PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea to ban fans for anti Semitic language

nairn hibee
06-02-2018, 09:23 PM
Bbc say police are working with Chelsea and Watford after anti Semitic chants.if the police can investigate that. why can't they do the same with the Rangers ,it's got to be in a far larger scale.cant ever see it tho,but why not.have rangers ever banned anyone for bigotry

jabis
06-02-2018, 09:39 PM
You come from Nairn, I come from Finechty,we don't count.

The Spaceman
06-02-2018, 09:39 PM
There’s a whole thread on Follow Follow just now about the sectarian language (H*n) used by Hibs fans on Saturday and how it should be investigated. Can’t make it up.

Dinkydoo
06-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Because as a country, bigotry is our dirty little secret.

Nobody wants to deal with it and the bigots combined with those who'd rather bury their head in the sand by calling it out as a 'Scottish football' problem, in a bid to deflect attention and responsibility away from their own clubs, probably out-number those who actually would like to see us as a nation tackle the problem.

Call me cynical but I'm of the opinion that we're pissing in the wind with this one. The only approach might be to hope that in a modern society these kind of views eventually die out with the people peddling them. Like racism, homophobia et al

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

jacomo
06-02-2018, 09:46 PM

Nobody wants to deal with it and the bigots combined with those who'd rather bury their head in the sand by calling it out as a 'Scottish football' problem, in a bid to deflect attention and responsibility away from their own clubs, probably out-number those who actually would like to see us as a nation tackle the problem.

Call me cynical but I'm of the opinion that we're pissing in the wind with this one. The only approach might be to hope that in a modern society these kind of views eventually die out with the people peddling them. Like racism, homophobia et al

Hoping something just dies out doesn’t work.

I think you need some kind of catalyst for change, a bit like Weinstein kickstarting the #MeToo movement.

nairn hibee
06-02-2018, 09:51 PM

As the county have pumped Buckie twice this season I should count a wee bit more.

Deansy
06-02-2018, 09:52 PM

Can't see the Hun letting bigoted-sectarianism fade away as it's a major part of their recruitment !

HoboHarry
06-02-2018, 09:55 PM

Years ago i took my american wife through "Finechty"and when we stopped at a tea room she asked me what language I was talking in with the waitress. 😂

AgentDaleCooper
07-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Bbc say police are working with Chelsea and Watford after anti Semitic chants.if the police can investigate that. why can't they do the same with the Rangers ,it's got to be in a far larger scale.cant ever see it tho,but why not.have rangers ever banned anyone for bigotry

it's also not just rangers - celtic were blasting out IRA songs last time they were at easter road. they are absolutely as bad as each other, we just don't get the worst of it from celtic because they see us as their 'wee cousins' or something irritating like that. choobs, the lot of them.

HUTCHYHIBBY
07-02-2018, 11:35 AM
it's also not just rangers - celtic were blasting out IRA songs last time they were at easter road. they are absolutely as bad as each other, we just don't get the worst of it from celtic because they see us as their 'wee cousins' or something irritating like that. choobs, the lot of them.

You've not read the script, you can't post that on here. ;-)

SirDavidsNapper
07-02-2018, 11:35 AM
There’s a whole thread on Follow Follow just now about the sectarian language (H*n) used by Hibs fans on Saturday and how it should be investigated. Can’t make it up.

Wow. Just wow

matty_f
07-02-2018, 11:54 AM
You've not read the script, you can't post that on here. ;-)

Wow, it looks like he has posted it on here. :wink:

WeeRussell
07-02-2018, 11:59 AM

I just tried to go and have a look at this and discovered that 'follow follow' is blocked at my work.... I quite like that :greengrin

Spike Mandela
07-02-2018, 12:00 PM

I was at a Chelsea v Sunderland game in ‘the shed’ in 2012 and the anti Semitic stuff was shocking. Even worse, when an Israeli player came on for Sunderland( Ex Liverpool, name escapes me) the abuse went up several notches. Not something I have ever heard in a football ground before and I couldn’t believe my ears.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-02-2018, 12:29 PM

Stupid Huns :wink:

Hibee87
07-02-2018, 12:32 PM
I just tried to go and have a look at this and discovered that 'follow follow' is blocked at my work.... I quite like that :greengrin

Someone in my work before I started got Kickback blocked, but not .net

surreyhibbie
07-02-2018, 12:41 PM
Someone in my work before I started got Kickback blocked, but not .net

When I was responsible for Internet access in my job, I did the same. monitored it for a while but nobody attempted to access Kickback,

The only person accessing this site was me!

Mind you, the Company was(is) based in London...

Keith_M
07-02-2018, 01:01 PM
I think the police and clubs are doing the right thing. Anti-semitism is competely unnaceptable.

Now, if only the Scottish Police, Clubs and Football Authorities had the same determination to eradicate Sectarianism, Bigotry and Terrorist Worshipping in Scotland, I'd be even happier.

Haymaker
07-02-2018, 01:02 PM
I was at a Chelsea v Sunderland game in ‘the shed’ in 2012 and the anti Semitic stuff was shocking. Even worse, when an Israeli player came on for Sunderland( Ex Liverpool, name escapes me) the abuse went up several notches. Not something I have ever heard in a football ground before and I couldn’t believe my ears.

Chelsea fans are horrible people. The "real" ones that is, not the ones they've had since 2003.

Frazerbob
07-02-2018, 01:48 PM
Silverlining to the whole Stokes debacle is that the dreadful song about his old man will surely never be aired again.

Dashing Bob S
07-02-2018, 02:04 PM
Chelsea fans are horrible people. The "real" ones that is, not the ones they've had since 2003.

My uncle is a Chelsea fan. Always supported them as they are his local team in West London. You couldn’t hope to meet a nicer chap. Ran marathons for Save The Children and the RSPCA. Worked for a national charity that rescued abandoned pets. He’s getting on a bit now but still enjoys taking his now grown up grandchildren to Stamford Bridge and isn’t the slightest bit upset that of them inclines towards Arsenal.

SouthMoroccoStu
07-02-2018, 02:07 PM
Silverlining to the whole Stokes debacle is that the dreadful song about his old man will surely never be aired again.

Totally agree

Didn't hear many singing it but was still cringe worthy

On par with the Hearts' Gorgie Billy Boys

Haymaker
07-02-2018, 03:14 PM
My uncle is a Chelsea fan. Always supported them as they are his local team in West London. You couldn’t hope to meet a nicer chap. Ran marathons for Save The Children and the RSPCA. Worked for a national charity that rescued abandoned pets. He’s getting on a bit now but still enjoys taking his now grown up grandchildren to Stamford Bridge and isn’t the slightest bit upset that of them inclines towards Arsenal.

Fair enough Bob but the ones I know - and that's a lot - are not the nicest when you scratch the surface. Very hard-core right wing, racist and anti Semitic. Huge loyalists that follow the "loyalist trinity".

Iggy Pope
07-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Fair enough Bob but the ones I know - and that's a lot - are not the nicest when you scratch the surface. Very hard-core right wing, racist and anti Semitic. Huge loyalists that follow the "loyalist trinity".

The what? Chelsea, Linfield, Rangers by any chance?

Edit: Hamburg would make an unholy trinity +1....

murray26
07-02-2018, 03:33 PM
Is calling Sevco fans “Huns” sectarian..? I’ve never thought so.. it sounds more like a justification from them to continue there bigoted bile.. surely nobody’s buying into this nonsense..

hibsbollah
07-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Is calling Sevco fans “Huns” sectarian..? I’ve never thought so.. it sounds more like a justification from them to continue there bigoted bile.. surely nobody’s buying into this nonsense..

This debate is circular, but it is the case that 'hun' is used in Ulster as a derogatory term for 'prods'. Thats a fact.

Personally I call the Rangers 'huns' as well, so i suppose I need to look at my own behaviour, but I use it to mean 'nutcase rangers supporters'; the religion thing doesn't come into it for me personally. Its not really comparable to them singing about up to knees in blood, derry walls or the sash, or their refusal to sign catholic players for large parts of their (previous) history. The huns will use our use of the term as an excuse for their favourite activity, 'whataboutery' of course, and justify their continued inaction to deal with their own shameful position as the worlds most prejudiced, sectarian and bigoted club. (Yes even more than Zagreb, Zenit.)

Iggy Pope
07-02-2018, 03:48 PM

Sectarianism aside, trust me. To be called a fenian is to be respected as a poet, artist, warrior, libertarian and extraordinary lover. These ******ed Huns should be acknowledged for recognising this if nothing else.

Aim Here
07-02-2018, 04:23 PM
This debate is circular, but it is the case that 'hun' is used in Ulster as a derogatory term for 'prods'. Thats a fact.

That's the sensible reason for deciding that 'hun' is sectarian; though I've never heard it used in Scotland that way. Is the Irish usage as a slur a new thing?

I've also seen complaints about the modified terms 'Diet huns' or 'Huns without the bus fare'. The argument is that because the modified terms refer to fans of teams other than Rangers, it must be because they're protestant (and not because they're aping the bigotry of a large chunk of the Rangers support or copying the worst parts of the Rangers songbook), and is therefore a sectarian slur. Either that or they think that singing ***** like 'The Billy Boys' is inherently part of protestantness and therefore criticizing it is bigotry. It's a pretty thin argument either way.

Scouse Hibee
08-02-2018, 08:01 AM

Yossi Benayoun?

Is It On....
08-02-2018, 09:45 AM

Chelsea and West Ham are the worst for this when they play Spurs. The worst one isn't even a "chant" and it's been going on for years and nothing has really been done about it [yet].

Sir David Gray
08-02-2018, 09:59 AM

I have never heard anyone other than Rangers fans called huns.

As a Protestant myself, I have never been called a hun in my life. It would actually be quite interesting if I was to be arrested and charged with a religious hate crime for using the word hun at a Rangers game (I use the word freely during games against them). How would the court deal with me effectively being accused of a hate crime against my own faith?

The word hun is used exclusively for fans of Rangers and no-one else. Don't let them pretend otherwise.

Renfrew_Hibby
08-02-2018, 09:59 AM
Do the Feyenoord fans still hiss in unison to recreat the gas chamber when they play Ajax, the 'Jewish' club in The Netherlands?
This for me has to be worse than any chant or banner that, Chelsea, Lazio, Rangers or any other filth support can come up with.

Renfrew_Hibby
08-02-2018, 10:04 AM
'hun' isn't sectarian, it only refers to the fact that the royal family are mainly of German origin.

hibby rae
08-02-2018, 10:30 AM

I saw this online as possible suggestion to it's origins. Although it wasn't sourced so can't be verified:

First used by in the judicial deliberation laid down following the infamous rioting of Ranger fans in 1972 after their cup winner cup victory. The judge is known to have said that the fans displayed hun like behaviour (i.e. rioting charging looting not disimilar from Atilla the Hun). The rioting was abhored by the Rangers F.C manager who said “It is to these tikes, hooligans, louts and drunkards that I pinpoint my message – it is because of your gutter-rat behaviour that we Rangers FC are being publicly tarred and feathered . . . ”

Togs91
08-02-2018, 10:53 AM
Dont see any posts on the rangers forums questioning these

http://rangersfcitsawayoflife.bigcartel.com/product/packs-of-25-rangers-fc-stickers-pre-order-now

Anyway why be confused wether using the word hun is sectarian, when we can use sevco and really annoy them!!

DH1875
08-02-2018, 11:46 AM
Do the Feyenoord fans still hiss in unison to recreat the gas chamber when they play Ajax, the 'Jewish' club in The Netherlands?
This for me has to be worse than any chant or banner that, Chelsea, Lazio, Rangers or any other filth support can come up with.

I think this might be what's being referred to here;

Chelsea and West Ham are the worst for this when they play Spurs. The worst one isn't even a "chant" and it's been going on for years and nothing has really been done about it [yet].

Although I wasn't aware that West Ham do it.

Is It On....
08-02-2018, 12:50 PM
I think this might be what's being referred to here;

Although I wasn't aware that West Ham do it.

My Spurs friend who is season ticket holder maintains that it's West Ham as well as Chelsea. Only his word for it mind..

Keith_M
08-02-2018, 01:09 PM
The 'Hun' thing is merely a diversionary tactic by Rangers Fans. It's merely used as an excuse to deflect away from their own bigotry.

People in Scotland use the word 'Hun' to refer to rangers fans, not Protestants. Most Hibbies I know are from Protestant backgrounds, so ro accuse them of sectarianism against themselves is a bit stupid.

If we ever take guidance from Norn Iron as to what's right and what's wrong, then god help us all!

ben johnson
08-02-2018, 01:23 PM
That's the sensible reason for deciding that 'hun' is sectarian; though I've never heard it used in Scotland that way. Is the Irish usage as a slur a new thing?

I've also seen complaints about the modified terms 'Diet huns' or 'Huns without the bus fare'. The argument is that because the modified terms refer to fans of teams other than Rangers, it must be because they're protestant (and not because they're aping the bigotry of a large chunk of the Rangers support or copying the worst parts of the Rangers songbook), and is therefore a sectarian slur. Either that or they think that singing ***** like 'The Billy Boys' is inherently part of protestantness and therefore criticizing it is bigotry. It's a pretty thin argument either way.

Billy boys song about a leader of a razor gang who were openly anti Catholic. Later in life Billy joined Oswald Moseleys fascists and started a KKK branch in Glasgow.

One Day
08-02-2018, 03:41 PM

First time I heard of this, what a horrible thing to do.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-02-2018, 04:10 PM
My Spurs friend who is season ticket holder maintains that it's West Ham as well as Chelsea. Only his word for it mind..

He isn't wrong.

DH1875
08-02-2018, 04:28 PM
First time I heard of this, what a horrible thing to do.

As already mentioned in the thread, it doesn't just happen in Holland. It's also been known to happen down south.

Not saying he is wrong, was just unaware that it was something that West Ham also do.

bringbackbenny
08-02-2018, 04:37 PM
The 'Hun' thing is merely a diversionary tactic by Rangers Fans. It's merely used as an excuse to deflect away from their own bigotry.

People in Scotland use the word 'Hun' to refer to rangers fans, not Protestants. Most Hibbies I know are from Protestant backgrounds, so ro accuse them of sectarianism against themselves is a bit stupid.

If we ever take guidance from Norn Iron as to what's right and what's wrong, then god help us all!

Spot on.
Lorenzo Amoruso was a big Hun lol would love to drop that one in Follow Follow, much confusion :)

NAE NOOKIE
08-02-2018, 05:05 PM

Exactly how I've always viewed it .... I've been using Hun from my very first Rangers game in the 70s and never heard any suggestion, not even from the Huns themselves, that the term was sectarian. I certainly never intended it to be when I used it then and still don't now ... its for Sevco fans only, not protestants.

Its the old chicken and egg scenario ..... Does a term that wasn't sectarian ( and never intended to be ) become sectarian because you use it as a derogatory term against a set of people who are themselves a bunch of vile bigots. I have never heard the term used to describe a protestant or people of the protestant faith EVER in Scotland. If we started calling the The Rangers fans pineapples would that make that a sectarian anti protestant word as well?

Ridiculous ...... Huns they are and Huns they will remain .... Huns, Huns, Huns, Huns, Huns, Huns, Huns, Huns ..... hell, I could type that sixteen hundred and ninety times :greengrin

Is It On....
08-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Did you see that The Masons are lodging a complaint against discrimination?

Just Alf
08-02-2018, 07:42 PM
Did you see that The Masons are lodging a complaint against discrimination?You mean... They've issued a statement?

Sounds familiar can't think why mind.....

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk