PDA

View Full Version : Bartley and McGinn

HibernianJK
12-02-2018, 09:30 AM
Just been told by a mate that if Marv or John get booked in either of our next 2 matches they would miss the derby due to being banned for 2 games. Can anyone confirm this?

hibee_girl
12-02-2018, 09:35 AM
It’s only if they get booked this Saturday against Aberdeen that they’ll miss the derby

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-midfield-duo-walking-derby-suspension-tightrope-1-4687209

Sir David Gray
12-02-2018, 09:35 AM
If they get booked on Saturday then yes but not against Kilmarnock as it takes 14 days for the suspension to kick in and the derby is 13 days after the Kilmarnock game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they both get booked on Saturday. McGinn seems to get booked in every game.

hibsmad
12-02-2018, 09:41 AM
:brickwall

There's hardly a game goes by that McGinn doesn't get booked.

Best behaviour this week, John!

CRAZYHIBBY
12-02-2018, 09:48 AM
When i saw The heading i thought it was going to be another training ground bust up lol

JimBHibees
12-02-2018, 09:50 AM
If they get booked on Saturday then yes but not against Kilmarnock as it takes 14 days for the suspension to kick in and the derby is 13 days after the Kilmarnock game.

I wouldn't be surprised if they both get booked on Saturday. McGinn seems to get booked in every game.

Some of johns bookings have been ridiculous. Interesting timing iof the article.

MB62
12-02-2018, 09:50 AM
Aberdeen game is more important, we are looking up the league not down. If SJM is suspended we will just stick Swannie in there in his place :greengrin

Billy Whizz
12-02-2018, 09:55 AM
McGinn’s facing a 2 game ban

heretoday
12-02-2018, 09:55 AM
Aberdeen game is more important, we are looking up the league not down. If SJM is suspended we will just stick Swannie in there in his place :greengrin

How about sticking Swannie in against Aberdeen and resting McGinn? I'd rather beat the Hearts than Aberdeen. Sorry if this shows a lack of ambition!

BoomtownHibees
12-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Some of johns bookings have been ridiculous. Interesting timing iof the article.

Surely the timing is because it’s this Weekends game they’re talking about no?

Smartie
12-02-2018, 10:14 AM
I hate the idea of players walking a tightrope trying not to get booked.

If he gets booked and misses the derby, so be it.

We can't go into this game anything other than 100% committed.

A result against Aberdeen could be massive.

MWHIBBIES
12-02-2018, 10:34 AM
How about sticking Swannie in against Aberdeen and resting McGinn? I'd rather beat the Hearts than Aberdeen. Sorry if this shows a lack of ambition!Or win every game, that works as well.

DarlingtonHibee
12-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Personally I would prefer he faced the jambos

Smartie
12-02-2018, 10:59 AM
Personally I would prefer he faced the jambos

If it was a straight choice then yes, I'd rather he faced the Jambos.

But there's a chance he could play his normal game and manage to face both of them.

If the price of getting him to face the Jambos is him not being 100% against Aberdeen then tbh I'd rather he didn't play.

I would be telling him to button his lip though - he gets booked for a heavy tackle, persistent fouling anything like that then that's one of those things.

If he gets booked for something like dissent then I'd be raging.

confused
12-02-2018, 11:18 AM
What if ————- he gets “ rested “ and his replacement plays a blinder ? . .? Who plays the next week. ? ?

WeeRussell
12-02-2018, 11:24 AM
What if ————- he gets “ rested “ and his replacement plays a blinder ? . .? Who plays the next week. ? ?

In the extremely unlikely event that Lennon would be daft enough to leave out McGinn in one of our toughest home games of the season for fear of him getting a suspension ahead of the derby... his replacement playing too well would be the least of his worries.

IGRIGI
12-02-2018, 11:37 AM
I'd bench both just to wind up Levein.

Geo_1875
12-02-2018, 12:02 PM
I'd bench both just to wind up Levein.

If neither player is booked against Aberdeen Levein will be telling the Evening News that they did it on purpose.

McBHibee
12-02-2018, 12:42 PM
With GMS, Ryan Christie and Stevie May not being shy when it comes to creative tumbling, a lot will depend on what referee gets inflicted on us!

bod
12-02-2018, 12:50 PM
How about sticking Swannie in against Aberdeen and resting McGinn? I'd rather beat the Hearts than Aberdeen. Sorry if this shows a lack of ambition!

get the same 3 points for beating either.
play him against Aberdeen & if he gets booked then so be it, its a squad game nowadays anyway

JimBHibees
12-02-2018, 01:06 PM
Surely the timing is because it’s this Weekends game they’re talking about no?

Just not aware we get this sort of chat with other teams. Wouldn't rule out Hearts raising this.

KeithTheHibby
12-02-2018, 01:18 PM
Just been told by a mate that if Marv or John get booked in either of our next 2 matches they would miss the derby due to being banned for 2 games. Can anyone confirm this?

I would ask Levein. He seems to know a lot about potential bans.

JimBHibees
12-02-2018, 01:31 PM
get the same 3 points for beating either.
play him against Aberdeen & if he gets booked then so be it, its a squad game nowadays anyway

Totally agree changes nothing if either or both are out someone else comes in. Certainly can't be playing Aberdeen with anything other than full commitment.

JimBHibees
12-02-2018, 01:33 PM
I would ask Levein. He seems to know a lot about potential bans.

He probably put the story out there.

pacoluna
12-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Best team available regardless of opposition, next game is always the most important.

Spike Mandela
12-02-2018, 02:08 PM
Hearts entire team must be at risk of suspension, the dirty *******s.😎

green day
12-02-2018, 02:18 PM

Sadly they appear to be able to foul twice as many times before being booked......so they probably don't have any key players "on a tightrope".

Sir David Gray
12-02-2018, 02:32 PM

The Hearts player with the worst record is Lafferty - 8 yellows and 1 straight red. After that it's Souttar and Brandon.

John McGinn and Graeme Shinnie are the most booked players in the league, both have 11 bookings this season. Although Shinnie is apparently suspended for Saturday so I don't quite understand how McGinn is able to play when they have the same disciplinary record.

I'm Spartacus
12-02-2018, 02:49 PM
IMO normally we should have been aware of this before BUT then we had to go all out at Ibrox, it'll be cool. Just play the normal game and concentrate on the Dons. I'll not be happy if Lenny panders to the Hearts and rests them, we should be looking up and not down.

tamig
12-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Just not aware we get this sort of chat with other teams. Wouldn't rule out Hearts raising this.

Think you’re being overly sensitive. The EEN has always reported on players “walking the tightrope” and who’re in danger of missing a big game. No anti-Hibs agenda here.

Big_Franck
12-02-2018, 05:29 PM
I'd rest them both. The derby is the biggest game we've got left this season. I'd play a midfield 3 of McGeouch, Allan and Slivka. Boyle and either Swanson or McLaren wide and Kamberi up front.

The Leith Dutch
12-02-2018, 05:53 PM

Always good to beat them and, with their current state, also a chance to blood young players ;)

hfc rd
12-02-2018, 05:55 PM
I'd rest them both. The derby is the biggest game we've got left this season. I'd play a midfield 3 of McGeouch, Allan and Slivka. Boyle and either Swanson or McLaren wide and Kamberi up front.

I have to disagree with the part that you have mentioned stating that that the derby is the biggest game we’ve got left this season. Every game prior and after the derby is a big game for us. Starting with this weekends game against Aberdeen.

Hibeewilly
12-02-2018, 05:56 PM
The Aberdeen game is a bigger game than Hearts IMO and we should be going all out to get the three points. We are still in the hunt for 2nd and 3rd in the league so if McGinn or Bartley get booked so be it. McGeouch and Allan will have too much for Hearts anyway:agree:

SirDavidsNapper
12-02-2018, 06:28 PM
The Aberdeen game is a bigger game than Hearts IMO and we should be going all out to get the three points. We are still in the hunt for 2nd and 3rd in the league so if McGinn or Bartley get booked so be it. McGeouch and Allan will have too much for Hearts anyway:agree:

Yup. A win against the sheep will be a massive signal of intent for the rest of the season where as a win against Hearts is expected.

Souter96Mac
12-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Could probably get away without playing Marv on Saturday, but he's key for the derby.

Sir David Gray
12-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Winning this game on Saturday is huge if we have any aspirations for improving our current position in the league.

If we lose we'll go 11 points behind Aberdeen and possibly 8 points behind Sevco. It would be unlikely that we would turn that around.

Win, however, and the gap becomes 5 points on the pair of them. Considering we still have them both to play after the split (hopefully) then it would be very doable.

Whatever happens in the derby, we can't let it affect how we approach this game on Saturday. We should be looking to play our strongest available side in every game.

Clerie Green
12-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Winning this game on Saturday is huge if we have any aspirations for improving our current position in the league.

If we lose we'll go 11 points behind Aberdeen and possibly 8 points behind Sevco. It would be unlikely that we would turn that around.

Win, however, and the gap becomes 5 points on the pair of them. Considering we still have them both to play after the split (hopefully) then it would be very doable.

Whatever happens in the derby, we can't let it affect how we approach this game on Saturday. We should be looking to play our strongest available side in every game.

This .

:rolleyes::flag::flag:

Hibeesmad
12-02-2018, 06:57 PM
Play both on Saturday.

Hibeewilly
12-02-2018, 07:36 PM
Play both on Saturday.
I think he may well go without Bartley on Saturday H especially if McGregor and Hanlon are fit which they are expected to be. I would leave him on the bench.......I don't think we need him in this game

Carheenlea
12-02-2018, 09:07 PM

I'd bet that Neil Lennon hasn't given Hearts a moments thought the last week, and his focus will all be for Aberdeen on Saturday. Strongest team to counter Aberdeen in the managers opinion will be played.

ancient hibee
12-02-2018, 09:23 PM
I'd bet that Neil Lennon hasn't given Hearts a moments thought the last week, and his focus will all be for Aberdeen on Saturday. Strongest team to counter Aberdeen in the managers opinion will be played.
:top marks

And rightly so.

SunshineOnLeith
12-02-2018, 09:42 PM
Aberdeen are better than Hearts, so we should probably play our best players.

Just Jimmy
12-02-2018, 10:26 PM
best players from those available will be selected to fit the managers tactics.

for Hearts the same shall apply. If McGinn and Marv are amongst both group then even better.

6 pts from 6 please.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Stupid bookings for them both at Ibrox, especially McGinn’s. Hopefully doesn’t cost us

AZhibee
13-02-2018, 12:21 AM
Tell Bartley not to celebrate too exuberantly when he scores.😀

Borderhibbie76
13-02-2018, 12:42 PM
How about sticking Swannie in against Aberdeen and resting McGinn? I'd rather beat the Hearts than Aberdeen. Sorry if this shows a lack of ambition!It does show a lack of ambition am afraid ...why on earth would we not play SJM against the 2nd best team in league...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Brightside
13-02-2018, 01:20 PM
It should be the best team we can field in every single game.

Ron D Hibbie
13-02-2018, 02:28 PM
It should be the best team we can field in every single game.

Andrew Dallas is the ref for saturday. Not looking good for mcginn
And bartley with this clown in charge.

BlackSheep
13-02-2018, 04:02 PM
I’m not sure Bartley will be in the starting 11 regardless of his booking situation, the team that played the majority of the Rangers game (the first half at least) deserve to keep their places, but with McGregor and Hanlon potentially returning it could be Bartley who loses his place....

hibee_girl
17-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Both made it through the game today without being booked so are fine for the derby :aok:

hibbyfraelibby
17-02-2018, 06:02 PM
Both made it through the game today without being booked so are fine for the derby :aok:

Notice Mav came on late for SJM the manager realised it was getting meaty and brought SJM to protect him and put Marv on knowing the tef wouldnt have enough time to book him. Good Squad management.

Monts
18-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Notice Mav came on late for SJM the manager realised it was getting meaty and brought SJM to protect him and put Marv on knowing the tef wouldnt have enough time to book him. Good Squad management.

I felt it was slightly risky. There wasn't a real need to bring Marv on. Was glad to see Mcginn withdrawn though. Levein will be raging :greengrin

lapsedhibee
18-02-2018, 02:16 PM

or walking a tightrope again against Hamilton in case they get a red? :dunno:

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-02-2018, 02:22 PM
Could tell McGinn was being cautious. He didn’t jump into challenges as much as usual. Didn’t make him any less effective though

one day maybe...
18-02-2018, 02:31 PM
If McGinn gets booked next week, is it the 3 games before the split he would miss?

Deansy
18-02-2018, 02:41 PM
It's well seeing how yesterday's result has affected our 'media' as every paper today has West Ham after SJM. Some of the headlines read as if the transfer-window ISN'T closed and they're going to be signing him tomorrow - the fear that the Hun could miss out on Europe has obviously greatly increased !

Since90+2
18-02-2018, 02:59 PM
If McGinn gets booked next week, is it the 3 games before the split he would miss?

Is he a booking away from a 3 game ban? Thought it would just be one game.

Monts
18-02-2018, 03:02 PM
Is he a booking away from a 3 game ban? Thought it would just be one game.

I think it's 2 is it not?

Billy Whizz
18-02-2018, 03:24 PM
I think it's 2 is it not?

It’s 2

Jack Hackett
18-02-2018, 03:42 PM
It’s 2

I'm almost hoping he earns them on March 9th by going through Levein's love child

WoreTheGreen
18-02-2018, 03:44 PM
I'm almost hoping he earns them on March 9th by going through Levein's love child

Cathro playing?

ALF TUPPER
18-02-2018, 04:07 PM

Bit of banter in the West yesterday about this.

A Hibby started calling over to Lennon to "sub him".
Lennon came over to the guy and asked him what he was on about?...."sub who?"

He replies " McGinn, the game is done. Get him off before he gets booked. He'll miss the Hearts game".

Everyone had a laugh , including Lennon.

Next thing, Bartley on and McGinn off.

Lennon , with a huge smile on his face, then looks for the guy in the stand who was calling to him and tells him to come down to the dugout. Gesturing they can swap places.😂

Gary Parker and the rest of the bench were having a right good laugh at the antics of the Hibs support and the manager.

So there you have it....Game management for Lennon comes courtesy of the boy in the West stand.

Who says supporters haven't a clue?

Lennon clearly enjoys being at Hibs.

weecounty hibby
18-02-2018, 04:59 PM
There was one point in the second half when we were two up and Aberdeen broke, SJM was chasing the player with the ball and I was screaming " don't get booked, don't get booked" thought he had a great game yesterday, looks much more in control when Dylan and Allan are playing beside him

Northernhibee
18-02-2018, 05:49 PM
Cathro playing?

TBF Cathro has played his part in as many title deciders as Levein.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
18-02-2018, 08:37 PM

He replies " McGinn, the game is done. Get him off before he gets booked. He'll miss the Hearts game".

Lennon , with a huge smile on his face, then looks for the guy in the stand who was calling to him and tells him to come down to the dugout. Gesturing they can swap places.😂

Gary Parker and the rest of the bench were having a right good laugh at the antics of the Hibs support and the manager.

So there you have it....Game management for Lennon comes courtesy of the boy in the West stand.

:greengrin Quality!

Changed days indeed, if that had been back in the Butcher days, sour face Malpas would've been wanting a scrap!

marinello59
18-02-2018, 08:44 PM

We’ve just been discussing that. Made an enjoyable afternoon even better. Great to see Lennon so relaxed.