PDA

View Full Version : The Proclaimers concert Easter Road!

DR1875
14-02-2018, 10:27 AM
What was you reaction when seeing the title? Personally I think it would be brilliant. I had a conversation with Charlie at the end of December. You couldn't get a nicer guy but one question I forgot to ask was why have they never gigged Easter Road? Apart from Hands of Hibs(If your old enough to remember!).
I think it's time we thanked them for what they have gave us over the years with a sellout show at ER. They have a new album and tour this year so have the logistics in place.
Just asking what all you guy's think?
GGTTH

hibbyfraelibby
14-02-2018, 11:01 AM
Nice idea but concerts will just ruin the pitch. It took years for it to recover after fat Elton compressed the surface in front of the old East Stand. You could see the damage running from sSouth to half way right up until the new pitch was laid

Juice-Terry
14-02-2018, 11:01 AM
Rumour has it that Craig won't go near ER as long as Petrie is there. Could be bollocks of course.

Jumbo
14-02-2018, 11:02 AM
What was you reaction when seeing the title? Personally I think it would be brilliant. I had a conversation with Charlie at the end of December. You couldn't get a nicer guy but one question I forgot to ask was why have they never gigged Easter Road? Apart from Hands of Hibs(If your old enough to remember!).
I think it's time we thanked them for what they have gave us over the years with a sellout show at ER. They have a new album and tour this year so have the logistics in place.
Just asking what all you guy's think?
GGTTH

Don't think You'll never walk alone would be played now :hmmm:
Not my cup of tea, but sure they could sell place out, though remember the state of the pitch after Elton John played.

Michael
14-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Rumour has it that Craig won't go near ER as long as Petrie is there. Could be bollocks of course.

Whys that? Do they know each other?

bingo70
14-02-2018, 11:18 AM

That’s John Hughes you’re thinking of.

Carheenlea
14-02-2018, 11:22 AM
What would a capacity be for a gig at Easter Road, and are The Proclaimers a big enough draw to sell an arena show out?

JeMeSouviens
14-02-2018, 11:28 AM
I love Hibs and I like the Proclaimers but while the Proclaimers->Hibs connection is fine for cup finals and all, I can’t be doing with the Hibs->Proclaimers thing at concerts. You’re there for the music, not to try and turn every lull into a Hibs chant. In fact I prefer seeing them outside Edinburgh.

Sammy7nil
14-02-2018, 11:30 AM
What would a capacity be for a gig at Easter Road, and are The Proclaimers a big enough draw to sell an arena show out?

It would also impact on the audience for their shows at smaller venues would people go twice?

Ozyhibby
14-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Easter Road is not suited for concerts. It costs too much to build the stage, lighting rigs and sound system for the amount of tickets you can sell. The bands just can’t make money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael
14-02-2018, 11:32 AM
I love Hibs and I like the Proclaimers but while the Proclaimers->Hibs connection is fine for cup finals and all, I can’t be doing with the Hibs->Proclaimers thing at concerts. You’re there for the music, not to try and turn every lull into a Hibs chant. In fact I prefer seeing them outside Edinburgh.

I know what you mean. When I saw them a guy chucked his Hibs scarf at them at the end of the show, and they just awkwardly handed it back.

bod
14-02-2018, 12:57 PM

:top marks

Can mind their gig at the castle when some folk started singing hibees hibees after SOL, thankfully not a lot of folk joined in

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-02-2018, 01:02 PM
100% Yes! Get it sorted!

If the pitch is a bit bare afterwards , replace the turf. That shouldn't be a barrier to a once in a lifetime gig.

MWHIBBIES
14-02-2018, 01:27 PM
100% Yes! Get it sorted!

If the pitch is a bit bare afterwards , replace the turf. That shouldn't be a barrier to a once in a lifetime gig.
You can pay for the turf, that shouldnt be a barrier to a once in a lifetime gig.

marinello59
14-02-2018, 01:27 PM

:agree:

Johnny Clash
14-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Could maybe even do a couple of nights in the largest of our function suites?

Ok not exactly a ‘stadium gig’ but a bit more intimate with less hassle all round.

Aalborg Hibs
14-02-2018, 04:31 PM

Absolutely not.
I remember taking the wife to see them the Barrowlands, it was awful. Full of T in the Park types with Scotland flags who waved them for a bit when they played I'm Gonna Be and spent the rest of the time texting their mates, it was embarrassing.
The gig I took her to at the Liquid Rooms in 2001 was something else though, I think along with the AEK game, it converted my Danish wife to Hibbiedom.

southsider
14-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Absolutely not.
I remember taking the wife to see them the Barrowlands, it was awful. Full of T in the Park types with Scotland flags who waved them for a bit when they played I'm Gonna Be and spent the rest of the time texting their mates, it was embarrassing.
The gig I took her to at the Liquid Rooms in 2001 was something else though, I think along with the AEK game, it converted my Danish wife to Hibbiedom.
First time was in 1986 and last time was Lewis's testimonial and about 20 times in between.

WoreTheGreen
14-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Hertz are trying to get the black & white minstrels

Aalborg Hibs
14-02-2018, 05:15 PM
Hertz are trying to get the black & white minstrels

Did Ivor Novello not dedicate Keep the Home Fires Burning to the chimney at Tiny?

WoreTheGreen
14-02-2018, 05:19 PM
Did Ivor Novello not dedicate Keep the Home Fires Burning to the chimney at Tiny?

Or vera lynn after all WW1 and all that

RIP
14-02-2018, 09:33 PM

That’s kinda odd as he bought an ST in the singing section in 2010 and has been in S44 ever since.

majorhibs
14-02-2018, 09:54 PM
Murrayfield’s pitch always seemed to cope with the mega gigs with their mat thing covering the whole pitch, resembled a skinhead type of Hillend Ski slope surface, some big gigs there over the years, U2 etc with 70k or thereabouts, really, for what the Proclaimers have done for Hibs, this one should really be down to them if they wanted or not. It surprises me when working away, blethering fitba, how many other fans know & say they like SOL.