PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard (so-called) warriors

twiceinathens
13-02-2018, 07:50 AM
Fans forums by there very nature tend to show passionately held opposing views. Think of the analysis of the abilities of Lewis Stevenson. How many times have you read post-match comment and wondered if you were at the same game? Fans are amazingly fickle. The potential champions League winners know that they are only a couple of bad results from being wage thieves who should never be allowed near a Hibs shirt. Fans are also paranoid to some extent, convinced of belief that our team is persecuted by the press and other media and subject to incompetent, even corrupt match officials.
But that is the purpose of a forum. However I believe that even taking into account the "political correctness gone mad" argument and the dismissive "grow a pair snowflake" view there should be a limit.
Now let's not pretend that we are models of rectitude. I remember being embarrassed at a recent game at Alloa when a goalkeeper about to take a goalkick was accused of " looking like a paedophile".
But for mindless foulmouthed bigotry nothing can match The Bear's Den on Rangers Media. Despite an appeal from the moderators of the site to stop personal abuse it reached a new low. A four letter curse, far from being replaced by astersisks was printed in capital letters, followed by a hope that the referee would "catch aids and die" sets up the general tone.
Yes you can hear "industrial language" at any game and in society in general but this borders on the criminal. And does the media mention it?
Perhaps you feel that the best policy is "Sticks and stones".
Is there any practical solution?
I welcome your response.

Spike Mandela
13-02-2018, 08:05 AM
**** off ya ****!!!��

Looper
13-02-2018, 08:09 AM
Moan then!

Peevemor
13-02-2018, 08:17 AM
Shut yer puss!

NAE NOOKIE
13-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Folk on here disagreeing with me are lucky its not real life .... I could batter anybody, I'm f'ing handy :take that

iwasthere1972
13-02-2018, 05:13 PM
:giruy2:

Hibbyradge
13-02-2018, 05:24 PM
I couldn't agree with you more.

Everyone else is a tosser.

Bostonhibby
13-02-2018, 05:26 PM
Folk on here disagreeing with me are lucky its not real life .... I could batter anybody, I'm f'ing handy :take thatYou should see the size of my keyboard. Can take on anyone with it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

iwasthere1972
13-02-2018, 05:30 PM
I couldn't agree with you more.

Everyone else is a tosser.

Loads of tossers, especially today. Frying pan at the ready.

sleeping giant
13-02-2018, 06:03 PM
You should see the size of my keyboard. Can take on anyone with it.

:hilarious

HoboHarry
13-02-2018, 07:28 PM
You should see the size of my keyboard. Can take on anyone with it.

Ha, bet your wife's keyboard is harder than yours...

Bostonhibby
13-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Ha, bet your wife's keyboard is harder than yours...Wheesht. Don't say anything. I'm dead in the water if she finds out I'm playing with the interweb hard men again[emoji4]

HoboHarry
13-02-2018, 07:46 PM
Wheesht. Don't say anything. I'm dead in the water if she finds out I'm playing with the interweb hard men again[emoji4]

All wives are mean, mine is always shouting at me. You would think that at some point she would get used to me wearing her underwear..

😁

Bostonhibby
13-02-2018, 07:49 PM
All wives are mean, mine is always shouting at me. You would think that at some point she would get used to me wearing her underwear..

[emoji16]Your secrets safe on Hibs. Net.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Fans forums by there very nature tend to show passionately held opposing views. Think of the analysis of the abilities of Lewis Stevenson. How many times have you read post-match comment and wondered if you were at the same game? Fans are amazingly fickle. The potential champions League winners know that they are only a couple of bad results from being wage thieves who should never be allowed near a Hibs shirt. Fans are also paranoid to some extent, convinced of belief that our team is persecuted by the press and other media and subject to incompetent, even corrupt match officials.
But that is the purpose of a forum. However I believe that even taking into account the "political correctness gone mad" argument and the dismissive "grow a pair snowflake" view there should be a limit.
Now let's not pretend that we are models of rectitude. I remember being embarrassed at a recent game at Alloa when a goalkeeper about to take a goalkick was accused of " looking like a paedophile".
But for mindless foulmouthed bigotry nothing can match The Bear's Den on Rangers Media. Despite an appeal from the moderators of the site to stop personal abuse it reached a new low. A four letter curse, far from being replaced by astersisks was printed in capital letters, followed by a hope that the referee would "catch aids and die" sets up the general tone.
Yes you can hear "industrial language" at any game and in society in general but this borders on the criminal. And does the media mention it?
I welcome your response.

Would be interesting to pull a few threads from the earliest incantation of Hibs.net.

There would be no trolling
There probably would be more actual names
Not too sure about other teams posting
There would be match reports
There might be someone from a far flung location like an arctic station or Saskatchewan.
It would be emoji free
It might not be too bad a place to hang out for a while and feel better about the world.

I blame progress - but heck since it brought the Scottish Cup I’ll deal with it :)

SRHibs
13-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Would be interesting to pull a few threads from the earliest incantation of Hibs.net.

There would be no trolling
There probably would be more actual names
Not too sure about other teams posting
There would be match reports
There might be someone from a far flung location like an arctic station or Saskatchewan.
It would be emoji free
It might not be too bad a place to hang out for a while and feel better about the world.

I blame progress - but heck since it brought the Scottish Cup I’ll deal with it :)

Or bickering and corruption, so much so that a big portion of the userbase split off and formed the Bounce.

I miss Rivals.net, those were the true halcyon days!

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2018, 08:36 PM
Or bickering and corruption, so much so that a big portion of the userbase split off and formed the Bounce.

I miss Rivals.net, those were the true halcyon days!

Gutted I lost my Hibs list emails on discussion groups...

Hibrandenburg
13-02-2018, 10:22 PM
Anyone who resorts to keyboard hardmanship (just made that word up I think) loses all credibility.

Pete
13-02-2018, 11:16 PM
In the old days, keyboard hard-men had boundaries.

This new breed of smartphone and tablet hard men are a different kettle of fish.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-02-2018, 11:25 PM
Anyone who resorts to keyboard hardmanship (just made that word up I think) loses all credibility.

Did they evolve or is it devolve from hurling abuse during he Miller era?

Can just hear the tones of David Attenborough : “and hear foraging around the online forums is a neo-threatius-keyboardicus.... strutting around and waiting for the rutting season to reach its peak in a blur of frenzied posturing in the end signifying nothing”

Is It On....
13-02-2018, 11:51 PM
I welcome your response.

The moderators as they call themselves are just bad as the rest...would love to know just what it takes to get banned. The other thing is that these guys look down on amd sneer at Follow Follow for it's low quality 😂😂

Greenfly
14-02-2018, 12:10 AM
I welcome your response.

Generally agree with this - some decent points but I disagree with this gross generalisation that "fans are amazingly fickle". Tam Cowan trots out this nonsense like his favourite mantra on Off the Ball but just because he likes the sound of it doesn't mean it's true. Most fans I know (and not just Hibbies) are far from fickle. In fact some are so entrenched in their views that they could maybe do with being a bit more fickle. As for the more venomously abusive tirades they generally come from folk who don't have the wit to respond any other way.

madabouthibs
14-02-2018, 12:10 AM
Don't do the keyboard warrior thing, waste of time, I have a tablet, with a touch screen....,, and if any of you ****s try touching it......
Well, I'll be cracking out "the mouse"! 😁

CRAZYHIBBY
14-02-2018, 12:14 AM
Chuck norris doesnt need a key board

NAE NOOKIE
14-02-2018, 11:21 AM
Chuck norris doesnt need a key board

He doesn't wear a watch because he decides what time it is :greengrin

Thecat23
14-02-2018, 11:26 AM
I’m harder than all of you... I once fought Superman and the loser had to wear his underpants on the outside. 😎