PDA

View Full Version : Riyad Mahrez

Billy Whizz
08-02-2018, 06:06 PM
Is this guy on strike or something. Not training or playing since his transfer was blocked. Is there more to this than meets the eye?

I personally think he’s a disgrace to his club, his team mates and the Leicester supporters

Captain Trips
08-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Is this guy on strike or something. Not training or playing since his transfer was blocked. Is there more to this than meets the eye?

I personally think he’s a disgrace to his club, his team mates and the Leicester supporters

His ultimate punishment will be at end of season get lucrative move.

HoboHarry
08-02-2018, 06:10 PM

Think he was pretty upset that he didn't get a move in January. He'll be emotionally incapable of playing, the delicate wee flower that he is.......

MWHIBBIES
08-02-2018, 06:15 PM
If Leicester have told him he would be allowed to go and then went back on it, he is probably right to be upset. Daft not to play though, he should be working his arse off to keep improving and get an even better move.

David_D
08-02-2018, 06:42 PM
I think Leicester told him he could leave if his valuation was matched. As far as I remember reading Man City didn’t want to meet it. Mahrez will get himself a bad reputation I would imagine which could ultimately scupper any big move in future.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2018, 06:45 PM
Leicester don't need to sell so valued him accordingly and refuse to compromise as it wasn't met.

hibsbollah
08-02-2018, 06:46 PM
If Leicester have told him he would be allowed to go and then went back on it, he is probably right to be upset. Daft not to play though, he should be working his arse off to keep improving and get an even better move.

:agree: A strange decision...not the time to refuse to play when the windows shut and he cant move elsewhere anyway.

mjhibby
08-02-2018, 06:53 PM
He's being a spoiled brat. He's also a stupid guy as the window is shut and he's not going anywhere until the window is open in the summer. What he hopes to achieve with this behaviour I've no idea but although I'm sure teams will want to sign him they now know his temperament is suspect. Players have so much money in the epl they lose touch with reality and all he is doing with his behaviour is peeing off his teammates and the supporters and he will have a very uncomfortable few months ahead before the window.

Jones28
08-02-2018, 06:57 PM

This is the third they time they have said to him he can leave and gone back on it, they are just as bad as each other imo

Eaststandee
08-02-2018, 07:04 PM
i was hoping he was signing when I didn't see the (NHC)

:tee hee:

Keyser Sauzee
08-02-2018, 07:16 PM
Bad attitude from the player, needs to realise he’s in a privileged position and do what he’s paid ridiculous money to do. I don’t think Leicester are completely blameless tho as they’re valuation of him is over the top imho, he’s not worth the money city offered and I think they’ve held him for ransom.

dalkeith stu
08-02-2018, 07:17 PM
I think Leicester told him he could leave if his valuation was matched. As far as I remember reading Man City didn’t want to meet it. Mahrez will get himself a bad reputation I would imagine which could ultimately scupper any big move in future.
Didn't seem to do Sanchez any harm!!

Sir David Gray
08-02-2018, 07:32 PM
If he's in breach of contract, Leicester should refuse to pay him and give him something to really get upset about.

brianmc
08-02-2018, 08:35 PM
It's a tricky one.
From the outside it appears the guy is acting like a Billy big baws spoilt brat..

But!

From the info coming out from 'his side' he appears to be suffering depression/stress related illness..

Who knows the truth?

Neil Lennon was widely reported in the media today suggesting that the player needs to be supported to gain any mental health guidance he may require.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2018, 08:44 PM
It's a tricky one.
From the outside it appears the guy is acting like a Billy big baws spoilt brat..

But!

From the info coming out from 'his side' he appears to be suffering depression/stress related illness..

Who knows the truth?

Neil Lennon was widely reported in the media today suggesting that the player needs to be supported to gain any mental health guidance he may require.

My arse, he's got the hump because he couldn't get away. :rolleyes:

I bet when he leaves them in the summer, he will be fine and stress free.

Pete
08-02-2018, 08:47 PM
My arse, he's got the hump because he couldn't get away. :rolleyes:

I bet when he leaves them in the summer, he will be fine and stress free.

Difficult to prove though.

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Difficult to prove though.

Not really, when he gets his move his mood will suddenly improve, his toys are out the pram and the dummy is way over the other side of the room.

I bet city are glad they pulled out, they'd have been in all sorts of bother with this poor chap and his illness. :faf:

This prick is making a mockery of those players and people who are genuinely depressed, and really ill with stress. :rolleyes:

bingo70
08-02-2018, 09:02 PM
I feel a bit sorry for him.

After all he did to help them win the league I don’t think it’s unreasonable of him to want to move to a bigger club and try to play champions league football.

I know he’s got a contract and Leicester are entitled to turn down any bid they want, I just think they seem to have short memories.

Also realise I’ll be in the minority here!

blackpoolhibs
08-02-2018, 09:11 PM

After all he did to help them win the league I don’t think it’s unreasonable of him to want to move to a bigger club and try to play champions league football.

I know he’s got a contract and Leicester are entitled to turn down any bid they want, I just think they seem to have short memories.

Replace Mahrez with John McGinn Bingo. :greengrin

David_D
08-02-2018, 09:21 PM

Sanchez didn’t refuse to train though. Still turned, up even if he wasn’t playing to his full ability.

vuefrom1875
08-02-2018, 09:22 PM
Think he was pretty upset that he didn't get a move in January. He'll be emotionally incapable of playing, the delicate wee flower that he is.......

In other words he's an else.

jgl07
08-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Leicester signed Mahrez for £400,000. Now they are looking for £95 million.

It will rebound on them as they have seriously pissed off the player. He may not play for a while and his valuation will plummet such that when they sell him in the summer he will go for a much lower sum than the £60 million that City were prepared to offer last month.

The losers will be Leicester City and Mahrez himself.

lyonhibs
08-02-2018, 09:43 PM
A wee fanny who's forgotten who took the risk on him and have him his big break in the first place.
He must have a right couple of knobheads as agents though, agreeing to a contract without a release clause.

If he keeps this up, I hope Leicester sue him with breach of contract and withhold pay.

tamig
08-02-2018, 09:53 PM

Big difference is Sanchez could have walked for nowt in the summer. Mahrez signed a four year deal at the start of last season.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-02-2018, 09:54 PM
Toys out the pram cause Leicester wouldn't sell. And on deadline day, with limited time to get in a replacement when they're chasing European football why should they?

I understand they signed him for "peanuts" in terms of EPL money and are making a substantial profit but why should they bow? I'm actually surprised he never got his move last summer, and I've no doubt he'll be gone in the summer so just pull yourself together, continue getting paid a tidy £100k a week and move on then. League winning hero or not he should give his all. Sure as **** we'd be going mental if SJM went on strike cause he never got a move to Celtic for example.

City and pep are getting off lightly imo. Here's a coach renowned for bringing through players from the academy and he's throwing money around like they're fun coupons. Capable of playing in an attacking midfield position in the absence of Sane they've got Silva x2, toure, De Bruyne, sterling, gundogan then the young lad fodden everyone is raving about.

The "depression" chat is the biggest pile of ***** anaw that boils my blood. You've got the fella that plays for, cowdenbeath I think? And the chap in England who's name escapes me being brave enough go open up about mental health, something that has a huge stigma attached to it then you've got these pampered princesses on hundreds of thousands of pounds a week moaning about this? **** right off!!!

CapitalGreen
08-02-2018, 10:46 PM
The "depression" chat is the biggest pile of ***** anaw that boils my blood. You've got the fella that plays for, cowdenbeath I think? And the chap in England who's name escapes me being brave enough go open up about mental health, something that has a huge stigma attached to it then you've got these pampered princesses on hundreds of thousands of pounds a week moaning about this? **** right off!!!

Does the amount of money someone earns make them immune from depression?

KWJ
09-02-2018, 09:07 AM

I'm with you. He's outgrown Leicester and shown them commitment by staying with them for 4 windows now since they won the league despite seemingly wanting a bigger move.

He's at his peek now so it's the best chance he'll get for a huge contract.

JimBHibees
09-02-2018, 09:11 AM
I'm with you. He's outgrown Leicester and shown them commitment by staying with them for 4 windows now since they won the league despite seemingly wanting a bigger move.

He's at his peek now so it's the best chance he'll get for a huge contract.

He signed a 4 year contract at the start of the season.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2018, 09:18 AM

Yip, the person he should be annoyed with here is his agent, who should have insisted on a release clause.

KWJ
09-02-2018, 09:31 AM

I took it to be a bit like the Jason Cummings situation. Loyalty goes both ways as somebody not so kind said on here the other day.

Big_Franck
09-02-2018, 09:32 AM

I actually agree. It looks to me like Leicester were being unreasonable with the fee they were asking for him. Man City offered a huge amount of money and if Leicester were being fair to a player that was a huge part, if not the biggest part, in them winning the league they'd have taken the big fee and moved on.

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-02-2018, 10:00 AM
I actually agree. It looks to me like Leicester were being unreasonable with the fee they were asking for him. Man City offered a huge amount of money and if Leicester were being fair to a player that was a huge part, if not the biggest part, in them winning the league they'd have taken the big fee and moved on.

Bearing in mind money is no object in the EPL so put that to one side.

If Celtic offered us 2 million in the last few hours of the window, we should accept it cause he helped us win the Scottish then promotion? What if we couldn't get our desired first choice replacement in cause that team wouldn't do business so late in the window? Or we had to fork out more than we budgeted for because buying at this stage of the window involves an added premium?

Had City bothered to bid a week or 2 earlier, Leicester MIGHT have sold. They'll sell in the summer, for around £70M I reckon but he could be the difference in them getting A) higher position in the league so extra £££ and B) Getting European football so they were well within their rights not to sell to the big boys with all the money IMO

hibsbollah
09-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Yip, the person he should be annoyed with here is his agent, who should have insisted on a release clause.

:agree: I was reading that his agent is small fry, his only other clients are a couple of guys from lower league in France or something. It may be that Mahrez is showing loyalty to an agent he's had for years, but that agent doesn't have the contacts/negotiating skills to get a move to the really big clubs.

KWJ
09-02-2018, 10:54 AM
Bearing in mind money is no object in the EPL so put that to one side.

If Celtic offered us 2 million in the last few hours of the window, we should accept it cause he helped us win the Scottish then promotion? What if we couldn't get our desired first choice replacement in cause that team wouldn't do business so late in the window? Or we had to fork out more than we budgeted for because buying at this stage of the window involves an added premium?

Had City bothered to bid a week or 2 earlier, Leicester MIGHT have sold. They'll sell in the summer, for around £70M I reckon but he could be the difference in them getting A) higher position in the league so extra £££ and B) Getting European football so they were well within their rights not to sell to the big boys with all the money IMO

He was apparently sitting in Paris Airport waiting to fly somewhere so he certainly thought he was moving and that would suggest Leicester had indicated as such. I reckon they thought they'd get their inflated price but it backfired on them. They already have his replacements in the team with Silva and Gray.

Just Jimmy
09-02-2018, 11:11 AM
City aren't fussed. they were buying him for £60 mill plus a player to stand in for Sane for 7 or 8 weeks while he's injured.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jgl07
09-02-2018, 12:16 PM
He signed the new contract in August 2016 just after Leicester won the League title.

JimBHibees
09-02-2018, 12:22 PM
He signed the new contract in August 2016 just after Leicester won the League title.

Ok apologies must have picked it up wrong.

tamig
09-02-2018, 12:35 PM

As exclusively revealed in my post from last night 👍

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2018, 01:09 PM
Stop worrying folks, his depression is over, he's laughing with with the rest of the team outside the bus taking them to tomorrow's game.

He's miraculously made himself available for the game after his illness, lets hope he's better. #prayforMahrez

HoboHarry
09-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Stop worrying folks, his depression is over, he's laughing with with the rest of the team outside the bus taking them to tomorrow's game.

He's miraculously made himself available for the game after his illness, lets hope he's better. #prayforMahrez
:tee hee:

ancient hibee
09-02-2018, 04:33 PM

Leicester should leave him on the bench.

Paisley Hibby
09-02-2018, 05:46 PM
Trouble with football today is, if you're good enough you can do whatever you like

Allant1981
09-02-2018, 08:12 PM

but the chances are they wouldnt have got a decent replacement last minute, why should they sell that late in the day if it makes them weaker as a team?

Allant1981
09-02-2018, 08:18 PM
:agree: I was reading that his agent is small fry, his only other clients are a couple of guys from lower league in France or something. It may be that Mahrez is showing loyalty to an agent he's had for years, but that agent doesn't have the contacts/negotiating skills to get a move to the really big clubs.

he now has kai joorabchian as his agent so safe to say he will be away in the summer