PDA

View Full Version : Yams "Every time he got the ball I felt excited"..........

vuefrom1875
12-02-2018, 01:05 PM
So says Potter on his new hertz starlet, 16 year old Anthony McDonald.... Hmmmmm😙

Dashing Bob S
12-02-2018, 01:07 PM
So says Potter on his new hertz starlet, 16 year old Anthony McDonald.... Hmmmmm😙

Typical Jambo boss hyperbole. Rix used to say the same about new talent.

Bostonhibby
12-02-2018, 01:12 PM
So says Potter on his new hertz starlet, 16 year old Anthony McDonald.... Hmmmmm[emoji11]He must be able to kick it higher than the school view lounge

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

xyz23jc
12-02-2018, 02:11 PM

To be fair to the Rolfmeister, I'll feel exactly the same when the Bartman goes right through him en route to Hibs scoring again against the Famous! :greengrin:thumbsup::agree:

Is It On....
12-02-2018, 03:12 PM

Ouch..

Hibby soldier
12-02-2018, 03:19 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-harry-cochrane-and-anthony-mcdonald-good-enough-for-epl-1-4687665

cleanyman
12-02-2018, 03:20 PM
Maybe they are?

We will find out soon enough.

SmashinGlass
12-02-2018, 03:22 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-levein-harry-cochrane-and-anthony-mcdonald-good-enough-for-epl-1-4687665

In my view he's placing an awful lot of pressure on the shoulders of two kids. Very unfair. Whilst he may believe they have a good deal of potential, by continually getting focus put onto them, he's potentially doing them a lot of damage.

The man is an absolute clown.

green day
12-02-2018, 03:23 PM

If I was their dad I would be pissed off with CL, as he is simply setting them up for a fall - they are 16 years old and have played a handful of times.

Levein is a fud.

Bishop Hibee
12-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Hype them up and sell them to pay the stand off. Levein really is the roaster’s roaster.

Pretty Boy
12-02-2018, 03:37 PM
He could be right. To play at that sort of level you really need to be playing regularly in Scotland, or at a similar level, at a young age.

Fletcher was in the Hibs 1st team squad at 17, McCarthy and McArthur were playing for Hamilton at 16, Andy Robertson was playing regularly for Dundee Utd at 19, Paterson for Hearts at 18 and so on.

There's the odd exception of the late developer but if you are still only around the fringes of a Scottish Premiership squad in your early 20s chances are you have fpund your level or are going to find it on the way down rather than the way up.

Both the players Levein has named are, green tinted specs off, good young players and may well make it. At this stage of their development they are at the right level to have the potential to do so.

lord bunberry
12-02-2018, 03:46 PM
Any time I’ve seen them they haven’t looked out of place, but they haven’t stood out either. The fact they’re holding there own at such a young age is testament to their talent, but ****ty breeks is jumping the gun big time here.

McSwanky
12-02-2018, 03:52 PM
Manager talks up his own players shocker...

Jack Hackett
12-02-2018, 04:02 PM
This is the guy who wouldn't give Jordan Rhodes a game for Scotland because he was 'too young' at 22.

Screw loose somewhere.

eastmainsmsh
12-02-2018, 04:09 PM
rolf harris lookalike

tamig
12-02-2018, 04:20 PM
This is the guy who wouldn't give Jordan Rhodes a game for Scotland because he was 'too young' at 22.

Screw loose somewhere.

Is that true? I didn’t think it was an age thing with Rhodes.

Smartie
12-02-2018, 04:28 PM
"Could go all the way to the EPL" might mean getting half a dozen games off the bench for Huddersfield or Swansea.

I'd have thought that that should be well within the reach of a couple of players who are holding their own in the Scottish Premier as 16 year olds.

He's not tipped them for Champions League medals or transfers to Barcelona.

Craig Levein is a gimp who talks utter pish, but I don't think he's said anything unreasonable here.

Diclonius
12-02-2018, 04:31 PM
Ah good, the latest "LOL, LEVEIN'S SAID SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!" thread this week.

Couldn't give a toss about what he says until next time we play them. The only thing about the derby that matters is beating them and being above them.

Sergio sledge
12-02-2018, 04:38 PM
He could be right. To play at that sort of level you really need to be playing regularly in Scotland, or at a similar level, at a young age.

Fletcher was in the Hibs 1st team squad at 17, McCarthy and McArthur were playing for Hamilton at 16, Andy Robertson was playing regularly for Dundee Utd at 19, Paterson for Hearts at 18 and so on.

There's the odd exception of the late developer but if you are still only around the fringes of a Scottish Premiership squad in your early 20s chances are you have fpund your level or are going to find it on the way down rather than the way up.

Both the players Levein has named are, green tinted specs off, good young players and may well make it. At this stage of their development they are at the right level to have the potential to do so.

100%, if a youngster wants to go down to the EPL they need to be playing regularly in the SPL by 18/19 years old, so to be doing it at 16 is a good start for them.

Levein is putting a huge amount of pressure on them though, I think he'd be managing them totally differently if Hearts weren't having to pay for their new stand. He is talking them up to boost their value as they are Hearts' next saleable assets. If they didn't have a shortfall in the funding for the stand then he probably would have signed some journeymen to play instead of them and wouldn't have them anywhere near the first team IMHO.

hibsbollah
12-02-2018, 04:39 PM
I've had a bit of fun with Jambo mates about 'Zico' Cochrane, or 'Socrates' Cochrane, the new Zidane, enter your own hyperbolic nonsense :greengrin but to be honest I was very impressed with him the couple of times I've seen him. Looks like he's going to be a player. I think Levein is a suppository chomping, scraggle faced, cludgie hogging disgrace to the human race, but he's said nothing untoward there.

Sioux
12-02-2018, 04:40 PM
Typical hertz behaviour. Next instalment will be putting a £Xm value on the players. In fact maybe a 'come and buy them' invite based on potential only.

hibsbollah
12-02-2018, 04:41 PM
He's already described young Harry as a 'handsome young man' after the derby. Which needs no further comment really. He's done well at blooding in youngsters, as has been mentioned à few times already :agree:

HoboHarry
12-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Ouch..
That's what they said I imagine given their age......

kaimendhibs
12-02-2018, 04:53 PM
Scary stuff.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

kaimendhibs
12-02-2018, 04:55 PM
He just can't keep his mouth shut just now. His team are ***** but he keeps getting more and more vocal

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
12-02-2018, 04:59 PM
I'll feel exactly the same when the Bartman goes right through him :greengrin:thumbsup::agree:

This is getting unseemly.

Clerie Green
12-02-2018, 05:00 PM
Please play both of them against us !

:flag::nlgwa:flag:

EastCalderHibby
12-02-2018, 05:19 PM

rolf and getting excited about young boys Hmmmmm indeed

Deansy
12-02-2018, 05:22 PM

Ha-ha-ha - if even half of their 'Thrilling prospects' had ever materialised, then we all wouldn't be moaning about the 'Old S**M' monopolising our game - our neighbours would be damned near unbeatable !. The first one I can remember was in the 60's/70's and they had a young player - Eric Carruthers - who they assured the world, was going to be 'something very special' ............... he was with them 6 years, scored an almighty 9 - yup NINE - goals - which wouldn't be too bad a total for a defender or a midfielder but the 'something very special' Carruthers was a forward !

Levein must be having sessions with Jabba - his interviews/statements are becoming more and more ludicrous with every passing day !

HibbiesandtheBaddies
12-02-2018, 05:52 PM
rolf harris lookalike

:agree: Constantly going on about 'Two Little Boys'... :duck:

greenlex
12-02-2018, 06:05 PM
Weirdo.

lapsedhibee
12-02-2018, 06:18 PM
He just can't keep his mouth shut just now. His team are ***** but he keeps getting more and more vocal

Keeping his profile high so that the SFA know he's still around, and still a manager.

GreenNWhiteArmy
12-02-2018, 07:17 PM
There are a million and one things we can slag Levein the loser for.

Choosing to infer because of a Lookalike or historic employees is in my opinion, really really ***** patter and a bit hun like. But each to their own!

Levein is a total cock and I hope he starts his 2 Ballon D'or nominees in March

SirDavidsNapper
12-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Heard the same thing about Kevin McHattie and Scott Robinson

poolman
12-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Ha-ha-ha - if even half of their 'Thrilling prospects' had ever materialised, then we all wouldn't be moaning about the 'Old S**M' monopolising our game - our neighbours would be damned near unbeatable !. The first one I can remember was in the 60's/70's and they had a young player - Eric Carruthers - who they assured the world, was going to be 'something very special' ............... he was with them 6 years, scored an almighty 9 - yup NINE - goals - which wouldn't be too bad a total for a defender or a midfielder but the 'something very special' Carruthers was a forward !

Levein must be having sessions with Jabba - his interviews/statements are becoming more and more ludicrous with every passing day !

I played against Carruthers several times, he was good but nothing exceptional,

Got found out in the 0-7 game

Or was it the new year bevy that did that :hmmm: :greengrin

Brooster
12-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Heard the same thing about Kevin McHattie and Scott Robinson

Correct. Its a continual cycle with these cranks. Throw them in then hype them up in a bid to get them capped then sold. Same old same old. Let them dodge away with 16/17 year olds every week because they will lose or draw more than they win if they do so. We have the best two teenagers in Edinburgh in Porteous and Murray and Lennon is managing them perfectly although I would like to see Murray getting more game time.

Mibbes Aye
12-02-2018, 07:55 PM

I would agree with that. Hanlon and Stevenson were both playing with a degree of regularity at eighteen. IIRC Hanlon was fast-tracked into the first-team squad from a very strong dev team and his peers.

Over the years we have had young players who showed up tremendously at dev level and had their supporters - Damon Gray, Jordan Cropley, Jamie McCluskey to name three - but who weren't able to consolidate a a place at the top level. Maybe a reminder of just how well Stevenson and Hanlon have done.

vuefrom1875
12-02-2018, 08:06 PM
"Could go all the way to the EPL" might mean getting half a dozen games off the bench for Huddersfield or Swansea.

I'd have thought that that should be well within the reach of a couple of players who are holding their own in the Scottish Premier as 16 year olds.

He's not tipped them for Champions League medals or transfers to Barcelona.

Craig Levein is a gimp who talks utter pish, but I don't think he's said anything unreasonable here.

Aye right... Still an a##e!

vuefrom1875
12-02-2018, 08:11 PM

Should have put hertz 1up before the cave in 😀

Deansy
12-02-2018, 08:25 PM

I think they got carried away with his blond, curly-hair/blue-eyes while they were hilariously sporting that Ajax-style top - they probably thought that if he looked Dutch ...................

eastterrace
12-02-2018, 08:54 PM

Don’t think he played in that game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eastterrace
12-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Should have put hertz 1up before the cave in [emoji3]

Was Donald ford that should have scored , don’t think curruthers played in that game

lapsedhibee
12-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Was Donald ford that should have scored , don’t think curruthers played in that game

"At half-time, Hearts introduced Andy Lynch for Eric Carruthers, but there wasn't much improvement from a team that was totally demoralised at that stage. The 36,000 fans at least saw plenty of goals this time in contrast to the goalless affairs of past seasons – even if it was one-sided."

Green forever
12-02-2018, 09:32 PM

Could be wrong but I thought it was Donald Park.

lapsedhibee
12-02-2018, 09:37 PM
Could be wrong but I thought it was Donald Park.

"Jim Brown was the one Hearts player who tried to compete with Hibs but he couldn't raise much response around him. It might have been closer if either Tommy Murray or Donald Park had scored in the first five minutes before Hibs began to display their devastating striking power."

eastterrace
12-02-2018, 09:53 PM
"At half-time, Hearts introduced Andy Lynch for Eric Carruthers, but there wasn't much improvement from a team that was totally demoralised at that stage. The 36,000 fans at least saw plenty of goals this time in contrast to the goalless affairs of past seasons – even if it was one-sided."

I was at the game to but can’t remember curruthers playing , then again it was a green blur that day

poolman
12-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Don’t think he played in that game

He did, I think his top was covered in sweat, or the previous nights bevy, even when he came on at the start of the game ��

Hibrandenburg
12-02-2018, 10:46 PM

:agree: Blood them young. There's only so much experience you can gain in training, you need to put theory to practise and if they're good enough for the first team then they're good enough.

Deansy
13-02-2018, 01:34 AM
I was at the game to but can’t remember curruthers playing , then again it was a green blur that day

Fitting - sums up his career !