PDA

View Full Version : NHC Great coaching

Ozyhibby
13-02-2018, 08:35 PM
https://www.coachesvoice.com/outliers/

Nothing to. Do with Hibs but I thought it was a great read and shows what can be achieved at smaller clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy7nil
13-02-2018, 10:46 PM
Good well written article. I have read something about him before on here.

Peevemor
13-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Good read (if a bit short). Cheers for that.

Is It On....
13-02-2018, 11:47 PM
https://www.coachesvoice.com/outliers/

Nothing to. Do with Hibs but I thought it was a great read and shows what can be achieved at smaller clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great article.

hibsbollah
14-02-2018, 07:18 AM
It's a great story. English Premiership clubs would do well to give him a try instead of the Allardyce/Pardew/Hodgson/Hughes conveyor belt.

JimBHibees
14-02-2018, 08:04 AM
Really good website that interesting articles and interviews with coaches.

hibs#1
14-02-2018, 08:51 AM
It's a great story. English Premiership clubs would do well to give him a try instead of the Allardyce/Pardew/Hodgson/Hughes conveyor belt.

I agree with you but the knives would be out very quickly if he wasn't getting instant success in England it's hard enough for named managers of they don't start well. It strange to me how many managers keep getting work down there on 30% win ratios all the time.

cocteautwin
14-02-2018, 09:00 AM
Interesting. It's like the Ian Cathro story (but without the delusion).

MWHIBBIES
14-02-2018, 09:11 AM

Pardew and Hughes sure, maybe even Big Sam but Hodgson is a very good manager who has done impressive things with clubs like Palace, Fulham, West Brom. Not one of the "boys" at all.

Pretty Boy
14-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Pardew and Hughes sure, maybe even Big Sam but Hodgson is a very good manager who has done impressive things with clubs like Palace, Fulham, West Brom. Not one of the "boys" at all.

I'd day Allardyce is very good at what he does as well. He maybe comes across as a bit of a dinosaur but he was one of the 1st managers in England to really embrace sports science and technology. Bolton were one of the clubs that really led the way with resources like Pro Zone.

Scorrie
14-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Great read. I had heard about this bloke before and what he had done. Be interesting to see if he ever gets one of the big football jobs. Might be better suited to Italy or Germany rather than the uk but you never know

hibsbollah
14-02-2018, 11:11 AM
I'd day Allardyce is very good at what he does as well. He maybe comes across as a bit of a dinosaur but he was one of the 1st managers in England to really embrace sports science and technology. Bolton were one of the clubs that really led the way with resources like Pro Zone.

I don't really have a problem with the individuals, I like Roy Hodgson, and you can argue the toss about fat Sam's pros and cons, it's the revolving door old boys network I dont understand. As has been said, a 30% win ratio isn't going to set any pulses racing, and Sam in particular lives off the 'never been relegated' thing. OK, but what has he ever actually won? Keeps the hedge fund managers happy though.

greenlex
14-02-2018, 12:39 PM
Successor to Lennon when it’s time or do we think he is a step above us already?

Sammy7nil
14-02-2018, 12:44 PM
Successor to Lennon when it’s time or do we think he is a step above us already?

I would say he would be looking for something bigger, just a guess though

Peevemor
14-02-2018, 12:55 PM

I would say he would be looking for something bigger, just a guess though

Booooo! I was looking forward to SJM & Bartley singing the flower duet.

murray26
14-02-2018, 04:05 PM
That was a great wee read.. I think he’s almost guaranteed a shot with a bigger club given his achievements so far..