PDA

View Full Version : Development game v Partick (Tuesday 13th)

Billy Whizz
09-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Hibs development team are at home on Tuesday against Partick Thistle. 2pm KO, inside pitch at Oriam
It’s school holiday week, so would be nice to see a good crowd along
Anyone going who wouldn’t normally be able to make it?

Still top of the league
https://spfl.co.uk/development-league/

Cod Boy
09-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Can't normally make these games but off next week so looking forward to taking my son along.

lord bunberry
09-02-2018, 12:23 PM
I’ll make it along to this one. I really hope they manage to get something sorted so they can play at East Mains though.

Famous Fiver
09-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Will the new stand be finished?

Will there be chips?

Both deal breakers for me.

Billy Whizz
09-02-2018, 05:18 PM
Will the new stand be finished?

Will there be chips?

Both deal breakers for me.

No idea, we’re inside so don’t care
They don’t sell chips in the Oriam cafe, only sell healthy options

Billy Whizz
11-02-2018, 05:21 PM
Giving this a wee bump, in case anyone missed it

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 10:28 AM
I’ll do some updates during the match
Wonder if the likes of Swanson etc will get a run out today

Cod Boy
13-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Is it a bucket donation today.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 11:08 AM
Is it a bucket donation today.

Yeah

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 01:38 PM
Dabrowski
Rherras
Campbell
Waugh
Mackie
Crane
Stirling
Innes Murray
Lewis Allan
Oli Shaw
Swanson

Subs

Gullane
Watson
Paton
Woods
Martin

The_Horde
13-02-2018, 01:42 PM
Dabrowski
Rherras
Campbell
Waugh
Mackie
Crane
Stirling
Innes Murray
Lewis Allan
Oli Shaw
Swanson

Subs

Gullane
Watson
Paton
Woods
Martin

Has Lewy Allan played more games recently? Hadn't seen him mentioned in ages but seen him scoring a few recently. Assuming he's probably gonna wind up leaving us eventually for the lower leagues.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 01:58 PM
Has Lewy Allan played more games recently? Hadn't seen him mentioned in ages but seen him scoring a few recently. Assuming he's probably gonna wind up leaving us eventually for the lower leagues.

Came back in January window, scored a great goal last week

Brightside
13-02-2018, 02:16 PM
Swanson playing.....to get his fitness up i presume? No Fraser Murray - is he injured?

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 02:19 PM
1-0 Hibs, just after we missed a couple of good chances
Good move with Swanson playing in Lewis Allan, cut it back and Oli scores

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 02:22 PM
2-0 now
Great ball from Swanson, and Oli scores with a low left foot strike

B.H.F.C
13-02-2018, 02:35 PM
Get the impression Shaw is at the stage where the development league is far too easy for him.

lord bunberry
13-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Get the impression Shaw is at the stage where the development league is far too easy for him.

He certainly sticks out at this level. His movement has been excellent.

bingo70
13-02-2018, 03:04 PM

Certainly seems that way although I still think there’s a massive jump from that level to where we want to be though.

If we had more cover I’d have liked to have seen him go out on loan to a decent championship side.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 03:15 PM
2-1, goal out of nothing
Hibs should have had a penalty a minute before
Swanson playing really well

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 03:18 PM
3-1. Great run and Swanson gets brought down in the box.
Great penalty from Oli

bingo70
13-02-2018, 03:18 PM
2-1, goal out of nothing
Hibs should have had a penalty a minute before
Swanson playing really well

Great opportunity for him with Barker being out injured.

Stuart93
13-02-2018, 03:31 PM
By the sounds of hibs' twitter Swanson doing well

The_Exile
13-02-2018, 03:48 PM

Which is why not having a reserve league as a bridge from youths to 1st team is needed IMO

SirDavidsNapper
13-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Which is why not having a reserve league as a bridge from youths to 1st team is needed IMO

Was just about to say the same thing

Lago
13-02-2018, 04:15 PM
Agree

Hibbyradge
13-02-2018, 04:19 PM

We need a colts team in the bottom division:tin hat:

lord bunberry
13-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Really enjoyed that today. Oli Shaw and Danny Swanson were a cut above the rest, but I thought a few of the younger guys looked pretty good as well. The two centre backs look pretty assured and are decent on the ball. It’s not hard to see why we’re top of the league.

Golden Bear
13-02-2018, 05:04 PM
Was 3-1 the final score?

offshorehibby
13-02-2018, 05:05 PM
We need a colts team in the bottom division:tin hat:

We had a colts team in the EoS league the season before we were relegated.

lord bunberry
13-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Was 3-1 the final score?
It was mate.

Golden Bear
13-02-2018, 05:09 PM
It was mate.

:aok:

bingo70
13-02-2018, 05:13 PM

Too much is made of this imo.

What difference would a reserve league make? We couldn’t afford to run a squad of that many senior players so would be made up of youngsters anyway. Just now I think we are allowed 3 overage players in these games and don’t think we even put that many out? I’d rather we beefed up our squad with youngsters than senior players that are only likely to be there to make up the numbers for the reserve side.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 05:25 PM
Good performance today, should have been more though
Good to see Swanson and Rherras get game time, and Oli get a hat trick
Some of the younger lads doing just nicely, getting better by the week, and Ryan Porteous, Fraser Murray, and Callum Donaldson, regular starters, were along to cheer the boys on

Good little crowd as well

Wheat Hound
13-02-2018, 05:38 PM
I think he will likely be released at season end but Lewis Allan did well again today with some good hold up play and lay offs for Oli. Could be a decent Championship striker and certainly had the physical presence for that league.

lord bunberry
13-02-2018, 05:55 PM
I think he will likely be released at season end but Lewis Allan did well again today with some good hold up play and lay offs for Oli. Could be a decent Championship striker and certainly had the physical presence for that league.
I was sitting right behind Gary Parker and he was on Allan’s case for most of the second half. I would say it was more in an encouraging sort of way, rather than being critical. Parker was quite vocal all game tbh.

Souter96Mac
13-02-2018, 05:57 PM
Sounds like another encouraging display from the U20s.

ancient hibee
13-02-2018, 06:03 PM
Too much is made of this imo.

What difference would a reserve league make? We couldn’t afford to run a squad of that many senior players so would be made up of youngsters anyway. Just now I think we are allowed 3 overage players in these games and don’t think we even put that many out? I’d rather we beefed up our squad with youngsters than senior players that are only likely to be there to make up the numbers for the reserve side.
We already have plenty of senior players who could be available to play in a reserve league.For example Swanson could have been playing to get his game back,McLaren,Porteous,Murray,Bell,ShawCertainly no need to sign extra players.The whole point would be to have a mixture of youngsters and more experienced.It would be a higher level than the Development squad.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 06:04 PM
I was sitting right behind Gary Parker and he was on Allan’s case for most of the second half. I would say it was more in an encouraging sort of way, rather than being critical. Parker was quite vocal all game tbh.

Was that your phone that went off in error, playing a strange tune, and the young girl went into hysterics😄

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 06:06 PM

Since Lewis came back to Hibs in January, I think he’s got better every week. Put in a power of work, gave Oli space to play
But as you say, maybe better for him to move on

hfc rd
13-02-2018, 06:22 PM
Encouraging stuff regarding Shaw & Swanson. 👍🏾

How did Rherras do?

SiinDubai
13-02-2018, 06:25 PM
Made it along today, first time at the Oriam and thought it was a pretty impressive facility.
Like the look of Ben Stirling

lord bunberry
13-02-2018, 06:59 PM
Was that your phone that went off in error, playing a strange tune, and the young girl went into hysterics😄
It was billy. I heard the music playing and Parker had his phone out, I presumed it was him. I remember thinking that he shouldn’t really have his phone on during a game. It wasn’t till the music kept going that I had the horrible thought that it might be my phone. I’ve no idea why the music came on as it wasn’t anyone phoning me. It was an embarrassing moment :greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 07:01 PM
It was billy. I heard the music playing and Parker had his phone out, I presumed it was him. I remember thinking that he shouldn’t really have his phone on during a game. It wasn’t till the music kept going that I had the horrible thought that it might be my phone. I’ve no idea why the music came on as it wasn’t anyone phoning me. It was an embarrassing moment :greengrin

We all heard it, and I was checking my phone was well, just checking my ITunes didn’t go off.
I was in the row just behind you to the left. Glad you enjoyed the game, and didn’t get thrown out!!

lord bunberry
13-02-2018, 07:18 PM
We all heard it, and I was checking my phone was well, just checking my ITunes didn’t go off.
I was in the row just behind you to the left. Glad you enjoyed the game, and didn’t get thrown out!!
It was my iTunes that went off. :greengrin. I wish I could make it to more of the development games, but usually I’m working.

bingo70
13-02-2018, 07:34 PM
We already have plenty of senior players who could be available to play in a reserve league.For example Swanson could have been playing to get his game back,McLaren,Porteous,Murray,Bell,ShawCertainly no need to sign extra players.The whole point would be to have a mixture of youngsters and more experienced.It would be a higher level than the Development squad.

But we only played two senior players today so we could have played more than we did?

If there was a reserve league from next season say, what would we do differently? If a players coming back from injury they get to play in these games and if a player is well out the picture he can play in these games.

Billy Whizz
13-02-2018, 07:38 PM
But we only played two senior players today so we could have played more than we did?

If there was a reserve league from next season say, what would we do differently? If a players coming back from injury they get to play in these games and if a player is well out the picture he can play in these games.

Or in the case of Hibs just now, wouldn’t be able to field a reserve and an under 20 team. Wouldn’t have enough players, with the amount of injuries we currently have
Also the cost Bingo of having extra players wages
Most clubs have small squads just now, doubt anyone outside Celtic could afford 3 teams

ancient hibee
13-02-2018, 10:31 PM

Is there not a limit on the number of overage players?

bingo70
13-02-2018, 10:43 PM
Is there not a limit on the number of overage players?

3 I think.

I can’t really see us wanting or needing to play any more than 3 in a reserve team game anyway.

We rarely seem to use all three anyway, that’s my point really. A reserve league wouldn’t make any difference as most clubs are working with a smaller first team pool and youngsters in reserve anyway.

Capt Mainwaring
13-02-2018, 10:43 PM
Was impressed with Danny Swanson today. Covered loads of ground, always looking for the ball and making himself available for the pass to link midfield and attack. Some great driving runs and always got a trick to take on the defender - one good jinking run earning the penalty.

Great attitude and work rate. Clearly looking to impress for First Team selection.

Billy Whizz
14-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Goals on here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rdiK5Mx458c

greenlex
14-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Goals on here

A bloody fine penalty conversion right there.

PatHead
14-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Goals on here

Good coverage. Nice of Hearts to let us use their training facilities

indiejak1413
15-02-2018, 06:31 AM
Why on earth was Crane playing . Perfectly good midfielders on the bench and they bring a guy back to play out of position. I heard he's getting released so why bother with him.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Souter96Mac
15-02-2018, 08:16 AM
Swanson and Shaw both looking sharp.

Godsahibby
15-02-2018, 01:43 PM
I noticed the young boy Kane O’Connor is in Spain captaining the Scotland u17s. Does he play regularly in these games with Porteous at the back?

lord bunberry
16-02-2018, 11:44 PM
It was my iTunes that went off. :greengrin. I wish I could make it to more of the development games, but usually I’m working.
https://youtu.be/djV11Xbc914
just for billy :greengrin

Billy Whizz
17-02-2018, 09:33 AM
I noticed the young boy Kane O’Connor is in Spain captaining the Scotland u17s. Does he play regularly in these games with Porteous at the back?

No, he’s only had a couple of sub appearances. He play for Hibs under 17’s, but expect him to step up to the under 20 development squad next season. Good prospect