PDA

View Full Version : Stokesy

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Off to Greece it seems according to Facebook Hibs alerts.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/ex-hibs-and-celtic-striker-anthony-stokes-agrees-deal-with-greek-club-1-4686832

Hi Heid Yin
09-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Good luck Stokesy.
Hey, I did my stupid, immature things a long time ago and I would like to think that nobody still holds them against me.

SaulGoodman
09-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Stay off the Ouzo

IGRIGI
09-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Good luck.

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-02-2018, 07:25 PM
All the best stokesy - hibs legend

09-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Good luck Stokesy.

09-02-2018, 07:51 PM
I mean, he assaulted a guy, left him permanently damaged, then avoided paying the compensation - not exactly stupid and immature. We all sadly saw how an assault can pan out in the Shaun Woodburn case, and I’m sure we can all agree the perpetrator was a piece of ****.

If Stokes didn’t score those 2 goals on 21st May, or if he hadn’t pulled on a Hibs strip, I can’t imagine he would be very highly thought of here.

I don’t wish him bad luck, but I couldn’t give a **** if his career continued on its downward trend.

Clown

Danderhall Hibs
09-02-2018, 07:51 PM
If Stokes didn’t score those 2 goals on 21st May, or if he hadn’t pulled on a Hibs strip, I can’t imagine he would be very highly thought of here.

But he did so he’ll forever be thought of highly by many (or all?) of us.

Iggy Pope
09-02-2018, 08:02 PM
I mean, he assaulted a guy, left him permanently damaged, then avoided paying the compensation - not exactly stupid and immature. We all sadly saw how an assault can pan out in the Shaun Woodburn case, and I’m sure we can all agree the perpetrator was a piece of ****. I don’t think Stokes is a very good person at all.

I don’t wish him bad luck, but I couldn’t give a **** if his career continued on its downward trend.

If it wasn't for football and particularly his Hibs football, why would we be talking about him on here at all? You protest very loudly about being called out as a Hertz **** and I trust you're not. You don't half read like one though.

Please don't start all this garbage again. He's gone. And I for one am glad its not to a club in the Scottish Premier.

Hi Heid Yin
09-02-2018, 08:07 PM
I mean, he assaulted a guy, left him permanently damaged, then avoided paying the compensation - not exactly stupid and immature. We all sadly saw how an assault can pan out in the Shaun Woodburn case, and I’m sure we can all agree the perpetrator was a piece of ****. I don’t think Stokes is a very good person at all.

If Stokes didn’t score those 2 goals on 21st May, or if he hadn’t pulled on a Hibs strip, I can’t imagine he would be very highly thought of here. Not the type of person I like representing our club, and clearly Lennon and the board agree.

I was thinking more along the lines of Stokes' latest misdemeanour - the fire extinguisher incident that ultimately was one immature act too many for Hibs.
His legendary Scottish Cup final performance will never be forgotten as long as there is a Hibby and/or a history book around. His misdemeanours will.

SRHibs
09-02-2018, 08:13 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of Stokesy's latest misdemeanour - the fire extinguisher incident that ultimately was one immature act too many for Hibs.
His legendary Scottish Cup final performance will never be forgotten as long as there is a Hibby and/or a history book around. His misdemeanours will.

Fair enough.

shetlandhibee
all the best stoksey thanks for greatest day off my life:not worth:agree:

murray26
Good luck Stokesy.. never worked out this time but always a legend in my eyes.. as for SRHibs comments I can honestly say I haven’t read so much pish in all my life.. sad man and doubt very much you are indeed a Hibs fan.

Iggy Pope
09-02-2018, 08:18 PM
There, I deleted it.

I just don’t believe football trumps all. I’m not going to think he’s a great person deserving of my well wishes because he did his job (extremely)well on occasion. He’s shown time and again that he’s not a great person, and most recently taken the absolute piss out of our club.

Each to their own though. I genuinely couldn’t care less what team you or others think I support.

Bit odd posting so much on a football forum then, supporting a team being pretty prevalent on here.
Anyways, I'm sure the thread will be closed along with your post soon, like most of the Stokes discussions do. It's all got pretty boring.

Iggy Pope
09-02-2018, 08:21 PM
Pardon?

And yes, it has.

Like I said. Boring.

NAE NOOKIE
09-02-2018, 08:33 PM
Good luck to him, though if the expression 'you make your own luck' was ever appropriate its with Stokes. That's a line drawn under this for me, goodbye Anthony Stokes stupid sod, welcome back Anthony Stokes Hibs legend. :not worth

sauzee=legend
09-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Good luck Stokes!!
Keep your head down and let your football do the talking.

NORTHERNHIBBY
09-02-2018, 09:57 PM
Wish him well. Hopefully he can do himself justice. Lennon had to empty him. No matter what he does now, the Boss has done the right thing for the club and maybe for Stokes too.

Tornadoes70
09-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Good luck and best wishes to you Stokesy. Your performance in the Scottish Cup 2016 Time for Heroes will never be forgotten. Top man and forever Legend.

Cheers Stokesy!!!

:not worth

mon the cabbage!!!

Dashing Bob S
I’m sure when his career is over we’ll be talking about the fire extinguisher before the cup final goals.

SirDavidsNapper
Hibs legend. His cup final performance will get better and better as the years go on. My grandchildren will think he's a god.

SquashedFrogg
09-02-2018, 10:19 PM
There, I deleted it.

I just don’t believe football trumps all. I’m not going to think he’s a great person deserving of my well wishes because he did his job (extremely)well on occasion. He’s shown time and again that he’s not a great person, and most recently taken the absolute piss out of our club.

Each to their own though. I genuinely couldn’t care less what team you or others think I support.

Do you mind if I ask how old you are? Assuming in your early teens?

SquashedFrogg
09-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Hibs legend. His cup final performance will get better and better as the years go on. My grandchildren will think he's a god.

This 100%

SRHibs
09-02-2018, 10:39 PM
Do you mind if I ask how old you are? Assuming in your early teens?

Assuming you’re below the age of 5 based on your inability to read.

The Harp
09-02-2018, 10:40 PM
Good luck Stokesy! And thanks for the huge part you played in our Cup win, it will never be forgotten by the fans.
Sincerely hope you don't mess up this chance you've been given in Greece, there may not be another.
A' the best!

Swedish hibee
09-02-2018, 10:43 PM
Good Luck Stokesy💚

green with envy
09-02-2018, 10:48 PM
Clown

I was premature with my first reply - sorted now and you are indeed spot-on.

sleeping giant
09-02-2018, 10:55 PM

As will mine :agree:

He's welcome in my house anytime

Hi Heid Yin
09-02-2018, 10:56 PM
I’m sure when his career is over we’ll be talking about the fire extinguisher before the cup final goals.

:tee hee::tee hee:

SRHibs
09-02-2018, 11:02 PM

I’m not debating the fact that he’s forever going to be a legend in Hibs folklore, and of course I appreciate his cup final performance. I just think football fans are extremely hypocritical when it comes to transgressions we are willing to let slide in the name of football, especially when it comes to players of our own club.

Was definitely a bit OTT, and wrong to hijack a thread of people wishing him well to post my particular opinion. I’ll leave it at that.

CL0762
09-02-2018, 11:12 PM

Could it even get any better?

One of if not the best individual performances I’ve ever seen in a Hibs jersey.

Borderhibbie76
10-02-2018, 12:06 AM
Good luck Stokesy hope it works out for you in Greece...now and forever a Hibee Cup winning legend [emoji172]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

FilipinoHibs
10-02-2018, 12:07 AM
Good luck Stokesy hope it works out for you in Greece...now and forever a Hibee Cup winning legend [emoji172]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I fear this will end badly. new culture to adapt to and fresh temptations.

Tornadoes70
10-02-2018, 12:15 AM
I fear this will end badly. new culture to adapt to and fresh temptations.

Is it too much to ask to remember how this Hibernian Legend performed in Time for Heroes which was on a par with the 0-7 versus the swine at the piggery?

He's moved onto new pastures and I'm certain most of us Hibernian supporters wish him all the very best.

mon the cabbage!!!

BegbieHSC
10-02-2018, 12:20 AM
Good luck to a legend. So sad he had to go!

Tornadoes70
10-02-2018, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=Castle1875;5313057]Good luck to a legend. So sad he had to go![/QUOTE)

Nice quote Castle. What was your favourite moment of the legend Stokesy?

mon the cabbage!!!

neil7908
10-02-2018, 12:38 AM
I’m not debating the fact that he’s forever going to be a legend in Hibs folklore, and of course I appreciate his cup final performance. I just think football fans are extremely hypocritical when it comes to transgressions we are willing to let slide in the name of football, especially when it comes to players of our own club.

Was definitely a bit OTT, and wrong to hijack a thread of people wishing him well to post my particular opinion. I’ll leave it at that.

You have a point to some extent but ultimately footballers have done far worse than has. He's not my favourite Hibs player ever but he will always be a hero to us. Some of his off the field stuff has been very poor though.

HappyAsHellas
10-02-2018, 02:32 AM
Good luck with Apollon Mr stokes. I had the misfortune of watching them last season and I have never seen a team of divers, play actors and general little girls in all my days. Jamie Walker wouldn't get a game for them as he stays on his feet too much. All the best though, and thanks for 21/5/16.

FilipinoHibs
10-02-2018, 03:37 AM
Is it too much to ask to remember how this Hibernian Legend performed in Time for Heroes which was on a par with the 0-7 versus the swine at the piggery?

He's moved onto new pastures and I'm certain most of us Hibernian supporters wish him all the very best.

mon the cabbage!!!

you can wish him good luck and remember all the good moments from 3 spells but still recognise this guy is on a downward spiral. when he strayed to England look what happened to him. Greece will only be more problematic.

jax67
10-02-2018, 04:51 AM
All the best Stokesy!!

Hibeewilly
10-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Good luck Stokesy.....phenomenal performance on 21/5/2016.......that's what I'll remember mate. Hope to see you back at ER soon:not worth

hibs#1
10-02-2018, 09:36 AM
Wish him all the luck in the world will always remember those 2 goals no matter how disappointing it ended here.

PatHead
10-02-2018, 09:59 AM
The word is used too often these days but a true Hibs legend. Good luck with the rest of your career.

andybev1
10-02-2018, 10:01 AM
Good luck ya crazy *******!

--------
10-02-2018, 10:06 AM
Just a word of caution to his new team-mates - don't lend him any money.

WeeRussell
10-02-2018, 10:11 AM
But he did so he’ll forever be thought of highly by many (or all?) of us.

Exactly. I dare say we wouldn’t talk about 90% of people on this forum if they hadn’t wore a hibs strip.

What a ridiculous post that was.

--------
10-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Exactly. I dare say we wouldn’t talk about 90% of people on this forum if they hadn’t wore a hibs strip.

What a ridiculous post that was.

I don't consider it ridiculous.

Stokes is a gifted footballer who was a member of the team that won the Scottish Cup in 2016 - first time in my lifetime.

For that I'm grateful - to the whole team. The way some folks are posting it looks like Stokes was the only player on the field.

He has enough history to suggest strongly that he's not exactly the sort of guy you'd want living next door to you - or working beside you.

It appears that when someone disagrees with the pack about Stokes and his 'legendary' status, the pack turns on them.

I for one am very glad Stokes has left Easter Road and Hibernian.

So sue me.

WeeRussell
10-02-2018, 11:08 AM

Stokes is a gifted footballer who was a member of the team that won the Scottish Cup in 2016 - first time in my lifetime.

For that I'm grateful - to the whole team. The way some folks are posting it looks like Stokes was the only player on the field.

He has enough history to suggest strongly that he's not exactly the sort of guy you'd want living next door to you - or working beside you.

It appears that when someone disagrees with the pack about Stokes and his 'legendary' status, the pack turns on them.

So sue me.

I found it ridiculous that a Hibs fan wanted to rush into a thread to point out the bleeding obvious that if someone wasn’t a hibs player, or performed cup final heroics, he wouldn’t be highly thought of on here.

I also found linking the Shaun woodburn case fairly ridiculous, as well as “not giving a ****” about his career continuing downwards.

I never said anyone had to want to be his neighbour or even call him a legend, only that the earlier post was a ridiculous one. Given your other contribution was a cheap dig about borrowing money, I’m not surprised we are not in agreement.

No sueing required - many people are glad he has now gone. Again, I never said I had any issue with that.

Since90+2
10-02-2018, 11:13 AM
Stokes will go down as one of the biggest legends in the club's history due to his massive part in winning the cup final.

All the best Tony.

sleeping giant
10-02-2018, 11:14 AM

Aye well done Doddie :rolleyes:

Sometimes it's better to just say nowt.

cleanyman
10-02-2018, 11:53 AM

mon the cabbage!!!

Wasn't on par.

Cup final was superior.

Lago
10-02-2018, 12:15 PM
Wasn't on par.

Cup final was superior.
Were you at Tynie that day?

hibee_nation
10-02-2018, 12:29 PM

Pathetic

tamig
10-02-2018, 01:20 PM
Pathetic

I know. The Greek economy is still a bit of a state. No chance of players lending any money.

Sir David Gray
10-02-2018, 01:36 PM

So sue me.

Of course it is a team game and I regard the whole squad as legends. However I would go as far as saying that if it wasn't for Stokes' performance we wouldn't have won that day.

He certainly has his flaws and Lennon has my full backing that he has got rid of Stokes in the best interests of the club but I think it's important that we don't downplay how significant he was to us winning the cup.

J-C
10-02-2018, 05:41 PM
Can we please get over Stokes, we thank him for that wonderful day in May but he ****ed things up with his lousy attitude and carry on. Legend like all that team but please no more threads about him and all the bickering that ensues, enough already.

sleeping giant
10-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Can we please get over Stokes, we thank him for that wonderful day in May but he ****ed things up with his lousy attitude and carry on. Legend like all that team but please no more threads about him and all the bickering that ensues, enough already.

why do you care if folk don't want to "get over stokes "
:dunno:

J-C
11-02-2018, 07:47 AM
why do you care if folk don't want to "get over stokes "
:dunno:

How many threads do we need about him, it all ends in bickering and each one ends up the same, enough already he's gone and we move on.

One Day
11-02-2018, 08:51 AM
Good luck Stokesy.....phenomenal performance on 21/5/2016.......that's what I'll remember mate. Hope to see you back at ER soon:not worth

That's what he will always be remembered for. I hope he is welcomed back at some point

Golden Bear
11-02-2018, 09:11 AM
How many threads do we need about him, it all ends in bickering and each one ends up the same, enough already he's gone and we move on.

:agree:

Exactly.

heretoday
11-02-2018, 09:31 AM
See you again in about, oooh, two years?

lyonhibs
11-02-2018, 11:38 AM
A Hibs legend. Couldn't care less if he's a **** of a man (and I rather doubt he actually is when all is said and done).

I support Hibs for the rare days like 21.05.2016, not to be some moral judge and jury.

Hibbyradge
11-02-2018, 11:45 AM
Anyone think Stokesey could do a job for us?

Might be worth a punt.

Come on Neil, bring him home.

Deeds
11-02-2018, 11:46 AM
It was always going to be almost impossible to top what he did that day when he came back...I’m glad he tried. We move on...

Lago
11-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Gone but never to be forgotten

Sammy7nil
11-02-2018, 12:53 PM

Quite right stick to what you beleive everyone is entitled to their opinion although some on here seem to disagree. I am somewhere in between Stokes will always be a legend and welcomed back to ER however he has done some very silly things and some down right bad things. This is not a 18 - 21 yr old laddie we are talking about. Anyway all the best Anthony I hope you appreciate what you are doing for a job and how well off you are before it is too late.

Hibbyradge
11-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Quite right stick to what you beleive

The earth is flat and has only existed for 6000 years.

Viva_Palmeiras
11-02-2018, 01:36 PM
It was always going to be almost impossible to top what he did that day when he came back...I’m glad he tried. We move on...

You’d think that but actually the Rangers online have
Credited him with a hat trick that great day.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/match-report/2015-16/rangers-2-3-hibernian/

Sammy7nil
11-02-2018, 01:36 PM
The earth is flat and has only existed for 6000 years.

I know and some people on here still disagree :greengrin

lapsedhibee
12-02-2018, 11:04 AM
You’d think that but actually the Rangers online have
Credited him with a hat trick that great day.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/match-report/2015-16/rangers-2-3-hibernian/

:greengrin Actually an amazingly fair report to have come out of Ibrokes - somehow snuck past The Fat Slug. Polis Glasgow must have been responsible for the teams and scorers bit as that ends at 2-1 to The Thes.

theonlywayisup
12-02-2018, 11:44 AM
That's actually a pretty balanced account of the game.

One question, who is Gedion Zelalem? Never heard of the guy.

Sir David Gray
12-02-2018, 11:46 AM
That's actually a pretty balanced account of the game.

One question, who is Gedion Zelalem? Never heard of the guy.

They had him on loan from Arsenal at the time. Appears to be back at Arsenal again but doesn't get a game.

Crazyhorse
12-02-2018, 12:05 PM
:greengrin Actually an amazingly fair report to have come out of Ibrokes - somehow snuck past The Fat Slug. Polis Glasgow must have been responsible for the teams and scorers bit as that ends at 2-1 to The Thes.

Yeah I'm a bit shocked by lack of propaganda in the official TRFC report. The last sentence clearly ignored Jabba/Jackson's hysterical lies and nonsense. Bizarrely it reads more like proper sports journalism than 99.9% of the MSM output in Scotland.

IGRIGI
12-02-2018, 12:47 PM
How that match report got past Traynor I do not know

BegbieHSC
19-02-2018, 12:53 PM
I see Stokesy made his debut for Apollon Smyrnis FC yesterday. They got beat 2:0, but it's good to see him playing football again.

For a player who has been around the block a bit, I still find it weird seeing him in a different strip.

Hope he does well. Always a ledge!

Pictures of him making his debut below:

https://twitter.com/StormSportsX/status/964927182748385281

Sammy7nil
19-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Always be a legend and it will be good to see him back at ER for reunion events and welcomed on to the pitch at HT etc however I am not really bothered what he is doing now. Just a terrible way to leave the club who had given him several chances.