on a footballers wage, but that's still about a whole 3 months pay for him, class act.

I'd imagine it's closer to 6 months. Incredible gesture from Lewis.

He'll have been on "decent" money for a while but probably took a sizeable cut to stay for the championship years and will be aware he's coming towards the end of his career with no guarantees of moving into coaching/management (although I think he'd make a great coach for us).

This is extremely generous of him, and I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid had he chosen to keep all testimonial proceeds for him and his family.

My_Wife_Camille
15-02-2018, 11:58 AM
The guy is a Hibernian legend. He is everything you want in a Hibs player. Passionate, committed, hard working, full of graft, grit and determination. Unfortunately for Lewis these characteristics often overshadow just how good a footballer he is too and people sometimes forget that. Most importantly though he’s a winner - a Scottish and League Cup winner at that.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he left professional football altogether when he retires from playing but there is no doubt in my mind that his contribution to the club should be marked forever trough the naming of something after him.

matty_f
15-02-2018, 12:14 PM
One of the Hibernian greats. Groves, Smith, Reilly, Baker, Stanton, O’Rourke, Sauzee, Stevenson.

This is where my thoughts are as well. A true Hibernian legend.

Borderhibbie76
15-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Just when you thought that you couldn't love him more... :not worthSums it up for me mate...man crush for wee Lewy just grows stronger

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hibee_girl
15-02-2018, 12:20 PM
He’s just amazing 😍💚

lyonhibs
15-02-2018, 12:24 PM
Only player ever to win both cups with us. All that needs said really.

A legend, no debate necessary. And absolutely sound off the pitch as well.

18Hibee75
15-02-2018, 12:46 PM
I'd imagine it's closer to 6 months. Incredible gesture from Lewis.

He'll have been on "decent" money for a while but probably took a sizeable cut to stay for the championship years and will be aware he's coming towards the end of his career with no guarantees of moving into coaching/management (although I think he'd make a great coach for us).

This is extremely generous of him, and I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid had he chosen to keep all testimonial proceeds for him and his family.Yeah, correct. Unbelievable gesture [emoji106]

Seveno
15-02-2018, 12:54 PM
That is one of the most generous acts that I have ever heard of in all my life. When you consider it against the money he earns and the uncertainty of finding a living once he retires, it is truly astonishing.

It says so so much about Lewis as a person never mind what he has given to our club.

The term legend is used too easily but no-one deserves it more than Lewis. :not worth

.Sean.
15-02-2018, 12:58 PM
Without a doubt up there with the Famous Five and Pat Stanton.

RossScott1991
15-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Love the man. Hibernian legend. Enjoy him while he is here, the lows he’s been through with us. He’s deserved all the success he’s got. Top man.

Biggie
15-02-2018, 01:40 PM
wow !...that's remarkable Lewis...top guy :top marks

jacomo
15-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Absolutely terrific from Lewis.

And this £40k donation is not all - he has also supported other good causes and will continue to do so.

A real club legend.

Deansy
15-02-2018, 02:34 PM
In today's game Lewis stands alone in possessing that rarest of all commodities - loyalty !. He's everything that's good in the game - he shows the fans that there's still players who genuinely care and love the club they play for, inspires our young-players by being the perfect example of what can be achieved if you're prepared to work hard - in short, one of our greatest-ever signings !

Bostonhibby
15-02-2018, 02:41 PM
Everything about this young man has made me proud to have him as Hibby from the very start.

it takes all sorts of characters and styles to make a team and he's certainly up there whenever I think of all time great Hibernians.

Centre Hawf
15-02-2018, 03:04 PM
We're extremely lucky to have had a man of such quality and class to have played for this club for as long as he has. Embodies everything you want in a role model both on the field and off it. I really do hope we name something, anything, after him when he leaves. Club Legend.

Doh Rae Me
15-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Fantastic gesture from Mr. Hibs.
Legend.

Mango Man
15-02-2018, 03:12 PM
Yeah, but he can't cross a ball.........only kidding, the guy is an actual legend, not got a bad word to say about him, If I was a pro, I would want to be just like him.

JimBHibees
15-02-2018, 03:13 PM
What a fantastic gesture that is. Huge respect to a special player and gentleman. :not worth

calumhibee1
15-02-2018, 03:23 PM
Yeah, but he can't cross a ball.........only kidding, the guy is an actual legend, not got a bad word to say about him, If I was a pro, I would want to be just like him.

I said exactly this earlier. If I had made it as a pro footballer I’d have wanted to be thought of by my teams fans in the exact same way as Lewis Stevenson is thought of by us. As much of a Hibernian legend as anyone.

penihibs
15-02-2018, 03:32 PM
Living legend, love the wee man!!

Baldy Foghorn
15-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Hope he gets extra cheers from the support on Saturday. Man is a true gent

Famous Fiver
15-02-2018, 07:07 PM
Top man, Lewis.

Hibs class.:not worth

judas
15-02-2018, 07:24 PM
In the Evening News today that he has donated £40000 of his testimonial funds in David’s Paul’s memory. A class act and the biggest Hibernian legend in my lifetime.

Ive seen some great players at Hibs, sauzee, latapy, Collins, Goram etc. But for me Lewis is far more legendary. He's been with us through everything. He always gives us 100%. And he has two major medals.

Im in my mid 40s and i make Lewis my top hibs legend of my lifetime.

bigwheel
15-02-2018, 07:59 PM
Ive seen some great players at Hibs, sauzee, latapy, Collins, Goram etc. But for me Lewis is far more legendary. He's been with us through everything. He always gives us 100%. And he has two major medals.

Im in my mid 40s and i make Lewis my top hibs legend of my lifetime.

I agree with this - not the best player I’ve seen , and he would admit that himself- but for his generation he is my favourite Hibs player of this time - great pro and great man. Proud that he is a Hibee. [emoji120][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

SideBurns
15-02-2018, 08:14 PM
In an era of overpaid prima donnas idolised by youngsters who see them on the telly, which sensible Hibby parent wouldn't say to their boy: "Be like Lewis"?

15-02-2018, 08:19 PM
There is a lot of things written about football players, especially about unsavioury behaviour off the field.
This however is proof that they are some diamonds in the game.

Undoubtedly a model professional on and off the pitch.

Well done to Lewis, his testimonial committee and all the Hibs Supporters who attended the Testimonial Match and Dinner. :flag:

Sir David Gray
15-02-2018, 08:37 PM
I have never had the pleasure of personally being in his company but from what I've read about him, Lewis Stevenson is not only a credit to the club but he's also a credit to his family.

He absolutely deserves all the good things that happen to him in his life and we will be a much poorer club without Lewis Stevenson representing us, whenever that actually happens.

Such a wonderfully selfless individual, who is always thinking about those less fortunate than himself.

The world could do with a few more Lewis Stevensons, that's for sure.

The Harp
15-02-2018, 08:45 PM
Lewis might only be 5 foot 8, but he's a giant of a man. If young players at Hibs are looking for a role model, they need look no further than Lewis.
To donate such a sum to charity when his playing days are drawing to a close is a remarkable gesture. It's guys like Lewis who counter-balance all that's wrong in the game in recent times.
So proud to have you as a Hibs icon Lewis

Eyrie
15-02-2018, 08:48 PM
We talk about Hibs class, but Lewis class is a step above even that.

Craig_HFC
15-02-2018, 08:49 PM
He is the perfect human.

Retiring his shirt number when he retires would be a nice touch, as would him becoming a youth coach at the club as he is the perfect role model for any young player.

McD
15-02-2018, 08:53 PM
The epitome of the word ‘professional’, a humble, talented, young man who has had a long line of critics over his years (unfairly imo), but has never once given any sign of complaint or criticism of his club or its fans, has never given us as fans or the club any reason to feel let down by him (unlike some of his higher profile colleagues), and has been a credit to the club, his family, and himself. Watching him at the end of his testimonial, how touched and humbled he looked, said it all about him.

lewis is a gem, and I sincerely hope he will finish out his playing career with Hibs, before moving into a long coaching career with us. Above all of that though, I hope he does what makes him happy.

Well done Lewis, a touch of class in a long line of them, from a classy guy who I am happy has represented our club with dignity and humility.

FranckSuzy
15-02-2018, 11:27 PM
A wonderful man and player plus a true Hibs legend. Well done, Lewis. You are a credit to our Club and your family :not worth

neil7908
15-02-2018, 11:32 PM
Hope Lewis can find a role with the club when the retires

calumhibee1
16-02-2018, 07:45 AM
He is the perfect human.

Retiring his shirt number when he retires would be a nice touch, as would him becoming a youth coach at the club as he is the perfect role model for any young player.

I would love to see us retire his number.

Northernhibee
18-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Remember the "written in the stars" stuff in 2012?

Lewis's number has long been number sixteen - sixteen being the year we won the cup and him becoming the only man to every win both the league cup and Scottish cup in the green and white.

Destiny.

Having said that, can he now change his number to "18" just in case there's something in it...

Mibbes Aye
18-02-2018, 02:57 PM
Lots of highlights from yesterday’s game but there was a Lewis moment in the first half that I liked.

He took the ball in the centre-half position (he’s obviously lining up a wee positional shift for himself, the Kirkcaldy Cannavaro) and sold a Dons player a massive dummy then moved the ball forward. Seconds later the ball’s in the attacking third and Lewis is in position as an attacking left-back, showing for the ball and offering width deep in their half.

:not worth

J-C
18-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Lots of highlights from yesterday’s game but there was a Lewis moment in the first half that I liked.

He took the ball in the centre-half position (he’s obviously lining up a wee positional shift for himself, the Kirkcaldy Cannavaro) and sold a Dons player a massive dummy then moved the ball forward. Seconds later the ball’s in the attacking third and Lewis is in position as an attacking left-back, showing for the ball and offering width deep in their half.

:not worth

He was everywhere in the 1st half, as he had no one to take care of with GMS on the left and when GMS changed at half time Lewis showed the superb defensive qualities that nullified GMS and got him subbed. :greengrin

18-02-2018, 03:07 PM
This isn't a multi-millionaire footballer we're talking about here where £40k really isn't that much money to him. He will have earned a decent enough living through his career at hibs but £40k will still be a significant amount of money to him. An incrediably generous donation from an utterly top class individual!

A true gentleman and someone we should be incrediably proud to have representing us :thumbsup:

18-02-2018, 03:11 PM
Hope Lewis can find a role with the club when the retires

This is an absolute must. A model professional and fantastic role model to young players coming into the game.

Lewis is a player I wish we had had more of over the years especially pre-relegation. We had so many lazy, arrogant players who thought they were bigger and better than what they were. Not Lewis though, a very honest player who never stops trying to better himself and will always give you 100%.

Seveno
19-02-2018, 01:15 PM
I thought that, hidden away in our great performance against Aberdeen, Lewis was outstanding.

w pilton hibby
19-02-2018, 02:19 PM
I thought that, hidden away in our great performance against Aberdeen, Lewis was outstanding.

Lewis made Chris Sutton's SPL team of the week alongside Daz, SJM and Dillian MacGoosh.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/not-one-celtic-player-makes-12050805

matty_f
19-02-2018, 02:20 PM

He was magnificent. The second goal came about because he burst a gut to keep the ball in play after Aberdeen cleared the corner.

He could easily have left it for a Hibs throw, but he sprinted, kept it in, and chucked the ball back into the box and we eventually got the goal.

calumhibee1
19-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Lewis made Chris Sutton's SPL team of the week alongside Daz, SJM and Dillian MacGoosh.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/not-one-celtic-player-makes-12050805

No Scott Allan? Crazy.

Moody Blues
19-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Superb Roll Model and a Great Ambassador for Hibernian FC. Apart from maybe Celtic most clubs would love to have Lewis Stevenson on there books.