As if they aren't already gutter journalists

CallumLaidlaw
10-02-2018, 11:47 AM
Looks like they’ve rightly had a hard time about it

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180210/53bfdb1908855cc201b90a7b665a057f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since90+2
10-02-2018, 11:48 AM
What did the report say? Can't see it on the phone.

heidtheba
10-02-2018, 11:49 AM
As if they aren't already gutter journalists

Almost totally irrelevant, generally distasteful, possibly motivated by something utterly petty and Old-Firm-ish. Bang on the money for the DR then it would seem.
Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Benny Brazil
10-02-2018, 11:49 AM
Looks like they’ve rightly had a hard time about it

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180210/53bfdb1908855cc201b90a7b665a057f.jpg

Yeah just saw that - bit late though - who ever agreed to release that as a story needs booted

HFCdeb
10-02-2018, 11:52 AM
What an absolute disgrace.

Tornadoes70
10-02-2018, 11:53 AM
I'm quite certain that a huge majority from every club in Scotland save for a tiny minority of hard-line **** would be appalled at their disgusting attempt to comment on skewed irrelevancy at such a time. I would hope someone could clarify at some point just exactly who this 'journalist' is. I've never liked that rag.

mon the cabbage!!!

lord bunberry
10-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Gutter press at its best. No wonder people have stopped reading it.

SirDavidsNapper
10-02-2018, 11:59 AM
****my paper. Haven't opened any DR link since the 2016 Scottish cup final lies.

Pete
10-02-2018, 12:04 PM
I’m no fan of the Daily Record but I’m not sure that headline was meant as malicious.

I suppose it can be taken out of context.

Ozyhibby
10-02-2018, 12:04 PM
Happens too often to be a mistake. They would never have done that to a former Rangers player.

InchHibby
10-02-2018, 12:06 PM
I stopped reading this rag, online also, years ago and that other pile of trash that comes from the same city. Gutter press at its best. The guy that printed that headline regarding Liam is obviously a Hun, this is how bigoted these people are.
RIP Liam, my thoughts are with your family at this sad time. 💚💚💚

Pretty Boy
10-02-2018, 12:07 PM
I’m no fan of the Daily Record but I’m not sure that headline was meant as malicious.

I thought the same. It read more like a very clumsy attempt at a 'it can happen to anyone' story rather than being delivered with any malice.

Simkin911
10-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Pathetic journalism - and I use that 2nd word very loosely.

fat freddy
10-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Rangers fanzine ran by Rangers fans.

snooky
10-02-2018, 12:28 PM
Terrible tragedy trivialised by the DR headline.
Whether intentional or not, it was totally inappropriate, insensitive and inexcusable.

Baader
10-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Hun mouthpiece. Sooner they're out of circulation the better. Take that other Murdoch piece of s@#t with you.

CRAZYHIBBY
10-02-2018, 12:48 PM
not a paper i would ever buy, pro rangers rag

Flyingwaitor
10-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Truely awful. Insensitive. Heartless. Disrespectful. Wrong.
Liam Miller and his family deserve far better.
Whoever ok'd this disgrace should hold their head in shame

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

The Spaceman
10-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Pathetic gutter journalism. How anyone can work for the Daily Record with any sense of self-worth, respect or pride is beyond me. Joke of a paper which will be consigned to the history books before long. Ban them from ER.

.Sean.
10-02-2018, 01:10 PM
The Sun also state that apparently Tam McManus was a team mate of his despite leaving four years before Miller signed, then state he's a dad of one.

If you're going to write about a sensitive subject in the immediate aftermath then at least get your facts right. Disgusting 'journalism'.

Elephant Stone
10-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Truely awful. Insensitive. Heartless. Disrespectful. Wrong.
Liam Miller and his family deserve far better.
Whoever ok'd this disgrace should hold their head in shame

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Their paper will be packed full of similar stuff, it's tabloids' reason for existence: intrusive, sensationalised clickbait with no thought spared for how it affects people or whether there is actually any real public interest/ truth in what's being printed. They plough the depths of decency every day to make money, they are utter filth.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2018, 01:15 PM
The Sun also state that apparently Tam McManus was a team mate of his despite leaving four years before Miller signed, then state he's a dad of one.

If you're going to write about a sensitive subject in the immediate aftermath then at least get your facts right. Disgusting 'journalism'.

The BBC article also stated McManus and Miller were Hibs team mates.

In the grand scheme of things it's insignificant but it's shoddy journalism.

CropleyWasGod
10-02-2018, 01:27 PM
As an aside, but to underline the point. ...

I lost a friend and colleague this week, at the tragically young age of 39. On the day the news of her death broke, the DR ran a story having a go at the very sector of society she campaigned for.

****s

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

southsider
10-02-2018, 01:42 PM

I do. someone needs sacked for this. DR is a rag.

basehibby
10-02-2018, 01:44 PM
I don't get what's so offensive about that TBH - facile yes but maybe I'm insensitive or something but I don't see what's so offensive. DR is undoubtably a horrible joke of a paper though - not even fit to wipe yer arse with before May 2016 never mind after.

Actually I get it now - Liam was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer some time back - something which the "journalist" was completely ignorant of going by the tone of the tweet. Not exactly offensive unless you are offended by amatuerish drivel masquerading as journalism.

we are hibs
10-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Can anyone give a valid reason why the daily record aren't banned from Easter road? Shouldve been done after the cup final.

WoreTheGreen
10-02-2018, 02:26 PM
Journalists/record contradicton of terms

Spike Mandela
10-02-2018, 02:42 PM

Why look for any sort of angle to reporting a tragic death like this at all. Disrespectful, insensitive and as others have said probably driven subliminally by some crass old firm prejudice. Pathetic.😖😖😖

kaimendhibs
10-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Ban that rag from E.R

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
10-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Barstewards, pure and simple hun barstewards.

Joe6-2
10-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Even a rag is useful for something, this ‘news’ paper is good for nothing.
I said at the time of the cup win that they should be banned from ER, and the Hibs board should have refuted its coverage much more strongly than it did!!

The Baldmans Comb
10-02-2018, 03:55 PM
Despite everything and especially the cup final lies you will still see Hibs supporters reading or quoting the "Record".:confused:

Some football supporters of all clubs just have no self respect.

Steve-O
10-02-2018, 07:58 PM

Neither. The Record can of course publish some garbage, but I think the outrage here has been way OTT due to misinterpretation. I actually still don’t know what people are getting at?

Steve-O
10-02-2018, 08:00 PM
Why look for any sort of angle to reporting a tragic death like this at all. Disrespectful, insensitive and as others have said probably driven subliminally by some crass old firm prejudice. Pathetic.😖😖😖

I’m not seeing any OF angle here at all? Totally puzzled by this assertion.

I’m reading it as before he was diagnosed with cancer, he was living a great life in the US, had shared this with his mates, and then this has been tragically taken away from him.

bingo70
10-02-2018, 08:07 PM
I’m not seeing any OF angle here at all? Totally puzzled by this assertion.

I’m reading it as before he was diagnosed with cancer, he was living a great life in the US, had shared this with his mates, and then this has been tragically taken away from him.

I thought the same.

I was surprised by the reaction and was even more surprised by the apology from them.

I despise the paper but didn’t find the headline as insensitive as most others, including themselves did.

IGRIGI
10-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Probably could've worded it better but I think it's clear that they were trying to show that he was living it up in the US before his tragic death.

One Day
10-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Can anyone give a valid reason why the daily record aren't banned from Easter road? Shouldve been done after the cup final.

I would have banned then too,I have never bought one since the cup final lies. I even refused free ones at airports. Utter rag

JimBHibees
10-02-2018, 09:12 PM
Probably could've worded it better but I think it's clear that they were trying to show that he was living it up in the US before his tragic death.

Really absolutely putrid headline.

Jim44
10-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Despite everything and especially the cup final lies you will still see Hibs supporters reading or quoting the "Record".:confused:

Some football supporters of all clubs just have no self respect.

Fair statement. Yet many of the folk on here, who proclaim to denounce and reject the rag, often ask others to quote what they’re saying. Kind of double standards in my book. :dunno:

Wee Effen Bee
10-02-2018, 09:33 PM
The original is an old story and was a bit of banter between Liam and his mates. They weren’t jealous, they were enjoying the craic and generally slagging each other off. Why the **** of a newspaper would want to bring it up again is anyone’s guess. It isn’t new and it certainly isn’t news! I do have an issue with this and I really don’t understand why others think it’s OK. They brought up an old news item just after a young guy dies from a horrible disease? Next they will be hacking his phone. Total ****s!

pacorosssco
10-02-2018, 09:58 PM

and long before. Answer is Rod Petrie. To get then keep SFA role and now be a key cog in SFA he must play to their beat.

JimBHibees
10-02-2018, 10:56 PM
The original is an old story and was a bit of banter between Liam and his mates. They weren’t jealous, they were enjoying the craic and generally slagging each other off. Why the **** of a newspaper would want to bring it up again is anyone’s guess. It isn’t new and it certainly isn’t news! I do have an issue with this and I really don’t understand why others think it’s OK. They brought up an old news item just after a young guy dies from a horrible disease? Next they will be hacking his phone. Total ****s!

Couldn't agree more. Despicable

Glory Lurker
10-02-2018, 11:14 PM
Fair statement. Yet many of the folk on here, who proclaim to denounce and reject the rag, often ask others to quote what they’re saying. Kind of double standards in my book. :dunno:

Absolute opposite, i’d say. They (we) want to know what they are saying without giving the publication the click. That helps them pull in advertising.

lord bunberry
10-02-2018, 11:15 PM
Neither. The Record can of course publish some garbage, but I think the outrage here has been way OTT due to misinterpretation. I actually still don’t know what people are getting at?
I’m not sure what the record we’re getting at. A man has died from cancer at 36. The record put out a story about him boasting about his life in the US. At a push I can imagine they were trying to show that very recently he was living a happy life and now he’s dead. Even if that’s the case, I still can’t see why they would do that the day after he died. Maybe in a few days with a more in-depth story to back it up. Which ever way you look at it it’s in extremely poor taste.

Steve-O
11-02-2018, 12:14 AM
I’m not sure what the record we’re getting at. A man has died from cancer at 36. The record put out a story about him boasting about his life in the US. At a push I can imagine they were trying to show that very recently he was living a happy life and now he’s dead. Even if that’s the case, I still can’t see why they would do that the day after he died. Maybe in a few days with a more in-depth story to back it up. Which ever way you look at it it’s in extremely poor taste.

When else were they going to print it? I don’t see the story as accusing him of ‘boasting’. I see it as saying he did what everyone does when they go abroad - take photos, put them on Facebook or whatever, and show you’re having a good time. The story was maybe relatively pointless but not ‘despicable’ and all the rest of it.

SRHibs
11-02-2018, 12:42 AM
It’s a bit of a doss headline, but I look at it as an effort to highlight how fickle life is, and how quickly things can change for the worse. A simple story would’ve been better, but I don’t think it’s ill-intentioned.

dirtydirk
11-02-2018, 08:02 AM
I think the problem is that the headline can be perceived by some as ‘Liam miller was acting an ar$e hole prior to his death’. I know and most people know that’s now how it was intended but in this situation the headline should never cause any doubt or debate about its message

Tobias Funke
11-02-2018, 08:06 AM
It’s a bit of a doss headline, but I look at it as an effort to highlight how fickle life is, and how quickly things can change for the worse. A simple story would’ve been better, but I don’t think it’s ill-intentioned.

Agreed, it’s a badly worded headline, nothing malicious. It’s probably a sign of the declining standard of journalism in this day and age.

CropleyWasGod
11-02-2018, 01:15 PM
The DR have now issued an apology for the headline, and taken it down.

I'm still waiting for even an acknowledgement of my complaint to them about my own issue. Thankfully, I have better things to get on with and can proceed in the warmth of knowing that I've still got plenty reason for hating them. 🤣

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Fisherrow Harp
12-02-2018, 12:19 AM
Ban that rag from E.R

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

It should get the same treatment as the sun does in Liverpool, god awful paper

SirDavidsNapper
12-02-2018, 08:20 AM

This

SirDavidsNapper
12-02-2018, 08:22 AM
People like Keith Jackson have never been brought to task about the lies of May 16. Boils my blood. This is the latest shambles.

One Day
12-02-2018, 09:50 AM

I agree