PDA

View Full Version : Josh Taylor Hibby

Frazerbob
14-02-2018, 09:30 PM
In the gym with George Groves in his Hibs top!

Callyballybe
14-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Good photo - Always liked that strip as well. 👍

Good luck to Groves on saturday, unfortunately I think he'll need it.

MagicSwirlingShip
14-02-2018, 11:08 PM
Future world champ right there.

Groves will school Eubank on Saturday.

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2018, 03:56 AM

Interesting view. I think St George will be demolished.

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2018, 03:56 AM

But I agree about JT.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-02-2018, 04:06 AM

Most of my mates think the same as yourself Bob.

George is just too big, too accurate and too clever for Jnr in my opinion.

Eubank hasn’t fought anyone the calibre of George, or anyone the calibre that George has for that matter.

MagicSwirlingShip
15-02-2018, 04:08 AM
But I agree about JT.

Aye. Loving his work. Soto next then hopefully an all British clash with Flanagan or Caterall before a big move Stateside.

The_Horde
15-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Is Taylor's fight on tv?

MagicSwirlingShip
15-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Is Taylor's fight on tv?

Channel 5 I think!

Since90+2
15-02-2018, 08:38 AM
Met Taylor in The Mash Tun before a game a few months back , he was in a having a few jars and was sound. Absolutely going to be a world champion in the next 18 months and a fight at Easter Road or the Castle would be brilliant.

Groves v Eubank is a difficult fight to call. My gut instict is telling me Eubank may stop Groves late as GG has always had stamina problems and Eubank is a workhorse but its a very interesting fight.

ChrissyG1875
15-02-2018, 11:16 AM
I know it'll never happen but would it be logistically possible to have a fight at ER? Would it have the same bad effect on the pitch as the Elton John gig? He's reached the stage where he could definitely sell out ER and I think it would be a terrific venue for a fight

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Since90+2
15-02-2018, 11:28 AM
Dont see any reason why a fight couldn't happen at ER. If you had it shortly after the season finished would give time for the pitch to be repaired.

Lots of football grounds have hosted boxing fights (there is one taking place at Elland Road on 19th May for instance) so cant see why ER would be any different

Oscar T Grouch
15-02-2018, 11:34 AM
GG has been underestimated throughout his career. I think Eubank jr will be in for a tough ride and a win for him is not guaranteed. I hope it’s a great fight. Some formidable talent on the British boxing scene at the moment and id put Josh Taylor on top of that tree. World champ by the end of the year. 🥊

nellio
15-02-2018, 01:35 PM
I fancy Groves. More experienced and a bigger fighter. Eubank has only really faced BJS who is at the top of his game (Abraham too old etc) and he lost that one and that the only real test he's had.

Since90+2
15-02-2018, 01:39 PM
BJS V Eubank was a fight that could have gone either way (I actually had Eubank winning it by a round) and he has improved massively since then (so has Saunders).

I think the fight comes at the right time for Eubank as he looks to be in his prime years whereas Groves , although still a very good fighter , is not at the same level he was 3 or 4 years ago IMO when he fought Froch.

Dashing Bob S
15-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Most of my mates think the same as yourself Bob.

George is just too big, too accurate and too clever for Jnr in my opinion.

Eubank hasn’t fought anyone the calibre of George, or anyone the calibre that George has for that matter.

Groves very underestimated fighter but as other posters have said, lacks stamina in later rounds and is past his best. He’ll need all his skills to keep Eubank Jr from getting to him, and I can’t see him keeping him off/tying him up for the entire fight.

son of haggart
15-02-2018, 02:04 PM
I think Groves May well win quite quickly. Like his father Eubank has tried to take the short way to the top. He has more ringcraft but I think Groves will pick him off fairly easy in the early rounds. If it goes longer then Eubank may get to him.

It’s a top class fight, though and British Boxing has never been in better shape.

Taylor looks great but again could maybe do with a few more learning fights before he takes on the very top.

Hibby70
15-02-2018, 02:15 PM
£17 for Groves/Eubank jr!! jeezo

Anti-hoofbaw
15-02-2018, 02:48 PM

No way will Eubank demolish Groves. Should be a close fight that I give Groves the edge in as he's bigger hits harder and is technically the better boxer. I can see Groves putting a rushing in Eubank on his arse with a heavy counter. Groves has been in with better than Eubank while Eubank hasn't been in the ring with a fighter as good or as big as Groves. Arthur Abraham was way past his prime when Eubank fought and beat him. Eubank is tough and has a great engine but he's going to have to put on some performance to beat Groves.

Frazerbob
16-02-2018, 06:40 AM
I see Marathon Bet have sent him a new strip,Tweeting that he can’t be training in an old strip like the one he was wearing. Barrie!

Scouse Hibee
16-02-2018, 06:46 AM
Eubank will beat Groves inside the distance, absolutely no doubt about it in my mind.

Pretty Boy
16-02-2018, 07:39 AM
I've followed Groves since his 1st fight so I know who I want to win this weekend. It's a close call, my gut is if it goes the distance then Eubank will just win it. He'll keep coming forward and if Groves sits on the back foot it's easy for rounds to slip away. Groves punching power will be a test for Eubank, he hits very hard and his double jab is up there as the best in the business.

People have always underestimated Groves. I was laughed at when I said he was no gimme for Froch but no one was laughing after about 60 seconds; had that fight not been a world title fight with a pro Froch crowd it would have been stopped there and then. Froch couldn't stand without holding the ropes and the ref was desperately buying him time, the eventual stoppage was a farce. Groves showed amazing mental strength to come back from that, come back from a brutal KO when he was getting on top in the 2nd fight and comeback from a questionable points loss to Badou Jack. Groves has been in with guys like Glen Johnson, Paul Smith, Martin Murray, James Degale and the previously mentioned Froch and Jack. With the exception of Billy Joe Saunders and a shot Arthur Abraham I don't see anything like that depth or experience on Eubanks record. They have both had the same number of fights (and KOs) and there's only a year in age between them so it's not as if we are talking about a huge gap between them in terms of potential experience; Groves has just taken (or been given) better and tougher fights. Eubank is in his toughest fight thus far this weekend, I'm not sure the same is true of Groves.

If Groves gets a few clean shots of I'll take him by TKO, if Eubanks is allowed to get into a rhythym I'd take hin by a tight decision, if it gets scrappy I'll say the same for Groves.

IWasThere2016
16-02-2018, 12:20 PM
I've followed Groves since his 1st fight so I know who I want to win this weekend. It's a close call, my gut is if it goes the distance then Eubank will just win it. He'll keep coming forward and if Groves sits on the back foot it's easy for rounds to slip away. Groves punching power will be a test for Eubank, he hits very hard and his double jab is up there as the best in the business.

People have always underestimated Groves. I was laughed at when I said he was no gimme for Froch but no one was laughing after about 60 seconds; had that fight not been a world title fight with a pro Froch crowd it would have been stopped there and then. Froch couldn't stand without holding the ropes and the ref was desperately buying him time, the eventual stoppage was a farce. Groves showed amazing mental strength to come back from that, come back from a brutal KO when he was getting on top in the 2nd fight and comeback from a questionable points loss to Badou Jack. Groves has been in with guys like Glen Johnson, Paul Smith, Martin Murray, James Degale and the previously mentioned Froch and Jack. With the exception of Billy Joe Saunders and a shot Arthur Abraham I don't see anything like that depth or experience on Eubanks record. They have both had the same number of fights (and KOs) and there's only a year in age between them so it's not as if we are talking about a huge gap between them in terms of potential experience; Groves has just taken (or been given) better and tougher fights. Eubank is in his toughest fight thus far this weekend, I'm not sure the same is true of Groves.

If Groves gets a few clean shots of I'll take him by TKO, if Eubanks is allowed to get into a rhythym I'd take hin by a tight decision, if it gets scrappy I'll say the same for Groves.

Going to be a good fight .. too close to call (disclaimer: unless someone lands the perfect KO slug!)

The_Exile
16-02-2018, 12:34 PM
If I had to stick my neck out and get off the fence I'd say Groves within 6. Eubank does have an incredible work ethic in the ring but not sure he has the power to trouble Groves. I think we'll find out on Saturday night if Eubank has a chin or not.

Anti-hoofbaw
17-02-2018, 10:59 PM
Eubank will beat Groves inside the distance, absolutely no doubt about it in my mind.

Why 😂 Groves is the more experienced and much better boxing technician. The fundamentals were ingrained in George due to his extensive amatuer career. Christopher Jr is a novice in comparison and was schooled by the much better boxer tonight. It was a very predicatable outcome imo.

Nameless
17-02-2018, 11:10 PM
£17 for Groves/Eubank jr!! jeezoWorth every penny.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Thecat23
17-02-2018, 11:16 PM
Worth every penny.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Boxing quality was poor, it was scrappy and Groves really didn’t need to come out second gear. Thankfully watched a stream was perfect, never pay for that fight.

Hi Heid Yin
17-02-2018, 11:28 PM
I'd still fancy big Marvin Bartley ahead of any of them

Anti-hoofbaw
17-02-2018, 11:31 PM
I'd still fancy big Marvin Bartley ahead of any of them

Marv would finger the ****in lot of them.

Hi Heid Yin
17-02-2018, 11:35 PM
Marv would finger the ****in lot of them.

:tee hee::tee hee:

SChibs
18-02-2018, 01:04 AM

No doubt?

Dashing Bob S
18-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Well done to all the chaps who called the Groves-Eubank fight correctly. It went down exactly as we predicted.

Anti-hoofbaw
18-02-2018, 03:43 PM
Well done to all the chaps who called the Groves-Eubank fight correctly. It went down exactly as we predicted.

I'll write a song about this one day.

Famous Fiver
18-02-2018, 06:15 PM
Putting a fight on at Easter Road?

There was a rammy every week in the sixties/seventies whenever the bigot brothers came calling.

Our cardigan wearing, Rover driving neighbours could never get their leather gloves off quick enough to throw a punch.