PDA

View Full Version : Yogi wants the Scotland job..

ekhibee
14-02-2018, 06:51 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43061741

Thoughts?

keep the faith
14-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Why not? I reckon he would do a fine job.

He couldn't resist the gold dust line though eh? 😂

Mr White
14-02-2018, 06:55 PM
He just wants another chance to chuck wine at Petrie.

"Just get me in the same room as Rod, that's all I'm asking..."

givescotlandfreedom
14-02-2018, 06:56 PM
He was extremely tactically naive against Maribor when we were in Europe. He'll need to habe matured a lot to combat foreign coaches with different systems to what he's used to.

SaulGoodman
14-02-2018, 07:17 PM
What's he going to do, Stokes isn't Scottish

Ryan69
14-02-2018, 07:33 PM
What's he going to do, Stokes isn't Scottish

If it was a toss up between Malky Mackay or Yogi...I would go Yogi.

But in no world should either of these 2 even be in consideration tobe a Scotland manager.

If these are 2 serious contenders....You wonder why Scotland are so ****!

WoreTheGreen
14-02-2018, 07:34 PM
Yogi wants any job

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 07:35 PM
No he’s not got enough.

Lago
14-02-2018, 07:36 PM

Thoughts?
Oh dear

Just Jimmy
14-02-2018, 07:39 PM
I'd give him a crack. At least he actually wants it and he'd be proud to have it.

God knows we're a mess right now and maybe Hughes blood and thunder and no quarter given is what we need.

They'll give it to someone else anyway so we'll never know.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
14-02-2018, 07:49 PM
We should never have let Strachan go, however if it is a choice between Eck and Yogi the bear wins :greengrin

Swedish hibee
14-02-2018, 07:51 PM
If he can win a cup with Inverness, and put with an assistant with more experience, then why not?
Gordon Strachan proved that international experience means sod all with Scotland!

madabouthibs
14-02-2018, 07:52 PM
He'd be different, which in Scotland manager terms is definitely a good thing. Let's face it, what's the prehistoric options?

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Can we not scout the world of football coaches. Why does it have to be someone Scottish?

IGRIGI
14-02-2018, 07:55 PM
That article has it all, I was almost on my feet giving it a HELL YEAH when he referred to himself in third person as a finale.

"The CV speaks for itself". I'll be using that in my next interview.

Heisenberg
14-02-2018, 07:56 PM
Yogi is a great laugh. Absolutely deluded if he think’s he deserves a shot at the Scotland job.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2018, 08:00 PM
He's had 6 jobs in football. In 3 of those (Hibs, Hartlepool and Raith) he has lost more games than he has won.

He seems a decent enough guy and he's certainly enthusiastic but I can't think of any reason I'd want him as Hibs or Scotland manager.

bingo70
14-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Quite fancy the Job myself.

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 08:06 PM
He's had 6 jobs in football. In 3 of those (Hibs, Hartlepool and Raith) he has lost more games than he has won.

He seems a decent enough guy and he's certainly enthusiastic but I can't think of any reason I'd want him as Hibs or Scotland manager.

Absolutely no where near good enough. It’s only him I see touting himself for it I think. As you say decent enough guy but he’s struggling to get any job let alone the Scotland job!

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Quite fancy the Job myself.

I’d take you before Yogi!

WoreTheGreen
14-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Just reminding trigger happy chairman i’am available

14-02-2018, 08:09 PM
Heard Jogi's interview. :rolleyes:

Sorry mate if that's his effort at trying to get an interview think he shouldn't wait in for the phone to ring.
He might have shown some passion but the CV doesn't stack up - would do someone a job in the Scot Champ/Lower Prem but I fear Scotland job would be a step too far.

Steve Clarke or Alex McLeish for me.

bingo70
14-02-2018, 08:13 PM
I’d take you before Yogi!

I know it’s Valentine’s Day but let’s keep it clean eh.......

I agree with you about going for someone a bit left field from somewhere outwith Scotland.

I think the problem now though is the lack of chief executive. We need a new person in charge of the game and we need that person to set out a vision, style and future for our game, we then need a manager to fit in with that vision. That takes time though so in the interim period I think we need a stop gap to steady the ship for a bit. Walter smith would have been perfect imo but it appears that ship has sailed.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-02-2018, 08:28 PM

Sorry mate if that's his effort at trying to get an interview think he shouldn't wait in for the phone to ring.
He might have shown some passion but the CV doesn't stack up - would do someone a job in the Scot Champ/Lower Prem but I fear Scotland job would be a step too far.

I think that McLeish is a stick on. Wouldn't surprise me to see Clarke end up at The Rangers.

Tyler Durden
14-02-2018, 08:37 PM
If it was a toss up between Malky Mackay or Yogi...I would go Yogi.

But in no world should either of these 2 even be in consideration tobe a Scotland manager.

If these are 2 serious contenders....You wonder why Scotland are so ****!

Putting aside the fact that Malky Mackay is a misogynistic bigot he has actually had some managerial success and managed in the EPL.

Yogi has managed a team in the top half of the Scottish top league for what, a few years cumulatively? It’s a bit like Sam Allardyce, he’s utterly deluded on his CV

Sammy7nil
14-02-2018, 08:42 PM
Putting aside the fact that Malky Mackay is a misogynistic bigot he has actually had some managerial success and managed in the EPL.

Yogi has managed a team in the top half of the Scottish top league for what, a few years cumulatively? It’s a bit like Sam Allardyce, he’s utterly deluded on his CV

He won the cup with ICT, hardly deluded 100's of managers have tried and failed with much bigger clubs. He deserves some credit.

weecounty hibby
14-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Och please just no! McLiesh - backward step, Smith would have been too. McKay is a prick but might be ok. O'Neil may or may not have been ok, not sure. lambert, Clarke, etc who knows?But why oh why on a planet of about 6.5 billion people are we limiting ourselves to Scots or someone who lives in Scotland?

Tyler Durden
14-02-2018, 08:48 PM
He won the cup with ICT, hardly deluded 100's of managers have tried and failed with much bigger clubs. He deserves some credit.

Doesn’t qualify him for the Scotland job though does it? He’s spent most of his managerial career kicking about small teams and hasn’t been all that successful with them.

He’s out of a job currently is he? Doing his best to drum up some publicity, which seems to have worked to be fair.

Sammy7nil
14-02-2018, 08:51 PM
Doesn’t qualify him for the Scotland job though does it? He’s spent most of his managerial career kicking about small teams and hasn’t been all that successful with them.

He’s out of a job currently is he? Doing his best to drum up some publicity, which seems to have worked to be fair.

I don't want him either but give him a bit of credit, he also did well with Falkirk.

vuefrom1875
14-02-2018, 09:52 PM

Yogi for me wi Dick Campbell as his assistant... Dream team 😀😀😀

neil7908
14-02-2018, 10:17 PM
I have a lot of time for Yogi but he just got the sack by Raith and couldn't get a job with Dundee United. Why would Scotland even consider him?

Swedish hibee
14-02-2018, 10:34 PM

So what does qualify you for the Scotland job then?
Gordon Strachan had many Scottish caps- that didn't work. Successful club managers have managed you- and that hasn't worked either as you've not been in the world cup or euros in years.

Hibrandenburg
14-02-2018, 10:36 PM

Thoughts?

Eh no, just no.

Is It On....
14-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Yogi wants any job

But like big Eck..

Is It On....
14-02-2018, 10:45 PM
Gordon Strachan had many Scottish caps- that didn't work. Successful club managers have managed you- and that hasn't worked either as you've not been in the world cup or euros in years.

Alan Stubbs?

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 10:50 PM
I know it’s Valentine’s Day but let’s keep it clean eh.......

I agree with you about going for someone a bit left field from somewhere outwith Scotland.

I think the problem now though is the lack of chief executive. We need a new person in charge of the game and we need that person to set out a vision, style and future for our game, we then need a manager to fit in with that vision. That takes time though so in the interim period I think we need a stop gap to steady the ship for a bit. Walter smith would have been perfect imo but it appears that ship has sailed.

Haha you wish 😁

Walter Smith I think would be a disaster, he’s the type I feel we need away from. Completely agree we need a chief executive asap though. As bad as it looks at least they are starting to fall, we need a total revamp at the SFA.

eastmainsmsh
14-02-2018, 11:05 PM
if jack ross leaves st mirren yogi might get gig there

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 11:12 PM
if jack ross leaves st mirren yogi might get gig there

I’d be surprised.

silverhibee
14-02-2018, 11:15 PM
Does it matter who we appoint, it will just be the same old same old over again, can't see us qualifying for any tournament for a very long time.

jacomo
14-02-2018, 11:30 PM

Thoughts?

Go on Yogi.

No one outside Scotland will understand him. But maybe that will be our secret weapon.

jacomo
14-02-2018, 11:31 PM
Does it matter who we appoint, it will just be the same old same old over again, can't see us qualifying for any tournament for a very long time.

Yogi might just be the left field appointment we need!

HibsNutter
14-02-2018, 11:36 PM
There is no way that someone who got sacked after being relegated to League 1 in his last job should even be considered.

lucky
15-02-2018, 06:53 AM
Really enthusiastic guy but should be nowhere near the Scotland job as he’s a serial loser as a manager

Ryan69
15-02-2018, 06:59 AM

It seemed tobe starting to work.

We were very unlucky not to get a playoff place.

Onion
15-02-2018, 07:02 AM
SFA could go a long way to cementing Scotland's position in world football by appointing Yogi Hughes as manager. Could then switch the lights out.

pacoluna
15-02-2018, 07:29 AM
Outwith his blip with raith, yogi's job with ICT and Falkirk were every bit as impressive,if not better than the job Clarke is doing with Killie. yogi is being judged on one team - raith Steve Clarke is being judged on one team - killie, he's been sacked from everywhere else.

SirDavidsNapper
15-02-2018, 07:56 AM
He has a better track record than Levein and he got the gig so why not?

jacomo
15-02-2018, 08:37 AM
He has a better track record than Levein and he got the gig so why not?

:agree:

Heisenberg
15-02-2018, 08:46 AM
I don’t think Yogi believes he’s got any chance of getting the Scotland job. This publicity is keeping his name out there and might pick him up another gig somewhere more realistic.

I’m baffled that some folk actually seem to be backing him for it.

GreenCastle
15-02-2018, 08:47 AM
Would be a terrible appointment.

As I’ve said before doesn’t matter who the manager is the SFA structure needs sorted first.

We will keep failing if same mistakes are repeated.

Bill Milne
15-02-2018, 08:49 AM
Foreign press would have a field day photographing the Scotland manager running bollock naked round their national stadiums!!

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2018, 09:01 AM
Absolutely no where near good enough. It’s only him I see touting himself for it I think. As you say decent enough guy but he’s struggling to get any job let alone the Scotland job!

Terry Butcher would do, wouldn't he? FFS you are criticising yogi's track record, but you couldn't wait to get that biggest waste of space through the door at easter road.

A man sacked from all corners of the globe, someone who was sacked in virtually every job he had, but won **** all, never qualified for Europe and as much of a dinosaur as any you keep referring to in other threads.

It's quite easy to say he's not good enough, although its a little more difficult to come up with a credible name of someone who would actually want it?

heretoday
15-02-2018, 09:28 AM
Why not Yogi? He could bully our guys to World Cup glory!

Ozyhibby
15-02-2018, 09:33 AM
Yogi got us 4th in the league. If we get that this season it will be the first time since. It’s been a long climb back.
Yogi is a good manager. Whether he should be Scotland manager is another question but given some of the names getting mentioned then I don’t see why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacomo
15-02-2018, 09:50 AM
Why not Yogi? He could bully our guys to World Cup glory!

We’d give it a right good go.

Thecat23
15-02-2018, 11:07 AM
Terry Butcher would do, wouldn't he? FFS you are criticising yogi's track record, but you couldn't wait to get that biggest waste of space through the door at easter road.

A man sacked from all corners of the globe, someone who was sacked in virtually every job he had, but won **** all, never qualified for Europe and as much of a dinosaur as any you keep referring to in other threads.

It's quite easy to say he's not good enough, although its a little more difficult to come up with a credible name of someone who would actually want it?

What the **** is wrong with you? Most wanted TB in at the time hindsight’s is a wonderful thing isn’t it. I said nothing at all that others on here haven’t said yet you again jump on my post. Put me on ignore you ****ing muppet!

As for someone for the job, I’d like to think we could look all over the world for a new coach. The obsession you have with Yogi is unreal, for me he’s no where near good enough for Scotland, sorry if that sends you into a frenzy!

snedzuk
15-02-2018, 11:08 AM

Tobe Hooper? - that would be a great shout -Scotland lining up in leather masks etc. could be exactly what we need - shame he died last year...

heretoday
15-02-2018, 11:40 AM
Tobe Hooper? - that would be a great shout -Scotland lining up in leather masks etc. could be exactly what we need - shame he died last year...

Pittodrie Chainsaw Massacre.

Pretty Boy
15-02-2018, 11:49 AM
We’d give it a right good go.

He'd see what they boys dae in training every day.

Swedish hibee
15-02-2018, 03:22 PM

Unlucky??? Unlucky was Italy, Wales etc. Scotland quite simply were nowhere near making it through. You had to defend for your life for 5 mins against England, and you couldn't do that either.

cabbageandribs1875
15-02-2018, 03:40 PM

very unlucky :agree: strachan should have been kept on, imo

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2018, 03:48 PM
What the **** is wrong with you? Most wanted TB in at the time hindsight’s is a wonderful thing isn’t it. I said nothing at all that others on here haven’t said yet you again jump on my post. Put me on ignore you ****ing muppet!

As for someone for the job, I’d like to think we could look all over the world for a new coach. The obsession you have with Yogi is unreal, for me he’s no where near good enough for Scotland, sorry if that sends you into a frenzy!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, except if you check mine and to be fair a few others, you will find we were saying exactly what should have been said.

Look at his history, sacked from everywhere bar Inverness, where it took an idiot like Hughes to win them the Scottish cup.

I'm glad you don't want him, if he gets the job he's more chance of success with your predictions on managers.

As for ignoring you, dont flatter yourself, if you don't want to be questioned on your posts, don't post on a football message board.

SRHibs
15-02-2018, 03:50 PM
John Hughes is the master of rhetoric.

IGRIGI
15-02-2018, 03:54 PM
Total and utter pish on being unlucky to miss out on a play-off under Strachan.

Shat it against Ireland away in the first campaign, played for a draw and we got what we deserved.

2nd campaign? Nothing unlucky about sneaking a draw at home to Lithuania.

Thecat23
15-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, except if you check mine and to be fair a few others, you will find we were saying exactly what should have been said.

Look at his history, sacked from everywhere bar Inverness, where it took an idiot like Hughes to win them the Scottish cup.

I'm glad you don't want him, if he gets the job he's more chance of success with your predictions on managers.

As for ignoring you, dont flatter yourself, if you don't want to be questioned on your posts, don't post on a football message board.

Who’s called him an idiot?? Again why you jump on my post? Well done to you and anyone else who questioned Butcher, maybe give yourself a slap on the back. Everyone who thought he’d do alright were wrong, maybe we shouldn’t talk about another manager ever again.

Your post was bang out of order simple as that G. As for Yogi, he’s not good enough for Scotland and again as far as I can see it’s only him touting himself for it.

jacomo
15-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Total and utter pish on being unlucky to miss out on a play-off under Strachan.

Shat it against Ireland away in the first campaign, played for a draw and we got what we deserved.

2nd campaign? Nothing unlucky about sneaking a draw at home to Lithuania.

I’d have given him benefit of the doubt for the last campaign, but it’s a cumulative thing with Strachan.

Never brave enough, either in picking players or tactics.

blackpoolhibs
15-02-2018, 04:34 PM
Who’s called him an idiot?? Again why you jump on my post? Well done to you and anyone else who questioned Butcher, maybe give yourself a slap on the back. Everyone who thought he’d do alright were wrong, maybe we shouldn’t talk about another manager ever again.

Your post was bang out of order simple as that G. As for Yogi, he’s not good enough for Scotland and again as far as I can see it’s only him touting himself for it.

I called him an idiot, cant you read?

Why would i want a slap on the back for questioning his record as a manager, any idiot could see what he'd done, its all on record?

You wanted him appointed because you thought he'd kick some ass, well forgive me if i think there's more to this management game than booting someone in the jaxi.

I have never said a word on Hughes as Scotland manager, but he has a much better record as a manager than some give him credit for.

My post is questioning your reasoning, you call it out of order, i call it pointing out your reasoning on why you wanted Butcher, it was bordering on the ridiculous.

Forgive me if i dont take what you say about Hughes seriously.

Thecat23
15-02-2018, 04:43 PM
I called him an idiot, cant you read?

Why would i want a slap on the back for questioning his record as a manager, any idiot could see what he'd done, its all on record?

You wanted him appointed because you thought he'd kick some ass, well forgive me if i think there's more to this management game than booting someone in the jaxi.

I have never said a word on Hughes as Scotland manager, but he has a much better record as a manager than some give him credit for.

My post is questioning your reasoning, you call it out of order, i call it pointing out your reasoning on why you wanted Butcher, it was bordering on the ridiculous.

Forgive me if i dont take what you say about Hughes seriously.

No worries. You stick in now!

Paisley Hibby
15-02-2018, 05:44 PM
Love Yogi. Great sense of humour. Scotland job 😂

Diclonius
15-02-2018, 05:58 PM
I guess Scotland can't get relegated, so it could work.

Ah, wait. Nations League. Never mind.

heretoday
15-02-2018, 07:15 PM
Bad luck Yogi. Wait around though because McLeish won't be there long.