PDA

View Full Version : Goncalves

lord bunberry
14-02-2018, 06:45 AM
Seems he left because he was being racially abused at the pbs. He couldn’t let his family attend games. Pretty sad in this day and age
https://t.co/rD0LhboQ9L

S4uzee
14-02-2018, 06:49 AM
I assume Budge will act on this just like the marathon bet tweet

O'Rourke3
14-02-2018, 06:53 AM
Not great reading for Hearts. Interestingly not penned by Barry Haw Haw either...

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
14-02-2018, 07:01 AM
Hmmm i'm not so sure. He was brutal and got a hard time from a lot of their fans. Hope there's no truth in it.

Bostonhibby
14-02-2018, 07:01 AM
I assume Budge will act on this just like the marathon bet tweetShe could get the hearts Billy boy gang and the nazi saluting guy to police the racists at the games?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
14-02-2018, 07:03 AM

Just on that she wasn't shy about calling out Celtic fans just after she took over however can't remember her doing the same with her own fans and there is a lot she should be saying IMO.

hibsbollah
14-02-2018, 07:06 AM
Hmmm i'm not so sure. He was brutal and got a hard time from a lot of their fans. Hope there's no truth in it.

Seems fairly clear cut, unless you think he's lying. It's not in his interests to make things up. Fans just represent wider society.

14-02-2018, 07:07 AM
Hearts fans will deny it happened and claim it is fake news because if the club doesn't come out and say they are investigating it then that means it didn't take place. They will say other people in the stadium will have heard it and they should come forward, if no one does then again, that confirms it didn't happen and Goncalves is using it as an excuse for his performances.

Scouse Hibee
14-02-2018, 07:11 AM
Can well believe it, every club will have folk in the stands who behave like this.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2018, 07:14 AM
I always argued Hearts fans could actually say with a straight face that the bigots withing their support were a minority. Now I'm not so sure.

There seems a hardcore of people amongst them with pretty horrible views getting louder and braver. The last derby saw about 15000 people giving it laldy about Lafferty playing the flute, not sectarian in itself but the reasoning behind the song is clear. Add to that the very audible extra line in 'Sweet Caroline' sung by a sizeable minority and now this and it doesn't read well for them. All their half ersed attmepts at a singing group have been hijacked by the bigots as well.

Aa has been said previously the silence from Budge is deafening given her rants about Celtic previously.

neil7908
14-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Absolutely disgraceful. Racial abuse has forced out one of there own players.

I await Potter, Budge etc condemning this and carrying out a full investigation.

calumhibee1
14-02-2018, 07:26 AM
Fully expect Hearts fans to point blank deny this happened in the same way they did with the Buckie bottle that was thrown into the Hibs end at the last derby. From that article aswell it sounds like it was a sizeable and very vocal minority, not just one or two. As PB said, I used to be adamant that Edinburgh football didn’t have any issues like the Glasgow clubs. I still stand by that being generally true at Easter Road, but theirs something a bit unsavoury about the Hearts fans in recent times with the Gorgie boys being up to their knees in fenian blood a lot more audibly now and of course the f the pope shouts from a huge amount of them while they sing Sweet Caroline. Getting more Hunnish by the day.

Just Alf
14-02-2018, 07:29 AM
Hearts fans will deny it happened and claim it is fake news because if the club doesn't come out and say they are investigating it then that means it didn't take place. They will say other people in the stadium will have heard it and they should come forward, if no one does then again, that confirms it didn't happen and Goncalves is using it as an excuse for his performances.Thing that won't help them.... All you have to do is look back at some of their old matchday threads and you can see fans snipeing at each other about this sort of thing happening.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
14-02-2018, 07:33 AM

Did you read the article before commenting? He was pretty unequivocal in stating that he was getting racist abuse and that it was taking place on a regular basis.

Brutal or top scorer or whatever, racists can GTF.

Elephant Stone
14-02-2018, 07:34 AM
The PC Brigade has ruined Tinny.

Dashing Bob S
14-02-2018, 07:36 AM
I would be very doubtful that there is a racist element in the Hearts support who abused this man’s family. Success excites jealousy and the player simply wasn’t good enough to play for such a huge club, with the champions league win, massive stadium and huge fan base. Taking a step down from that isn’t easy but painting Hearts as racist is as deluded as Cole Stockton thinking he’s a black man.

Dashing Bob S
14-02-2018, 07:37 AM

I blame the PVC brigade. If they hadn’t been so stingy surely they’d have had more than 19,000 seats at Tynecastle.

Jim44
14-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Fully expect Hearts fans to point blank deny this happened in the same way they did with the Buckie bottle that was thrown into the Hibs end at the last derby. From that article aswell it sounds like it was a sizeable and very vocal minority, not just one or two. As PB said, I used to be adamant that Edinburgh football didn’t have any issues like the Glasgow clubs. I still stand by that being generally true at Easter Road, but theirs something a bit unsavoury about the Hearts fans in recent times with the Gorgie boys being up to their knees in fenian blood a lot more audibly now and of course the f the pope shouts from a huge amount of them while they sing Sweet Caroline. Getting more Hunnish by the day.

To be fair, it is being condemned on KB, but there is still a sizeable faction who try to cloud the issue, infer it’s not true and that his wife misheard the comments etc.

calumhibee1
14-02-2018, 07:45 AM
To be fair, it is being condemned on KB, but there is still a sizeable faction who try to cloud the issue, infer it’s not true and that his wife misheard the comments etc.

I actually just looked and seen that myself. Surprised at that as the Buckie bottle situation was almost unanimously filed under ‘Hobo lies’. The fact that a lot of them are actually saying they’ve heard it aswell says a lot - their must be plenty of them at it.

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 07:51 AM

Eh? You think his wife made it up? They have a problem with a minority of the fans and have done for a while. There is no denying this happened he’s better off away from them.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
14-02-2018, 07:54 AM
There is no doubt hearts are a bit of a home for some of Edinburgh's harder of thinking, small-town tcheucter, three-toothed idiots, who will loudly proclaim their anti-catholic attitudes and no doubt anti-black attitudes too, but i dont think this is something that can be used to attack their whole support.

If idiots did it, then blame the idiots.

Now wholesale booing of a minutes' silence for a dead Pope on the other hand....

14-02-2018, 08:02 AM
I always argued Hearts fans could actually say with a straight face that the bigots withing their support were a minority. Now I'm not so sure.

There seems a hardcore of people amongst them with pretty horrible views getting louder and braver. The last derby saw about 15000 people giving it laldy about Lafferty playing the flute, not sectarian in itself but the reasoning behind the song is clear. Add to that the very audible extra line in 'Sweet Caroline' sung by a sizeable minority and now this and it doesn't read well for them. All their half ersed attmepts at a singing group have been hijacked by the bigots as well.

Aa has been said previously the silence from Budge is deafening given her rants about Celtic previously.

Yes, instead of FTH when we were right there they preferred FTP. In their other popular song they don't seem to bother with "Gorgie Boys" and just go for "Billy Boys".

Ryan69
14-02-2018, 08:18 AM
I blame the PVC brigade. If they hadn’t been so stingy surely they’d have had more than 19,000 seats at Tynecastle.

Their official capacity is 20,099.

Though I think that is quiet abit of manure...or including the rats.

Michael
14-02-2018, 08:41 AM

If that's the case our "official capacity" should be 60K, because why the **** not?

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2018, 09:38 AM
I suppose every club has this element in it, even us. Though to be honest I cant recall ever hearing one of our black players abused in this way, or even an opposition player ... you could cite the Skacel song I suppose, but the folk singing it probably didn't even consciously think of it as a racist song ( for me the jury is still out on that one ) to be honest the lack of awareness of modern European history it displayed was far more embarrassing.

Before the 2012 cup final there was a bunch of neds outside the east stand at Hampden giving it the 'Edinburgh is wonderful' song ... I thought by the look of them that Edinburgh would be far more wonderful if they moved out ... but I have to say that's the last time I ever heard anything like that, thankfully.

It cant be denied that Hearts seem to have a lot more of a problem with sectarian and racial abuse than we do, not to mention a bit of an ultra 'right wing' element in their support. But I for one wont be tarring them all with the same brush any more than I would want to be associated with the neds outside of Hampden that day ... they didn't represent the vast majority of the Hibs support any more than the bigots Goncalves is talking about represent the majority of Jambos. The most rabid Yam I know is about as left wing an anti racist as you will get with absolutely no time whatsoever for the Billy boy stuff.

lapsedhibee
14-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Mr Goncalves is clear that it was only a minority doing it, so we're initially thinking 'anything up to 199,999 of them then' but my guess is that it was just Medals mouthing off from a different seat every game.

hibbyfraelibby
14-02-2018, 10:05 AM

Their official certified capacity is 19541

jacomo
14-02-2018, 10:05 AM
Absolutely disgraceful. Racial abuse has forced out one of there own players.

I await Potter, Budge etc condemning this and carrying out a full investigation.

Just waiting for the press conference.

Hearts can’t ignore complaints of racial abuse from one of their players, can they?

pacoluna
14-02-2018, 10:08 AM
absolutely no place for this, minority or not it should be condemned from the top. The minority of bigoted hearts support is growing. As for Goncalves himself wait until he starts playing poorly n Uzbekistan....

14-02-2018, 11:07 AM

Where did you get that info from? Can't find it anywhere online.

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Just waiting for the press conference.

Hearts can’t ignore complaints of racial abuse from one of their players, can they?

Simple answer is yes they can. Why would they admit it when all is glorious just now and Levein is the best manager in the universe!

Hearts seem to have attracted more and more idiots over the years and they are for me mini Huns.

snedzuk
14-02-2018, 11:39 AM
She could get the hearts Billy boy gang and the nazi saluting guy to police the racists at the games?

and the guy that paints his hand red and then theres the guy with the union jack slippers that sat next to me on the bus after a recent derby.....

Bostonhibby
14-02-2018, 11:41 AM
and the guy that paints his hand red and then theres the guy with the union jack slippers that sat next to me on the bus after a recent derby.....Wasn't that just the One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Neston re-enactment society on their way home from rehearsals though?[emoji6]

matty_f
14-02-2018, 11:43 AM
So we can deduce that they don't like blacks and Catholics then. Nice bunch.

Sioux
14-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Some of the grunts are digging an escape route;

"i think it is more likely to be a misunderstanding.... a lost in translation moments.. where someone thought they heard a racist comment due to accent rather than anything being said."

FilipinoHibs
14-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Glad the anti Catholic/Irish and anti-gay stuff is still tolerates.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-02-2018, 12:26 PM

and, they really don't like Hibs supporters (irrespective of religion I assume) judging by every second post on HumpBack referring to us as Hibs 5c@m and Hibs V3rmin.

Nice bunch indeed...

Crazyhorse
14-02-2018, 12:59 PM

We shall see. Maybe some of the hun-ish faction thought they were just voicing opinions about the 'natural order' - given the football management have given them licence to spout such vague fascist pish.
But to be fair to Budge I thought she has actually raised the ire of the more knobish yams by trying to clamp down on things. I seem to remember complaints that she was ruining the atmosphere at the tiny library by taking measures to root out some of the idiot element.

lyonhibs
14-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Sounds horrible and hope the idiots get booted out.

However, I'm not sure if Uzbekistan is the best option to be heading to to escape racist abuse.

Victor
14-02-2018, 01:00 PM
These are serious allegations, that cannot be dismissed as ‘sour grapes’. If true it reflects very badly on the Hearts support and the club if they fail to investigate. I imagine that the players families sit in a set area and that it is likely that those around them will include a number of season ticket holders, so identifying those responsible should not be difficult. It obviously happened on a number of occasions with the players wife and brother stating they heard racist comments. In addition Goncalves states that he was directly abused on Instagram. Surprisingly the Evening News report does not state if they contacted Hearts for comment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ryan69
14-02-2018, 01:27 PM

A couple of sites state more....but everyone knows its less.

Thats why they get 16k max each week.

Either that or their police box holds the entire Lothian and Borders police inside it.

hibsboy69
14-02-2018, 02:13 PM
They have a track record of it :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIbHx_NUDq4

lapsedhibee
14-02-2018, 02:30 PM
But to be fair to Budge I thought she has actually raised the ire of the more knobish yams by trying to clamp down on things. I seem to remember complaints that she was ruining the atmosphere at the tiny library by taking measures to root out some of the idiot element.
I think that was relatively early on in her tenure. Since then she has sat on governing body committees, etc, so she'll have had the opportunity to learn to tolerate some of the traditions of Scottish football, like folk songs and that.

jacomo
14-02-2018, 02:45 PM
AllisBarry here to mop up:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-issue-strong-statement-on-esmael-goncalves-racism-claims-1-4688832

Barry says it’s a ‘strong’ statement, so that’s ok.

But it doesn’t seem to address racist abuse directed at Isma at all? Only that any future incidents should be reported.

Nicely swept under the carpet there...

G B Young
14-02-2018, 03:04 PM
Some of the grunts are digging an escape route;

"i think it is more likely to be a misunderstanding.... a lost in translation moments.. where someone thought they heard a racist comment due to accent rather than anything being said."

Yes, that's 'more likely' isn't it?

Elephant Stone
14-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Heart of Midlothian Football Club wishes to make it very clear that it abhors racism and any type of prejudicial abuse, and will not tolerate any incidence of such behavior.

We are aware that, as ever, it is only a very small number of individuals who have let the club and themselves down in this manner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pa84mgCHqA

Why make a statement condemning something if you're just going to tell blatant lies in the process? Absolutely pathetic.
To be be expected, though, given Ann Budge's previous record for the telling the truth and Hearts' previous record for sorting out its bigoted support.

Sad, sad people.

lapsedhibee
14-02-2018, 03:35 PM
We are aware that, as ever, it is only a very small number of individuals who have let the club and themselves down in this manner.

Learned that from her hun chums on the governing bodies. Probably only avoided saying "Tiny minority" as it might have seemed like a pun on the cauldron's nickname.

SouthMoroccoStu
14-02-2018, 03:51 PM
What a day of contrasts

Hibs have a fantastic video, showing our fans celebrating and singing a cup final win, shared by one of the worlds most famous tv presenters

Hearts have to issue a statement apologising to a former player for the racist abuse he received from his own supporters.

14-02-2018, 03:52 PM
The twitter account JKBmeltdown has some absolute belting quotes from kickback. My favourite has to be:

“Why move over to Uzbekistan to escape racism? It’s probably worse over there!“

Paisley Hibby
14-02-2018, 03:57 PM
They have a track record of it :-

The Hearts fans I know will be horrified and ashamed by this story.

WhileTheChief..
14-02-2018, 04:04 PM
What a day of contrasts

Hibs have a fantastic video, showing our fans celebrating and singing a cup final win, shared by one of the worlds most famous tv presenters

Hearts have to issue a statement apologising to a former player for the racist abuse he received from his own supporters.

Nicely sums up both sets sets of fans :cb

JeMeSouviens
14-02-2018, 04:50 PM
I suppose every club has this element in it, even us. Though to be honest I cant recall ever hearing one of our black players abused in this way, or even an opposition player ... you could cite the Skacel song I suppose, but the folk singing it probably didn't even consciously think of it as a racist song ( for me the jury is still out on that one ) to be honest the lack of awareness of modern European history it displayed was far more embarrassing.

Before the 2012 cup final there was a bunch of neds outside the east stand at Hampden giving it the 'Edinburgh is wonderful' song ... I thought by the look of them that Edinburgh would be far more wonderful if they moved out ... but I have to say that's the last time I ever heard anything like that, thankfully.

It cant be denied that Hearts seem to have a lot more of a problem with sectarian and racial abuse than we do, not to mention a bit of an ultra 'right wing' element in their support. But I for one wont be tarring them all with the same brush any more than I would want to be associated with the neds outside of Hampden that day ... they didn't represent the vast majority of the Hibs support any more than the bigots Goncalves is talking about represent the majority of Jambos. The most rabid Yam I know is about as left wing an anti racist as you will get with absolutely no time whatsoever for the Billy boy stuff.

The only time I remember hearing a Hibs player suffering racism from Hibbies was Kevin Harper although he was playing a blinder and the racist in question was actually trying to be supportive, just in the most cringingly un-PC way possible. He was put right by several around him. :rolleyes:

EastCalderHibby
14-02-2018, 04:50 PM

DESPERATE to be pure hun rather than a diet hun

Northernhibee
14-02-2018, 05:07 PM
TBF at the league cup final against Ross County an absolute idiot referred to Liam Fontaine as "the darkie". Didn't see exactly who it was who shouted it as would have reported it otherwise.

This shouldn't be used for point scoring over another support - if anyone identifies someone in the stand as shouting something similar then they need to report it. I'm sure someone nearer to the person would have seen them.

Depressing that this still exists in 2018.

14-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Covering this now on Sportsound.

LustForLeith
14-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Not really wanting to go into too much detail but was once involved with something to do with Hearts fans. And a small section of those were disgusting in their racial views, oblivious to the race of their own players.

The bad thing is every club has an idiot element.

kaimendhibs
14-02-2018, 05:39 PM
Hmmm i'm not so sure. He was brutal and got a hard time from a lot of their fans. Hope there's no truth in it.They never threw bananas at Mark Walters either.......

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

14-02-2018, 05:47 PM
They never threw bananas at Mark Walters either.......

Was supposedly youngsters that were involved, they'd be roughly in their 40s now so could be some of the same guys that were abusing Goncalves.

Iggy Pope
14-02-2018, 05:54 PM
TBF at the league cup final against Ross County an absolute idiot referred to Liam Fontaine as "the darkie". Didn't see exactly who it was who shouted it as would have reported it otherwise.

This shouldn't be used for point scoring over another support - if anyone identifies someone in the stand as shouting something similar then they need to report it. I'm sure someone nearer to the person would have seen them.

Depressing that this still exists in 2018.

The one and only time I came close to scrapping with a fellow Hibby was at Pittodrie when the same reference was used. Earl Jean might have been the target.

hibsbollah
14-02-2018, 05:58 PM
There's one scrawny ****er with ginger hair who has been in the east for years and used to stand near to me using the n and c words about Bobo Balde. I still see him at games. Also saw and heard some old radge banging on about spearchuckers prior to the Tynie Derby five or six years ago. Thankfully nothing since then, but definitely not good to be complacent. These sort of idiots rock up at any club where they think they can get away with it.

givescotlandfreedom
14-02-2018, 06:00 PM
I overheard some cringey racist stuff aimed at Djoum at the last couple of recent derbies. Idiots, particularly drunken ones, inevitably make a full of themselves.

HIBERNIAN-0762
14-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Racist and sectarian ****.

Did you see the STV report? muppets saying "he wasn't a very good player" so that makes it al right then? ****ing ********s!

The holier than thou halo has slipped, the yam loving media must be cringing.

The wee cabbage patch doll needs to get the correct statement ready cos it ain't gonna go away.

As a foot note I see that work at "The Office" still isn't finished, only in yam lala land as usual.

Roll on the next derby!

1van Sprou7e
14-02-2018, 06:06 PM
Racist and sectarian ****.

Did you see the STV report? muppets saying "he wasn't a very good player" so that makes it al right then? ****ing ********s!

The holier than thou halo has slipped, the yam loving media must be cringing.

The wee cabbage patch doll needs to get the correct statement ready cos it ain't gonna go away.

As a foot note I see that work at "The Office" still isn't finished, only in yam lala land as usual.

Roll on the next derby!

Was this just on TV or can I find it online?

Iggy Pope
14-02-2018, 06:08 PM
AllisBarry here to mop up:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-issue-strong-statement-on-esmael-goncalves-racism-claims-1-4688832

Barry says it’s a ‘strong’ statement, so that’s ok.

But it doesn’t seem to address racist abuse directed at Isma at all? Only that any future incidents should be reported.

Nicely swept under the carpet there...

I'd like to start by calling Barry a cheesy faced Nazi throwback ****.
Nice.

heidtheba
14-02-2018, 06:12 PM
I don't know if things have changed, but when I looked on KB most of the posts were condemning racism in all forms against all players. Yes, there's a more than audible level of the sectarian stuff but the Hearts fans I know personally have no truck with that either.

CRAZYHIBBY
14-02-2018, 06:17 PM
I witnessed a small minority in the west stand making monkey noises at latapy whilst he was warming up for rangers....some fans are just ********s

kaimendhibs
14-02-2018, 06:26 PM
I overheard some cringey racist stuff aimed at Djoum at the last couple of recent derbies. Idiots, particularly drunken ones, inevitably make a full of themselves.Heard it too

Sammy7nil
14-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Hearts fans still sing the "Edinburgh song" absolutely Terrible

Keith_M
14-02-2018, 07:07 PM
Sounds horrible and hope the idiots get booted out.

However, I'm not sure if Uzbekistan is the best option to be heading to to escape racist abuse.

Funny but I was just thinking the same.

I'm sure every club has it's share of racists and it's up to the rest of us to make it clear it's not acceptable.

kaimendhibs
14-02-2018, 08:33 PM
From a few of our fans or their's?Ours

mjhibby
14-02-2018, 09:01 PM

They will claim no doubt that they are just a few 90 minute bigots at the pbs the same as my jambo pal,one of the sane ones, said he's never heard them singing up to our necks at er until I showed him the whole hertz end singing it about 18 months ago. He was at the game too and can't honestly remember it. Shows this sort of nonsense is accepted as part of the scene at the pbs so no doubt the racism congalves suffered was just met with a shrug of the shoulders. What a horrible club and support. Should be ashamed of themselves but as we all know they don't do shame

Deansy
14-02-2018, 10:07 PM
Cracking post in the EEN forum sums them up perfectly -

'Tynie where neo-fascism meets the golf club'

Jack Hackett
15-02-2018, 08:58 AM
They've given up the diet and gone full fat

Green Reaper
15-02-2018, 10:39 AM
Now being reported on Sky News with Levein

15-02-2018, 10:55 AM

What was the joker saying about it? Just having a bit of banter and pointing stuff out was he?

Gatecrasher
15-02-2018, 11:01 AM

What was the joker saying about it? Just having a bit of banter and pointing stuff out was he?

He probably blamed it Scott Brown.

IGRIGI
15-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Surely this won't be tolerated at the club of Gary Mackay?!?!

HoboHarry
15-02-2018, 01:06 PM
It says quite a bit about Craig Levein that the player could not confide in him and Levein is now admitting that having talked to his players, he has discovered that it was not an isolated incident. So everyone knew except you Craig? Aye right......

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43066666

ekhibee
15-02-2018, 01:14 PM
It says quite a bit about Craig Levein that the player could not confide in him and Levein is now admitting that having talked to his players, he has discovered that it was not an isolated incident. So everyone knew except you Craig? Aye right......

That's the thing that gets me, is he honestly trying to say he's never noticed or heard racist abuse from the stands? And it's not like it's the first time, they've got form.

surreyhibbie
15-02-2018, 01:25 PM
I don't know if things have changed, but when I looked on KB most of the posts were condemning racism in all forms against all players. Yes, there's a more than audible level of the sectarian stuff but the Hearts fans I know personally have no truck with that either.

The mistake we (and I) make is assuming that KB is a general reflection of the rest of the Yam population

some of the stuff over there is pretty depressing. The ones I know are nowhere near that bad.

maybe they are ok with me because they are relatives though *blush*

madbadlad
15-02-2018, 02:37 PM
Shocking what happened to Goncalves and family, but i was disgusted at the "Rudi refugee" nonsense of a few years back. Idiotic chants and comments must be condemned.

Pete
15-02-2018, 03:34 PM

A they need to do is take an exception to dogs and we’ve got the full set.

Clerie Green
15-02-2018, 03:40 PM

What point are you trying to make ?

Phil MaGlass
15-02-2018, 03:43 PM
The same fans that threw bananas at Mark Walters.

Iggy Pope
15-02-2018, 03:46 PM
What point are you trying to make ?

Its an old boarding house / landlord thing mate.
Prospective lodgers and tenants would be deterred by the aggressive posting on the door:
NO IRISH
NO BLACKS
NO DOGS

Something the establishment used to keep the minorities (and dogs) down, in less civilised times.
Johnny Rotten used it as the title for his autobiography.

WoreTheGreen
15-02-2018, 03:48 PM

What about black Irish setters

Clerie Green
15-02-2018, 03:49 PM
Its an old boarding house / landlord thing mate.
Prospective lodgers and tenants would be deterred by the aggressive posting on the door:
NO IRISH
NO BLACKS
NO DOGS

Something the establishment used to keep the minorities (and dogs) down, in less civilised times.
Johnny Rotten used it as the title for his autobiography.

Cheers for that , remember that now , was on a different wavelength. :aok:

Carheenlea
15-02-2018, 04:17 PM
Gary Mackay wasn't making monkey noises at him was he?

Iggy Pope
15-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Gary Mackay wasn't making monkey noises at him was he?

I reckon he has the instinct, personality and the IQ to make that call, so maybe.

truehibernian
15-02-2018, 04:23 PM

To be fair to Craig Levein (I can't believe I said that) had he been made aware I am 100% sure he would have supported his player(s). Without going into any details he dealt with an incident a friend of mine was involved in years ago (with a player) and he was excellent the way he handled it and dealt with it. He may be many things to many people, and say some ludicrous things to antagonise other managers and fans, however I have to concede he doesn't stand for any nonsense (based on my experience).

hibbychick1
15-02-2018, 05:26 PM
I’m disgusted at a level beyond the fact that it’s hearts supporters. They are supporting a Scottish team and it reflects on us as a nation.

Famous Fiver
15-02-2018, 05:58 PM
I can't wait for Gary Mackay's next article in the Evening News condemning this behaviour.

Oh, wait..................

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-02-2018, 07:28 PM
I can't wait for Gary Mackay's next article in the Evening News condemning this behaviour.

Oh, wait..................

Aye, Rent-a-Hertz-Mouthpiece 'Medals MacKay' has been uncharacteristically quiet on this sordid affair.

matty_f
15-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Shocking what happened to Goncalves and family, but i was disgusted at the "Rudi refugee" nonsense of a few years back. Idiotic chants and comments must be condemned.

Glad you brought that up. Seems relevant.

givescotlandfreedom
15-02-2018, 08:33 PM

It has been on this thread

Onion
16-02-2018, 09:21 AM
A serious accusation about racism is raised by an ex-player and Levein’s immediate concern is that the guy didn’t talk to him about it !! Levein the narcassist has managed to make it all about him again. His feelings have been hurt and he wasn’t given the opportunity to help sweep this under the **** pile at Tynecastle along with all the other ugly incidents that have plagued this club over the last 10 years. Like the Huns, Hearts had a great chance to hit the reset button when they went bust, but have chosen instead to nurture their sense of entitlement and self-importance at the expense of all others. Horrible club, horrible people.

What’s wrong with **** pile carpet 😳

Onceinawhile
16-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Not an isolated incident according to the other players at tynie.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-esmael-goncalves-claim-may-not-be-isolated-incident-1-4689367

calumhibee1
16-02-2018, 09:59 AM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-boss-esmael-goncalves-claim-may-not-be-isolated-incident-1-4689367

Not surprised in the slightest. And they have the cheek to refer to us as vermin while the majority of their stadium sing bigoted songs and some shout racist abuse at their own players.

green day
16-02-2018, 10:30 AM

"Hearts responded with a forceful statement promising to ban any fans found guilty"

Aye, alright Anne - so nobody in the white elephant stand noticed players being abused but once Isma mentions it they take action? Pathetic.

Lennon's pre match press conference this week when he was asked about racist abuse - he said it did happen but not as much as sectarian abuse which seems to get less publicity.

Racism is awful, but NL is bang on the money.

Kato
16-02-2018, 10:32 AM
Not surprised in the slightest. And they have the cheek to refer to us as vermin while the majority of their stadium sing bigoted songs and some shout racist abuse at their own players.

Hearts are making quite the song and dance about this. Fair play if they are determined to do something about it.

Look here for Leslie Deans take - “The vast majority of Hearts fans show no signs whatsoever of racial prejudice or, indeed, religious bigotry,” he pointed out. “I made it very clear when I was chairman of Hearts 20 years ago that the club would not tolerate religious bigotry in any shape or form. The same goes for racial discrimination."

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-will-welcome-all-players-says-former-chairman-deans-1-4689124

So in between being Hearts Chairman and being arrested for money laundering during Vlad's tenure he's gone around the whole Hearts support and tested them to see if they are bigots.

I'm sure I've heard quite a chunk of the Hearts support singing Anti-Catholic songs whether he "tolerates" it or not. Maybe next time it happens Craig, Anne and Leslie will rush to make "it won't happen again/I'm appalled" statements.

1875er
16-02-2018, 10:41 AM
If Levein spent more time concentrating on his own players rather than having a weird fascination with other teams then his player might have felt comfortable going to him about his concerns.

lyonhibs
16-02-2018, 10:59 AM
If Levein spent more time concentrating on his own players rather than having a weird fascination with other teams then his player might have felt comfortable going to him about his concerns.

Goncalves probably didn't fancy becoming the 21st century Graeme Hogg.

1875er
16-02-2018, 11:07 AM
Goncalves probably didn't fancy becoming the 21st century Graeme Hogg.

:take that:take that:take that:take that:take that:take that

Brightside
16-02-2018, 11:48 AM
They don't seem to condemn the the FTP chants at Tynecastle. Though tbf the press don't seem that bothered reporting on sectarian abuse which is a much bigger issue in Scotland.

FilipinoHibs
16-02-2018, 11:57 AM
They don't seem to condemn the the FTP chants at Tynecastle. Though tbf the press don't seem that bothered reporting on sectarian abuse which is a much bigger issue in Scotland.

yes the anti gay stuff is repugnant to and tolerated.

I'm Spartacus
16-02-2018, 12:42 PM
Terrible. All clubs have them, but I would expect a player who receives abuse, or a family member hears the abuse, to report it straight away to the management team and the club security/police. If you don't you could end up with an Evra moment.

Radium
16-02-2018, 01:05 PM
A serious accusation about racism is raised by an ex-player and Levein’s immediate concern is that the guy didn’t talk to him about it !! Levein the narcassist has managed to make it all about him again. His feelings have been hurt and he wasn’t given the opportunity to help sweep this under the **** pile at Tynecastle along with all the other ugly incidents that have plagued this club over the last 10 years. Like the Huns, Hearts had a great chance to hit the reset button when they went bust, but have chosen instead to nurture their sense of entitlement and self-importance at the expense of all others. Horrible club, horrible people.

What’s wrong with **** pile carpet [emoji15]

The quote I saw was

"I was obviously sad and slightly embarrassed that Isma didn't feel he could come to me and talk about it," he said. "That's on me and it's something I need to look at.

"If we have a player who has been struggling and has suffered racial abuse, then I need to make it easier for him to come and speak to me and talk about it.”

Whilst it was about him, I saw it as an acceptance that he had been part of the problem - because he was not approachable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
16-02-2018, 01:32 PM
The quote I saw was

"I was obviously sad and slightly embarrassed that Isma didn't feel he could come to me and talk about it," he said. "That's on me and it's something I need to look at.

"If we have a player who has been struggling and has suffered racial abuse, then I need to make it easier for him to come and speak to me and talk about it.”

Whilst it was about him, I saw it as an acceptance that he had been part of the problem - because he was not approachable.

:agree: as much as I'd like to give Levein a verbal kicking on this, he's responded very well and his statement said what needed to be said. (Although sitting on a toilet for over an hour on end as he allegedly likes to do, gives you plenty of time to compose these things, I suppose)...

Tornadoes70
16-02-2018, 01:35 PM
Terrible. All clubs have them, but I would expect a player who receives abuse, or a family member hears the abuse, to report it straight away to the management team and the club security/police. If you don't you could end up with an Evra moment.

There must have been loads of yams sitting near the Goncalves family who heard the racist abuse yet sat on their hands without reporting the sickos and as good as joined in. I feel really sorry for Goncalves and his family who probably felt very scared and apprehensive in reporting these vile racists. It should have been the yam fans who reported it as they must have heard the abuse being hurled from their 'fellow supporters'. Sickening stuff.

mon the cabbage!!!

mjhibby
16-02-2018, 01:54 PM
There must have been loads of yams sitting near the Goncalves family who heard the racist abuse yet sat on their hands without reporting the sickos and as good as joined in. I feel really sorry for Goncalves and his family who probably felt very scared and apprehensive in reporting these vile racists. It should have been the yam fans who reported it as they must have heard the abuse being hurled from their 'fellow supporters'. Sickening stuff.

mon the cabbage!!!

Some on sickbag even suggesting he made up the stories. And those bananas thrown at mark Walters didn't happen too and Queen budge wants a family atmosphere at the the pbs. I don't know whether this is their attempt at some sort of jambo humour. Such a sad club and a horrible reflection on their support. I'd be utterly gobsmacked if any hibs fans behaved like this and would like to think the culprits would have been pointed out to stewards. There are bad elements in all supports. Some have a far bigger percentage like hertz and sevco.

Tornadoes70
16-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Some on sickbag even suggesting he made up the stories. And those bananas thrown at mark Walters didn't happen too and Queen budge wants a family atmosphere at the the pbs. I don't know whether this is their attempt at some sort of jambo humour. Such a sad club and a horrible reflection on their support. I'd be utterly gobsmacked if any hibs fans behaved like this and would like to think the culprits would have been pointed out to stewards. There are bad elements in all supports. Some have a far bigger percentage like hertz and sevcoS.

Well said. Totally agree and its simply factual that they clubs generally have more of these sickening type of 'supporters' than any other club in Scotland.

mon the cabbage!!!

ben johnson
16-02-2018, 02:34 PM
Some on sickbag even suggesting he made up the stories. And those bananas thrown at mark Walters didn't happen too and Queen budge wants a family atmosphere at the the pbs. I don't know whether this is their attempt at some sort of jambo humour. Such a sad club and a horrible reflection on their support. I'd be utterly gobsmacked if any hibs fans behaved like this and would like to think the culprits would have been pointed out to stewards. There are bad elements in all supports. Some have a far bigger percentage like hertz and sevco.

Delivered to a works where Mark DeVries was referred to as The C**n in Maroon by the jambo who took delivery.

ancient hibee
16-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Back in the 1950s Hearts had to ask in their programme that fans stop barracking Jimmy Wardaugh,for many years their all time top scorer.He was going through a bad patch,missing chances.It wasn’ t said officially but many Hearts fans thought it was really because he was a catholic and so couldn’t be cut any slack.

Onion
16-02-2018, 04:02 PM
The quote I saw was

Precisely... less upset about the issue of racism than the fact that he (Levein) was unapproachable !!! As if that was the main problem here :rolleyes:

Nope, Hearts are ducking the issue - as they've done with most of the abhorrent stuff that goes on in Tynecastle. But then again, what can you expect when club officials are spouting nonsense like "natural order" to appease the animals among their support ?

Baader
16-02-2018, 04:40 PM
They've always had a pretty s***my element. Remember this

https://www.scotsman.com/news/hearts-say-sorry-for-fans-who-booed-pope-tribute-1-707315

All supports have their share of idiots but Hearts seem to have a higher proportion of knuckledragging racist bigots than most.

Fuzzywuzzy
16-02-2018, 06:10 PM
I actually find it concerning that a lot of their fans seem to think the whole things a lie and completely made up. The thread they have on it is a total car crash!!

WoreTheGreen
16-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Hello hello we’re not the racist boys
Hello hello you’ll never hear our noise
The only black we all like is wee halfwit called Ian
We play in a tiny ground and ran by a twat called Levien

calumhibee1
19-02-2018, 09:04 AM
http://bit.ly/2EtPgad

Hearts fan posts racist poem about Goncalves on Twitter, majority of replies are Jambos telling him how his poem is “brilliant” etc. Same guy put up a song about Jay Beattie dying a few months back aswell. They really are a horrific club.

MSK
19-02-2018, 09:35 AM
http://bit.ly/2EtPgad

Hearts fan posts racist poem about Goncalves on Twitter, majority of replies are Jambos telling him how his poem is “brilliant” etc. Same guy put up a song about Jay Beattie dying a few months back aswell. They really are a horrific club.I know the guy William Stewart, thicker than mince, surprised he even managed to type that

Diclonius
19-02-2018, 09:38 AM

The fact that they use "vermin " as an insult suggests a superiority complex, so accompanying racist/bigoted abuse isn't surprising.

Dashing Bob S
19-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Jambos want to be like Huns. Which is like aspiring to have the mind of David Beckham in the body of Stephen Hawking.

SRHibs
19-02-2018, 11:20 AM
The fact that they use "vermin " as an insult suggests a superiority complex, so accompanying racist/bigoted abuse isn't surprising.

That’s a bit of a reach.