PDA

View Full Version : James Corden.

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 07:40 AM
James Corden just tweeted a video of when we sang SOL after our Scottish Cup victory. This is what he put...

This is beautiful. Just beautiful. Sunshine on Leith sung by 50000 wonderful people. m.youtube.com/watch?v=LeHkQY… x

GreenCastle
14-02-2018, 07:48 AM
10.2 million followers...

Decent bit of free publicity !

Best song and day ever !

danhibees1875
14-02-2018, 07:48 AM
Very sporting of The rangers fans to have lost graciously and join in with SoL before heading home incident free.

Always nice to see SoL get wider recognition though, fabulous song and I'll never tire of listening to that or the 2007 renditions from the fans.

I had a dream before the final that we'd won and I recorded the rendition and released it as a charity single and it got to #1. :greengrin

Brummie_Hibs
14-02-2018, 07:54 AM
Aye, but he's still a c0ck!

IGRIGI
14-02-2018, 07:57 AM
50k? With the Seville calculator out we'll be hitting 1 million in no time :greengrin

Diclonius
14-02-2018, 08:20 AM
It's a shame James Corden is the least funny person who has ever existed.

col02
14-02-2018, 08:32 AM
Was played on the Ken Bruce show a couple weeks ago. Unlike Chris Evans he waited until the song was finished before proclaiming it one of the best football anthems out there! The one at the league Cup final takes some beating imho.

RamblingJack
14-02-2018, 08:44 AM

No,that honour falls to Keith Lemon.

14-02-2018, 08:45 AM
10.2 million followers...

Decent bit of free publicity !

Best song and day ever !

588K views at the moment, with that many followers it will be interesting to see how many views it gets over the next few days.

Good lad James Cordon for tweeting it, does that make him an adopted Hibby? Lennox Lewis too
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/sunshine-on-lennox-lennox-lewis-praises-hibs-scottish-cup-win-1-4335304

Hibbyradge
14-02-2018, 08:48 AM

I'll translate that for everyone.

He's a hugely successful entertainer whom I have never met and of whom I am very jealous.

:wink:

Billy Whizz
14-02-2018, 08:59 AM

He's a hugely successful entertainer whom I have never met and of whom I am very jealous.

And the writer of one of the best comedy series ever, Gavin and Stacey

Platinum Scotty
14-02-2018, 09:09 AM

totally agree :thumbsup:

lord bunberry
14-02-2018, 09:14 AM
I don’t get the hate for James Corden. He’s a normal guy living the dream. I bet he’d be great company on a night out.

Pete
14-02-2018, 09:31 AM
I used to find him annoying but I’ve seen him in a different light now.

Top bloke

oldbutdim
I don’t get the hate for James Corden. He’s a normal guy living the dream. I bet he’d be great company on a night out.

I wouldn't go halfers on a pizza with him, but I think he'd be good company too.

Hibbyradge

I bet he's funnier than loads of folk.

Possibly even you. :wink:

14-02-2018, 09:42 AM
This has now made the news.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/james-corden-praises-hibs-rendition-of-sunshine-on-leith-1-4688654

Picked it up from here no doubt, but "journalists" claim not to read fans' forums.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2018, 09:55 AM

Picked it up from here no doubt, but "journalists" claim not to read fans' forums.

Do they? I've never read anything like that.

poolman
14-02-2018, 10:02 AM
No,that honour falls to Keith Lemon.

I thought it was Michael McIntyre

hibsbollah
14-02-2018, 10:04 AM
I blow hot and cold with Cordon. Ooer missus etc etc. Gavin and Stacy good, sycophantic love in with yon Gary Barlow, not so good. Tweeting about hibs fans singing SOL puts him in my good books again.

In fact, there's a very funny sketch from his American chat show that's doing the rounds on Facebook, a 50 shades of grey pastiche involving a homoerotic train set. Hard not to laugh.

edinburghhibee
14-02-2018, 10:06 AM
James cordon on league of their own with Freddie flintoff , jack Whitehall and Jamie rednapp is a brilliant game show and very funny even the misses loves it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stevie Reid
14-02-2018, 10:08 AM
Top gadgie*

* - this may not always have been my opinion

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2018, 10:12 AM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/james-corden-praises-hibs-rendition-of-sunshine-on-leith-1-4688654

10,000,000 followers and host of one of the biggest shows in the USA ..... What's not to like? You cant buy this kind of publicity :greengrin

EdinMike
I was going to rip into James for not being funny. And someone mentioned Jack Whitehall.. Holy Christmas, I’ve seen funnier pan handlers.

JimboHibs

Do journalists claim not to read fans forums ?

Stevie Reid
14-02-2018, 10:14 AM
I was going to rip into James for not being funny. And someone mentioned Jack Whitehall.. Holy Christmas, I’ve seen funnier pan handlers.

I proper can't stand Jack Whitehall as well. His success is astonishing/depressing.

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 10:14 AM
Do journalists claim not to read fans forums ?

Banderson often says he doesn’t get any info from forums. When most of it actually comes directly from KB or here!

Hibbyradge
14-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Banderson often says he doesn’t get any info from forums. When most of it actually comes directly from KB or here!

The question was regarding journalists.

Jim44
14-02-2018, 10:18 AM
I blow hot and cold with Cordon. Ooer missus etc etc. Gavin and Stacy good, sycophantic love in with yon Gary Barlow, not so good. Tweeting about hibs fans singing SOL puts him in my good books again.

In fact, there's a very funny sketch from his American chat show that's doing the rounds on Facebook, a 50 shades of grey pastiche involving a homoerotic train set. Hard not to laugh.

For a lot of folk there’s something Marmitish about James Cordon. Personally I quite like him.

hibsbollah
14-02-2018, 10:20 AM
For a lot of folk there’s something Marmitish about James Cordon. Personally I quite like him.

Frankie Boyle made it extremely clear he is not a fan :faf:

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 10:21 AM

😂👏🏼

Cabbage East
14-02-2018, 10:25 AM

Can't stand him myself although Gavin and Stacey was half decent. He's done a bit to redeem himself to me with this though, which i'm sure he's really chuffed about.

Carheenlea
14-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Have never seen Gavin and Stacy and while I've heard of James Corden I wouldnt know anything he does.
If he likes the video then he must be alright, plus, that video was filmed by my Dad, but despite standing right next to him he decided to record the moment for posterity without bothering to include his son in the footage.:grr:

SuperAllyMcleod
14-02-2018, 10:34 AM
I used to find him annoying but I’ve seen him in a different light now.

Top bloke

I went the other way, I quite liked him when he was acting but now that he’s doing chat shows and the (god awful) League of their Own I can’t bear him. Don’t get me started on those adverts!

That said, I totally agreed with Smithy’s (Gavin and Stacey) attitude to ordering takeaway food [emoji4]

Pretty Boy
14-02-2018, 10:47 AM
Gavin & Stacy - like
Chat shows/car show thing etc - dislike
Insincere scripted reaction to Manchester attack - dislike
Sharing SOL video - like

I can take or leave Corden. He seems a bit of an OTT loudmouth at times but a lot of that seems a character he is playing.

guthrie01
14-02-2018, 10:55 AM

I'd rather top myself than spend even an hour with Corden, nice tweet by him though

14-02-2018, 10:55 AM
Any chat from Hearts fans about this or are they too busy discussing Cicero's post on MySpace about their rendition of the Hearts song after their 1-0 win over Elgin in the League Cup group stage?

JeMeSouviens
14-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Although he is responsible for some *****, carpool karaoke with Stevie Wonder is brilliant.

worcesterhibby
14-02-2018, 11:08 AM

It is

worcesterhibby
14-02-2018, 11:17 AM
The thing I like about Corden is that 90% of his humour/character is about enthusiasm. He seems to have a joy for life. Sometimes being British and being enthusiastic can be a tough road, we tend to far prefer world weary cynicism. As a nation we are generally far more at home slagging stuff off and being outraged than we are at being enthusiastic and celebrating success. Maybe that's no bad thing, but it can get a bit wearisome.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "The Wrong Mans" which I thought was a brilliant series.

Anyway, he's focused his enthusiasm on us...which is nice. cheers.

Sammy7nil
14-02-2018, 11:34 AM

To be fair MM is quite funny until he speaks

Scott Allan Key
14-02-2018, 11:43 AM
The thing I like about Corden is that 90% of his humour/character is about enthusiasm. He seems to have a joy for life. Sometimes being British and being enthusiastic can be a tough road, we tend to far prefer world weary cynicism. As a nation we are generally far more at home slagging stuff off and being outraged than we are at being enthusiastic and celebrating success. Maybe that's no bad thing, but it can get a bit wearisome.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned "The Wrong Mans" which I thought was a brilliant series.

Anyway, he's focused his enthusiasm on us...which is nice. cheers.

That’s my take on him too. I saw him winding up miserable, arrogant Hun Gordon Ramsay, albeit a decent chef, on a car journey and I warmed to him.

GreenNWhiteArmy
14-02-2018, 11:44 AM
I'd rather top myself than spend even an hour with Corden, nice tweet by him though

That seems a tad excessive?

I don't mind him. Gavin & Stacey was excellent and I quite like ALOTO. Not really seen any of his US stuff but seems to be a big player over there so good luck to him

.Sean.
14-02-2018, 11:55 AM
Correct. Must know every episode word for word but they ever get old. Quite like League of their own too.

He's a sound **** as far as I'm concerned

Heisenberg
14-02-2018, 12:13 PM
Yeah I don’t get some of the hate for Corden. I think he’s ok tbh.

McSwanky
14-02-2018, 12:17 PM

Bit over the top there!

easty
14-02-2018, 12:18 PM
I'm not a fan of his at all, but fair play to him for this.

Also saw him doing a singing thing with the boys from Stranger Things which was pretty good - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64iZmkaoueI

SirDavidsNapper
14-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Did he go to the same school as Benji?

Iggy Pope
14-02-2018, 12:25 PM
I loved Gavin & Stacey and Fat Friends.
Then just last night I was thinking about what an insufferable knob he is on those car insurance adverts
Then I read this and I like him and Gavin and Stacey again. And his Fat Friends. He's brill.

Michael McIntyre? I'd rather stick pins into my boaby than listen to him.

Crazyhorse
14-02-2018, 01:14 PM

Boom boom!

Lago
14-02-2018, 01:44 PM
No he's not.

jonty
14-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Didn't really take to Corden pre his spat with Patrick Stewart and thought even less of him afterwards.
Fair enough, he's done well for himself. At least he has some taste.

Bristolhibby
14-02-2018, 02:38 PM
I proper can't stand Jack Whitehall as well. His success is astonishing/depressing.

Fresh Meat was brilliantly funny though.

J

SirDavidsNapper
14-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Oh Jamesey Corden,
Used to be annoying but he's alright now
:flag:

murray26
14-02-2018, 03:14 PM
He’s obviously a man of good taste so far that reason I like him..

ekhibee
14-02-2018, 03:17 PM
The 2 I really can't stand are Whitehall and Josh Widdicombe who seems to be on everything his agent can get a slot for, and his voice annoys the **** out of me as well as his very limited comedic ability. Whitehall just comes across as a spoilt little rich boy, and I've never laughed at anything he's said ever. McIntyre's actually worse than both of them though. Corden's not bad at all in comparison to those 3, and I loved Gavin and Stacey.

blackpoolhibs
14-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Cordon is someone who's made a success of his life, well done him. Not seen much of what he's done, never seen Gavin and Stacey, but seen a little of his american stuff.

Nobody forces you to watch him, and nobody would make anyone spend an hour in his company, so anyone thinking of shooting themselves has just been given a reprieve.

Well done James for giving our club some free publicity, in fact some free huge publicity. :top marks

CallumLaidlaw
14-02-2018, 03:38 PM
Cordon is someone who's made a success of his life, well done him. Not seen much of what he's done, never seen Gavin and Stacey, but seen a little of his american stuff.

Nobody forces you to watch him, and nobody would make anyone spend an hour in his company, so anyone thinking of shooting themselves has just been given a reprieve.

Well done James for giving our club some free publicity, in fact some free huge publicity. :top marks

Agreed. Corden is a normal bloke that’s done well. Amazed how het up by people’s success some folk get. At least he is actually a talented script writer etc, unlike some of the so called “celebrities” on tv these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Harp
14-02-2018, 03:42 PM
Never been a fan of James Cordon ... until now! :-) He's clearly a man of impeccable taste.

Phil MaGlass
14-02-2018, 03:44 PM
Whats not to like. Free advertising/publicity. Millions of viewers.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-02-2018, 03:50 PM
What a day of contrasts

Hibs have a fantastic video, showing our fans celebrating and singing a cup final win, shared by one of the worlds most famous tv presenters

Hearts have to issue a statement apologising to a former player for the racist abuse he received from his own supporters.

weecounty hibby
14-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Regardless of comedic/acting/hosting abilities this man has given us free PR and advertising to 10,000,000 million people. Think about that for a minute. 10,000,000 people, free, positive PR. On a day when the jumbos are having to apologise to an ex player regarding racial abuse from his own fans. 10,000,000 people, or hearts average attendance since they reopened the new PBS home for racist bigots, have seen Hibs in a positive light because of Corden. Thanks James and keep up the good work

Wilson
14-02-2018, 05:13 PM

Well I didn't like Gavin and Stacey. I think the whole bro-mange shtick on League if their Own got very old very quickly. I just don't get the stuff he does or understand why anyone would waste their time watching it.

I don't hate him but his stuff isn't for me.

Marmite is a good comparison.

Sioux
14-02-2018, 05:28 PM
What a day of contrasts

Hibs have a fantastic video, showing our fans celebrating and singing a cup final win, shared by one of the worlds most famous tv presenters

Hearts have to issue a statement apologising to a former player for the racist abuse he received from his own supporters.

Yip, and on the flip side some Hibs fans take the opportunity to rip him to bits. Some attention seekers are never happy unless they are complaining about someone or some thing.

stuart-farquhar
14-02-2018, 05:36 PM

Ditto.

esjorto
14-02-2018, 05:37 PM
His Carpool Kareoke with Michelle Obama was a sensation in the USA. He is very popular there, and that is his current audience.

Bostonhibby
14-02-2018, 05:40 PM
The 2 I really can't stand are Whitehall and Josh Widdicombe who seems to be on everything his agent can get a slot for, and his voice annoys the **** out of me as well as his very limited comedic ability. Whitehall just comes across as a spoilt little rich boy, and I've never laughed at anything he's said ever. McIntyre's actually worse than both of them though. Corden's not bad at all in comparison to those 3, and I loved Gavin and Stacey.Agree. Would only add that I'd like McIntyre to be a jambo. He's the unfunniest person being paid to make us laugh I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

HoboHarry
14-02-2018, 05:41 PM
Well I didn't like Gavin and Stacey. I think the whole bro-mange shtick on League if their Own got very old very quickly. I just don't get the stuff he does or understand why anyone would waste their time watching it.

I don't hate him but his stuff isn't for me.

Marmite is a good comparison.
Troglodyte.

greenlex
14-02-2018, 05:41 PM
His Carpool Kareoke with Michelle Obama was a sensation in the USA. He is very popular there, and that is his current audience.
It was decent. I also liked the Children in need stuff he did with the England squad a few years back. Don’t mind him at all.

hibsbollah
14-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Agree. Would only add that I'd like McIntyre to be a jambo. He's the unfunniest person being paid to make us laugh I've ever seen.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

But he is a Jambo, I thought everyone knew this :dunno:

beensaidbefore
14-02-2018, 05:55 PM
The Hibs marketing team should be jumping on this and sending him the home and away tops and tickets for a match. Even if 1% of his followers took an interest in us it would be a huge number of potential new 'fans'.

Wilson
14-02-2018, 05:58 PM
What a day of contrasts

Contrasting stories indeed.

Unfortunately I don't think any club in Scotland can afford to take racism lightly.

Mr White
14-02-2018, 06:05 PM
It was decent. I also liked the Children in need stuff he did with the England squad a few years back. Don’t mind him at all.

"Crouchy when I look at you everything I know tells me you should be rubbish at football"

:tee hee:

poolman
14-02-2018, 07:48 PM

Who's that David McLean ?

Did he have to bring in at the last couple of paragraphs about the pitch invasion and arrests etc

Plonker

lapsedhibee
14-02-2018, 07:50 PM
The 2 I really can't stand are Whitehall and Josh Widdicombe who seems to be on everything his agent can get a slot for, and his voice annoys the **** out of me as well as his very limited comedic ability. Whitehall just comes across as a spoilt little rich boy, and I've never laughed at anything he's said ever. McIntyre's actually worse than both of them though. Corden's not bad at all in comparison to those 3, and I loved Gavin and Stacey.

Live at the Apollo 9pm tonight on Dave: "The laughs are provided by Jack Whitehall, Josh Widdicombe and Shappi Khorsandi." Quick! Tune in!

hibsbollah
14-02-2018, 07:54 PM
Who's that David McLean ?

Did he have to bring in at the last couple of paragraphs about the pitch invasion and arrests etc

Plonker

Well those things happened, to be fair :greengrin I think the coverage linked to the Corden thing has been 100% beneficial.

poolman
14-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Well those things happened, to be fair :greengrin I think the coverage linked to the Corden thing has been 100% beneficial.

Yea, we all know that's what hsppened but IMO that's not what the story is about

It's all about the Sunshine On Leith song

Just my thoughts tho :thumbsup:

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-02-2018, 08:08 PM

Its not, its Russell Howard.

Hibbyradge
14-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Ditto.

You're a hugely successful entertainer? :hyper

Robinho08
15-02-2018, 01:59 PM

This. Cannae stand James Corduroy. ✊🏼💦

Famous Fiver
15-02-2018, 06:05 PM
He's the bloke who organised the sheep in an advert, I think. Got them to stand aside while he drove on.

Could be doing with him on Saturday!!

Keith_M
15-02-2018, 07:33 PM
Frankie Boyle made it extremely clear he is not a fan :faf:

Now he is the definition of a c0ck

One Day
15-02-2018, 09:26 PM
Have never seen Gavin and Stacy and while I've heard of James Corden I wouldnt know anything he does.
If he likes the video then he must be alright, plus, that video was filmed by my Dad, but despite standing right next to him he decided to record the moment for posterity without bothering to include his son in the footage.:grr:

Me, my Sons and Grandson are in it, thank your dad for me :not worth

Northernhibee
15-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Now he is the definition of a c0ck

A vile man indeed :agree: You can't make jokes about disabled kids like Harvey Price one minute and hold yourself as some moral crusader the next. Doesn't work like that.

Russell Howard is awful, Jack Whitehall is worse and Michael McIntyre is just Hearts class.

Scott Allan Key
15-02-2018, 10:19 PM
A vile man indeed :agree: You can't make jokes about disabled kids like Harvey Price one minute and hold yourself as some moral crusader the next. Doesn't work like that.

Russell Howard is awful, Jack Whitehall is worse and Michael McIntyre is just Hearts class.

I always feel drained watching Boyle. And being Celtc-minded he tried to steal Bill Hicks from us, just because there is a picture of Hicks outside Parkhead- when he actually was in our end!

FilipinoHibs
16-02-2018, 01:36 AM
totally agree :thumbsup:

Cracking show.

green day
16-02-2018, 06:25 AM
James Corden just tweeted a video of when we sang SOL after our Scottish Cup victory. This is what he put...

This is beautiful. Just beautiful. Sunshine on Leith sung by 50000 wonderful people. m.youtube.com/watch?v=LeHkQY… x

I was at Hampden with my dad, and like all of us have watched many a SoL video.

It was my dad's funeral on Wednesday, and we had arranged to have SoL played as we left Warriston.

So when I looked on twitter that morning and saw that Corden tweeted this video, it felt kind of good, apt and timely somehow.

I can't disagree with his sentiment, it was and always will be beautiful.

lord bunberry
16-02-2018, 06:26 AM
I was at Hampden with my dad, and like all of us have watched many a SoL video.

It was my dad's funeral on Wednesday, and we had arranged to have SoL played as we left Warriston.

So when I looked on twitter that morning and saw that Corden tweeted this video, it felt kind of good, apt and timely somehow.

I can't disagree with his sentiment, it was and always will be beautiful.
Sorry to hear that mate.

iwasthere1972
16-02-2018, 06:37 AM
He's the bloke who organised the sheep in an advert, I think. Got them to stand aside while he drove on.

Could be doing with him on Saturday!!

The sheep whisperer. :wink: