PDA

View Full Version : Blind Hibs Fan Spat On At Ibrox

HibsEK
08-02-2018, 06:46 PM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but I’m sickened by this.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/blind-hibs-fan-spat-at-and-abused-at-ibrox-game-1-4685583

i had a look on Follow Follow to see if there was any remorse from that lot but instead there is just pages of abuse, blind jokes & claims of fake news. They are a horrible club.:fuming:

IGRIGI
08-02-2018, 06:51 PM
Not Carl of fantasy slipper fame?!? :(

Disgusting behaviour, takes a special type of **** to spit at someone.

Bostonhibby
08-02-2018, 06:55 PM
Not Carl of fantasy slipper fame?!? :(

Disgusting behaviour, takes a special type of **** to spit at someone.

The very same, takes a special type of moron to spit on anyone but to do it to someone with a disability FFS

murray26
08-02-2018, 07:50 PM
Not in the least bit surprised by this.. it should be national news so everyone can see what kind of low life’s follow this club..

Brooster
08-02-2018, 07:52 PM
Macar I hope you are ok mate.

WoreTheGreen
08-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Daily ****** on it? Aye sure

The Spaceman
08-02-2018, 08:02 PM
What an utter disgrace. Utter ****, complete and utter ****.

Not surprised though. They let their club die and want us all to pay - but watching their plight was/is delightful.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2018, 08:33 PM
What **** they are, self styled wannabe hardmen who haven't an ounce of courage. The courage and spirit that Macar demonstrates in following his teams home and way is way beyond tbe comprehension of those ****** despicable sewer rats.

BoltonHibee
08-02-2018, 08:39 PM
Celtic fans bring him up the road when they play us, how good is that? Then you have the ****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
08-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Celtic fans bring him up the road when they play us, how good is that? Then you have the ****!

You'll be getting accused of a Celtic love in for saying that.

Dirty Hun *******s, never really known oneand don't want to.

Sir David Gray
08-02-2018, 08:47 PM
Unfortunately there's a certain type of sub-species that frequents Ibrox and this type of behaviour is the result of that.

Utterly repugnant.

Pretty Boy
08-02-2018, 08:50 PM

Two cheeks etc etc:wink:

Despicable behaviour. Macar can be hard work but he’s a decent lad and absolutely loves Hibs, his dedication is second to none. I’ve known him watch Sunderland in the south of England on a Saturday and be up in Dundee or the likes by the Sunday lunchtime for a Hibs game. He certainly doesn’t deserve treatment like that being reported. Hope they get the erse holes responsible.

Keith_M
08-02-2018, 08:52 PM

Please don't, the actual subject is too important to be hijacked.

One Day
08-02-2018, 08:52 PM

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/our-region/edinburgh/blind-hibs-fan-spat-at-and-abused-at-ibrox-game-1-4685583

i had a look on Follow Follow to see if there was any remorse from that lot but instead there is just pages of abuse, blind jokes & claims of fake news. They are a horrible club.:fuming:

Some of the comments are disgusting

Heisenberg
08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
There’s not a club or set of supporters I hate more than the huns. Utterly horrible organisation from top to bottom.

HibsEK
08-02-2018, 08:54 PM

The truth is I was with Macar at Parkhead the week before as well & we were treated like royalty. I’m sure Hearts fans aren’t treated like royalty when they go there mind you! 😂

SouthMoroccoStu
08-02-2018, 08:55 PM
BBC radio interviewed Carl but now won’t play it...

Hmmm what does that tell you

Carl is getting nothing but abuse online from those animals - hardly an ounce of remorse or shame

HibsEK
08-02-2018, 08:55 PM
[/B]

Some of the comments are dusgusting

Yip they are vile 🤮

Pete
08-02-2018, 09:04 PM
That’s low by any standards and their flat denial that it happened tells you that it even disgusts the internet mouths on their board.

Typical Rangers attitude...it wasn’t our fault.

Just Alf
08-02-2018, 09:15 PM
Denials, ignoring the possibility that it could have HAPPENED etc .... It's all very..... RANGERS

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hibrandenburg
08-02-2018, 09:18 PM

Oh just **** off with this Celtic love in *****. We can walk side by side with them because we're not on their bigot menu. They're the other cheek of the same ********s.

SideBurns
08-02-2018, 09:21 PM
I recall my dad telling me that him and his wee brother went to Ibrox in the 50s - a supposed more innocent era - as primary school laddies wearing green and white scarves, and grown men spat on them and called them "fenian *******s". To give some balance, one Rangers fan took them aside, told them they were in a bad part of the ground, and directed them towards a part of the terracing where they'd feel safer. A decent guy obviously, and anecdotal evidence that they're not all bad, but most of us will know a few decent ones anyway.

This isn't anywhere near as shocking as what happened to Carl given his blindness, but it was a memory that stayed with my dad (brought up without any bigotry or hatred) and is an example from a time when the game was regarded as civilised.

We are no-one's cousins/ wee brothers but the Huns are far, far worse than Celtic, Hearts or anyone else and always will be, in my opinion. As a club - this one and the last mob - they are ****.

SRHibs
08-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Is this not the boy who left Hibs.net because he got torn apart for his slipper fetish?

Disgraceful stuff though.

capitals_finest
08-02-2018, 09:37 PM
They really are disgusting people and a disgrace to Scotland.

I know some decent enough guys that claim they support them even though they have never been to a game at Ibrox since the new club was formed. How they can ever associate themselves with that club is beyond me.

Pete
08-02-2018, 09:47 PM
I know some decent enough guys that claim they support them even though they have never been to a game at Ibrox since the new club was formed. How they can ever associate themselves with that club is beyond me.

I too know lots of guys who are actually decent blokes who care only about the football, which is why I’m reluctant to tar them all with the same brush and say that all Rangers fans are **** etc..

Tin hat on but I bet the vast, vast majority of Rangers fans are repulsed by things like this that go beyond football rivalry. Lowest of the low and sub-human behaviour.

Cabbage East
08-02-2018, 09:49 PM
They are absolute ****. And they wonder why things go so badly for them when they come to Leith.

weecounty hibby
08-02-2018, 09:52 PM
Be interesting to see how this pans out. Surely the daily ranger will be leading a crusade to find the low life **** who did this. Rangers will release a statement condemning this behaviour and promising to ban for life anyone identified to have done this, police Glasgow will leave no stone unturned in their months long investigation. No, no one else think that will happen either?
Total disgrace and I hope the Hibby in question is ok

cabbageandribs1875
08-02-2018, 09:54 PM
There’s not a club or set of supporters I hate more than the huns. Utterly horrible organisation from top to bottom.

can't add much more to that, a vile institution with vile fans....FACT

Captain Trips
08-02-2018, 09:58 PM
I cannot say that I am surprised at what goes on at that club Minority Minority its just a small minority. Make some amount of noise this minority. Utterr disgrace of a club from top to bottom.

WeeRussell
08-02-2018, 10:16 PM
I cannot say that I am surprised at what goes on at that club Minority Minority its just a small minority. Make some amount of noise this minority. Utterr disgrace of a club from top to bottom.

To be fair (I don’t start a lot of sentences about the Huns with those words) there will be a lot of them that join in with all the pish and bile but still wouldn’t be capable of this behaviour.

Don’t get me wrong.. they’re still the ****miest football team on the planet, regardless.

superfurryhibby
08-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Oh just **** off with this Celtic love in *****. We can walk side by side with them because we're not on their bigot menu. They're the other cheek of the same ********s.

Quality stupidity. You collude with the haters with your ignorance.

18Hibee75
08-02-2018, 10:54 PM
I cannot say that I am surprised at what goes on at that club Minority Minority its just a small minority. Make some amount of noise this minority. Utterr disgrace of a club from top to bottom.The minority (extreme minority at that) are the semi decent fans in their support, although I don't understand any decent human being who can associate themselves with that club.

The spitting, the bottle throwing, coin throwing and 10v1 attacks just show how much cowardly ****bags they are. They are gradually hating us more and more as celtic drift further and further away from them, I didn't think I could hate them even more, or think their fans are even bigger ****bags, but they are. Not only Scotlands football shame, but Scotlands shame altogether.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Carheenlea
08-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Being spat on during a trip to Ibrox is nothing new, but to do so to a man who is quite obviously blind takes a special level of depravity.
I don't know Macar personally, but see him at pretty much every away game, and hopefully this disgusting incident won't discourage him from continuing to follow Hibs.

givescotlandfreedom
08-02-2018, 10:57 PM
The comments on follow follow tell you everything you need to know about their fans. It's embarrassing to share a planet with them, let alone a country.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-02-2018, 11:01 PM
Aww man what a truly disgusting bunch they really are. You've got to wonder if there's other clubs around the UK or Europe that are so vile just like them?

I actually know a few decent huns but deep down, when it's going against them, the staunch-ness in them appears.

It should be rangers with the motto "a club like no other"

The worst of it is it doesn't just start and end with football wi them. This is a full on societal issue with these morons. And yet the government/police/football authorities won't do a thing about it. Sad

dalkeith stu
08-02-2018, 11:05 PM
Aww man what a truly disgusting bunch they really are. You've got to wonder if there's other clubs around the UK or Europe that are so vile just like them?

I actually know a few decent huns but deep down, when it's going against them, the staunch-ness in them appears.

The worst of it is it doesn't just start and end with football wi them. This is a full on societal issue with these morons. And yet the government/police/football authorities won't do a thing about it. Sad

This 100%

Tornadoes70
08-02-2018, 11:13 PM
Being spat on during a trip to Ibrox is nothing new, but to do so to a man who is quite obviously blind takes a special level of depravity.
I don't know Macar personally, but see him at pretty much every away game, and hopefully this disgusting incident won't discourage him from continuing to follow Hibs.

:top marks

Well said. Couldn't agree more with you.

mon the cabbage!!!

Mikey09
08-02-2018, 11:20 PM
Cut there allocation for Easter Road. Fill the rest of the stand with Hibs fans. End of the game hold them in, like they do us. Won't take them long to get home anyway as most of them are from in and around Edinburgh. ****s.

SideBurns
08-02-2018, 11:29 PM

Aye. You should be able to state that there is absolutely no moral equivalence between Celtic and the Huns without facing an accusation of being a Celtic sympathiser. The Huns stand alone in Scottish fitba, and have consistently and infamously shamed this country throughout England and mainland Europe. We joke about Hearts being 'diet Huns' but at least that title recognises that they are a minority amongst the Jambos support, and that the decent majority are embarrassed by their bigotry. There's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers - thank F***

Sir David Gray
08-02-2018, 11:32 PM
Cut there allocation for Easter Road. Fill the rest of the stand with Hibs fans. End of the game hold them in, like they do us. Won't take them long to get home anyway as most of them are from in and around Edinburgh. ****s.

I'm at the point now where I don't even care if we fill the empty seats with our own fans.

I want as few of them inside Easter Road as possible.

I haven't read Follow Follow or any other fansite to see what their fans are saying about this incident but I can only imagine it's not nice. I would like to think that if the shoe was on the other foot and there was a story about a blind Rangers fan being spat on by a Hibs fan on his way to Easter Road, this place would be 100% united in our condemnation of such despicable behaviour.

When it comes to things like this, it really should not matter what colour of scarf a person is wearing. No-one deserves to be treated like that.

basehibby
08-02-2018, 11:50 PM
Is this not the boy who left Hibs.net because he got torn apart for his slipper fetish?

The very same I believe - and it's filthy and shameful ........and it's bloody terrible that these disgusting hun bassas gobbed on Carl as well :grr:

All the best Carl - I have a similar fetish for when the Hibees hand out a proper skelping to the Huns :aok:

lapsedhibee
08-02-2018, 11:56 PM
The comments on follow follow tell you everything you need to know about their fans. It's embarrassing to share a planet with them, let alone a country.

*galaxy

PerfectlyFranck
09-02-2018, 01:21 AM
To the tune of Black Sabbath's Snowblind:

My eyes are blind but I could see

The Hibees beat The Huns 2-3

The sunshine on Leith sets me free

Their Ibrox spanking pleases me

:not worth Don't let the followfollowers stop you supporting our clubclub.

neil7908
09-02-2018, 06:23 AM
I'd really like to see someone at Hibs take this up and demand some answers.

This cycle with Newco is just so depressing. Stuff like this happens every time we play them, our fans rightly get angry and nothing happens. Repeat next fixture.

There are times I just want to step away from Scottish football. The whole thing is a joke (see the names being linked with the next Scotland job).

I also had to laugh at the 1 arrest related to sectarianism - to get arrested for that at Ibrox youth must have to do something truly unthinkable!

WellingtonHibby
09-02-2018, 06:51 AM
#slippers

judas
09-02-2018, 07:01 AM
Every club has It's share of angry morons. For every one we have, rangers have 3 or 4, as one might expect given their larger attendances.

JimBHibees
09-02-2018, 07:13 AM
To be honest when the club they support do absolutely nothing to stop them singing illegal songs and the authorities, police, press etc say and do nothing it isnt really a huge surprise that some of their fans are capable of this sort of inhuman behaviour.

Frazerbob
09-02-2018, 07:46 AM
Aberdeen fans organising a round of applause on 30 minutes as a show of support to Macar.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/aberdeen-fans-set-for-tribute-to-blind-hibs-supporter-who-was-spat-at-1-4686272

Report also states 2400 Sheep will be at the game.

Bristolhibby
09-02-2018, 07:50 AM

This. **** the money, enough is enough. Once we start others should follow.

Reduces their support, increases ours (as a percentage and actually), quietens the Huns down, shows the clubs comittment to our fans.

I’d go further if our crowds go up, give them the % equliavent we get at Ipox, say 300 briefs in a wee corner of the South lower.

J

Blaster
09-02-2018, 07:57 AM

Reduces their support, increases ours (as a percentage and actually), quietens the Huns down, shows the clubs comittment to our fans.

I’d go further if our crowds go up, give them the % equliavent we get at Ipox, say 300 briefs in a wee corner of the South lower.

J

That’s great if you can guarantee we sell our tickets

Otherwise you are throwing away the annual salary of 2-3 decent players so not for me

Pretty Boy
09-02-2018, 07:58 AM

J

I'd cut it for the remaining game this season.

People will say that if or when our crowds drop then they might boycott and it will cost us money having a half empty stand. I don't believe that, they planned a boycott before when they had to buy from us direct as Hibs refused to pay their fee for handling tickets and still sold out. For every regular away traveller who boycotts there will be a bigoted moron from Whitburn or Harthill or somewhere happy to take their place and enjoy a day out soaking up some 'prawstint culchyur'.

Jim44
09-02-2018, 08:15 AM
Reading the drivel spouted on Follow Follow can be eye-opening at times, but the four page thread on this ‘assault’ is, to a man, repulsive, twisted, moronic and sectarian. How the website administrators can tolerate this content is astonishing but then again it says everything about Sevco and why they are the most despised club in the UK.

staunchhibby
09-02-2018, 08:26 AM
Nothing surprises me about that lot from Govan and there despicable behaviour where ever they go.To spit on a blind person is the lowest of the low.

superfurryhibby
09-02-2018, 08:27 AM
Every club has It's share of angry morons. For every one we have, rangers have 3 or 4, as one might expect given their larger attendances.

No, they have a culture of hatred ingrained into their support, that's why you will find they are the most obnoxious, toxic football team in this country.

Aye. You should be able to state that there is absolutely no moral equivalence between Celtic and the Huns without facing an accusation of being a Celtic sympathiser. The Huns stand alone in Scottish fitba, and have consistently and infamously shamed this country throughout England and mainland Europe. We joke about Hearts being 'diet Huns' but at least that title recognises that they are a minority amongst the Jambos support, and that the decent majority are embarrassed by their bigotry. There's not a team like the Glasgow Rangers - thank F***

Well said, I suspect those who routinely tout the two cheeks nonsense are the kind of people who like Britain Farce on social media. The message is that each team should be treated on their merits. If some Celtic fans behave in a sickening manner, which we know they do, then address that for what it is. Two cheeks helps maintain the status quo.

Otherwise you are throwing away the annual salary of 2-3 decent players so not for me

Simply not the case. Lets say we remove 1500 tickets from their allocation. That gives a ballpark figure of £40'000/ game x 2 over a season= less than one decent players salary. That's not allowing for us being able to sell these tickets to our own fans.

Back to Macar. I hope he reported this to the Police. There were witnesses and with the aid of CCTV we should expect our law enforcement enforcers to apply the same zeal as they did after the cup final and find the **** who did it.

sauzee=legend
09-02-2018, 08:30 AM
Rangers and The Rangers are just absolutely sc*m of the earth!

we are hibs
09-02-2018, 08:43 AM
I don't care what anyone says, when it comes to football they are all the same. **** of the earth, I take great pleasure in watching them walk away after we regularly beat them at their **** pit

Phil MaGlass
09-02-2018, 08:57 AM

Thing is as we all know, huns are in all walks/positions of life including the authorities and media.
it really needs government to do something about it, but, I wont hold my breath

Ardenttwo
09-02-2018, 09:02 AM

Just spoke to an Aberdeen fan and they are so enraged with this that they are planning doing something for him. Totally dispicable club utter lowlife filth Scotland’s shame

CRAZYHIBBY
09-02-2018, 09:02 AM
I have a hun at work....decent guy whos from a catholic family and has celtic suporting parents... he suported rangers because he liked the colour blue.....still doesn't know the meaning of the word liquidation but then again none of them do

Hibrandenburg
09-02-2018, 09:03 AM

I collude with no one. That you can't/won't accept that the Rangers and Celtic are mutually dependent on each others bigotry that has no place in Scottish football in the 21st century, makes you a part of the equation. Both teams use bigotry to polarise support in all our cities and create the Catholic/Protestant divide that plagues our game and drains the lifeblood from smaller clubs around the country.

jacomo
09-02-2018, 09:10 AM
Awful stuff. Glad Macar is not put off the football by this.

This is why we call them Huns. Their behaviour is uncivilised.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2018, 09:24 AM
Aberdeen fans organising a round of applause on 30 minutes as a show of support to Macar.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/aberdeen-fans-set-for-tribute-to-blind-hibs-supporter-who-was-spat-at-1-4686272

Report also states 2400 Sheep will be at the game.

There wasn't much support for an applause on the forum it was posted on so the guy who suggested it has now suggested that they display a banner instead. There hasn't been any response to this idea yet.

Jim44
09-02-2018, 09:26 AM
I collude with no one. That you can't/won't accept that the Rangers and Celtic are mutually dependent on each others bigotry that has no place in Scottish football in the 21st century, makes you a part of the equation. Both teams use bigotry to polarise support in all our cities and create the Catholic/Protestant divide that plagues our game and drains the lifeblood from smaller clubs around the country.

:agree: For the vast majority of the Ugly Sisters, hatred and religious bigotry are the corner stones of the attraction to their institutions. Football is merely a medium for their behaviour.

JimBHibees
09-02-2018, 09:32 AM

Spot on. Classic divide and conquer

Bostonhibby
09-02-2018, 09:38 AM
Cut there allocation for Easter Road. Fill the rest of the stand with Hibs fans. End of the game hold them in, like they do us. Won't take them long to get home anyway as most of them are from in and around Edinburgh. ****s.One day we might just make the point, it's long overdue and the money argument doesn't prevail any more as we'd fill the seats, if we didn't then frankly it's a hit I'd be prepared to see us take.

It's really down to the people running our club. Things clearly haven't changed for us at ibrox by talking about it

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
09-02-2018, 09:50 AM
Absolutely stop their allocation, ban them from the stadium, we do not need their money. having Hibs fans set upon, abused, spat on, bottled, streets turning into war zones and OUR yes OUR fans having to wait god knows how long before getting to walk up ER is too much. A stand needs to be taken against these ****my *******s. The police also need to be taken to task for their turning a blind eye to this for decades as do the so called Glasgow media. When will the club stand up and be counted. Were not the only club to go through this. Does someone have to die before notice is taken. Football fans being regularly bottled spat upon and attacked at Ibrox and the authorities do nothing. Maybe a protest march in Edinburgh by all decent fans is what is called for?

Smartie
09-02-2018, 09:58 AM
One day we might just make the point, it's long overdue and the money argument doesn't prevail any more as we'd fill the seats, if we didn't then frankly it's a hit I'd be prepared to see us take.

It's really down to the people running our club. Things clearly haven't changed for us at ibrox by talking about it

There's a lot that Leeann and Rod are doing that I am very, very happy about. What they have done on the football front (a fairly important part of a football club after all) has been magnificent, and they (and the others) deserve great credit for turning our fortunes around.

I have to say that I think they let us down when it comes to the way we are treated at other grounds.

I've become so fed up that I've stopped going to away games.

Some clubs are undoubtedly worse than others - Tynecastle (and their regular shambles outside the ground whilst charging top whack for tickets) is a disgrace. Celtic Park and their idiotic stewards are more of an annoyance but it still shouldn't really be accepted.

East End Park - we always take about 2x as many fans as they are prepared for and they don't know what to do.

I actually quite enjoyed going to away games in the First Division - the grounds were what they were (occasionally not ideal) but they seemed to be organised, ready for us and on many levels welcoming and helpful towards a support that were giving their club a decent pay day.

Ibrox is just another level. It was always a bit tasty, but the older I get the more repulsed I am by the whole atmosphere. I'm fine with a bit of goading, I'm also fairly broad shouldered when it comes to most songs. The actual violence that happens though is ridiculous. Why should you have to accept being pelted by coins, lighters and whatever else they can throw down on you? It happens, I've seen it - it happens every time.

Why should a blind football fan be accepting verbal abuse and actual physical violence the type of which Macar has suffered? You can't doubt that it happened - anyone who has ever been to Ibrox will know that it did. It is disgusting that in this day in age, that should be expected - the inevitability of what has happened since online, then the BBC pulling a story covering it tells you all you need to know about 21st century Scotland.

I've long thought that if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem, and I am really uneasy about the tendency of our club and our board to continue to be as subservient as they are to the disgraceful behaviour, actions and language that comes from staff and fans of Rangers. It is disgusting.

But whilst we continue to roll up to Easter Road in our record numbers (ultimately the only thing that I think our club REALLY care about) then nothing will be done.

Gobbing on blind football fans? FFS.

ian cruise
09-02-2018, 10:02 AM

The Rangers are currently preparing a statement that one of their support had gone to the game in their jammies and slippers (it was their good ones though, their dress jammies and slippers) and those brave souls were only protecting them from the Hibs support.

Spitting on anyone, never mind a blind person, is despicable behaviour and the fact their own fans didn't call the ****bag out says everything. Minority my arse.

Peevemor
09-02-2018, 10:13 AM
There's a lot that Leeann and Rod are doing that I am very, very happy about. What they have done on the football front (a fairly important part of a football club after all) has been magnificent, and they (and the others) deserve great credit for turning our fortunes around.

I have to say that I think they let us down when it comes to the way we are treated at other grounds.

Some clubs are undoubtedly worse than others - Tynecastle (and their regular shambles outside the ground whilst charging top whack for tickets) is a disgrace. Celtic Park and their idiotic stewards are more of an annoyance but it still shouldn't really be accepted.

East End Park - we always take about 2x as many fans as they are prepared for and they don't know what to do.

I actually quite enjoyed going to away games in the First Division - the grounds were what they were (occasionally not ideal) but they seemed to be organised, ready for us and on many levels welcoming and helpful towards a support that were giving their club a decent pay day.

Ibrox is just another level. It was always a bit tasty, but the older I get the more repulsed I am by the whole atmosphere. I'm fine with a bit of goading, I'm also fairly broad shouldered when it comes to most songs. The actual violence that happens though is ridiculous. Why should you have to accept being pelted by coins, lighters and whatever else they can throw down on you? It happens, I've seen it - it happens every time.

Why should a blind football fan be accepting verbal abuse and actual physical violence the type of which Macar has suffered? You can't doubt that it happened - anyone who has ever been to Ibrox will know that it did. It is disgusting that in this day in age, that should be expected - the inevitability of what has happened since online, then the BBC pulling a story covering it tells you all you need to know about 21st century Scotland.

I've long thought that if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem, and I am really uneasy about the tendency of our club and our board to continue to be as subservient as they are to the disgraceful behaviour, actions and language that comes from staff and fans of Rangers. It is disgusting.

But whilst we continue to roll up to Easter Road in our record numbers (ultimately the only thing that I think our club REALLY care about) then nothing will be done.

Is the Hibs support 100% squeaky clean in terms of behaviour toward ALL visiting supporters in and especially around ER?

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2018, 10:16 AM
The Rangers behaviour is worse compared to the smellies on a whole, BUT, they both feed off each other, and are both the cause of bigotry we see EVERY weekend at both of their games.

Our country's politicians do not have the appetite to punish these people, they are too scared.

When this changes, we will see change. Until then, its more and more of the same ****.

Bigotry is normalised in our country, in some parts its encouraged.

Yet if someone abused someone who was a different colour, gay or in this case disabled, all hell lets loose.

You need to want change for change to happen, as i said there is no appetite for it because of fear.

FranckSuzy
09-02-2018, 10:19 AM

There are many words that could be written about the absolute **** of the earth who could/would do something as vile as that, but the bit in bold says it all for me.

Regarding our fans treatment/safety at away games, is that not the job of the Supporters Liaison Officer (SLO)? :confused: I personally will never set foot in Ibrox again after the treatment our fans received at the 4-2 game in the Championship, which was both disgusting but sadly, entirely predictable.

blackpoolhibs
09-02-2018, 10:25 AM
There are many words that could be written about the absolute **** of the earth who could/would do something as vile as that, but the bit in bold says it all for me.

Regarding our fans treatment/safety at away games, is that not the job of the Supporters Liaison Officer (SLO)? :confused: I personally will never set foot in Ibrox again after the treatment our fans received at the 4-2 game in the Championship, which was both disgusting but sadly, entirely predictable.

As i said on my last post, sevcos fans are so used to abusing other fans, it has become normal for them. If we had a section of supporters who behaved like they do towards the opposition fans like they do in that small corner, we'd have the police ejecting them within seconds.

They have a sense of entitlement, that they can abuse whoever they want without punishment. Watch the police and stewards around them, the completely ignore what is going on. Either its because they are frightened or condoning it.

Whatever the reason, it shouldn't happen but it still does because its normality to these people.

FranckSuzy
09-02-2018, 10:31 AM
As i said on my last post, sevcos fans are so used to abusing other fans, it has become normal for them. If we had a section of supporters who behaved like they do towards the opposition fans like they do in that small corner, we'd have the police ejecting them within seconds.

They have a sense of entitlement, that they can abuse whoever they want without punishment. Watch the police and stewards around them, the completely ignore what is going on. Either its because they are frightened or condoning it.

Whatever the reason, it shouldn't happen but it still does because its normality to these people.

I completely agree G, but by saying and doing nothing, then we are accepting it as "normal" too, IMHO. Not sure if anything was said or done after the fiasco I mentioned but unless the ground is being used as a neutral venue then I'll not be back. In fact, the years that they were missing from the top flight were most pleasant :agree::flag:

BullsCloseHibs
09-02-2018, 11:21 AM
The level that lot stoop to never ceases to amaze. The gap between Hibs and that lot widens, even further (:aok:) Utter rodents.

Good to see Aberdeen fans on our side with this one.

GGTTH

lapsedhibee
09-02-2018, 11:43 AM

:faf:

Newhaven
09-02-2018, 11:50 AM
Step forward Frank and Tracey to escalate given the situation? This isn’t the first time such an incident has happened there and unlikely to be the last.

It’s sadly no surprise how hibs and most away fans are treated st ibrox. This should act as the straw to break the camel and the rangers allocation reduced or a club statement to say enough is enough.

Frazerbob
09-02-2018, 11:56 AM
There wasn't much support for an applause on the forum it was posted on so the guy who suggested it has now suggested that they display a banner instead. There hasn't been any response to this idea yet.

Which forum mate?

Smartie
09-02-2018, 12:01 PM
Is the Hibs support 100% squeaky clean in terms of behaviour toward ALL visiting supporters in and especially around ER?

I'm sure we're not - and we can work on improving the "self-policing" side of that.

As I mentioned - I'm ok with a bit of atmosphere, a bit of goading and a few songs.

Violence I'm not ok with.

And if I ever saw a Hibs fan gobbing on a blind Rangers fan, you can rest assured that football allegiances would be out the window.

Bristolhibby
09-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Do two trips from the Huns really bring in that money?

They club would have to market it.

Sell it as the “Stand up to Rangers” game. I know I’d be inclined to bring my kids to a game against Rangers if there were only 300 of them, so there’s an extra two for the pot.

J

EH54
09-02-2018, 12:26 PM
The question I have always asked is Why are they allowed to have Rangers supporters sitting/standing above Hibs support regardless if its just the edges of the support. At ER were made to close of a small section of the east for segregation even though they are in a completely different stand. Over recent years you have heard fans like M'well, Hearts, Hibs, Patrick raise concerns about this yet nothing ever seems to be done about it, I would like to see not just our club but other stand up for the supporters and take this further.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2018, 12:27 PM
Which forum mate?

http://boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=4

jacomo
09-02-2018, 12:45 PM
I'm sure we're not - and we can work on improving the "self-policing" side of that.

As I mentioned - I'm ok with a bit of atmosphere, a bit of goading and a few songs.

Violence I'm not ok with.

And if I ever saw a Hibs fan gobbing on a blind Rangers fan, you can rest assured that football allegiances would be out the window.

Exactly.

Pretty Boy
09-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Is it just me who finds the idea of a minutes applause a bit strange? Seems like Aberdeen fans using it to try and get one over on Rangers again more than anything.

It's a disgrace what happened to him but it's not like he has died or been seriously injured.

marinello59
09-02-2018, 01:03 PM
Is it just me who finds the idea of a minutes applause a bit strange? Seems like Aberdeen fans using it to try and get one over on Rangers again more than anything.

It's a disgrace what happened to him but it's not like he has died or been seriously injured.

It’s not just you.

Thecat23
09-02-2018, 01:07 PM

Nope it’s just weird.

Phil MaGlass
09-02-2018, 01:08 PM
NO, I dont find it strange at all. Anything we can do to raise awareness to a problem that constantly gets swept under the carpet is fine by me. Whether the Dons fans will use it to get one over on them is another issue.
Oh and there will always be people against this sort of thing,but, should we just sit by and ignore the issue?

Smartie
09-02-2018, 01:09 PM

No, it's not just you.

I think it's weird.

There is a right way to go about it, and a wrong way. I think it is an empty gesture and that it totally smacks of oneupmanship.

The right things to do would be to slash Sevco's allocation when they come to Easter Road (as has been suggested). Make them feel as unwelcome as we can without crossing any boundaries. Why do we roll out the red carpet to fans who consistently assault us and subject us to repeated sectarian abuse? (I speak as a protestant whose grandfathers were both Rangers fans btw).

I don't much like going down the statement route, but I think that the problem needs to be highlighted. The media just get bullied, they bow to the lunatic fringe. Some sort of official statement would by now be welcome. Hibs have been quiet and dignified for a while, but enough is enough. Rangers cranked up the poisonous atmosphere that exists between the clubs after the 2016 cup final and I think Hibs have done the right thing not to get involved up until now. But when our blind fans are being assaulted at Ibrox, someone has to stand up and demonstrate that this is not acceptable.

Not that I think it will happen. There is a Sevco-sympathising (or possibly fearing) faction within Easter Road, who I am not convinced give a flying one.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2018, 01:10 PM

Nope it's not.

I actually can't even be bothered with a minute's applause when it comes to a death and much prefer a silence but for something like this I really don't see the point.

I think the guy's intentions are genuine and coming from a good place but I really don't think a minute's applause is the best way to do it.

lucky
09-02-2018, 01:10 PM
Rather than a minutes applause. Ban them for ER for one game. If the horrible treatment continues at Ibrox then we should refuse a ticket allocation. Whilst banning them from ER will cost us cash it would send a big message out to the wider public as it would carry significant media coverage.

Blaster
09-02-2018, 01:11 PM
Do two trips from the Huns really bring in that money?

They club would have to market it.

Sell it as the “Stand up to Rangers” game. I know I’d be inclined to bring my kids to a game against Rangers if there were only 300 of them, so there’s an extra two for the pot.

J

3800 x average 20 quid a ticket = 76000 by my calculations

X2 so £150k

So yes we need to factor in that we give them some and we’d sell some but I’d expect extra police costs to segregate and probably the 20 quid average is on the conservative side

I’d like nothing better than to restrict their tickets if we can guarantee selling them. Absolutely. It’s the folk that say restrict them irrespective that don’t see the financial impact

Phil MaGlass
09-02-2018, 01:11 PM
No, it's not just you.

I think it's weird.

There is a right way to go about it, and a wrong way. I think it is an empty gesture and that it totally smacks of oneupmanship.

The right things to do would be to slash Sevco's allocation when they come to Easter Road (as has been suggested). Make them feel as unwelcome as we can without crossing any boundaries.

I don't much like going down the statement route, but I think that the problem needs to be highlighted. The media just get bullied, they bow to the lunatic fringe. Some sort of official statement would by now be welcome. Hibs have been quiet and dignified for a while, but enough is enough. Rangers cranked up the poisonous atmosphere that exists between the clubs after the 2016 cup final and I think Hibs have done the right thing not to get involved up until now. But when our blind fans are being assaulted at Ibrox, someone has to stand up and demonstrate that this is not acceptable.

Not that I think it will happen. There is a Sevco-sympathising (or possibly fearing) faction within Easter Road, who I am not convinced give a flying one.

so whats the answer then if nothing will be done?

Smartie
09-02-2018, 01:14 PM
so whats the answer then if nothing will be done?

I don't know.

But I'm fairly convinced a minute's applause with Aberdeen's fans will not make a big difference.

Ringothedog
09-02-2018, 01:14 PM

How about chanting “if you hate the ****ing Rangers clap your hands” we could do this on the 30th minute

Phil MaGlass
09-02-2018, 01:17 PM
I don't know.

But I'm fairly convinced a minute's applause with Aberdeen's fans will not make a big difference.

seems everything we do does not make a difference, maybe we should all go back and hide under that fenian ******* rock we came from then?

Wembley67
09-02-2018, 01:18 PM

Agreed.

My wee nephew got deliberately tripped up by a Motherwell fan a few years ago and he burst his lip on the ground but just got on with it.

Aye, it's manky but a banner is a bit daft for obvious reasons.

Smartie
09-02-2018, 01:31 PM
seems everything we do does not make a difference, maybe we should all go back and hide under that fenian ******* rock we came from then?

I think we need something from within Hibs - whether it is a strong word behind the scenes, or going to war publicly.

TBH going to war publicly would be my choice.

There was some strong, emotive language that came from Jabba and Sevco following the Scottish Cup final directed at the Hibs support. The press were willing enough to pick up on that. Rangers have exploited a sense of victimhood within their own support, and they have built on it with their nonsensical and inflammatory outbursts since. It is not innocent and victimless - our fans are being bottled on the underground and blind fans are being spat on. Enough is surely enough. Many of us at various times over the decades have just decided to stop going, but that shouldn't have to happen.

We're not alone here. We're not isolated. Hearts fans have had grief at Ibrox, even Stenhousemuir fans got grief at Ibrox. Celtic playing Rangers has a massive effect on the whole of the West of Scotland (and beyond). Aberdeen get grief with them. Dundee United get grief with them.

It is not acceptable. Isolated incidents (like the Motherwell one above) happen everywhere, all the time, but nowhere other than Ibrox is there an accepted culture of bullying, intimidation, violence and bigotry. It's disgusting.

Petrie and Dempster need to grow a set. Or sit in that corner of Ibrox at a game and feel what it is really like.

Or is there a concern that by speaking up on a subject like this that they might miss out on a job at Ibrox/ elsewhere in Glasgow in future?

givescotlandfreedom
09-02-2018, 01:44 PM

Definitely not just you.

Keith_M
09-02-2018, 01:49 PM

Nope, I think there's a few people share your feelings.

Captain Trips
09-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Watched a few wee videos from Sevco end and when it went 1-1 the 40,000 err I mean the small minority started the billy boys only to be silenced by us going 2-1 up what a joy.

Keep them silenced by ripping then a new one.

Captain Trips
09-02-2018, 02:15 PM
Carl was spat on first and foremost for supporting Hibs no different from you or I. Any disability is irelevant for me . If a bunch of fans decided to try and assault me and my friend and we ran off he would be caught as he is heavier than me and not as fast a runner you then wouldnt say at fat fan was spat on in paper.

I have seen some shocking stuff in my years going to games Carls just sits in their with the rest of it and a factor in why I will never set foot in that stadium unless we are in fully behind goals like the cup. I have seen coins, food and drink launched among other things. I am actually pissed this gets highlighted yet week after week the stuff they sing is a disgrace that could fill a back page for fun.

Sevco not wanted or needed here or in England. The league doesnt need a strong Sevco it just needs a strong anyone to challenge.

I am in no way having a go at Carl and hope he feels ok after it all as all he is doing is going to the match harming nobody.

BroxburnHibee
09-02-2018, 02:20 PM
What exactly needs to happen before someone at Hibs comes out and tells it like it is about this disgusting club and it's so called fans?

Frank/Tracey? Anything to say on this matter?

Not like it's the first time.

Halmyre Hibee
09-02-2018, 02:23 PM
I think that a Hibs official should always be in amongst the fans at all away games and report back to the board whether the experience is good, bad or indifferent.

In addition the SPFL should send officials to games unannounced (like a mystery shopper) in amongst the away fans to experience how that support is treated by all parties i.e police, stewards, home support etc. It should also observe how well behaved the away support is to balance things out.

I have not been back to Ibrox since a League Cup semi final (2nd Leg) in 1985 after being spat on, abused verbally with sectarian filth and fearing for my safety and have no desire to return.

I would like to see Hibs cut the allocation of Rangers to 1000 away fans for the next home game against them but doubt the board would do this for financial reasons. I for one would not like to sit in the same end as them so not 100% sure if we would sell out (less the no mans land segregation part).

Worth a try though.

Golden Bear
09-02-2018, 02:46 PM
I think that a Hibs official should always be in amongst the fans at all away games and report back to the board whether the experience is good, bad or indifferent.

In addition the SPFL should send officials to games unannounced (like a mystery shopper) in amongst the away fans to experience how that support is treated by all parties i.e police, stewards, home support etc. It should also observe how well behaved the away support is to balance things out.

I have not been back to Ibrox since a League Cup semi final (2nd Leg) in 1985 after being spat on, abused verbally with sectarian filth and fearing for my safety and have no desire to return.

I would like to see Hibs cut the allocation of Rangers to 1000 away fans for the next home game against them but doubt the board would do this for financial reasons. I for one would not like to sit in the same end as them so not 100% sure if we would sell out (less the no mans land segregation part).

Worth a try though.

Good post.

I'm the same, I can't remember the exact year but its the eighties since I was last there and quite frankly I doubt if I'll ever be back as I'm too auld to cope with the hassle that might ensue.

Jay
09-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Carl was spat on first and foremost for supporting Hibs no different from you or I. Any disability is irelevant for me . If a bunch of fans decided to try and assault me and my friend and we ran off he would be caught as he is heavier than me and not as fast a runner you then wouldnt say at fat fan was spat on in paper.

I have seen some shocking stuff in my years going to games Carls just sits in their with the rest of it and a factor in why I will never set foot in that stadium unless we are in fully behind goals like the cup. I have seen coins, food and drink launched among other things. I am actually pissed this gets highlighted yet week after week the stuff they sing is a disgrace that could fill a back page for fun.

Sevco not wanted or needed here or in England. The league doesnt need a strong Sevco it just needs a strong anyone to challenge.

I am in no way having a go at Carl and hope he feels ok after it all as all he is doing is going to the match harming nobody.

Its not irrelevant. His disability makes him much more vulnerable and unlikely to be able to retaliate. It was done by cowards. I agree spitting at anybody is disgusting regardless of their abilitys/size etc though.

Bristolhibby
09-02-2018, 04:07 PM
3800 x average 20 quid a ticket = 76000 by my calculations

X2 so £150k

So yes we need to factor in that we give them some and we’d sell some but I’d expect extra police costs to segregate and probably the 20 quid average is on the conservative side

I’d like nothing better than to restrict their tickets if we can guarantee selling them. Absolutely. It’s the folk that say restrict them irrespective that don’t see the financial impact

Not for this year, but a couple of extra games in a cup would more than cover that.

Hibs need to make a point.

We hate your filth, we hate your fans, you are not welcome here. Yes it is personal, yes it is just your club.

What more can they do? Cut our numbers.

I’m really angry and the spitting on a blind fan is just one of many.
Bottles thrown at kids, random scarfers punches going to their home ground, bigoted *****, general ****bag behaviour.

Their numbers embolden them. Yes more cops in ER, but a damn sight less nonsense outside the ground.

And you would absolutely get more Hibees through the gate, even if it is just as a ****** you to the Huns and their vile organisation.

J

SirDavidsNapper
09-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Are we really having a minutes applause for this? Really?

Hibrandenburg
09-02-2018, 04:14 PM
Maybe someone a lot cleverer than me could set up a survey asking fans which Scottish away day is the worst. It could be shared with other clubs around the country and the data could be compiled and presented to the SFA. Only problem is that we might actually take 3rd place behind Rantic in a horrible fans league.

Carheenlea
09-02-2018, 04:20 PM
What exactly needs to happen before someone at Hibs comes out and tells it like it is about this disgusting club and it's so called fans?

Frank/Tracey? Anything to say on this matter?

Not like it's the first time.

Tracey has a few items on a list that she will be bringing up with our safety officer, and I'd imagine this incident with Carl Macar will also be included. I have no idea what happens next, but I'd hope that the security officer will then be raising this with Rangers, otherwise the whole exercise is pointless.
I think there must be dialogue between the clubs though, because despite this not painting a pretty picture along with a couple of other complaints from last Saturday's game, the policing of home Rangers/Celtic games against Hibs has changed for the better compared to what it once was. By standing up for ourselves over these latest issues, like it looks like we have done with previous complaints, there is a greater chance of seeing some noticeable change.

kaimendhibs
09-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Not for this year, but a couple of extra games in a cup would more than cover that.

We hate your filth, we hate your fans, you are not welcome here. Yes it is personal, yes it is just your club.

Bottles thrown at kids, random scarfers punches going to their home ground, bigoted *****, general ****bag behaviour.

Their numbers embolden them. Yes more cops in ER, but a damn sight less nonsense outside the ground.

And you would absolutely get more Hibees through the gate, even if it is just as a ****** you to the Huns and their vile organisation.

JI'm with you.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Captain Trips
09-02-2018, 04:30 PM
Its not irrelevant. His disability makes him much more vulnerable and unlikely to be able to retaliate. It was done by cowards. I agree spitting at anybody is disgusting regardless of their abilitys/size etc though.

It is irrelevant IMO he was spat on for being a Hibs fan his disability may have made him more noticeable perhaps so yeah he was an easy target but people with no disability have also had things done to them.

It has highlighted that some of that support is horrid but that incident should be a footnote to the disgraceful song book sang there weekly. The press can then look to be impartial on stuff they can say all fans might do so it looks like they are condemning Sevco whilst being able to ignore the other issues on Saturday.

superfurryhibby
09-02-2018, 05:04 PM

J

I think the financial hit would be minimal, esspecially given how we are selling these games out so quickly. Factor in the additional Hibs fans able to go and the loss would be worth it. For one game only we should give them the same percentage of our capacity as they give us.

It is about time out board put their heads above the fence on the treatment of Hibs fans at Ibrox. I've not been since the mid 90's. The only time in my life I've been close to being arrested. Dirty Hun ****s abusing a Dad and a ten year old, police not interested other than telling me to shut it or they'll lift me. *******s the lot of them.

WeeRussell
09-02-2018, 05:56 PM

Being fatter than you isn’t a disability though. If he got caught because he only had one leg... that would rightly make the papers.

WestStandWillie
09-02-2018, 06:03 PM
A minutes applause fir a laddie that got gobbed on? Come oan now.
If we’re daeing that then we’re gonna have a backdated list of minutes applause.

Shocking from the huns but its nowt new. Sub human morons.

Captain Trips
09-02-2018, 07:15 PM
Being fatter than you isn’t a disability though. If he got caught because he only had one leg... that would rightly make the papers.

So spitting on Carl is worse than spitting on me and deserves to make the papers? I personally do not think being spat on should be reported ahead of the signing at the match IMO.

I was not at Ibrox on Saturday and never been in that corner for years it would be interesting to know from regulars what exactly goes on in there from the Sevco fans near them, I bet its a damn disgrace.

For me this just gives the press the chance to condemn Sevco if they wish and give the impression they are not bias as spitting could be by any clubs fans were as fenian basas etc in just with them.

Sorry Rangers we need to have a wee go at some of your fans about the old spitting but don't worry we will leave the old sectarian stuff out of it whilst looking to slap your wrists. As you were Sevco.

weecounty hibby
09-02-2018, 07:32 PM

J
Very good post. I am a ST holder and would be happy to contribute more if it meant lease of these excuses for humans at our ground to make up for any shortfall. They are disgusting and the less of them the easier to control and the more enjoyable our day would be. C'mon Leeann you know it makes sense cut their allocation like the play off game

Sir David Gray
09-02-2018, 07:37 PM
Assuming we make the top six and assuming the game against them after the split is at Easter Road, we should make a stand and give them the same proportion of tickets that we get for Ibrox, i.e. around 450 tickets.

To hell with them.

Iggy Pope
09-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Assuming we make the top six and assuming the game against them after the split is at Easter Road, we should make a stand and give them the same proportion of tickets that we get for Ibrox, i.e. around 450 tickets.

To hell with them.

We'd never get planning through the council.

Galahibby
09-02-2018, 07:56 PM

Thank God someone else has said this! No offence to the guy, and I completely agree that whoever did this to Carl is the lowest of the low, but a minute's applause has come to mean a minute's respect for someone who has passed, and it should be left at that imo.

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2018, 08:06 PM
Thank God someone else has said this! No offence to the guy, and I completely agree that whoever did this to Carl is the lowest of the low, but a minute's applause has come to mean a minute's respect for someone who has passed, and it should be left at that imo.

Agreed, the fact that an applause has somehow become tbe recognised symbol of respect doesn't sit well with me anyway. To now try to use it as an acknowledgement of support for a victim of spitting makes no sense at all to me.

shetlandhibee
09-02-2018, 08:10 PM
30 seconds(imo it should only be for people thats passed away but because its sort of been organized now)clapping then 30 seconds if you hate the ,,,,,,,,rankers clap your hands :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
09-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Tracey has a few items on a list that she will be bringing up with our safety officer, and I'd imagine this incident with Carl Macar will also be included. I have no idea what happens next, but I'd hope that the security officer will then be raising this with Rangers, otherwise the whole exercise is pointless.
I think there must be dialogue between the clubs though, because despite this not painting a pretty picture along with a couple of other complaints from last Saturday's game, the policing of home Rangers/Celtic games against Hibs has changed for the better compared to what it once was. By standing up for ourselves over these latest issues, like it looks like we have done with previous complaints, there is a greater chance of seeing some noticeable change.

This is not a criticism of Hibs, the fans reps, the police or anybody else, but I think this is entirely missing the point. That point being that its not progress having better stewarding or better policing at Ibrox making away fans safer. Progress will be when those extra better trained stewards and extra police aren't needed at all.

Progress will be when the massive number of moronic idiots who follow that club are made to face up to the fact that its not acceptable to hurl sectarian abuse at people, its not acceptable to throw stuff at them, and it sure as hell isn't appropriate to spit on anybody, never mind disabled people. Is it not the case that the incident with their supporters bus in Easter Road a year or so ago was caused by one of them opening the doors and spitting on a wee Hibs fan who was with his dad on the way to the game? ....... they are the vilest cretins on the planet. Every club has its idiots, including Hibs, but they seem to be a breed apart when it comes to the extent and size of the problem they have, its massively out of proportion to even a club of their size.

Every club, every damned club, from the biggest to the smallest visiting that stadium more than once comes away with one story or another of incidents inside or outside the ground .... a few seasons ago even the chairman of Morton had a go at them in the club's programme about the way their fans were abused ( not Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts ..... Morton FFS ) even fans of the one club they might consider closest to their 19th century mindset in the aforementioned Hearts don't get a pass ........... nobody is immune from their bile.

Their fans forums are a cesspit of sectarian bigotry where posts promoting violence against fans of other clubs don't even merit a raised eyebrow from whatever the have that passes for an admin and where any condemnation of their disgusting, bigoted and violent behaviour that appears in the press or TV is dismissed as anything from lies to jealousy to a Catholic conspiracy.

The last place to look for condemnation of or a solution to this behaviour is within the corridors of Ibrox ... since its rise from the grave 5 years ago the people running that club far from condemning what goes on have pandered to the worst elements of its support. If its paranoid, bigoted or looking for absolution for pure hooliganism it can count on support or at the very least a blind eye from the very people who should be the voice of reason.

Its a vile club from top to bottom and until those of their fans who think it is appropriate to do away with its 19th century religious nonsense and drag its approach to supporter behaviour out of the 70s can make a dent it always will be.

As for a minutes applause ....... no way, that's for acknowledging national events or remembrance of people of significance to this football club, including its supporters and IMO to use it as a way of showing our disgust at this incident, no matter how abhorrent it was, would be to cheapen it.

adhibs
09-02-2018, 08:17 PM
30 seconds(imo it should only be for people thats passed away but because its sort of been organized now)clapping then 30 seconds if you hate the ,,,,,,,,rankers clap your hands :thumbsup:

A minute of 'if you hate the ****ing rangers' would be good.

O'Rourke3
09-02-2018, 08:51 PM
A minute or even 30 seconds of applause is only any good if the reporters at the game and the BBC actually mention it, what its about and why both sets of fame are engaging. That feels unlikely.

Scouse Hibee
09-02-2018, 08:57 PM
There must have been plenty of witnesses to this surely.
Have statements been given to the Police?

Rocky
09-02-2018, 09:05 PM
How about chanting “if you hate the ****ing Rangers clap your hands” we could do this on the 30th minute

Brilliant shout - I'm in

hibsbollah
09-02-2018, 09:15 PM

I'd love that to happen. Sadly, it won't. I like Dempster, but she's shown a lack of a sack in dealing with der hun up to now.

Sir David Gray
09-02-2018, 09:16 PM

How about we nick another one of their tunes?

To the tune of "I think we're alone now";

We hate Rangers
Everybody hates Glasgow Rangers

jacomo
09-02-2018, 09:18 PM

Much better plan.

snooky
09-02-2018, 09:18 PM
A minute of 'if you hate the ****ing rangers' would be good.

Much as I am certainly no fan of the Ibrox institution, a few of my mates are Rangers fans and are decent blokes.
I don't think it's right to condemn them all in this manner. Okay, TRFC have more than their share of morons I grant you however, I'd rather we made a more civilised condemnation of the spitting incident than a mass chant of "if you hate the ****ing rangers".
That's their type of anthem - it shouldn't be ours.

Fergos
09-02-2018, 09:21 PM
I'd love that to happen. Sadly, it won't. I like Dempster, but she's shown a lack of a sack in dealing with der hun up to now.

She did over the Scott Allen deal.

Outside of this however I'd agree and would also agree that this should at least be further up her agenda now.

GGTTH

weecounty hibby
09-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Much as I am certainly no fan of the Ibrox institution, a few of my mates are Rangers fans and are decent blokes.
I don't think it's right to condemn them all in this manner. Okay, TRFC have more than their share of morons I grant you however, I'd rather we made a more civilised condemnation of the spitting incident than a mass chant of "if you hate the ****ing rangers".
That's their type of anthem - it shouldn't be ours.
I'd rather that the "decent" rangers fans didn't stand by and let this kind of **** happen, and the bigotry, and the violence towards opposing fans, and all the other absolutely disgraceful things that they have been in complicit in letting happen for years. The only thing needed for evil to prosper is for good men to walk by!!

Elephant Stone
09-02-2018, 09:51 PM
How about we nick another one of their tunes?

To the tune of "I think we're alone now";

We hate Rangers
Everybody hates Glasgow Rangers

****ing no chance.

silverhibee
09-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Your Scotland's shame
Your Scotland's shame
The Glasgow Rangers
Your Scotland's shame

Baldy Foghorn
09-02-2018, 11:51 PM
This is not a criticism of Hibs, the fans reps, the police or anybody else, but I think this is entirely missing the point. That point being that its not progress having better stewarding or better policing at Ibrox making away fans safer. Progress will be when those extra better trained stewards and extra police aren't needed at all.

Progress will be when the massive number of moronic idiots who follow that club are made to face up to the fact that its not acceptable to hurl sectarian abuse at people, its not acceptable to throw stuff at them, and it sure as hell isn't appropriate to spit on anybody, never mind disabled people. Is it not the case that the incident with their supporters bus in Easter Road a year or so ago was caused by one of them opening the doors and spitting on a wee Hibs fan who was with his dad on the way to the game? ....... they are the vilest cretins on the planet. Every club has its idiots, including Hibs, but they seem to be a breed apart when it comes to the extent and size of the problem they have, its massively out of proportion to even a club of their size.

Every club, every damned club, from the biggest to the smallest visiting that stadium more than once comes away with one story or another of incidents inside or outside the ground .... a few seasons ago even the chairman of Morton had a go at them in the club's programme about the way their fans were abused ( not Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts ..... Morton FFS ) even fans of the one club they might consider closest to their 19th century mindset in the aforementioned Hearts don't get a pass ........... nobody is immune from their bile.

Their fans forums are a cesspit of sectarian bigotry where posts promoting violence against fans of other clubs don't even merit a raised eyebrow from whatever the have that passes for an admin and where any condemnation of their disgusting, bigoted and violent behaviour that appears in the press or TV is dismissed as anything from lies to jealousy to a Catholic conspiracy.

The last place to look for condemnation of or a solution to this behaviour is within the corridors of Ibrox ... since its rise from the grave 5 years ago the people running that club far from condemning what goes on have pandered to the worst elements of its support. If its paranoid, bigoted or looking for absolution for pure hooliganism it can count on support or at the very least a blind eye from the very people who should be the voice of reason.

Its a vile club from top to bottom and until those of their fans who think it is appropriate to do away with its 19th century religious nonsense and drag its approach to supporter behaviour out of the 70s can make a dent it always will be.

As for a minutes applause ....... no way, that's for acknowledging national events or remembrance of people of significance to this football club, including its supporters and IMO to use it as a way of showing our disgust at this incident, no matter how abhorrent it was, would be to cheapen it.

Spot on:top marks

poolman
10-02-2018, 12:16 AM

What an excellent post Sir :agree:

SouthMoroccoStu
10-02-2018, 07:11 AM
Update from Carl via social media

“Apparently the Rangers fan who spat on me has been named and shamed and thrown out his flute band?”

Maybe tongue and cheek on the flute band part (or maybe not) but good to see the orcs turning on their own.

Would be great to share this cretins’ name far and wide

JimBHibees
10-02-2018, 08:51 AM

Brilliantly put. :not worth

Carheenlea
10-02-2018, 09:13 AM

I don't see how I was missing the point. It is a fact to say that policing and stewarding has improved at Ibrox in very recent times, as it has at Celtic Park.
The incident with Carl Macar was disgusting, but he won't be the last person to be spat at, and such vile acts are not exclusive to football. I've been going to Ibrox to watch Hibs for over 30 years, and it's now as safe and comfortable as it has ever been for us there. A long way to go of course, but things are improving and progress is being made, albeit slowly.
From my experience, Ibrox is now a decent day out - at one time it wasn't.

Bostonhibby
10-02-2018, 10:06 AM
I don't see how I was missing the point. It is a fact to say that policing and stewarding has improved at Ibrox in very recent times, as it has at Celtic Park.
The incident with Carl Macar was disgusting, but he won't be the last person to be spat at, and such vile acts are not exclusive to football. I've been going to Ibrox to watch Hibs for over 30 years, and it's now as safe and comfortable as it has ever been for us there. A long way to go of course, but things are improving and progress is being made, albeit slowly.
From my experience, Ibrox is now a decent day out - at one time it wasn't.My wife, was unlucky enough to have been spat on at the game I mentioned above, more than 30 years ago.

Another one of their trudishuns I guess, Scotlands police, politicians and football authorities seem happy to perpetuate them as whilst there seems to be progress it's at best slow.

Scotland's shame doesn't begin to describe them for me.

WeeRussell
10-02-2018, 10:21 AM
So spitting on Carl is worse than spitting on me and deserves to make the papers? I personally do not think being spat on should be reported ahead of the signing at the match IMO.

I was not at Ibrox on Saturday and never been in that corner for years it would be interesting to know from regulars what exactly goes on in there from the Sevco fans near them, I bet its a damn disgrace.

For me this just gives the press the chance to condemn Sevco if they wish and give the impression they are not bias as spitting could be by any clubs fans were as fenian basas etc in just with them.

Sorry Rangers we need to have a wee go at some of your fans about the old spitting but don't worry we will leave the old sectarian stuff out of it whilst looking to slap your wrists. As you were Sevco.

You’ll find I am in total agreement with you re the sectarian bile that comes from their stands EVERY game, and I’ve never hidden that on here. I’ve also said in an earlier post on this thread that one person spitting at Carl doesn’t represent the whole rangers crowd, regardless of how collectively ****my they are.

I was just pointing out that it of course it’s going to be reported that the guy is disabled. A bit like when an individual of ‘ours’ spat at a ballboy at tynecastle and was righty called out for it.. difference being he was roundly criticised at the time, after the game on here etc etc

It’s still a disgusting act whether it’s at a fully capable adult or not, but if the offender was aware he was targeting a blind man... it makes it that bit lower and shocking in my opinion.

Baldy Foghorn
10-02-2018, 11:03 AM
My wife, was unlucky enough to have been spat on at the game I mentioned above, more than 30 years ago.

Another one of their trudishuns I guess, Scotlands police, politicians and football authorities seem happy to perpetuate them as whilst there seems to be progress it's at best slow.

Scotland's shame doesn't begin to describe them for me.

I was spat upon by a big "bear" when I was 16, after we had beaten them. Lovely people they are.

wpj
10-02-2018, 11:17 AM
Carl has taken a lot of stick on here but to be honest he is a true supporter of Sunderland and Hibs and I hope this disgusting incident doesn't put him off enjoying his football.

Jim44
10-02-2018, 11:32 AM
Interestingly or maybe not, they have closed the obnoxious thread on FF. I don’t know if that was because even their broad minded admins felt they had gone far enough with their poisonous bile or maybe they wanted to save it all for another day and other ‘targets’.

Since90+2
10-02-2018, 11:32 AM
My wife was spat on by a Rangers fan when she was around 14/15. Seems to be a recurring theme with them.

Bristolhibby
10-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Spitting really is the lowest of the low.

I’d rather take a punch than be spat on.

J

murray26
10-02-2018, 11:46 AM
I was spat at when I was about 10 years old outside pierces bar.. my pal had his Hibs hat knocked off his head and it fell down one of those basement flats.. as he went down to retrieve it one of them started to urinate towards it from the street much to the amusement of his knuckle dragging pals.. I’ve hated them ever since.. lovely people..

NAE NOOKIE
10-02-2018, 01:47 PM
From my experience, Ibrox is now a decent day out - at one time it wasn't.

It wasn't a criticism of what you said as such Carheenlea ..... I've no reason to doubt that what you said was probably correct in the context of better policing and stewarding, its been a long time since I've been to Ibrox so I'm happy to bow to your greater knowledge of how it is these days. The point I was trying to make is that its of no credit to the Sevco support that things are better for away fans.

That's the crux of the matter when it comes to this issue .... Having to build a stronger and more secure lunatic asylum isn't evidence that your attempts to cure and rehabilitate the inmates are working which is the real problem at Ibrox. They will only cease to be Scottish football's biggest disgrace and embarrassment when they themselves change things as a support. Until that happens they will get no credit from me for the fact that the zoo keepers are doing a better job with the animals.

HibeeHibernian4
10-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Until that happens they will get no credit from me for the fact that the zoo keepers are doing a better job with the animals.

Fantastic analogy, buckled at that :greengrin

Smartie
10-02-2018, 02:08 PM
I was gobbed on by one when I was about 15/16 as well. A right scrawny wee lad I was, and he was a "bear" in every sense.

To be honest, it looks like getting gobbed on by huns is part of our tradition and culture.

On a separate note, the night that Ivan Sproule scored his hat-trick at Ibrox I went to see Andrew Maxwell at the pleasance. He did his routine about being caught amongst Rangers fans after a game, and being gobbed on. It used to be on Youtube, but no longer is. No doubt he's had his windows panned and death threats for insulting the traditions of one of Scotland's finest establishments. One of my favourite ever bits of comedy though, he even brought his "Ireland" jacket out and put it on.

Cardinal G
10-02-2018, 05:14 PM
Lads had no luck, just been on radio newcastle as he was down Bristol today for the sunderland match, unfortunately he left at half time when they were 3 nil down to sit in the bus and missed the comeback as they came back to draw 3 - 3

Hibrandenburg
10-02-2018, 07:31 PM
I was spat upon by a big "bear" when I was 16, after we had beaten them. Lovely people they are.

I got spat on by John McDonald as he was going up the tunnel after getting sent off at Easter Road. It's not just their fans that are vile.

10-02-2018, 09:03 PM
I was gobbed on by one when I was about 15/16 as well. A right scrawny wee lad I was, and he was a "bear" in every sense.

To be honest, it looks like getting gobbed on by huns is part of our tradition and culture.

On a separate note, the night that Ivan Sproule scored his hat-trick at Ibrox I went to see Andrew Maxwell at the pleasance. He did his routine about being caught amongst Rangers fans after a game, and being gobbed on. It used to be on Youtube, but no longer is. No doubt he's had his windows panned and death threats for insulting the traditions of one of Scotland's finest establishments. One of my favourite ever bits of comedy though, he even brought his "Ireland" jacket out and put it on.

I really like Andrew Maxwell and remember the bit he did about the Hibs Rangers match. Just tried to find it too but couldn't, think I've got an audio version of it somewhere. Did find a good 4 minute clip he does about Edinburgh/Leith Walk.

https://youtu.be/89nuVZEHVHE

Allant1981
10-02-2018, 10:10 PM
not related to the spitting incident but does he have someone with him at each game?

givescotlandfreedom
11-02-2018, 01:41 AM
Now one of the is threatening him on Facebook and genuinely trying to pull the moral high ground about name calling. Really classy as always.

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2018, 03:11 AM
I was around 10 years old, and with a friend and we went to a Rangers game at Easter Road, having told our parents that we were going up town to buy records. We were set upon by a group of men in their 30’s and possibly even 40’s, who came off a Rangers supporters bus and saw our Hibs scarves. They spat, punched and kicked at us, calling us, predictiably, fienian *******s. Of course we had no knowledge of what this meant. The most disturbing thing was the attitude of the other Rangers supporters, who just laughed or egged on those strange, inadequate men whom I would now regard as cowards who were no better than paedophilles.

It took me a long time not to judge all Rangers supporters in the same way. The thing that I find really galling is that many of the sneering onlookers would probably normally be reasonable family men, who were poisoned by the bizarre and malignant culture of that club and the others who associate themselves with it.

HibsEK
11-02-2018, 03:17 AM
not related to the spitting incident but does he have someone with him at each game?

Yeh he travels mainly himself but always has somone with him at the games.

SideBurns
11-02-2018, 04:33 AM
I really like Andrew Maxwell and remember the bit he did about the Hibs Rangers match. Just tried to find it too but couldn't, think I've got an audio version of it somewhere. Did find a good 4 minute clip he does about Edinburgh/Leith Walk.

https://youtu.be/89nuVZEHVHE

I had been to Andrew Maxwell's show the week before Ivan's hat trick when he told that story about being caught amongst the Huns at ER. Seven days later, walking out of Ibrox at FT with the rest of the jubilant Hibbies I see the back of a green, white & gold 'Boston Fighting Irish' jacket right in front of me. Lo and behold, it was Andrew Maxwell. I tapped him on the shoulder and said "I see you've no learned yer lesson?". The boy's a radge.

Allant1981
11-02-2018, 07:17 AM
Yeh he travels mainly himself but always has somone with him at the games.

ahh, at least he had someone with him, hate to think what would have happened had he been on his own

Ronniekirk
11-02-2018, 08:29 AM
I was around 10 years old, and with a friend and we went to a Rangers game at Easter Road, having told our parents that we were going up town to buy records. We were set upon by a group of men in their 30’s and possibly even 40’s, who came off a Rangers supporters bus and saw our Hibs scarves. They spat, punched and kicked at us, calling us, predictiably, fienian *******s. Of course we had no knowledge of what this meant. The most disturbing thing was the attitude of the other Rangers supporters, who just laughed or egged on those strange, inadequate men whom I would now regard as cowards who were no better than paedophilles.

It took me a long time not to judge all Rangers supporters in the same way. The thing that I find really galling is that many of the sneering onlookers would probably normally be reasonable family men, who were poisoned by the bizarre and malignant culture of that club and the others who associate themselves with it.

I remember as a student standing outside ibrox with my hibs scarf waiting on a friend to arrive Was punched spat on and called a stupid catholic who couldn't count to ten
I replied My Fathers a Mason and i be got a Degree but your wasting your time with that element of their support
Another time me and my son and a friend were followed fora few miles by a group of Northern Irish speaking Rangers minded bigots They just kept saying We best you you Catholic *******s They even followed is in to a supermarket and made my son so nervous he dropped his bottle of drink and it smashed on the floor
Am sure a lot of fans will have their own stories and in fifty years time it will still be going on
I have no idea how you stamp this out But its never stopped me going to ibrox when i can get a ticket and thankfully i have seen many a win there

Jim44
11-02-2018, 10:58 AM
What amazes me is that they, at every opportunity, accuse other teams’ fans of victimisation and terrorising.

Baldy Foghorn
11-02-2018, 11:03 AM
What amazes me is that they, at every opportunity, accuse other teams’ fans of victimisation and terrorising.

Delusional, in a bubble wrapped time warp

Dashing Bob S
11-02-2018, 11:09 AM
I remember as a student standing outside ibrox with my hibs scarf waiting on a friend to arrive Was punched spat on and called a stupid catholic who couldn't count to ten
I replied My Fathers a Mason and i be got a Degree but your wasting your time with that element of their support
Another time me and my son and a friend were followed fora few miles by a group of Northern Irish speaking Rangers minded bigots They just kept saying We best you you Catholic *******s They even followed is in to a supermarket and made my son so nervous he dropped his bottle of drink and it smashed on the floor
Am sure a lot of fans will have their own stories and in fifty years time it will still be going on
I have no idea how you stamp this out But its never stopped me going to ibrox when i can get a ticket and thankfully i have seen many a win there

It’s interesting to speculate how those guys (now old men) would see this incident now. I’m sure some would be unrepentant, thinking perhaps they had taught some kind of lesson to subhuman Catholic **** (both of whom were Christened CofS but allow them their delusions) while others have probably airbrushed this (and maybe other similar incidents) from their minds. I’m sure there must be a few, who is age and reflection, must feel regret and shame. But perhaps I’m doing them too much service. However, I believe that people are basically the same and become brutalized through their interactions and associations. I’ve watched a few folks, usually ETB era glory hunters who previously had no connection with Rangers, become ‘radicalized’ by sectarianism due to their involvement in ‘supporting’ this club.

Hibrandenburg
11-02-2018, 11:14 AM
My first experience was when travelling with the St Giles branch back in the 70's. We'd stopped in a wee town on our way back from a game so to have a toilet break. All the young lads used the chance for a quick couple of pints and the bus was sat waiting for them with only a few women and old codgers left on the bus looking after us kids. 2 buses full of Huns pulled up next to us and then stormed the bus punching and spitting on everyone on board. They soon ****ed off though when the others returned to the bus. Absolute animals who have been conditioned to hate and despise everything that might be Catholic.

Smartie
11-02-2018, 11:19 AM
It’s interesting to speculate how those guys (now old men) would see this incident now. I’m sure some would be unrepentant, thinking perhaps they had taught some kind of lesson to subhuman Catholic **** (both of whom were Christened CofS but allow them their delusions) while others have probably airbrushed this (and maybe other similar incidents) from their minds. I’m sure there must be a few, who is age and reflection, must feel regret and shame. But perhaps I’m doing them too much service. However, I believe that people are basically the same and become brutalized through their interactions and associations. I’ve watched a few folks, usually ETB era glory hunters who previously had no connection with Rangers, become ‘radicalized’ by sectarianism due to their involvement in ‘supporting’ this club.

It happens a lot. It seems to be that for many people, when you choose that team you choose an entire outlook on life - you hate half of your country because of the church that they don't go to, you buy a set of political beliefs, you define everything you do through it.

To be fair, I've also known a few who have become totally turned off by it. I have a good mate who was an East coast Rangers fan who became a Rangers fan because he was given a Rangers top by a neighbour when he was a kid. He doesn't recognise the new club as being the same, and as a fairly left-leaning "Yes" voter found himself increasingly at odds with other Rangers fans over the past few years - he lost any real sense of belonging at Ibrox.

I don't think he's alone.

Baldy Foghorn
11-02-2018, 11:19 AM
I got spat on by John McDonald as he was going up the tunnel after getting sent off at Easter Road. It's not just their fans that are vile.

Vermin from top to bottom

FranckSuzy
11-02-2018, 12:06 PM
When I was about 13, my friend and I were walking down ER before a game v them and as we passed Middletons, a charming, portly 'man' said to me "I would have sh***ed you but you're a fenian". Of course, I was absolutely devastated that by wearing a Hibs scarf, I had effectively ruled myself out of the experience of a lifetime with this cretin but I've had to live with the disappointment... :crazy:

Of course, I am sure he would have seen the funny side of a comment like that if another vile creature had said that to his daughter/sister etc :rolleyes:

Bostonhibby
11-02-2018, 12:11 PM
When I was about 13, my friend and I were walking down ER before a game v them and as we passed Middletons, a charming, portly 'man' said to me "I would have sh***ed you but you're a fenian". Of course, I was absolutely devastated that by wearing a Hibs scarf, I had effectively ruled myself out of the experience of a lifetime with this cretin but I've had to live with the disappointment... :crazy:

Of course, I am sure he would have seen the funny side of a comment like that if another vile creature had said that to his daughter/sister etc :rolleyes:

Don't be offended, Its nothing personal S, I heard one said the exact same thing to an Irish Setter.:wink:

FranckSuzy
11-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Don't be offended, Its nothing personal S, I heard one said the exact same thing to an Irish Setter.:wink:

:faf: :top marks

Johnny Clash
11-02-2018, 02:26 PM
Nobody’s born a hateful sectarian bigot. These people are either indoctrinated from birth or they are cretins who happily adopt this hatred to make them feel part of the ‘loyalist/royalist’ community.
Their enemy was chosen in the 17th Century but most of them can’t string two sentences together to explain why they hate cafflicks or for that matter, anything that’s coloured green! Shamefully, this bigotry enjoys a certain amount of support from the establishment. They need exposing and ridiculed at every opportunity. How much hate from within does it take to gob on a blind man? As a previous thread said... ‘**** of the earth!’

Iggy Pope
11-02-2018, 02:44 PM
My first experience was when travelling with the St Giles branch back in the 70's. We'd stopped in a wee town on our way back from a game so to have a toilet break. All the young lads used the chance for a quick couple of pints and the bus was sat waiting for them with only a few women and old codgers left on the bus looking after us kids. 2 buses full of Huns pulled up next to us and then stormed the bus punching and spitting on everyone on board. They soon ****ed off though when the others returned to the bus. Absolute animals who have been conditioned to hate and despise everything that might be Catholic.

Must've been out their minds taking any St Giles bus on.

SRHibs
11-02-2018, 03:34 PM
The Huns are a bit of an angry lot. I remember I came up for the Rangers game a few years ago. I got off the 26 at the top of London Road and there was a coach in front that the Huns were alighting from. I must have an unlikable appearance because when I walked past, some guy (who was about 5’2, clearly with a Napoleon complex) started going absolutely mental at me - spitting at (not on) me, calling me a fenian faggot (was wearing ripped skinny jeans to be fair), and doing that faux ‘I’m being held back’ attempt at getting to me. Was an absurd experience and I just had a laugh.

The fact that they have so many of this type of fan is what makes it such an immensely satisfying thing to **** them at Ibrox!

Jay
11-02-2018, 04:34 PM

The last time I was at Ibrox,and it will be the last time, a group of about five or six of them id guess in their 30s spent most of the game telling me what they were going to do to me after the game and laughing at each others comments.There was a policeman not five feet from me the whole time (he was covered in a cup of something that got thrown at their first goal) I asked him if i was going to get a police escort to my car and he just shrugged his shoulders. They didnt intimidate me,they were just ********s who made me want to vomit.

The Harp
11-02-2018, 05:27 PM

My first Ibrox visit was with the St. Giles branch bus too in '63. There were a few of us who had never been to Ibrox before and we were well warned by Bernie G. (bus convener) what to expect, but I was still shocked by the experience. As we stepped off the bus we were greeted by two guys, one of them pulled out a western-style Bowie knife with the invitation "Come on anybody, anybody." After the shock of that, we made made our way to the ground with our Hibs scarves pretty much hidden inside jackets. This was in the days before segregation and at h/t with the score at 5-0 in favour of the Huns, about 6 of us were standing in a wee huddle on the terracing, discussing how we were going to approach the 2nd half. I remember feeling someone tapping me on the back and heard the words "hey Jimmy!..." and when I turned around I was head butted in the face. Not a pleasant experience for a raw 16 year old which I've never forgotten.
I did return to Ibrox after that but was always on guard and ready for anything. It's years now since I've gone to a game there, and at 70, it would need to be a crucial game to entice me back.

kaimendhibs
11-02-2018, 05:28 PM
The last time I was at Ibrox,and it will be the last time, a group of about five or six of them id guess in their 30s spent most of the game telling me what they were going to do to me after the game and laughing at each others comments.There was a policeman not five feet from me the whole time (he was covered in a cup of something that got thrown at their first goal) I asked him if i was going to get a police escort to my car and he just shrugged his shoulders. They didnt intimidate me,they were just ********s who made me want to vomit.Utter **** in a crowd. Not quite so brave one on one

Thecat23
11-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Many now saying it never happened on twitter. I’ve no idea myself, but apparently he was always posting some nasty stuff on his FB about The Rangers and made the story up! I’m sure if it did someone must have seen it and can back it up?

The Rangers fans are the lowest of the low and for me would do something like this, but seems he’s previous for lying.

Betty Boop
11-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Macar used to post on here, launched, if I remember correctly.

Kojock
11-02-2018, 08:40 PM
Macar used to post on here, launched, if I remember correctly.

The reason he was launched does him no favours either.

hibsbollah
11-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Many now saying it never happened on twitter. I’ve no idea myself, but apparently he was always posting some nasty stuff on his FB about The Rangers and made the story up! I’m sure if it did someone must have seen it and can back it up?

The Rangers fans are the lowest of the low and for me would do something like this, but seems he’s previous for lying.

To summarise, its gone...

You spat on me. Aye They spat on him. No we didnae.

On social media, then in the evening news, then on social media again.

Forgive me if I lose interest now.

CallumLaidlaw
11-02-2018, 09:21 PM

TC, TheRangers fans claiming something didn’t happen is hardly something new, as I’m witness to myself. I’m pretty sure immediately after the Rangers game there was a few posts on twitter from folk that actually witnessed this happening rather than just coming from Carl himself.

The rangers fans on twitter claiming it didn’t happen are also saying he clearly isn’t blind and that he’s just a bigot (only to then have to look back on a few of their own posts to see them talking about Tarriers, Taigs and Fenians [emoji85]

Sir David Gray
11-02-2018, 09:36 PM

I wouldn't like to think he's made this up. I can fully believe that a number of Rangers fans are certainly capable of this behaviour.

Until I hear something that proves otherwise, I'll believe that this happened.

oneone73
11-02-2018, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't like to think he's made this up. I can fully believe that a number of Rangers fans are certainly capable of this behaviour.

Until I hear something that proves otherwise, I'll believe that this happened.

One of the guys with Carl is a good friend of mine, a Glasgow Hibby who posts on the Bounce occasionally. It happened alright.

Nameless
11-02-2018, 10:01 PM
I was born in '82, into a family that had no interest whatsoever in football. Didn't go to my first game until I was 13 or 14 (circa 95/96), but what a game - against the Huns at Easter Road. Albertz scored a screamer early doors, Hibs go 2-1 up, then Leighton saves 2 penalties from Laudrup. The East was chaos, but my strongest memory was walking up to the station after the match. Me and my mate (from Fife) were behind a group of maybe 15 lads, mid to late 20's. All the way they stuck together, and not a single Hun was brave enough to get amongst them. Even at the station when they were down to 4 or 5 and the Huns were everywhere they faced them up. Aged 13 I learned that they were cowards and bullies, but nothing to be afraid of. It appears from reading this thread that most people's first experience of them is traumatic, so maybe I am just lucky that my first experience is still one of the best days of my life.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
11-02-2018, 10:17 PM
One of the guys with Carl is a good friend of mine, a Glasgow Hibby who posts on the Bounce occasionally. It happened alright.

nips any doubting in the bud :agree:

blackpoolhibs
11-02-2018, 10:37 PM
I miss that bridge at the bottom of Easter Road. :wink:

Thecat23
11-02-2018, 10:40 PM

Cheers, as I said nothing surprises me with that mob, but it wasn’t Rangers fans who were denying it it was Hibs fans on twitter which made me wonder if In fact it was true. Disgusting anyone feels the need to spit on someone.

superfurryhibby
11-02-2018, 11:15 PM
Cheers, as I said nothing surprises me with that mob, but it wasn’t Rangers fans who were denying it it was Hibs fans on twitter which made me wonder if In fact it was true. Disgusting anyone feels the need to spit on someone.

I read the apparently deleted thread on Follow , Follow. Sickening stuff. Some of the ****s suggested how would the blind **** know the identity of the gobbing ****, this was the general theme, along with a range of tragic jokes about the nature of the substance,etc, etc. It was a sickening exprience. There were Huns suggesting it never happended, but it was pure speculation.

Thecat23
11-02-2018, 11:21 PM
I read the apparently deleted thread on Follow , Follow. Sickening stuff. Some of the ****s suggested how would the blind **** know the identity of the gobbing ****, this was the general theme, along with a range of tragic jokes about the nature of the substance,etc, etc. It was a sickening exprience. There were Huns suggesting it never happended, but it was pure speculation.

It really is brutal the stuff posted on there. I’ve had a look in myself a while back on one of the times we beat them and the hate was off the scale. Really is no shock reading what you are saying about that site, should be shut down!

HibsEK
12-02-2018, 01:31 AM

Yeh I went to the game with them. When we arrived at the ground I went to get Macar a head set from Argyle House so he could listen to the game. Your friend said he would take Carl into the stadium while I picked up the head set. The spitting happened just after I left them so although I didn’t see it myself, I know He was with Macar when it happened. He said it was a scary experience. I seen him in the ground minutes after. It definitely happened!

Canon Hannan
12-02-2018, 07:45 AM
I was spat straight in tha face on the way to our Skol Cup semi final win at Hampden. I hope Macar is ok.

CraigHibee
12-02-2018, 09:48 AM
they truly are a bunch of inbred Neanderthals, I've been to castle greyskull once and that was 94', that's when we used to get that section in the broomloan stand (I think it's called) and I can always remember things getting lobbed at us from the top tier. I'm sure over the years there has been a lot worse happen to our support, to spit on anyone is despicable, to do it to a blind person takes it to a new low

MB62
12-02-2018, 11:32 AM
they truly are a bunch of inbred Neanderthals, I've been to castle greyskull once and that was 94', that's when we used to get that section in the broomloan stand (I think it's called) and I can always remember things getting lobbed at us from the top tier. I'm sure over the years there has been a lot worse happen to our support, to spit on anyone is despicable, to do it to a blind person takes it to a new low

Over all the years at hunbrox I have been, gobbed on, pied, tead (well I hope it was tea) verbally abused in the main stand, chased around the same stand by these morons, been threatened with arrest for complaining about them threatening us and gobbing towards us (missing on this occasion and probably hitting their own kind) and bus stoned by wee neds. This was mostly pre segregation days but I still won't go back there unless it's a very special event (Scottish Cup hammering of them was one of THE BEST experiences ever).

This has been going on forever and a day and will continue to go on as nobody seems to have the desire to attempt to do anything about it, Newco themselves, the rest of the clubs, the SFA or Police Scotland. The perpetrators of the incidents above all probably have their own sons and grandsons now who are doing exactly the same thing. Hatred is inbred with them and they mostly don't have the intelligence to think for themselves that what they are doing is abhorrently wrong, even Neanderthal man stopped this, a long time before any ancient battle that they cling on to.

BTW, apologies to our fellow Hibby who was abused like this but I don't agree with the minutes applause for this, especially given the recent death of Liam Miller and the respect we should show for the man at this time.

kaimendhibs
12-02-2018, 04:59 PM
https://stv.tv/amp/1408176-footballer-threatened-to-kill-police-officers-outside-pub/?__twitter_impression=true. Another lovely Sevco fan

hibbymick
12-02-2018, 11:57 PM
Edward lyons.....probably related to the notorious Eddie lyons. I think there would've only been one outcome there and it wouldn't be in Lyles favour.

sadtom
13-02-2018, 12:59 PM

:agree:
It seem these incidents were all to familiar. Especially during the height of the troubles in 70/80's across the central belt of Scotland, (or 'diet Ulster').
1. After playing a P6 school away match at Warriston. We were making our way towards Ferry Road in columns of 2, i was at the back on the outside, as 2 guys who i'd guess were approx 20yrs old were passing the other way. One leaned in and spat a full blown greener right in my face from point blank range then called me a "wee fenian b******". It was minging. I held it together as my pal shouted on our teacher at the front who came back and cleaned me up. But by the time i got home i had to ask my mum what a fenian was. I was in floods of tears, tears of absolute rage.
2. The same year, at a bus stop on Ferry Road after playing a home game at Arboretum. Some screeching middle aged harridan slapped me across the face (and tried 2 or 3 times more which i blocked or dodged, before running off) and started screaming at me all the usual abuse and that i wasnt welcome in Scotland?!?! Again i was left angry and bewildered.
3. Incredibly at the exact same bus stop the following year (i was the only one of my team mates getting the 14, all my pals had already got on other buses) a man in his 30/40s punched me from behind on the back of the head and kicked me twice on the backside and my legs. Again accompanied by the usual 'fenian' etc abuse.
I later found out that the nearby Spiers bar was a derhun sheethole. Dont know if it had any relevance though.
4. A matter of weeks later i was waiting to meet my mum and went to sit on a bench on Leith Walk, at Gayfield Square. A pensioner who was sat at the other end of the bench started swearing at me, calling me the usual terms of abuse, then tried 2 or 3 times to hit me with a rolled up brolly. Thankfully he only landed one glancing blow but i leapt up and bolted and waited for my mum at a distance. Again she could tell something was wrong but i didnt want to tell her as he was still sitting there and i didnt want my old dear getting involved.

All this happened to me before i left primary school. My crime? Wearing a Holy Cross uniform...not exactly 'undercover pape!'

In later years (2nd year at St Tams) we had a cup game at Ross High, Tranent. There must have been 30/40 friends and parents of the home team on the touchline. We were subjected to constant sectarian abuse, gobbing, threats of violence, and the occasional attempt to trip or hit us if we went anywhere near them. We refused to take any throw ins/corners on that side the whole game. Ref did the square route of f*** all.They were a much better side than us too and beat us comfortably. Was possibly the worst case of intimidation i've ever felt on a football pitch, gawd knows what it would have been like if it was close! After the game we got to the mininbus to find a window had been tanned. And our ashen faced teacher (and driver) just telling us to get in so we could bolt. Reckon he was cr*pping himself as much as we were.

When i was about 15/16 i saw and elderly woman crossing inbetween a small orange march at the top of Leith Walk (about what is now the Omni). She was challenged and barged to the ground by some bowler hatted clown. Around half a dozen appalled onlookers (including myself) rushed in to her assistance and to confront her attacker. We all got involved in an exchange of blows. Though rather tellingly as the cops separated us they seemed far more aggressive toward us who had gone in to help the old woman.

Once me and 3 pals were getting off a bus at Haymarket (to catch our supporters bus to a game. When we witnessed 3 well known hunmonkeys (one being Coco) from the UJ bus. One of them a lank greasy haired ape in a cammo jacket punched a young (13ish) Hibby of the low wall he was sitting on. Thankfully by now i was about 18 and old, confident and daft enough not to be intimidated and the 4 of us set about them and gave them a bit of a doing.

there have been countless other examples i've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears, at ER and at Mordor, of nauseating behavior from these cavemen. Bullies, bigots and liberty takers. Not ashamed in the slightest of the times when i became big enough and ugly enough to confront these creeps and return the violence they seem so attracted to.

When you go to the Death Star, the myth of the 'minority' bigots is put to bed. The whole ground reverberates with their poisonous bile.
If they are not joining in with the hate fest...they are not deaf or blind. So are quite comfortable to be surrounded by it.
So even the notion of a 'decent' The rankgers fan grates with me. They might not be guilty of joining in. But by going along year after year they at best still give their tacit consent.
To hell with them all. They are a special breed of sc*m and nobody come remotely close.
It's not just the 'light blues' either. I remember leaving parkhead and a friend who was late 30's at the time, is 5'3", quiet and unassuming and never been in trouble or lifted his hands in his puff. Asked a pair of coppers directions (we'd got lost on our way back to the car). We were told to "F*** off back to Edinburgh you aids carrying fenian B*******." Charming.

Personally i'd be right behind a coordinated campaign (if it were possible) with all the other clubs in the land, to have a joint protest against them and their backward behaviour. Coordinated chants and banners at all the grounds insisting that the authorities/media/politicians actually call these bigot cretins for what they are. And if they dont sort themselves out then consign them and their disgusting club to the dustbin of history.

lapsedhibee
13-02-2018, 01:15 PM
It seem these incidents were all to familiar. Especially during the height of the troubles in 70/80's across the central belt of Scotland, (or 'diet Ulster').
1. After playing a P6 school away match at Warriston. We were making our way towards Ferry Road in columns of 2, i was at the back on the outside, as 2 guys who i'd guess were approx 20yrs old were passing the other way. One leaned in and spat a full blown greener right in my face from point blank range then called me a "wee fenian b******". It was minging. I held it together as my pal shouted on our teacher at the front who came back and cleaned me up. But by the time i got home i had to ask my mum what a fenian was. I was in floods of tears, tears of absolute rage.
2. The same year, at a bus stop on Ferry Road after playing a home game at Arboretum. Some screeching middle aged harridan slapped me across the face (and tried 2 or 3 times more which i blocked or dodged, before running off) and started screaming at me all the usual abuse and that i wasnt welcome in Scotland?!?! Again i was left angry and bewildered.
3. Incredibly at the exact same bus stop the following year (i was the only one of my team mates getting the 14, all my pals had already got on other buses) a man in his 30/40s punched me from behind on the back of the head and kicked me twice on the backside and my legs. Again accompanied by the usual 'fenian' etc abuse.
I later found out that the nearby Spiers bar was a derhun sheethole. Dont know if it had any relevance though.
4. A matter of weeks later i was waiting to meet my mum and went to sit on a bench on Leith Walk, at Gayfield Square. A pensioner who was sat at the other end of the bench started swearing at me, calling me the usual terms of abuse, then tried 2 or 3 times to hit me with a rolled up brolly. Thankfully he only landed one glancing blow but i leapt up and bolted and waited for my mum at a distance. Again she could tell something was wrong but i didnt want to tell her as he was still sitting there and i didnt want my old dear getting involved.

All this happened to me before i left primary school. My crime? Wearing a Holy Cross uniform...not exactly 'undercover pape!'

In later years (2nd year at St Tams) we had a cup game at Ross High, Tranent. There must have been 30/40 friends and parents of the home team on the touchline. We were subjected to constant sectarian abuse, gobbing, threats of violence, and the occasional attempt to trip or hit us if we went anywhere near them. We refused to take any throw ins/corners on that side the whole game. Ref did the square route of f*** all.They were a much better side than us too and beat us comfortably. Was possibly the worst case of intimidation i've ever felt on a football pitch, gawd knows what it would have been like if it was close! After the game we got to the mininbus to find a window had been tanned. And our ashen faced teacher (and driver) just telling us to get in so we could bolt. Reckon he was cr*pping himself as much as we were.

When i was about 15/16 i saw and elderly woman crossing inbetween a small orange march at the top of Leith Walk (about what is now the Omni). She was challenged and barged to the ground by some bowler hatted clown. Around half a dozen appalled onlookers (including myself) rushed in to her assistance and to confront her attacker. We all got involved in an exchange of blows. Though rather tellingly as the cops separated us they seemed far more aggressive toward us who had gone in to help the old woman.

Once me and 3 pals were getting off a bus at Haymarket (to catch our supporters bus to a game. When we witnessed 3 well known hunmonkeys (one being Coco) from the UJ bus. One of them a lank greasy haired ape in a cammo jacket punched a young (13ish) Hibby of the low wall he was sitting on. Thankfully by now i was about 18 and old, confident and daft enough not to be intimidated and the 4 of us set about them and gave them a bit of a doing.

there have been countless other examples i've seen and heard with my own eyes and ears, at ER and at Mordor, of nauseating behavior from these cavemen. Bullies, bigots and liberty takers. Not ashamed in the slightest of the times when i became big enough and ugly enough to confront these creeps and return the violence they seem so attracted to.

When you go to the Death Star, the myth of the 'minority' bigots is put to bed. The whole ground reverberates with their poisonous bile.
If they are not joining in with the hate fest...they are not deaf or blind. So are quite comfortable to be surrounded by it.
So even the notion of a 'decent' The rankgers fan grates with me. They might not be guilty of joining in. But by going along year after year they at best still give their tacit consent.
To hell with them all. They are a special breed of sc*m and nobody come remotely close.
It's not just the 'light blues' either. I remember leaving parkhead and a friend who was late 30's at the time, is 5'3", quiet and unassuming and never been in trouble or lifted his hands in his puff. Asked a pair of coppers directions (we'd got lost on our way back to the car). We were told to "F*** off back to Edinburgh you aids carrying fenian B*******." Charming.

Personally i'd be right behind a coordinated campaign (if it were possible) with all the other clubs in the land, to have a joint protest against them and their backward behaviour. Coordinated chants and banners at all the grounds insisting that the authorities/media/politicians actually call these bigot cretins for what they are. And if they dont sort themselves out then consign them and their disgusting club to the dustbin of history.

Very good post SirA. Only thing slightly more depressing than how huns are is that the polis are in on it. And quite possibly the justice system anaw.

sadtom
13-02-2018, 01:23 PM
Very good post SirA. Only thing slightly more depressing than how huns are is that the polis are in on it. And quite possibly the justice system anaw.

Hibrandenburg
16-02-2018, 09:07 AM
This has probably been posted before and I feel the hate was played down a bit in the documentary, but it does show quite well that both clubs are 2 cheeks of the same arse.

https://youtu.be/PsyX8auU1OA

Johnny Clash
16-02-2018, 09:43 AM

Thanks for your post. Your experiences make a depressing read and the fact that this blind hatred still happens in 2018 is disgusting. You're right in saying that part of the establishment are fully involved and this is a big issue. I used to work in the railway alongside a Jambo who was a member of the masons and he told me stuff about the cops that beggars belief. The more we do to expose this crap and campaign against it the better.

One Day
17-02-2018, 09:19 AM

I encountered this sort of stuff in the 1960's attending catholic primary school, f off back to Ireland was a usual quote, pape, fenian and others. I also remember idiots interrupting Mass,

overdrive
17-02-2018, 09:42 AM
https://stv.tv/amp/1408176-footballer-threatened-to-kill-police-officers-outside-pub/?__twitter_impression=true. Another lovely Sevco fan

I was at an event that Lyle was in attendance at last year. Very dodgy character. It wouldn’t surprise me if some of the people involved in the other side of that incident were in attendance as well.

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2018, 10:05 AM
I encountered this sort of stuff in the 1960's attending catholic primary school, f off back to Ireland was a usual quote, pape, fenian and others. I also remember idiots interrupting Mass,

I cant believe what I have read from 'sadtom' and your post here supporting what he has said with your own experience.

All I can say is if even half of it is true I'm glad a grew up in the Borders where I cant recall seeing stuff like this happen .. that isn't to say there weren't incidents, I'm sure there was but even then between kids, not adults attacking kids.

I simply cant believe that grown men would pick on a child because of what school blazer they were wearing, that's absolutely incredible ...... surely it doesn't still happen :confused:

The only time I felt in danger living here was when I was about 18 or 19 .... I was waiting for the bus in Innerleithen high street and as I stood there with my Hibs top and scarf on two buses taking folk to an orange march in Hawick stopped at the pub directly across the road. If anybody knows Innerleithen there's nowhere to run to if you are in the middle of the high street. Luckily for me in the couple of minutes between their buses stopping and my bus arriving they didn't notice me ... but to say it was a worrying two minutes would be an understatement :greengrin

What's so depressing is that so far as football is concerned nothing appears to have changed ... perhaps 'sadtom' is right and its time for the fans of all the Scottish clubs to take their own stand ... The only problem with that of course is that if Hibs or Celtic fans take part it will just be looked on as part of a sectarian rivalry by the MSM and given the very recent revelations about Hearts it will be difficult for them to take the moral high ground about anything.

But having said that if at every stadium outside of Ibrox the fans held up a banner with 'say no to sectarianism' written on it I don't see how it could hurt.

Jones28
17-02-2018, 10:20 AM
FAO sadtom - that's quite a host of stories that demonstrate just how despicable some of these people are. Attacking kids ffs? Fortunately I think this has started to die out.

Cabbage East
17-02-2018, 10:23 AM
This has probably been posted before and I feel the hate was played down a bit in the documentary, but it does show quite well that both clubs are 2 cheeks of the same arse.

https://youtu.be/PsyX8auU1OA

Such a tired cliche. Sick of hearing that. They aren’t the same. I’m no fan of Celtic by any means, but they aren’t the same. Rangers are in a different league.

fat freddy
17-02-2018, 10:25 AM

I went to Holy Cross too but I was more scared of Mrs. McLeod's belt than any daft orangemen waiting at the bus stop to get me.
The orange hate was a breeze compared to that sadistic old trout. I once got 4 of the best just for dropping my pencil.
I was 8

NAE NOOKIE
17-02-2018, 10:32 AM
I went to Holy Cross too but I was more scared of Mrs. McLeod's belt than any daft orangemen waiting at the bus stop to get me.
The orange hate was a breeze compared to that sadistic old trout. I once got 4 of the best just for dropping my pencil.
I was 8

I had a primary teacher who gave me the belt for getting a sum wrong on the blackboard .... to this day I blame her for my numbers dyslexia, at least that's what I call it :greengrin Dr Finsterbush ... she had a German accent but apparently was Swiss .. hmmmm! ... I often wondered what her occupation had been before moving to Scotland to teach ... Swiss my arse. I could never understand why somebody who appeared to hate kids so much took up teaching in the first place.

Hibernian Verse
17-02-2018, 10:40 AM
I cant believe what I have read from 'sadtom' and your post here supporting what he has said with your own experience.

All I can say is if even half of it is true I'm glad a grew up in the Borders where I cant recall seeing stuff like this happen .. that isn't to say there weren't incidents, I'm sure there was but even then between kids, not adults attacking kids.

I simply cant believe that grown men would pick on a child because of what school blazer they were wearing, that's absolutely incredible ...... surely it doesn't still happen :confused:

The only time I felt in danger living here was when I was about 18 or 19 .... I was waiting for the bus in Innerleithen high street and as I stood there with my Hibs top and scarf on two buses taking folk to an orange march in Hawick stopped at the pub directly across the road. If anybody knows Innerleithen there's nowhere to run to if you are in the middle of the high street. Luckily for me in the couple of minutes between their buses stopping and my bus arriving they didn't notice me ... but to say it was a worrying two minutes would be an understatement :greengrin

What's so depressing is that so far as football is concerned nothing appears to have changed ... perhaps 'sadtom' is right and its time for the fans of all the Scottish clubs to take their own stand ... The only problem with that of course is that if Hibs or Celtic fans take part it will just be looked on as part of a sectarian rivalry by the MSM and given the very recent revelations about Hearts it will be difficult for them to take the moral high ground about anything.

But having said that if at every stadium outside of Ibrox the fans held up a banner with 'say no to sectarianism' written on it I don't see how it could hurt.

I've been spat at on Dundas Street due to the school blazer I had on. Only happened once but enough to remember it a decade later. Nothing to do with religion or anything, just 3 mid-20 jakeys that thought they were hard spitting on kids.

Johnny Clash
17-02-2018, 10:41 AM
Such a tired cliche. Sick of hearing that. They aren’t the same. I’m no fan of Celtic by any means, but they aren’t the same. Rangers are in a different league.

Happens every time mate. The minute elements of The Rangers support are exposed and rightly criticised there’s posters on here bleating ‘ah but there’s also others who almost as bad.. what about ..... ???’

So instead of jumping to the Huns’ defence why don’t they just start threads when other teams fans do something that’s ‘just as bad’ ... ?

We all have our zoomers to contend with but The Rangers are by far the absolute worse.

StevieC
17-02-2018, 10:57 AM
I’m no fan of Celtic by any means, but they aren’t the same. Rangers are in a different league.

I think views on this might be slightly skewed based on how we are perceived by the OF. Celtc seem to think we are some sort of "brothers in arms" and therefore unlikely to subject us to the same level of abuse, whereas THE Rangers view us as an extension of Celtc.

I bet if you were to ask Hearts fans about their experiences at OF games it would be the polar opposite.

silverhibee
17-02-2018, 01:16 PM
Edward lyons.....probably related to the notorious Eddie lyons. I think there would've only been one outcome there and it wouldn't be in Lyles favour.

Son of crime boss Eddie Lyons senior and the first name mentioned was the guy who was cleared of a famous murder at Asdas through West, was shot while dropping his kid off at primary school, take it Lyle is keeping a low profile after thinking he would sort things out with that crowd.

DH1875
17-02-2018, 01:28 PM
I think views on this might be slightly skewed based on how we are perceived by the OF. Celtc seem to think we are some sort of "brothers in arms" and therefore unlikely to subject us to the same level of abuse, whereas THE Rangers view us as an extension of Celtc.

I bet if you were to ask Hearts fans about their experiences at OF games it would be the polar opposite.

Hearts fans get it at Ibrox as well, and most celtic fans will tell you that going to tynecastle is worse than going to Ibrox.

hibbie02
17-02-2018, 02:09 PM
I remember I once went through to Greyskull in the early 80s on a supporters bus for the second leg of a league cup game (I think). We were parked up a fair walk from the stadium and had to get through hordes of these vile trolls. They were all making snide comments, kicking our ankles, trying to provoke a reaction to make us look to be aggressors. I think we lost on the night, but went through on aggregate. When most of us got back to the bus, it wouldn't start and we were surrounded. We got it going eventually, but it was one of the scariest experiences of my life. They were even waiting for us on the motorway bridges to pelt the bus. Never been so glad to get back to Edinburgh.

Hibrandenburg
17-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Happens every time mate. The minute elements of The Rangers support are exposed and rightly criticised there’s posters on here bleating ‘ah but there’s also others who almost as bad.. what about ..... ???’

So instead of jumping to the Huns’ defence why don’t they just start threads when other teams fans do something that’s ‘just as bad’ ... ?

We all have our zoomers to contend with but The Rangers are by far the absolute worse.

Who's jumping to the Huns defence? :confused:

People are merely pointing out that Celtic are the Yang to the Huns Yin.

Cardinal G
17-02-2018, 08:55 PM
I remember I once went through to Greyskull in the early 80s on a supporters bus for the second leg of a league cup game (I think). We were parked up a fair walk from the stadium and had to get through hordes of these vile trolls. They were all making snide comments, kicking our ankles, trying to provoke a reaction to make us look to be aggressors. I think we lost on the night, but went through on aggregate. When most of us got back to the bus, it wouldn't start and we were surrounded. We got it going eventually, but it was one of the scariest experiences of my life. They were even waiting for us on the motorway bridges to pelt the bus. Never been so glad to get back to Edinburgh.

That was the one nil loss to a Davy Cooper free kick but went thru to 85 league cup final on aggregate.
Rememberleaving the bottom tier of the Broomloan road stand, we had both lower and top and they were mixing in with us, saw a lad slashed across the cheek, it was gruesome, they are vile fans and that will never change

kaimendhibs
17-02-2018, 09:02 PM
I went to the game at Mordor the night after McLeish went there. The game Paco Luna scored first for us in a one all draw. The bus, can't mind what one dropped us off about a ten minute walk from the ground. Was the worst walk of my life, wasn't hit but verbally abused and threatened.

hibbie02
18-02-2018, 02:53 PM
That was the one nil loss to a Davy Cooper free kick but went thru to 85 league cup final on aggregate.
Rememberleaving the bottom tier of the Broomloan road stand, we had both lower and top and they were mixing in with us, saw a lad slashed across the cheek, it was gruesome, they are vile fans and that will never change

That's the one!

Joe6-2
18-02-2018, 02:55 PM

We had a part of a paving slab through the bus skylight from one of these bridges, could have killed someone

superfurryhibby
18-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Who's jumping to the Huns defence? :confused:

People are merely pointing out that Celtic are the Yang to the Huns Yin.

Some people more so than others:cb. Which is ironic given the thread is about the Hun

In the interests of balance, I would point out that the Hun haven't had it all their own way. I recall some tangles late70's- early 80's in Easter Road and they weren't dishing it out.

TrinityHibs
18-02-2018, 03:52 PM

i spoke to him yesterday. it was worse than reported in the paper.

Baldy Foghorn
18-02-2018, 03:55 PM
i spoke to him yesterday. it was worse than reported in the paper.

Can you elaborate?

hibee_nation
18-02-2018, 05:44 PM

I was sitting on my hands in the top deck of the govan stand. Thank god we never scored and i blew my cover. Was envoiously looking over at the Broomloan wishing i was in there. They were spewing at the end was hard to keep a straight face

sadtom
19-02-2018, 02:47 AM
FAO sadtom - that's quite a host of stories that demonstrate just how despicable some of these people are. Attacking kids ffs? Fortunately I think this has started to die out.

Yes. (also to Nae Nookie) I would imagine that it could still occasionally happen but would be extremely isolated incidents. Nowt like it was. Thankfully.

sadtom
19-02-2018, 02:56 AM
I was 8

Cant remember the name. But do remember one nasty auld bisom. May have been her, but she retired when i was P 3or4.
But before she left i still had one run in with her. She made 3 of us put our hand face down on the table, then tucked our fingers under. Like a fist but not clenched, then she banged down on top of our knuckles. It was f****** agony. Could easily have broken bones or caused damage. This was for talking and mucking around at the dinner table!!! Incredible that these people were allowed to do that to kids.

sadtom
19-02-2018, 03:08 AM

Strangely i always remember that game as one of the easiest ever, especially during the 80's, at Ipox. Around 8/9k Hibbies there and for once they didn't want to know outside. Bog standard league games in the 3/4 years previously, when we struggled to take 3/400 through were terrifying in comparison.