PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity West Ham fans and Hibs

Perd Hapley
14-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Starting to notice a pattern here.

James Corden, Russell Brand, Lennox Lewis and Andy Murray; all publically professed West Ham fans, all having publically praised Hibs.

Obviously the latter is slightly different, Andy being a boyhood fan, but it's all undeniably a bit weird. It's not like West Ham have that many celebrity fans, is it?

SirDavidsNapper
14-02-2018, 06:49 PM

James Corden, Russell Brand, Lennox Lewis and Andy Murray; all publically professed West Ham fans, all having publically praised Hibs.

Obviously the latter is slightly different, Andy being a boyhood fan, but it's all undeniably a bit weird. It's not like West Ham have that many celebrity fans, is it?

Sure Irvine Welsh follows both too

HibbyAndy
Pretty sure Arsenal is Murray's English team

Bishop Hibee
I think Andy Murray supports Arsenal.

JimBHibees
14-02-2018, 06:51 PM

Pretty sure that is right

Perd Hapley
14-02-2018, 06:54 PM

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/10/truth-behind-that-picture-of-andy-murray-in-west-ham-shirt-every/ (http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/07/10/truth-behind-that-picture-of-andy-murray-in-west-ham-shirt-every/)

I stand corrected

beensaidbefore
14-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Did someone on here not mention Ray Winston was a hammer and a hibby?

cam75
14-02-2018, 07:24 PM
Did someone on here not mention Ray Winston was a hammer and a hibby?

https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,904382,00.html

Some way down the page

Ggtth

DH1875
14-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Always thought Wolves were Andy's English team :confused:

Viva_Palmeiras
14-02-2018, 07:47 PM
Have to say out the teams in London I watched (albeit the late 90s) it was the Hammers (v Shearer and Sutton’s Blackburn) that reminded me most of the Hibs. Saw Klinnsmans Spurs v QPR, the awesome Arsenal side in Europe and V Sheffield Wed, and Brentford versus Waddle’s Barnsley. And Terry Hrulocks Fulham! Didn’t catch Chelsea or

beensaidbefore
14-02-2018, 07:50 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,904382,00.html

Some way down the page

Ggtth

Thanks for that. Interesting read.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-02-2018, 09:17 PM

Wouldnae mind Pixie Lott puting in an appearance @ ER.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2018, 10:47 PM
Is Haymaker not a celebrity Hibs and Irons fan?

Is It On....
14-02-2018, 10:49 PM

Micky Geggus + Stinky Turner + Vince Riordan (ICF) = Cockney Rejects = West Am...Oi! Oi! oi !!

Is It On....
14-02-2018, 10:50 PM

David Hay is a Millwall fan.

FranckSuzy
14-02-2018, 11:31 PM

:agree: :hyper :greengrin

David Hay is a Millwall fan.

:tee hee:

edinburghhibee
14-02-2018, 11:52 PM
**** West Ham, moan the Spurs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenLake
15-02-2018, 05:42 AM
My wife is a Spurs fan, but before I met her (a very long time ago), I used to go to West Ham games with some mates at University close to their old stadium in the days of Johnny Lyle. She has yet to realize I secretly back them in London derby games and she thinks Spurs are my London team.

Winston Ingram
15-02-2018, 01:05 PM

edinburghhibee
15-02-2018, 01:44 PM
My wife is a Spurs fan, but before I met her (a very long time ago), I used to go to West Ham games with some mates at University close to their old stadium in the days of Johnny Lyle. She has yet to realize I secretly back them in London derby games and she thinks Spurs are my London team.

🤣 your wives a good woman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

therealgavmac
15-02-2018, 02:02 PM

Ahhhh the halcyon days of Upton Park and John Lyall’s hammers......... I had a season ticket in the west side....... Billy Bonds and “Psycho” Cross my faves....

I’m a Hibby and a West Ham fan......, but I’m not a celebrity

surreyhibbie
15-02-2018, 02:09 PM

He's not a celebrity, he's a very naughty boy!

defo a Hibs and West Ham man though...

Is It On....
15-02-2018, 02:23 PM
He's not a celebrity, he's a very naughty boy!

defo a Hibs and West Ham man though...

He must be only West Ham fan to dress up in Millwall colours then!!

surreyhibbie
15-02-2018, 02:33 PM
He must be only West Ham fan to dress up in Millwall colours then!!

Haymaker is a poster on here. I happen to know him very well..

Hayemaker is a boxer...

:wink:

HoboHarry
15-02-2018, 02:38 PM
Haymaker is a poster on here. I happen to know him very well..

Hayemaker is a boxer...

Not sure I would call him a poster - all he does is post those wee :hyper thingeys when Deeks or Leigh is mentioned........

GreenLake
15-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Ahhhh the halcyon days of Upton Park and John Lyall’s hammers......... I had a season ticket in the west side....... Billy Bonds and “Psycho” Cross my faves....

I’m a Hibby and a West Ham fan......, but I’m not a celebrity

I was at the first tie in the 1986 FA Cup against Man Utd where it ended in a 1.1 draw. West Ham won 2 nil at Old Trafford in the replay.

I lived in Clerkenwell then and got on the tube at the Barbican to go to the games. We stood behind one of the goals with the main stand on our right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254918/Manchester-United-v-West-Ham-FA-Cup-memories-Geoff-Pike-header.html

You are a celebrity!

Iggy Pope
15-02-2018, 04:41 PM
Micky Geggus + Stinky Turner + Vince Riordan (ICF) = Cockney Rejects = West Am...Oi! Oi! oi !!

Now you're talking. Flares n Slippers, I'm Not A Fool or Bad Man on the pre match PA would get the natives in a robust frame. Oi! Oi!

kevo1875
15-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Ray Winstone is west ham and hibs .. I remember dougray Scott talking about it

WoreTheGreen
15-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Michael Jackson not sure a hibby but definitely a hammers fan he used to love blowing bubbles

Haymaker
15-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Yes, it is true... I do follow Hibs and West Ham

:hyper

Haymaker
15-02-2018, 06:43 PM
Not sure I would call him a poster - all he does is post those wee :hyper thingeys when Deeks or Leigh is mentioned........

Deeks is coming back?! :hyper

therealgavmac
15-02-2018, 11:09 PM
I was at the first tie in the 1986 FA Cup against Man Utd where it ended in a 1.1 draw. West Ham won 2 nil at Old Trafford in the replay.

I lived in Clerkenwell then and got on the tube at the Barbican to go to the games. We stood behind one of the goals with the main stand on our right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2254918/Manchester-United-v-West-Ham-FA-Cup-memories-Geoff-Pike-header.html

You are a celebrity!

Now if the tunnel side (West Side) was on your right, you were in the North Bank, however if the East Side (Chicken Run) was on your right, you were in the South Bank. The South Bank was the home of all the skinheads, and a pretty racist atmosphere in there!!

Is It On....
17-02-2018, 06:26 AM
Now you're talking. Flares n Slippers, I'm Not A Fool or Bad Man on the pre match PA would get the natives in a robust frame. Oi! Oi!

"I wanna be famous like I was yesterday...were playing Ammersmith tonight..Iggy Pop(e) supporting" 😎😎😎

El Gubbz
17-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Odd thread this. I too have a soft spot for the Hammers (family are ST holders down there) - thought I was the only one given claret is almost the colour of sin.

Always felt we were very similar in that the big boys would come and cherry pick our great young talent coming through the youth system before they hit their peak - West Ham produced some great players at the tail end of the 90’s and who knows what they could have achieved had they been able to build on them but like us they’re left wondering.

Green Reaper
17-02-2018, 10:28 AM
Followed the Hammers home and away during the Billy Bonds era, fans were fantastic with constant singing. Used to go South Bank at home. Mental in there by the segregation fence and remember opposition players being wary of not getting too close to the Chicken Run. Some of my best days watching fitba, besides Hibs obviously

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-02-2018, 11:38 AM
I thought it was only myself, haymaker and cat23, good to see there are plenty others.

Haymaker
17-02-2018, 03:39 PM
I thought it was only myself, haymaker and cat23, good to see there are plenty others.

Yeah but I'm famous Hutchy.

Geo_1875
18-02-2018, 07:24 AM
Odd thread this. I too have a soft spot for the Hammers (family are ST holders down there) - thought I was the only one given claret is almost the colour of sin.

Always felt we were very similar in that the big boys would come and cherry pick our great young talent coming through the youth system before they hit their peak - West Ham produced some great players at the tail end of the 90’s and who knows what they could have achieved had they been able to build on them but like us they’re left wondering.

No way is claret close to the bloodied turd mixture that is maroon.

Always felt West Ham are similar to Hibs in that they have been on the verge of greatness but are never able to get over the line. Great moments in the cups but not able to sustain a league campaign.

ST at ER and Stratford Athletics Field.

Cabbage East
18-02-2018, 07:29 AM
Ive been to watch West ham. But come on, nothing compares to the cabbage.

Colr
18-02-2018, 02:11 PM

I went to one game at the old Boleyn Ground. Good atmosphere.

Famous Fiver
18-02-2018, 07:03 PM
West Ham have a lot in common with our Gorgie friends.

West Ham won the world cup.

Hearts won the First World War.

Neither given over to exaggeration.

Aye right!!!

Jack Hackett
18-02-2018, 07:07 PM
West Ham have a lot in common with our Gorgie friends.

West Ham won the world cup.

Hearts won the First World War.

Neither given over to exaggeration.

Aye right!!!

Hibs won the World Championship... no exaggeration needed :greengrin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1887_World_Championship_(football)

SideBurns
18-02-2018, 07:37 PM

There are bigger grounds, there are better grounds; I've been to a few. But see the feeling when you turn intae Albion Road and see the stands and floodlights begin to appear? Ye cannae whack it!

Fambo Jannies
18-02-2018, 07:44 PM

Me too. Some good times at the old Upton Park when I lived in London. I always thought our supports were similar in passion and fatalism. Must be an east end thing. COYI!