PDA

View Full Version : Reaction since the derby

Perd Hapley
06-02-2018, 01:25 AM
Amazing the difference some good signings and couple of wins makes. I think it's inarguable that we're well placed now to push on and compete for 3rd so long as we stay injury clear - touch wood.

Now I think of it we've also managed to get through the Christmas period without the traditional slump in form, and for all the injuries the team look as balanced and creative as ever. Cheers Neil :cheers:

:nlgwa

Viva_Palmeiras
06-02-2018, 05:07 AM
Well that’s the staying injury free bit stuffed up...

essexhibee
06-02-2018, 05:12 AM
Amazing the difference some good signings and couple of wins makes. I think it's inarguable that we're well placed now to push on and compete for 3rd so long as we stay injury clear - touch wood.

Now I think of it we've also managed to get through the Christmas period without the traditional slump in form, and for all the injuries the team look as balanced and creative as ever. Cheers Neil :cheers:

:nlgwa

Agreed we have responded well. Absolutely vital we beat them in the next Derby however.

SirDavidsNapper
06-02-2018, 05:18 AM
Barker big blow bit gutted about that but we should still be alright

lyonhibs
06-02-2018, 05:54 AM
Agreed we have responded well. Absolutely vital we beat them in the next Derby however.

Why is it "absolutely vital"? from a football POV? If we beat Aberdeen at home and keep winning until the derby, then we'll likely be yet further ahead of them in the league.

I think we'll beat them at ER, but it'll likely only be "absolutely vital" if one is too caught up in the pissing contest bragging rights side of things. Unlike them, our results in Edinburgh derbies should no longer define us IMO.

JimBHibees
06-02-2018, 06:08 AM
Why is it "absolutely vital"? from a football POV? If we beat Aberdeen at home and keep winning until the derby, then we'll likely be yet further ahead of them in the league.

I think we'll beat them at ER, but it'll likely only be "absolutely vital" if one is too caught up in the pissing contest bragging rights side of things. Unlike them, our results in Edinburgh derbies should no longer define us IMO.

Very good point keep playing how we are playing and see where we are when it comes around. Loads of points to win in between time. Injuries are definitely a concern though alot of which IMO can be put down to the schedule when we had about 6 games in a week both before and directly after the break, a schedule many other teams didnt have. Pointless having a break in this scenario.

Borderhibbie76
06-02-2018, 06:53 AM

:nlgwaCursed us with the injury comment mate...cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk